Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Atari

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by Atari »

Kyra tried to think of what to do next, as she didn't remember so far back as to how she was taught. The book looked like what a college student might carry around, but it was made up of a couple lines and a question or two per page (hence why there was nothing but that one sentence in the first page). She figured to start with exercise one, as that was, most likely, the easiest, when a thought went into her mind-- She never thought to erase off the questions and doodles she had in there (the doodles mainly covered the paragraphs). And along with that, the faint smell of food-- some kind she'd known of, but forgotten its name-- made her starving. She tried to ignore it. "So, on page 4 now, there's the exercise... one, if you can't read what I wrote over before, I'll find an eraser or something to clear it off, and unlike the first sentence you read, you can ask if you don't get any words, after all, this is to teach you new things, not to review what you know..." She started rambling on before she stopped herself and said, "So, onto page 4, I guess." At least I'm not sounding too desperate for food, she thought.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cale wrote:...I've been living here ever since i was adopted as a kitten...
"...Cool..." Rocky said slowly, but surely.
Rocky was waiting for the food. thats all he could think about, the last time he ate was two days ago and that was a banana peel and a pizza bone (crust) out of a trash can.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

"Many thanks, madame," said Frank, bowing low in gracious (and surprisingly genuine) thanks (that Tuna Casserole really DID smell killer). "I'm sure it'll be a meal fit for the Gods of Olympus." Smiling and with a growl of the tummy (mmmmmm.... tuna) he walked into the dining room.

"Oh hey! What a surprise!" he said (o rly), "Rocky and Cale! Dang, what are the chances? Three guys who've just met, showing up at the same place, probably for the same delicious smelling casserole..." He leaned against a chair, tail twirling small patterns as he spoke. "This your place, Cale?"
Last edited by FunkyChickenFace on Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky was suspicious of Frank. He seemed to be following them... or it was just a crazy coincidence that they all met at the same place again.
Rocky's facial expression didn't change while thinking, but his nose still twitched and his belly still rumbled at the smell of the casserole.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale looked at Frank, "Why are you at my house?" He had just met this cat only a few minutes ago, what was he doing in his house?

Mrs. Patterson walked in carrying 2 plates and 2 glasses of ice cold water. She sat a plate and glass on the table in front of Rocky and in front of the chair Frank was leaning against. She pulled 2 forks from her apron and gave one to Rocky and Frank. "Eat up!" she said before returning to the kitchen.

Cale raised an eyebrow, not understanding what was going on.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky couldn't help himself, he started chipping away at the casserole. till in a few minutes he was done.
He forgot what it was like to be full, at the training camp they gave 1 bowl of dog food to you once a day.

Once he realized how fast he ate it he felt awkward (i would too :?.)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

"Tuna, Cale. Tuna is delicious, especially in casserole form," said Frank, smiling. "And speak of the tuna, here comes the holy angel bearin' said fishy delights. Many thank's madame!" He hopped into the chair he was leaning on, raised the silverware and got to business.

"Golly, Cale, your mom makes SERIOUSLY good casserole!" mumbled Frank around a bite. He swallowed loudly. "It.. it's like... like...." he snapped his fingers in frustration, "...darn, it tastes so good it's not describable!! You, my good sir, are one lucky...." He trailed off, looking at Rocky.

"The poor mutt's starved!" Frank thought to himself.
"Crap, Rocky, what the heck's wrong?!" Frank said passionately, putting his fork down on his plate forcefully. "There is clearly something VERY wrong if you're this hungry."
Zander

Post by Zander »

He knew he was caught, the next question would be what they do about it.
If they knew he was stray, and only wanted to come over and eat because he was starving, not because of new neighbors. they would probably do something horrible.
He thought he just lost two friends.
"Oh- Uhmm.. Uhh" Rocky put his head on the table with paws covering his face. "I- I'm sorry"

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale wasn't sure what to think of the situation playing before. Frank comes in from no where being served Tuna casserole, while Rocky ate it all within a few minutes. Now that Frank mentioned it, it did seem weird, is his owners not feeding him well enough? "Rocky it's ok, you must have just been really hungry huh?" Cale laughed. He still wasn't to sure what was going on.

EDIT: fixed my post, didn't see zander's post.
Zander

Post by Zander »

They hadn't realized he was stray yet? Maybe theres still a chance, but he didnt want to lie.
"-yeah... I- uhh. I forgot to eat before i traveled here, and I- uhh... hadn't went to the store yet?" It was true, even if it was a little stretched. He Hadnt eaten before he came here, and he hasnt been to the store yet... not that he could.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Frank didn't buy it. Too much math failed to add up to 1.

"I don't buy it," he said, crossing his arms taking a dramatic stance in the chair. "For one thing, there's only three moving vans. Trust me, I checked. Second, no saggy rat buttock would dare set foot in a pet-friendly neighborhood like Brookshire Meadows. Too many animal lovers, they'd be disgraced and ousted in a week. Finally, you're covered in enough dirt to make a flower garden.

Now, if you're just a stray, fine by me. Welcome to Brookshire, we'll find you a place to live. But SO HELP ME GOD if you have an OWNER and that saggy rat buttock of an irresponsible, uncaring, mentally deranged lunatic isn't even giving you enough FOOD to friggen SURVIVE then you WILL tell me who that person is so I can BEAT THE TURKEY STUFFING OUT OF THEM!!!!!!!!"
Frank ended with a fiery yell, eyes lifted to the heavens replaced with burning coals of fury, finger pointing in the air with lightning flashing about him that promised pain to the unhappy individual at the receiving end of his wrath.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale listened as Frank ranted on, not understanding most of what he was saying. He understood the gist of what he had said though, he was asking if he was a stray or if he had a bad owner. Cale turned to Rocky, "Is it true Rocky?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky put his head back down on the table, he didn't know what to do. He could risk losing the two friends he has ever gotten in his life and say he was stray, or run out of the house and hope they don't chase him. Either way he would lose them.
His paws were over his face with his head on the table. "yes... Yes it's true I'm stray" Rocky almost started to tear up.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale could hardly beleive his ears, Rocky was a stray. He put his hand on Rocky's shoulder, "It's ok Rocky I'm sure-" Cale was cut short when his mom walked into the dining room all teary eyed. "You poor thing" Mrs.Patterson walked over to lucky and gave him a hug. "If you need a home you are welcomed to live with us" she said, letting go of the embrace. "No pet should be forced into the life of a stray. Just thinking about it makes me.." she wiped the tears away from her eyes.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank uttered a long string of curses before leaping onto the table, completely disregarding everything about polite society, and leaned down close to Rocky.

"And do you think that really matters?" he said quietly. "I don't care if you're a stray, a feral, or if you're into cats. What matters," here he prodded Rocky on the head, "is you. YOU deserve to have food to eat every day. YOU deserve to have clean fur. YOU deserve to have somebody who loves you for WHO YOU ARE and not that person's misguided standards."

Frank stood tall and crossed his arms. "And whatever happens, know this. You've got a friend in me and I'm going to find the person who did this to you and literally get the Chicago Pet Mafia to make it look like they had a fatal accident. So come on, let's go together. Onward! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!" He extended his paw out in a token of friendship, loyalty, and brotherhood.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote: Mrs.Patterson walked over to lucky...
uhh...

Rocky didn't know what to think. A home? A... A real home? Rocky was on the brink of tears.
"Thank you! thank you!" Rocky hadn't ever lived in a house before. He was always kept outside in a cage. Even if it was raining. "you don't know what his means to me" Rocky realized he never had to be starving again.

Just then Frank jumped up on the table and started yelling. Rocky wondered if he was mad at him, or his previous owners? Either way he grabbed hold of Franks hand.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Frank blinked. Suddenly he realized that...

"You did not understand a word of what I just ranted, did you?" he asked, deadpan. He sighed.
"Well, either way. You have a home, and that's what matters. Now, why the HECK are you starving like this? I mean, you have a collar and everything, so who used to own you?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

Now Rocky felt bad. He looked at his collar and then back up the the two cats. "I was raised in a (pet) orphanage untill i was a little over two years old. They whipped or beat you if you did not get up at exactly 5:00 am. They would beat you for many reasons. And the worst part is, not only did you get beat by the owners, you got beat by other dogs. It was like the food chain, the younger you are the lower you are on the food chain.

Then, I thought my luck turned around. This couple who did research in Alaska was looking for a dog. To my suprise they pointed at me and said "we'll take him" they gave me my collar and I was happy. I had found someone... That is, until I got sent off to a dog training facility. They didn't want a loving pet, they wanted a slave to pull all there crap around! After 3 1/2 years of hell it was my day to be sent to Alaska to do my work. Turns out the idiots who adopted
me wrote the wrong location down. I was lost in luggage and arrived at a airport about 20 miles from here. I thought it was my chance at freedom, so I broke out and ran away from there. Ever since then I've been starving and looking for food, wandering through neighboroods until I came across this one..."

(sorry about being slow I'm in bed typing this on my iPhone)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Frank started swearing again.

"Rocky, I'm going to need the address of the orphanage and the address of the research station if you know it. Madame, I will need to borrow your phone," he said after calming down.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky bit his lip, he didn't know he exact address but he knew it was in southern California. He didn't knownthe research station's address either
"I'm sorry... But I don't know the address" Rocky hoped he wouldn't get mad, he couldn't help it.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Neko

Post by Neko »

Cale could hardly believe the words that had come from Rocky's lips, how could people be so cruel? "That's just...not right." Mrs.Patterson was taking it the hardest, it was all she could do to not break out into tears. "That's so terrible, you are such a brave dog" she said giving Rocky another hug, holding back her tears.
FunkyChickenFace

Frank ran a paw through his head-fur.

"-sigh-, ummm.. okay, I can work with that. Do you remember what region of the States? Any details you can provide at all are good," he replied, still with a fiery glint in his eye that promised terrifying consequences for those that caused such pain for his friend. "Ma'am, I'll still need to use your phone."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"There will be no talk of the mafia in this house, if you want to do that you'll have to do it at your own home." Mrs.Patterson let go of the embrace with Rocky. "And please get down off of the table, I just cleaned it!" Mrs.Patterson was always perky and happy, but she absolutely hated it when others were rude in her household.

"You might want to do what she says dude. She's scary when she gets mad."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Rikki was walking with Kyra down the road. They'd been teaching him to read long enough (he finally managed to tackle those confusing Qs), and decided to call it a day. They were walking past one house when they heard what sounded like an impassioned speech coming from inside. Through the window, they saw a cat standing on a table, who seemed to be the source of the speech.

Suddenly, a woman got up from hugging a dog, and began to scold the cat off the table.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
FunkyChickenFace

Frank cringed. Dang, what a way to kill his own mojo. He quickly got off the table, instead opting to huddle at Cale's Mom's feet, hands clasped, eyes begging for forgiveness.

"I'm very sorry ma'am. I got a little... over-excited regarding friendship, brotherhood, and other such things. Err, could I bring Rocky and Cale over to my house for a... cup of.. tea?" (Cue great, big puppy eyes)

Please let the mojo work, please let the mojo work...
Atari

Post by Atari »

Kyra was reading a new book she got while passing by her new home, and completely missed the house Rikki stopped at. She kept going until she eventually hit a tree, luckily close enough that she could still find where Rikki was. By the time she saw through the window, she saw a cat trying to use the eyes most pampered puppies used. "That's likely not gonna work," she muttered to herself.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Check out that cat," Rikki started, punching an open hand with the fisted other, "let's use him as a punching bag later."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Atari

Post by Atari »

"P-Punching bag..?" This frightened Kyra a little. She didn't exactly have ability to cause harm to a person. "Well, he didn't do anything wrong, probably a little... over-excited? Heh..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Don't worry kid," said Rikki "I'm bein' funny with ya."
He grinned. "So I think that skateboarding cat lives here, think we should make ourselves an invitation to this little party?"
Zander

Post by Zander »

"Well- I know its somewhere around Otay Lake. I think the lower part?"

(I actually had to go on google earth D:)

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

"Excellent!" cried Frank, leaping up and nearly crashing into the table. "ONWARD!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!" With a battle cry, he leaped back into the chair, rapidly scarfed down the remains of his Tuna Casserole, and charged out the door. Then he stopped, turned on his heel, and shouted into the building.
"Cale, Rocky, you guys wanna come with? I'm heading back to my house, so if you want to come now's the time."
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Shep....SHEP! HEY SHEP!!!" his owner, Robert Shepard yelled, scrambling up the stairs, braving through the sonic horde coming from his pet husky's room. Opening the door, the assault invaded his ears and he grimaced, being greeted by the sight, or rather the sound of his guitar and amplifier turned up to full volume. "OH HI DAD!!!" Corey shouted as he scrambled to turn down the volume.

"My boy, what did I tell ya about blastin' that darn amp at home??" he said, with his hands on his hips and giving home a cold stare. Corey smiled in embarrassment as he nodded, a sweat rolling down his white fur. "Yeah really sorry Dad, it just sounded so awesome. Hee..." Corey grinned as his owner did the same and ruffled his head.

"Anyway, I'll be going down to the centre. There's that new assistant who's coming to work with me. Yep, he passed the rifle stripping and assembly test and got the job, but he's still gawking over your little stunt went he saw you last week. He's even calling me up every day to ask 'Your dog can do guns?! How?!' I got so irritated that I told him that if he mentioned about you again he's fired." Robert said as laughed and so did Corey. "Yeah, I did remember him with his eyes popped out of his head when he saw me with those guns." Corey said, chuckling.

"Yup, so I'm gone for now. See ya at dinner later!" Robert said, stepping out.

"Dad wait! You need me to come?" Corey blurted out, reaching for his jacket.

"Oh nonono it's fine boy." Robert said, scuffling his thick fur, which Corey loved whenever he did that. You've got the week off, and I'm gonna be putting the new guy under my personal supervision. Here!" Robert said, tossing the keys of the house to him. "You haven't been interacting much with the other pets in this fine neighborhood, so do got out there and make some friends. I do know it hasn't been long since we moved here, and I know you are shy. But you gotta try to establish some relationships here man. Alright? Okay, going now. Bye!" Robert said smiling, closing the door behind him. He started the car and drove off into the distance.

"O...kay.." Corey said, closing the door behind him and locking it. He ruffled his jacket and used a paw to scratch his head. Where do I start? wondered the husky as he walked past the houses. He played with his tail nervously as some pets came into view.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky got up from the table and said to the mother "Thank you for everything, the tuna casserole was great!" Rocky ran out the door and followed the cat.

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Frank whooped as Rocky came out.
"YES!! Let's do this!!" he cheered, thrusting a fist into the air. He charged away...

WHAM.

...and promptly smacked into Corey.

"Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow..." Frank muttered, clutching his head. He looked up at Corey. "Jeez, sorry man, you alright?"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Corey yelped as the uppercut was thrown into his face. He flew a distance before he met with gravity and ate the stony driveway.

"Owww....." Corey groaned, prefering not to move as he wanted to recover more. He rolled over on his back and had two paws gripping his furred cheeks. "I'm....alright I guess. C-Can you help me up please???" Corey said as he grimaced.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Zander

Post by Zander »

(he didnt punch him, he threw his fist in the air and started running, not looking where he was running, and ran into Corey. :P)
Rocky ran over to the other husky and reached his hand down to him, "Sorry about that, hes just a little excited..."

-Robert Louis Stevenson
FunkyChickenFace

Wincing, Frank gingerly stepped over to Corey and helped him up.
"Ow. I really need to watch where I'm going, I think I twisted my ankle. That was a pretty painful looking face-plant, you sure you have all your teeth? Any feelings of dizziness or lightheadedness*?"

*classic signs of a concussion
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

"Uh yeah, I can see that." Corey said faintly at the end. He gripped on tight to the other husky's hand and got up slowly, legs still wobbling. "Well my teeth seem intact. Everything does. Thanks bro." Corey said, as he patted the other husky on the back.

That was sure a warm welcome, Corey thought sarcastically as he brushed off the small stones off his fur. His eyes widened as he Frank winced as he laid helplessly on the ground.

"Hey are you alright???" Corey said, rushing to his ankle.
FunkyChickenFace

Well, a better description would be that he TRIED to walk to Corey. Rather, after taking one or two steps he yelped as his ankle gave out and fell to the ground.

"Well. This is embarrassing," he said, "Ah, yeah I think I'm fine. Err, I could use some help to my house though."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Rocky Picked Frank up and put him on his shoulders, being careful not to touch his ankle.
"Hi my names Rocky" He said to the other husky.

-Robert Louis Stevenson