PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Mystic Wolf

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by Mystic Wolf »

<Spanish>Ya es otoño...</Spanish> (It's already autumn...)
Something like this?
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I've seen it done like that before. That should be fine, as long as everyone is able to read it.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Remember, new residents. Keep your posting to 5 posts maximum for every 24 hours, don't post too much or the others won't be able to follow!

The rule of thumb about speaking in different languages (especially when most of your dialog is in foreign language) is make sure the others know what you are saying, because some of us don't know the language you are speaking.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Mystic Wolf wrote:
<Spanish>Ya es otoño...</Spanish> (It's already autumn...)
Something like this?
Aye. Looks a lot neater when one can read everything. After all it should be the characters who don't understand it not the players XD.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

This isn't the case in here - my mature alphabet is Cyrillic(Кирилица) it's the alphabet's letters that concerns me: Is it allowed to spell in Cyrillic in here(of course full translation will follow)?
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I don't see why it wouldn't be...
The Moon Howler

The rule "No Cyrillic" is from the comic page, i guess it is implied here too, but i have to ask some mods
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sindorei wrote:This isn't the case in here - my mature alphabet is Cyrillic(Кирилица) it's the alphabet's letters that concerns me: Is it allowed to spell in Cyrillic in here(of course full translation will follow)?
The only thing I could find unappealing to Cyrilly would be that I wouldn't be able to understand it and I actually make a mental sound of "KNPNNUA" (KN-PN-NUA) while reading that message of yours. Now I'm not trying to be offensive or anything but it's kind of distracting in my case. I am not, however, against of you typing Cyrillic if you do provide a translation anyway, though I believe there would be more effort in doing that compared to just typing <Bulgarian> <Your Message here> </Bulgarian>

HOWEVER
If you quote it out of a book written in Cyrillic, it would be fun to see the book quoted as is. ^w ^

Well that's just what I think. XP

About the rule, it is because people are encouraged to type in English as this is an English (American?) community. If you provide translations I don't really see how it would be disruptive in anyway. (Unless the translation is wrong, but I'm just saying.)
The Moon Howler

:D Ok there, <Кирилица> is pronounced <Kirilitsa>
and about the translations: don't you worry, it will be translated correctly - my skills surpass like half of our professional translators. And if people want i will add "pronouncement" (with latin letters)

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sindorei wrote::D Ok there, <Кирилица> is pronounced <Kirilitsa>
and about the translations: don't you worry, it will be translated correctly - my skills surpass like half of our professional translators. And if people want i will add "pronouncement" (with latin letters)
Pronunciation is the word.

The pronunciation is important if you decide to talk in another language because if people decide they want to "misinterpret" you, then they can. XD

Like I already said, I don't really mind if someone talks in another language so long as I understand it. If you absolutely want to type in another language then be my guest so long as you remember to translate it.

And be very careful with euphemisms. (Google is your best friend)
The Moon Howler

Hypergenesis wrote:
Sindorei wrote::D Ok there, <Кирилица> is pronounced <Kirilitsa>
Pronunciation is the word.

Well the pronunciation is important because if people decide they want to "misinterpret" you then they can XD.
So, here's an example

"Пристигнахме ли?<Pristignahme li?>Are we there yet?" although it literally is translated "Там ли сме вече?<Tam li sme veche?>"

Is that way of posting okay?

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Sindorei wrote:So, here's an example

"Пристигнахме ли?<Pristignahme li?>Are we there yet?" although it literally is translated "Там ли сме вече?<Tam li sme veche?>"

Is that way of posting okay?
Sindorei wrote:"Пристигнахме ли?<Pristignahme li?>Are we there yet?"
With this first one it's like you said: "Пристигнахме ли? Are we there yet?"

Be sure to filter out both the pronunciation and the translation.

Maybe like "Пристигнахме ли?" <Pristignahme li?> (Are we there yet?)

But as you can see it makes it very long.
Sindorei wrote:"Там ли сме вече?<Tam li sme veche?>"
Eh, you forgot the translation I think...
The Moon Howler

"Там ли сме вече?<Tam li sme veche?>" is the Literal translation of "Are we there yet?"

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh LoL, getting sleepy right now so I'm not processing things quite right anymore. XD

But I wouldn't have any objections to that way of posting so long as you make it absolutely distinguishable on which set of word clusters do what. "Actual Message" <Pronunciation> (Translation) Is what I would prefer you do.

BUT

I will warn this to all those who are using non-English languages in the RP.
If the one you are talking to does not understand what you said, I'm talking about in-game characters here, there will be a large charisma penalty to the interaction (around 1-4 points) unless you impress your recipient. Now while I assume most wouldn't even bother with this, it is a valid reason for a character to walk away from the conversation. Hooray negative development.

I'm just being realistic so careful careful. ^ w^
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'm still unsure if my store idea has been approved. shouldn't really be a factor in my introductory post, but it would still be nice to know.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

If it's the sports store then I remember that Aqua did approve of it, possibly indirectly though. XD
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Hypergenesis wrote:If it's the sports store then I remember that Aqua did approve of it, possibly indirectly though. XD
well, I added the back room with the pet treadmills and small, indoor, above-ground pool(small meaning maybe 4 1/2 ft deep and 5 ft long) and I don't think that part was approved yet.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Seeing as that's a sports store and the pool is not a geothermally heated, diamond-encrusted, gold-plated with marble merlions over polished obsidian rocks spouting a purified stream of crystal glacier water into the pool surrounded by advanced 34th century biometric scanners with automated lifeguards on ready to jump in and instantly save anyone who would even as to so slightly get a finger cramp. . .

I'd say it's within the bounds of a highly acceptable set up. I would even say the pool is quite small, even for a pet. ^ w^
The Moon Howler

Brent, what do you think about posting Cyrillic(with translation and Pronunciation)?
I'm just asking to hear what others will say about it

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'd be fine with it. Being a Siberian Husky sled dog, Spike would probably have had experience with other sled dogs speaking similar languages and may be able to understand you a bit.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Okay, let's do this - i will post on Bulgarian ONLY if there is family conversation between the Balkansky family (incl. Varg), otherwise i might as well write short fics

My RP Characters
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Hypergenesis wrote:If it's the sports store then I remember that Aqua did approve of it, possibly indirectly though. XD
well, I added the back room with the pet treadmills and small, indoor, above-ground pool(small meaning maybe 4 1/2 ft deep and 5 ft long) and I don't think that part was approved yet.
Just ask yourself: "Can I find something like this in a big city?" If yes, then approved, if no... Need I say more? I will trust you to be reasonable. I usually only point out very unreasonable things anyway.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

There's a hotel near me where each pet gets its own room. you can find almost anything in a big city. so the store is open for business.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Day and time check

Sunday, around 6:30 to 7: 30 AM

Based on Sept 4, 2011 sunrise.
Because Cesium's born on Sept 2.
Mystic Wolf

Post by Mystic Wolf »

Thank you for the info! I hoped I was right :lol:!
Do you want me to level up? Click here! Shame that I can't show the pic here due to the size...

Image Image Image Image
-
Image Image
The Game

Post by The Game »

Wait, can I post now?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sure can! Day 3 started yesterday! :lol:
The Game

Post by The Game »

:shock:
*facepalm*
right....
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Waiting for Brent...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Cut my last post short because I have to go XDDDD
The Moon Howler

Hey, I have a friend that wants to join us in YsF. Is there a way he can be approved now?

My RP Characters
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well per rules of YsF when the neighborhood is full, he needs the GM's approval and the approval of the players. For the mean time I can give the GM's approval but getting the neighborhood approval might be a bit harder as there are currently 16 players, this means you need at least 8 players to approve...

Eh.

Rules..

Tell your friend to post his/her profile here and let's see what we can do.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sindorei wrote:Hey, I have a friend that wants to join us in YsF. Is there a way he can be approved now?
Have him post a character sheet. It's really simple. It won't be as instant, but anyone can still get in...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Hypergenesis wrote:Well per rules of YsF when the neighborhood is full, he needs the GM's approval and the approval of the players. For the mean time I can give the GM's approval but getting the neighborhood approval might be a bit harder as there are currently 16 players, this means you need at least 8 players to approve...

Eh.

Rules..

Tell your friend to post his/her profile here and let's see what we can do.
Would it help if I left? I might be doing that soon....
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Even if you leave the character sheet will still need approval from the GM.

Although may I ask why you would be leaving?
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Because I go much too slow here, and when I want to post, I always lose my thoughts and I end up taking ages to make a 'blah' post
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well, best thing to do to avoid slow posting rates is to avoid bunching too many characters in a group or remote location since, taking courtesy into account, it's harder for the character to leave their current company. Yes, I'm talking with experience from the theme park arc, Shush!

Also unless you have a planned direction for your character, it's best to avoid hanging out with another character for some amount of time as this "long-time companion" will have diminishing interest with respect to time. Think of hanging out with one random classmate/officemate (Even a stranger could pass for this role) for the whole day and you'll get what I mean.

Lastly learn to introduce new elements to the roleplay or say your farewells to certain characters as to free your own to new interactions.

That's all the advice I can offer to you for the moment. Though right now the speed is quite satisfactory at certain times of the day, After lunch and around 2AM in my timezone = 3=..., so don't give up too easily on this just because your first in-game day didn't went as planned. You don't necessarily need to give the whole day to the first character you meet, It's actually very unnatural if anyone spends the whole day as a group, Though yeah, it did happen..., put more character and life to your character to avoid becoming a minor character who just follows a main character. After all, your character is only as free as you let them be. ^w ^

In Summary: Noooooo! Don't quit! *shot*
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Secondary Character Rion Balkansky, Approved.

For those who wants to see the profile it's under Varg's Character Sheet.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

<.<

>.>

*koff*
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yes?