Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Brookshire Meadows

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

==== Brookshire Preserve ====
Neko wrote:"So, you've always lived here? Haven't you wanted to move somewhere else, see what else there is to see?"
Rikki shrugged, "I guess I used to think about that a bit... Like I said, I've been a couple places before, with Jack..." he sighed, "But... Eventually you gotta realize where your home is, where you grew up, and everyone you know is at... I mean... I get to see the places where me and my mother and father would go to, I get to remember playing with my littermates, all the friends I made who're still around, I get to smell them every day, and it's always nice to run into them..." He looked up and grinned at the trees, "Oh, and I get to remember all the wonderful times I spent with one of the most beautiful women I've ever known..." he gave a little purr, "I still live in the tree we mated in..." he chuckled, shaking his head. He glanced back at her over his shoulder, "Ah, but I'm sure you don't wanna hear about that. You can find out for yourself sometime... Right now..."

He opened up his arms as they walked through the treeline into the sunbleached field, their eyes adjusting so they could see, "We're here at yet another reason I like it here!"

Before them spread a rolling grassy field, which made it possible to see just how hilly the terrain was out here: it dipped down into a small valley with a massive lake, a cliff poking out of the far shore where the ground looked like it'd been chopped in half to make room for the lake. Beside them, the stream they'd been half-following ran along the bottom of a deep crease in the ground, coming off of the surface of the lake, which seemed to be the supplier of that brook...

Rikki let out a little bark as he leaped forward, dropping to all fours and bounding off across the field towards the lake...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna looked at the scenery with amazement, never having seen anything like it. The big open fields and the huge lake, it was all a wonder to see. She jumped slightly as Rikki barked out and took off on all fours, raising a brow out of curiosity as the raccoon took off."Okay then," she watched the Rikki as she walked down in the same direction as him, not in a hurry as the wolf took in her new surroundings.

razgriz wrote:This kid was very confusing for Max... one minute he worries about injury, the next he wants the mouse to fly even higher, "alright kid" max said, holding on, "whatever works."
Darin nodded, setting down the frisbee and other assortment of toys. He kept Max in one paw and used his free one to assist him in climbing the steps to the top of the slide. Once at the top, the pup stood and made sure he had good balance. "Are you ready?"
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

At YsF:
The Game wrote:Alana could tell that even Varg wasn't at ease. She looked again at Alexander and wrinkled her nose "I suppose it could be a hologram, though it doesn't really look like one. You should...you should just check up on everything. To be safe." She moved her paw out from underneath his so she could hold it tightly.
Varg held her paw tight, but careful not to hurt her. "Not sure what he's doing and me messing up like this will only make the matter worse... or shut down the system..." he put his other paw on the one he already held "Worry not, I'm sure he knows what he's doing."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back at BsM:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Sid nodded, trying to get back into character after an unexpected one-month hiatus, "I see... So they respect you when they're there? They let you live on your own?" he paused, trying not to ask too many questions too fast, but it was obvious that this was important to him. "What... What was your village like? I mean, did you have buildings?" His tail was rigid behind him, frozen as he let himself take in as much information as possible...
"They have no reason to do otherwise. We're unique and there are worldwide organizations that keep such uniqueness." Jack explained "As I said - they respect us and the native humans, leaving us to our privacy. There's a resort close by though, where the tourists stay. The employees are very strict towards the visits and only allow so much people to go to our islands on boats. Most of tourists fly on planes over the islands in order to see us. But that was only once per week on exact, negotiated day, that ain't a religious celebration, that is."
"And about our buildings" Johnny continued "They're nothing more than simple huts - same as they were for generations. This does not change the fact that they're uniquely comfortable."
HarlequinRed wrote:Mason chuckled at Sid's enthusiasm in Jack and Johnny's native land. The shepherd then seemed to doze off for a split second before bringing himself back. The cocoa was really getting to him and it had been a while since he had caught any sleep. "Excuse me, but would you mind if I take a seat?" he then asked curiously, hoping he wasn't being rude.
Johnny turned to the dog and grinned "Feel free to - you're a guest after all."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sid nodded, eating it up, "That's... Singularly fascinating..."
"So... What kind of decision-making structure do you have? Do you have money of some sort, or is everything communal? Is there a leadership structure, some form of consensus, or something different? And how do you deal with the food chain? That was always a big one that the Statists and the Humanists threw out, what do you do about carnivorous diets?" He was pulling alot of the stuff he'd learned from Anarchism, Communism, and Libertarianism, which were things he'd studied heavily at some point...

(( This sounds alot like Blue Peak Shore, by the way... ))

======== The Preserve ========
Neko wrote:Lorna looked at the scenery with amazement, never having seen anything like it. The big open fields and the huge lake, it was all a wonder to see. She jumped slightly as Rikki barked out and took off on all fours, raising a brow out of curiosity as the raccoon took off."Okay then," she watched the Rikki as she walked down in the same direction as him, not in a hurry as the wolf took in her new surroundings.
Rikki rushed down the slope, plowing into the water at the bottom and letting himself roll over with the force of it, leaving him floating on his back with a silly grin on his face... He paddled about like that for a moment until he'd circled back about into the shore, where he flipped over and stood up, shaking himself off a bit while reaching into his collar and pulling out a little vial, which he opened and swished around in the water...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Neko

Post by Neko »

Lorna watched Rikki curiously as she made her way down to the shore, the raccoon apparently loved the water. As she reached the shore beside Rikki, he was now busy with a vial in the lake water. "So that's how you test the water for pollution, just mixing a vial around in the water?" The wolf watched Rikki with curiosity, her tail wagging lazily behind her.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Uh... I guess..." Rikki said, putting the top back on the vial from under the water, "I take a few samples and bring them back to the station, so they can do stuff with them in the lab..." He tucked it away into a little rack that was attached to his collar, which had a few empty ones in it. Then he started walking along the shore again, "I take two from the lake, one at the shore, and one in the deep area... I think there are different things they're looking for..."
Neko

Post by Neko »

"What's the difference between the water here and the water that's farther down? It's all in the same place."Lorna followed Rikki along the shore, look off into the water. She had never seen anything like it in person. The water was really deep, the bottom of the lake disappearing from view as it left the shore.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Uhh..." Rikki really didn't know alot about science, he just knew what he was supposed to do... "I dunno, I guess it's like when there's dust or something, how it either sinks or floats? The fish seem to think that how deep they are matters, and there's some other stuff growing down there... And some caves..." He seemed to be looking off at something right net to them as he stepped just outside of the water, slowing his pace, "Yeah, there's this one cave where the water flows out of, and another where there water seems to flow back in... If you get too close it'll actually suck you down, and then you get stuck in this cave system down there, where there's like, Old Homes stuff down... there..." he crouched down a little with the last bit, stopping for a moment and leaning in close. Suddenly his hand shot into the water, yanking out a large crawdad, which he promptly bit the head off of and began to munch. "Oh, thesh thin' ar' gewd... Om nom yum... Mmph!" he kept chewing, picking a little bit of shell out of his mouth, "Mmmph, yeah... ya wan' sum too?" he peeled off the shell a bit more and took another bite from the still-wiggling crustacean's body...
Neko

Post by Neko »

Caves underneath the lake, that can suck you in? Lorna thought, the idea rather unnerving. Being in any relatively deep water and not knowing how to swim was frightening enough, but caves that could suck you in with no return? The idea alone put her on edge as she subconsciously took a step away from the water's edge.

The wolf was snapped from her thoughts as she saw Rikki suddenly eating something he had pulled from the water."Eh, no. That's okay," Not only did she have no idea what the raccoon was eating, but it didn't look or smell good at all.
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

"Thank you." said Mason as he nodded gratefully as he took a seat near the rest of them so he could still hear the conversation and jump in if he had to. So far Sid was going off on a tangent he didn't really want to involve himself in anyways, but he brought up some interesting points.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid nodded, eating it up, "That's... Singularly fascinating..."
"So... What kind of decision-making structure do you have? Do you have money of some sort, or is everything communal? Is there a leadership structure, some form of consensus, or something different? And how do you deal with the food chain? That was always a big one that the Statists and the Humanists threw out, what do you do about carnivorous diets?" He was pulling alot of the stuff he'd learned from Anarchism, Communism, and Libertarianism, which were things he'd studied heavily at some point...

(( This sounds alot like Blue Peak Shore, by the way... ))
((OOC: sounds like it, it's supposed to be similar, but not the same.))
"Last I remember - a council of elders is what guides us in hard times and through rough decisions. Other than that - we are our own masters, bowing down to the unwritten rules of our community." Jack continued to answer to the black cat's constant questioning "We never used any 'money' as currency - we simply traded one thing for another with the same worth to the community." The green eyed twin said and before he continued, Johnny whispered something in his ear very quietly and in the dialect they used at the archipelago. Jack nodded and headed towards Mason, leaving Johnny to cover up for him.
"I see you got quite interested in our community, Sid." The blue eyed twin said, grinning widely "So I will answer whatever my brother didn't manage to cover." He took a breath and continued, keeping his wide grin "You were asking how the meat-eaters and plant-eaters get along with their diet? Easy to think of and remember!" Johnny winked "They eat at different times and places in the village - that way they will avoid seeing unpleasant sights. However the all-eaters (omnivores) don't mind sharing a meal with both - while respecting the diet of the plant-eaters of course." the blue-eyed brother finished and raised an eyebrow "Was that clear enough for ya?"
HarlequinRed wrote:"Thank you." said Mason as he nodded gratefully as he took a seat near the rest of them so he could still hear the conversation and jump in if he had to. So far Sid was going off on a tangent he didn't really want to involve himself in anyways, but he brought up some interesting points.
By the time Johnny was explaining the things to Sid, Jack went to Mason and leaned next to him "My brother noticed you're very tired, Mason." The green-eyed brother said quietly and just loud enough for the dog to hear him "I can help you relax for a while. That is, if you're okay with me doing so."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Mason turned to teh green eyed catch, just barely catching the gist of what he was saying. "Oh, sure, sounds great." he nodded, with his tired smile on his face. It had been a while since he had caught a good rest.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Neko wrote: Darin nodded, setting down the frisbee and other assortment of toys. He kept Max in one paw and used his free one to assist him in climbing the steps to the top of the slide. Once at the top, the pup stood and made sure he had good balance. "Are you ready?"
"Yes" the mouse said, holding his parachute, ready to be tossed. "Lets fly!"
Neko

Post by Neko »

Darin slowly lowered his paw before quickly moving it upwards to launch the mouse into the air. "Lift off!"
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

The mouse held firmly to his chute and he was flying! It was quite a distance before he slowed down. He looked down at what seemed like a small wolf who threw him... It was kinda like being high up in the air when everything looked like ants, but, not quite. He released his chute then. It filled out and he rocked around as it slowed his decent back towards the wolf cub. He waved on the way down and examined the area.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

======== Brookshire Meadows - Seagle Residence ========
The Moon Howler wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid nodded, eating it up, "That's... Singularly fascinating..."
"Last I remember - a council of elders is what guides us in hard times and through rough decisions. Other than that - we are our own masters, bowing down to the unwritten rules of our community." Jack continued to answer to the black cat's constant questioning "We never used any 'money' as currency - we simply traded one thing for another with the same worth to the community." The green eyed twin said and before he continued, Johnny whispered something in his ear very quietly and in the dialect they used at the archipelago. Jack nodded and headed towards Mason, leaving Johnny to cover up for him.
"I see you got quite interested in our community, Sid." The blue eyed twin said, grinning widely "So I will answer whatever my brother didn't manage to cover." He took a breath and continued, keeping his wide grin "You were asking how the meat-eaters and plant-eaters get along with their diet? Easy to think of and remember!" Johnny winked "They eat at different times and places in the village - that way they will avoid seeing unpleasant sights. However the all-eaters (omnivores) don't mind sharing a meal with both - while respecting the diet of the plant-eaters of course." the blue-eyed brother finished and raised an eyebrow "Was that clear enough for ya?"
Sid shook his head, "No, I meant, how do you deal with the fact that carnivores NEED to eat other animals, but can't if they live in harmony with other animals. There's alot of writing on that concept, and in Detroit we didn't have to worry too much about it 'cause we mostly just ate food from restaurant trashes anyway, but I wanna know how you dealt with it." He wasn't sure why Johnny didn't seem to understand that, but he had a feeling that the answer wasn't exactly utopian: with carnivorous diets, SOMEONE had to get eaten at some point...

======== Brookshire Preserve ========
Neko wrote:Caves underneath the lake, that can suck you in? Lorna thought, the idea rather unnerving. Being in any relatively deep water and not knowing how to swim was frightening enough, but caves that could suck you in with no return? The idea alone put her on edge as she subconsciously took a step away from the water's edge.

The wolf was snapped from her thoughts as she saw Rikki suddenly eating something he had pulled from the water."Eh, no. That's okay," Not only did she have no idea what the raccoon was eating, but it didn't look or smell good at all.
Rikki munched down the rest of the crawdad, licking off the empty shell and tossing it back into the lake so more crawdads could grow from its remaining nutrients...

He turned to walk away from the lake, up the slope which looked like it might run behind the cliff on the side of the lake they were now heading for. "I'm surprised the humans and pets don't come out here that often... I guess they don't like to walk to far from where they've made their paths and buildings..." he shrugged, "This place is nice though, especially around this time of year, when there's less water in the forest..."
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== Brookshire Meadows - Seagle Residence ========

Sid shook his head, "No, I meant, how do you deal with the fact that carnivores NEED to eat other animals, but can't if they live in harmony with other animals. There's alot of writing on that concept, and in Detroit we didn't have to worry too much about it 'cause we mostly just ate food from restaurant trashes anyway, but I wanna know how you dealt with it." He wasn't sure why Johnny didn't seem to understand that, but he had a feeling that the answer wasn't exactly utopian: with carnivorous diets, SOMEONE had to get eaten at some point...
"Ancestors thought of that." Johnny replied "The meat diet consists of mostly fish, birds and some other smaller animals, mostly rodents. Also, there's butchery in every village and the plant eaters are forbidden to go there... for obvious reasons, of course. All in all - everything that's not a villager, tourist or under their protection is a potential meal... except the monkeys... everyone stays away from them."

~~~~~~
HarlequinRed wrote:Mason turned to teh green eyed catch, just barely catching the gist of what he was saying. "Oh, sure, sounds great." he nodded, with his tired smile on his face. It had been a while since he had caught a good rest.
"Good!" Jack replied with a smile and made a backwards somersault, landing behind Mason "Now just stay there and relax!" The cat whispered as he began to massage the canine's head, carefully finding the dog's weak points and pressing them, causing the shepherd to relax. Soon after, he moved down the canine's neck and shoulders, looking for the last point he needed.
"Alright, puppy dog." The neberlung whispered once again "I will need your approval if I'm to continue. Once I finish, you'll be asleep for about an hour. Do you want me to continue?"

My RP Characters
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Mason looked behind at the cat a slightly amused expression on his tired face "Permission huh? Well alright then sounds fine with me as long as my napping isn't posing a problem in your home." nodded the Shepard before realizing he had been called 'puppy dog' causing him to chuckle a bit.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:"Ancestors thought of that." Johnny replied "The meat diet consists of mostly fish, birds and some other smaller animals, mostly rodents. Also, there's butchery in every village and the plant eaters are forbidden to go there... for obvious reasons, of course. All in all - everything that's not a villager, tourist or under their protection is a potential meal... except the monkeys... everyone stays away from them."
Sid nodded slowly as he took i that answer, "So... Not everyone's equal in your society... You still have people being eaten for food, just not people who are "part of the village"... I see..." he was starting to get a better picture of this society, "And... how does one become a member of the village? How do the predators know who's in there and who isn't? If one of these rodents or birds wanted to be part of the village, could they join?" His questions were kept in a curious tone of voice, as if he wasn't really judging them yet, only seeking to learn as much as possible. It was an interesting side of Sid that was hardly ever shown: his cold, intellectual core, where he did alot more thinking and alot less... well... the other things that he usually did...
Neko

Post by Neko »

razgriz wrote:The mouse held firmly to his chute and he was flying! It was quite a distance before he slowed down. He looked down at what seemed like a small wolf who threw him... It was kinda like being high up in the air when everything looked like ants, but, not quite. He released his chute then. It filled out and he rocked around as it slowed his decent back towards the wolf cub. He waved on the way down and examined the area.
Darin sat down and watched the mouse, the chute expanding and the decent slowed. His tail wagged and he happily waved at to the mouse.

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Rikki munched down the rest of the crawdad, licking off the empty shell and tossing it back into the lake so more crawdads could grow from its remaining nutrients...

He turned to walk away from the lake, up the slope which looked like it might run behind the cliff on the side of the lake they were now heading for. "I'm surprised the humans and pets don't come out here that often... I guess they don't like to walk to far from where they've made their paths and buildings..." he shrugged, "This place is nice though, especially around this time of year, when there's less water in the forest..."
Lorna followed behind Rikki, simply glad that they had the area to themselves. "Yea, it's really nice out here and it being empty is fine by me." Her tail swished lazily behind her as she climbed the hill.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

The mouse waved back as he floated down and drifted to land at about half way up the slide. He pulled his chute in, held it and slid down to the bottom of the slide, then began to climb it. "See? Told you it'd work" he said as he went up.
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Sid nodded slowly as he took i that answer, "So... Not everyone's equal in your society... You still have people being eaten for food, just not people who are "part of the village"... I see..." he was starting to get a better picture of this society, "And... how does one become a member of the village? How do the predators know who's in there and who isn't? If one of these rodents or birds wanted to be part of the village, could they join?" His questions were kept in a curious tone of voice, as if he wasn't really judging them yet, only seeking to learn as much as possible. It was an interesting side of Sid that was hardly ever shown: his cold, intellectual core, where he did alot more thinking and alot less... well... the other things that he usually did...
Johnny shrugged his shoulders "You make us sound like the bad guys, but honestly - you're the same. I don't know house pets like you ever asked those 'farm animals' if they want to be canned and eaten." He raised a finger "And about that 'equal in our society' part - You don't exactly think how a plant eater will feel around fresh meat, do you? Ever throw a raw steak at a Rabbit just to see the reaction?" The Nebelung raised an eyebrow "As I said - Ancestors thought of that. They better have this small restriction for their good and the good of the community. If they don't want to live with predators such as moi - they are free to leave for any other village."

~~~~~~
HarlequinRed wrote:Mason looked behind at the cat a slightly amused expression on his tired face "Permission huh? Well alright then sounds fine with me as long as my napping isn't posing a problem in your home." nodded the Shepard before realizing he had been called 'puppy dog' causing him to chuckle a bit.
Jack nodded "Alright, doggy, off to sleep you go!" The green eyed twin said as he pressed the weak-spot, causing the canine to fall asleep. The cat grabbed the dog and helped him to lie down. Jack rubbed his paws "Time to get started." the felien said as he began to massage Mason

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

======== Brookshire Meadows ========
Sid stared for a moment as if blinking, then responded, "I... wasn't trying to portray anyone in any way... I just wanted to know how it all worked... I mean, that's like the number one problem that gets pointed out about non-human civilizations: how they deal with carnivorism. I just wanted to know how you guys dealt with it if there are carnivores living with their prey animals, I didn't think it'd be perfect..." He sighed and shrugged, getting a bit frustrated with what he was beginning to realize was a mildly zenophobic and not very intellectual cat. "Hey, if you don't like me asking, don't offer to tell me about it. That's cool, I don't have to know, I just wanted to hear about it because I used to talk about it wit my friends all the time..." he sighed again, throwing it off, "Anyway, if you don't want to talk about it, what do you want to talk about?"

======== The Preserve ========
Neko wrote:Lorna followed behind Rikki, simply glad that they had the area to themselves. "Yea, it's really nice out here and it being empty is fine by me." Her tail swished lazily behind her as she climbed the hill.
Rikki sort of led her up the hill, into the treeline a little bit and then up a sharp incline to get on top of the mound. He started walking back towards the lake, this time on top of the rising cliff. He glanced back and noticed her tail, "I see someone likes it here..." he chuckled, "Wolves' tails have such obvious tells.." He kept leading her up the hill, "Hey, maybe sometime I could introduce you to my wolf friend Ceasar and his pack, they live a little ways South of here..."
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Mason's eyes slowly shut but his tired smile still remained as he was massaged.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Neko

Post by Neko »

razgriz wrote:The mouse waved back as he floated down and drifted to land at about half way up the slide. He pulled his chute in, held it and slid down to the bottom of the slide, then began to climb it. "See? Told you it'd work" he said as he went up.
The pup giggled as he watched the mouse who was slowly climbing up the slide. "That was fun, do you wanna do it again? Or do you wanna play something else?" His tail continued to wag excitingly, having a good time.

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Rikki sort of led her up the hill, into the treeline a little bit and then up a sharp incline to get on top of the mound. He started walking back towards the lake, this time on top of the rising cliff. He glanced back and noticed her tail, "I see someone likes it here..." he chuckled, "Wolves' tails have such obvious tells.." He kept leading her up the hill, "Hey, maybe sometime I could introduce you to my wolf friend Ceasar and his pack, they live a little ways South of here..."

The wolf looked behind her, just now noticing her swaying tail which she silently yelled at for being so obvious with her emotions. She let out a soft sigh and put her attention back on following Rikki, looking around as they went. "Wolf friend?" Lorna had no desire to talk to another wolf, especially a pack of them. She had no idea how wolves were suppose to act, or treat each other. "No thanks, I'd rather not.."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki shrugged and continued on, "K... well... they're pretty nice, and might even offer to let you stay with them if you wanted a home..." He gave a sly grin over his shoulder, "There's a couple of unclaimed males too, and I'm sure they'd find a healthy female like you quite attractive..." he chuckled, "I mean, assuming you're interested in that sort of attention. If not, they have the tact to leave you alone..."
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

The room was uneasy, as beads of sweat formed on the cattle dog’s head. The machine before Alexander worked at a full capacity, whirring every now and then, and sending small beams of light that shone from the top of the device. A second pulse shot through the room, but this time, did not have the same effect as the one prior. As Alexander continued to execute commands into the console, the device rattled harder and harder, almost violently as the button in the centre neared the glowing panel that supported the body of the strange device.

So far so good!” He spoke in a chipper tone, smiling as his fingers glided along the keyboard. He turned in his seat with his keyboard on his lap. His paws still typing code away, as the voice over the intercom sounded yet again. “Stabilisation at fifty precent.” This made Alexander smile to his comrades amongst him. A small spark suddenly went off at the back of the machine. It caused it to whirr for a few moments, before the lights on the front of the machine began to glow a deep crimson. An alarm suddenly sounded from the intercom, before the cattle dog had a look of shock on his face. ‘If the lights are going mad, then this HAS to mean that something’s gone wrong.’ Alexander thought, before he faked a calm look. “Don’t worry everyone, I have this covered.” He spoke, as he began to type in a shutdown command. He was becoming more and more worried as the code he input had not worked. The canine attempted to keep the current situation under control, before he clapped his paws loudly together, and the alarm shut off.

Warning, fluctuation detected.” The electronic voice continued to speak, as Alexander began to fear for the worst. His heart raced for a few moments, before he heard pops and buzzing sound from inside the machine. “Oh no.” He whispered, as he backed up with his chair slightly. The lights on the front of the machine, began popping out of their sockets. And the lights inside the room began to flicker. “V-varg, do you still h-have the shutdown code I gave you?” Alexander stuttered, as he bit his lower lip.

There was a sudden flash of light that shot out of the machine. It caused a high pitched ringing to fill the canine’s sensitive ears, disorienting him for the moment as he gritted his teeth together and kept his eyes closed. The lights inside the room suddenly shut off, and everything was silent.

Guys?”

((BORING.))
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Butch shouted in a much less masculine tone than he'd meant to, "Ah! Why is it dark?!" He was now quite perturbed on his chair and had pretty much lost his cool...
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

When the lights went out, Arin (the cool and collected dog she is) shrieked and looked around aimlessly, clutching Spike for dear life.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Tha Housefox wrote:When the lights went out, Arin (the cool and collected dog she is) shrieked and looked around aimlessly, clutching Spike for dear life.
Spike hugged Arin to try and calm her, but he was worried too. "shh, everything's alright."
If it's not, I am so gonna kill that mad scientist.

Kat was bouncing up and down in her seat with glee. "Let's do that again."
(OOC: Was that the switch? are we in a different timeline yet? cause if we are, I need to change Kat's voice.)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki shrugged and continued on, "K... well... they're pretty nice, and might even offer to let you stay with them if you wanted a home..." He gave a sly grin over his shoulder, "There's a couple of unclaimed males too, and I'm sure they'd find a healthy female like you quite attractive..." he chuckled, "I mean, assuming you're interested in that sort of attention. If not, they have the tact to leave you alone..."
Lorna listened to Rikki as she followed him, hoping the subject of the conversation would change rather quickly. He says that, but they wouldn't want anything to do with me after they learned about me. I'm better off staying alone and saving myself the trouble. The wolf looked to the ground as the raccoon spoke about the unclaimed males and her 'attractiveness', a very odd subject matter. "Er, again no. I don't want to meet any males, or wolves in general."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Rikki blinked back at her with a bit of surprise, "Really? I thought you wolves liked each other's company..." he realized that she was in a very down mood, and sighed, giving a shrug, "Fine... If you change your mind, just say so..."

They neared the top of the hill, and Rikki began to take off his collar, pulling another vial out of it. He slid it off his neck and re-clasped it as far as it would go, holding it as a little ring... "Ok, this is the fun part..." he said. He went over to the edge and grinned over it, looking down at the rippling surface of the lake about 15 feet below. He pulled back, "So, to get to the bottom easily, I jump off this ledge and dive down until I get to the bottom. It's really fun, but this collar will get soaked if I do that much with it, so I have to leave it up here." He tossed it to the ground, "C'mon, feel like a swim? It's a really fun jump!" He assumed she could swim ok, and this was one of the more fun activities for the local forest animals...

==== Meanwhile, southwest of them ====
"Huh..." Taku said, sniffing about, "Dad's usually around here somewhere... I guess he's doing something with the humans...?"

Taku and Samuel had walked all the way over to Rikki's territory by now. The strange canine they'd encountered had faded from their memories, but had left them with the odd feeling that he might not have been so crazy after all. Taku was looking for his father now, as he always had answers to important questions, he didn't seem to be near by though...
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== Brookshire Meadows ========
Sid stared for a moment as if blinking, then responded, "I... wasn't trying to portray anyone in any way... I just wanted to know how it all worked... I mean, that's like the number one problem that gets pointed out about non-human civilizations: how they deal with carnivorism. I just wanted to know how you guys dealt with it if there are carnivores living with their prey animals, I didn't think it'd be perfect..." He sighed and shrugged, getting a bit frustrated with what he was beginning to realize was a mildly zenophobic and not very intellectual cat. "Hey, if you don't like me asking, don't offer to tell me about it. That's cool, I don't have to know, I just wanted to hear about it because I used to talk about it wit my friends all the time..." he sighed again, throwing it off, "Anyway, if you don't want to talk about it, what do you want to talk about?"
Johnny was about to reply when he heard a light cough. He turned just to see his brother had a very serious expression on his face. The twin exchanged look for closely 10 seconds, before The blue-eyed twin turned back with slightly worried look in his eyes. He lightly bowed at Sid "Forgive me for my sharpness, Sid. I... WE have some painful memories from Kaneka."
~~~~~~
After he finished with his brother, Jack returned silently to massaging the dog's front. He did not care to remove the canine's clothes, but instead was masterly working on the Mason through them.
~~~~~~
At YsF

Varg stood when Alexander called him, letting go of Alana's paw and giving her a calming smile, before he hurried to the cattle dog. He stopped in midway though cause all the light went down.
"Alexander! Use emergency code: "Brvo-Delta-5413565-Phinix-Zero". It should reactivate the system." The wolf yelled, as he slowly dragged back to Alana, following her scent. When he reached her, he stretched his paw towards her, managing to grab her by the shoulder. "It's me, Varg, just stay here and relax, It will be alright." He whispered to her calmly, trying to keep her from panicking.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Kat was bouncing up and down in her seat with glee. "Let's do that again."
Rion on the other hand wasn't so excited, his ears fell flat as he was staring at the location of Kat "Kat, remember when I said I had a bad feeling about this? Well, Now I really do."

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:==== Meanwhile, southwest of them ====
"Huh..." Taku said, sniffing about, "Dad's usually around here somewhere... I guess he's doing something with the humans...?"

Taku and Samuel had walked all the way over to Rikki's territory by now. The strange canine they'd encountered had faded from their memories, but had left them with the odd feeling that he might not have been so crazy after all. Taku was looking for his father now, as he always had answers to important questions, he didn't seem to be near by though...
I would suggest we go to find him, but my interactions with humans have been less then preferable before."
--------------
The Moon Howler wrote:Rion on the other hand wasn't so excited, his ears fell flat as he was staring at the location of Kat "Kat, remember when I said I had a bad feeling about this? Well, Now I really do."
"How can you feel worse, everything stopped happening, and we're perfectly fine... does my voice sound a bit different to you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

======== Brookshire Wildlife Preserve ========
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I would suggest we go to find him, but my interactions with humans have been less then preferable before."
Taku nodded, "Well... Jack's nice, he's been friends with my dad since I was a pup... But I don't really feel comfortable going into the development... Last time it didn't go so well..." He rubbed his mangled nose in memory, "I think we can just keep looking around in here..." He started looking around more, walking in the general direction of the ranger's station, but he noticed an odd smell while he walked... He was sure he was supposed to recognize it, but it wasn't an animal he knew... What smelled like this again? He slowed, sniffing the air and thinking....

Taku froze, recognizing the smell: it was a wolf, and not one he knew...

"I..." Taku looked around in fear, realizing just how bad a wandering predator could be... He glanced back at the fox "Samuel.... I smell a wolf..." He looked around, "I... I think my dad went to go find it..."

======== Brookshire Meadows ========
The Moon Howler wrote:Johnny was about to reply when he heard a light cough. He turned just to see his brother had a very serious expression on his face. The twin exchanged look for closely 10 seconds, before The blue-eyed twin turned back with slightly worried look in his eyes. He lightly bowed at Sid "Forgive me for my sharpness, Sid. I... WE have some painful memories from Kaneka."
~~~~~~
After he finished with his brother, Jack returned silently to massaging the dog's front. He did not care to remove the canine's clothes, but instead was masterly working on the Mason through them.
Sid stared, softening a bit. "Oh... Well..." he scratched the back of his neck, "I... I guess I can understand that..." He remembered that a year or two ago his own life was pretty horrible... He shrugged, "Don't s'pose you wanna talk about it...?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

razgriz wrote:"I was thinking we do the fun one," Thor said, leaving their thoughts to answer exactly which prank they'd used.
Loki paused as the separate thoughts marched through his head, allowing his face to slowly creep into a sinister grin. "Thor, please tell me why I didn't think of that?" He said, laughing as he finished saying it. "I mean, all the pieces fall perfectly... there's only a few possible ways we could fail this... and I don't think we'd slip up in those ways..."
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Neko

Post by Neko »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Rikki blinked back at her with a bit of surprise, "Really? I thought you wolves liked each other's company..." he realized that she was in a very down mood, and sighed, giving a shrug, "Fine... If you change your mind, just say so..."

They neared the top of the hill, and Rikki began to take off his collar, pulling another vial out of it. He slid it off his neck and re-clasped it as far as it would go, holding it as a little ring... "Ok, this is the fun part..." he said. He went over to the edge and grinned over it, looking down at the rippling surface of the lake about 15 feet below. He pulled back, "So, to get to the bottom easily, I jump off this ledge and dive down until I get to the bottom. It's really fun, but this collar will get soaked if I do that much with it, so I have to leave it up here." He tossed it to the ground, "C'mon, feel like a swim? It's a really fun jump!" He assumed she could swim ok, and this was one of the more fun activities for the local forest animals...
Lorna let out a small sigh of relief when Rikki quickly dropped the dreaded subject. She moved up and kept at least 2 feet between her and the cliff's edge, leaning over to look down at the water but quickly standing straight. The wolf had never swam in her life, the only water she had played in had been puddles of rain water or the gardening hose. "That's alright, I'd prefer to just stand and watch."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Taku nodded, "Well... Jack's nice, he's been friends with my dad since I was a pup... But I don't really feel comfortable going into the development... Last time it didn't go so well..." He rubbed his mangled nose in memory, "I think we can just keep looking around in here..." He started looking around more, walking in the general direction of the ranger's station, but he noticed an odd smell while he walked... He was sure he was supposed to recognize it, but it wasn't an animal he knew... What smelled like this again? He slowed, sniffing the air and thinking....

Taku froze, recognizing the smell: it was a wolf, and not one he knew...

"I..." Taku looked around in fear, realizing just how bad a wandering predator could be... He glanced back at the fox "Samuel.... I smell a wolf..." He looked around, "I... I think my dad went to go find it..."
"My last experience with wolves was not nearly as bad as with humans, but I would still prefer to not repeat it. Hopefully the wolves of this land are more civilized."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Mason lay still, enjoying his massage while asleep. Deep within his mind he had short subtle dreams of home and past life but they were quickly replaced by other thoughts of what he wanted in his own future.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

==== Da Lake ====
Neko wrote:Lorna let out a small sigh of relief when Rikki quickly dropped the dreaded subject. She moved up and kept at least 2 feet between her and the cliff's edge, leaning over to look down at the water but quickly standing straight. The wolf had never swam in her life, the only water she had played in had been puddles of rain water or the gardening hose. "That's alright, I'd prefer to just stand and watch."
Rikki blinked at her, "Really? It's fun..." he didn't press it though, "Ok then... If you don't wanna swim, you mind taking my collar back down? Otherwise I'll have to come back up to get it... I always forget to take it off on the shore..." He gestured down at the collar he'd thrown down...

==== Da Forest ====
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"My last experience with wolves was not nearly as bad as with humans, but I would still prefer to not repeat it. Hopefully the wolves of this land are more civilized."
Taku looked over at Samuel, "Well... a wolf itself isn't so bad, but this one can't be from around here..." he cringed, "Other large predators have wandered into the forest before, they come from a place called Yorkshire, and the people there.... Aren't always right... Emotionally, socially... Some of them can get real violent on you really fast..." he gritted his teeth a bit in worry, "Dad... Dad could be in real trouble..." He started remembering the spring his father had fought the mountain lion, just after the snow had melted... He remembered visiting him, how weak he'd seemed, drugged out with his leg wrapped in something hard to keep it from falling apart... He'd never felt so terrified in all his life: it was when he realized that his father WASN'T invincible....