Pet Friendly-Old OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ArgentFlame

Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!

Post by ArgentFlame »

People wrote:Drama
Ok, here's an idea, why don't we just skip the rest of the day, and go straight to the lighter stuff, so everyone's safe, and happy, and not caught by animal control or severely injured.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

ArgentFlame wrote:
Ok, here's an idea, why don't we just skip the rest of the day, and go straight to the lighter stuff, so everyone's safe, and happy, and not caught by animal control or severely injured.
I love your idea.
Make Pasta not war.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dylan wrote:
ArgentFlame wrote:
I love your idea.
I love the idea of your idea.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

:o

So it all comes out now!

Now we know something about Vanilla we didn't know before!
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
bixlow

Post by bixlow »

ChewyChewy wrote::o

So it all comes out now!

Now we know something about Vanilla we didn't know before!
Awwwww... I wanna hug her now
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

Hey, people from RV, why are we posting so slowly? We're only getting like, 3 or 4 a day, if even that. I think we could stand to speed up a little.
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

I don't know what are the differences between neighborhoods or wich ones have available spots, but as soon as I know this I'd like to join. Meanwhile here are my character sheets.

--------------------------------

Name: Rody Ulfr

Species: Campbell's Dwarf Hamster

-Appearance-
His eyes and fur is dark brown, except for his belly which is buff colored. Almost furless areas like the ears, paws and tail are light pink and his nose is of a coral pink tone. He wears a labcoat, a green hued tie and glasses.

-Personality-
Rod is a very analytical but good hearted hamster. He is resourceful and with a great insight for science and engineering, but maybe he isn't very keen on matters more down to earth and is often forgetful and absent-minded. Sometimes he becomes so engrossed in his own thoughts and work that he loses track of his very sorroundings. He often forgets the date, people's names, meetings, eating, etc. Good thing he is good at what he does and has a perfect memory for scientific details. His small size makes him very nimble. Despite of the lack of physical activity he is very hardy, thing that is useful for him to survive his inability to see the danger in what he is sometimes doing, landing in trouble more often than not.

-Other Notes-
He was born to be a lab animal. He learnt a lot of stuff there and after some time he became one of the best in Dr. Ulfr's rodent staff. Her daughter saw him one day in the lab's computer, he was running a new network program. She wanted him as a pet and asked Mr. and Mrs. Ulfr to adopt him and as long as he kept working, now from home, it would be ok. Rod was okay with it but another member of the family wasn't very keen of the idea. That's how he come to meet Moon, Ulfr family cat. Rod has a little crush on her. He is very skilled with computers and has an undying passion for videogames.

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L.-

Strenght- 1
Perception- 4
Endurance- 4
Charisma- 7
Intelligence- 9
Agility- 5
Luck- 7

--------------------------------

Name: Moon Ulfr

Species: Short haired tailed Manx cat

-Appearance-
Her short fur is almost completelly white, except for her tummy and tail which is bluish-gray. Her round eyes are purple and her small nose is Lavender Pink. As a Manx cat her hind legs are bigger than her forelegs, her body is robust and her face is round. She wears a pink collar with a baby-blue crescent moon.

-Personality-
She is an independent, strong-willed kitten, determined to do everything well. She has tomboyish tendencies but her girly looks hide that well. Speaking of looks, she has many unwanted suitors and she treats them with the cold shoulder treatment. But don't get her wrong, she is very sweet, just not very fond of males' attentions. Keep hitting the button and she will go berserk. Because "all males are the same" she prefers to befriend girls or be alone.

-Other Notes-
When Moon was young she was badly injured by a gang of tomcats, and was rescued and then adopted by Ulfr's oldest son. Since then she became suspicious of males and very protective of the family. She collects manga and anime and often does cosplay with her friends. She loves to play videogames and is very competitive on them, beat her and you will die. She once tried to eat Rody, but didn't because he tasted weird; hasn't tried since. She has one boyfriend but he moved far away, can't say if she will see him again, which makes her heart ache. She knows about Rod's feelings toward her but doesn't ignore him like the others because she can't sense a threat from a cute little rodent.

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L.-

Strenght- 4
Perception- 8
Endurance- 3
Charisma- 9
Intelligence- 8
Agility- 6
Luck- 4

Pet Friendly Chars
Rody S1 P4 E4 C7 I9 A5 L7
Moon S4 P8 E3 C9 I8 A6 L4
[/size]
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Profesor Rod wrote:Age: 26 (1 human yr.)
...what? Your maths has gone very wrong here.
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

bollythewolf wrote:
He is a rodent! What's the most a rodent can expect to live in this universe?

Pet Friendly Chars
[/size]
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Profesor Rod wrote:
bollythewolf wrote:
so 26 rodent years = 1 human year?
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

bollythewolf wrote:
Profesor Rod wrote:
bollythewolf wrote: ...what? Your maths has gone very wrong here.
so 26 rodent years = 1 human year?
I went more like 17 rodent years are equal to 1 human year, taking that pets in this universe live twice as long as they do in ours. Then you can expect 4 human years to be old for a Hamster and 6 to be the life span.

Pet Friendly Chars
[/size]
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Profesor Rod wrote:I went more like 17 rodent years are equal to 1 human year, taking that pets in this universe live twice as long as they do in ours. Then you can expect 4 human years to be old for a Hamster and 6 to be the life span.
...fine, I am beaten.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Okay, either Dylan or Jimmy, one of you has to post soon. Dylan, I suggest you should wake up Amelia. We can't do that for you.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Well ho-dee-doh, overall points is wrooong on the little mouse. you have 37 points while you are supposed to have 36, please remove one. Age is fine, just making sure everyone knows. Everything else checks out, so you're good. You'll be in Radiant Gardens (RG), there is a bit of magic there, so you're warned ahead of time. also this can get a bit dramatic at times but we're toning it down now. Welcome to the RP Doctor, enjoy your stay.

what what? Jolly good time.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Welcome Prof. Rod! We're all glad to welcome Moon and Rody into Radiant Gardens!
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Well ho-dee-doh, overall points is wrooong on the little mouse. you have 37 points while you are supposed to have 36, please remove one.
I was following the rules for small animals and I don't think I have a natural advantage (domesticated animal breed in captivity). Before cutting my Strenght and Endurance my spread was S2 P4 E8 C7 I9 A5 L7
Jimmy Jazz wrote:You'll be in Radiant Gardens (RG), there is a bit of magic there, so you're warned ahead of time. also this can get a bit dramatic at times but we're toning it down now. Welcome to the RP Doctor, enjoy your stay.
I started reading Richardson Valley (RV) before and seems nice, is there any available slot?

Pet Friendly Chars
[/size]
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

oh god, I am... so...

Anyway, yeah I forgot that you should have 42 points, and I forgot the end and str cut. my bad. sorry.
I'm sorry but no, there are no open slots in RV, RV is actually a little above its slot count limit. am I correct in saying this Echo?
RG is the only neighborhood that has any open slots.

You could wait and join the new Neighborhood that is coming instead.

Oh and Alex I've been waiting for Dylan to post and wake up Amelia.

EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

ah yes. the slots counds are in my siggy and I've already included you into it :3

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Im waiting to put my new character in the new neighborhood :)

still haven't created him yet though. I can have one character in RG and another in a different one right? or is that not legal?
Profesor Rod

Post by Profesor Rod »

EchoFireant wrote:ah yes. the slots counds are in my siggy and I've already included you into it :3
I'm confuzled @.@ Did you count me into RG or into RV?
Jimmy Jazz wrote:oh god, I am... so...

Anyway, yeah I forgot that you should have 42 points, and I forgot the end and str cut. my bad. sorry.
I'm sorry but no, there are no open slots in RV, RV is actually a little above its slot count limit. am I correct in saying this Echo?
RG is the only neighborhood that has any open slots.

You could wait and join the new Neighborhood that is coming instead.
S'okay :3
And sounds good to wait for a new Neighborhood. There is so much to catch up @__@

Pet Friendly Chars
[/size]
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

We really should get around to making that third neighborhood soon, it's already named, so we're ready to go on it as far as I know.
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Will the new neighborhood have a background already set up or can we create our own?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

This is a question some of us have asked in the past, and others are probably thinking the same thing:

If we already have a pet in another neighborhood, can we have on in the new one?
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

ctcmjh wrote:This is a question some of us have asked in the past, and others are probably thinking the same thing:

If we already have a pet in another neighborhood, can we have on in the new one?
That's a good point. As it is the three roleplays are supposed to be the same thing, so having pets in multiple roleplays would really subvert the maximum of two pets rule (well, if they had more than two pets, of course). At the same time, depending on what happens in the future (I have no idea what's going on)... I think if the roleplays are split it would stand to reason that a user could be a part of multiple roleplays. But still, it's really up to everyone involved, not so much me.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:This is a question some of us have asked in the past, and others are probably thinking the same thing:

That's a good point. As it is the three roleplays are supposed to be the same thing, so having pets in multiple roleplays would really subvert the maximum of two pets rule (well, if they had more than two pets, of course). At the same time, depending on what happens in the future (I have no idea what's going on)... I think if the roleplays are split it would stand to reason that a user could be a part of multiple roleplays. But still, it's really up to everyone involved, not so much me.
Well, the point of the two character rule was to keep things from getting too confusing for players. I.E. a possible total of 30 characters (maybe more) of people to keep track of is...well, quite a bit. But that was for specific people in that said RP.

Seeing as we can theoretically have infinite neighborhoods...I don't see why not, I guess, as long as the player doubling up has enough time to keep track of both. I myself wouldn't recommend it, since that's a lot of time typing and reading... Argent should make the final decision on it though. And yes, let's get that third neighborhood started. Everyone who joins, try your best to keep it upbeat!

Uh, the other thing....oh right! Yeah, there isn't any pre-made setting, and it's mostly just made up as the players go. Some players did, however, express a want for a farmland type place? But setting is freeform, basically. If you have a locale in the area that you want to add, you can add it without much problem, especially if it drives a plot point or something for the pets to do!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I'm a total newb at this, so you will have to push me in the right directions.
-----------------------------
Name: Frits (n/a yet)

Species: Dog (golden retriever)

Gang: N/A?

-Appearance-

-Personality-
Frits is a playfull dog, running after a flying object is what he likes to do.
Even do he is good with humans, around other dogs he intend to get very shy, and sit out a game with friends.
It's not that he is bad at games, he just has a bad history when playing with other dogs.
Overall, he is very mature, and will not turn childish to win a argument. (he would rather admit defeat knowing he was right then start a long discussion)
Rather then asking a lot of questions, Frits is the type that would just look at you strange, and not say a word.
Overall a very smart dog, but shy's away from showing it.

Other Notes:
-he carry's his frisbee, just in case, and can be attached to the back of his collar.
-First look, then run type of guy.
-Will never rely on luck to solve his problems.
- Type that would brake his own rule to save a damsel in distress.

SPECIAL
STR-3
PER-9
END-8
CHA-3
INT-8
AGI-7
LUC-4
Last edited by Kyderra on Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Luck cannot be 1 - minimum stat value is 2.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Welcome Kyderra, I'm going to get straight into it.
at first glance I can see a luck of 1, that is against the rules. you have to have a minimum of 2 points in each and a maximum of 10.
and even so if you do have luck 2, it doesn't matter if he doesn't rely on luck solving his problems, he'll be messing up in pretty much EVERY POST due to his bad luck. walking around in the park? trip on a tree stump.
running through the woods? hit in the face by and branch and rolls down the hill and into the creek.
hiding in the bushes? get so tangled in the bushes it is now impossible to move. and stuff like that, all the time, no matter what. even luck of 3 would change this substantially, bad things would still happen pretty often, but not EVERY SINGLE POST. I would suggest relocating a single point from both PER and INT, maybe two out of either and one out of the other so you have 4 luck.

Age is also wrong, I'm not sure if you meant "21 years (3 human)" instead of "3 years (21 human)" if you want your pet to be 21 in pet, just make him 6 years or so old. the official age conversion is 3.5 to a year for both cats and dogs.

you have two choices, join the new Nighbourhood, which just has Thypon waiting to get into it as far as I know, or you could join Radiant Gardens (RG). there is a bit of magic in Radiant Gardens, so you've been warned ahead of time.

Welcome to the RP Kyderra. heh, sorry about all of that, just pointing out all of the stuff. its my job. hope you enjoy your stay.

Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Luck 2 pretty much means that, by no fault of your own, all of your endeavors end up failing without the intervention of the more fortunate. On the flipside Luck 10 means that you could find the one keypad lock that has the code 1-2-3-4. My character has Luck 10 which makes it almost like divine intervention all of the time. I am a walking Deus Ex Machina. I have yet to take my Luck to the full extent but I'm sure it's coming. The first time somebody takes Lucky on an escapade the character will love the results.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

altered it, I think ill wait with Typhon for the new Nighbourhood,
That way I can keep up :P and read some more stuff.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

As far as I know, you don't need to wait, now that there's two of you, there are enough people that you could start to roleplay. I don't think you have to wait for one of the GMs to post it, just one of you start a new topic and write your character introduction.

As for being in multiple neighborhoods, I suppose it's fine as long as you can keep track of everything, if it gets too confusing I am going to limit the number though.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Ah, sorry my bad Profesor Rod. So now, after checking through the post, there are 3 of you that are waiting for the new neighborhood. You can start it off now without waiting for Argent to start it off.

And now to update my siggy for the neighborhoods :3

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

It'll be cool if it were an Indiana Jones style RP.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: Uh, the other thing....oh right! Yeah, there isn't any pre-made setting, and it's mostly just made up as the players go. Some players did, however, express a want for a farmland type place? But setting is freeform, basically. If you have a locale in the area that you want to add, you can add it without much problem, especially if it drives a plot point or something for the pets to do!

Being QUAD form hoofed Farm pets was the idea that was out there...

But i think that has been changed to RA being the completely Drama-Free RP area.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-Old OOC

Post by Buckdida »

OKAY EVERYONE! The new OOC is up and good to go! The main one is used for character sheets and general questions about PF and such.

Then, each neighborhood will have it's own OOC for reactions and chatting, brainstorming, deciding time skips, etc.

The main one is right here.

RV's OOC is right here.

RG's OOC isn't made yet! Com'on, don't wait around for one of us to make it! Someone from RG should make the new OOC. Com'on, chop chop!

Oh, and Argent's the GM now. I'll be here for general support.

As for now? This thread's done!

-Buck
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack