Pet Friendly: Oasis Towers OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Anthroguy101

Pet Friendly: Oasis Towers OOC

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I AM NOT THE GM. Apparently I'm not capable of managing a roleplay due to time constraints that will only get worse. From now on it's Alex's responsiblity.

The Pet Friendly Oasis Towers takes place in the city of Oasis. The city of Oasis is in the Southwestern United States. It is an area that has varying weather conditions. It is very close to the Mojave Desert. In Oasis there are many places to hang out, eat, and shop. Oasis Towers is the biggest apartment building in Oasis, where pets and their owners live.

Oasis Towers is 20 stories tall. On the floor level there's a doorman and a buzzer, as well as a garden in the back where pets can meet and "do their business" (they can also use the toilet if they're trained). On the second level there's a swimming pool and meeting rooms, both public and private. The pets have their own separate pool and meeting room. On all other levels are the living areas (which means all apartment numbers must begin with the numbers 3-20 and end in two digits). The kind of property varies greatly. Some rooms are pre-furnished and others are empty. Some properties are rented and others are sold. Some rooms have one bedroom and others can have up to four. Rooms can have from 1-3 bathrooms, and they can have a shower. Some may include a full-size jacuzzi. It all depends on your preference.

Anyone is welcome to start a business in Oasis, whether it's a shop, restaurant, bar or something else. You can determine whether the place caters to people, pets or both. Just remember to keep everything appropriate. Please read the rules of the forum before joining.

RULES FOR JOINING:
>All characters joining must have a character sheet in the Main OOC, with another one linking here
>You must describe what your apartment is like in your first post

Other rules:
>There is a 2 post-per-day limit
>We are currently running under a 25 player limit

Have fun!
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Zander

Re: Pet Friendly: Oasis Towers OOC

Post by Zander »

Last edited by Zander on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

SWEET! I might make a character myself.

Edit: I added this to the BsM OOC as the slower neighborhood.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Why not, I'll jump in, too.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm tempted, but... Ah what the heck! I'd love to join!
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Would it be crazy for me to join since I have already have characters in 3...?
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zack_the_husky wrote:Would it be crazy for me to join since I have already have characters in 3...?
I would say yes, but no one's stopping you.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

I dont really get the setting in this place.
so each character has his own apartment? and his own restaurant/cafe/shop/thing.
If so, ill say what he owns in the first post ;)

-Name-
Matt

-Species-
dog - Golden Labrador

-Age-
19 =~ 5.5

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
a regular all around Golden Labrador, always has dark sunglasses on. has a Blu-tooth wireless dog's earpiece.
black with red stripes collar, and a red triangle for a tag. The sunglasses 90% of the time cover his eyes, which his left one is blue and his right is greenish blue.

-Personality-
Not necessarily mean, but not really the most joyful and nice pet in the world. has no care for any pet that is younger, less rich, less good looking, or less anything to him. and if someone is the same, or better then him at anything, he treats them as if there the same.

-Other Notes-
Hes rich, which is obvious in his attitude.
his Blu-tooth earpiece can cause some serious confusion.
80% of the time he has his bodyguard, a Chocolate lab, alongside him.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 8
Perception- 4
Endurance- 7
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 5
Luck- 5

and im guessing this color ()is available?
Last edited by Zander on Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Zack_the_husky wrote:Would it be crazy for me to join since I have already have characters in 3...?
In my opinion, If you're able to handle 4 neighborhoods, then you should be allowed to participate in 4 neighborhoods.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Woah, guys, hold on. When this was made, it was meant to be SLOWER.
If you're not going to go slow (as in, max 3 posts a day) don't join.

(unless I am wrong, in which case, someone correct me)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
The Game

Post by The Game »

I'm in!!!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
In my opinion, If you're able to handle 4 neighborhoods, then you should be allowed to participate in 4 neighborhoods.
Well, that's what I meant. I can only go off of my own perspective, but when you have three neighborhoods that you have taken responsibility in, and any real life activities, adding another neighborhood to your responsibilities seems like an easy way to overbook yourself. But I don't know what your schedule is, so if you feel like you have the ability, go for it.

EDIT: Okay, two questions.
1. Do we have to claim a color to write in? Or is that optional? We don't do that in RV, so I'm curious.
2. What's this about "slower"?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
The Game

Post by The Game »

Teh Brawler wrote:
1. Do we have to claim a color to write in? Or is that optional? We don't do that in RV, so I'm curious.
1. idk
2. like, 3 posts a day or something.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Game wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:
1. idk
2. like, 3 posts a day or something.
I have no problem with posting slower, but where did it say that?
The Game

Post by The Game »

ctcmjh wrote: I have no problem with posting slower, but where did it say that?
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Woah, guys, hold on. When this was made, it was meant to be SLOWER.

EDIT: Here's the link to my character sheet...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Game wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Woah, guys, hold on. When this was made, it was meant to be SLOWER.

I mean where did the OP (Anthroguy101) say it was supposed to be slow?
The Game

Post by The Game »

....>.>...
I don't think he did, i just figured the Raccoon Dude was right...
Or he might have said it, and raccoon Dude just repeated it, but if he did i don't know where.
Neko

Post by Neko »

anthro originally made this neighborhood because he would be a slow poster... so it's assumed to be a slow neighborhood for people that can't post too often.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Character type: Main

Name- Marc Dellis, a.k.a. Projection

Species-Dog, Appenzeller Sennenhund (yes, that's a real breed)

Gender-Male

Age- 6 (Human years), 21 (pet years)

Neighborhood- Oasis Towers

Appearance- Marc's fur is the common coloring for an Appenzeller Sennenhund: mostly black, with white and amber colorings around the paws, snout, tail, and belly (look here for an example). He wears a green collar with a black vinyl tag, and black skull candy headphones around his neck. When under the persona of Projection, however, he wears aviator sunglasses, and black cargo pants, and the headphones go over his ears.

-Personality-
Marc is really shy and sensitive. He cries during romantic movies, is very easily embarrassed, and doesn't have a whole lot of friends. However, the ones he does have are really good friends who he'd trust with his life. Marc also has a drop-dead fear of female dogs.
However, when Marc takes up the persona of Projection, he becomes more sociable, and comfortable, but also is aloof, and harder to become friends with.

Other Notes- If you haven't figured out yet, Marc is a DJ, whose stage name is Projection. Marc loves dance music, and spends a lot of time mixing his own stuff on his computer. His owner, David Dellis, is really close to him, and has helped him improve on his hobby by helping him buy software and sound equipment. Marc loves putting on performances to display his stuff, and actually has a small fanbase. However, he never tells people his real name while at a gig, and only a few people know the "secret identity" of Projection, meaning Marc's closest friends, and of course David.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 6

Perception- 5

Endurance- 7

Charisma- 3 (when Marc, it's a 7 when he's Projection, but since he's usually Marc, 3 is the best entry here)

Intelligence- 5

Agility- 5

Luck- 5
Last edited by Teh Brawler on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

My character for Oasis Towers
-Name-
Tobias Grant

-Species-
Cat, Bombay

-Age-
6 years old (21 in cat years)

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-

Tobias is a shorthaired cat with a black fur and white paws and feet. His eyes both a deep orange. His collar is white, and has a Fleur-de-lis as the tag.

-Personality-
Tobias (or Toby) is often found causing mischief anywhere he can. It’s almost like he thrives on causing chaos. But he never takes it too far, and only causes mischief for fun and never to hurt someone. Tobias can be a little paranoid and hates it when he doesn't know things. He would go to great lengths to obtain something he wants.

-Other Notes-
Tobias’s owner is a eccentric old man named Alistair Thaddeus Grant. Alistair owns a curiosity shop in Oasis Towers, and tends to spend most of his time either running his shop, or at home in his study. Tobias is very good with computers, and knows them inside and out. His owner isn't filthy rich, but he's well within upper-class.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 4
Perception-6
Endurance-4
Charisma- 7
Intelligence-8
Agility- 7
Luck- 6

EDIT: I claim this color for Tobias. 1st column, 8th row. It's the same as Liz's color from Radiant Gardens.
Last edited by ctcmjh on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I'm gonna add a concert hall on the second floor as one of the meeting areas. Is that ok?

Also, claiming this color (color=#0000BF, fourth color on the top row) for Marc.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Think I'll join in. I'd actually prefer a slower RP.

Now to think up a character...
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sorry about that wall of text guys.

tl;dr- Tobias has a hidden room where he has camera feed to every security camera in the building. He jumped in the elevator with Marc right before the doors closed, and he said "Hi."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:
The Game wrote:

I mean where did the OP (Anthroguy101) say it was supposed to be slow?
It is true, because it is what we have been talking about ever since BsM started.

We NEED a slower neighborhood. BsM had too many people getting left behind, some of them (Dominic and Anthroguy) dropped out entirely. We would have made this sooner, but the PF-Moderators froze the neighborhoods to change the rules after BsM was made (partially because BsM's house-rules were so deviant). If things have changed, then I am wrong, but there is no evidence of that.

If you want to post fast, BsM is a fast-paced neighborhood, and the only point we reject anyone on is that they are too slow. If BsM is too fast, this is better, because it's not meant to go faster than the rates of people like Anthroguy.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Alright, here's my character

I'll make my first post soon
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

I like the setting, and developing a new character is always fun. I'm in. I will begin working on a character. I claim the color #400080.

Edit: Here he is!

Name: Captain Jack "Cap" Cooke (Actual legal name is Captain Jack)
Species: Dachshund

Appearance: Captain Jack, or Cap as he goes by, is typical in appearance to the typical smooth haired Dachshund with short limbs and a light brown fur. Strangely though he always wears what appears to be an old fashioned aviator's cap with goggles with a magnifying glass attachment which has several different zoom intensities and he can adjust with a dial on the side of the goggles. He has a tendency to change the zoom on people to get a close look.

Personality: Always having trouble with physical activity due to his short limbs, Cap became more exercised in his mind than his body. Even though he doesn't exercise he is skinny and wirey. Most of the time he observes things closely, taking note of weird small things like specific bugs or details on people. He tends to creep people out but he means well. He can normally be found wandering about the apartment complex doing just weird stuff. He doesn't know many social rules and is baffled by some of them. Strangely he talks in a quick voice many describe as somewhat annoying.

SPECIAL
Strength 3
Perception 10
Endurance 3
Charisma 2 (he comes off as weird)
Intelligence 10
Agility 4
Luck 10
Last edited by Kalvin on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay, yeah, I'm gonna have to get in on this one.

I'll create a character sometime within the next 3 days, okay? (Though if someone snatches my slot in the meantime...argh, I hope not.)
The Main OOC has been amended to include the rules proposed...and then some! Re-read the entire OOC again when you have time, and let me know if there are any inaccuracies for things such as the current neighborhood GM's or the descriptions! Thank you, and enjoy your newfound ability to stretch the limitations of your neighborhood!

If you have any comments, suggestions, or complaints about the changes (though I will not change the "RP Rules" section in the interest of ensuring nobody breaks any forum rules or angers any other players) then go ahead and post them here.

I'll be posting a similar notice in each of the other OOC's to ensure that everyone sees this. I will delete said notices later.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Anthroguy101

The Shops

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Shops and businesses can be outside of the apartment complex, too. There's an entire city that's supposed to have lots of neat stuff to do. What kind of stuff there is I am leaving up to you guys.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Kalvin, you talked about getting on the elevator, but Tobias and Marc were on the 7th floor when they got in, so you might want to add something about pressing the button and waiting for it to come down.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

>_> Whoops, slight oversight on my part. Correcting now.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Hmm, this seems very tempting, but I have the ability to screw up whatever I do... If I do post a charactersheet, do you think a tiger would work ?:3 (And uhm, have 36 points, if I'm not wrong, instead of the 42)
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Outbacksteakhousewut.

(Also, Tobee, I think your question would be better answered by a mod)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

I dont exactly know where everyone is.
oh and dont be offended by Matt, hes a little on the spoiled/uncaring side.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Zander wrote:I dont exactly know where everyone is.
As, of yet, everyone is in the elevator, except for Stephanie, who is about to get on the elevator.

And I repeat, outbacksteakhousewut.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Zander

Post by Zander »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Zander wrote:I dont exactly know where everyone is.
As, of yet, everyone is in the elevator, except for Stephanie, who is about to get on the elevator.

And I repeat, outbacksteakhousewut.
sue me

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Sounds cool! I'm in!
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

-Name-
William Goldridge (Called Li, pronounced Lee)

-Species-
Siberian Tiger

-Age-

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Williams fur is mainly white, but with 10 black stripes running across his body. Although being a tiger, he is very small, being only 4ft tall. His eyes are red, and quite big comparing to others eyes. His collar is green, with a bright, blue colored stone hanging down from it.

-Personality-
William is for most of the times very shy, but once you get to know him he'll do almost anything. He is also very paranoid and gets scared VERY easily. He is although a very good listener, and if theres someone in need of venting, hes there to listen. He also likes to play games, online if possible.

-Other Notes-
-William was rescued from poachers when he was just a little kitten, and ever since then he's been living with his adoptive mother Beth.
-Li likes to be silly from time to time:3
-Li likes to sing, but only when he's alone, listening to music. Beth tells him dat' hes good, but he doesn't believe her <.<(Had this in mind when making the sheet, but forgot to include it<.<)

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 6
Perception- 5
Endurance- 6
Charisma- 4
Intelligence- 5
Agility- 6
Luck- 4

*hopes*

Also, #00BF80 If it wouldn't hurt
Last edited by Tiggy on Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
The Game

Post by The Game »

i'm going to edit my post a little, seems like i didn't answer everything in it....

EDIT: edited
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

-Name-
Andre Rigatelli

-Species-
Border Collie

-Age-

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Jose looks like your average border collie, with black patches accompanying his light brown fur. He wears a green collar and has the Italian flag colours on a circular metal tag hanging down.

-Personality-
Noisy and can be boisterous at times, but one can count on Jose as a jolly good fellow. Jose is easily distracted by things even of the slightest excitement, such as the frequent beaming of a laser on the ground by his dad. He stands up for his friends and tries his best not to let them down.

-Other Notes-
-Andre speaks both English and Italian languages fluently.
-His owners, Miguel and Angela Rigatelli, own an Italian restaraunt in the middle of Oasis City called the Tango Tango. They moved here to start the big Italian food & beverage franchise in the U.S.
-Andre can cook! He had been specially trained by Miguel to whip up the finest Italian cuisines on earth. He has won a few international culinary awards and also has his custom set of utensils and custom made steel knives.
-Andre plays some piano in his free time.

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 5
Perception- 4
Endurance- 8
Charisma- 8
Intelligence- 6
Agility- 5
Luck- 6

And I call #408040 to be for Andre.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Guess who's got a character?

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 908#p49908

Expect me to describe his 20th floor penthouse shortly.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack