Pet Friendly-Old OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Anthroguy101

Re: Pet Friendly-OOC-Always Recruiting!

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Oh. I thought that would increase the dramatic value. This story is something that I've been thinking to myself over the years, and I haven't written it yet, and thought it would be nice to share with you people.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

BlueArmy wrote:First thing's first: I just got a PM from Teh Brawler, I think this made him upset. Yet some of you like the storyline. Do I really have to change this? Some of Henry's views are right of center (specifically gun rights and welfare reform), so he's more centrist than you think.

Also, Buckdida, I see that I'm finding myself on very thin ice. Now I'm wondering if this is worth it. I'm sure I can come up with Henry stories that are outside of politics (I was going to add more about personality), but the reason his views are left are because his owners were very far right, which is why he wanted to be independent and thus support pet's rights. I don't mean to indoctrinate you people, I just want to tell his story, if that's okay with you. Buck, I might need more help on what I can and can't say.

Also, yes the debates mostly take place in the media. He's also more kind to pets than people. That's why he's a lone wolfing it, he can't stand being controlled.

There's one more character coming up: Ginger, his girlfriend. She's has even more right-wing views. So, yay, more reading!
I don't hate the story at all, I like it. It's a good setup, and allows for a lot of character development. And if you know me, I love character development. (I'm a writer, what can I say?) I just thought that getting too political-heavy would cause problems, and I didn't want to be made a target of any posts. But the back-story for Henry is just fine, if a little long.

EDIT: When I say "I don't want to be made a target of any posts", I mean that I don't want to be included in any political arguing.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly-A non-canon Town Hall Meeting

Post by Buckdida »

This was a conversation from the IRC...we humorously decided to do this in character. While in character...it does disscuss a serious issue with the RP. Read it all, and EVERYONE needs to read it. The () means OOC. If you want, you can skip to the bottom, to get right down to the nitty gritty.
<Venison> Yes. Town meeting!
* Rachel Rings the town hall bell
<Venison> (why not do this In-char? XD should be fun.)
<Pyxis> (sure)
* Balbaroy lays on his back on the floor just staring upwards into nothing.
<Rachel> (oh lawd this will be... interesting)
<Pyxis> (we should post this in OOC)
<Venison> (Yeah...sure, why not?)
<Pyxis> (XD)
<Pyxis> (doing it in character)
03[13:47] * Joins: Rav
<Venison> Okay. So! We will begin this Pet Town meeting when...ah. Rav has arrived.
<Pyxis> Venison...what are we here for? *confused about what is going on*
<Venison> Well...Our town...is becoming overpopulated.
<Pyxis> *Gasps*
<Balbaroy> ..... overwhat?
<Venison> Overpopulated. This means that too many pets have moved in. It makes things very confusing when there's so many families to keep track of at once.
* Balbaroy sits up, wagging his tail, staring intently at Venison.
<Pyxis> What do we do?
<Rachel> So what do you suggest we do about it?
<Rav> I don't think we have an overpopulation problem…
<Venison> Well...There's another "pet-friendly" community sprouting up about 15 miles due west.
<Alex> What? We can't leave! Our parents are here.
<Venison> Perhaps we can convince some of newer residents to relocate.
<Pyxis> Would that work?
<Venison> I would hope so.
* Pyxis pyxis looks at Alex
<Venison> I believe that we should ask for volunteers first.
* Balbaroy gives a sideways glance to Alex then goes back to staring at Venison.
<Alex> You know, people bought these houses with their money. And the effort to move all the things, not to talk about paying the moving company again...
<Pyxis> Aw, I thought we were voting.
<Venison> Well...if anyone has any other ideas to solve this issue...we can vote on more than one solution, or combine different ones.
<Pyxis> We can reduce the amount of pets.
<Pyxis> You know, have a limit.
* Balbaroy raises his hand.
<Rav> I still don't see overpopulation as being a even a minor problem yet...
<Venison> Yes, uh, you the whiteish poodle.
<Pyxis> Rav, I think 29 active residents is overpopulation
<Balbaroy> Can't we just explain to them we're running out of room and say we're sorry about it?
<Venison> Well, yes, of course we can say that. We never expected the neighborhood to get this popular...
<Venison> well...
<Venison> I did...
<Venison> But that's besides the point.
<Balbaroy> I mean I find it a little crowded and hard to keep up with everything going on in town.
<Alex> And then what? Expect them to go to a new town?
<Venison> Yes, exactly.
<Alex> Perhaps that could work.
<Venison> The town has...shall we say, a little extra money to move people after we won that suit about the riot.
* Venison grins
<Alex> But then, the question is, who to "ban" from the town?
* Balbaroy tucks his tail and whines at mention of the riot.
<Rav> you know that is what that gang thing is all about... You RP within that group, while still being part of the larger area...
<Pyxis> Ban?
<Alex> You know, ask to leave.
<Pyxis> So they can move around?
<Pyxis> From one group to another?
<Venison> Rav has a point. Perhaps we could have them still in the same neighborhood...but, just a different area. Who says we simply can't expand the town...
<Venison> (aka, still RV, but a different thread, based on character relationships)
<Balbaroy> (Right)
<Pyxis> So you would only know what happened in your area?
<Venison> (this would also allow for the occasional crossover, or people mentioning other characters or their doings from the other thread, in theirs)
<Balbaroy> (But then we get into the ridiculous situation of checking both to make sure nothing major happened)
<Venison> Well, we can use the town hall to communicate between the areas.
<Venison> (aka: the OOC, or we can create a new hub, which we will call: PFIC: town hall announcements)
<Alex> But that will be a problem. If something major happens in the other half of the town, we won't know about it.
<Pyxis> We don't need to...
<Pyxis> We are only concerned what happens in our part.
<Venison> And, we have the town hall. Things may be communicated through there.
<Balbaroy> I still think relocating them works better.
<Rav> I have always seen RV area that were in, is only a small part of the town, that is currently zoned rural/farming which is why there are no leash laws enforced. If you go into the rest of the town you cross the corp. limit line an become subject to the leash laws.
<Alex> I, surprisingly, agree with Balbaroy.
<Venison> Hmm...
<Alex> Relocating them works better
* Alex whispers to himself: And I ***** hate that dog
<Venison> Well, yes, Relocation would be far easier. However, we DO want to keep everyone happy.
<Balbaroy> We should agree on who here should stay.
<Venison> We aren't the only one's in this town...just the one's living here longer.
<Pyxis> We need volunteers.
<Venison> Yes, first we will ask for volunteers from the newer arrivals.
<Balbaroy> Well to help people show there's no hard feelings I could go over.
* Alex is now known as Mai
<Mai> But you can't leave.
<Venison> Octavian, your constant coming and going is distracting. Would you please sit still?
<Balbaroy> (That would just be Balbaroy, not Lucky as well.)
* Mai whines
<Balbaroy> Well... I could come visit sometimes.
* Mai is now known as Alex
<Pyxis> Poor mai...
<Venison> Well...
<Pyxis> So, relocation it is then?
<Alex> Yes, we should have Balbaroy go to show there's no hard feelings.
<Alex> Definitely.
<Balbaroy> If somebody who's been here longer then we show there's no favoritism.
<Venison> Let's see...we could post some kind of announcement. Explain what's going on. Have EVERYONE vote.
<Pyxis> I was about to say Alex should go...
<Pyxis> ...I vote for relocation.
<Rav> clings to balbaroy Nooooo!
<Venison> *cough* I think we have an internet forum which we could post our thoughts on. Perhaps we could communicate this meeting to ALL and have everyone vote.
<Venison> Present the two ideas.
<Venison> The pros and cons.
* Balbaroy clears his throat and slowly back away.
<Pyxis> I agree.
* Alex raises hand
<Venison> Yes? Alex?
<Balbaroy> Rav, you're making me feel a little uncomfortable.
<Pyxis> That and talk about some new rules.
<Rachel> I second the motion
* Away is now known as Octavian
<Octavian> (WHOA HEY HEY)
<Octavian> (HEY)
<Pyxis> (meeting about PF)
<Alex> How about we wait for a week, and see how the situation will turn out? Perhaps they'll leave by themselves.
<Venison> New rules...such as making it illegal to modify your body and mind? (stats)
<Pyxis> Yes...
<Venison> (XP)
<Alex> Or they'll spend more time inside than outside (AKA become inactive)
<Venison> That's...honestly too much to hope for, really. Some of these pets are relentless! And some are threatening to move in, but haven't yet.
<Pyxis> Lets talk to the others about this.
<Pyxis> They need to have a voice too.
<Venison> And what Pyxis is saying.
<Rav> So your’e going to split the town into two… RV east an RV west. As long as the pets can do crossovers into the other town occasionally, I don't see a problem…
<Octavian> Uhm, sorry but I just came in....
<Venison> You're late!
<Octavian> Yeah yeah
<Venison> We're discussing the future of our neighborhood...
<Octavian> Oh
* Alex ignores Pyxis
<Octavian> (oh nevermind)
<Octavian> (I'm leaving anyway)
<Alex> I'm still for complete relocating
<Pyxis> I agree on that one.
<Rav> your leaving?
<Venison> Oh well, I'll be posting the transcript of this meeting as a town hall announcement.
<Venison> And, uh, this entire meeting is to keep the people who've been living here longer to stay.
<Venison> You'll see.
<Octavian> Oookaaay
<Venison> Overpopulation. That's what we've been discussing.
<Octavian> Oh thank god.
<Venison> Yes, now you see.
<Octavian> Yeah that's why I was leaving.
<Rachel> We've had some members threatening to move away due to the overpopulation.
<Octavian> Such as me.
<Venison> Anyway. We still must discuss this with all the other residents, and vote. For now, this meeting is adjourned...
<Octavian> is this in character?
<Pyxis> yes.
<Venison> Was!
<Octavian> Crap!
<Venison> Hahaha

So. The basic idea is that we now have too many players in Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley. Nobody's to blame for this; none of us really thought that it would get so popular. I kind of saw it coming, but there wasn't much I could do to stop it...I'm kind of the unofficial lead for this RP, in Brittles' absence.

Too many people, with too many characters and storylines, makes things muddled and hard to keep track of. That's the simple explanation. Three veterans of the RP threatened to leave as a result, and that would cause the story to fall apart. We can't have that! Thus, we have come up with two solutions:

Solution A: A new neighborhood.
This one's pretty simple. Volunteers...preferably some of the later joiners, will simply go to another RP, and start up a new neighborhood there, separate from Richardson Valley. They would get a new OOC, but be subject to the same rules. Occasionally, a character may be able to visit the other neighborhood.

Pros:
-Solves problem quickly.
-Far easier to execute.
-People who move get to build their own neighborhood...they aren't bound by the things we've created
Cons:
-Players do not get to interact as easily with established players
-Basically? It's kicking people out. Though I am asking for volunteers first.

Solution B: Expand the Neighborhood.
This one is more complex. There will be an East side, and West side, of Richardson Valley. (The west side would probably be on...well, the right side of the map, before the beach.) Each would have its own OOC. Each group of characters, based on relationships and storylines, will be put into either one. Mostly, more of the veteran players will stay in the west side, while more of the newer one's (that haven't selected a house) will go to the east side. With the towns closer together, crossovers, visits, common locations (such as the wall, and the park) as well as major actions or events, will be easier to combine and add to the story. Major actions and events, or crossovers, will be put in the new "Pet Friendly: RV Town Hall" thread. However, personal character storylines will be kept separate, on each side, and be easier to read.

Pros:
-Allows everyone to stay and use Richardson Valley
-Allows for easier crossovers
-Organizes character storylines
Cons:
-Can potentially be more confusing
-Up to three RP's and their extra threads going at once? Yikes!
-The more complex something is, the more likely it is to fail.

Other ideas: Option B, but with less extra threads.

Proposed New Rules:
-A reminder to follow ALL forum rules...go and read them to refresh your memory.
-Only up to 15 players per section, with only up to three active characters.
-Static stats: They can't be split, must be 42 points (with the exception of the rules already in place), and can't change for any reason.
-Drug use, violence: Forum is PG-13. Stay in that limit, lest I have to take moderator action.
-Politics: Again, politics must be discussed within context of the comic, and by extension, the RP. In the context of character development...sure. Pet rights? Sure. But if two characters start arguing politics in the RP, expect warnings to come your way. And if something MUST come up, you'd better make it balanced, and it had better not get very specific. Tread lightly.

If you have any thoughts, comments, or propositions, then say so.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

looks right to me. I support solution A
Make Pasta not war.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I support B. As much as I agree with the overpopulation, I think we ought to try to keep everyone together first, 'cause I don't think anyone wants to leave (or we wouldn't be having an overpopulation problem! :lol: ) Still, if A is more popular, I'll go along with it.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
ToastyJester

Post by ToastyJester »

I vote for A, just cause it's the one that feels best with me.
VMy comic: Has that new car smell!V
Jester S: 3 P: 7 E: 3 C: 9 I: 7 A: 5 L: 8
Caroline S: 5 P: 9 E: 5 C: 3 I: 8 A: 7 L: 5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

either one works for me, but I would prefer B
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
caelei

Post by caelei »

Hmmm... I'm indecisive.

Plan A:
Is more simple. But it doesn't seem exactly fair. "Kicking" people out? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Now, if a bunch of people volunteered, it would make this plan seem more positive.

Plan B:
Feels like the communities would be closer. Of course, then, there's also the complexity of it, which could be a problem. And I don't exactly want our rp's and tag-a-long "town hall"/ooc boards taking over the entire place, over here.

I don't know. I like Plan B, but it might set us up for failure, and I don't want the entire thing screwed up forever.

P.S. Also, am I a "veteran"? Because I could move, if I had to. Possibly. Though it would be kinda like ripping up roots... but hey! Move me if you guys want to.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Djinn

Post by Djinn »

I would vote for A. It seems like lots of people join in but then can't really join in because we're all in the middle of something and they end upbeing eaten in our posts doing nothing but arriving to town.

Edit: I think veteran is a misnomer, because I have not been on all that long but it would kind of effect the story if I left. On the other hand Kalvin has been here since almost the beginning and it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal if he left.
Last edited by Djinn on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Djinn: S-5 P-7 E-6 C-5 I-7 A-10 L-2
Glory: S-4 P-6 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-6 L-5
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

i choose option B.

We could easily have a bridge or mountain tunnel that keeps the groups seperate, an then you post on one board, your going across the bridge/tunnel, an post you come out on the other side on the other board..

an use the subject line to keep plots seperate.
Proposed New Rules:
-A reminder to follow ALL forum rules...go and read them to refresh your memory.
-Only up to 15 players per section, with only up to three active characters.
-Static stats: They can't be split, must be 42 points (with the exception of the rules already in place), and can't change for any reason.
-Drug use, violence: Forum is PG-13. Stay in that limit, lest I have to take moderator action.
-Politics: Again, politics must be discussed within context of the comic, and by extension, the RP. In the context of character development...sure. Pet rights?

stats can change over time, there would need to be a good IC reason for the change.
like if Rav got off his lazy tail, an worked out he could raise his str stat up one.. ofcourse another would have to fall.

The is a lot of violence in housepets, think that should read no graphic violence, PG-17.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Though I'm not in the roleplay, I'd like to suggest the following:
Choose to do whatever takes up less topics. I support Pet Friendly in the sense that it certainly seems to be popular, but really, there's no need for five topics clogging up the RP forum for this one roleplay. Admittedly that's an exaggeration, but I'd hope the point remains!
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

I'd really hate to seem like a... well.. ****... but... I like A the most.

Sorry.

what what? Jolly good time.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:Though I'm not in the roleplay, I'd like to suggest the following:
Choose to do whatever takes up less topics. I support Pet Friendly in the sense that it certainly seems to be popular, but really, there's no need for five topics clogging up the RP forum for this one roleplay. Admittedly that's an exaggeration, but I'd hope the point remains!
So is that A or B? Sorry, I'm just missing your implication.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

A adds a new neighborhood and a new OOC
B changes it so as to be two parts of one neighborhood, both with their own OOC, and an added topic for crossovers.

A has less, so A. They both seems a little like overkill, since it's possible to have one OOC for both ICs...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:A adds a new neighborhood and a new OOC
B changes it so as to be two parts of one neighborhood, both with their own OOC, and an added topic for crossovers.

A has less, so A. They both seems a little like overkill, since it's possible to have one OOC for both ICs...
Thanks, Iz not confuzzled no more :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Anthroguy101

Overpopulation

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Teh Brawler: I didn't have any plans on involving you in any political discussions. I also did not have any plans to attack you or your views. I have bigger fish to fry, and they are all outside of this forum. Also, thank you for complementing the story, that was really nice.
----
If A is still in a location that has 4 seasons, I wouldn't mind moving there. That is my only major qualm. I actually didn't realize the name of the place was Riverdale until about now. However, please don't just dump my character in this "new location" and be done with it. Punishing me for this wouldn't be fair in the slightest.

Also with Solution A where Henry just moves into somewhere other than Riverdale, he will only be aware of the characters in the new location, and not in Riverdale. Remember, he's new, and I didn't really say in the in-character thread where he just moved into. If I remember this correctly, I thought you guys liked meeting new people.

However, I will also be fine with solution B. In fact, I prefer it. With Solution B, Henry can communicate with all of your characters more easily. The same will go with new recruits. Also, cultural differences on the East and West sides will open up more storyline possibilities. For this reason, Solution B would gain my vote.

I can't help but blame myself for this. The issue was not brought up until Henry's arrival to the neighborhood, and I can't help but feel that somehow this is my fault.

Anyways, in compliance with the potential new rules, here's is Henry's S.P.E.C.I.A.L. :
S - 6
P - 10
E - 7
C - 4
I - 10
A - 3
L - 2
Last edited by Anthroguy101 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I can vouch for it not being your 'fault'!
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

I really hate to do this but... I vote for A
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

i don't see that..

B has less threads. PF east, PF west, and a shared OOC nothing else is needed.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

upon further consideration, I'm changing my vote to option A.

Blue, this is in no way your fault. There was talk of being too many people before you even showed up. Also, the name of the town is Richardson Valley, just so you know.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Keeshah wrote:

i don't see that..

B has less threads. PF east, PF west, and a shared OOC nothing else is needed.
To quote the cons buck mentioned, "Up to three RP's and their extra threads going at once? Yikes!"

Buck said each would have its own OOC. Interestingly enough, I just suggested that scenario you mentioned there to Buck over AIM because I'd much prefer to have three than five!
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Well, actually, I was wrong. I think I can write my way out of Option A and give Henry the chance to meet your characters. It would just be more difficult, and some of you would have to pitch in. Something significant, good or bad, has to happen there that would attract his attention.

Also, even if Henry does stay in Richardson Valley, little difference will be made. In that case he will not know the pets that have left.

If Option A is chosen, I think it is only fair that telephone, Internet and postal communication be permitted to and from Richardson Valley. Temporary visits should also be permitted. It would make it more fair for all of us who leave.

However, I still like B.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Here's what I've decided...

15 player limit right? If we get more than 15 votes, from players in the RP then we will go with the majority rule... If not...we go with option A, and those who voted stay, and anyone else? They can start a new neighborhood, and communicate with RV like you said, Blue.

Two day grace period. Chop-chop.

Why do I say this? To put it bluntly, to weed out the inactive RP'ers. There's a ton of them. If you're checking the forum often, and RP'ing often, then you'll see this.

Hmm...and yes, we can reduce the number of OOC threads and whatnot. I'll add that to the post.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I vote for option A. You should all see it from a brighter side: You're not being kicked out. Especially the newcomers. There's nothing to kick you out of, since you haven't been in RV for a long period of time. And the other bright side is that you can create a new neighborhood, define what happens in it, how the weather is, etc etc. Also, believe me, it's more fun to begin in a neighborhood where no-one knows anybody. Everybody is unknown to everybody.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Noontide

Post by Noontide »

Er well, yeah, I'm new, 'ello. I'll just.. post a character sheet then for now. it's 6:30 am now and im tired. Hope your all as friendly as you let on, I tend to back down and bail if I get too nervous, so please, I'll be nice to you if you are to me. I used to roleplaywith friends in some high action adventures and they were pretty violent.. I wanted to try something more... mild. So after reading all comic strips up to date in about an hour and becoming captivated, AND seeing this, it seemed to fit the bill. Well, now I'm just rambling..

Name: Rune Estoc

Species: Cat

Gang: none

-Appearance-
A dark grey furred cat with a white underbelly and footpaws. She's got green eyes and wears a blue collar around her neck with a little sword keychain attached. She appears a bit skrawny though.

-Personality-
She is a very shy and quiet individual, barely converses with her owner, even. Though underneath her closed-minded exterior beats a heart of gold. She opens up to those who seem friendly and pester her on a daily bases easily. She cares for others and worries often about the friends she makes, making her a tad paranoid and naive. Even when she opens up, she still acts shy.

-Other Notes-
She was born on a farm and was adopted at a very early age by a fairly wealthy man.

-SPECIAL-
STR-2
PER-2
END-6
CHA-3
INT-3
AGI-10
LUC-6

(I hope I can do this, but for now, I'm off to bed.)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
--------------------------
Rune: S-2 P-2 E-6 C-3 I-3 A-10 L-6
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Noontide wrote:Er well, yeah, I'm new, 'ello. I'll just.. post a character sheet then for now. it's 6:30 am now and im tired. Hope your all as friendly as you let on, I tend to back down and bail if I get too nervous, so please, I'll be nice to you if you are to me. I used to roleplaywith friends in some high action adventures and they were pretty violent.. I wanted to try something more... mild. So after reading all comic strips up to date in about an hour and becoming captivated, AND seeing this, it seemed to fit the bill. Well, now I'm just rambling..
Hahaha, welcome to Housepets! I'm the resident guy that's just absolutely everywhere. The only exclusion to this is this roleplay! Anyway, your timing is kind of funny, because of late the current roleplayers have been deciding what to do about a recent 'overpopulation'. You could probably help decide, since there's not a huge representation of 'new roleplayers' in this decision, with BlueArmy being the only 'new roleplayer' to offer an opinion on it so far.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Noontide, Welcome to PF! I have one question about your special. You have 32 points, however 42 is the max. (you don't have to spend them, but i'm just informing you.)
Make Pasta not war.
Kalvin

Re: Pet Friendly-A non-canon Town Hall Meeting

Post by Kalvin »

Buckdida wrote: Too many people, with too many characters and storylines, makes things muddled and hard to keep track of. That's the simple explanation. Three veterans of the RP threatened to leave as a result, and that would cause the story to fall apart. We can't have that! Thus, we have come up with two solutions:
I vote for Option C, spay and neuter your pets for the good of the pet population.

Seriously, I would say A. Option B will be effectively the same however we will all constantly have to check both boards to make sure there is nothing involving the other neighborhood. It's quite a hassle that way. Trust me I have been to other boards where similar things have happened and it all ended poorly. There is also the option of just no longer accepting new characters and leaving them to their own devices but that is what would be like kicking people out entirely.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

yeah i kinda want to join in on the fun but everything looks so... established, so i decided not to bother trying. pity, i had a character in mind and all.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

loudhawaiianshirt wrote:yeah i kinda want to join in on the fun but everything looks so... established, so i decided not to bother trying. pity, i had a character in mind and all.
I would say join, but you might want to hold off until we get this all situated. It'd be a little chaotic trying to get settled in the thread before the final plan is decided.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Hipstar

Post by Hipstar »

alright then i will wait it out.
James while John had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher.
Noontide

Post by Noontide »

Ebly wrote:
Noontide wrote:Er well, yeah, I'm new, 'ello. I'll just.. post a character sheet then for now. it's 6:30 am now and im tired. Hope your all as friendly as you let on, I tend to back down and bail if I get too nervous, so please, I'll be nice to you if you are to me. I used to roleplaywith friends in some high action adventures and they were pretty violent.. I wanted to try something more... mild. So after reading all comic strips up to date in about an hour and becoming captivated, AND seeing this, it seemed to fit the bill. Well, now I'm just rambling..
Hahaha, welcome to Housepets! I'm the resident guy that's just absolutely everywhere. The only exclusion to this is this roleplay! Anyway, your timing is kind of funny, because of late the current roleplayers have been deciding what to do about a recent 'overpopulation'. You could probably help decide, since there's not a huge representation of 'new roleplayers' in this decision, with BlueArmy being the only 'new roleplayer' to offer an opinion on it so far.
Well, i'm not sure, butif you think I can help, then I guess I can giveita shot?
Dylan wrote:Noontide, Welcome to PF! I have one question about your special. You have 32 points, however 42 is the max. (you don't have to spend them, but i'm just informing you.)
I'm well aware of that. I've read over the rules twice. Thanks for pointing that out though, maybe I'll bump up a few points to certian areas.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Noontide, just tell us A or B.
Noontide

Post by Noontide »

Okay, okay! uh.. B, then.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Two days, 14 votes. What does this mean?

Richardson Valley RP'ers:
1. Caelei
2. Dylan
3. Argent-Flame
4. Teh Brawler
5. Buckdida
6. Kalvin
7. Alex
8. Keeshah
9. Missingo
10. Djinn
11. Jimmy Jazz
12. Toasty Jester
13. Blue Army
14. Noontide

On that list? Good. You stick with Richardson Valley. Anyone else...enjoy your restraint free, shiny new sandbox! If you need any help...simply ask, and we'll all descend to offer advice. In addition, those in the new neighborhood will be allowed to communicate through e-mail, telephone etc. and have the occasional crossover (and we can also go to yours!), but be sure to work it all out in PM's first, if you can.

*If someone drops out of RV, that slot will be open for someone NEW to take, someone who isn't in a neighborhood.
*Use THIS OOC for ALL Pet Friendly stuff.

Character limits: You may only have a maximum of 2 main characters, unless you already have 3 characters. These characters may stay. However, if you go back to 2 characters, you may not go back to 3. Small bit parts are exempt.

I think...that's all. Whew. Okay, let's put the drama behind, and get to Roleplaying!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ummm is It Ok If I make the other one because I have an Idea for a Town ....Radiant Gardens...
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Feel free to start a new town, but if I were you, I'd settle it with the other roleplayers in this thread before creating one.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Buckdida wrote: Character limits: You may only have a maximum of 2 main characters, unless you already have 3 characters. These characters may stay. However, if you go back to 2 characters, you may not go back to 3. Small bit parts are exempt.

I think...that's all. Whew. Okay, let's put the drama behind, and get to Roleplaying!

Blinks! when did character limits get reduced from 3 to 2? i never got the memo that was even under discussion.
Or is that 2 "pet" characters? an Human/owners are considered just a supporting secondary character of the pet they own carefor, even if there played often.

Awaiting ruling.. as i had another pet character i was going to bring in soon..

On another note..

Can the current vet RP's in RV have characters ((new one/s for that town only, instead of having the current one traveling to the new town for a visit)) in the new town?
This would give the new town a core population, until there is enough new RP's there to maintain the RP in that town.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

@ Keesh: No, the humans don't count. The focus is on the pets.

Characters to get them started? That doesn't really work. So they get started up...and then you pull out, leaving them with nothing to do and broken character relationships? Doesn't work...and you're taking 2 slots instead of one. Rather, I'd have us offer any help that the new town needs.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I guess its ok since no one has really disagreed.. I will get Radiant Gardens up and running then! I'm going to start it from where Zeke and Locke left off because I never really worte about being in Richardson Valley just that Zeke was at the park so it would probably work
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5