Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

thrasherblades

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by thrasherblades »

"She's typically an Arabian tornado which hit on you muffins and cookies hard haha. muffins and cookies, I mean like, I can imagine all the other male cats which chase after her every single day and she chose you out of all of them. Random but sweet isn't it.." Shep said, turning to Joy and sharing the menu. A waiter came up to them and asked for their orders. "Hmmm....I think I'll have....a Moroccan style curry cheese fondue...mmm sounds interesting. What about you Joy?" Shep asked.

Soon enough, a man dressed in a tuxedo came up on stage and walked up to the mic. "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is an honour, to now introduce you to one of our finest talents from the Middle East. She has performed in many countries and with many artists worldwide. She has over 10 albums and has won over 50 music awards in her career. Without further ado...please give it up for....ENYA!!!!"

The heavy curtains rolled back, revealing her entering with an electric guitar strapped to her body. Her band came out soon enough and took their positions. The crowd behind the VIP section, where Shep, Joy and Jacob were, went wild, clapping and cheering loudly. Enya then went up to the mic. "Hello everybody and thank you! This one off new record. This one called "Graceful Sandstorm" Enya said. Her drummer gave the 4 count and they kick started with a latin rock number fueled with intricate middle eastern sounds.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Joy looked at the menu and didn't really understand what all of the different meals were. "Ill just have whatever he's having." She pointed to Shep.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Alright and you sir?" the waiter asked Jacob.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob scanned the menu briefly and then said, "I guess I'll have the same as them. It sounds pretty good."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

The waiter then took their menus and processed their orders. Shep was still worried for Joy as she had showed signs of worry even upon entry to the building. Her eyes were still looking down and she wasn't full of zeal as she used to be.

By then Enya had finished playing the first song. She stepped up to the mic and said: "Thank you thank you all! Now we playing our next new single. This one go out to my lovely boyfriend Jacob, this one is "A Night To Remeber". With that, Enya started off with a classical guitar line and a jazz-latin ballad soon followed.
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian glanced at the fox in surprise. One of the humans owned a wild animal? Curiosity was buzzing in the little corgi's brain, but he didn't want to say something that offended his new acquaintance. He tried to force the thoughts to the back of his head as he gave them a timid smile. "Oh! You're new here too?" Ian breathed a sigh of relief. At least he wouldn't be the only one not used to the neighborhood. He relaxed a little, allowing his arms to fall to his sides, and grinned at the fox. "Well, I don't feel like so much of an outcast now." The little corgi shuffled his feet sheepishly. "Er, my name's Ian, by the way. N-Nice to meet you."
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake went downstairs and found his father sleeping in the Living room on his comfortable chair he always sleeps in. Flake quietly went outside and looked for something he can do outside.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

When Jacob heard Enya mention him, a big grin came across his face, and once the music started playing, his eyes were glued to her, nothing distracting him from watching her perform.
Neko

Post by Neko »

"Welcome to the neighborhood. I'm Samantha, but just call me Sam." She smiled to the little corgi.

"Yea welcome, I'm Cale. This is my Bro Rocky," Cale grabbed hold of Rocky.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

As Xuan approaches the group of pets, where all of them seems to be surrounding a corgi, chatting.

I think I'll just g-

*Creeak*

Xuan accidentally stepped on a branch and produce a sound large enough for anyone in a 100 meter radius to hear it.

Argh! How can I not notice this! I'm too nervous and it's bad, bad, bad! He thought while watching the broken branch under his feet.

He lifted his head up, expecting everyone to be watching him.

"Err... Hi?" He said without second thought.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky got back up from the ground on the skates with Cale's help, leaning back on the stops to keep steady.
"uh- hi" He turned toward the new, new dog.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian smiled at them, returning his hand to his elbow(his normal shy reaction). "Th-Thanks!" He stammered, "It's nice to meet you all." He blinked up at all of them, turning his gaze to the dog scrambling back up. "Are you ok-" He stopped suddenly, cut off by a sharp sound nearby. Every muscle in Ian's little body jumped, and he yelped as he nearly jumped out his skin. He spun around quickly, staring franticly around for the source of the sound. His eyes came to rest on another dog walking toward them. He blew air through his teeth, trying to come himself down. "O-Oh... H-Hi there."
Last edited by JOFOXX on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale and Sam jumped slightly at the loud sound, turning to the new arrival. "Hey, you new too?"
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Realizing the gravity in this situation.

"H-Hi !" He replied to the corgi, while shaking his leg in an awkward way to shake off any splinters from the branch.

Facing the other pets, particularly an orange cat and a fox, "Hi, Hi to you, too!" He replied them in the same way as he replied to the said corgi just now while trying to calm himself down a bit.

Oww, I'm so awkward this time... He thought while at the same time inhaling before speaking.

"Yeah, I'm new here," he said, starting to pick up the pace, "My name's Xuan, an-and don't worry if you can't pronounce that," said Xuan with a guilty look on his face.

"And what do you mean by "too"? He continued, "You mean there's another one who's new here too? He replied in an obviously different tone, since he is delighted to find someone whose "status" is the same as his.

JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian stood rigid, staring at the new dog, or "Xuan". It took him a while to get himself calmed down again, and he breathed a sigh. "Hi Xuan." Ian said, waving his hand timidly. "I-I just moved here as well... today."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky looked at the two new pets again before tying to stand up on the Rollerblades.
Sure enough he fell down again. "Ow-"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale helped Rocky to his feet, "You ok?" He held him steady so he could get his balance.

"There seems to be a lot of new people lately, lots of new pets to meet!" Sam smiled.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Xuan can't help but giggles a bit seeing the scene before him.

"You moved here today? That's so cool, I just reached here like minutes ago!" Xuan replied.

"And there's more? I can't wait to meet all of them! Xuan replied with more a more enthusiastic tone this time, not realizing he is so animated when he talks.

He slowed down a bit, feeling a bit awkward, "Err... sorry but I haven't know your name yet, while I was so excited about others," said Xuan while looking at the other pets around.

JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian laughed awkwardly at Xuan's animated attitude. He did think it was odd that there were so many new people. "Y-Yeah, my parents haven't even finished moving in yet." He smiled, trying to seem less awkward. "I'm looking forward to meeting the others, too." Ian knew that wasn't entirely true. While he would like to get to know the other pets, meeting new people was hard for him. He looked over at the others before turning back to Xuan. "My name's Ian."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"I'm Cale, this is my bro Rocky."

"And I'm Sam."
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

"I- I~an, Cale and Sam..." Xuan tried to remember their names while at the same time pointing at them as he pronounce their names.

"And Rocky, wow are you okay? Just now..." said Xuan with a sympathetic smile on his face.

"Anyway, it is so~ nice to meet you all!" Said Xuan again with his clenched fists close to his chest.

Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Flake went into his father's Garage, found his old Skateboard he hasn't played with ever since a year ago. After about 3 minutes, Flake was already on his skateboard going fast until he saw a pet in his way, "Ahh.." He turned the other way to avoid hitting the pet with a yellow collar and Shaggy white hair ((I'm talking about Xuan, by the way.)) and hit a tree branch that scrapped his arm, hit another tree that actually stopped him but gave him a injured head and fell straight to the ground.
Last edited by Auzzo on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote:When Jacob heard Enya mention him, a big grin came across his face, and once the music started playing, his eyes were glued to her, nothing distracting him from watching her perform.
"Morrocan style curry cheese fondue. Careful it's hot!" a waiter said from behind Jacob, bring to their table this big pot filled with bubbling spicy cheese, followed by mini chicken sandwich cubes on sticks, resembling a kebab. "Oh yes. Miss Enya also sends this to you." the waiter said, taking a bottle of French imported grape juice from his tray. He popped the cork and poured the sweet smelling beverage into 4 wine glasses. "Thanks and enjoy!" he said, taking off quickly.
"Wow this seriously looks killer. And it is ugh......to die for!" Shep said, dipping in the kebab in the cheese and munching it slowly, loving the taste.

"Ok enough Latino music ya? So before we playing 2 last song, here is a cover. This one Deep Purple, Smoke on the water!!" Enya said, kicking in a lot of distortion in her amp and jamming along with band. To surprise Jacob abit, she brought the mic closer to her and sang out the lyrics fluently and doing a hot solo in between.
Zander

Post by Zander »

joy sighed and ignored her food. To into thought to take in the smells, and sounds.
without lifting her eyes, she scooted the plate closer toward Shep. "You can have it..."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

“Oh crap,” said Matt, “It’s a little wolf cub, and it’s hurt itself. Frank, dial the Vet, we need to get him checked up.” Gently, he picked up the cub and carried him to the car while Frank called the vet’s office. It was on speed dial, so the clinic soon picked up.

“Hello, Brookshire Meadows Veterinary Clinic, how may I help you?” said the Cranky Fat Lady.

“Hi, we found an unconscious wolf cub by the road just now. It appears to hit its head on a rock.”

The Cranky Fat Lady’s voice took a much more worried tone.
“Alright, take him down to the clinic as soon as possible, we’ll treat him there.”

The time was 4:30 PM.

Matt drove frantically to the clinic while Frank tended to the wolf cub to make sure it didn’t go into shock or anything like that. Who knew what could happen to young animals? They quickly arrived and the wolf cub was checked in for free.
“When wild animals are injured without the fault of the responding party, we always wave the fee,” said the Fat Lady, wringing her hands in distress. “Such a small pup, oh I hope he’s alright!”

Just then, Dr. Stones emerged from the clinic, carrying the small pup in his arms.
“How is he, doc?” asked Matt.
“He has a mild concussion, and for a small wolf cub that’s mildly worrying. I’ve decided that he should stay the night and be monitored, but I have confidence that despite his injuries he should be fine. Young animals have surprising abilities to bounce back from these injuries, you know. If there are any issues, bring him in immediately.”
“You’re a good man, Doctor Stones,” said Matt. “Thanks, we'll take care of him.”
“Of course, of course. You guys go home and give him plenty of rest.”

After Frank and Matt shook hands with The Good Doctor and headed home. As they drove, Frank, who was watching for more Ninja Fangirls, spotted a stadium that was all lit up. A large electronic announcement board advertised that….
“Hey Matt, Enya’s giving a concert tonight at 6:00! What time is it now? Can we go?
“It is… 5:00 PM. Sure we can go! What’s the exit we need to take?”
"Wait, what about the wolf?"
Matt considered.
"Eh, he can come with."

Frank and Matt pulled into the lot and walked up to the ticket counter

“Two ticket to Enya’s show, please,” said Frank.
“One pet, one adult, that’ll be ten dollars please.”
Matt handed over the money.
“Alright, your seats will be in the middle section in house right, enjoy your show!”
Frank and Matt made their way to their seats.

“So, you heard of Enya before now?” asked Frank, stretching and lounging about in the chair.
“Yeah. Unlike you, I do follow the industry news. She broke on the US Market about five years ago, was a big hit with the Middle Eastern demographic. Popular with the White Demographic too. In fact, I was gonna do an electronica re-mix of some of her music at some point.” As he spoke, Enya came on stage.
thrasherblades wrote: “Hello everybody, and thank you! This one off new record. This one called ‘Graceful Sandstorm’!”
The music kicked off, and Frank cheered.
“Wow, she’s good!” he said excitedly, feeling the beat. “I can see how you’d want to do a remix of this, it would be even more awesome with some of those funky effects you can do.”
“I know, right?” said Matt, grinning at the musical win.

Enya played brilliantly, the guitar dominating at the right moments and fading back when the others had their time to shine. All to soon it was over, with Frank and Matt falling back helplessly into their seats, exhausted from the cheering.
thrasherblades wrote: “Thank you, thank you all! Now we playing our next new single. This one go out to my lovely boyfriend Jacob, this one is “A Night to Remember.”

Frank’s eyes widened. His pupils dilated. His jaw dropped. Matt reacted similarly. They stared at each other.

“D-did she just DUMP ME in the FIVE HOURS I’ve been running from Fangirls?!” asked Frank, part outraged but mostly just shocked.
“..I think she did!” replied Matt, also stunned. Frank blinked several times, recovering. Then a sense of indignation and fury began to creep up on him, threatening to engulf his being with anger. Wisely, he tamped this down. No use getting mad here. Better to talk this out and try and resolve it without yelling. Taking a deep breath, he looked around, not really paying attention to Enya's cover of "Smoke on the Water".
“There. That’s the guy,” said Frank, pointing at a wildly grinning cat. “Stay here. Do not interfere.” He got up and quietly walked over to the VIP booth, slipping around the distracted-by-Enya’s-music security with his dexterous (+6) paws. He walked up behind Jacob, glaring at his head the whole time, and tapped him on the shoulder.

((DUN. DUN.))
Neko

Post by Neko »

He could hear loud noises in the distance, it steadily got louder until he couldn't take it any longer. His eyes slowly opened, the first thing he saw was Matt's face as he watched the show. he quickly jerked his head around and saw he was surrounded by all sorts of animals and humans. No, they aren't going to get me too! He leapt out of Matt's arms and landed on the floor, surrounded by feet and moving bodies. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know where to go. He tried to stand but his head throbbed and hurt, causing him to collapse to the floor clutching his head and pulling his knee's to his chest.Mother, Father, where are you?! His eye's began to tear from the pain of losing his parents and throbbing head.
FunkyChickenFace

Neko wrote:He could hear loud noises in the distance, it steadily got louder until he couldn't take it any longer. His eyes slowly opened, the first thing he saw was Matt's face as he watched the show. he quickly jerked his head around and saw he was surrounded by all sorts of animals and humans. No, they aren't going to get me too! He leapt out of Matt's arms and landed on the floor, surrounded by feet and moving bodies. He didn't know what to do, he didn't know where to go. He tried to stand but his head throbbed and hurt, causing him to collapse to the floor clutching his head and pulling his knee's to his chest.Mother, Father, where are you?! His eye's began to tear from the pain of losing his parents and throbbing head.
"Whoa now, pup, calm down," said Matt, "You hit your head crossing the road about an hour ago. We took you to the vet, and they said you'll be fine, just don't do anything crazy like run for it, eh? My name is Matt, what's yours? "
Neko

Post by Neko »

He looked up at the human named Matt, wondering why he was so nice. His parents had always told him to stay away from humans, that they could be dangerous.Maybe this human is trying to help me? He hasn't tried to hurt me yet....but whats a vet, or a concussion? He didn't move from his position on the floor, but he did look up at Matt. "Name? I don't have a name...."
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

"cool concert... though Im pretty hungry." zuchinni said as his stomach growled. thinking quickly... "hey mister!" pointing at
jacob, he said; "could you spare some fondu for the poor? my poor stomach that is!"
he didnt know if he would mind or not, but after all, whats the worst he could say? but becoming mor aware of his surroundings, he noticed someone approaching the fondu-guy from behind.
"actualy.. never mind." he said pointing at the angry cat approaching jacob. "that guy looks steamed enough to melt cheeze!"
HELLO THERE
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

Kytes was just finishing the finishing touches in his new room. He looked around. The kites he had hanging on the wall weren’t normal, per say; they were all either burnt, bent, or broken. He smiled and walked out of his room, downstairs into his parents’ room and stood behind a stack of boxes, “I’m done unpacking in my room.”

Mrs. and Mr. Stripes jumped. “Oh, well,” Mrs. Stripes started. “If you’re done, Kytes, you can go ahead and go outside.” As he left the room Mr. Stripes called out, “Just don’t break anything!”

Yeah, don’t break anything. That’s how we had to move here. I knocked over a tree, with a kite. Definitely learned my lesson there. Not. Kytes walked out of the house and looked around. Seeing nothing to do, he walked to the road and sat on the curb.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Neko wrote:He looked up at the human named Matt, wondering why he was so nice. His parents had always told him to stay away from humans, that they could be dangerous.Maybe this human is trying to help me? He hasn't tried to hurt me yet....but whats a vet, or a concussion? He didn't move from his position on the floor, but he did look up at Matt. "Name? I don't have a name...."
"No name? How do you have no name?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

The young pup sat up, still holding his head. "You don't get a name until you become of age...or whatever that means..." He wasn't sure why his pack had suck a strange tradition, why couldn't he just name himself?
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob almost didn't notice the tap on his shoulder, but when he felt it, he turned around to see who it was. "Yeah? What's up?" Jacob asked the Russian Blue. "Is something wrong with him? He seems kinda upset..."
FunkyChickenFace

"Oh. Well, that's kinda unusual. What happened to your pack?"

---With Frank----

"My name is Frank Holiday. My girlfriend was Enya. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE."

((I came SO CLOSE to "Diego Montoya" reference....))
Neko

Post by Neko »

He put his hands down, his head feeling a bit better. Though his heart ached heavily from what had happened. He started to cry, thinking he'd never see them again. "Humans took them all... I was the only one left...Father....told me to go east...." he said in between sobs.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"So this is Frank," Jacob thought to himself. "Well, it's simple," Jacob began, "Enya is tired of not having someone that can be there for her, and after you left, she was left feeling very lonely, so she turned to me. One thing led to another, and now we're together. Don't worry, though, I'm sure you'll find someone else. You've got tons of fans, any one of them would love to go out with you."
FunkyChickenFace

Matt gasped in horror, scooping up the Pup and hugging him. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Look, I've got ways to find them, did you see what direction they went?"

---With Frank---

Frank blinked.
"Oh. Well, that seems rather reasonable, actually." Frank sighed heavily. "To be honest, it still kinda hurts to know you've been dumped this quickly," he said, scratching the back of his head and pulled up a chair. "So I don't think we've met before. Sorry about the little display there, I hope you understand. Who're you?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Matt's hug was strangely comforting the young pup, his tears still flowing. "I don't know...It happened fast. Big loud metal things came and humans came out. Mother pushed me into a bush and told me not to move. There was a lot of noise and yelling. I stayed in the bush for a long time, but Mother never came back. When I got out everyone was gone so I did like Father said and went East. I found the same rock from before called...a road. Than I heard a loud noise and saw a bright light so I ran...then I woke up here."
FunkyChickenFace

Matt heaved a great sigh and sat back, listening to the still stunning rendention of "Smoke on the Water". Eventually, he came to a decision.

"Pup, why don't you come home with us. We have ways to find your family, and we have a place for you to live. Whaddya say?"
Neko

Post by Neko »

His tears stopped and he looked at Matt. He hugged his neck from happiness, "Thank you, thank you!" He was glad to have a home after walking for over a day, not to mention Matt would help him find his pack.