Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Tiggy

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Tiggy »

Tantrum did the same as Rocky and rushed over to the two cats. "Hey there, I don't know who you are but you know, I think you needa slow down a bit the next time." Tantrum said with a slight tone of irritation in his voice.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Peter-Rabbit got up on his feet with Rocky's help, "Yeah... Yeah I think I'm ok... It's not the first time I've been hit by a car..." he groaned...
Sid sort of sneered at Tantrum, a bit annoyed at some loser dog telling him what to do, "Hey, it's not my fault he walked out in front of me! What's he doin' in the middle of the road anyway, huh?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Hypergenesis wrote:Rushing?, the ferret wondered. Strange even to himself, he chose to follow the stranger on an impulse so strong he couldn't resist. He wondered how he could make his actions sensible, as most of the time he would have gone his own way and scenarios like the current were so rare that his experiences were comparable to that for a blue moon. "Thanks for the compliment, it's actually a gift from my brother.", he informed as soon as he caught up with the black clad canine. "I hope you don't mind, but may I know where you are headed?". came the question from the seemingly confused mustelid after a short pause.
When he was followed, he looked back to where he was headed. He hadn't even started his journey yet, she could he answer the question which now laid before him? He must, if not to seem rude. He looked up to the sky, watching the clouds above their heads for a moment. The wind was blowing east, so he figured he'd go westward and see where he ended up. "Not sure. I'm new here." He glanced to the side, noticing a small object on the ground. He slowed his pace and started to crouch to get a closer look at what it was. Just then, a vehicle drove by and hit a puddle not far off from him and the water splashed up and covered his left side (Luk3). He frowned slightly, finding out the object was just the foil from a wrapper. He stood up, and looked at himself before slipping his sweater and beanie off. He shook them and his fur, his collar was also black, and the medallion which hung from it was a symbol of some kind, though was also black. "Just looking around."
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zalgo wrote:When he was followed, he looked back to where he was headed. He hadn't even started his journey yet, she could he answer the question which now laid before him? He must, if not to seem rude. He looked up to the sky, watching the clouds above their heads for a moment. The wind was blowing east, so he figured he'd go westward and see where he ended up. "Not sure. I'm new here." He glanced to the side, noticing a small object on the ground. He slowed his pace and started to crouch to get a closer look at what it was. Just then, a vehicle drove by and hit a puddle not far off from him and the water splashed up and covered his left side (Luk3). He frowned slightly, finding out the object was just the foil from a wrapper. He stood up, and looked at himself before slipping his sweater and beanie off. He shook them and his fur, his collar was also black, and the medallion which hung from it was a symbol of some kind, though was also black. "Just looking around."
"That was really rude...", Gladius blurted out as he watched the car disappear off the corner. "Need a hand with that?", the ferret offered his help while he offered a thick white handkerchief to the dog. He seems to like black quite a lot..., noting the clothing and accessories of the said shade being found all over the brown dog.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Zander

Post by Zander »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Peter-Rabbit got up on his feet with Rocky's help, "Yeah... Yeah I think I'm ok... It's not the first time I've been hit by a car..." he groaned...
Sid sort of sneered at Tantrum, a bit annoyed at some loser dog telling him what to do, "Hey, it's not my fault he walked out in front of me! What's he doin' in the middle of the road anyway, huh?"
Rocky looked at the cat with a demeaning glance. "hey, dude, chill. Were just trying to help."
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

OOC: Black is Brown. o .o

Black looked to the ferret, and glanced down at the white cloth being held out to him. He glanced to his fur, which was still damp and his clothing which was still soaked. He didn't know what that tiny piece of fabric would do, but he took it anyways so not to be rude, or make him think his offer was rejected. "Thanks." He spoke softly, and gently wiped his face, dabbing the damp fur around his eye's. After returning the cloth, he stuffed his beanie into the sweater and tossed it over his shoulder, hanging it against his back with one hand now resting on his shoulder. He started walking again. "Happens a lot." He referred to his bad luck.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

(( Sorry, I must have been too sleepy when I posted XD. Anyways corrected. ))

"People should really be more careful. Just because they have cars doesn't mean they have the right not to be humanely courteous.", Gladius fumed as he wasn't able to memorize the plate number of the car. "Well just because it happens to you a lot does not make it right." Gladius said as he took the handkerchief back. He squeezed out the excess moisture and flung those that clung to his hands off before returning the cloth back into his pocket, the crunch of plastic could be heard when he did so. "Anyways, I have a map here if you need to look for a certain place.", offered the ferret as he reached to his back pocket where he had kept the map.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

OOC: Ah, well, happens to everyone.

That was true, but he was so use to things like that happening, he just didn't care anymore. It seemed like if he tried to avoid that kind of stuff, something worse would happen anyways.
Black's ears twitched from the sound of plastic, and once again his curiosity was getting the best of him. For a moment, he was going to ask about it, but was offered a map suddenly. He held his hand up in front of himself and shook his head no. "No thanks. I can find home easily..." Her tapped his nose, gesturing to his sense of smell. His family specifically carried a distinct smell he would know anywhere. Especially for these first couple of days. City folk entering a forest area, they would have brought some scents with them on their clothing, and skin. Black stopped at another corner, and looked up and down the streets. He wasn't sure where he should go next. There was a lot of turns. Then an idea struck him and he turned back to the ferret. "Actually, might I see the map. I can see how large the town is, and roughly estimate the time to see it all."(Int 10)
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( For reference when it comes into play:

The town of Brookshire is small and isolated, with only one highway running through its center, (leading to Yorkshire) on which one can travel across the entire town in a matter of minutes. It is built around a small area of somewhat large buildings, including city hall, but no skyscrapers. Outside of that is a single commercial district, a few small production plants, and a good deal of suburban development. It is clear that most of the people who live in Brookshire commute outside of the city, and that Brookshire was originally planned to be much larger, and had been expected to grow at a much faster rate when it was first planned. (This is not to say that Brookshire isn't commercially successful, only that it is not a fast-growing, or large city.)

Directly to the East of town is the Brookshire Forest Nature Preserve, which is massive. To the West, the suburbs break up into farmland, which extends for quite a ways before becoming the extensive suburbs which lead into the much larger city of Yorkshire, and eventually the desert. Yorkshire is half an hour away from Brookshire's city limits, and is the closest city or town.

Hope that's helpful.))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius dropped his hand when the dog started to move away and resumed his following again. He paused when he stopped on the corner. After hearing the canine's request, he quickly took out the map and offered it to the dog, "Here you go.", he said with a bright smile.

When the husky took the map, he stood there quietly for a moment, but after that moment passed he was already looking around the ground around him. He reached into the pocket with the crinkling plastic and took out a candy wrapped in a packet. He popped it to the sky and caught it on the way down. Shoving the empty wrapper back into the pocket, he pulled out another one and offered it to the dog. "You want one?", he asked while munching in the candy in his mouth.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Tantrum sighed and shook his head a bit slowly. "Just, be careful next time, okay? Both of you." He looked over at them two. "Now, forgive and forget?"
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Peter-Rabbit got up on his feet with Rocky's help, "Yeah... Yeah I think I'm ok... It's not the first time I've been hit by a car..." he groaned...
Sid sort of sneered at Tantrum, a bit annoyed at some loser dog telling him what to do, "Hey, it's not my fault he walked out in front of me! What's 'e doin' in the middle of the road anyway, huh?"
Zander wrote:Rocky looked at the cat with a demeaning glance. "hey, dude, chill. Were just trying to help."
Tobee wrote:Tantrum sighed and shook his head a bit slowly. "Just, be careful next time, okay? Both of you." He looked over at them two. "Now, forgive and forget?"
Sid continued to glare aggressively at the two dogs, his teeth gritted a bit at the somewhat hostile situation.
Peter-Rabbit straightened out, though his ears were still drooping, "Yeah, come on guys, lets not fight..."
Sid calmed a bit glancing over at this other cat, "Huh?" He looked back at Rocky and the other dog, "Alright Rocky, I'll chill..."
Peter-Rabbit walked over to the new cat, holding out a paw, "I'm Peter-Rabbit, Rocky is my cousin. Do you know him?"
Sid looked over at "Peter Rabbit", glancing at the hand but not shaking it, "Uh... Yeah, I'm friends with his brother Cale. My name's Sid."

(( Note to Zander: I'm assuming here that Sid and Rocky have met by now, and that they both know about each other's potential aggressiveness/volatility. ))
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Taku sighed, silent for a moment before responding to her reaction, "It's ok... It was a long time ago, I just... I really don't wanna talk about it..." he sighed, walking in silence for a moment before looking up and speaking, changing the subject, "So... There's my tree, right there." he pointed to a huge apple tree up ahead, at least a meter across, which had been decorated with little carvings and drawings up and down the entire trunk, and a trail of extra wear which had been made up to a raccoon-sized hole several meters up. Taku perked up, taking Meeka's hand and pulling her along, "C'mon! Let's go inside!" His tail was swishing back and fourth with excitement...

Meeka smiled and picked up her pace to match Taku's, her eyes lighting up as she saw the carvings and drawings. "Oh, wow. This is your tree?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Taku grinned at Meeka's reaction, his tail going into overdrive with excitement, "Yep! Been living in it since I turned three!" He started climbing the carved and painted base, still holding her hand, "C'mon! Let me show you what it's like inside!" he said, pulling her a bit in over-excitement.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius dropped his hand when the dog started to move away and resumed his following again. He paused when he stopped on the corner. After hearing the canine's request, he quickly took out the map and offered it to the dog, "Here you go.", he said with a bright smile.

When the husky took the map, he stood there quietly for a moment, but after that moment passed he was already looking around the ground around him. He reached into the pocket with the crinkling plastic and took out a candy wrapped in a packet. He popped it to the sky and caught it on the way down. Shoving the empty wrapper back into the pocket, he pulled out another one and offered it to the dog. "You want one?", he asked while munching in the candy in his mouth.
Black glanced to the wrapper after it was empty. That was quite a trick. He shook his head no, slowly. "Unhealthy." He said, looking at the map. He looked over his shoulder, and found the street they were on. Once looking it over for a few moments, he folded it up and held it out to the ferret. The ferret. He never asked his name. And thinking of him as 'the ferret' just seemed rude, even if it wasn't aloud. "And hour and a half, give or take distractions. By the way... I'm Black." He held out his paw in greeting, his expression not changing from it's demeanor of near emotionless. At the very least, he looked like he had a lot on his mind. So much in fact, that it was almost like it was overwriting his mind, and making it difficult for him to concentrate on the tasks at hand. Though, this wasn't the case. His mind was very clear, he was just a deep thinker.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

*gulp* I wonder how much of my life I burned with that..., the ferret thought to the comment as the candy trailed down his throat. He quickly hid the other candy back into his pocket and tried forgetting it was there. He looked left and right and saw the map being returned to him so he quickly took it back and stashed it away in his back pocket. Returned his gaze and saw a hand offered to him along with a self-introduction from the canine. "A jolly good day to you Black!", said the ferret as he shook the hand in front of him, "My name's Gladius and I new here too. In fact, I just arrived here a few hours ago, I think.", he answered in response to Black's earlier comment. "By the way, I heard you say something about an hour and a half. Wouldn't that be an awfully long way to travel to by foot?", asked the ferret slightly worried.

Edit: Added the last speech.
Last edited by Hypergenesis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

*boink*
*boink*
*boink*

"Gglbemph..." Trinket rolled over in his bed, hiding under his covers. Something above his covers was lightly bonking him on the head repeatedly, telling him he had slept in.

"Ummggphhh...just one moment..." Trinket reached a hand out of his covers, and like many times before, flipped open the jewelery box next to his bedside, and reached in, grabbing his Ear banner. He fastened it to his ear under the covers, then swiftly reached out from under the covers, and batted his foot away.

"Alright, okay... I'm awake..." Trinket got out of bed, and while keeping his balance, folded the sheets and remade his bed. "Alright, you, come here." Trinket's foot bounced over to him, and, *Crack* on went the foot, once again. "Let's see... what is on the agenda for today..." Trinket scanned around the room, his eyes resting on the candle stick that he had... "liberated" from the tomb some some weeks ago. He'd put off figuring out what it did, but there was nothing else to do today that he was aware of. If someone wanted him for now, they'd have to come and get him.

Trinket put the candle stick on his workbench. "Alright. Let's see what this candle holder does...." Trinket set to work.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

ctcmjh wrote:
D-Singer wrote:“Are there any good restaurants around there, I had to skip breakfast this morning and I’m starving. Also, I might run some errands seeing as how I have the money and time...”
"Oh yeah, there's plenty of restaurants around here. It all depends on what you like. There's a few fast food joints, and some nice restaurants too!"
"Now that you mention it, I am a little hungry."
JOFOXX wrote:Terry grinned, nodding. "Alright then! I say we get something to eat and then wander around town for a bit. Find somethin to do!"

"Sounds good to me!"

((Next poster wanna time-skip to town?))
((Maybe not quite yet...))

Acer began walking slightly ahead of the others in the direction he knew to lead into town. He was quiet for a moment but eventually found himself glancing back over his shoulder at Terry and Erin every dozen feet or so. Not that he was lying to them, but the concept of their explained relationship just seemed alien to him to a certain degree. So he decided to pry just a little further out of curiosity. “So...” He slowed down some until he was at the same walking pace as Erin and Terry. “You two have never really been, *ahem* persecuted for liking each other in such a way...have you? I mean, again, I don’t have any problem with it, but I happen to know some canine pets who would probably take a fair amount of glee in antagonizing pets with a relationship like yours...” Acer’s voice sounded slightly nervous for asking such a personal question. He hoped not to have offended his new acquaintances.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

D-Singer wrote:Acer began walking slightly ahead of the others in the direction he knew to lead into town. He was quiet for a moment but eventually found himself glancing back over his shoulder at Terry and Erin every dozen feet or so. Not that he was lying to them, but the concept of their explained relationship just seemed alien to him to a certain degree. So he decided to pry just a little further out of curiosity. “So...” He slowed down some until he was at the same walking pace as Erin and Terry. “You two have never really been, *ahem* persecuted for liking each other in such a way...have you? I mean, again, I don’t have any problem with it, but I happen to know some canine pets who would probably take a fair amount of glee in antagonizing pets with a relationship like yours...” Acer’s voice sounded slightly nervous for asking such a personal question. He hoped not to have offended his new acquaintances.
Erin shook his head slowly, "Well, in this neighborhood, it hasn't really been a problem." He said. He could tell that Acer didn't want to offend them, so he didn't take offense to it, "In my old neighborhood, the other dogs there didn't exactly like me for this kind of thing, though. They were a little more understanding about me being bisexual, but they had no mercy with the catlover thing." He told Acer, tightening his grip on Terry's paw.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Terry stared at the ground in concentration as he walked along, fingers entwined with Erin's. He nodded, glancing up at Erin before answering Acer. "Yeah, the pets around here don't seem to mind at all. The ones back home didn't talk to me for a long time after I came out... They've all grown to accept it by now though. Well... most of them." The blue tom shrugged. "There's always going to be some narrow-minded people though." He let that hang in the air for a moment, then smirked. "Plus, us cats are a little more accepting of liking someone from another species."
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black's ears twitched to a sound carrying in the wind. A whistle. Not just any whistle though, a Dog whistle set to the key of F. HIS dog whistle. He looked to Gladius, seeming as though he'd zoned out and not heard a single word the ferret had said. He looked at his sweater and hat next, they were damp still, but mostly dried. He slipped the sweater on, and pulled his beanie on afterwords. He adjusted his sweater, then looked up the street. "I'm used to it. Have to visit home first though." His ears twitched under his hat as he caught the sound of a different whistle, this one tuned to D, followed by one tuned to A. He smiled slightly at these too extra whistles. It meant he had time to explore a little, and it was always a good thing. He turned back to Gladius. "Where were you heading?" He wanted to see where Gladius had been going, after all, Black had no set destination, but Gladius seemed to be going on a path somewhere. If he was going to explore, might as well explore with company that he'd attained from his curiosity.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Well, I was planning on going to the commercial zone and buying myself a second lunch.", Gladius answered, "Though it has been a while since I had someone else to talk to so I'll continue tagging alongwith you if you don't mind.", he continued with a silly smile on his face. "I mean, since you are going home and it would be strange to invite someone you just met off the street.", quickly added the ferret with a somewhat surprised look.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky folded his arms and gave Sid a cocked eye. "Yeah, we've met already.."
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Hm, so Gladius was up to just follow him. Well, from what he heard earlier, thanks to those two extra whistles, his home was north, and then west. The whistle tuned to D meant North, and the A, West. "We'd be honored to have a guest." He gave a slight smile, and turned to continued walking. He tripped as a pebble under his foot rolled, and he fell directly to the street. He landed with an oof on his side, and gasped as a vehicle started to skid to a stop (luk 3). His reaction was slow, putting his paws up to meet the bumper as it just barely stopped. He stood up and wiped himself off, the owner getting out of the vehicle and looking at him worried. He recognized them immediately. "Jennie." He said, looking up at her as she knelt down to get more eye level with him. "Mister Black, are you alright?" She asked, to which he'd nodded. She sighed relieved. "Thank goodness, you have such terrible luck." She smiled weakly. "Zalgo's blessing." Was all Black said. "I suppose so. I thought I told you to walk furthest from the road... anyways, I'm off to fetch Carlos some new clothing, you'll find home 2 blocks up Mister Black." With that, she ruffled his fur a little, and got back in the truck before driving off. Black gave a quick wave bye and continued walking again. He stopped though, and turned back to Gladius. "That was rude of me, I should have introduced you."
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Hearing what seems to be an invitation, Gladius gave a large smile. "Thank you for your kind hospitality.", he was about to bow down but saw Black already turned his back so he decided not to anymore. He followed the husky for a while and just as he was about to raise a topic the dog tripped and started to fall towards the street, "Black!", he called out as he tried to grab the dog mid-fall but he slipped on a pebble that flew under his foot and just missed grabbing his companion's sweater and he would have also hit the ground if not for his quick recovery. He was arched and ready to pull Black off the street when the dog shielded himself as the car bumper met his paws. Gladius held his breath and felt time nearly stopping around him while the braking force echoed in his ears.

When he came to Black was again on his way. Was that a dream?, he doubted his own eyes as he stood up to see black turn to him. "You're not hurt are you!", Gladius asked quite loudly with panic in his tone. He was already ignoring Black's apology as he was more concerned of the welfare of his friend... We are, right?, he thought to himself as he noticed how much he was involving himself with someone he met just a few minutes ago. He felt a strong heartbeat pound his chest and his hands were cold. He quickly assured, "I'm alright..", before he arched down in steps though one of his arms quickly supported his upper body by trussing it against his legs and prevented him from dropping to the ground. "Wow, I never thought I'd feel this again.", he accidentally said out loud from his thoughts.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Tantrum looked back and forth between the three. "So, we all cool now?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to trigger any fighting or the like.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black took on for once more of an expression. It was of worry, even though it wasn't great worry he at least showed he had emotions. He placed a paw on Gladius' shoulder, tilting his head to the side as his ears perked up a little despite being under his hat. "Feel? Are you okay?" He asked; despite the ferret already saying he was alright, Galdius looked like he had a mild heart attack. Then again, he could assume Gladius wasn't as use to things like that happening as Black was. He had very bad luck, was always getting hurt. From his upbringing, he was always told it was because of Zalgo. We won't get into that now though. Moving inwards, to the other side of Gladius, he now stood furthest from the road, so as not to fall into it again. "Sorry if I worried you. I'm blessed with bad luck." He looked up, finding two blocks down. That was where they were heading.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius looked up and saw the expression Black had I should be the one who's worried., he held the thoughts back in his mind. "Yeah, it was just the effects of a powerful flashback of something long passed. I just never expected it would come back to haunt me even after so long.", claimed the ferret as he stood up straight.

"No.", Gladius shyed his head down, "I'm sorry to have trouble you with it.", he apologized in response to Black's apology. He continued to look at the ground, though he suddenly peeked at the husky and asked, "Blessed with bad luck? Wouldn't that be a bit ironic?" Where have I read that before..., he though while he asked.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black nodded as if understanding the power of memory. It could be devastating if the memory was bad enough, and blissful if the memory was the opposite. Repression usually happens in these cases though, and that's why it's so bad for them to remember, they get hurt from remembering because their mind refuses to let them. It's a painful process, from what he read.

He looked away, and finally took his paw back now that Gladius seemed to have caught his second wind. He started to walk again, thinking in silence in moment. He remembered something one of the children said to him when he was younger. "A gift from someone treasured; good or bad, is still a gift." Ah, now he remembered. The book of Inglip. It was a proverb made by those blessed by Zalgo. An old book. Every copy known in existence was never perfectly the same as the other. An old book, it's teachings going further back then that of even a Buddhist's tale. It's so rare, it's mentioned in nearly every archeological book. So far, a single book of Inglip has been found for each Continent, which means it was a widely known tale a long time ago, and that it was purposely taken and spread around the world for the purpose of telling others. "My gift, is bad luck. To bare the accidents, and bring the gift of luck to those around me."
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius quickly ran in front on Black, though a bit to the side as not to impede his path, and gave a bow of respect. "Thank you for shielding me with you protection.", he said earnestly without malice, ridicule or sarcasm. He stayed in his position for a few more seconds before slowly rising and resumed following Black home. Wow, I never thought I would meet one in my life., Gladius thought as he remembered an old book Oleus deciphered in the dig.
Flashback wrote:
"The Keepers of Ill-Fates.
While most people would live the world as how they see it, a dark secret evades all but the keenest of eyes. While people drink, eat and be merry, there are those that take the burden of equalizing the world from all their good fortune. These are the Keepers of Ill-fates, having accepted the role to shoulder the consequences of the joy of the world....

<Lengthly storytelling>

"Well, that's it for tonight. Be sure to thank them if you get the chance, you wouldn't have this comfy bed if not for them."
"I will be sure to."
"But don't I have you to thank for now? Hee hee hee."
"Well there is that, but give credit to whom credit is due.

I'm so ashamed to have enjoyed that candy..., he thought to himself thinking he nearly taken the husky's life. "So... How long have you had this gift?", he shyly asked while he spun circles with meeting index fingers.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black gave a hesitant look at Gladius as he stepped in front of him and bowed. He hardly understood what the ferret meant by this gesture, but assumed he felt somehow obligated to thank him for his own bad luck. Black doubted his misfortune at this time was influencing Gladius'. He smiled lightly, but shook his head softly to rid himself of the smirk. He then nodded to Gladius. "Birth." Was all he said, stopping at the corner and waiting for the light to change. Once it did, he proceeded to walk across the street, already being able to see his owners outside their new home, sitting in the lawn of the front yard. Like Black, they also wore outfits that were entirely black, except for some personal item which seemed to match the color of their eyes. The youngest; a girl, noticed the two as soon as they were on the street, and gave a gentle wave which Black returned with a nod of his head. The other children turning to look at what their sister had waved too.

Black looked at Gladius once more. "Ryan likes sweets..." He informed Gladius, directing the ferrets attention to the youngest of the two brothers, who seemed to be listening to music at the moment through his large headset.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

The ferret bowed to thank the girl for allowing him into their home. He saw the other children's eyes turn to them and he waved hello. He listened to what Black had to say and Gladius returned an 'OK' hand sign to Black after noting it down in his mind. He must like his family a lot to let them enjoy at his expense.. He approached the one called Ryan while his gave was still to his direction and crouched in front of him and opens a palm to try and catch his attention. Using a sleight of hand trick he learned from his mischievous twin in the past, he hid a candy behind his hand and made it "magically appear" after a series of distractions. His ending involves him silently offering the sweet candy dragee to the child.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

ctcmjh wrote:Erin shook his head slowly, "Well, in this neighborhood, it hasn't really been a problem." He said. He could tell that Acer didn't want to offend them, so he didn't take offense to it, "In my old neighborhood, the other dogs there didn't exactly like me for this kind of thing, though. They were a little more understanding about me being bisexual, but they had no mercy with the catlover thing." He told Acer, tightening his grip on Terry's paw.
JOFOXX wrote:Terry stared at the ground in concentration as he walked along, fingers entwined with Erin's. He nodded, glancing up at Erin before answering Acer. "Yeah, the pets around here don't seem to mind at all. The ones back home didn't talk to me for a long time after I came out... They've all grown to accept it by now though. Well... most of them." The blue tom shrugged. "There's always going to be some narrow-minded people though." He let that hang in the air for a moment, then smirked. "Plus, us cats are a little more accepting of liking someone from another species."
Acer nodded. “We canines do tend to have a far more idealized concept of how personal relations and friendships should be, as opposed to felines. To a certain degree, it’s all part of our instinct, and natural drive to follow a pack mentality. In nature, intimacy outside the species, or even the instinctual behavior of canines is something that can result to far more terrible fates than outcast. However, domestically it’s usually no worse than a social deterrent...usually. At any rate you two seem to be in just the right place for being so close, all the more indication of how enjoyable my new home will be.”
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black watched Gladius do his magic trick for Ryan, facepawing gently as the other children started to laugh at the trick, Ryan smiling happily as he accepted the piece of candy. In a moment, he replicated the trick in reverse, the candy disappearing, and the wrapper appearing again; empty. He smiled, and the crunch of the candy was heard as he chewed it. He nodded to Gladius, and pet the ferret twice before pointing at Black. Black stepped forwards. And in a moment, Ryan started up with sign language. Black translated. "Thank you for the sweet. It was much appriciated. I'll be sure to get you something in return one of these days. Carlos, can we keep him?" Black grinned at the last part, and glanced to Carlos who looked puzzled for a second before shaking his head no. Ryan frowned a little and started up his sign language again. "Why not, you got Black from the street... and Black brought him home, and he has candy." Black looked down, and Carlos stepped forwards, putting a hand on Ryan's shoulder. "He's not ours. You know better." With those few words, Ryan nodded and smiled again.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"That's surprising..", Gladius commented as he watched the textbook trick actually make something disappear. He would have clapped but he got a pair of pats, pats that sent the initiative away, and his attention was directed to Black who seemed to have interpreted the young boy's actions. Interesting..., thought the ferret as he followed the conversation, smiling back to the boy upon the conclusion of the conversation between the three. "We can be friends though.", he added to the smile while hovering a closed fist close to Ryan.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid continued to glare aggressively at the two dogs, his teeth gritted a bit at the somewhat hostile situation.
Peter-Rabbit straightened out, though his ears were still drooping, "Yeah, come on guys, lets not fight..."
Sid calmed a bit glancing over at this other cat, "Huh?" He looked back at Rocky and the other dog, "Alright Rocky, I'll chill..."
Peter-Rabbit walked over to the new cat, holding out a paw, "I'm Peter-Rabbit, Rocky is my cousin. Do you know him?"
Sid looked over at "Peter Rabbit", glancing at the hand but not shaking it, "Uh... Yeah, I'm friends with his brother Cale. My name's Sid."
Zander wrote:Rocky folded his arms and gave Sid a cocked eye. "Yeah, we've met already.."
Tobee wrote:Tantrum looked back and forth between the three. "So, we all cool now?" He asked cautiously, not wanting to trigger any fighting or the like.
Sid looked up and sighed, "Yeah... Yeah, we're 'cool'..." He looked around a bit, "So... Were you guys doin' somethin' 'fore I ran into you? Just standing around in the street?"
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black smiled as Gladius suggested the friendship. He was sure Ryan would like that. And Ryan's reaction to the fist was simple, as he made his own and pressed it to Gladius'. Carlos gave a chuckle as Cindy went inside, saying something under her breath about not liking rodents. That was when Black stepped up. "I'm sorry for her. She's... special." He said, Carlos nodded to Black at his explanation then helped Ryan up and the two followed their sister inside. Black took his spot in front of Gladius, he was holding his notebook, scribbling in it. Nothing specific though. It looked just like a couple of scratchy lines, but when one focused hard enough, they'd see what looked like an inverted picture of Gladius. He turned flipped the book closed and slipped it into his pocket before looking at Gladius. "Care to come inside? We just moved... so I'm afraid there may be a bit of a mess."
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius wondered at the comment he heard, he didn't bother with is as his not of rodent descent nor was there a trace of it in his blood. Was she talking about me?, he wondered as Black apologized, to which he replied, "I understand." He watched as the family went in, wondering about the clear lack of parents, either that or Carlos just looks very young.

Curiosity was one of the traits frowned upon in the retrieval business so it is a state that is suppressed through training and conditioning, some of which Gladius was an active participant of. Ne noticed Black writing something into his notebook, though he noticed the movement was more of that for drawing than for writing (P:7), though he failed to visualize what it could be (I:4)

We are here to move one thing to somewhere else, knowing what something is will never be part of our concern.

The words somehow seemed blurrier to Gladius than usual, it has started since Oleus reported to him about the appearance of his brother which was way back about eight months ago. There was this feeling he never felt before, or it was something familiar but he had no idea what it was. There had been times where he wanted to ask, but he never found the capability to do so. The same feeling was back, this time he wanted to ask, What... What... What is... What is that... What is that thing I was going to do again..?. The notebook clapped shut and the ferret was simultaneously snapped out of his thoughts and he turned to the husky just as the husky turned to him who was sporting his happy mood. He listened then without second thought he answered, "I would happy too, and don't worry about messes, I'm sure I've been in messier places far longer than the time I wasn't.", without a single hint that it might be a joke. "Can I take the same path they do or do I have to take another route?" he suddenly asked out of habit.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black looked at him for a moment, not making any kind of expression. He seemed to be good at that, seeming emotionless quite often. He all of a sudden turned, walking towards his front door. "Take what ever path you feel works for you.. the front door will be open though." He said disappearing into the house. And true to his words, the door remained open.

Black stepped inside, and everything was neat and tidy, except for a few boxes in the middle of the living room with his name on them. He'd asked for them not to be moved. The living room had a large screen T.V, an the furniture was brand new. There was a small coffee table which was holding Black's boxes, and he walked over, and started to look through them to figure out which box held which items. He stopped on a small box, and opened it. Removing a couple books; all of which were worn, and ratty, the names faded long ago, he removed the largest one. It was wrapped in a thin, yet sturdy cloth. He unwrapped it, and what was revealed was a thick book, easily a couple hundred pages long. It was a dark gray, and was embroidered with silver threads in a spectacular pattern ending with a symbol. It had no noticeable pattern, but it was easy enough to tell what the book was named. The name was carved into the cover, and the cuts had been filled with lead which left burn marks all around the area that had been covered by the metal when it was molten. It had no author... only a title, and it read Decay.

This book was clearly old, yet very well preserved. Black looked at it as though it were the ultimate treasure. His face remained unmoved with expression, but one could clearly tell by how he held this book and looked at it, that it was a meaningful item to him. His paws were careful, and he turned the pages slowly as if each one would crumble if he didn't take proper care for each individual one. Something was eerie about this book though, and the room seemed to darken in it's presence, but the heavy weight of that feeling lifted as Black slowly wrapped the book back up and slipped it under his arm before picking up a box, readying to bring it to his room.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius wondered to himself why he asked such a thing while the Husky looked at him. Did I say something wrong? he wondered to himself nervously, though not letting it show, and felt a rush of relief when Black turned away silently. He followed him in and looked around and quickly noticed the stark difference between this house and the Archaes'. "You have a very nice home.", he commented simply as he looked around while following behind Black.

He noticed his host taking a book after sometime, almost in the same degradation like one of those he retrieved from the ruins. From his observation however, he assumed that Black was busy so he just took a seat and watched.