PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

CY_Law

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by CY_Law »

thrasherblades wrote:Alright people the BBQ is now open and so is Mr Shepard's underground shooting range. Shep and the rest of the pets will be approaching your homes to invite you guys. Feel free to join!

Cheers ;)
SO do we need to request here to "get invited"? If so, I'm in :P (just in case you don't know...)
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

By the way, being the GM, I've decided it's my job to give you guys random weather to make things more interesting.
The weather in Brookshire is starting to get cloudy this afternoon. It looks like it's going to rain. (PS: the Morning Forecast on TV didn't know about this, it was supposed to rain later in the night and into the morning, but the winds have sped up, so nobody knows now.)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

So, I like what's going on with Sid, Sam, and Zeke:
Zeke's been going after Sam since day 1, because she was the first female fox he'd met and he had a youthful crush on her. Sam does not return it: Zeke has done nothing to gain her affection in that way, because he hasn't worked up the courage to pursue her, and doesn't know how anyway.
Now Sid shows up: him and Sam were pretty much made for each other through no fault of the creators. They are each other's types, almost to the letter. Now Sid and Sam are going out and Zeke is left in the dust. Sid will not back down on Sam: he's already dating her and isn't going to just give her up if Zeke works up some courage and asks.

THAT is how teen-relationships function. THAT is how romantic drama functions. Now we wait for some awesome entertainment...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:So, I like what's going on with Sid, Sam, and Zeke:
Zeke's been going after Sam since day 1, because she was the first female fox he'd met and he had a youthful crush on her. Sam does not return it: Zeke has done nothing to gain her affection in that way, because he hasn't worked up the courage to pursue her, and doesn't know how anyway.
Now Sid shows up: him and Sam were pretty much made for each other through no fault of the creators. They are each other's types, almost to the letter. Now Sid and Sam are going out and Zeke is left in the dust. Sid will not back down on Sam: he's already dating her and isn't going to just give her up if Zeke works up some courage and asks.

THAT is how teen-relationships function. THAT is how romantic drama functions. Now we wait for some awesome entertainment...
Yea, real teen Drama! COUGHenyajacobshepjoyCOUGH
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

You want drama?

I can give you drama.

And it comes in the form of stuff breaking.

I warn thee to be careful what plot elements one might introduce...

Muhahaha...

MUHAhaha...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also you said there could be Pete...like...stuff...and my character would actually probably be the best one to bring it, if we decide to do so sometime in the future.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Zander

Post by Zander »

Buckdida wrote:You want drama?

I can give you drama.

And it comes in the form of stuff breaking.

I warn thee to be careful what plot elements one might introduce...

Muhahaha...

MUHAhaha...

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also you said there could be Pete...like...stuff...and my character would actually probably be the best one to bring it, if we decide to do so sometime in the future.
*coughRocky and Joy switching bodies, or Joy and Shep switching bodies, or Enya and Jacob switching bodies, or Enya and Joy switching bodiescough*
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Zander wrote:*cough Rocky and Joy switching bodies, or Joy and Shep switching bodies, or Enya and Jacob switching bodies, or Enya and Joy switching bodies cough*
lolwut?
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Hope this is acceptable.
I wrote:Gonna try out this wild animal business.

-Name-
Pifer

-Character Type-
Main

-Species-
Weasel

-Age-
7(24.5)

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
Pifer is a slender creature, long and thin. He stands at just under 3 feet tall, but usually stands slightly hunched at around 2'7". His fur is mainly brown, save his light-tan underbelly and white "mask" fur. He seemes scrawny but has powerful muscles stretched across his long frame. His long tail has a near-black "puff" at the end, and he is missing half of his right ear.

-Personality-
Pifer is remarkably relaxed for a weasel. While he still gets the "gitters", he can mainly be seen acting like any other animal. In stressful situations, however, Pifer can't be still. At least one part of his body can always be seen moving. Pifer is a friendly feral. At least he tries to be. He is wary of strangers at first, of course, having lived by himself his entire life, but has grown to like some of the more open-minded housepets. Pifer has a dark side, however. When he or any of his loved ones are threatened, his animal instincts kick in, and he becomes a "wild" animal.

-Other Notes-
-his hearing is completely unaffected by his injured ear
-has a silver collar with metal studs that he found in a dumpster. He can often be seen with this when he is exploring residential areas
-can easily "slip out of" tight spaces due to his slender frame

-SPECIAL-
S-8 P-8 E-6 C-4 I-3 A-8 L-5
Last edited by JOFOXX on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zander wrote:Rocky and Joy switching bodies, or Joy and Shep switching bodies, or Enya and Jacob switching bodies, or Enya and Joy switching bodies
This is good material. Bucky, make Trinket do it.
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Zander wrote:Rocky and Joy switching bodies, or Joy and Shep switching bodies, or Enya and Jacob switching bodies, or Enya and Joy switching bodies
This is good material. Bucky, make Trinket do it.

its too late for you, me and Thrasher chatted and decided that Shep And Joy will switch bodies, i already PM'ed Bucky

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zander wrote:Shep And Joy will switch bodies, i already PM'ed Bucky
Sweet. I was thinking that'd be the best switch. Maybe they break Trinket's collar and the resulting blast magically switches them?
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Sweet. I was thinking that'd be the best switch. Maybe they break Trinket's collar and the resulting blast magically switches them?
Holy POTATO that sounds epic!
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I'll just use this for Pifer.

Code: Select all

[color=#800080][/color]
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:its too late for you, me and Thrasher chatted and decided that Shep And Joy will switch bodies, i already PM'ed Bucky
EPIC!
RockstarRaccoon wrote:By the way, being the GM, I've decided it's my job to give you guys random weather to make things more interesting.
The weather in Brookshire is starting to get cloudy this afternoon. It looks like it's going to rain. (PS: the Morning Forecast on TV didn't know about this, it was supposed to rain later in the night and into the morning, but the winds have sped up, so nobody knows now.)
Rain on the day of the barbeque...awww...
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Dr. Prower wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:By the way, being the GM, I've decided it's my job to give you guys random weather to make things more interesting.
Yep! Fun Fun Fun! :D
I'd like for Rikki to show up and Sid start a game of "Never did I ever" to have them get to know each other, if we can make that work.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Yep! Fun Fun Fun! :D
I'd like for Rikki to show up and Sid start a game of "Never did I ever" to have them get to know each other, if we can make that work.
It'd be humorous to see Rikki and Pifer together again at the BBQ.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:
Yep! Fun Fun Fun! :D
I always heard it was called "I never".
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

I kinda felt a small requirement to show the Stripes's sports cars... mainly cause I never specified color... anyway...

Mr. Stripes's Lamborghini

Mrs. Stripes's Ferrari
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

The Lambo is pretty wicked. The Ferrari... wow... just wow.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

PINK FERRARI!
Neko

Post by Neko »

@ Thrasher/Prower

You guys need to get to inviting the other pets, I know Xuan's and Si'ds group are waiting to be invited, Both groups are outside waiting to get invited...
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Neko wrote:@ Thrasher/Prower

You guys need to get to inviting the other pets, I know Xuan's and Si'ds group are waiting to be invited, Both groups are outside waiting to get invited...
We're working on it; weekends have been slow for us, since I'm not usually on in the mornings Saturday and Sunday.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Neko wrote:@ Thrasher/Prower

We're working on it; weekends have been slow for us, since I'm not usually on in the mornings Saturday and Sunday.
I'm on most of the time on Saturday and Sunday the only thing thats stopping me Is that other players are not online.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
My thoughts to this: Too much in one day!

The party goes on for two days, and I think that the rain would hamper what kind of crazy could happen. Also, Trinket missing two things at once would not end well for ANYone at the shooting range. It would be best if we held off until "tomorrow," I think. It also gives something to look forward to.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Buckdida wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
My thoughts to this: Too much in one day!

The party goes on for two days, and I think that the rain would hamper what kind of crazy could happen. Also, Trinket missing two things at once would not end well for ANYone at the shooting range. It would be best if we held off until "tomorrow," I think. It also gives something to look forward to.
Deal. *Punches a wall*

I have no idea why i did that.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Buckdida wrote:The party goes on for two days, and I think that the rain would hamper what kind of crazy could happen. Also, Trinket missing two things at once would not end well for ANYone at the shooting range. It would be best if we held off until "tomorrow," I think. It also gives something to look forward to.
Yes, Yes, I agree. Let's not do that right now: too many arcs going on. Just wait for them all to converge on the party, then we'll have enough chaos, especially when it rains. (I won't tell you when that's going to happen, only that it's cloudy right now and the morning forecast said it wouldn't rain until tomorrow morning.)
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Kytes is being all asleep next to the tree cause I can't think of anything for him to do until the BBQ thing, so really he just needs the invite...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, so we've run into a bit of a dilemma with stats for developing characters. I'm not really that into the stats, seeing as this isn't a math-based RP, but I figured we should bring it up anyway.

Characters like Rikki, Darin, and Pifer have low ints, specifically because they are wild and don't know how to read or function in human society, even though they are smart and knowledgeable in being a wild-animal. Rikki is about to learn how to read, which will mean his 4 won't make sense anymore, because he'll know the things he didn't.

What I'm thinking is that an illiterate animal who learns how to sound out words gains 1 point to int. They get another point when they learn to read well, and one more when they are actually knowledgeable in human society. I should note that this would open us up for other stat-increases for development, like Darin gaining some str if he grows up.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

Edit: as Jofoxx just brought up, Stats would decrease under this system too.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I think that sounds really good. It's more realistic to have the stats increase/decrease as the character develops.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Wow... no one actually was invited to the BBQ.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Well knowing that there are a few arcs going on I am doing the BBQ for another day so that I can actually invite you guys. And uh...I also have no idea where Sid's house is :oops:
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

JOFOXX wrote:Wow... no one actually was invited to the BBQ.
Look at my latest update to the TOC, lol. "But they ended up not inviting anyone, oh well!" Though FELIX, the only one who wasn't originally involved, dragged Rocky to it.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

thrasherblades wrote:Well knowing that there are a few arcs going on I am doing the BBQ for another day so that I can actually invite you guys. And uh...I also have no idea where Sid's house is :oops:
No. What you do is you interrupt those arcs.
- Xuan's group is heading to his house, stalling for time while they wait for you. GO INVITE THEM.
- Zuchinni is out wandering about. Run into him and INVITE HIM.

- Rikki and Pifer are prowling the neighborhood. Pifer is going to smell the food. Rikki's going to follow Pifer there.
- Sid's group just took in Cale. They're going to follow Rocky, getting there eventually.
- Trinket and Kytes are looking for Sid before the poltergeist of One Ear comes out of the yarn ball and hurts Kytes. They might not make it, but if they do, expect drama.

- Flake is going on vacation. He's not coming.
- Frank and Matt are out of town. They aren't coming.
- Darin and Taku are at the Ranger's Station. Not coming either.

Everyone will get there before the day ends. Don't worry. Just role with it.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Ok everyone, I'm letting this be a vote. I already have 3 characters, creating a 4th... I believe I can handle it but if you have any objections of the sort I understand. This character came to me when I was speaking to RockStarRaccoon.

Name - Meeka Coolie

Gender- Female

Species - Raccoon

Age - 16 (4 In human Years)

Neighborhood - Brookshire Meadows

Appearance - Meeka consists of Dark brown fur, a lighter shade of brown for her stripes. She has the typical black mask around her eyes, with her paws being black tipped along with her tail. Her stomach is the brightest part of her body consisting of a light brown. The closest way to describe her eyes is a light purple, she wears a purple collar that compliments her eyes. The tag on her collar is a plain silver circle, Meeka always keeps it nice and shiny.

Personality - She is very inquisitive, some what of an explorer. She loved to climb all the different trees in her old neighborhood. She is a bit mischievous, but really smart and always happy to make new friends.

Back Story: (Warning, SPOILERS)
Meeka started out as a feral Raccoon, though she doesn't remember her life as a feral. Her human parents found her in the woods behind their house with no signs of her real parents, Meeka was barely 6 months old. They contacted authorities but the raccoon parents were never found, so the young couple who found her adopted her and raised her. The only thing connecting her to her past is her name, which was one of the few words she knew how to say. They raised her, taught her how to read and write, and loved her like she was their own child.

Other Notes -

-She knows how to read and write well.

-Likes to spend her time running around outside with friends, any outdoor activities in general.

-On a rainy day she likes to sit inside and read a good book, or watch nature shows on the TV.

SPECIAL -
Str = 5
Per = 8
End = 5
Cha = 7
Int = 7
Agl = 6
Luk = 4

If this does get accepted....Well I don't have a color. *Looks at RockstarRaccoon*
Last edited by Neko on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Neko wrote:If this does get accepted....Well I don't have a color. *Looks at RockstarRaccoon*
You can have #804000, because she's brown.

Just don't introduce her any time soon please, you just introduced Darin, and he's been a bit of a handful...
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

*thumbs up*
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Neko wrote:If this does get accepted....Well I don't have a color. *Looks at RockstarRaccoon*
You can have #804000, because she's brown.

Just don't introduce her any time soon please, you just introduced Darin, and he's been a bit of a handful...
Darin just needs love :D
DarkHeartsAndSuch

go for it...

RP Characters
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

You've got three mains already. I say no, because that's just too many characters.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Buckdida wrote:You've got three mains already. I say no, because that's just too many characters.
I agree. Hold off for a while on this character. We still haven't found stable lodging for Darin, and Sam's just become a focus, getting herself caught up with Sid.

--------

In other news, I've created a sheet for Taku, because he may be a major character now.
Name - Taku
Species - Raccoon (North American)
Age - 15 (4.25 human years)
Gender - Male
Neighborhood - Brookshire Meadows
Appearance - Mid-sized, Gray and brown, North American Raccoon. Looks very similar to Rikki except he is younger, smaller, and doesn't have any scars.
Personality - Taku has a long way to go before he's like his father. He's old enough and smart enough to live on his own, but hasn't fully matured. Rikki hoped he would find a mate and have kids, thinking that it will make him grow up, however, Taku is currently injured, and may not be released back into the wild until next winter.
Other Notes - Rikki's immature and unlucky son, and has spent his entire life in the wild, unlike Rikki.
Because of a recent injury (broken nose), Taku cannot speak (his mouth is tied shut) and is being held as a "Rehab-Animal", meaning he will not be released until he can survive in the wild.
Extremely ignorant to the human world, gaining almost all insight from his father.
SPECIAL - Str = 6; Per = 6; End = 7; Cha = 4; Int = 4; Agl = 7; Luk = 4;
Strength: Skilled in combat and survival like his father. (not as much though)
Weakness: Clumsy, Young, and Immature
I'll hold off on colors until he can talk.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.