Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zalgo

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Zalgo »

Black came back from a room after dropping the box and book off in it and stood next to Gladius. The first thing to notice was his beanie and sweater were gone, and he was only wearing his collar. One after the other, the children came in and claimed a box from the table, and left with it. Black was silent for awhile before he spoke up. "Our parents are gone." He said. He figured Gladius might have wondered about where the adults in the house were. Everyone asked eventually, so Black had picked up the habit of letting new people know before they asked. It was far from subtle how he said it, and it easily implied; though he didn't say it, that they were dead. "Two years ago. They left a small fortune.. Carlos is the official Guardian of the others." He paused again, and for the first time since meeting Gladius, seemed to show the first signs of serious emotion. A sad expression, almost hurt. "He used to play... to many responsibilities now. He grew up too fast."
̧H͟e̢ w̷h́o̵ ̢́W̶͡͞a҉i̢t͜s̶̵ ͡͠B̴e̸h̵̛͡i̧͞n͟d T̛͢͠h̀e͜ ͠W̡͘͞a̶ĺ̴ļ͢.͏
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Black: S2 P8 E8 C8 I10 A3 L3
Gray: S7 P5 E8 C8 I5 A4 L5
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"I'm sorry to hear that...", Gladius replied as though empathizing the loss. He looked down on the the ground as he listened to the rest of Black's words, a slight peek made him caught a glimpse of the sadness on the husky's face. The situation and actions didn't really made sense to him at the moment, or maybe...

"Did your family move here for a new beginning then?", he asked to confirm his thoughts.
What do you mean "watch my words"? It's my tongue that I sharpened.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black watched as the last one to return was Cindy, grabbing the final box and hoisting it into her arms. She moved to walk away, but stopped and looked at Gladius. She stared for a moment before smiling softly, and nodded to him while muttering a quick 'sorry' and walked off. Black smiled slightly at this and moved around to take a seat next to Gladius. "I suppose so." He grabbed a remote, and pushed the button. The television flickered and came on. Static.

He stood up and moved to the T.V which was mounted on the wall. He ducked underneath it and reached up, fiddling with the wires. A buzz sound was heard, a light spark and Black's expression flinched for a moment with pain. THe T.V flickered again for a moment, and they had an image all of a sudden. A weather station. He climbed out from behind the T.V and was wiggling his hand a little. The fur on his finger was singed. More bad luck.

He retook his seat next to Gladius and looked at him for a moment, then to the T.V. He grabbed the remote, and held it in front of Gladius, offering him control of the set. "What does your owner do... if I might ask?"
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius took the remote and wondered what it did; the televisions he used for the past few years all had knobs to do the functions of the controller, though he didn't know that. Nevertheless he held on the 'funny stick' and looked to Black. "Owner?", he ponderously asked. "If you mean Oleus... He's an archeologist! A very good one at that, though he's the laboratory archeologist and not the on-site archeologist most people relate the word too.", he divulged with a happy tone of respect. "He always takes good care of the things I bring him and seeing them clean and like brand new on the museums makes makes me so happy.", Gladius shared, though starting to go off topic. "Oh, but he's not working like that so much right now since he's going all around and sharing the possible discovery of a civilization that had lived in the desert.", followed by a long thinking pause, "Eh I can't remember the name he gave it, but they make great peppers! A few hundred years and they're still good to eat.", he said with a conviction that could only come from one that had actually ate a piece of the ancient pepper he spoke about.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ellen and Erin had forgotten something at home, and had to go retrieve it. While they were gone, Terry and Ian went home too.

Erin and Ellen left their home, after changing their scarf and neckerchief, respectively. Erin wore his pink scarf, and Ellen wore her blue neckerchief. Because of them being twins, their genders could easily be mixed up by anyone seeing them; Any passing pet could mistake Ellen for a boy and Erin for a girl.

The twin dogs started down the sidewalk, sharing their experiences while Ellen was visiting their aunt.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

(( Epic idea here, lol ))
Sid walked down the street, his tail flicking predatorily back and fourth as he hunted for his next source of amusement. He rounded the corner to come into view of Erin and... a brother? Sid lifted his glasses just enough to look a bit closer at this blue-scarved character: nope. Female. It was Erin's sister, if they were even related: dog breeds looked too similar for Sid to differentiate too well, though he did differentiate one thing about this one: she was definately attractive. He slowed up a second to adjust his jacket and earrings and such, making sure to look decently cool. Once he was at least %20 cooler, he continued his signature alley-cat stride down the street, now approaching the two dogs and calling out in his smooth, yet slightly acidic tone, "Yo Erin. What's up. dog? And who's this good-lookin' girl ya got with ya?" he gave his signature Cheshire-cat grin...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black listened, a small smile playing upon his muzzle the entire time. Gladius really liked his owner, and seemed to have an interest in the same work as his owner. There was another thing about Gladius though. Most pets stayed away from Black thanks to his badluck. They were afraid it would wear off onto them, or just found him creepy in general. Not Gladius though. Gladius seemed to take things in stride, accepting them as they were. He was happy, and spoke a lot, and seemed to enjoy the smaller things in life. Black watched him for a moment before looking away. "Sounds tasty." He said, watching the T.V for a moment before glancing out a nearby window. He yawned a little, covering his mouth as he did. He blinked a few times, and glanced over the back of the sofa. It was quiet in the house. "Museum... do you dig?"
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki walked through the woods with a yawn. it was getting close to winter, and the forest was just starting to lose its leaves. Soon only the needles of the evergreens would remain. He slowed to watch a squirrel grabbing the few remaining acorns of a nearby tree, and smiled a bit: the forest was showing signs of recovery from its famine. He and the squirrel gave each other a quick wave before he quickened his pace again, heading for the edge of the forest. He crawled through the bushes and hopped the fence, finding himself back in Brookshire Meadows, where there might be something interesting to do. He walked down the street, only passively observing the unnatural yards and buildings known as "houses", but became more attentive when he noticed something odd. He walked over to the strange, bowl-shaped object which lie on the ground, giving it a close look: it was one of those things that humans put on their roofs, some form of communication, a "satellite dish" was it called? He'd seen a few at the ranger's station and the cell-phone and radio towers which were elsewhere in the woods... He looked up at the house: perhaps it had fallen off the roof? He walked over to the front door and knocked a bit, pausing for a moment before realizing he might also ring the doorbell. Ding!

(( This is Black's house. Please have him get the door. ))
(( Also, note about Rikki: he's an older looking raccoon who is visibly affiliated with the wildlife-preserve's park-rangers in that he's wearing a ranger-green collar with a badge-style tag and a little walkie-talkie clipped to the side. Check his character sheet for details. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Zalgo wrote:Black listened, a small smile playing upon his muzzle the entire time. Gladius really liked his owner, and seemed to have an interest in the same work as his owner. There was another thing about Gladius though. Most pets stayed away from Black thanks to his badluck. They were afraid it would wear off onto them, or just found him creepy in general. Not Gladius though. Gladius seemed to take things in stride, accepting them as they were. He was happy, and spoke a lot, and seemed to enjoy the smaller things in life. Black watched him for a moment before looking away. "Sounds tasty." He said, watching the T.V for a moment before glancing out a nearby window. He yawned a little, covering his mouth as he did. He blinked a few times, and glanced over the back of the sofa. It was quiet in the house. "Museum... do you dig?"
Gladius smiled with content as it wasn't everyday that there would be someone who showed interest in his line of work. "I used to dig a lot, but recently Oleus has just been bringing me around with him for his presentation so I've just been handling artifacts recently.", Gladius explained happily though a tone of discontentment could be hinted out. "Although there were places where I found some strange hoardings--", he was going to continue although he suddenly stopped when he heard a chime.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki walked through the woods with a yawn. it was getting close to winter, and the forest was just starting to lose its leaves. Soon only the needles of the evergreens would remain. He slowed to watch a squirrel grabbing the few remaining acorns of a nearby tree, and smiled a bit: the forest was showing signs of recovery from its famine. He and the squirrel gave each other a quick wave before he quickened his pace again, heading for the edge of the forest. He crawled through the bushes and hopped the fence, finding himself back in Brookshire Meadows, where there might be something interesting to do. He walked down the street, only passively observing the unnatural yards and buildings known as "houses", but became more attentive when he noticed something odd. He walked over to the strange, bowl-shaped object which lie on the ground, giving it a close look: it was one of those things that humans put on their roofs, some form of communication, a "satellite dish" was it called? He'd seen a few at the ranger's station and the cell-phone and radio towers which were elsewhere in the woods... He looked up at the house: perhaps it had fallen off the roof? He walked over to the front door and knocked a bit, pausing for a moment before realizing he might also ring the doorbell. Ding!

(( This is Black's house. Please have him get the door. ))
(( Also, note about Rikki: he's an older looking raccoon who is visibly affiliated with the wildlife-preserve's park-rangers in that he's wearing a ranger-green collar with a badge-style tag and a little walkie-talkie clipped to the side. Check his character sheet for details. ))
"Hm? Was that the doorbell I heard?", he inquired to Black about the interrupting sound.

((Aye, sorry for the late reply.))
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

((OOC: Gah, sorry. Been busy lately. ))

Black chuckled lightly, almost too lightly for it to be a noticeable sound. He guessed Gladius had a taste for the field work more then the desk jobs. He seemed to energized and outgoing to be the kind of pet to stay in one place for long. He was nearly Black's opposite. He didn't like moving fast, he was quiet, and by some means could even be considered lazy. The one thing he had in common with Gladius so far was that they loved field work. Well, Black didn't actually work in a field... but he liked being outside getting the smell of the earth in his fur. His ears perked up as the doorbell rang. And unexpected of a quiet one like him, he shouted. "I got it!" He pushed off the couch, and walked around it going for the door. For good reason he stayed quiet too, when he spoke louder then normal, his voice became a rough, crackle almost. If it could be described as something, it would be sand paper rubbing on a bass drum.

He opened the door, and looked at the Raccoon that now stood in his door way. Wildlife? No, he had a collar. They could have pets like him out here? Black hoped Ryan wouldn't find out. "Can I help you?"

::EDITED::
Last edited by Zalgo on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zalgo wrote:((OOC: Gah, sorry. Been busy lately. ))

Black chuckled lightly, almost too lightly for it to be a noticeable sound. He guessed Gladius had a taste for the field work more then the desk jobs. He seemed to energized and outgoing to be the kind of pet to stay in one place for long. He was nearly Black's opposite. He didn't like moving fast, he was quiet, and by some means could even be considered lazy. The one thing he had in common with Gladius so far was that they loved field work. Well, Black didn't actually work in a field... but he liked being outside getting the smell of the earth in his fur. His ears perked up as the doorbell rang. And unexpected of a quiet one like him, he shouted. "I got it!" He pushed off the couch, and walked around it going for the door. For good reason he stayed quiet too, when he spoke louder then normal, his voice became a rough, crackle almost. If it could be described as something, it would be sand paper rubbing on a bass drum.

He opened the door, and looked at the Racoon that now stood in his door way. Wildlife? No, he had a collar. They could have pets like him out here? Black hoped Ryan wouldn't find out. He then looked at what the Raccoon was holding, and scratched his head. He looked over the sofa at the T.V. He looked just below it to find the little black Satellite receiver. It was off. He'd forgotten about that...
(( Please don't control other people's characters, especially since you didn't know what Rikki was going to say. ))
Rikki looked up at the black dog who answered the door, a bit heartened to find that a pet who he hadn't met lived here. "Hi, I was just passing by and I noticed that radio-dish lying on the ground in front of your house," he gestured to the bowl-shaped object lying in front of the house, "I think it fell off your roof and I wondered if you knew about it?"
"Knew I forgot something." He said, turning back to the Raccoon. He opened the door wider and stepped towards him, paws out to receive the dish. "Thanks."
(( He never picked up the dish. :| ))
"I'm Rikki by the way. Are you new to this area?"
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

(( I didn't control. I never made your character move, or react in anyway. Mine simply moved and thought accordingly to how I misread your post. His "I" is 10, so he could easily put it together if this raccoon came up with a satellite dish and his stuff wasn't working right. And also, I'm sorry for misreading your post. I'm tired, it happens. ))

Black leaned out the door, following the gesture. The door frame he was holding onto creaked under his weight. His ears perked up, and he moved to push off of it quickly. Unluckily for him, speed was not his forte (A-3), ad the frame snapped before he could get away, causing him to drop to the ground thanks to his awkward angle at the moment of it breaking. He landed with a thump, just off to the side of the raccoon. He was on his back thanks to attempting to catch himself, which only ended up with the frame coming more free and hitting him in the muzzle as he laid there (L-3). His eye's closed as he flinched in pain, but relaxed as it left and he pushed the wood off, standing up and wiping himself off.

He turned back to the Raccoon now, and scratched at his neck. "Didn't fall. Hasn't been set up yet." He finally responded, looking to the dish again, a small piece of frame from above coming off and bouncing off his head as he closed his eye's. An expression of unhappiness, or maybe intense frustration washed over him. He remained silent for a moment, the expression leaving slowly before he regained his composure. "Black. I am."
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Zalgo wrote:Black leaned out the door, following the gesture. The door frame he was holding onto creaked under his weight. His ears perked up, and he moved to push off of it quickly. Unluckily for him, speed was not his forte (A-3), ad the frame snapped before he could get away, causing him to drop to the ground thanks to his awkward angle at the moment of it breaking. He landed with a thump, just off to the side of the raccoon. He was on his back thanks to attempting to catch himself, which only ended up with the frame coming more free and hitting him in the muzzle as he laid there (L-3). His eye's closed as he flinched in pain, but relaxed as it left and he pushed the wood off, standing up and wiping himself off.

He turned back to the Raccoon now, and scratched at his neck. "Didn't fall. Hasn't been set up yet." He finally responded, looking to the dish again, a small piece of frame from above coming off and bouncing off his head as he closed his eye's. An expression of unhappiness, or maybe intense frustration washed over him. He remained silent for a moment, the expression leaving slowly before he regained his composure. "Black. I am."
(( Yeah, I guess it's not directly "controlling", but do you mind going through a shorter time-span in your posts? Rikki needs a chance to react to things, like someone falling, 'cause he would totally have helped him up... ))
Rikki would have caught the dog, but as the dog's bad luck was, he was paying attention to the dish and the interesting smells he was smelling, as well as the odd tingling in his tail. He wasn't even looking when he heard the crack, but had instinctively jumped back and turned to face the sound, only in time to see Black hit the ground. He looked down at him for a second, blinking before kicking the wood away and helping him up. Rikki nodded, "Hmm... ok then..." He looked up at the doorframe, "Um... Are you gonna need wood to fix this?" he asked, totally ignorant of how such things were typically handled.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

(( OOC: Black tries not to bother others with his misfortune, hence he would of denied being helped up anyways. Sorry. ))

Black looked to the door frame, the loud crack having attracted the attention of the others in the household. They stood behind Black now, a bit further in the house, only looking to see what was going on. They soon departed back to what they were doing, leaving the situation to Black as they often did. He scratched the back of his neck slowly, looking the broken area up and down. "I guess." He didn't really know much about working with wood, being more of a tech guy then anything else. He was good with electronics, machines, and books, but not construction. Looking back to the coon, he shifted his collar like it was uncomfortable, only to loosen it a bit. "I'll try fixing it tomorrow..." He stepped aside, gesturing with his paw. "Come in, if you'd like."
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, still looking up at it, "You should, we're due to have rain some time this week..." He looked back, peering into the strange house, "Um... Sure! I'm not really doing anything, just wandering about until someone gives me a call on the walkie-talkie..." he tapped the police-radio which was clipped to the side of his collar, flashing a grin up at Black. He peered inside a bit, slightly cautious as he walked through the doorway: he still wasn't used to just going into human houses.

Rikki tended to be wary around humans and their developments. He'd lived in the woods all his life, and had only been given a collar less than a year before by the local ranger, Jack, who was the only human he'd ever had any sort of close relation with, and he knew full well that most humans weren't like him. Now, knowing that there were several humans in the house with him quickly put him in a cautious state in case one of them came running with a broom or something... whatever humans do when they decide they don't want someone in their house...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Epic idea here, lol ))
Sid walked down the street, his tail flicking predatorily back and fourth as he hunted for his next source of amusement. He rounded the corner to come into view of Erin and... a brother? Sid lifted his glasses just enough to look a bit closer at this blue-scarved character: nope. Female. It was Erin's sister, if they were even related: dog breeds looked too similar for Sid to differentiate too well, though he did differentiate one thing about this one: she was definately attractive. He slowed up a second to adjust his jacket and earrings and such, making sure to look decently cool. Once he was at least %20 cooler, he continued his signature alley-cat stride down the street, now approaching the two dogs and calling out in his smooth, yet slightly acidic tone, "Yo Erin. What's up. dog? And who's this good-lookin' girl ya got with ya?" he gave his signature Cheshire-cat grin...
The twins looked to Sid as he approached them. Erin waved to Sid, "Hey Sid! How are you?" He asked him. He might not be that close of friends with Sid yet, but he always seemed like a good cat. Ellen smiled at Sid, "I'm Erin's sister, Ellen. And you know, for a cat, you're pretty good-looking yourself." She replied to him.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black followed the coon inside, and closed the door behind him. He wiped his feet on the little foot carpet at the doorway out of habit, even though he'd not actually stepped outside. Walking past Rikki, he noticed the guy had stiffened from the children who'd come to investigate (P8). He gave a small entertained grunt, and pointed a thumb towards the living room as a gesture. "Their harmless." He assured the coon, now walking towards the living room. Upon entry, he looked to Gladius and smiled ever so slightly. "We've got a visitor, Gladius."

(( OOC: Sorry for the shorter post, I'm running on dry for some reason.))
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

Gladius turned to take a look at the newcomer and immediately recognized the familiar animal. A procyonid..., he thought as he rose to his feet to meet with the guest. "Good morning.", he greeted politely, offering a hand to the raccoon as he continued, "My name's Gladius, also a guest of Black.".
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Sorry I haven't posted sooner guys, been super-busy... ))
ctcmjh wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Epic idea here, lol ))
Sid walked down the street, his tail flicking predatorily back and fourth as he hunted for his next source of amusement. He rounded the corner to come into view of Erin and... a brother? Sid lifted his glasses just enough to look a bit closer at this blue-scarved character: nope. Female. It was Erin's sister, if they were even related: dog breeds looked too similar for Sid to differentiate too well, though he did differentiate one thing about this one: she was definitely attractive. He slowed up a second to adjust his jacket and earrings and such, making sure to look decently cool. Once he was at least %20 cooler, he continued his signature alley-cat stride down the street, now approaching the two dogs and calling out in his smooth, yet slightly acidic tone, "Yo Erin. What's up. dog? And who's this good-lookin' girl ya got with ya?" he gave his signature Cheshire-cat grin...
The twins looked to Sid as he approached them. Erin waved to Sid, "Hey Sid! How are you?" He asked him. He might not be that close of friends with Sid yet, but he always seemed like a good cat. Ellen smiled at Sid, "I'm Erin's sister, Ellen. And you know, for a cat, you're pretty good-looking yourself." She replied to him.
Sid Grinned, slowing to a stop in front of the two and leaning forward, "Why thank you! I do try to keep my appearances up." he looked back and fourth between the two, "So you two are from the same litter I presume? I thought you looked pretty similar..." The sun glinted off of his thick sunglasses, along with his two makeshift brass earrings, his sharp, clean teeth, and the stainless steel spikes on his spiked collar. "Would you two happen to be doing anything today? I seem to have miraculously gotten out of all obligations, and now I'm totally useless until tomorrow... Which is 'lie around and watch cartoons' day... but anyway..." he continued to grin in their faces, his head tilted up at them, waiting for a response...
Zalgo wrote:Black followed the coon inside, and closed the door behind him. He wiped his feet on the little foot carpet at the doorway out of habit, even though he'd not actually stepped outside. Walking past Rikki, he noticed the guy had stiffened from the children who'd come to investigate (P8). He gave a small entertained grunt, and pointed a thumb towards the living room as a gesture. "Their harmless." He assured the coon, now walking towards the living room. Upon entry, he looked to Gladius and smiled ever so slightly. "We've got a visitor, Gladius."
Hypergenesis wrote:Gladius turned to take a look at the newcomer and immediately recognized the familiar animal. A procyonid..., he thought as he rose to his feet to meet with the guest. "Good morning.", he greeted politely, offering a hand to the raccoon as he continued, "My name's Gladius, also a guest of Black.".
Rikki walked into the room, slowing a bit at the... was that a young weasel? No, wait... it was fully grown but... small? Pifer and Kylie were average-sized weasels, but this one was much shorter than him even... Was this some species of weasel he'd never encountered? He looked down and shook it's paw, in any case, "Uh... Hi, I'm Rikki." He let go, tilting his head in confusion, "Sorry if this is kinda weird for me to ask, but are you a weasel of some sort? You look like one but I've never seen one your... uh... size..."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Hngh... My brain hurts..Weasels.. Mustela... Yeah, I am a weasel.", Gladius answered after a short thought. "I'm actually a ferret, a member of the weasel family. We're the domesticated weasels according to what I read in a few museums, which would explain the similarity.", he informed Rikki. "It's just like wolves and dogs.", he said with a chuckle, "We may share some characteristics but we differ in more than one way as well. Though I never met an actual weasel to make the observation. So I can't tell you so much right now."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( Sorry I haven't posted sooner guys, been super-busy... ))
ctcmjh wrote: Sid Grinned, slowing to a stop in front of the two and leaning forward, "Why thank you! I do try to keep my appearances up." he looked back and fourth between the two, "So you two are from the same litter I presume? I thought you looked pretty similar..." The sun glinted off of his thick sunglasses, along with his two makeshift brass earrings, his sharp, clean teeth, and the stainless steel spikes on his spiked collar. "Would you two happen to be doing anything today? I seem to have miraculously gotten out of all obligations, and now I'm totally useless until tomorrow... Which is 'lie around and watch cartoons' day... but anyway..." he continued to grin in their faces, his head tilted up at them, waiting for a response...
((No worries at all! I've been a bit busy myself.))
Ellen chuckled a little, "Yeah, we're from the same litter. I'm still his older sister." She joked, teasing Erin. Erin rolled his eyes, "No, we're not doing anything. Did you have something in mind?" He asked.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black watched the two, and gave a toothy smile as he turned away from them. Weasel? Gladius was small for a ferret, yes... but weasels were much smaller. At least.. that's what he read in a book. Weasels were hard to take care of apparently, which is why most people went with Ferrets, they were easier to feed since their less picky. Maybe he should trust books a little less? He'd discovered not all the information was accurate all the time. Many of the facts weren't tested on a wide basis either, rather a small group instead. "Can I get you anything, Rikki? You too, Gladius now I think about it.." He turned back to them, his expression back to it's blank slate. He was thirsty himself, so he figured if he was getting a drink he should get his guests something too.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki looked down at "Gladius", finding the name interesting, as well as the character in general... "Huh... uh... Well... The ones around here are a bit bigger..."
He looked up at Black, who was offering to get him things... Did he want anything? He looked at Black, thinking for a second as to what the dog might be able to offer... Well, he didn't really need anything. "No thanks, I'm fine," he said, looking over at the couch, "Mind if I sit down though?" he looked up at Black and gestured to the couch, "I'm not shedding or anything." he added to reassure him...

==== Meanwhile ====
"Uh... I dunno..." Sid looked around, grasping at straws, "Uh... We could explore the forest: that place is kinda weird..." He looked off towards the fence at the end of the street, beyond which was the forest...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki looked down at "Gladius", finding the name interesting, as well as the character in general... "Huh... uh... Well... The ones around here are a bit bigger..."
A tiny smile grew on Gladius' face, Oleus might want to hear about this...
Zalgo wrote:"Can I get you anything, Rikki? You too, Gladius now I think about it.." He turned back to them, his expression back to it's blank slate. He was thirsty himself, so he figured if he was getting a drink he should get his guests something too.
*POP*His thought burst as he heard his name. "Oh, uh... I wouldn't want to impose but water would be great.", Gladius answered meekly, forgetting that he was in a city where water is plentiful.
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black nodded to Rikki to confirm permission to sit down, and he gave a slight smile to Gladius as he turned away and headed for the kitchen. "So be it." He said, disappearing around the corner into the other room. After a couple seconds of rummaging, some wooden door like sounds, and the sound of a fridge with some odd crinkling noises, Black returned. With him, he balanced a plastic bottle in his arms; two of them, filled with water, and a bag of plain chips with a container of dip resting on top of the bag. "Just about anything is fair game." He informed them, setting the objects down on the table in the living room and holding the bottle of water out to Gladius. Their water wasn't hooked up yet, so bottled would have to do.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Thank you very much.", Gladius said slightly elongating each of the syllables as he reached for the bottle of water. He placed the remote control on the table, having forgotten about holding on to it ever since the time Rikki arrived and quickly twisted the bottle open. He took a drink from the bottle, though it was barely what another would call a sip. What's in the bag?, he wanted to ask. From the time he woke up to the present, nearly a hundred different objects has piqued to his curiosity and being naturally curious was slowly nibbling at his patience. Oleus usually notices his curiosity, despite the ferret showing only the slightest of signs, and satisfies it by telling his a bit about it. Right now however, the man was no where in sight and he felt like he was being a heavy burden to his newfound friend. It was just moments ago that they've met and now he's in his home, consuming his resources, living off his bad luck and probably dividing his attention from his other guest... His eyes popped wide open and he quickly pulled himself away from the bottle and swallowed the insignificant amount he held in his mouth. "This water's so clean!", he exclaimed with great surprise, A bit too clean..., he judged the distilled water as he was used to drinking spring and rain water for almost all his life as his partner, being an enthusiast of water taken straight from nature, only stocked and provided water of such variants. He quickly returned to his normal posture, the water spinning aimlessly in the bottle as he pulled it back close to himself, only lower as it was now on level with his chest. "oops..., he breathed out as a whisper, his face flushed with embarrassment from yelling out loud for no reason at all while his head lowered like a turtle withdrawing into its shell.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, plopping down on the couch as Black walked out. He drew his legs up on it and pushed himself into the corner, getting comfortable. He looked at the doorway where Black was making noise, and straightened up a bit as Black came back carrying food. He grinned, leaning forward and putting one of his forepaws on the table, making a bridge between the couch and the table as he reached into the bag with the other hand and pulled out a handful of chips before leaning back and plopping back down on the couch. "Thanks!" he said, beginning to munch...

(( Oh, you posted as I was finishing this one... lol Sorry I took so long. ))
He glanced over at Gladius, who had remarked on the cleanliness of the water: that wasn't unusual, as human water was very clean, though he'd never seen someone as clearly domesticated as Gladius point it out...
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

"We boil, and bottle our own." Black informed Gladius who had burst out with his remark. Black immediately recognized his new friends embarrassment and chuckled a little, opening the second bottle. They were thicker then the ones you could get at the store, which meant they were reusable to some extent. It was something that Cindy started, she sterilized the bottles in a cleaning solution, and rinsed them in hot water. Black was fond of this, produced less waste. "So... Rikki, where do you live?"
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Me?" Rikki said, tilting his head. Black probably hadn't realized that he was a wild animal, and he didn't know how he might react, so he simplified, "Well... I live with the Ranger, in the nature preserve." He pointed in the direction of the fence which separated the development from the forest where Rikki lived, then moved his hand to tap the radio on his collar, "See? I'm ready to answer if anyone calls me. That's my job." he smiled.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Uh... I dunno..." Sid looked around, grasping at straws, "Uh... We could explore the forest: that place is kinda weird..." He looked off towards the fence at the end of the street, beyond which was the forest...
Erin nodded, "Yeah the forest is kinda weird." He agreed. Ellen grew a wide grin on her face, "A weird forest? That sounds awesome!" She replied.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid grinned, "Yep! Let's get going!" he turned and started leading them down the street...

(( Yes RP! You can do it! MOOOVE!! ))
Zalgo

Post by Zalgo »

Black nodded, looking at the Radio. He stepped up, gesturing to it with his paw. "Would you mind?" He had an interest in electronics, and wanted to know it's specs. It was fairly small to fit on the collar, so it's transceiver and transmitter had to have a limited range, which meant Rikki must not go too far into the forest if he needs to stay in contact. Now that he was closer to Rikki, he caught some scents he never really noticed before thanks to the overwhelming smells of the new home. Smells like this could only really mean one thing. "Domesticated feral?" He questioned Rikki. Well, maybe that wasn't the proper term that would be used, but he definitely smelt like he lived outside for the most part. Black would eventually smell like trees and wood if he stayed here long enough, he loved being in nature. But, Rikki smelt like soil, and leaves, and had a kind of dampness to the scent as well. Black got that kind of dampness in his own fur when he went out early in the morning. Fog and Dew stayed in the forest longer then in an urban area.
͝Z̧Ą́L͠G̨͜҉O̕͞.҉̧
͜͠

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( Actually, it's kind of bulky for something on a mid-sized animal's collar, and the range is from the tower at the ranger's station to a several mile radius. I should post the picture... ))

"This? Um..." Rikki looked down at the radio on his collar, touching it with his fingers, "Um... Ok, but be careful with it and don't hit any buttons..." He undid the clips and took it off, handing it over to Black to look at when Black asked him the question. 'Domesticated feral'? He thought, Well, he's noticed that I'm from the woods, so I guess that'll do for now... He shrugged, "I guess you could say that... I work for the Ranger's office alot in the wildlife preserve... Actually..." he smiled, reaching into his collar and pulling out a little ID card which listed him as a deputy-trainee, showing the face of it to Black, "Ever since I learned to read, I've been working to pass the exam to become a full deputy, so I'll be able to fill out paperwork and stuff. Officially, I mean..." he added, as he already did most of that stuff on an unofficial basis, and Jack even had him drive the truck sometimes, which wasn't something he was supposed to do without something called a "driver's license"...

(( lol, Gladius can pop in whenever he's interested... ))
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

A test..., Gladius thought, I wonder how he's doing...

"A test?", Gladius asked with full interest. "Of what sorts? I remember getting a physical test and a written one as well before I got my ID.", he informed and he pulled out his wallet and presented an official "Archeological Assistance Animal" ID and badge. "I got it when I was one.", he added, "Although I don't think I'll ever need to use it again."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Eh, not much, I just need to take a written test on human laws and stuff, and show them the paperwork that says I'm not rabid or horribly disabled in some way, then we just go to some place in Yorkshire where I'm supposed to climb trees and fences and maul a guy in a stuffed-suit so they know I'm physically capable of all this stuff. Shouldn't be too hard... Though I am finding some of the stuff I'm reading about rather... discomforting..." Rikki eyed the ID, reading it to himself and trying to discern what it said, "Ar-cheo-logical... Archeological? Oh, so.. you like, dig up stuff?" Rikki tilted his head: Gladius looked a bit small to be digging holes and such...
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Something like that.", answered the ferret, "Though I am more of a retriever actually...". The ferret looked around a bit, but as he saw nothing to use as visual aids he just continued, "I'm usually clearing paths and disabling traps for the excavators, they're the ones who actually do the digging. We retrievers are the ones who spot and retrieve what's valuable."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki nodded, but still didn't totally get it, "So... You're like a 'Tomb Raider'? ...Do you... carry glocks and fight monsters then?" Until now, Rikki was pretty sure that movie had made it up, especially since Jack had made fun of it at the time, but now he wondered if Jack had made fun of the corny interpretation of something that actually happened... He tilted his head....
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Well I guess most people would relate to it that way...", commented Gladius silently, "Guns are too scary..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki tilted his head, "What? Huh? What did you say? I... I didn't get your answer..." He hesitated for a second before trying to loosen Gladius up a bit, "Um... I have a gun. I mean, not on me at the moment, but it's a break-loading revolver, so... I mean, I'm just curious, I have no idea what you do..."
Hypergenesis

Post by Hypergenesis »

"Sorry.", apologized the ferret while presenting a smile, "Just remembered a bad memory when you said glock...", he explained. "I actually use a .38 magnum shotgun, though I only load it with blanks...", continued the ferret in his usual cheery tone, "We just use it a deterrent for thieves when we get assigned to night patrols, although we also use them to signal our team in cases of cave ins, flash floods, and all sorts of other stuff like in celebrations or festivities.".

"Oh, and one more thing.", Gladius suddenly inserted, "We don't actually raid tombs since we get permits from the government beforehand. It's actually illegal to make a dig on a whim, or, to a degree, explore ancient ruins unless you found it in your land."

Gladius paused for a moment, raising a an open paw to Rikki to signal that he wasn't finished, and retrieved the water bottle he gotten from Black. He took another short sip from it before returning it to his pocket and then looking back at Rikki he gave another smile, "As to what I exactly do, you could say I'm a tomb raider, though more of one on the legal side.", he said and evidently showing that he didn't know what "Tomb Raider" was aside from it's literal meaning.