PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by The Moon Howler »

well, at least I tried
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

See, I told you, one of my characters was just gonna run into him. Bam. Just like that.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Moon Howler and HarlequinRed, you're posting way to much WITHOUT the third person in your little group. I suggest you stop and let them post before leaving them so far behind that they aren't even included anymore. You two are getting close to the point of no return, it's not easy to post for your character when they were forgotten about for 6+ posts.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Wait... They've been posting? I've been on the run for the past 3 days, this is the first chance I've had to check back in. I told that to Moon...
*goes to check the thread*
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Rook

Post by Rook »

Hey guys! I'm pulling Rook and Sergei from Brookshire! It was a fun run, but I want to try my luck in Aceros!
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Moon Howler and HarlequinRed
I can't think of ANYTHING to make Sid's continued presence make sense, so I posted something to untie you guys. I would have much preferred that you followed the rules, however, and actually WAITED the couple of days it would've taken me to post, then I wouldn't be taking out a character I've been wanting to bring back in again. I'm actually a bit annoyed at you for this: I've been out all day every day for the past week, and I figured that I'd be able to slip in a post every 2 or 3 days for the brief period of time when I wasn't able to even touch my computer, but not if you guys have half a page of stuff for me to try and react to.

Lemme quote the rule post for you:
Give others a chance to respond. This is really annoying, especially in the middle of the day/morning. (American time) Not everyone can be on at all times, and when you start leaving people's characters behind, it's a problem. If someone takes less than a day to post, you need to wait. Only when it's been several days is it acceptable to do something to free up your character.
You two posted 7 times in one day, and that's after I made a post less than 12 hours before. Neko had to tell you two to stop, otherwise you'd have probably wandered off completely. I came back after a couple of days to find that you guys were FAR ahead of where I'd been, even though I'd told Moon Howler multiple times over Skype that I was really busy and would get to it when I had the time. 2 days is not an unreasonable wait time, and you didn't even wait 1. Not only that, but Moon Howler didn't even mention to me that you'd gone ahead on me over Skype, which would've at least been common courtesy if you were purposefully leaving me behind.

So let me just state this for you: The rule is there for a reason, don't break it again. You didn't even give me a chance to respond there, let alone wait the couple of days for me to pop back in. Rushing ahead in a matter of hours isn't fair to do to ANY player, and I wouldn't have done it to you. How am I supposed to work cooperatively with you if I can't even trust you to give me time to post when things come up? Or even let me post in general?

Edit: just to be clear.
Harlequin, this isn't me telling you to leave or anything. You're roleplaying just fine, but you NEED to be more mindful of who else is in your group.
Moon Howler, you're alot more experienced and should've known better, or at least TOLD ME.
Rook wrote:Hey guys! I'm pulling Rook and Sergei from Brookshire! It was a fun run, but I want to try my luck in Aceros!
Hi Rook. Why are you doing this?

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent comment, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Yeah sorry about that I didn't know you'd be out for that long. But to be frank if you told The Moon Howler this and if he stopped posting I would've stopped posting in turn. I can't read minds here. Not to throw blame around though mustve been a miscommunication or something.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HarlequinRed wrote:Yeah sorry about that I didn't know you'd be out for that long. But to be frank if you told The Moon Howler this and if he stopped posting I would've stopped posting in turn. I can't read minds here. Not to throw blame around though mustve been a miscommunication or something.
Read the edit I just made. Feel free to get on IRC to bug me...

Edit: Though to quote Neko over IRC:
[04:08] <AJ> "I can't read minds here."
[04:08] <AJ> he apparently can't read rules either.
This was mentioned in the rules, which ere written after some people had done this a few times. It doesn't matter that Moon Howler kept posting like that, you shouldn't've done it either.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Good morning, everyone. RockstarRaccoon is correct. It is your responsibility to read and familiarize yourself with the neighborhood rules.

This is not the first time, The Moon Howler, I recall having a discussion with you over leaving someone behind. Please do not do so again; otherwise, a warning level will be added to your account.

Harlequin Red, as this is your first infraction, you get off with a stern advisement to ensure you understand all forum, section, and neighborhood rules. I know it is easy to get carried away, but the rules are there for a reason.

RockstarRaccoon, role playing section rules dictate one should announce protracted absence in the Main Out-of-Character thread. If this had been done, we may have avoided the situation we find ourselves in. Not to diminish the others' violations of neighborhood rules, but please make every effort to let us know when you are away. If you are unable to post, perhaps someone would be willing to make an announcement for you.

I feel this is a valuable learning experience and trust there will be no further need for moderators to intervene. A communication breakdown can mean only one thing - invasion.

Wait, that's the wrong movie. Let's all strive for harmony, hmm? Feel free to PM me directly with any questions or concerns, as your section mods are mostly out of service at the moment.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

or PM me, as I'm a mod that's highly active here.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Alright, won't happen again.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

*PMs Dissension about "stepping in" to "resolve" other people's problems*

Ok, because Moon Howler asked, I posted something in response to EVERYTHING that happened. I'm gonna go ahead and go with this for now, but if you guys rush ahead again, I'm gonna have him leave.

I have to be somewhere in an hour, so I won't be on again until later tonight. Like, maybe 12:00. I'll post again then if you guys have posted.

Edit: OHAI Harlequin, you should probably use IRC or Skype...
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Never used or heard of IRC (forgive me if that's like a big internet thing ^^; )

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hi guys. So... I don't, like, start rushing ahead when I'm waiting for you... So... I'd appreciate if you'd not post double in the first day, as it's a bit confusing...
Especially when I'm on the forums and posting....

HarlequinRed> there's a thread about the IRC somewhere... Might be linked in the rules at the beginning of this thread...

Edit: also by the way, I should point out that that comment that Sid just made is BARELY within the rating cap (according to me and a couple of moderators), so... Don't snowball it any further. I had him say it just because it was so funny and exactly what he was thinking. Also, don't go any further in the future...
The Game

Post by The Game »

Quick question...

Where is Alex's party taking place (his house or in a different place)? I couldn't quite tell in the earlier posts.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

his house.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
TheSilentChoice

Post by TheSilentChoice »

Not sure why, but for some reason my mind was telling me to not log on today, as if logging on today would cause my computer to implode and rip a hole in the fabric of reality......in a side not....I think that fabric is a very fancy tapestry....that is all.
Needless~ (By Me)
We laughed at him because he was different,
He laughed at us because we were the same,
We chided him for his mind,
He chided us for ours were all the same,
We will never laugh the same way again,
He will never laugh again.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

I'm back everyone! :D

>.>

<.<

Sorry for...being away for so long? D:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Is Alex hitting on Alana? cause they would make a good couple: both their RPers are prone to disappearance without warning. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

simple things wrote:Sorry for...being away for so long? D:
*starts kicking Simple repeatedly* ABSENCE, ABSENCE!!
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
simple things wrote:Sorry for...being away for so long? D:
*starts kicking Simple repeatedly* ABSENCE, ABSENCE!!
Says the king of only RPing one character at a time.
The Game

Post by The Game »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Is Alex hitting on Alana? cause they would make a good couple: both their RPers are prone to disappearance without warning. :lol:
oh hush

@RockstarRaccoon, by "people he [Butch] didn't know", were you talking about Alana, Alexander, and Varg, or someone else? I don't know if Alana should reply to what he said...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Game> No. In fact, I thought I specifically said he's NOT talking to them. I don't know who he's talking to, I was hoping one of the other characters could just sorta pick it up for me...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, that leaves Mystic I guess. because Rion and Alana are both in groups with people Butch knows, so I'd assume you'd say you were talking to them instead.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

What about Rion?

Edit: basically, Butch is walking AWAY from Alexander and TOWARDS some random pet he doesn't know. Doesn't matter who.
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

OH...OHHH i see...

Ohhhhh **** >.>

Mah bayyad.. v.v

I guess i'll...

.... shoot v.v

Uh... I'll have to edit my post i think... >.>

Mod Edit: Please do not evade the profanity filter.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Harlequin, after a few posts of other arcs, it's polite to use the Quote button to quote the post you're responding to. Otherwise, we have to search back a page or two....

Edit: Wait... Nevermind, I didn't see that he was in the post before that...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Bad news for Therin: Sam has a VERY clear physical advantage, and is probably going to win any physical competition no matter what. Looks like someone's going to be embarrassed in a few posts...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Is it just me, or is YSF really slow?

I'm also curious about how many people are active in BSM right now, as it doesn't seem like there is a lot...

Feels as if myself, Rockstar, Raz, Silent, and leaf are the only real active members at the moment.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'd be active but Raccoon is putting my character on hold until the YsF merger happens.
and yes, that's going really slow.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I'm going to start kicking Simple Things and the gang more when I've got this Moderator thing down...

In the mean time, I'm going to TRY and keep posting, but this is going to hog some of my time, and I'm also going to be away all weekend to visit relatives.
TheSilentChoice

July 8th through July 30th I'll be on my vacation and internetually unreachable and junk. So, I'll be inactive.
Needless~ (By Me)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

K, just get your character out of play by then...
TheSilentChoice

Working on it.
Needless~ (By Me)
Neko

Post by Neko »

TheSilentChoice wrote:Working on it.
You don't really need to get rid of him, if you don't want. Sam doesn't exactly have anyone else to interact with anyways, and the RP isn't moving all that fast.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, but that's a pretty long period of time.
another option is giving temporary control of your character to another player.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

sorry for disappearing, my router broke down and a new one just came in this weekend
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

honestly I forgot about you. sorry.
I guess you just disappear often enough that I'm used to it or something.

but welcome back. ^_^
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Game

Post by The Game »

har-dee-har-har
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

hey, I said sorry.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets