PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: PF: Yorkshire Fields OOC

Post by valerio »

Sorry for the double post.
Since Jofoxx and Neko Left for good, is it possible for me to have Angel and Aiden as guests? Pleaaase? *puppy eyes*

EDIT - Also, with RockstarRaccoon permission, I'd like Jake too. I have some, if I'm allowed, better idea to run him. As for his 'sudden return', it could be explained that perhaps Flash had an hallucination for eating trash, if that's okay
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

Aww he did? Well that sucks......Oi
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I don't think the roads have any names. Or if they had any names, I sure don't remember. I suppose it is okay to give them names, just make sure not to contradict with other players. You might also need to remind me of their names, because I am not really good at remembering names, especially location names.

As for Angel and Aiden, you will need to first get permission from Jofoxx. But even then, I still prefer if you don't do anything like that now, considering that they just left and you just introduced 2 characters. It might get pretty confusing. And to tell you the truth, losing 3 long time players this suddenly is actually giving me a headache. It is will become very troublesome to sort them all out, I think it is better if we just leave them there unless they become an obstacle. However, if everyone really wants you to take control of them, then I will consider it. Same for Jake too, I think it is quite confusing to bring him back even with an explanation.

*Sigh* I only hope that Raccoon doesn't leave next...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Perfect! I'll be waiting then.
Also, current address of the Greek family is the last house on the park's northern side (top right corner on the map): 200 Sycamore Road.
I'll edit the post in which it's mentioned, according to the other players' will.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

valerio wrote:Perfect! I'll be waiting then.
Uh, don't get your hopes up though.
valerio wrote:Also, current address of the Greek family is the last house on the park's northern side (top right corner on the map): 200 Sycamore Road.
I'll edit the post in which it's mentioned, according to the other players' will.
Top right corner? I think Cesium lives around there too.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Yeah, I do live there.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aquablast wrote:
valerio wrote:Perfect! I'll be waiting then.
Uh, don't get your hopes up though.
valerio wrote:Also, current address of the Greek family is the last house on the park's northern side (top right corner on the map): 200 Sycamore Road.
Top right corner? I think Cesium lives around there too.
my bad, sorry: top LEFT corner.
Also, what should be the problem: the players officially left, their message leaves few room to doubt...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The players may have left, but that does not mean you can snatch them all up as guests, regardless of how involved your characters were with them. Talk to Jofoxx, he's still on the forums. I would also rather see someone else adopt them, so ALL the abandoned characters don't all go to one guy.
valerio

Post by valerio »

ctcmjh wrote:The players may have left, but that does not mean you can snatch them all up as guests, regardless of how involved your characters were with them. Talk to Jofoxx, he's still on the forums. I would also rather see someone else adopt them, so ALL the abandoned characters don't all go to one guy.
Oh, okay. No prob.
Hey, don't make me look like the bad guy here :evil:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

valerio wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:The players may have left, but that does not mean you can snatch them all up as guests, regardless of how involved your characters were with them. Talk to Jofoxx, he's still on the forums. I would also rather see someone else adopt them, so ALL the abandoned characters don't all go to one guy.
Oh, okay. No prob.
Hey, don't make me look like the bad guy here :evil:
:oops: Sorry if I was making you look like the bad guy, you're the furthest from a bad guy :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Heh, no prob.
Anyway, you're right: too many characters for me would make a mess. I'll content myself with Jake. So, how long should pass before I can legally claim the wuffie guy?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Ack, I think you have misunderstood me. I said it is too confusing to bring Jake back even with an explanation. In fact, it is probably more troublesome to handle Jake than the others. He already had an exit, and it is too complex to bring him back even with an explanation.

And nevertheless, you still need Raccoon's permission. I will only consider if Raccoon agrees, and even then I still prefer if you don't.

I am sorry if I am talking in such a confusing and uncertain tone. Because even as a temp GM, my decision isn't absolute. I don't want people thinking I am making decisions by myself without giving a chance for others to input.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Aquablast wrote:Ack, I think you have misunderstood me. I said it is too confusing to bring Jake back even with an explanation. In fact, it is probably more troublesome to handle Jake than the others. He already had an exit, and it is too complex to bring him back even with an explanation.

And nevertheless, you still need Raccoon's permission. I will only consider if Raccoon agrees, and even then I still prefer if you don't.

I am sorry if I am talking in such a confusing and uncertain tone. Because even as a temp GM, my decision isn't absolute. I don't want people thinking I am making decisions by myself without giving a chance for others to input.
*whimpers* OK, OK, enough with the lost characters. I'll create mine, so there.
Seriously, I think I'm coming with a cute idea, here... Will let you see.
Ferals from the woods are accepted as guests?
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

valerio wrote: Ferals from the woods are accepted as guests?
Just remember the canon
Neko wrote:- Yorkshire is rapidly expanding, encroaching on the surrounding wildlife, causing an ecological meltdown. Wild animals in the Yorkshire are less friendly and do not socialize with each other anywhere near as much.
And they could be NPCs, Secondary Characters, or Guests. I'm not too sure about them being mains though unless it's an ambassador of the woods or something.. *Slits own throat.*
valerio

Post by valerio »

OK, and here are my guest characters. They're gonna play an important role in the life of at least one character... And, as rules with guests go, after an arc they'll rest for no less than two.

- Type -

- Name -
Kuhn

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
6 HYO//21 PYO

- Species -
Wolf

- Personality -
Kuhn is the most impulsive and active of the two brothers. He prefers to concede to his instinct rather than reason, and is often in conflict with Saur (see CS). Despite this, he’s loyal and protective, and will sacrifice himself rather than see his brother hurt. Like his brother, he believes that humans are evil creatures for destroying their environment, but he want to help their pets out of the ‘slavery’. He enjoys playing pranks at random.

- Appearance -
Kuhn is a jet-black wolf, with deep green eyes and a thick fur. He may be young but he’s very strong and muscled. Wrapped with a leather lace around his waist, he carries two daggers he found in the junkyard.

- Backstory -
Kuhn and his brother had just left their den to form a pack of their own, when their family and their old pack was forced to flee because of the new building sites for a factory. And since the territory they used to call home was also severely ruined, the two wolves now have to live near the city as scavengers, not wanting to see the humans’ pets suffer under their rulers’ thumb.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Kuhn is strong, agile, and a fine hunter.
W – Reckless, impulsive, needs his brother guidance to channel his rage.

- Other Notes -
Kuhn is skilled in the use of his daggers, and can make a meal out of things that even a vulture would find disgusting. He likes to scavenge in the junkyard for anything that could be used as weapon, and holds a small collections of them in his den.

- Stats -
STRENGTH – 9
PERCEPTION – 8
ENDURANCE – 8
CHARISMA – 3
INTELLIGENCE – 3
AGILITY – 7
LUCK – 4

COLOR

---

- Type -

- Name -
Saur

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
6 HYO//21 PYO

- Species -
Wolf

- Personality -
Saur is a methodic, quiet kind of predator. He likes to plan things out, wait even days before being sure of a tactic. He’s the voice of the reason, in the family…But he’s not to be underestimated, he can be a subtle manipulator.

- Appearance -
Saur is a pure-white wolf, with a thick fur, and deep blue eyes, physically less imposing than his brother. He carries a bow and arrows strapped to his back. He prefers to avoid direct confrontation, but will always be there to assist his brother.

- Backstory -
Saur and his brother had just left their den to form a pack of their own, when their family and their old pack was forced to flee because of the new building sites for a factory. And since the territory they used to call home was also severely ruined, the two wolves now have to live near the city as scavengers, not wanting to see the humans’ pets suffer under their rulers’ thumb.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Intelligent, analytical, manipulator
W – Not very strong, but knows some martial arts

- Other Notes -
Saur is skilled in the bow & arrow, and knows the basic of Karate. He prefers scavenging the junkyard for books and anything he can use as information. His collection varies with time, and it includes books, music instruments, drawing kits.

- Stats -
STRENGTH – 6
PERCEPTION – 6
ENDURANCE – 6
CHARISMA – 8
INTELLIGENCE – 8
AGILITY – 4
LUCK – 4

COLOR

---

- Type -

- Name -
Hugin

- Gender -
Male

- Age -
8 HYO//32 PYO

- Species -
Common Raven

- Personality -
Hugin is a meditative individual, fatalist and cynical. Although he usually minds his own business, since his nest was destroyed, he never loses an occasion to inflict small vengeances on the human enemy. Although he doesn’t believe the wolf brothers will ever succeed in their quest to free the pets from their ‘salvers’, he’s glad to use that as an excuse to upset the humans.

- Appearance -
Hugin appears like a jet-black raven, with black eyes, and a white tail.

- Backstory -
Hugin spent all his life in the forest, tranquil with what he had…until deforestation for the building site, the same for which Kuhn and Saur’s den were destroyed, made him vow vengeance. Since then, he’s pulling pranks on the community of Yorkshire Fields, helping the two brothers from time to time.

- Strengths&Weaknesses -
S – Intelligent, can imitate voices with an accurate decree and pick locks.
W – He really doesn’t care for the others, and that makes him not much trustworthy.

- Other Notes -
Hugin is able to pick locks, he’s stealthy and very perceptive.

- Stats -
STRENGTH – 3
PERCEPTION – 8
ENDURANCE – 5
CHARISMA – 5
INTELLIGENCE – 7
AGILITY – 7
LUCK – 7

COLOR
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Hello good folks of Yorkshire Fields!

I hereby officially announce that I would like to join your humble RP! :P So many players have left recently, I thought I could help shore up the numbers. Also YF looks like a fun place to be!

Here's my character for your approval and/or critique:
In the Main OOC I wrote:Name:
Dusk Roscoe

Character type:
Main

Species:
Snowshoe Cat

21 PYO / 6 HYO

Neighborhood:
Yorkshire Fields

Appearance:
Dusk has tan fur on his back and head, while his belly and paws are covered with white. His ears and tail are dark brown, his eyes are blue. He wears a light brown collar, and his tag has the outlines of the rising sun still halfway behind the horizon engraved on it.

Personality:
At first glance, Dusk is an energetic, fun loving cat, who usually acts friendly with everyone, though he has a tendency to sometimes be sort of a candy corn. Few get to see him really open up however, since he's slow to let anyone into his trust. Dusk enjoys the company of others, many games and occasionally a quiet evening in front of the TV.
Dusk strongly dislikes wild or feral animals. He is suspicious and wary of them at best, and outright agressive at worst.

Other notes & background:

Dusk's owner is Jane Roscoe. She works as a pet groomer, and since she used to practice on Dusk all the time some of it rubbed off on the cat. Dusk knows how to use a pair of scissors on a coat of fur! It's sort of his hobby.
Jane and Dusk lived in Yorkshire Fields for years, but they only recently moved to their new apartment in this neigborhood.
Dusk was the last of his litter to get an owner so he spent a few months alone with another litter of puppies at the pet store. Ever since, he likes to socialize with dogs more than other cats!

Special:
Strength - 4 "I'm a cat! I can carry my own weight. What else did you expect?"
Perception - 7 "I can see what the people are doing in the apartment complex on the other side of the street!"
Endurance - 7 "Race you to the park!!!"
Charisma - 5 "Hi, I'm Dusk! So... nice weather is it?"
Intelligence - 5 "Okay, so I'm more street smart than book smart..."
Agility - 8 "Up the tree, across the fence and whoosh I'm gone!"
Luck - 6 "Meh, I'm not winning a grand prize anytime soon but it could be worse."
COLOR
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
valerio

Post by valerio »

I LOVE IT!!! I already can see Artemis and Dusk acting like Max and Bino! :mrgreen:
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Your character seems fine to me, Broken Fox! I say you can post right away!

And by the way, Broken Fox. You might want to develop and discuss your background with the other players, and by that I mean your character might already know some of the other characters! As a pet groomer, some pets must have went there sometimes, especially the richer ones.

For example, Bullet might recognize Dusk as the "cat at the groomer". While Dusk may or may not recognize Bullet as a very obedient dog!

Of course, you can talk about Dusk's connection as you post. Either through PM or the IRC or simply on the OOC.

As for valerio's guest characters, they won't be joining in this in-game day. I already talked to him and I am personally fine with them, as it is going to be drama orientated. So basically there will be zero bloodshed, even with all those weapons. (Think of Rick's Housepets: Remnants of the American Nomad.) But if anyone has a problem, let me know and let's sort it out together.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Aquablast wrote:And by the way, Broken Fox. You might want to develop and discuss your background with the other players, and by that I mean your character might already know some of the other characters! As a pet groomer, some pets must have went there sometimes, especially the richer ones.
Good idea! :) I already reached out to a few people, but if anyone else thinks their character might have met Dusk somewhere, PM me please!

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Rendak wrote:Genesis mumbled something to himself and decided to follow Cesium back to the others
First: Cesium can hear that unless it's just some senseless garble in which case this post holds just fine.
Second: Give me something to work on here, I'm seriously blanking out trying to work with these "follow" posts which feels like pulling a boulder with a leash through the desert.

No offense, but I'm really finding it demotivating when I'm repeatedly making interaction flags that aren't responded to.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

If you guys are still accepting new players, I think I'd like to join!
Coatl_Ruu wrote: Name:
Phi Walters

Character type:
Main

Species:
Cat (Maine Coon)

Neighborhood:
Yorkshire Fields

Appearance:
Phi is a fairly typical brown tabby Maine Coon with thick, long fur. He's a bit taller than the average cat, but not by much. There's a rather noticeable scar a few inches from the end of his tail.

Personality:
Phi is a fairly level-headed individual. If he has the chance, he'll think through any action he's about to take and consider all of the possible consequences. If he tells you that something is a stupid idea, it probably is. Unfortunately, that all goes out the window if he's in a rush. To say that Phi doesn't exactly do his best thinking under pressure is like saying that fire doesn't do well underwater.

When it comes to dealing with more personal or emotional issues, the best strategy he's come up with so far is "ignore them and hope they go away." People and other pets have told him in the past that this probably isn't healthy. He generally tells them exactly where they can shove their opinions

Phi has a tendency to take life in general just a bit too seriously. When he's among those he considers friends he'll loosen up a bit, but overall he stays fairly reserved. Phi is slow to anger, but once he's finally pushed over the edge it's a terrible sight to behold.

Other notes & background:
-His tag looks like the Greek letter phi. Yes, its a very smart joke lame pun.
-His owner treats him more like a pet than a child, but he's allowed to use the toilet. Because cleaning a litter box is a pain.

Phi's mother was a stray who gave birth to him in a shelter. He was put up for adoption along with a few of his siblings, but he was the only one that his current owner adopted. His owner's job made it so that the two never stayed in one place for a while. In the eight or so years that his owner, Henry, had that particular job, they traveled to almost every one of the continental United States. His owner only decided to settle down somewhere recently. (ie, Yorkshire Fields.)

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 7 "Need some help with those bags?"
Perception - 8 "Anyone else see that?"
Endurance - 6 "Eh. That's enough running for now, thank you very much."
Charisma - 4 "Putting your foot in your mouth is that thing you aren't supposed to do, right?"
Intelligence - 7 "I know enough to have figured out that the thing on my collar is a geeky pun off my name, if that's what you mean."
Agility - 6 "Jump a fence? Sure. Anything beyond that ain't gonna happen, though."
Luck - 4 "Bah. Luck isn't real. That vase that just dumped over on me? Coincidence."
(also, color.(000080)

I read through the rules at the beginning of the thread, the main RP rules, and the last few pages of the actual Yorkshire Fields thread. If there's anything else that you guys feel I need to know, I'd be glad to hear it!
Last edited by Coatl_Ruu on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Sounds good to me, Coatl! You are accepted and you can start posting right away!

Don't hesitate to ask if you got questions!
Absol

Post by Absol »

Name: Change Denning

Character Type: Main

Species: Mixed-Breed Cat

Neighborhood: Yorkshire Fields

Appearance: Change is a primarily black cat; however, his feet and hands are pure white. A streak of white fur also runs up his left leg to around his knee and a small patch of it marks his chest; however, his eyes are a simple almond shade like most cats. As with most pets, he only wears a collar, blue, with a tag, a copper colored cents symbol. Of note is that his tail is unusually long, even by most cat standards, actually being longer than his upper body.

Personality: Change is a very introverted pet; extremely shy and social phobic; he gets incredibly nervous when interacting with others. That said; he’s also as honest as they come and truly tries to be a good cat, but his other issues sometimes get in the way of that. He’s pretty much constantly stressed out and will snap, usually violently, if you push him too hard; something that he will regret the second the momentary anger fades and he realizes what he’s done. In spite of all this, however, Change still does want to have friends; he just doesn’t know how to make them.

Other Notes: Change was born a stray and taken in while still fairly young, which his owner is pretty sure is why he’s so nervous around other humans and pets. He also recently discovered that his romantic interests weren’t limited to just other felines; something that only served to add to his ever-present stress level.

SPECIAL:

Strength – 4 (And usually compensates for it by fighting dirty)
Perception – 7 (He’s no detective, but he’s pretty good anyway)
Endurance – 5 (Nothing too special here)
Charisma – 4 (Gets some points for a being a nice guy; but he’s still not very good)
Intelligence – 10 (The cat’s a sponge when it comes to facts)
Agility – 6 (He IS a cat after all)
Luck – 6 (Not going to win the lottery anytime soon, but he’s not cursed)

COLOR
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Alright, looks fine to me, Absol. You are accepted and you can start posting. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Wow, lots of new cats in the 'hood! And they're all guys... :?

Anyway, welcome folks! And an extra YAY for Coatl_Ruu, I was successful in wooing you! :mrgreen:

Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Well, it can't be helped. There are more males on the Internet, and it IS easier to play a character of your own gender.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Aquablast wrote:Well, it can't be helped. There are more males on the Internet, and it IS easier to play a character of your own gender.
Yeah, I know! ;) But the only cat lady is Maple, and she's no lady yet... :P

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I should make a girl kitty. That way, all the guys cat can fawn after her, while all the guy dogs can fawn after Yukiko! :lol: I'm being totally serious
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

ctcmjh wrote:I should make a girl kitty. That way, all the guys cat can fawn after her, while all the guy dogs can fawn after Yukiko! :lol: I'm being totally serious
I can already see the love dodecahedrons... :lol:

Before I forget, a quick heads-up folks!
I'll be visiting relatives this weekend, so expect me to be gone from Saturday noon till Sunday afternoon European time / Sat dawn-morning till Sun morning-noon American time (depending on where you live). I'll try to log on if I can, but I can't promise anything. Sorry! :(
This has been a public service announcement! :)

valerio

Post by valerio »

ctcmjh wrote:I should make a girl kitty. That way, all the guys cat can fawn after her, while all the guy dogs can fawn after Yukiko! :lol: I'm being totally serious
I WANNA!!!! Genial idea! I can imagine Artemis getting all jealous of the new rival! :mrgreen:
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

lol XD :lol: ......
The Broken Fox wrote:Before I forget, a quick heads-up folks!
I'll be visiting relatives this weekend, so expect me to be gone from Saturday noon till Sunday afternoon European time / Sat dawn-morning till Sun morning-noon American time (depending on where you live). I'll try to log on if I can, but I can't promise anything. Sorry! :(
This has been a public service announcement! :)
Ah, no problem, I think valerio is visiting his mother too. I hope you have a good time!
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Aaaand first post is successfully made. Yay!
The Broken Fox wrote:Anyway, welcome folks! And an extra YAY for Coatl_Ruu, I was successful in wooing you! :mrgreen:
That reminds me: The Broken Fox gets a cookie for recruiting me pointing me this way :P
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Just a friendly reminder: Don't post too rapidly, okay? Especially now Broken Fox and Valerio are away.

I know YsF is supposed to be a fast neighbor, but giving others a chance to respond is important too.
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

So, once all the introductions and such are completed, is anyone else in favor of trying to join the two groups we seem to have going at the moment? Also:
Do it. Do iiiiiiit. :P
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:So, once all the introductions and such are completed, is anyone else in favor of trying to join the two groups we seem to have going at the moment?
I am not sure which two groups you are talking about (I haven't read it yet), but small groups have their advantage, like less people to wait before you can post and less information to track. Of course, I am not saying you can't have a big group.

Although if you are talking about joining up with the amusement park group, it probably won't be easy to join up with them. :P
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Never put too many characters in one conversation. If you have 8 people with characters in one place then you have 8 people who have to wait on each other, and the game slows to a crawl. Keep it to 5 people max, 3 and 4 being the best numbers for general daytime interaction.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
valerio

Post by valerio »

I announce that I had to edit Artemis' stats.
In nature, buzzards are STRONG raptors, that's why I chose that species in particular, but in my haste i posted the wrong strength values.
The current stats are to be considered the real ones.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Well, I don't have power here in this PF but I think that's taboo, though since it is early in the PF and maybe you got permission from one of the PF GM and not much had happened I think there should be no harm done again, I think. Though there are those that are very sensitive of the stats as they are what determines your character and changing it mid-game on a whim if it was is not something smiled on.

Well those are my thoughts at least... (Master Lies!)
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hypergenesis wrote:Well, I don't have power here in this PF but I think that's taboo, though since it is early in the PF and maybe you got permission from one of the PF GM and not much had happened I think there should be no harm done again, I think. Though there are those that are very sensitive of the stats as they are what determines your character and changing it mid-game on a whim if it was is not something smiled on.

Well those are my thoughts at least... (Master Lies!)
You are perfectly right. I wouldn't have dared such modification, if Artemis had been involved in situations strictly tied to the now-modified stats. That would've been, to say the least, cheating.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Ahem, you have to ask me for permission first BEFORE doing something like this again, Valerio.

Also I afraid I just remembered there is an extra rule for animals with natural abilities:
Main OOC wrote:-Animals with natural abilities that put them at an obvious advantage (such as a bird’s flight, or a wild cat’s claws) only get 36 points to spend rather then 42.
So I afraid you also need to cut her stats by 6 points.

But seriously, stats AREN'T everything. You should definitely play by them, but remember they are just guidelines. Yukiko can probably flip over somebody heavier than her easily with her akido. Valiant can probably lift more than Blueberry with his mechanical arm. Bora can absolutely out-fly Blueberry with her wings. And just because Blueberry has a PER of 3 doesn't mean he has bad eye sights or bad hearings.

Focusing too much on one thing is never good, just remember to keep a balance between everything AND discuss with the others first before doing anything questionable!