PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hypergenesis

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh you ;3

His curiosity is eating him inside out already, I don't want him to explode just yet. I'm saving it for another day.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I wonder if CTC and Zalgo realize that it's been their turn for a while...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Wow, CTC and Zalgo haven't even been around for so long... This makes me a sad raccoon...
Maybe someone should try and get something else going here?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zander and D-Singer still around to play Rocky and Acer? Having them run into each other would be nice...

Also, we need more active players. Anyone want to join?
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Sorry, it's near the end of the school year, theirs less then a month left, I've got final projects coming out my ears. I'm trying to be more active, I am... but it's difficult at this time of the year.
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zalgo wrote:Sorry, it's near the end of the school year, theirs less then a month left, I've got final projects coming out my ears. I'm trying to be more active, I am... but it's difficult at this time of the year.
Hooray! A post for Black!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CTC, you interested in continuing here?
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

No no no, you should comment on the paperbag civilization and continue the conversation with hyper. Dont pass it on to someone else :V

And hey, stop talkin' to yo'self, makes you look like a fewl. :p
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

YOU SHOULD COME BACK AND PLAY YOUR CHARACTER.

And who's talking to themself?

Edit: Also, Paper Bags are biodegradable, so only a terrible archeologist would think it was from the civilization they were studying.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

School work overload... need to take a break and post... @ -@
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Also, Paper Bags are biodegradable, so only a terrible archeologist would think it was from the civilization they were studying.
Not if it was placed in a jar that was used to preserve ancient scrolls. ^ w^
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Actually, Rikki is technically going for a K-9 unit type of job. So... Black was actually alot closer with that than he was when he said guard dog...
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:YOU SHOULD COME BACK AND PLAY YOUR CHARACTER.
Dont worry, Ill come back sometime next week(busy with school) and try to play Zuchinni. Those Ancient ruins sound like great inspiration for a thrilling comeback...

Oh, and Zalgo, in you last post, you spelled intact as two words. Its actualy one. :>
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Zander and D-Singer still around to play Rocky and Acer? Having them run into each other would be nice...

Also, we need more active players. Anyone want to join?
I'd be glad to bring Acer back. The RP hase litterally only progressed about three pages, but even so I'm not sure where everyone one is right now. If anyone could bring me up to date, I can get a post up asap.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Black, Gladius, and Rikki are in Black's house.
Sid, Ellen, and Erin are on a street near their houses and the forest.
You might want to just have him hang around without running into anyone for a bit and run into the next person to join.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

So who's going to make Black's farewell post?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I guess I will.....
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

I really can't move Gladius right now because his normal course of action would be to stay with Black since he was just invited in. There are other options but it's not something he would do without stimulus.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:I really can't move Gladius right now because his normal course of action would be to stay with Black since he was just invited in. There are other options but it's not something he would do without stimulus.
I'm going to think up a post to somehow remove his character without being too uncannon. I was about to do what I did with Jake and be like "Oh, we're going out to some cult meeting where we're gonna drink kool-aid and meet the one behind the wall!", but then I found out WHY he isn't returning, and now I feel that I need to make an appropriately fitting end for the character, where he leaves BsM and goes on to be happy elsewhere and all that. I want it to be nice this time, so I'm going to put a bit of thought into it...
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Hey, instead of adding a new character, should I just have one of the characters I've already used on here develop super powers?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Uh... I dunno... If you can make that work, I mean, your characters were kinda young if I remember right, or at least the younger brother was still a "puppy".

Anyway, I finally got around to posting Black's farewell post. Sorry I took so long, I just needed to get the confidence together to post something like that I guess...
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Well, Jamie was 18 in pet years, when I first posted her app.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Oh, ok then. She might have met one or two of the characters currently in the RP. I remember your posts: you were trying to interact with the Teen Drama Gang and they were ignoring you for their own drama stuff. Don't worry, I'm sure whoever you have them interact with this time will pay more attention and all that, lol.

In other news, I just wanted to say, it really sucks that Zalgo died. I really liked him, and I thought Black had alot of potential to be an interesting character. I'm tempted to take over Black just to carry that out, but that might be a bit too pretentious, and I don't know if I can pull it off right now. On top of that, I've been meaning to take over Zuchnni again ever since MetaEcho left, just to try and get him to see just how much instant potential that character has, and since I still haven't done that, what's the use of adding someone else's character to the list of "abandoned characters to be taken over"? IDK, just ranting now...

I hope this thing picks up speed again...

And welcome back Zach, I really am glad that you're going to give those characters another shot here...
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

So, since BsM has magic, should that be the way Katie gets her powers or something like that?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zack_the_husky wrote:So, since BsM has magic, should that be the way Katie gets her powers or something like that?
IDK, whatever you want, just run it by me first and I'll tell you if it's reasonable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:"I was wondering...", Gladius started as he looked to Rikki, "Is there anything interesting around these parts?", he asked while pointing to the location where the ancient ruins lie, checking for any signs that might indicate him making a wrong move. After all, it has been some time since Oleus had left clues that allowed for the ferret's natural curiosity.
I guess it wasn't clear: the ruins in the forest are COMPLETELY UNDISCOVERED by mankind. The Forest Animals know about them but figure the humans don't really care, because they've never shown an interest, and the animals don't care too much either, so...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

No it was clear. I'm just one that likes to play with coincidences.

The circles there was not Oleus' doing but more of the just marks left by someone who had the map underneath something they were encircling.

Just to move things up.

Also, if Zach wants he can make his pet come with us and get exposed to some dormant runes in the ruins and get his powers or something like that.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:Also, if Zach wants he can make his pet come with us and get exposed to some dormant runes in the ruins and get his powers or something like that.
That's a good idea, and Rikki can be all like, "You're making my tail tingle....... MAGIC!" If Zach wants to do that, he can go ahead. Note that alot of magic in BsM so far though has had to do with hidden relics and stuff. There was an arc with Sid I wanted to get into, but never got around to involving something like that.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

I guess we can try that.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Excuse me for double posting, but, where is everyone in the thread, right now?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Everyone is chillin, walking down some street or another... Actually, both groups that I'm in are walking towards the forest on different sides of town. (though Sid, Ellen, and her brother whos name I remember are kind of locked until CTC comes back...) Also, I think Acer is hanging out somewhere in the development. And Taku's in the forest as usual...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

*blows dust off*

cough cough cough
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I should post shouldn't I...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

It depends.

If Zack did want to give his pet powers then he should come now or be found wandering the forest for some reason.

Otherwise, you are free to post.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Rocky Starry Raccoony, (Someone save me from this Y-y man.. )

Are we dead?
or maybe we should graft BsM to YsF?
It was part of it before right? Like Pangaea.

Because post rates are abyssal right now and our neighborhoods really need some variance.

If we attach BsM to YsF, we get a really nice scene of two worlds. A rapidly encroaching city, a town that supports the preservation of the forests. Strange (magical) things are happening in the forest (and limited to the forest) while the conflict for the fate of it stands in a checkmate. Rival groups, demonstrations, angst and drama.

We could have District GMs, another name for assistant GMs though they have as much power as the GM for their district, and a General GM, which is the main GM for the whole RP.

How does all this sound to you?
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Hypergenesis wrote:We could have District GMs, another name for assistant GMs though they have as much power as the GM for their district, and a General GM, which is the main GM for the whole RP.
Or just use a dual GM system, sky's the limit!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hypergenesis wrote:Because post rates are abyssal right now
Apparently school gets out this week for some people, so I'm going to keep waiting it out. I'm really not fond of any suggestions involving closing BsM right now because I've managed to keep it from outright dying, though I'm starting to get very annoyed with the people who tell me repeatedly that they are still here yet haven't posted in months... It is strange to me that all the other neighborhoods have recovered and BsM hasn't, and I guess I need to figure out why that is, though it may be that all our players have left or stopped posting and there are no new PF players at all. (since it seems to be that, it's a much bigger reason to hold it open for now and wait for the next time people want to join, which should be soon.)

This sort of thing has happened before though. I'm happy with just coasting like this for a while, much happier than trying to get rid of BsM in some way...

Though your suggestion of whatever this merging thing with YsF (which is a direct spinoff of BsM, actually) is confusing to me, and makes me wonder if you understand what you're talking about. You DO realize that characters can easily travel between the two neighborhoods as things are now, right? That was part of the original plan. Is that not written down somewhere clear? They are in the same county, and only a few miles apart, after all...
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Ello' everyone... I saw that you've got space and I had 2 character ideas I've been looking at for a while. Pretty much a cat and a mouse forced to trade places. I believe they'll be good for a decent amount of comedy and irony...

*I have no idea how to link back to my post*
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

razgriz wrote:*I have no idea how to link back to my post*
LIKE THIS.

I already told you on IRC that I like the concept, actually, I think that's going to be really fun to play with. I also approve of both characters, so I guess the next step is to get you situated: think up how/why/when your characters are entering Brookshire Meadows. I'm assuming their owner had to move to the area for something and thought Brookshire Meadows, a pet-friendly housing development on the edge between Brookshire and a nature preserve, would be a nice place, or something along those lines. (That's usually the reason) You should also think of the pet-friendliness of their upbringing, to know if they're used to being allowed to roam like human children.

Now, as for where they live, the development is kind of a gradient of smaller, cheaper houses in the south (one of which is Sid's), to larger, more expensive ones in the north. (Zeke's mansion being at the north end, if Rubin decides to return at some point) The rest of town is to the west and the nature preserve is to the east. Go ahead and pick some general location based on that, as well as a general idea of the house itself.

I can throw a character your way to meet them once we've gotten your first post in. (It'll probably be Peter-Rabbit, who I haven't had enough chance to play, but is a very nice and light character who isn't in use at all right now)
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Oh uh... Well, I'm a stat-y person so not much would come from me.

The conditions of the species change seems to be sound so no problems there.

As for the reason I guess I would suggest the <What's their names (because you didn't link it and I'm lazy)> could be commissioned to check up on the preserve's communication systems because of "strange interference", that should keep your characters in town long enough to get them to stay sooner or later.

So, disapprovedsheetisready, as they would say in bad spelling and spacing.

(This approved sheet is ready, just so there is no confusion.)

On an unrelated note:
I might export Lacooni out of BsM.