Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Buckdida »

"AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK! I HAAAAAAAAATE MY LUCK!" It took only a couple of moments before Trinket and this orange cat were thrown into the back of a van. "Owwww..." Trinket complained, rubbing his head. He sighed. "Errr...sorry about this. I swear that my bad luck rubs off on other people......*sigh* the ear banner usually doesn't fall off that easily. I hate losing my good luck charms..." Trinket collapsed back against the wall of the van, feeling very sorry for himself.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:
Dr. Prower wrote:"We got all the stuff on the list," Jacob answered. "I guess it's time to check out."
"Yup. Let's go. Oh and Enya, thanks for helping us out!" Shep said as grabbed the basket and headed towards the check out counters.
"Oho you welcome Mr Nose is Syrup hahaha...." Enya said, laughing and following Shep and Jacob.

"So that"ll be $200 sir. Wow that's a lot of stuff. Doing a BBQ?" the same lady behind the counter asked as she passed the items to an assistant bagging the items. "Yeah. Me and my dad just moved in and were doin' a BBQ." Shep said, handing her the money. She looked down at him again and ruffled the soft fur on his head, giggling a bit. "Dang, wish I could have you as a pet. I'm so lonely at times."
"Well but I'm pretty sure you're hot enough to get a sexy man for yourself instead. Adios!" Shep said, leaving the young blonde cashier girl blushing and dreamy for the rest of the entire day.

Shep guffawed as they stepped out with 5 bags full of food. "Heh. Ain't I a smooth operata?" Shep asked Jacob, picking up his cell phone and calling his dad to pick them up.
"I don't know how you do it," Jacob said, "But maybe you can teach me later."
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

It was still early that morning, yet Xuan is still trying to go back into sleep. He hasn't sleep well last night, just didn't get used to the new place... and bed. He would rather sleep on the floor like he does often back in his hometown. Only that his owner doesn't let him to.

And what does it mean to Xuan when he doesn't have a good-night sleep? Aches, everywhere, sleeping in bad posture has always result in aches for him, today, it's worse that he sprains his back during his sleep, "Oww...what a "great" way to start the day..." he grunted a bit while rubbing his sprained back in an awkward fashion.

He headed for the kitchen, still rubbing his back, to get his breakfast, as his owner needs to go to work, he was told to get it by himself.

Then only he realized that he had finished the last dog can food they brought from hometown last night, all that's left is the local brand they bought. "Geez..." he opened the can and inverted it to empty the content into his plate, and starts to have his breakfast. "Ugh... I missed the food from hometown..." he said while sticking his tongue out in disgust, obviously he doesn't get used to this stuff.

After that "plain" breakfast, since his owner isn't at home and there isn't anything to do, it seems that his owner procrastinates again in unpacking all their stuff.

So, he decided to head out. He stops at the door for a brief second, before continue on. "Sheesh... no leash," looks like all this "going out without leash" matter will give Xuan a hard time to get used to.

The weather is fine, at least for Xuan, when compared to his country. Hmm let's see if I can find those pets I met yesterday. He thought, with memories from yesterday flash through his mind, and it places a smile across his face.

Though he hasn't even walk for more than ten steps, something caught his attention, in a distance just below a tree, he noticed something shiny hanging under the tree. He is easily attracted by shiny stuff, especially on the floor, though most of them are just useless food wrappers, however sometimes he found coins and stuffs that are valuable.

Hmm... what's that? He thought while at the same time walk at a fast pace towards the object.

Reached his destination, only to found out that the object hanging under the tree is higher than it looks, "Here goes nothing," said Xuan and straight away stretches his arm out, trying to get the object. "A bit more..." without him realizing, he's already standing on his toe, reaching out as high as possible, and finally...

"Aha! Got it!" He said in delight as he got a grasp on the object, and in the very second he touches the object...

*Craak*

He yelped in pain and quickly retracts his body as his back produces a small cracking sound while gives him a short, sharp pain.

He rubbed his supposedly sprained back to help soothes the pain, only to found out that the sprain has recovered!

"Wow..." and only one word came to his mind, "Miracle!" He was definitely happy that the sprain that bothers him so much has gone.

"This must be a lucky charm or some sort!" Since Xuan is raised in a Chinese family, he can't help but being superstitious about things involving luck and anything supernatural.

He examined the object in his paw, it's basically a silver ring with a long, flowing, light pink ribbon attached to it. Xuan then held it high in the air, the object shimmers softly under the light of the morning Sun.

In one way the ring is beautiful, and in another way it brings Xuan luck, as he claims it to be, he decided to put it on for the moment until he finds the owner, though he is a bit reluctant in returning it...

After he put on the ring, a low, buzzing sound caught his attention yet another time. It came from the street just across from where he stands. His ears perked up and turned to the source of the sound, where he saw a small plane, flying at an attitude of about two-storey building high, above some bushes.

A plane? No not just plane, it is a RC plane. With eyes locking on the plane, he runs towards it, not-so-quickly, again.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Dr. Prower wrote: "I don't know how you do it," Jacob said, "But maybe you can teach me later."
A huge van honked from the distance, catching the attention of the three of them. The van parked at the sidewalk and Robert Shepard stepped out and waved at them. "Howdy pardners! So I see you got them BBQ grub! We're gonna have a whale of a time aren't we critters!" Robert said, ruffling their fur. "Okay gang you're gonna have to sit at the front with me. I got them guns and ammo at the back. Can't afford to git one if ya hurt before the big day later! Alright?Let's go. The lovey doveys can hop on first." Robert said, opening the door for Jacob and Enya.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob laughed when Robert said "lovey doveys". "Come on Enya," Jacob said as he got in the car.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oooh okay huge truck!" Enya said, eyeing the huge shiny white vehicle. She tiptoed to on the tiny steps into the van, and accidentally crashed onto Jacob, laying on top of him. "Ahaha whoops!" Enya said as she blushed and sat upright next to Jacob.

Shep tied up the shopping bags and piled them into an empty container at the back, then he got in and sat next to Jacob. Robert got in to the front of the wheel and shut the door, rolling out of town and back into the open road leading to Brookshire Meadows.

"Oooh actually, what we doing all this BBQ for?" Enya asked Jacob, curious as she realized how much food was piled at the back.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"You didn't hear?" Jacob asked. "Shep's dad is opening up his shooting range today."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Oh I didn't hear sorry!" Enya apologized, kissing Jacob on the nose. "Shooting range??? Oh I love shoot shoot! Enya have own gun! Can I bringing it?" she asked Robert with excitement.

"Oh uh..er..of course! What kinda weapon are ya bringin' by the way?" Robert said, sipping a can of beer and looking strangely at Enya.

"Oh. Enya have AK-47.."

Robert spat the beer out the window as he couldn't believe his ears, almost swerving the van into the fence. "WHA.....HOW DID YOU GET A FREAKING AK-47?!" Robert asked, wide eyed.

"Oh uh.....is personal protection weapon? My daddy from Middle East give one gun to Uncle Florez, his brother, just in case and for emergency, you know..."

Shep stared at Enya wide eyed too as he couldn't believe his ears. He then tapped Jacob on the shoulder. He saluted him and faked a serious face. "Congratulations dear Jacob, you've got yourself a hot and awesome girlfriend. Requesting permission to date her." Shep said.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

"Permission denied, soldier," Jacob replied with a smirk. He turned to Enya. "So, what would need to protect yourself from with an AK?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"That why! I dunno! My mansion have 1 million dollar defense system install and noting can penetrate (but you can of course hehe), but Daddy want insist that at least one firearm in house. That his rule. He is a nut ya..." Enya giggled, her head lying on his chest.

"Well, we're here!" Robert said, turning into the Brookshire Meadows. The van stopped in front of Shep's house. He killed the engine and hopped out quickly and so did Shep. "Okay heres what we're gonna do! Me and Shep will be hauling this motherload of guns and ammo down to the range. Jacob, I need you and Enya to help me prepare the food and stuff. The charcoal and grill's at the backyard. Alright, let's go! Let's make it happen!" Robert said, passing some ammo to Shep.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Jacob hopped out and began grabbing the bags of groceries from the back seat.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Robert unlocked the door and let them in, he and Shep struggling with the boxes of ammunition and some rifles. "Kitchen's over there Jacob..ugh.."Robert said in a shaky voice, using his head to point to the kitchen. Robert opened a small door and he and Shep descended down to the range.

"Hmmm so where do we start?" Enya asked Jacob, with food like chicken, corn and beef steaks just to name a few.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Buckdida wrote:"AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK! I HAAAAAAAAATE MY LUCK!" It took only a couple of moments before Trinket and this orange cat were thrown into the back of a van. "Owwww..." Trinket complained, rubbing his head. He sighed. "Errr...sorry about this. I swear that my bad luck rubs off on other people......*sigh* the ear banner usually doesn't fall off that easily. I hate losing my good luck charms..." Trinket collapsed back against the wall of the van, feeling very sorry for himself.
Mrs.Patterson walked into the dinning room carrying two plates of eggs and bacon. She set them down then looked at Rocky, "Where's Cale?"

Cale stood up after being shoved into the back of the van, he quickly scanned his surroundings. The back was completely cut off from the front where the driver would be, the back was thickly carpeted, the only windows being the 2 windows on the back 2 doors. He went to the windows and looked out, seeing they were slowly driving away. "Hey, let us out! I'm not a stray!" he pounded on the doors.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

*before sheps father left*

Joy finished the rest of her breakfast and walked outside. She sat on the steps looking to see if anybody else was around.
She gazed over at sheps house to see that a van was leaving.
Wait a minute, there was someone there when I knocked?
She thought about why they wouldn't answer. "Shep must hate me now..." she reasoned that would be the only reason, except for not hearing her, but she knocked pretty hard.

"I don't know, I'll go look for him." Rocky ate his eggs as fast as he could and walked out the front door. He looked around the yard and across the street. No signs of Cale "hmm" he was about to turn around when he saw a glimpse of Cales signature orange hair through a window of a van that was driving away.
He started running after the van screaming "hey! Wait stop!" he tried to get the drivers attention.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
JOFOXX

Post by JOFOXX »

Ian's gaze flicked between the plane and the cat. The little RC jet was blue, almost blending in withe the sky. The only thing that allowed Ian to see was the slight shadow created by the sun. He squinted up at the contraption as it zipped over them again. The little corgi's mind was racing. If he kept the cat wondering about the plane, maybe he could escape. It sounded like a good plan, but Ian shook his head. The cat hadn't really done anything to him. In fact, it had been Ian who started the whole thing. Breathing a sigh, Ian stood slowly, eyes still on the sky. "There's... A plane... I-It's flying around us." He squinted harder as it came around again. "I-It's got something t-tied to it. Some kind of... string?"

((Ian hasn't noticed the camera yet.))
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Sid followed where the dog was looking and saw the plane glinting in the sun. It kept circling over them, but none of them had anything to do with it. "I think someone's trying to screw with us!" He growled, reaching down to pick up a rock with one hand, and into his jacket for something else...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:
Buckdida wrote:"AAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK! I HAAAAAAAAATE MY LUCK!" It took only a couple of moments before Trinket and this orange cat were thrown into the back of a van. "Owwww..." Trinket complained, rubbing his head. He sighed. "Errr...sorry about this. I swear that my bad luck rubs off on other people......*sigh* the ear banner usually doesn't fall off that easily. I hate losing my good luck charms..." Trinket collapsed back against the wall of the van, feeling very sorry for himself.
Mrs.Patterson walked into the dinning room carrying two plates of eggs and bacon. She set them down then looked at Rocky, "Where's Cale?"

Cale stood up after being shoved into the back of the van, he quickly scanned his surroundings. The back was completely cut off from the front where the driver would be, the back was thickly carpeted, the only windows being the 2 windows on the back 2 doors. He went to the windows and looked out, seeing they were slowly driving away. "Hey, let us out! I'm not a stray!" he pounded on the doors.
Trinket flicked his tag, knocking more mud off of it. "Just a hunch, but I don't think they really care about that fact. Hence: sorry for the bad luck...we just wait, and pray for an opening..." His ear flicked. "Eh?" Trinket turned around to one of the back windows. "Did you hear someone yelling?"
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

As Kytes circled the jet around the group, he saw the cat go to pick up something up off the ground. Then Kytes realized why the cat seemed familiar. He was the cat from last night, Sid. A million thoughts instantly ran through his head. But he mainly thought, Now what? While trying to decide what to do, he nearly crashed the jet into a house nearby. It barely dodged the house, but not the tree next to it. It fell from the tree towards the ground, a slight dent in it's right wing. Before the plane hit the ground, Kytes noticed the crash on the T.V. and re-took control of the jet. Perfect. Just perfect. Now I'll need to fix it. He slowly turned the craft around towards his house, just above the roofs of the houses.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale looked out the window again, seeing Rocky chasing them. "That's, that's my brother! Rocky!" Cale pounded on the door, "Rocky go get help!"

The van sped up exiting Brookshire's gates, Rocky disappearing as they turned onto a street. Cale slid down to the floor, "This is no good.."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid swore. "Well, whoever that was, it looks like they're gone now..." Suddenly his ear twitched, was someone yelling? He looked down the street to see the Animal Control van from earlier, but this time...
Sid screamed several vulgarities at once, blasting off towards the van. Just before the stupid dog reached the van, he slammed into him, throwing them both out of the road and onto the grass between it and the sidewalk. He checked his glasses as he got up and started screaming at the stupid dog. "WHAT THE-" Oh my "-ARE YOU DOING!?! THAT'S THE-" That's not a nice thing to say "-ANIMAL CONTROL VAN!!! WHAT THE-" ..What did that even mean? "-IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Zander

Post by Zander »

It all clicked together for Rocky, it was probably the screaming from Sid, but most likely it was the Rock his head landed on.
"Wait- A" even i didnt know he knew that word. "ANIMAL CONTROL VAN?! MY BROTHERS IN THERE!!
Rocky went off his little rant and thought for a moment. What would they want with Cale? he has a collar.
He pushed Sid off of him, maybe just a little bit too hard. And got up.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:Cale looked out the window again, seeing Rocky chasing them. "That's, that's my brother! Rocky!" Cale pounded on the door, "Rocky go get help!"

The van sped up exiting Brookshire's gates, Rocky disappearing as they turned onto a street. Cale slid down to the floor, "This is no good.."
"Hmm...I've been through worse. There was the bed-spring incident...the waterfall incident...and...oh, that poor kid and the noodle incident...that wasn't even his fault..." He shook his head. "Well, at least we're not in cages." The van suddenly hit a bump, launching Trinket and knocking him to the floor. "Owwwwww..."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky looked toward sid, "You go get help more help and i'll chase after the van!" Rocky knew he would reach the van if they got on the interstate or highway, he just hoped they had to stop for something.
Rocky took off without even hearing Sid's reaction.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale looked over at the other cat, "You say that like you're always getting into bad situations. Why's that?"

The van came to a stop, the driver and passenger door's opening then closing. They were in the parking lot of Wendy's.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"WHAT? NO!!!" Sid tried to stop him, but he was too fast. Sid was frozen for a second: what should he do? He wanted to help, but he was terrified of Animal Control. He swore loudly, shooting off over a fence towards the main road where the van was headed, chasing after the stupid dog and... the Van.

They followed it to a Wendy's, Sid recognized it from the smell: he'd raided garbage cans behind them in Detroit. He saw the dog catching up to the truck as the men got out of it.
This was not good.
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neko

Post by Neko »

(More from IRC, Darin waking up at the Ranger's Station)

<Nekoyasha> Darin's eyes slowly opened, seeing only gray fur. He nuzzled the fur, "Father...." he slowly closed his eyes. Sniff Sniff, wait, that wasn't his father's scent. His eyes jerked open and he pushed back, now seeing it was the Raccoon that he had seen in Matt's kitchen. He yelped, jumped over the coon and ducked underneath the table. 'What's going on, where am I?!" he thought.

<RockstarRaccoon> Taku awoke with a start, yelping when he heard the pup's yelp. He tried to scramble to his feet, but the wolf pup shoved him back down as he did so, causing him to land face first on the pillows beneath him. "What's going on!?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin crouched underneath the table, thinking frantically of what to do. Darin quickly scanned the room, darting down the hallway only to find it was a dead-end. 'Mother, Father where are you?!'

<RockstarRaccoon> Taku jumped up, the pup was gone! What happened to it?
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku leaped down from the couch on all fours, frantically smelling for the pup. He went under the table, bumping it and knocking off the decorative wildflowers in the plastic vase in his haste. It came down on his head, soaking it in slimy water. "Ow!" he said, shaking his head before he continued...

<Nekoyasha> Darin heard the loud bang and yell from the room he was just in. He slowly backed into a corner fearing the worst. 'Oh no, he caught me and now he's going to eat me!'

<RockstarRaccoon> Taku raced around the corner and saw the pup, "Hey!" he shouted, rushing towards him, but he lost his grip on the stone floor and began to slide, letting out a whining cry as he did.

<Nekoyasha> Darin tried to scramble out of the way, his paws not picking up traction in his stuggle. He watched as the coon slid right for him.

<RockstarRaccoon> Taku slipped and fell flat on his face, midslide, slamming into the door face-first, his snout going under the pup's legs, causing him to fly over him.

<Nekoyasha> Darin flinched as the Coon fell and slide at him, though instead of getting squished he flew over his head and landed on his back. He used the Raccoon's clumsiness to his advantage, bolting down the hallway.

<RockstarRaccoon> Suddenly, a furry, grey arm shot out in front of him. It grabbed him as he ran into it and he spun around in a circle. "Woah, woah woah!" Rikki said "What's going on here?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin struggled to get free, not noticing it was the raccoon that had helped him from last night. "let me go!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki hugged it tight, careful in case it remembered its teeth or claws. "Calm down little guy!"
<RockstarRaccoon> Jack walked up behind him, groggily pulling his shirt on. "Ugh... what's going on now?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin calmed down, recognizing the scent of his captor. "M-mr.Raccoon?"

<RockstarRaccoon> "Yeah, yeah, it's me. Why are you running, did you forget where you were?"
<RockstarRaccoon> Taku groaned, still planted in the door with his behind sticking in the air, tail curled beneath it.

<Nekoyasha> Darin thought for a moment, his heart slowing down to its normal speed. He remembered he had gone with Rikki, "I guess...But I woke up and the other raccoon was holding me, than he chased after me!"

<RockstarRaccoon> "Why were you running?" groaned Taku, his behind finally dropping to the ground. He turned himself over and lied on his back with his legs spread in a goofy posture...

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked at the coon laying on the ground, "B-because you're scarey. You were going to eat me, just like last night." Darin hid his face in Rikki's fur.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki glared at Taku, "You were going to-" he stopped, his eyes widening. "Taku! Don't get up! Stay there!" He gently dropped the pup and ran to his son, who's snout was bleeding profusely, leaving a splatter on his chest. Rikki pulled him away from the door, holding him up by his back, and began to frantically examine his son's face.
<RockstarRaccoon> Jack immediately grabbed his keys and moved to the door at the other end of the hall, unlocking it and hurrying inside, leaving the door open for Rikki.

<Nekoyasha> Darin sat on the floor, a confused look on his face.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki hoisted Taku, who was still dazed, in his arms walking towards the other end of the hallway. "Wolf pup, go back to that couch, and STAY." Rikki commanded.
<RockstarRaccoon> Jack's voice came from the other room "Melinda? Hey, I've got a bit of a problem down here, and I need you to come. Yes. Right now. Rikki's son hurt himself while he was here. He's bleeding all over the place. His face. No, it's not. Yes. Alright then, we'll be ready."

<Nekoyasha> Darin wasn't sure what a couch was, he assumed it was something that was in the previous room. He got up and made a quick return to the waiting room, hiding underneath the table. 'Did I do something wrong?' he thought, shaking slightly.

<RockstarRaccoon> In the other room, Rikki hoisted Taku onto a padded table. Taku was starting to get woozy now. "Stay awake" Rikki commanded. He got a stool and stood on it so he could lean over Taku to look over his face again. He looked up briefly, "Jack, go check the pup. I'll stay here."
<RockstarRaccoon> "Right." Jack walked out and down the hallway to the waiting-room where the pup had been told to go.

<Nekoyasha> Darin saw the approaching feet, scooting farther back underneath the table.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack looked into the room, where'd the wolf-pup go? He knelt down and looked under the table. "Well hello there," he said with a smile, not showing his teeth, "you want to come out?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin was already afraid of most humans, but this one was huge. He slowly backed up till he reached the table's leg on the opposite side of the giant human, whimpering slightly. "N-no.."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack got down on his hands and knees and looked under the table at the pup. "It's ok, I'm not gonna hurt you. I just want to make sure you're ok." He held out a hand to the pup.

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked at the outstretched hand, not moving himself at all. "I-i'm fine."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack sat down where he was. "You sure you won't let me check?"

<Nekoyasha> 'He can't be bad, he's with Mr.Raccoon...' Darin slowly inched over to Jack, stopping about a foot away with his tail between his legs.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack reached out and picked up the little wolf pup, pulling him into his lap. "There, see? that wasn't so hard..."

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked up at jack with puppy dog eyes, "Did I make Mr.Raccoon mad?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack sighed "No, he's not mad at you, he's just upset because his son is always hurting himself. Now let's look you over to make sure you didn't get hurt too..." he started examining the pup for injuries, turning him and gently pulling his legs and arms into straight positions so he could see them.

<Nekoyasha> Darin laughed as Jack accidentally tickled him when trying to examine him. "S-Stop, ha ha, t-that tickles!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack smiled, cuddling the pup a bit. He found a bump on his head and rubbed it.

<Nekoyasha> "Ow!" Darin jerked away from Jack's touch.

<RockstarRaccoon> "That's a pretty bad bruise little fella, did you hit your head when you were running around earlier?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin sniffled, "I ran away from....From a car but I tripped and hit my head..."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Oh," said Jack, "Was that when Rikki found you?"

<Nekoyasha> "Well, when I woke up Matt was holding me, and we were at a loud place! Oh...Matt said it was a con-shert."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Oh? Who's Matt?" asked Jack. He hadn't met anyone with that name.

<Nekoyasha> "Matt's a human, and he smells funny but good! And he lives with a Cat named Frank, and they use a big metal car!" He threw his arms outward to show how big the car was.

<RockstarRaccoon> "And you met them when you woke up? Is that who Rikki found you with?" asked Jack with a smile.

<Nekoyasha> "Well, no. First we went in the car and my tummy hurted, and we went to some place and a guy in white was mean to me! He held me down and put something down my throat, then I woke up when we got to Matt's house. They gave me icky canned stuff then i went to sleep. I woke up when their was a loud noise and I went to see what it was and it was that one raccoon!
<Nekoyasha> Frank beated him with a metal thing and he went to sleep, then Matt talked to some weird thing and Mr.Raccoon came over!" he took a deep breath from the long explanation.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack nodded, "I see, and then Rikki took you here?"

<Nekoyasha> "I guess so. Mr.Raccoon carried me but I fell asleep."

<RockstarRaccoon> "Ok, and you woke up on the couch with Taku?" Jack finished asking, he had almost finished compiling that part of the report he was going to make in his head.

<Nekoyasha> "Yea...Is that his name?"

<RockstarRaccoon> "Yes," Jack nodded, "His name is Taku. He's Rikki's son. That's why he came there and found you."

<Nekoyasha> "A-and Rikki is Mr.Raccoon?" everything was starting to make some sense in Darin's mind.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Yes," Jack nodded, "Rikki is his real name, though I don't think he minds you calling him 'Mr. Raccoon'..."

<Nekoyasha> "Oh...Ok!" Darin smiled up to Jack. "But, who're you?"

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack smiled, he had forgotten to say that. "I'm Jack, I'm the park Ranger. You're in the Brookshire nature preserve, this is the Ranger's Station."

<Nekoyasha> Darin's eyes lit up, "Nature preserve, Brookshire? Then I made it! Father told me to go east to brookshire if I was ever in danger and I made it!" he smiled at his own success.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Really now," said Jack, "So, do you know where your father is now?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin's ears drooped, his gaze lowering. "No...We had gone searching for food, there wasn't anymore in the forest. Father said the forest got smaller, so we went out to where there were...roads! The whole pack was there, we were walking along the road when a bunch of cars came and humans got out. Mother pushed me into a bush and told me to be quiet and not to move. There was a lot of noise and yelling, then it was quiet.... I waited for a long time but mother never came back..."
<Nekoyasha> Darin was in tears now, "When I got out everybody was gone. So I did like Father said, and I went east looking for Brookshire..."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack looked up and nodded. This was not a new concept to him. Animals leaving their homes as humans encroached on them and getting into trouble with Animal Control. He knew what all that could mean for wolves.
<RockstarRaccoon> "I see." he said, "I think I know what happened to them. I can look them up in something called a database, it's..." He tried to remember Rikki's explanation "It's a list that we humans keep for every time that this sort of thing happens. Your parents should be listed in there."
<RockstarRaccoon> He pulled the little pup into his arms and picked him up, taking him to one of the metal doors. He unlocked it with a keyring on his belt without taking it off. They went into a room with a few desks, a few computers, and a large rack of filing cabinets in the back.

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked around the room. 'Humans have so many weird things...'

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack sat the pup down on a desk, his legs hanging off the side, sitting down in a chair in front of it. He pulled out a keyboard from beneath the desk, logging in. He thought of something, "Hey, you can't read can you?" He didn't want the wolf-pup to see if he found something bad...

<Nekoyasha> "Read? What's that?" Darin looked over at the computer.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack nodded "I'm going to assume that's a no. See, humans have this way of writing words as symbols which we can read as words again. That's how this list works." He started logging into the government database for Animal Control.

<Nekoyasha> "Oh..." Darin leaned over, watching the differen't pictures come up on the screen. "What is that? It keeps changing."

<RockstarRaccoon> "This is a computer," said Jack, still typing, "It's a machine that humans use to share information. Don't ask me how it works, I just know how to use it. Here we are." He had reached Animal Control's list of captured animals. "I'm going to need some information now. How long ago was your family taken?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin thought a moment, counting the days. "3 suns and 2 moons ago..."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack had heard Rikki talk in terms like that before: animals tended to classify things according to their most important aspect. "ok, so three days? Let's see..." He started typing in criteria "And where was this at? Do you know the human name for the place?" He assumed it was in the same state, because the pup couldn't have gone that far.

<Nekoyasha> Darin thought for a moment, "I dunno... I know we lived in Yorkshire Preserve, the forest where I lived."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack had heard about that. Yorkshire was rapidly expanding... his arm twitched as he remembered the animal they'd sent his way one winter, 2 years before.... He jumped back to the present. "Alright, Yorkshire area." He started the search. A "Processing, please wait..." screen came up. "Alright," he said, ruffling the pup's headfur, "This should only take a minute..."

<Nekoyasha> Darin looked at the computer screen then at Jack, eager to be back with his pack.

<RockstarRaccoon> Several incidents came up on the list, Jack began to scan them. "So, what was your father's name? and your mother? They should be listed here..."

<Nekoyasha> "Arcturus and Magnolia," he smiled, remembered his parents.

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack found an entry on a wolf pack that had been captured, breeding-couple named "Arcturus and Magnolia". Status: "In Processing." He looked back at the pup. "Well, it looks like they're ok, but I can't tell you where they are right now, they're still being processed by Animal Control. Looks like you're going to have to wait..."

<Nekoyasha> Darin started tearing up again, "prosh-eshing? Is that bad? When can I see them again?!"

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack picked up the pup and gave him a hug, "Don't worry, you'll see them soon enough. Here," he added himself to the list of interested personal, holding the pup in his lap with one arm "I'll make them tell me when they finish processing them. That way, we can get this sorted out as soon as they're done. Ok?"

<Nekoyasha> Darin sniffled, "O-ok...."

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack gave the pup a big hug. Suddenly there was a commotion in the hallway as a woman frantically unlocked the metal door from the front and ran to the back where Rikki and Taku were at.

<Nekoyasha> Darin embraced the hug, still sniffling. He nearly jumped out of Jack's arms at the sudden noise from the hallway.

(To be continued)
Last edited by Neko on Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:Cale looked over at the other cat, "You say that like you're always getting into bad situations. Why's that?"

The van came to a stop, the driver and passenger door's opening then closing. They were in the parking lot of Wendy's.
"Well, plain, outright the-spirits-being-displeased with me. Maybe a ghost with a grudge. My best bet is that I crossed a supernatural being though, and a powerful one. It's quite possible that I just have a twisted fate, though, where my thread of life is forced to fill in the gaps that others miss in that grand tapestry of life. Most normal people, or 'commoners' as my mum calls 'em, says it's some simple bad luck." Either way, she forces me to wear all these good luck charms, and for good reason. I seem to have bad luck in everything when I don't have 'em on. Like now. Because of my earring. He sat back and sighed. "I'd try something now, but more likely than not, I'd screw it up somehow because of my luck, no matter how perfect it is. We're not in cages; that's a head start, but this back door is bolted from the outside. If this is an old style van, all we'd need is a strong straight edge to flip the bolt over. Unless there's a padlock on that bolt, holding it in place...though I doubt it. You got any ideas?
DarkHeartsAndSuch

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

The jet slowly made it's way back to it's owner's backyard. As it got there, Kytes stood up on the fence and grabbed it out of the sky. He inspected the damage, Hey, it's not as bad as I thought it was. Behind him, Mrs. Stripes was packing up his little box. "Kytes, it's time to go."
Kytes jumped, startled by his mom. "Where we going?"
Volunteer day," she said, taking the jet from Kytes after he took off the yarn. "We're going to volunteer at the pound today."
Kytes tied the knotted yarn to the back of his collar. It reached down to the end of his tail. "Well this should be fun." He followed her out to the front yard and into the Ferrari. Mrs. Stripes backed out of the drive and through the neighborhood and out the gate.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale listened as the cat droned on, getting slightly confused at times. "Well, having not understood half of what you said. No, I have no idea's how to get outta here..."

Meanwhile the two captors went inside the restaurant.
CY_Law

Post by CY_Law »

Xuan wouldn't even want to look forward anymore, he keeps his eyes shut while running towards the direction, panting heavily.

However, he swear that he heard something like a van, and some screaming, and shouting, and yelling.

And... swearing? Hey I know this voice!

He stopped running, leaving him just a few meters away from the other pets. He saw Ian, Kyra and...

The cat from yesterday! Who yelled at me!

Just in second he saw the cat, the cat utters a few more... bad words(?) and yelled at the two other dogs before ran off down the street.

Xuan couldn't hold it anymore, he approaches Ian and Kyra, who are now stare blankly, blinking, towards the direction where the cat has ran off.

He dropped to his knee, panting, with his arm forward and paw upright, motioning "give me a second". "*Pant*U-uh... *Pant* H-H-Hi? *Pant* *Wheeze*"
Last edited by CY_Law on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Credits go to NickCole

Xuán Law: Brookshire Meadows S-4 P-10 E-3 C-3 I-9 A-5 L-8

An illustration of my Rp character by Zander (thanks!)
Another illustration by ctcmjh (thanks!)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Neko wrote:Cale listened as the cat droned on, getting slightly confused at times. "Well, having not understood half of what you said. No, I have no idea's how to get outta here..."

Meanwhile the two captors went inside the restaurant.
Trinket sighed. "I guess not everyone is as interested in the supernatural as they should be. That was basically a long way of saying, 'I have bad luck.' REALLY bad luck; and my good luck charms counter that. And all we need to get out of here, if they didn't put a padlock on the door," Trinket said, noting a thin gap between the two old van doors, "is something like a strong ruler to flip the latch on the outside. We'll probably need to trick them into giving us something like that..."

Neko

Post by Neko »

(continued)

<RockstarRaccoon> Jack quickly shut off the computer, getting up with the pup in his arms. He turned off the lights and closed the door behind them as he took the pup back to the little sitting area.
<RockstarRaccoon> In the next room, Taku was whimpering in pain as Rikki explained what had happened to him to the doctor. Rikki was crying and stammering now.

<Nekoyasha> "W-what was that loud noise?" he asked looking up to Jack.

<RockstarRaccoon> "Melinda, the deputy who's supposed to look at Taku's injury just got here. She's a veterinarian."

<Nekoyasha> "veh-ter...veh-ter-nar...vet-ter-naring?" Darin said with trouble.

<RockstarRaccoon> "A Doctor. For Animals." Jack said, "They must have had one back in the Yorkshire preserve..." He wasn't so sure of that last part: Yorkshire Preserve had been privatized earlier that year, which was probably what caused the pack to leave...

<Nekoyasha> "Well, Perphius went to the park rangers once and got white fluffy stuff for his wound..."

<RockstarRaccoon> "There you go, that's what she's gonna do for Taku in there." Jack smiled down at the pup. "He'll be just fine when she's done with him."
<RockstarRaccoon> They heard loud whimpering noises from the next room while Rikki yelled at Taku to calm down. The whimpering noises calmed and stopped. A few moments later, Rikki came out, closing the door behind him. He walked slowly down the hallway.

<Nekoyasha> Darin turned to the hallway, hearing foot steps approaching them.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki walked slowly and silently around the corner. Jack looked up. "How's Taku? Is he going to be OK?" Rikki turned to him, he was silent and emotionless, almost as if he was dead. His white chest was entirely red, coated in blood. He stood there, staring at them.

<Nekoyasha> Darin's eyes widened at the sight of Rikki, he had seemed so nice before. Now he just looked, emotionless and scarey. He unconsciously pressed himself against Jack, not taking his eye's off Rikki.

<RockstarRaccoon> Rikki stood there, staring blankly at them. Jack stared back, meeting his eyes, his mouth slightly open. Rikki stayed for a few moments which seemed like an eternity, then walked into the Ranger's Quarters, shutting the metal door behind him.

(to be continued)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky reached the wendys far faster then Sid. He jumped up on the bumper, not even panting from the long run.
He knocked on the back window and peered through it. "hey! I'll get you out of here" he looked around franticly for something.
In an act of stupidity he ran toward the Wendys, planning to tell the cashier to call 911.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote:Rocky reached the Wendy's far faster then Sid. He jumped up on the bumper, not even panting from the long run.
He knocked on the back window and peered through it. "hey! I'll get you out of here" he looked around frantically for something.
In an act of stupidity he ran toward the Wendy's, planning to tell the cashier to call 911.
Cale jumped at Rocky's voice, looking out the window and seeing him. "Rocky?" Rocky ran off towards the Wendy's building. "Rocky don't! The guys are in there..." He slumped back down to the Van's floor.

"I'll take the number 6, no pickles."

"Ok, what about you sir?" The cashier looked at the other goon.

"Hmmm...."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky approached the two guys that were ordering hurridly. "Excuse me." He said politely as he pushed through there legs to get to the cashier. He interupted the two and said "Excuse me Ma'am (im guessing its a girl) do you have any public phones? its kinda.. important?"

He turned around really fast, looking past the two men and into the tables into the background, to see if anyone was running up to him.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Zander wrote:Rocky approached the two guys that were ordering hurridly. "Excuse me." He said politely as he pushed through there legs to get to the cashier. He interupted the two and said "Excuse me Ma'am (im guessing its a girl) do you have any public phones? its kinda.. important?"

He turned around really fast, looking past the two men and into the tables into the background, to see if anyone was running up to him.
The two goons looked down at the dog in front of them, their eyes widening.

"Is that.." he whispered.

"Yea, I think so..." he whispered back. "Rocky, what're you doin boy?" he said, remembering the dog's name "We said we'd be right back out. I'm so sorry miss, our dog gets a bit worried at times." He quickly grabbed Rocky and hoisted him outside, the other goon following. They quickly opened the back of their van, which was right next to the entrance, and threw Rocky inside, closing and locking the door. They snickered to themselves as they headed back inside.

Cale was happy and sad at the same time."I said go get help, not get caught yourself..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

It all unfolded before Sid's thick sunglasses. The Animal Control officers went inside, the stupid dog running right after them. 'The fool!' Before he could even think of a plan, the men came back out and threw the stupid dog in the back of the truck, which was too dark for him to see inside of.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky was surprised to be picked up and brought outside. "Hey what the *Rudies*! Put me down!" As he was thrown into the van he bit the guy who was carrying him's hand. He landed with a thud inside the van.

"I tried"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

thrasherblades wrote:Robert unlocked the door and let them in, he and Shep struggling with the boxes of ammunition and some rifles. "Kitchen's over there Jacob..ugh.."Robert said in a shaky voice, using his head to point to the kitchen. Robert opened a small door and he and Shep descended down to the range.

"Hmmm so where do we start?" Enya asked Jacob, with food like chicken, corn and beef steaks just to name a few.
"Um, I don't know," Jacob said. "What do you know about preparing food?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid had had enough: he moved in on the truck, making sure the men were busy inside as he did so. He ran behind it, still cautious, and looked around the other side. No one was coming. He looked up at the door: it looked like they hadn't put any sort of lock on the back, just bolts. He jumped up and quickly undid the bolts on the sides of the doors, letting them fall to the ground, temporarily rendered useless.
"Alright, everyone get the-" language please, Sid, we have a PG-13 rating cap -"out of this box."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.