Pet Friendly: Oasis Towers OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

D-Singer

Re: Pet Friendly: Oasis Towers OOC

Post by D-Singer »

Guys? I really don’t mean to complain here buuutt...Did ANYONE whose characters are currently in the auditorium notice Stet AT ALLLL??? C’mon, give the dog with 10-Charisma a least a ‘little’ recognition???
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

D-Singer wrote:Guys? I really don’t mean to complain here buuutt...Did ANYONE whose characters are currently in the auditorium notice Stet AT ALLLL??? C’mon, give the dog with 10-Charisma a least a ‘little’ recognition???
I'm sorry, I can go back and edit real fast.... or you can gave him notice me.
The Game

Post by The Game »

okay, D-S i posted and you got noticed...kinda....
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Feel free to notice Ranger, he's the shy type :P
caelei

Post by caelei »

Neighborhood: Oasis Towers (main character)

Name: Jayda Grey

Species: Cat (Ragdoll)

Appearance: Jayda has long, silky white fur, with light cream-colored markings covering her ears and extending down over her eyes to her pink nose. She had the same color marking on the tip of her fluffy tail, as well. Her eyes are a bright blue (all Ragdolls have blue eyes). Instead of a collar, Jayda wears a pale pink ribbon around her neck, tied in a bow. She doesn't wear any sort of identification.

Personality: Most people would assume, from the way Jayda's mother (Lilian Grey) croons over her, that she's a spoiled cat. She's not. In actuality, Jayda somewhat despises the attention/money that her mother smothers her with. As a result, she hates it when people give her any type of gift, and usually simply shrugs them off, or gives the gift away (failing either of those, she has fun destroying what they gave her). She's prone to sneaking out her room while her mother's not paying attention, and has developed the tendency to get mad when people don't take her seriously. She's sometimes kinda obstinate, and doesn't willingly accept orders (and will sulk if she has to). She is hardly athletic, preferring to lounge around and read. One thing she loves to learn about is mechanics (though she doesn't know hardly anything about them), because her father (Maxwell Grey) is a wealthy mechanical engineer.

Other Notes:
1.) Jayda goes completely limp when someone picks her up (something that most Ragdoll cats do).
2.) Her mother tries to protect her from everything, so Jayda's never been outside.
3.) She calls her mother by her first name.
4.) Her father travels a lot on business.
5.) She lives on the 17th floor, room 1769.
6.) Jayda's declawed, front and back feet.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:

S - 4
P - 8
E - 5
C - 9
I - 6
A - 5
L - 5
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:Neighborhood: Oasis Towers (main character)

Name: Jayda Grey

Species: Cat (Ragdoll)

Appearance: Jayda has long, silky white fur, with light cream-colored markings covering her ears and extending down over her eyes to her pink nose. She had the same color marking on the tip of her fluffy tail, as well. Her eyes are a bright blue (all Ragdolls have blue eyes). Instead of a collar, Jayda wears a pale pink ribbon around her neck, tied in a bow. She doesn't wear any sort of identification.

Personality: Most people would assume, from the way Jayda's mother (Lilian Grey) croons over her, that she's a spoiled cat. She's not. In actuality, Jayda somewhat despises the attention/money that her mother smothers her with. As a result, she hates it when people give her any type of gift, and usually simply shrugs them off, or gives the gift away (failing either of those, she has fun destroying what they gave her). She's prone to sneaking out her room while her mother's not paying attention, and has developed the tendency to get mad when people don't take her seriously. She's sometimes kinda obstinate, and doesn't willingly accept orders (and will sulk if she has to). She is hardly athletic, preferring to lounge around and read. One thing she loves to learn about is mechanics (though she doesn't know hardly anything about them), because her father (Maxwell Grey) is a wealthy mechanical engineer.

Other Notes:
1.) Jayda goes completely limp when someone picks her up (something that most Ragdoll cats do).
2.) Her mother tries to protect her from everything, so Jayda's never been outside.
3.) She calls her mother by her first name.
4.) Her father travels a lot on business.
5.) She lives on the 17th floor, room 1769.
6.) Jayda's declawed, front and back feet.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:

S - 4
P - 8
E - 5
C - 9
I - 6
A - 5
L - 5
I am going to enjoy Jayda. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Our characters love each other in RV, and they're going to hate each other in OT.

Gotta love the contrast. I can't help but think you did that on purpose!
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Buckdida wrote:Our characters love each other in RV, and they're going to hate each other in OT.

Well, to be fair, your character is a downright jerk anyways. :lol:
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yay I have a character: https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 652#p53652

It'll take a while for me to join. I want to read all character sheets for the neighborhood, the 5 IC pages, which I'll do today, then probably wait for the next day to post.

Please tell me, am I allowed to have the restaurant on the second floor? Or are there just pools and meeting rooms?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Alex

Post by Alex »

Actually... I can't wait to jump in, so could anyone give a brief description of where every character is? And what time and day it is... thank you :D.
Richarson Valley

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Alex wrote:Actually... I can't wait to jump in, so could anyone give a brief description of where every character is? And what time and day it is... thank you :D.
Most of us seem to be in the auditorium.... if you want something more specific we've only been there for the last few posts :P
Alex

Post by Alex »

And where exactly is that auditorium... actually, heck, what is an auditorium? (My English sucks, I know) Wiki says it's a room that enables an audience to hear and watch performances, but what is performed in the auditorium where the pets are? I'm confused... is it a theater? A cinema?
Richarson Valley

Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Alex wrote:And where exactly is that auditorium... actually, heck, what is an auditorium? (My English sucks, I know) Wiki says it's a room that enables an audience to hear and watch performances, but what is performed in the auditorium where the pets are? I'm confused... is it a theater? A cinema?

Its generally a large room with a bunch of theater like seating facing a multi-purpose stage. It be used for concerts, recitals, plays, musicals, presentations, debates, and just about anything that has an audience. We're there mainly to just see how it is. Its on the second floor.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Oh, I see, thanks a lot :). I will make my first post now.
Richarson Valley

caelei

Post by caelei »

I am going to enjoy Jayda. :D
Our characters love each other in RV, and they're going to hate each other in OT.

Hehehehehehe! What can I say? 8-)
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
caelei

Post by caelei »

I hate to doublepost...

but just wanted to say that I added more to my first post, so... though it's a wall o' text, so I don't expect you all to read it, if you don't want to. Just know that Jayda is waiting to board the elevator...
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Changed my sheet abit, not much though (added an other note)

Also, hes 4ft tall, not 4 inches <.<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

-Name-
Aaltje Walker van de Straat, but introduces himself as Al
main character

-Species-
3/4 timber wolf, 1/4 husky

-Age-
25 dog years, ~7 human years

-Neighborhood-
Oasis Towers

-Appearance-
Al has the markings typical for a timber wolf, but he is only as big as the average dog. His fur is scruffy and sticks out a bit and he sheds almost year-round due to not being used to the heat. His collar is plain brown leather, he has no tag and the collar doesn't come off, it is permanently clasped with a blued-steel valknut(three interlocked triangles) set in the center. He often wears a bandanna and wraps his left hand and both feet when he goes out. Al seems to have some scars from a long time ago, and there is a patch of fur missing on his right leg. His expression is usually either amused or mildly interested with his ears and tail perked, he has an easy smile even though it's a bit creepy from a scar

-Personality-
Al has an easy, calm demeanor and rarely gets flustered. He seems to put out a tough exteriour and people will often think him odd at first, but that's just 'cause he has some difficulty expressing himself to strangers. Although, once you break the ice with this guy he can tend to talk too much. Al secretly loves to be affectionate, but usually lets other people approach him first. He moves with a surety and an easy grace, always aware of his surroundings.

-Other Notes-
Apartment: One bedroom, one bath, full kitchen, dining room, living room, spacious accommodations, furnished, 5th floor
Business: Al is moving to Oasis City to open a smithy/welding shop mostly doing decorative work and minor repairs. He is here to start the business up while his owner is selling his old business.

a little background: Al is a bit of a wanderer, he was born wild and remained so for almost a year before he found a nice, warm home to take him in. He couldn't stay there long, however, for he felt the now familiar wanderlust. It is evident that he has hit upon hard times in his past but he doesn't ever seem to reflect on them. His master found him happily strolling along an alley in a small town in Arizona, slightly drunk on orange soda and very dirty. The man took one look at Al and started laughing. Long story short, they got in a fight and the man ended up taking Al in, even gave him his name. The man, named Arjan Walker, was amused by the obviously down-and-out dog's swagger; walking as if he owned the place and had nary a care in the world even though he was starving.

Al is an avid Buddhist and does several soft-style martial arts whenever he can.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 5

Perception-6

Endurance- 7

Charisma-4

Intelligence- 8

Agility- 7

Luck- 5

Blargh, I think this is good, I'm open to suggestions.
Last edited by Jyoukaagje on Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
/* No Comment */
̑ͣͥ̈́͝҉̴̸̛͓̦̪̖͇̥̪̣̀͒ͮ͞ͅЂ̷͉͑ͧ͑̃ͩ̔͒͟Ҩ͙̜͚̦̦͚ͮ̍ͥ̔ͮ͂ͨ͊ͫᖅZ̫̻̻̣̹͓̫̄̄̇Ą̴̷̻͈̓̅L̰̳̱̻̔̿ͬ͊͟G͎̾͌͐O̾̂͏̣̪̯͉̞̰͘ ͕͙̹ͧ̄ᕔ̵̣̫̗̝̹̽̈͐̿̚ᙋ͍̺̙̺̳ͮ̽̀͜Ю͈͍̦̩͍̭ͥͦ̊͐ͅѨ̴͙̫̰̫͋͒͑̐͠

OT; Aaltje: S5 P6 E7 C4 I8 A7 L5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Vadiant, how big is Ryan? I mean, bats are usually small compared to cats and dogs. There's a bat drawn here, in HP style, compared to other animals - is that how big he is?
Richarson Valley

Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

*Puts on professor cap*

Well you see Alex, I'm glad you asked that! Fruit Bats, also known as Flying Foxes(Because they have more canine shaped heads) are actually pretty big, compared to your usual bats. Some have had wingspans recorded of up to seven feet long! Though the average is closer to about five feet, that's length across, so that doesn't say a whole lot about height as it is... I'd say Ryan's closer in height to the Flareon, though-- for those that don't know Pokemon, it's the red one on the bottom left. ... Yes, the second shortest character in the entire picture. xD In short-- er, in summary, he's not tiny, but he's still pretty short.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Alex

Post by Alex »

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I was imagining him as small as a mouse... so I just had to ask.
Richarson Valley

furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

ack! sorry for being away without warning guys! i feel i have failed you all... could somebody help me catch up please??
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I wish to enter with this character:

Name: Tom Wolfson

Species: 80% Siberian Husky, 15% Wolf, 5% Fox

Neighourhood: Oasis Towers (main)

Appearance: Strangely tall for a dog (5'5"), Tom has a blue front and a white back. His curled tail is ringed, a bit like a raccoon tail, with alternating blue and white rings. He has golden eyes, and a dark blue collar. His tag is a real bullet (albeit one that has already been fired, so it isn't dangerous at all). His fur is very thick and soft, much more so than usual dog fur. The thickest fur on his body is that on his tail.

Personality: Tom at first appears to be a bit of an oddity. He's taller than most dogs, with thicker fur than most dogs, and a tail that is coloured like no other dog. But once you get past these physical peculiarities, you find a dog who loves making new friends, is always willing to lend a paw when people need help, enjoys being cuddled, and is very very clever.

Other Notes: Almost all of Tom's physical features can be explained by his odd species make-up. He is 80% husky, which explains his curled tail. His large height is likely because he is 15% wolf. The thickness of his fur, in particular his tail, is probably caused by him being 5% fox. However, there is nothing that can explain the raccoon-like colouring of his tail. He isn't as strong as some dogs, which is especially odd considering that he is part wolf, but his intelligence more than makes up for his lack of strength. His tag is a bullet because his father (whose name is James Wolfson) used to work in the army. Tallness is apparently a feature of the Wolfson 'family', with James being 6'3".

STR: 5
PER: 7
END: 5
CHA: 5
INT: 10
AGI: 5
LUC: 5
Last edited by Bolly on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I see... FLUFFY HUSKY! yay
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Yay, a cuddly pet! And tall, too :3. Welcome to Oasis Towers, sir.
Richarson Valley

Jyoukaagje

Post by Jyoukaagje »

a tall, floofy husky. that likes a cuddle.

jolly good!
<--even my avatar is toasting you and exclaiming jolly good.
/* No Comment */
̑ͣͥ̈́͝҉̴̸̛͓̦̪̖͇̥̪̣̀͒ͮ͞ͅЂ̷͉͑ͧ͑̃ͩ̔͒͟Ҩ͙̜͚̦̦͚ͮ̍ͥ̔ͮ͂ͨ͊ͫᖅZ̫̻̻̣̹͓̫̄̄̇Ą̴̷̻͈̓̅L̰̳̱̻̔̿ͬ͊͟G͎̾͌͐O̾̂͏̣̪̯͉̞̰͘ ͕͙̹ͧ̄ᕔ̵̣̫̗̝̹̽̈͐̿̚ᙋ͍̺̙̺̳ͮ̽̀͜Ю͈͍̦̩͍̭ͥͦ̊͐ͅѨ̴͙̫̰̫͋͒͑̐͠

OT; Aaltje: S5 P6 E7 C4 I8 A7 L5
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

So would ya guys mind If I joined up in here too? oooor?....

what what? Jolly good time.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

No, not at all! Go ahead :3 6 slots left, or something like that (if I remember correctly from Main OOC)
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Tobee wrote:No, not at all! Go ahead :3 6 slots left, or something like that (if I remember correctly from Main OOC)
It's gonna be 5 now, remember me
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Li wrote:I like fluffy.
Li is just so silly =3 But who doesn't like fluffy?!
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Ahoy, thar, any information I need before I leap in?

Also, character sheeeeet

ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

There's a whole bunch of people in this, not sure if you're ok being in a larger RP.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

The 3-posts-per-day limit is ridiculous. I know that this isn't BsM, but still, Zander was right, this RP moves far too slowly.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well, you see, Bolly, this RP isn't really too slow. You've got other posts to read, too. And trust me, if you have two RPers who are really fired up, they can post for... 2 pages, RPing just with each other, if there wasn't a post limit.

However, I'd move it to 5 posts. That way, the speed would be good for everyone :D.
Richarson Valley

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

5 posts doesn't seem too much, In my opinion that is :3
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I haven't posted in the last few days because I'm waiting for D-Singer respond to my one question xD After that I'll branch out and get more involved.
Jimmy Jazz

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

ArgentFlame wrote:There's a whole bunch of people in this, not sure if you're ok being in a larger RP.
Well the reason for that was because it was like this...

but I think since this one has a post limit it won't be as bad.

and I was talking more about like what floor I should move in on or where the places the characters are.
Last edited by Jimmy Jazz on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Dusty wrote:I haven't posted in the last few days because I'm waiting for D-Singer respond to my one question xD After that I'll branch out and get more involved.

My apologies everyone, lately my motivation has been sapped by writers block.
But I got it back!

Expect a post in both RV an OT very soon...
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

D-Singer wrote:
Dusty wrote:I haven't posted in the last few days because I'm waiting for D-Singer respond to my one question xD After that I'll branch out and get more involved.

My apologies everyone, lately my motivation has been sapped by writers block.
But I got it back!

Expect a post in both RV an OT very soon...
No problem xD Best way to get through writers block is to write thought it :P
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Okay guys (Kalvin),seriously....Why do people keep ignoring me in OT???

Do I really need to ask this much or should I just bring Stet’s charisma down a few points to make it look normal? :|