PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Um... ok... so obviously you guys didn't see that post I made had something to do with Enya... I'll just go edit it to say he left before he saw it...
I was going to rush your arc so it would end anyway and the day could be over some time, but you already did that, so good...

Edit: ok. Sid just leaves before it even happens now, and sees what Frank and Matt do when they leave.

Zander> I wouldn't have thrown in the Felix thing if I were you: we need to end this day so Buckdida can join and the story can progress. Please keep it quick and don't stop posting for Rocky.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Zander> I wouldn't have thrown in the Felix thing if I were you: we need to end this day so Buckdida can join and the story can progress. Please keep it quick and don't stop posting for Rocky.
1. I was hoping shep would leave soon. maybe i can edit my post?
2. Me and Neko are finishing in irc
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok then, as long as it finishes.

Edit: We are all waiting on Joy/Shep/Felix. But we've got IRC, and a few more bedtime posts, so it's ok.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Guys, this is from IRC. I thought I should post it to bring it up, because it's looking like it might be worth mentioning at this point.
[15:39] <RockstarRaccoon> yes, I'm annoyed with him too. If he doesn't finish his arc tonight, I might force the book shut.
[15:40] * RockstarRaccoon knows what he'd post to do that
[15:42] <RockstarRaccoon> Shep saw a clock "Willikers! Dad'll be mad if I don't get home soon! He was going to take me and Jacob out for ice-cream before we decided this was a teen-romance novel!" He bolted out.
[15:42] <RockstarRaccoon> "Oh my," said Joy, in a monotone voice, "I am tired and will go to bed." They all went to bed. END OF DAY 2.
[15:43] <RockstarRaccoon> Zander> oh, and why did you turn Joy into Enya anyway?
[15:45] <RockstarRaccoon> I mean, Enya swooned over every guy she saw, and that was cool: especially when Frank went with it. Then Jacob got in and it became alot of romance, but that was still cool. I figured he'd be detained and she'd be going out with Cale or something.
[15:45] <RockstarRaccoon> Then Joy started swooning over Jacob, which was an interesting plot development. But then she's going out with Shep just because she "needs someone."
[15:46] <RockstarRaccoon> This is not regular behavior.
[15:46] <RockstarRaccoon> This is melodrama.
Understand what I'm getting at? I'm not saying anything needs to be changed or retconned, but still, you guys are getting a little too much like a teen-romance-novel, and this isn't Radiant Gardens.
Go ahead and have your storyline, I'm not going to even ask you to stop. It's perfectly fine as long as you keep it to your own characters. Do what you want to do, just consider what you're doing.

Edit: just so you understand: I was serious. If you guys don't end this day, I will. Not in any mean way, but I'm gonna force the book closed on Joy, Shep, and Felix, because they've been holding up a new day which a bunch of people are waiting for. I have no idea why you threw in Felix now, Zander, you should have waited until tomorrow, but now it's too late. Now, if it were more than two players, I'd be more lenient, but now EVERYONE (except you two, and me and Rubin who can roll with it) has ended their own day, and hasn't been able to do anything for a whole day now just because you two didn't end yours.
I'm not mad, I'm not scolding, I'm just saying: this is what is going to happen. Your arc will end tonight.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

My thoughts exactly.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

JOFOXX wrote:My thoughts exactly.
What are you talking about here? Please give more detail. Posts that simply agree with no one in particular with no reason are pretty useless....
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
JOFOXX wrote:My thoughts exactly.
What are you talking about here? Please give more detail. Posts that simply agree with no one in particular with no reason are pretty useless....
I'm thinking he just agrees with you on how everything is melodrama :p
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Hey btw guys the next day is the official opening of Mr Robert Shepard's (Shep's dad) underground shooting range. There'll be a BBQ at the backyard of Shep's house as well. All are welcome!

Cheers;)
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

thrasherblades wrote:Hey btw guys the next day is the official opening of Mr Robert Shepard's (Shep's dad) underground shooting range. There'll be a BBQ at the backyard of Shep's house as well. All are welcome!

Cheers;)
Lol, I almost feel bad....I don't think a lot of people will show up... at least 3 will be pre-occupied...
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Guys, this is from IRC. I thought I should post it to bring it up, because it's looking like it might be worth mentioning at this point.
[15:39] <RockstarRaccoon> yes, I'm annoyed with him too. If he doesn't finish his arc tonight, I might force the book shut.
[15:40] * RockstarRaccoon knows what he'd post to do that
[15:42] <RockstarRaccoon> Shep saw a clock "Willikers! Dad'll be mad if I don't get home soon! He was going to take me and Jacob out for ice-cream before we decided this was a teen-romance novel!" He bolted out.
[15:42] <RockstarRaccoon> "Oh my," said Joy, in a monotone voice, "I am tired and will go to bed." They all went to bed. END OF DAY 2.
[15:43] <RockstarRaccoon> Zander> oh, and why did you turn Joy into Enya anyway?
[15:45] <RockstarRaccoon> I mean, Enya swooned over every guy she saw, and that was cool: especially when Frank went with it. Then Jacob got in and it became alot of romance, but that was still cool. I figured he'd be detained and she'd be going out with Cale or something.
[15:45] <RockstarRaccoon> Then Joy started swooning over Jacob, which was an interesting plot development. But then she's going out with Shep just because she "needs someone."
[15:46] <RockstarRaccoon> This is not regular behavior.
[15:46] <RockstarRaccoon> This is melodrama.
Understand what I'm getting at? I'm not saying anything needs to be changed or retconned, but still, you guys are getting a little too much like a teen-romance-novel, and this isn't Radiant Gardens.
Go ahead and have your storyline, I'm not going to even ask you to stop. It's perfectly fine as long as you keep it to your own characters. Do what you want to do, just consider what you're doing.

Edit: just so you understand: I was serious. If you guys don't end this day, I will. Not in any mean way, but I'm gonna force the book closed on Joy, Shep, and Felix, because they've been holding up a new day which a bunch of people are waiting for. I have no idea why you threw in Felix now, Zander, you should have waited until tomorrow, but now it's too late. Now, if it were more than two players, I'd be more lenient, but now EVERYONE (except you two, and me and Rubin who can roll with it) has ended their own day, and hasn't been able to do anything for a whole day now just because you two didn't end yours.
I'm not mad, I'm not scolding, I'm just saying: this is what is going to happen. Your arc will end tonight.

It already did.
:o
Sorry... for... something?
I dont really know why your kinda mad. i said i would end it as quick as i could.
and i did. >_>

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

thrasherblades wrote:Hey btw guys the next day is the official opening of Mr Robert Shepard's (Shep's dad) underground shooting range. There'll be a BBQ at the backyard of Shep's house as well. All are welcome!
Actually, it starts early in the morning in Frank and Matt's kitchen.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Huh what do you mean by that?
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Neko

Post by Neko »

thrasherblades wrote:Huh what do you mean by that?
I'm confused as well....
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Well... it should... heh... I thought Neko was going to post that sooner.
What I meant was that the first thing to happen time-wise. It happens in the early morning, just before sunrise.

Edit: also, I used my editing powers to fill in some stuff at the end of the previous day. I filled in the Zeke/Rikki post and Rikki's night before the end of the day.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Hey guys. May or may not be very active for a few days. Grandmother died last night, but I'll try to get on when I can.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

JOFOXX wrote:Hey guys. May or may not be very active for a few days. Grandmother died last night, but I'll try to get on when I can.
Sorry to hear that. Don't worry about it, go ahead and deal with your problems, the RP can wait.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hey, I should point out: Neko's got a special plan for what Cale and Trinket are doing right now, so don't run into them without talking to Neko about it and carefully consider if you want your character involved (and can keep up with the posting rate here).

(If Neko doesn't want you in his arc for any reason, don't join it.)
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Thanks RR. I'm not at home so this site is really the only thing I can do right now besides brood. The only reason I was saying I may not be on much is because the computer might be in use too often. Thanks for understanding, though. I'm just glad it was in her sleep. :(
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

You should get on IRC!
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

I will.

[link]
Guest character I had in mind. It is completely fine if you don't want him in here. Just say so and I'll forget all about him.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Flaming Gay? FAWESOME.
Make him run into Sid and Frank at some point for epic lulz!
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

How would that bring epic lulz upon the RP?

Pfft. I don't like this form of communitaction. *goes to IRC*
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Flaming gay? Why do I have a feeling this is about to cause problems?
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Neko

Post by Neko »

I was hoping Rocky would've heard the van, or Cale banging/yelling but ok...lol

I guess the other pets will have to tell Rocky that they saw an 'animal control
van, and Rocky will have to piece it together...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

the jet's camera isn't exactly 'noticeable'. it's built into the nose...
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote:I was hoping Rocky would've heard the van, or Cale banging/yelling but ok...lol

I guess the other pets will have to tell Rocky that they saw an 'animal control
van, and Rocky will have to piece it together...
Rockys thought process:
she's right, where's Cale?
A van? I don't ever remember anyone living here with that kind of van.
Oh look there's Cale! Hi Cale! *waves*
wait a minute there going somewhere!
Wait! I want to go too!

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Shouldn't he recognize Animal Control? If not, he's about to meet Sid.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote: Rockys thought process:
she's right, where's Cale?
A van? I don't ever remember anyone living here with that kind of van.
Oh look there's Cale! Hi Cale! *waves*
wait a minute there going somewhere!
Wait! I want to go too!
*Limbo like me*

i'm sorry, but that made me crack up...
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Shouldn't he recognize Animal Control? If not, he's about to meet Sid.
Like i said in irc, even though not in the best conditions, he has been sheltered his whole life, the only time he would actually learn about them would be the 4 days he was wandering from the airport.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Sorry I haven't replied in the RP. I'm on my way to the funeral now, so I'll post when I get back probably.
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

*NOTICEABLE!*
I was thinking today "hey why not make a 3D map of brookshire meadows for all these lovely RP's?" and then I was stunned to hear the reply "LETS".
it totaly freaked me out, so now of course I have to... so whats the main point of this message?
well, I need someone (probably rockstar) to give me a floor plan for the regular houses, and someone to give me floor plans of special houses (like rubin and thrasher)

I guess this is a good example...
Neko wrote:Cale and Rocky's House:

(Click For full image)
I guess you could send them to me by pm, or post them here.
Ill be studying theneibrahood map for best details, so if theres anything missing tell me.
[EDIT] see the steps on the stairs? those steps would be 2spaces lenghtwise (not heightwise) I need to know how many 'spaces' each house will be lenght and heightwise.
HELLO THERE
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

metaecho wrote:*NOTICEABLE!*
I was thinking today "hey why not make a 3D map of brookshire meadows for all these lovely RP's?" and then I was stunned to hear the reply "LETS".
it totaly freaked me out, so now of course I have to... so whats the main point of this message?
well, I need someone (probably rockstar) to give me a floor plan for the regular houses, and someone to give me floor plans of special houses (like rubin and thrasher)

*NOT SO NOTICEABLE*
I agree it is a great idea, but first of all we really need to plan out the whole map of Brookshire Meadows first, in my opinion, I don't quite approve of the one we have now. We need to discuss and work out where everyone lives, and possibly where to add more if there's the demand. And decide on the facilities too, as we already know that that we have a park of some sort, we can't just have streets don't you think?

We can first develop it using the storyline/arcs we have now, though it will a hard time to reference all of them, then we can utilize the developed map afterward for a effective way in developing new storyline/arc.

It's like having Google Map first before develop it into 3D right?

Just my opinion though. :P
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CY_Law wrote:
metaecho wrote:*NOTICEABLE!*

*NOT SO NOTICEABLE*
I agree it is a great idea, but first of all we really need to plan out the whole map of Brookshire Meadows first, in my opinion, I don't quite approve of the one we have now. We need to discuss and work out where everyone lives, and possibly where to add more if there's the demand. And decide on the facilities too, as we already know that that we have a park of some sort, we can't just have streets don't you think?

We can first develop it using the storyline/arcs we have now, though it will a hard time to reference all of them, then we can utilize the developed map afterward for a effective way in developing new storyline/arc.

It's like having Google Map first before develop it into 3D right?

Just my opinion though. :P
I agree. I don't even fully know what all the houses are going to look like yet. We need to work some stuff out. Maybe we should stick to maps of people's houses and add general locations to my map for now...
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

I've said this in the IRC, but for those who didn't hear or weren't there, I won't be on for about 24 hours from now. And if it's 500% necessary that Kytes should need to wake up before I return, Neko is to control him. Minimally.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:I've said this in the IRC, but for those who didn't hear or weren't there, I won't be on for about 24 hours from now. And if it's 500% necessary that Kytes should need to wake up before I return, Neko is to control him. Minimally.
I'm gonna leave him at the vet with a concussion.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid looked at the kid, guessing he didn't get to know many cats, or maybe they didn't play that game around here? "Well, you see, you can unravel a ball of yarn and roll around with it when you're bored, but what's more fun is to fight over it with someone else. That's what I was doing with Kytes before he ran off with it. Yeah, and guess what I saw him doing today? He was helping Animal Control nab someone. What a total-" he swore about Kytes again, he was starting to hate that guy "You know, next time I see him, I'm gonna Deck 'im real good!" He punched his palm with his fist, making a large crack, exemplifying that he was gonna knock Kytes' block clear into the next state.
Uh oh... I think Kytes might be in trouble... Unless he's got something ridiculous up his sleeve, Sid's gonna beat him to a pulp...

Edit: Yeah... Unless you want to talk about altering events so that Sid doesn't pummel Kytes, you need to start thinking out how Kytes is going to react if Sid starts a fight with him, (like, is he going to try and talk it out? Is he gonna run? Is he gonna defend himself in some way?) and then what he's gonna do after Sid gets tired of beating him to a pulp and leaves. (PS: the collar isn't likely to work a second time, now that Sid's seen it: he's a clever cat.)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Alright people the BBQ is now open and so is Mr Shepard's underground shooting range. Shep and the rest of the pets will be approaching your homes to invite you guys. Feel free to join!

Cheers ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:"Dang you're so fast!" Jacob said as he struggled to keep up with Enya.
"Come on you slowpoke!" Enya giggled, running faster. They soon reached the big white gate and Enya went up to the intercom on the left. She pressed the button and asked the guards for Dr. Rashid to answer. "Yes, Miss Enya?" Dr Rashid said, sounding rather tired. "Oh hey, doctor! I was just wondering if you wanna have a BBQ organized by Shep's dad. You wanna come?" Enya asked, "Sounds great! I'll be there soon!" Dr Rashid said, hanging up. Enya then turned to Jacob. "How about you boyfriend? Do you want to invite your folks over?"
Zander wrote:"Wait- whatWhowherewhen?!" Joy had no idea what was going on. the only clues she had was "The grillin' commences now" and "git peeps for this."
She sighed at the sound of Felix's name. "Yeah, but i was hopeing you two could be friends, im sure he wouldnt like it right now, but maybe when he comes back next weekend?
Shep understood and he nodded. "I definetly would love to be friends. I just don't want him to you know...hammer or pound me to death the following day or somethin'.." Shep said, a little worried. "Anyway, let's go see if your folks wanna come. Oh hey let's invite the other pets too!" Shep said, scouring for the houses.

ENYA'S ENGLISH SUDDENLY TURNED PERFECT :O

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Guys, I updated Trinket a little bit. I made it easier to avoid the effects of his Virulent Bad Luck curse, and his curses no longer have any effect when he's sleeping or unconscious. In addition, I added some...special effects to demonstrate the power the charms have. When you break them, that is! There IS an upside to a break, though...the spectacular displays produce mini-charms that negate the negative effects of Trinket's curses on your character. Should the unfortunate event of a break happen, I suggest you make a grab for these.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 709#p48709
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

AGH! I hate being inactive! I'm on my way home now guys, so I'll be on my own computer again soon.