Please Don't Do This [Example]

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Dissension

Please Don't Do This [Example]

Post by Dissension »

Hypergenesis wrote:Some of you were less inactive? You mean yourself?
The purpose of an SRP was to give people a break from the typical >everyday< RP which involves a relaxed situation.
YES, you did post a bit more, but I could say those were the type of posts the SRP aimed to remove. I brought it up with you and you threatened to quit the RP if I disallowed those posts.
Need I say more?

Me inactive, yes <insert "but I was a game master" thingy...> I had power to make random event happen, but I wasn't going to do it that every post was a random event, it wouldn't be unusual if the players moved a lot but they didn't. Plans were made but then they stray off their purpose to go sniff some flowers (not literally) when they should have been looking for food. When they did find some food it's immediately "BACK TO CAMP!"...
Seriously?

Aecros Hydris was an adventure SRP, so what was the first page like?
<Someone> looks at <something>
<Someone> checks <something>
<Someone> looks for <something>
<Someone> sees <something>
<Someone> kicks <something>
<Someone> rummages around <something>
Really?

I asked for AT LEAST one post a day, and advanced notice in case that wouldn't be made.
Well that went well. I messaged some players and it took a good few days before I see a post.

I would say it back to you, put yourself in my shoes and see if that's fun in anyway.

and YES, inactive are people who don't post at least once a day. YES you were all INACTIVE.
Well, SORRY if you felt offended, and no, I never threatened you in any way. If you don't accept other people's opinion - the problem is absolutely yours. I am not the bad guy in here, but neither am I saying that you are... we're all to blame and don't you run away from this... The Failure of this RP comes as much ours (players), that much yours as well. So accept itand stop blaming everyone else only...
I am getting sick of your constant whining for both here and YsF. I've nothing more to tell ya!...
Spending a few minutes in this sub-forum, I ran into several posts like the one above. Please keep in mind there are rules here and we expect you to obey them. I request that everyone take a few minutes to read through the forum rules. Feel free to ask any questions you may have; I'll be in this section for the indefinite future.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Moon Howler

Re: Please Don't Do This [Example]

Post by The Moon Howler »

I am once again in the spotlight of shame...
About AC:
Some people there are barely showing in the forums.. which was keeping other part of the people from posting. Plus he tried to save the thing too late and now he's blaming us... what do you want me to say? I am even accused of threatening...

Okay, I know it wasn't my best Idea to fight fire with fire, but I couldn't just sit there and let him accuse me and the rest of my buds.
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Just to make this known, we've been talking in a Skype group, and this is what we've decided in a nutshell.

We think Dissension's complaint is Moon Howler making a new thread to reply to a locked one to complain about Nitz's recent behavior. (Dissention did not say what rule was broken, if any, so we really have no idea what he's going on about.)
What we decided was that instead of making a new thread, or even a post, anyone who has a personal problem with another member should bring it up in a PM which clearly explains the problem they are having. If that does not work, then another member, probably a mod, might be brought in if the situation cannot be resolved. Taking it to the level of a post is creating drama.

Nevermind. Dissention made this thread on his own and it just LOOKS like Moon Howler made it. What are you complaining about Dissension?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I am not "complaining" about something, I am enforcing the forum rules. Specifically, flaming and trolling are not allowed, nor is arguing with a moderator. I apologize for assuming the offenses were clear. There are several argumentative posts in this section; these are completely unacceptable and will be dealt with as outlined in the forum rules. For those unable to follow the link in my previous post, the relevant sections are quoted below.
Major Rules:
  • No Flaming. Do not openly attack, insult, belittle, or abuse another poster. You will be warned if this occurs; you will be banned on grounds of harassment if this appears to be chronic.
  • No Trolling. Any topic or response purposely intended to incite flames WILL result in a ban. Even if you attempt to have a "serious" conversation, and bend or tiptoe around the board rules as a result, this counts as trolling.
Not for Discussion:
  • Respect the moderators and their decisions. If you want to know why an action was taken, feel free to PM the moderator with any questions. If their answer doesn't satisfy you (or you think it's unfair), you may ask a global moderator for a second opinion. However, you should not make a big scene in public and disrupt the flow of conversation. Doing so will result in a warning.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Ok, that makes it alot clearer. Thank you.
Dissension wrote:I am not "complaining" about something, I am enforcing the forum rules.
Yes, that's the term I was looking for. "Enforcing rules". As I said, it wasn't clear what exactly you were trying to bring up, and he honestly broke the rules without realizing what he was doing.

Now that that seems settled, I'll just get back to breaking the rules....
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'd prefer if you didn't. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other