PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

FunkyChickenFace

Re: PF: Brookshire Meadows OOC

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

RockstarRaccoon gained a level!!
RockstarRaccoon learned "Check", which allows him to keep the RPers in BrM from doing crazy things.
RockstarRaccoon obtained +400 RP (reputation points)

-------

ON a separate note, I still feel we'll need some equipment, such as climbing ropes, food, and flashlights (along with the occasional broom XD). Shall we be carrying these on our person? Also, if no violence, how will the enemies and battles work? Finally, will we be using a Final Fantasy esque turn-based "name your attack" format or will we just RP it out (I prefer FF-esque, since it allows me to clearly tell who's done what and how much damage is left on the enemy. I would propose that RockstarRaccoon moderate the attacks to prevent over-powering).

Also, will there be a faction system? For example, I know that Deer form herds and animals have mates and such. Given a Housepets! universe, I would imagine they have a sort of clan or faction system set up to resolve differences and mediate the number of deaths to predators. It'd be nice if the pets could interact with such a system.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:SO! Except for a few people, who will have time to finish their arc, we've ended the first day in Brookshire Meadows. Anyone have any thoughts on what's happened so far? Advice on what direction to take?
Please note that I want to warp 2 weeks ahead at some point. Do we want all these characters to meet before then, or can they meet as they go?
The party at Frank's place was a good idea for the first day at Brookshire Meadows as it served as a "housewarming" for all the pets in the neighborhood although not all didn't get to be in it due to other scenarios, like Jacob (Dr. Prower), Joy (Zander) and Shep (Me) for instance.

There are a few things which I feel can happen in this neighborhood for increased cohesion and better ties among the pets. I dunno wether they'll sound cheesy so I'll just give my opinion anyway...

1. Clubs. So just like the Good Ol' Dogs Club, maybe we can organize not just one, but several others as well? Something like the D&D clubs(I have no idea how to play it but ill just watch y'all do it), PC Gamerz, Shooting (Since Shep has the underground range at his house already), Middle Eastern Music Appreciation maybe? Well yeah, these are some ideas just to name a few. And it need not be just in these ordinary categories, so there can be clubs like Favourite Trash Can club, or The Official Hugs Club or I WANT YOUR POPPIES CLUB (LOL) something like that. So get creative yeah. =)

2. Random Events. I've always like the idea of a event which will stir up hype among the pets, just to make plots more exciting. I've played Pokemon when I was way younger. There was always something about these events which made awesome cliffhangers to the current plot. An example of these kinda cliffhangers would be like Robert (Shep's dad) suddenly coming home when Jacob was at the shooting range he wasnt supposed to be there.

3. Adventuring. Rick Griffin is seriously amazing at creating these small adventure series for some of the pets, like when Grape and Peanut discover Pete the Griffin in the flesh and all? I thought that was actually pretty rad. So since theres a forest nearby, I'm pretty sure they'll be a lot of scool scenarios happenin' eh?

Well, that's all I can think for now. I hope we can have another cool episode of BsM!
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
FunkyChickenFace

In line with Thrasher's train of thought...

Frank IS still looking for musicians, as it's unlikely that The Queen Nips can get out of Chicago without getting mauled at this point. Maybe in a few weeks (game time) they can steal out under the cover of darkness. Until then, Enya is possibly going to release an album out of the studio, and straight guitar is probably not going to sell many disks. Drums, bass, and maybe a pianist would be nice. Frank can provide second voice.

This IS assuming that Enya decides to go for an album at the Holiday Studio. So, Thrasher, what do you think? Recording at Holiday House or at some stuffy commercial venue?

OH, also, I'm thinking that a dungeon crawl will be similar to the adventures that thrasher is looking for, though further clarification is necessary.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:In line with Thrasher's train of thought...

Frank IS still looking for musicians, as it's unlikely that The Queen Nips can get out of Chicago without getting mauled at this point. Maybe in a few weeks (game time) they can steal out under the cover of darkness. Until then, Enya is possibly going to release an album out of the studio, and straight guitar is probably not going to sell many disks. Drums, bass, and maybe a pianist would be nice. Frank can provide second voice.

This IS assuming that Enya decides to go for an album at the Holiday Studio. So, Thrasher, what do you think? Recording at Holiday House or at some stuffy commercial venue?

OH, also, I'm thinking that a dungeon crawl will be similar to the adventures that thrasher is looking for, though further clarification is necessary.
Enya is actually a instrumentalist, so she performs solo guitar with a live human band in town when Uncle Florez, who is also her booking agent, gets her gigs. But in her spare time she would either be doing recording on her on instrumental albums or being with Frank Holiday. But she can definetly collaborate with The Queen Nips.

And oh yes, a dungeon crawl would be nice. =)
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
FunkyChickenFace

Hmm... I think that there are a few songs by The Beatles and The Eagles that could work for a collab, given Enya's middle eastern background and influences from spanish and latin music.

Hotel California, by The Eagles, seems like a good bet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDRWMnfEAw

light show is optional ;P

Of course, Matt and Frank are willing to simply record for her. She is a very beautiful lady, after all. Matt and Uncle Thingamabobber can work out the details while Frank and Enya go and... have fun. ;P
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Ah, Hotel California, good choice music no?

Enya and me same influence too. I also play guitar real life lol.
FunkyChickenFace

http://www.gamesurge.net/chat

this is link to IRC
type:

/join #BsM

or copy paste the above into the message bar
Then we can has talk!!
And yes, Hotel California = win. Could Enya also manage "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkle, as well as "Sound of Silence"? And most of the Beatles (such as "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" and "The Walrus")?
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Alright, I'm on already.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dont tell me your people are as bad as RG.

Did you time skip into the next day already? >:|

*stares angrily at every single person*
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

No, we went to bed. You guys still have your little sleep-over party thing. We're waiting until you guys all nod off.

DR. PROWER, WHERE ARE YOU?!!!
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:No, we went to bed. You guys still have your little sleep-over party thing. We're waiting until you guys all nod off.

Excuse me, I'm not able to be on 24/7 like the rest of you.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:
FunkyChickenFace wrote:No, we went to bed. You guys still have your little sleep-over party thing. We're waiting until you guys all nod off.

are you on now? :D
:D

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:

are you on now? :D
yeah, for now.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Awesome. maybe me, you and thra- *realizes thrasher JUST left* FFFFFFFF

edit: hes back, lets get on teh irc!

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:Awesome. maybe me, you and thra- *realizes thrasher JUST left* FFFFFFFF

I am not allowed to use irc...go figure.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Zander wrote:Awesome. maybe me, you and thra- *realizes thrasher JUST left* FFFFFFFF

k.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

sorry...
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:sorry...
Dont worry about it :3

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

YAY Dr. PROWER IS BACK!!!

-huggles Dr. Prower-
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Brookshire Meadows? Midwest? Next to Forest? Squee! The Minnesotan in me can't wait to try this out!

I think I should introduce my Henry character again. Oh, snap, I forgot his credentials. Better go check them out.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:

>_>

We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

-Robert Louis Stevenson
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

K, like I said I'm not going to be too active today. Let me talk anyway.
Buckdida wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Um... not really... I'm not thinking that pets carry weapons. This is supposed to be a Housepets appropriate adventure, remember?
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
Lawl. See, I remembered you pointing this out earlier, and I agreed with you.
Do you think it would be alright if we did stuff on the level of the Sonic The Hedgehog comics? There's no gore in them, and only mild (mainly comical) violence towards robots.
thrasherblades wrote:1. Clubs. So just like the Good Ol' Dogs Club, maybe we can organize not just one, but several others as well? Something like the D&D clubs(I have no idea how to play it but ill just watch y'all do it), PC Gamerz, Shooting (Since Shep has the underground range at his house already), Middle Eastern Music Appreciation maybe? Well yeah, these are some ideas just to name a few. And it need not be just in these ordinary categories, so there can be clubs like Favourite Trash Can club, or The Official Hugs Club or I WANT YOUR POPPIES CLUB (LOL) something like that. So get creative yeah. =)
If your characters can get the pets and resources, they can do whatever they want. Good luck.
2. Random Events. I've always like the idea of a event which will stir up hype among the pets, just to make plots more exciting. I've played Pokemon when I was way younger. There was always something about these events which made awesome cliffhangers to the current plot. An example of these kinda cliffhangers would be like Robert (Shep's dad) suddenly coming home when Jacob was at the shooting range he wasnt supposed to be there.
Yes, I saw that, nice ideas. Like I said, if you can get something going, go ahead and have fun with it. I'm not going to stop democratic gameplay.
3. Adventuring. Rick Griffin is seriously amazing at creating these small adventure series for some of the pets, like when Grape and Peanut discover Pete the Griffin in the flesh and all? I thought that was actually pretty rad. So since theres a forest nearby, I'm pretty sure they'll be a lot of cool scenarios happenin' eh?
We are talking about this RIGHT NOW. That's what we mean by "Dungeon Crawl".
FunkyChickenFace wrote:ON a separate note, I still feel we'll need some equipment, such as climbing ropes, food, and flashlights (along with the occasional broom XD). Shall we be carrying these on our person? Also, if no violence, how will the enemies and battles work? Finally, will we be using a Final Fantasy esque turn-based "name your attack" format or will we just RP it out (I prefer FF-esque, since it allows me to clearly tell who's done what and how much damage is left on the enemy. I would propose that RockstarRaccoon moderate the attacks to prevent over-powering).
Um... or we could just RP out what we're doing and not fight anything that's actually living. (thus, ending the gore dilemma) Real life doesn't use damage points, so text-RP shouldn't.
One of the problems we're going to have to bring up is the fact that some characters are going to have more combat experience than others (for example, compare Rikki to Dominic and Kyra. Rikki is a Feral, Kyra is a book-worm, Dominic is a child. In a brawl, he'd beat both of them in a few seconds) I think we might rectify this by them doing things to their styles. (Rikki has a Berserker style, Kyra is a knowledge-base instead of a fighter, Dominic is really small and peppy)
Also, will there be a faction system? For example, I know that Deer form herds and animals have mates and such. Given a Housepets! universe, I would imagine they have a sort of clan or faction system set up to resolve differences and mediate the number of deaths to predators. It'd be nice if the pets could interact with such a system.
I see no reason to arbitrarily create this. If we form little groups, that's fine, but I see no reason to force it.
Zander wrote:Dont tell me your people are as bad as RG.
Did you time skip into the next day already? >:|
*stares angrily at every single person*
Like I said, you guys can RP out your arc and we'll give you time. It's just that every other character ended up going to bed, without us realizing that you guys weren't gonna be done by the end of the day. As for skipping ahead a few weeks, we don't have to do it right now, it's just a thought for the near future.
Anthroguy101 wrote:Brookshire Meadows? Midwest? Next to Forest? Squee! The Minnesotan in me can't wait to try this out!
I think I should introduce my Henry character again. Oh, snap, I forgot his credentials. Better go check them out.
Hey, remember to introduce him in here first and all that.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Current residents of Brookshire Meadows:
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Lawl. See, I remembered you pointing this out earlier, and I agreed with you.
Do you think it would be alright if we did stuff on the level of the Sonic The Hedgehog comics? There's no gore in them, and only mild (mainly comical) violence towards robots.
Yup, that's fine.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

my time's up. I'll be on early tomorrow for a bit, but most likely I'll be gone most of the day.
Zander

Post by Zander »

:(

can we continue without you?

Just post saying you put the cd in and sat on the couch and we can continue from there.

edit:

Can we just skip past the movie and say they all went to bed after the movie was over? and left Joy on the couch asleep or something.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote::(

Just post saying you put the cd in and sat on the couch and we can continue from there.

edit:

Can we just skip past the movie and say they all went to bed after the movie was over? and left Joy on the couch asleep or something.
If you want to go without me, that's fine.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:
Zander wrote::(

edit:

If you want to go without me, that's fine.
But we need you to say what happens, like

Jacob puts the movie in and sits down on the couch.

Unless you want us to just say that. :o

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Okay, I'll do that. Just gotta edit my post...

EDIT: Post edited.
FunkyChickenFace

LADIES AND GENTLMEN

QUEENS AND TOMS

DOGS AND, UH, FEMALE DOGS!!!

WE HAVE FINISHED THE FIRST EVER ARC FOR BROOKSHIRE MEADOWS!!!!!

*Throws a party*
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Yay! And we haven't even been around that long lol.
FunkyChickenFace

Heh, only a week!! WWOOOOOOOO~~~!!!!

Drinks catnip tea. Get's really messed up .
Neko

Post by Neko »

Yea, the First day of Brookshire Meadows has come to an end. Everyone can wake up, and start the new day. (You time skip to the morning unless you have something that will happen during the night)
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
FunkyChickenFace

I'll need an hour, RUBIN DO NOT POST I HAVE PLANS TO SET UP.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

[quote="Zander"](im guessing everyones asleep? so we can skip to the morning now? yay!)

Joy heard the sounds of birds in the morning. she moved around on the couch a little, stomach and head hurting.
"Uhhg- what happened last night?" she looked around, remembering that they moved into a new house, but as she looked to her right she was frightened to see a dog. "Ahh-" she quickly put her hands over her mouth, for fear of waking the dog.
"What is a dog doing in my new house?" She tried to think about what happened last night. but couldn't remember. she decided to make a run for it.[\quote]

Uh Zander are we actually in Jacob's house or Joy's house right now?
Zander

Post by Zander »

thrasherblades wrote:
Zander wrote:(im guessing everyones asleep? so we can skip to the morning now? yay!)

Joy heard the sounds of birds in the morning. she moved around on the couch a little, stomach and head hurting.
"Uhhg- what happened last night?" she looked around, remembering that they moved into a new house, but as she looked to her right she was frightened to see a dog. "Ahh-" she quickly put her hands over her mouth, for fear of waking the dog.
"What is a dog doing in my new house?" She tried to think about what happened last night. but couldn't remember. she decided to make a run for it.[\quote]

Uh Zander are we actually in Jacob's house or Joy's house right now?
Jacobs. But she didn't remember she spent the night. so she thinks shes in her new one. and is freaked out that there are two random pets in "Her" house.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Ooh okay okay
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

lol what a way to wake up.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Dr. Prower wrote:lol what a way to wake up.
For Joy or for Jacob?

Either one would be pretty bad.

FYI: joy didnt wake up at 5:00 in the morning. im guessing its somewhere around 8:00?

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Zander wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:lol what a way to wake up.
For Joy or for Jacob?

Either one would be pretty bad.

FYI: joy didnt wake up at 5:00 in the morning. im guessing its somewhere around 8:00?
For Joy.