Pet Friendly-Old OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!

Post by Buckdida »

And would you believe that only a day and a half has passed in the RP? Just take your time to read all of it. It's hard to do a synopsis, and it would also be awkward to describe chars that aren't active.

What I recommend is to read the RP in one browser tab, and have the OOC in another, and read up! It will be entertaining.

But, at the current moment, we're all trapped in Rav's house due to a powerful storm, more or less just talking and fooling around. I'd bet it just may be time for SP Rule #1... Or, it's possible we won't be in there much longer. Jump in when you can.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

You can blame whoever said "Wow, this RP is getting big," for these stats, since that's what prompted me to find them. Original research. Particularly important stats regarding the RP's activities are bolded.

Current Pet Friendly stats:

# of people who posted in PF-IC: 11
# of people who posted in PF-OOC: 14
# of RPer’s with a character: 12
# of pets: PF-IC: 17
# of significant humans (have played an actual part of the RP, and genuinely affected pet actions): 5
-Jump’s family: The twins, Homer and Sophia
-Sara Ligerr, Rav’s owner
# of currently active RPer’s (posted within last week): 6
# of posts in PF-IC (at time of stat compile): 199
# of posts in PF-OOC (at time of stat compile): 121
Avg. ppp (posts per person): PF-IC: ~18.1
Avg. ppp: PF-OOC: ~8.6

As compared to some Housepets! Stats:

# of pets (current, as counted from cast page): HP!: 20 (Mr. Bigglesworth counted as one)
# of sig humans: HP!: 6
-Mr./Mrs. Sandwich and other owners mentioned on the cast page
-Bill, Fox’s owner
-Joel, the green shirt PETA guy

To some, it may seem like it's getting big. But I'd call big at least 12 active players...and there may actually be a point where we have too many pets! We'll just have to see...
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Oh Noez, dont blam meh! :cry:

(And by big, i meant The biggest Rp i ever been in)

what what? Jolly good time.
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

I would be more active, but my Pets didn't go to Rav's house.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that you don't have to be in the process of moving in to introduce your characters. Partially because seven or eight people don't usually move in at the same time, and partially because there very well could be pets in the neighborhood that haven't shown up yet (It was after all storming, and then really early in the morning, and then stroming again.).
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
caelei

Post by caelei »

I had intened for my raccon to be domesticated, of course, and awake during the day, so that she could actually interact with the other pets. Have any of the pets slept yet? I was just wondering. Anyways, I'm going to hop in now. Or try to, at least.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

LoL's`!!!!!

Venison is so going to be urging Sara to take Rav to the vet to be fixed, after that last post..!

Esp. when he finds out that he has to sleep locked in the crate with him..

Actually Rav was distracting the big dog , so Venison could go after the coon in safety..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Nah, Venison wouldn't wish that on anyone. His main goal was to get Pavelle away and to keep her from stealing...not that that worked too well, but yeah, Venison is not going to be very happy to hear that news! :lol:
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

So does anybody else have something they want to get done before the next day or can we go ahead and move on?
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

i think we can move on. i shall start the next day now! :D

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Uh, actually, Pavelle still has some unfinished business with her key, remember? We'll need to rewind a tiny bit...actually, who says you have to wait up for us?

Idea #1

I don't see why the storyline can't split; we can catch up, it's not hard. But if we do do this, then we need a way to differentiate the stories...I know! The subject header! Just call your guys' current story "PF day 3" and Keesh, Caelei and I will continue with our upcoming mishap, and we'll catch up when we're done.

Idea #2

Keesh, Caelei and I will simply continue our part of the story in PM's, and we'll catch up when we're done. It'd actually make sense, since the rest of you guys wouldn't see (in character, anyway) what's going to happen.

I'm good either way; the rest of you guys vote!
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

I think Idea #2 seems like it would be the easiest and most consistent, since I already have trouble telling the time and day in character. That and the fact that it's still winter in character is throwing me off a little. While Idea #1 is pretty good it just seems like alot of trouble.

My vote for Idea #2.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

i know Luke i was a idiot.

sorry about that.... :(

i guess idea #2....

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

So much for according to plan. Oh well. Well figure out one way or another.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Moved from the in-character rp board, so we can chatter..
(OOC: Yelling was contained in the house. Venison doesn't know that Paragus is in the house.
@ Steel: Richardson Valley is somewhat of a town. Sara is a lawyer, so of course her property is going to be a slight bit bigger...hence the barn.
@ Kesh: or maybe, it should be a very large storage shed, might be more conductive to the setting. But your call)

@ Did we ever come up with a town? location?, surrounding area ect..?? or just a name for one?]
If not, how about using Powell Ohio as the basis for the town?
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=fire ... =en&tab=wl

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Powel ... ude=-83.07

better map, esp. the aerial view.. :)

Would you believe everything to the south of Powell road, was built-up in the last 10 years. O.o! it was all farm land like north of Powell still is..
Going north on Liberty road is Old Powell, homes an building here were built between 1880's - 1950's by the looks of them. the the farther north you go, you get into the family farms, or just homes on huge lots.
Powell has lots of deep ravines, an wild wooded areas, where wild pets could live in.
An there are active railroad tracks, so there can be Pets from the wrong side of the tracks.. :P

Then there is the huge Columbus Zoo to the west.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Colum ... de=ADDRESS

@ Sara Ligerr is an Executive secretary/ParaLegal for an law partnership. She assigns the lawyers, paralegals, an researchers to the cases. keeps track of the billable hours, prepares correspondence and legal papers such as summonses, complaints, motions, responses, and subpoenas. Basically does all the dirty work, so the partners can cherry pick the cases they want to do, when not out golfing. :P When a group of partners split off to form there own law firm in this neck of the woods, they invited her to come along. It was also this group of lawyers that got mad that Sara was upset an worried, that saved an got Rav away from the state official who wanted to put him down. altho he red tagged him for spite.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Argghhhh... sorry i haven't been posting lately, i have writers block again...

cant think of any thing to sayyy... *rips out clumps hair*

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

KEESHAH. We have gone over setting before. Take a look on the second page of the OOC. Or, here's a link

Nutshell: We are in a town in the Northern U.S. We started at the tail-end of winter, where there was a few patches of melting snow, remember?

Perf, we didn't really agree on a name, but nobody else piped up and offered another name, (or rejected mine) so I'm calling the name of the town "Richardson Valley."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:KEESHAH. We have gone over setting before. Take a look on the second page of the OOC. Or, here's a link

Nutshell: We are in a town in the Northern U.S. We started at the tail-end of winter, where there was a few patches of melting snow, remember?

Perf, we didn't really agree on a name, but nobody else piped up and offered another name, (or rejected mine) so I'm calling the name of the town "Richardson Valley."

I see the chatter with nothing ever being desided upon...

I came across a town where, City pets, farm pets, wild pets, and zoo pets can all be in very close proximity to each other.. but whatever..
i will make it work..
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

.......well....Wha?

I have to say this is highly unexpected. I haven't been on this forum in ages... mostly due to committing myself to -far- too many communities, dealing with angry backlash from a few of them due to my absences, and discovering that my job didn't give me the free time required.

So I get an EMAIL saying I got a PM here.. come to check it out.. give my old RP threads an old glance for the sake..and well yikes! You guys have been active haven't you? I'll say I had planned Pet-friendly to be low maintenance from the start.

Still enough of my blatant irresponsibility! I'm going to try to start posting here more often.. right now though.. um.. I have to head off to the job mentioned above... lets see if I can't catch up with everything when I get back hm?
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

HOLY CRAP MAN! YOU'RE BACK! *GLOMPS*

Eh... Um... yay?... >.<

Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Yup~ I'll have to see about posting IC later today when I have the time to read the last few pages of the In character threads, if someone can give me a 'quicky' version of what's going on, and who's involved it'd be quite handy.

I have given the OOC threads a quick glance over, noticed my named mentioned a few times in a ways of 'would Brittles allow this?' and some such.. my answer to that is well... You guys can do whatever in the world you want! I'm not going to run in, and start finger waving. At this point many of you have put more effort, time, and thought into this game then this lazy, worthless excuse for a GM has hahaha. So really, it's more your game then mine, just think of me as another player.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Holy god it's brittles U:
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Now we just need Jumplion and Zeppelin back.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

HOLY... Wow. I never thought I'd see another legacy member return. I don't think I ever really got a chance to meet you...

Anyway, welcome back!
Kalvin wrote:Now we just need Jumplion and Zeppelin back.
The thing that annoys me about this is that both of these two are alive and well, they just don't seem to visit the forums anymore. :cry: I see No Space in the comments occasionally, and I know Jump's alive and well because of his comic...although he decided to give up on it recently, unfortunately, last I checked. I hope whatever other projects he has are successful...

Hopefully, both those two will make a triumphant return like Brittles!

EDIT: Oh hey, you need a synopsis? I had actually been working on that a bit, since PF is starting to get very, very long. I'll get it done and post it up; maybe you can add it to the first OOC post?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Main: These characters carried most of the arc’s story
Secondary: These characters added to the arc’s story
Minor: These characters appeared, but added little to the story
Intro: These characters were introduced during this arc.

Story Arc list
RP Starters: Espresso, Dee, Jumplion Zeppelin

I: The Ridely Twins
Main: Espresso, Dee, Jumplion, Zeppelin
Secondary: Calico cat ,Octavian
Minor: Venison, Cier, Del
Intro: Octavian, Ceir, Del, Venison, Calico cat

Synopsis: The first story arc centers around Jumplion’s plight of dealing with two rather annoying human children who love smothering pets. In addition, Zeppelin, Jump’s friend ends up getting roped into keeping Jump company, and they both have to deal with the terrors.

Meanwhile, Espresso, a news enthusiast, wants a new story for his blog, and sets out to “find” a story out of the commotion at Jump’s house. He has his “sibling”, Dee, come with him.

Things suddenly take a sharp turn for the worse when Jumplion’s parents begin to argue, causing Jump to stress out and accidentally bite one of the twins. As a result, he’s thrown into the doghouse, where he meets the other pets, including Octavian and a mysterious Calico cat. All the while, Venison watches from above, in a tree.

II: Food Runner
Main: Venison, Ceir, Del, Octavian,
Secondary: Milo, Eira, Balbaroy, Rav
Minor: None
Intro: Milo, Eira, Balbaroy, Rav

Synopsis: It’s early in the morning, and Venison is starving. It’s time for him to break into something for food. But the food robbery goes far from smooth, and Venison is caught red handed by Ceir and Del. He gets away, but not before making a mess in the house and getting pounced by the twins.

During the entire fiasco, the other pets have to deal once again with the twins.

Also, Rav arrives in the neighborhood.

III: Lunch at Rav’s
Main: Venison, Rav,
Secondary: Everyone else who appeared except the minor chars
Minor: Zack, Ceir, Del
Inro: Pavelle, Mangus, Zack, Parugus

Synopsis: Once the police arrive, Rav is pulled inside and it begins to rain, so most of the other pets follow him in, including a very wary Venison, who’s trying to avoid the police. Once inside, the pets get to talking and learn a bit more about each other. Especially Venison…or so they think, since it was mostly a lie. But the pets bought it, even Rav to the extent that he offered to help Venison. Meanwhile Sara, Rav’s owner, cooks lunch with the help of Octavian.

After lunch, while Sara and Venison talk about what Venison is going to do, the other pets fool around like puppies, that is, until even more guests arrive! Paragus swoops inside, Pavelle and Mangus arrive, up to no good, and Zack rushes in to take shelter from the rain. Ceir and Del followed Pavelle, but arrived late.

When Pavelle attempts to steal a gold pocket watch, Venison manages to intimidate her (sorta), and she drops the watch and flees. The pets leave shortly after due to the rain clearing up, leaving behind a broken vase and a very exhausted Sara, Rav, and Venison…and a key.

III.5: Late Night Hijinks
Main: Venison, Rav, Pavelle
Secondary: Paragus
Minor: None
Intro: None

(Short arc) After the day’s events, Rav, Venison (and Rav’s owner, Sara) decide to pack it in for the night. Pavelle tries to come back for her key, but panics and flees again when she spots Venison, who coincidentally wakes up from a rather horrid dream. After daring Pavelle to come back, Venison again freaks out with another bad memory, accidentally knocking Rav away. The two then have a quick heart to heart before going to bed.

Meanwhile, Paragus returns, saying that he still can’t find his way home, and spends the night with Sara, Rav, and Venison.

We are currently in the middle of arc 4, which at the time, has no theme. Anyway, the whole "Main, secondary" etc. is more my opinion.

And we are on Day 3 in the RP (moves pretty slowly, if we let it) and it's I think it's now the start spring. So it's still cold, but no more snow and ice!
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Ah, a recap. Much thanks for that. I will say it wouldn't hurt us to zoom ahead a few weeks from time to time. But taking it day by day certainly has been working for you guys so far huh?

I've added a quick reference for all the characters to the first post. Was glancing over what everyone made while I was away.. just me or do a darn lot of people have grey hair? Not to mention a very large dog population hahaha.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Man, if there's one thing i can say about you buck it's that you got time
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

This thing seems to have taken on a life of it's own.

It is my own personal goal to be a major character in this next story arc, but let's just see how things turn out.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ebly wrote:Man, if there's one thing i can say about you buck it's that you got time
To be honest, it's not so much time as it is procrastination.

It's more I'd rather be doing this, than say, summer essay work

But to be fair, I AM working a 6 day a week, 7-5 job in addition to this.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Kalvin wrote:This thing seems to have taken on a life of it's own.

It is my own personal goal to be a major character in this next story arc, but let's just see how things turn out.

How good, or bad :) are you at construction, an rehabitation projects?

When the pets try to make the old barn in Rav's back yard into a club house..
Silva

Post by Silva »

Name:Silva Milne
Species:Cat
Gang:None

Appearance:
Teal green collar with cross. Wears a XD smiley sweater during the winter. Fur is Hunter Green. Belly fur is Tea Green. Has long pointy ears. Tail is rather bushy, almost like a fox.

Personality:
Slightly shy, but once he gets to know someone he opens up more. Very paranoid. A loner of sorts.

Other Notes:
Silva means forest in Latin. Reads insanely fast unless he's reading a boring book. Everything seems to happen to him, unless it's good. When reading a good book can sometimes get "lost" in it. Some of his friends call him "Forest" to make him mad.

Strength:5
Perception:7
Endurance:5
Charisma:6
Intelligence:7
Agility:6
Luck:2
Brittles

Post by Brittles »

Hm a new character? Well that's always a plus... Right now most of the characters are hanging out around the wall, a coffee shop.. though I think a few are nearing Ravs house's general location as well. Likely a spot you can jump in somewhere...

On another note, might I said Dee is a darn hard character to write properly? Ah well. Lets give it a shot anyway.

Edit:Okay, that didn't come out quite with the mood, and style I wanted, but hey I'm not a miracle worker here.. and the show must go on.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Dang it... i know what i want to write, but i cant figure out how!...
frustrating....

*pulls out hair again*

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Okay. With all the setting elements coming into play here...

I'm going to make a map. So that we don't trip over ourselves.

-You will see the second draft. Maybe the third. It will still not be drawn well.
-This map will not be to scale.
-It can, and will be, fully expandable. I will make it so that there is room to put more stuff. If we want to add stuff though, keep zoning in mind.
-It will be in a valley. This causes me to include other geographic anomalies that go with that setting. There will also be a wooded area.
-Rav will have his barn, and some "undeveloped land" (fields). The river will run through it. It only makes sense.
-You fully reserve the right to reject this map.
Just saying

(Now to talk normally) Basically, I'm making a map for, uh, Do we call it Richardson Valley at this point? Okay, that, so we have an idea of where we can go and what we can do. There's a lot of room for improvement, in fact, if this map does fly, I almost expect improvement. I'll have it up in a couple of days, hopefully.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Sounds fine..
besure to include the obediance school, an vet clinic somewhere there.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Sounds good to me too. sooner the better if you ask me, and thanks a lot Buck.

ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

Name: Jester Creeks

Species: Dog

Gang: None

Appearance: A dog with dark brown fur everywhere except for his paws and tip of tail, which are black. His eyes are two different colors, one a light blue, and the other a dark brown that matches his fur. He has a thick, dark green collar with small pockets attached where he keeps spare cash, a pair of small headphones (accompanied by a small music player), and a small wristwatch (which he never wears). Hanging off his collar is a small metal piece of toast.

Personality: Jester is a nice dog. He often makes friends easily, and is always looking on the bright side of things, as long as he's had enough sleep. As much as he enjoys the dark interior of his Mom's movie theater, he finds himself more awake and aware outside. He usually won't get involved in people's conversations unless asked for his opinion, and when not speaking, is usually listening to music with one earpiece, or day dreaming. He avoids physical contact with people and other animals, for reasons unknown to him, but will high five people when prompted, as well as shake hands. He normally isn't adventurous but when prodded in the direction, he will get involved and will give 100%.

Other Notes:
-Jester's owner (Debra Creeks) runs a small movie theater known as The Star-Palace (+1 Awesome point if you know where I got that from), where Jester likes to spend the night and play/watch movies.
-His best friend is Matthew Creeks (nephew of Debra Creeks), who spends a lot of his time hanging out in The Star-Palace

Strength: 3
Perception: 7
Endurance: 3
Charisma: 9 (As anti-social as he is, he's great to talk to)
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 5
Luck: 8 (When he's not sleeping in the theater good stuff happens to him)

On a side note: I most likely won't be able to join in for a few days (going out of state for a few days, wouldn't want to join in, make entrance to story, then leave character standing in the middle of a road for 3 days), but when I get back I will join in and hopefully make a good addition to the story.
Last edited by ToastyJester on Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Yay, another new player!

Alright, I'm going to play inconsistency police.

-We ARE in northern North America.(Keesh I'm looking at you) We haven't gotten more specific than that, but we had snow, THERE IS NO SNOW in San Diego! I'm there right now and IT'S A HUNDRED FREAKN' DEGREES. Thank god for AC. It was my fault for mentioning Mexico, though, sorry about that. (Honestly, I my mind we're in Northern California, but we are still yet to agree on exact location)

-Birds are non-morphic. They couldn't wear pants if they tried. Their size, however, remains to be confirmed. A birdy shirt is vastly entertaining to imagine though.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote:Yay, another new player!

Alright, I'm going to play inconsistency police.

-We ARE in northern North America.(Keesh I'm looking at you) We haven't gotten more specific than that, but we had snow, THERE IS NO SNOW in San Diego! I'm there right now and IT'S A HUNDRED FREAKN' DEGREES. Thank god for AC. It was my fault for mentioning Mexico, though, sorry about that. (Honestly, I my mind we're in Northern California, but we are still yet to agree on exact location)

Ok, got distracted by the mexico, an your challenging my knowledge of CA. :P
But I will adapt.. We are now in El Dorado county!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_ ... California
(an look half way down the page, it's Rav's barn!!!! :) )
has Ski resorts, so has snow..
-Birds are non-morphic. They couldn't wear pants if they tried. Their size, however, remains to be confirmed. A birdy shirt is vastly entertaining to imagine though.

If we go by the size of the horses in the comic, the non-pawed mammals/birds/reptiles/big fish have stayed there normal size..
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Well played. This now means WAR.

The next volley of attacks will be delivered with the map.

You have been warned. :lol:

Seriously though, I think it would be better if we stopped trying to place Richardson Valley in a real area. It's an RP. We don't need to have it in a real area, we just need to have a place to fool around in. If we restrict ourselves by a real-life location...well, exactly that, we restrict ourselves by a real life location, meaning less room to play around in. So Richardson Valley will be wherever it is, and let's leave it at that!
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

God I'm stupid. I'm off a week (time seems to crawl by for me, where I think something that happened that day, happened 3 days ago) so I won't be leaving till next Thursday. Expect Jester to wiggle his way into the story soon, gotta spend an unestablished amount of time planning out his entrance. Man I feel like an idiot (I went up to my dad and was like "What time are we leaving tomorrow?" and he was like "For what? Florida? Hahahaha that's next week! Oh man that's funny!")

Ah well now I can get involved with story and have plenty of time to interact with it.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5