D&D 3.5 campaign: Adventures in Kallyria

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

D&D 3.5 campaign: Adventures in Kallyria

Post by ctcmjh »

~June, the Third, in the year 578 PC~

As the sun rose in the sky, the citizens of Endomir rose as well. Endomir was always busy, day and night. It was the largest city in the North West Coast of Kallyria. It was a huge trading center, and it housed the Kallyrian Royal Navy. Ships from across the world were docked in its harbors, bringing goods, people, beasts and knowledge.

The city is divided into four sections; North, South, East and West. The Western part of the city is entirely residential, with the lower class neighborhoods, slums and some parts of the middle class neighborhoods. The Eastern part of the city is considered the Official city. The Upper-class neighborhoods, the Duke’s Manor, and military buildings can be found here. The Southern Part of the City is almost an even split between farms, and service buildings, such as inns, repair shops, and infirmaries. The Northern part of the City is the true heart of the city. The market, middle class neighborhoods and harbor make up the Western Section.

The population of Endomir is mainly Human, but there are still many Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings living there. Visitors of many different races are very common. The military has imported many Nemarians that have been captured and turned into workers. Nearly all of these workers speak no language but their natural language.
Zack_the_husky

Re: D&D 3.5 campaign: Adventures in Kallyria

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius doubted that the people in the town didn't notice him. As he walked through the bustling city, there were probably people staring him. After all, who wouldn't be noticing a guy wearing Black? Either way, he soon stopped. Coming from Talus, he REALLY had no idea where to go. He looked around the square, to see if there were any people who might be knowledgeable about various places in the city.
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As you look around the square, trying to find somebody to help you, a man your age notices you. He walks up to you and extends his hand, "You look lost, do you need any help?" The man wore a red traveler's outfit, and had a rapier at his side. He had black hair and had an eyepatch over his left eye.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

As Kuraius looked around, he noticed a man about his age coming toward him. Lowering his hood abit, He shakes the man's hand and says, "Thanks. Yes, I'm from Talus and don't really know much about this town. Do you know where I could find the tavern?"

(Do I need to roll again, or was my last roll for this?)
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

(Your roll counts for this too)
"Okay then, follow me." He said. The man leads you down the streets, and to a tavern that was nearby. He sits at a table and motions for Karaius to sit down.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

The half-elf followed him, and, then when the man motioned for him to sit down, he sat down across the table from him. He looks around abit to see if anything interesting is going on.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

As Karaius looks around the bar, Karaius sees that it's mainly filled with Dwarves and Humans. There are a few Elves in there as well. The bartender was serving drinks to some customers at the counter. There are four men that look like they're watching the place.
-
The man looks at Karaius and smiles, "My name is Lorin. Lorin Dren. What's yours?" He asked. As a barmaid walked to the table, Lorin tells her, "I'll have the usual. What do you want?" He asked Karaius.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius couldn't help but sneer alittle at the sight of the elves. Those miserable pointy-eared freaks were what he considered the worst of the worst. Then, again, he had both elf DNA, and, the pointy ears too. Anyway, he turned back to Lorin when he began talking. "Oh, uh, I'm Kuraius, son of Rolus." When he was asked what he wanted to drink, he said, "Um, something non-alcoholic. I don't really have the stomach for beer. So, um, anyway, Lorin...Do you know much about those four guys that are watching the place?"

(Gonna make a gather info check.)
Last edited by Zack_the_husky on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"Oh them?" There was a small pause, "I have no idea." Lorin told him. The barmaid came back holding a pint of ale, and a large glass with some reddish juice in it. It smelled and tasted sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. Lorin took a sip of his ale.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius couldn't help but frown alittle, as he learned that the man he just met didn't seem to know a thing. Getting up, he said, "Um, I'm going to ask around about stuff. I'll be back." Then, walking away alittle, he began to look around. Maybe to see if there was an experienced bartender or Barmaid who might know about the four figures.

(Going to do a spot check.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

You see the bartender at the bar. He is currently not busy, and there is an open stool at the bar.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

As Kuraius noticed the bartender, he walked over and sat at the vacant stool. Lorin didn't know anything, so, this guy was possibly his best chance at getting some info on the four guys. "Hey, um, what do you know about those four guys over there?" He pointed with his left thumb at them.

(Going to do a gather info check.)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred wandered through the crowded streets, this being his first visit to Endomir. He was unsure where he should head first.

(Sorry, that's all I got. I'll make a longer post next time.)
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@Zack- The bartender looks at you, then he looks at the men. He looks back to you, "Those guys? Well, we have an agreement. They keep an eye on my bar and make sure nobody causes any trouble, and I let 'em hang out here all day. I don't know much about them, but I'm pretty sure they're doing something illegal, if you ask me." The bartender told him quietly.
--------------------
@Dr. Prower- As you walk into the city, it's bustling with activity and you nearly get swept along by the crowd. You see a bar off in the distance that looks like it would be a safe place to get away from the huge crowd.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred enters the bar and looks around at all the patrons seated inside. He walks over to the bartender and takes a seat on one of the vacant bar stools, intent on asking a few questions after the bartender is done dealing with the other patrons.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius looked back at the men and said, "They do look alittle shifty..." He had noticed that someone else had sat down in one of the vacant seats, but, he didn't think that whoever it was was importnant, at the moment. He got up, and, started moving silently, about half his speed, hoping to get into listening range without them taking notice of him.

(Going to do a move silently check, which will be opposed by listening checks.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@ Dr. Prower- As the bartender finishes talking with the man who just left, he turns to you, "Welcome to the Mud Puddle, what's yer poison?" The bartender asked.
---------------------
@Zack- Two of the men are talking, and pay no attention to you as you get closer. The first man is a large human, with half-plate armor and a longsword. The second man is an elf wearing robes and carrying a staff. You are now within hearing range, and listen to their conversation. "Hey, why do you think the boss was talking to that guy?" The first man says, pointing to Lorin, "I don't know, maybe he's trying to recruit him?" "That might be. I hope he'll join. We lost a few of our best men in that last raid."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius frowned. The second person looked to be an elf, which he probably was. However, he couldn't help but focus on the words said between them more. He smirked. This could very well mean work for them. However, it probably wasn't the best for him to just go up to them and tell them that he was listening. Even if he told them that he was Rolus' son, they still might not recruit him. So, he had to make the atmosphere in the place alittle more...Enjoyable. Walking up to an open area of the place, he suddenly began singing about his life, including his birth, how he was half-elven and how much that ******, and, how his father was the great Rolus, who was obviously blind when he decided to marry his mom, who cheated on him. Also, he inserted his love for spiders and his life as a ranger.

(Going to do a perform check.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@Zack- The entire bar stops what they're doing to listen to your song. Nearly all of the patrons enjoy your song, and many began to dance and sing along with you. The bartender really enjoyed how you livened his bar, as more people from outside enter the bar to see your performance and buy drinks. 23 silver pieces are thrown onto the stage.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius smiled, and took a bow. "Thank you, thank you, you're too kind." Then, he grabbed the silver pieces on the floor, and, placed them in one of his pockets. Then, deciding that now was probably as good a time as any, he walked over to the four and said, "Hey. I heard from someone that you guys were recruiting. Well, I'm a ranger, good with a bow, have a decent amount of skills, and, also somewhat decent with a blade too. So, I could probably help you with whatever you need help with. Whatta ya say?"

(Gonna make Diplomacy check.)
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@Zack- The men look at you and nod. They lead you back to Lorin and motion for you to take a seat. Lorin smiles at you, "So, you wish to work for me?" He says as he eyes your weapons, "You seem like you could handle yourself. Tell you what; I'll send you on a little errand. If you complete it, then you're hired. Deal?" Lorin asks.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred looks at the bartender and replies, "I'll take whatever you have." He looked around the place once more and asked, "Where would be the best place to earn some extra money? I could use some work."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius seemed abit surprised that they lead him over to Lorin, but, he went over and sat down, anyway. Then, once Lorin explained to him that if he did something for him he would be hired. Smiling abit, he said, "Deal. What's the errand?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@ Dr. Prower- The bartender hands you a pint of ale and shrugs, "Beats me. You'd be better off askin' someone else." The bartender says as he pours another customer a pint of ale. He turns to Jarred and says, "That's 6 copper pieces, by the way."
--------------------
@Zack- Lorin leaned forward, so as not to be overheard, "Okay then. We have discovered that one of our messengers has been captured by some soldiers. They're holding him captive in an outpost outside of the city. I want you to bring him back alive. If he's no longer alive, then I need you to bring back all of the documents he was carrying." Lorin told Kuraius, quietly. He looked around the bar, "You're welcome to bring along anyone you choose. And if you're successful, I'll offer them a job as well. I'll allow two of my men to accompany you. It's your choice as to whom." The four men behind Lorin looked at Kuraius. The first was a Human cleric, wearing half-plate and carrying a Mace. The second was an elf druid, wearing robes and wielding a quarterstaff. The third was a halfling rouge, wearing leather armor with two daggers at his sides. The last was a Dwarven fighter in half-plate, wielding a warhammer.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jarred gives the bartender the six copper pieces and begins to look around the room again, trying to decide if anyone around is worth asking about getting some work.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

The half-elf nodded and said, "Got it." Now, he just needed to find someone so he wouldn't have to go this alone. Getting up, he looked around...Until he spotted some guy who appeared to have a mace and a crossbow. Walking over to him, he said, "Hey, you look you're someone who needs a job."
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Yes, I am looking for some work," Jarred replied, standing up from his seat. "Are you hiring?"
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"I know someone who is. He asked me to him a favor in order to get a job with him, and, he says I can bring someone along with me, and, if we're successful, they get hired too." Then, he looked around, and, then started whispering. "Ok, that guy, in the red outfit-" He pointed toward Lorin with his thumb. "-He's the one. Anyway, he wants me to bring back a messenger of his that's apparently in an outpost outside of the city. And, if the messenger's no longer alive, he wants me to bring back the documents he was carrying. Does that sound like an interesting test job to you?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Yeah, that sounds like a good job for me. Now, what's your name? I am Jarred."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"I'm Kuraius, Son of Rolus, the one who slayed the terrorizing dragon. Anyway, shall we head over to our, um, possible employer?"
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Lead the way, Kuraius," Jarred said, eager to begin his task. "How much do you think we will get paid for this?"
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"Who knows? We have to complete the rescue job, first." Then, walking over to Lorin's table again, he said, "Ok, I've got someone who wants to work for you too, and, as for your two men who I'll bring, ummm........" Then, he looked at the four again. "I'll take the human and the dwarf. I don't need a druid." Then, he muttered, "Not like I'd take him, anyway..." "And, I can do some pretty rogueish things myself, so, I don't need the halfling, either. All I need is a cleric, to heal incase things get bad, and, a fighter, to handle most of the melee stuff."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Lorin nods, "Okay then. The outpost is a few hours south of here. I expect to see good results." Lorin says as he stands up and walks out of the bar and towards the docks. The cleric and fighter stay behind, and wait for orders. The Human cleric looks at Kuraius, "My name is Ailen, and this is Rodic. We're under your command." Ailen says. Rodic simply nods.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Kuraius smiled. "Ok, Ailen, Rodic. Well, we'll be heading off right away. We probably don't need supplies for the journey. Anyway, when we leave the city, Rodic's in front, I'm somewhat behind him, Ailen, you'll be in the very back, and, Jarred...Um, wait...Jarred, what are you exactly? A spellcaster or something?"
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Kat entered the bar in an escape from the crowded street. and took a look around for something that may be of profit.
(Perception(spot) Check)
~Rubin
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@ Zack- Rodic and Ailen nod as they walk to their respective stations.
--------------------
@ Rubin- You look around the bar and see a wealthy man exit the tavern followed by an elf in robes and a halfling in leather armor. You also see a group of four men: A half elf, two humans and a dwarf that all look like they're ready for battle. You see that the bartender noticed you come in.
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

I approach the half-elf and and ask, "You look like your about to have some fun! is it anything I might turn a coin at?
(Diplomacy check, and, if I can do multiple checks, Sense motive)
~Rubin
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

@Zack, "Yes," Jarred responded, "I am a spellcaster."
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

(Eh, you don't really need to do checks when you're talking to other PCs...)

Kuraius turned to face some girl who had approached him...And, saw that she was a half-elf herself. At least, she LOOKED like a half-elf. He frowned. He thought about turning her away, but...there was something about her that made him think twice about it. After all, it wasn't like she was FULL elf. "Ummmmm....I suppose you could come with us." Then, he turned toward Jarred. "Then, you can be infront of Ailen." Then, he turned back to the girl. "Anyway, you mind if I ask your name?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

@ Party- Ailen moves so Kat can take her spot.
(You guys are talking with eachother, so you don't need me to tell you anything. Unless I make a random encounter pop up. :twisted: )