PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Rendak

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by Rendak »

So when will we decide when we need new people? After the final roll call?
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

You ask this as if I know what I'm doing...
I guess we can start deciding on it now...

Everyone, your 2 members who are interested in running the RP are LeafOLawl and WolvenPaw. Figure out what to do with them as a group somehow. (You don't have to just go with the GM thing, whatever power-structure you want to set up is fine, I just want a leader who can help me keep track of all the RPs.)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
QuartzOrren

Post by QuartzOrren »

I am back. I've been gone so long, I'm just lost. I won't leave this place, especially when it's in need. Forgive me for being gone long enough to be neglected.
RAINBOW YEAAH!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:== Roll Call ==
Everyone who's still interested in this RP, please tell me that you're here, and who you'd like to be the GM.

Raccoon's Tally:
- Shiroshune
- WolvenPaw
- Rendak
- Seth
- Leafolawl
- QuartzOrren
- Chewy (is coming back)

Nominations for GM:
- LeafOLawl
- WolvenPaw
LeafOLawl and WolvenPaw, help decide who the gm is gonna be.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Well, it seem I've lost the ability to stall this...

Well, I'm not going to give any empty promises, since we're not exactly the idiots in politics, and I don't see the point in giving any speeches. Vote for whoever you guys think will be better for Radiant Gardens, that's all I can say.

I prefer to keep things short and simple when I can.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok... So how will you run things as a GM? That's what you need to be saying, as they can't well make a smart decision if you're not telling them that.

What are you going to do? How are you going to run the RP? In what ways will you make decisions? How would you describe your philosophy? How will you enforce the rules? Are you going to push for anything special?

If you can't even explain to them what you're going to do as a GM, you shouldn't be a GM. It's a bit more important than just being popular...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Well first off, is how would I run it? Well there are rules and of course I will enforce them, but I believe there are a few rules that moderators can be a bit easy on. I believe in a "Three Strike" rule, three breaks, I will give you a warning on each, break it a fourth time, I will kindly ask you to leave, if you persist I will ask a higher up to step in, I'm kind but can be pushed.

And well I will run like normal, any major changes, I beleave we should make a vote on.

As for anything special, it all depends on what you mean by special
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Ok... So how will you run things as a GM? That's what you need to be saying, as they can't well make a smart decision if you're not telling them that.

What are you going to do? How are you going to run the RP? In what ways will you make decisions? How would you describe your philosophy? How will you enforce the rules? Are you going to push for anything special?

If you can't even explain to them what you're going to do as a GM, you shouldn't be a GM. It's a bit more important than just being popular...
Leafolawl wrote:I have no objections to running this if ChewyChewy, who was, if I remember correctly, elected as assistant GM for here, doesn't feel like stepping up to run here when they return.

Although I will say that I will be rather strict on the RP forum's rules as well as the house rules for the RP if I am chosen to run RG. I don't like seeing half-command half-ask people in control. I understand that strongly suggesting is preferred, and one of the easiest things to use to control things, and I will strongly suggest things, but there are things that are considered to be minor offenses, and there are others that are major offenses, and I would like to avoid the major ones being made.

Also, it all comes down to what's being pushed. I intend to keep the "Three sentence minimum" that CTC put in place, but I will allow it to be ignored if one's post is descriptive enough on what the character is doing, but on other things, like say, the magic rules, I will keep magic, but I will keep close watch on it to make sure nobody is being forced to do something they don't want to and that it isn't going too far beyond the silly line of the comic.

I intend to try and keep the basic idea of RG that I perceived, even if it's not entirely accurate.
That's the rough idea of what I will do, and if you want the whole picture, I have no issue with giving a detailed list on the rules I will have and the way in which I will implement them.
Love me right now! Done.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Leafolawl wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Ok... So how will you run things as a GM? That's what you need to be saying, as they can't well make a smart decision if you're not telling them that.

Leafolawl wrote:I have no objections to running this if ChewyChewy, who was, if I remember correctly, elected as assistant GM for here, doesn't feel like stepping up to run here when they return.

Although I will say that I will be rather strict on the RP forum's rules as well as the house rules for the RP if I am chosen to run RG. I don't like seeing half-command half-ask people in control. I understand that strongly suggesting is preferred, and one of the easiest things to use to control things, and I will strongly suggest things, but there are things that are considered to be minor offenses, and there are others that are major offenses, and I would like to avoid the major ones being made.

Also, it all comes down to what's being pushed. I intend to keep the "Three sentence minimum" that CTC put in place, but I will allow it to be ignored if one's post is descriptive enough on what the character is doing, but on other things, like say, the magic rules, I will keep magic, but I will keep close watch on it to make sure nobody is being forced to do something they don't want to and that it isn't going too far beyond the silly line of the comic.

I intend to try and keep the basic idea of RG that I perceived, even if it's not entirely accurate.
That's the rough idea of what I will do, and if you want the whole picture, I have no issue with giving a detailed list on the rules I will have and the way in which I will implement them.
It's best to just give that information now. Let them know what they're getting into before they pick you or not so it's not just "campaign promises."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Like I'd said, I have no issue with writing it all up, so here it is.
Well, we're not changing the town or anything, we're still Radiant Gardens. Although, I'd like to actually add a description to the town, instead of the vague "Next to a forest, and made to catch the overflow from RV" that it has.

:Radiant Gardens:

-:Setting:
Radiant Gardens is a town skirted by a forest nearly four hours from a place called Richardson Valley by car. Originally, the founders' idea was to make the town twenty minutes away from Richardson Valley, but the price of land was too high around the area once Richardson Valley was complete, and the land wasn't suited to the founders' ideals, so they had decided to change the location of construction to somewhere where prices weren't raised by how close they were to an already existing town. That's when they had found the current location of Radiant Gardens, and the shape the forest in the area went perfect with the vision the founders' had when they had originally started looking for an area to start their town.

Since then, the town has gradually expanded until you have what it is today. Construction has come to a halt in the area, because nobody in the area wants to know how much the ecosystem around the town can take, and they feel the town has become big enough as it is. What most people don't know is that the area is actually supported by a source of magic that acts almost as if a pool of life for the area, and because the source is what it is, people and pets alike are able to harness the powers of magic in the area. This "pool of life" is also capable of sustaining ghosts to the point at which they almost seem alive, if it wasn't for the fact they still didn't need the things the living need, and could only be seen by some of those who tap into the pool.

--:Town:
???

--:Forest area:
???

-:House Rules:

Light warnings aren't very serious offenses, and it takes quite a few of these to get you kicked out of RG.
Medium warnings are the offenses that aren't exactly harsh, but they're a bit more serious than light warnings. It takes four or five of these to be kicked from RG
Harsh warnings are serious offenses, taking only two or three warnings to get you kicked.

Mixing between the three is a bit more complicated, it takes one harsh and up to five light, three light warnings and two medium warnings, or one harsh and two medium to get you kicked, but preferably, you won't have to try and figure out any math behind how they add up.

Warning "Tags" are not easy to shake, for every IC day without incident, I will take one or two light tags off, but you cannot get rid of medium tags in one IC day, and you simply CANNOT GET RID OF harsh tags.

--:Light:

Each post must have at least three sentences, or have enough detail to make it so it's not just something as simple as "(Character) stood there listening." It does little to give a character life, and we want all characters to be able to stand out as their own individual, not as a side character to be tossed aside at the earliest convenience.
I will warn someone twice on this before it starts to really count against them.

Ghost characters cannot directly interact with the living without a catalyst, such as a necklace hanging over a piece of paper with the alphabet written on it, or something similar. This rule doesn't apply if the living character is able to sense the dead character in any way.
This being broken will get no freebee warnings.

Any lack of communication is a light offense, because it makes things difficult and confusing for the other members in the RP. If it's because you didn't read something in the OOC thread, it's your fault, if you didn't say anything to let us know what's going on, it's your fault.
There are two freebee warnings on this.

--:Medium:

Continuity breaks are not something I tolerate very well. If you're at (Char. A)'s house in their front yard, and something happens in (Char. B)'s front yard, but the houses are already confirmed to be on opposite sides of town, you can't see what's happening.
This isn't easy to fix, but it's a rather common mistake for newcomers, so I will warn one only once before it starts to really count against them.

Remotely controlling another person's character by making events happen around them that give them no other choice is only allowed if you get their permission here in the OOC thread, and if you are doing it to an entire group, you HAVE to have EVERYONE'S permission to do it, no majorities. This does not count if your character, say, takes the other character's hand and presses their hand against something they didn't want to touch. That's your character interacting with their character.
This is not something someone slips up on easily, so this gets no freebee warnings.

Non-magic characters cannot be indirectly affected by magic at all, since they've not interacted with the pool of life, and as such, cannot be tracked, investigated upon, or anything else, with magic. Also, magic users are not allowed to use magic to give themselves an edge against the non-magical. It's an unfair advantage that they'd be able to do so.
This gets no freebee warnings.

--:Harsh:

(Light controlling of this manner, such as saying everyone done something with no way that they can say they didn't, such as "(Char. A) led (Char. B, Char. D, and Char. E) while (Char. C) stayed behind for (X reason)" is treated as a medium offense, but gets no freebee warnings all the same.)
Controlling another person's character directly isn't allowed without permission in general, but it is especially not not going to be allowed in some place within my watch. Not only will you probably not portray the character correctly, but even if you do somehow manage it, YOU DON'T HAVE PERMISSION! It's not your right to control a character that's not yours without the permission to do so, and if I were to even allow those to stay, it would make posting for the character's actual user difficult.
Not only will the post be deleted by a moderator(I will notify them of it.), the person who posted it will get a HEAVY warning on the subject, and be completely kicked from RG upon a second breaking of the rule.

Magic isn't a wild card, you can't have 2 strength and then cast some spell and act as if your character has 10 strength. And 2 Agility cannot be made 10 by the wave of a wand. Temporary +1 stat boosts are pushing it even, but I will be nice and let these happen, only for one in character hour. NOT EVEN ONE SECOND LONGER, and they are only allowed one every FIVE IC DAYS THAT WE ACTUALLY DO STUFF IN. You are not allowed to count five IC days including days between the day that ends, so if we decide to time skip to four months later, assuming you used the stat boost on the day that just ended, you will be starting on your first day without it, not have already waited out the five IC days that you need to. This is ignored if there is a strictly-magic gathering, and the game's goal make it a point to use such spells or whatever it is that boosts their stat.
If I see you apply more than one temporary +1 stat boost, it will be treated as a medium offense, but any attempts at permanent boosts, or stat boosts greater than one, even if temporary, will be treated like the harsh offense it is.

-:Players:

--(player's name)
---Characters:
----Slot:(Name):([species]/[magical?])
-----(SPECIAL)
----Slot:(Name):([species]/[magical?])
-----(SPECIAL)
----Ghost Slot:(Name):([species]/Ghost)
-----(SPECIAL)[Will be a specialized variant. Until I get this worked out, we will retain the standard two main character slots without ghost characters.]
--(Warning Tags)

_________________________________________________________________________________

Each player will only get ONE ghost character, and only two of their characters can be magical in any sense. This means if you want both your living characters to be magical, you can't have a ghost character.

Although, I urge you to not try and fill up all the character slots, since it will take off your ability to focus on the development of your other characters. If you want to do it, and you feel you can balance your focus of character development, you go ahead and try, no rules stopping you, no rules I would put in to stop you unless I absolutely have to.

And, since I am not a dictator, I will remain open to suggestions, so feel free to say anything you think would be good to note. Any questions on it? Great, you can't make progress without questioning something, so lay on the questions in a nice thick layer.

When writing the final draft, I will read through the IC thread and take note of all the things inside it, that way I don't have a lack of description for the town and forest area surrounding the town.

This is how I would run RG, and how I would try and keep organization. If you would prefer WolvenPaw15, I have no issue with losing out to them. Someone who's been here since the creation of RG has a much better grasp of what it is that made RG what it is than what I do.
Love me right now! Done.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Leaf, are you saying magic all starts because of this pool of life? Because, that goes against all the magic characters in the roleplay at the moment who have backstories for why they're magic. Thankfully, that's only 3 (or 4, if you count Ekez) pets (belonging to Rendak and Wolven).

...I must admit, I've no idea what those backstories are. Rendak's character Aethon probably just learnt it because it was the norm so many hundreds of yours ago in the alternate timeline he comes from.

I know Athlon's reason for magic is that it's all learnt in texts. If I was in the RP still, I'd insist upon my character Sly still learning magic from the Russian book given to him by Athlon's character Zappa.

this all being said, my opinion really doesn't matter anymore.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I was thinking of reposting Zeke's sheet because I honestly cannot find it, I can post why he has magic, and give more info about Ekez as well, I am going to give him a seprate sheet but not a seprate SPECIAL
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah, I don't understand why you have to change the backstory of the neighborhood to make magic work. In Brookshire we always just left it at "Magic exists" and let players take it from there...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Seeing as I've been very much unreliably posting here, I've no objections to replacing me as GM.

Anyways, I'll be lightening my load around the RP section, and IRL, so that will make it easier for me to post. I would apologize, but I've done that so many times already that it's practically how I say Hello around here now.

So, yeah.

Sorry.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

the pool of life would have to be the source of the magical power in RG, since there is no magic use possible in RV, and the two towns are just across the mountains from each other. holds up his broom... looks like i'm walking.. i'm not getting any wands at all on this thing here in RV. ;p
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...Then how is Sid there? He's like, one of the sources of supernatural lore in BsM...
I guess it could be that there's like, a different layer of reality in some places... Or maybe it's part of a game of Universes and Unrealities...
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I will probably resign my post as co-GM, as with my fast and all I won't be here much until August, and I can't guarantee I'll continue to be on as often as I have in the past, which is pretty much the only reason I was co-GM because I don't do too well in leadership positions of this sort.

Regarding magic, I only have one request: I have recently introduced a character called Peter, who is my take on the Easter Bunny. I don't intend to use him very often, but by his very nature he is meant to be a mystery, and not subject to the regular rules. This is why I don't intend to use him that often because I don't want to be above the rules for a regular character. He mostly is to relate to Vanilla rather than other characters at this point, although he could certainly interact with other supernatural characters. I promise not to use him to make other characters do whatever, although he might occasionally whisper suggestions in their ears, but it's up to them to decide if they act on it.

Would it be possible for me to continue to use him?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Maybe
Go with it for a while see how it goes...
But I'm not sure if thats my call
So thats just my opinion :X
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

WolvenPaw15 wrote:But I'm not sure if thats my call
Should be everyone in the neighborhood's call, they have to play with the limitation...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Thats quite true Rock, and like Chewy said, Peter only makes suggestions, so they don't HAVE to listen to him.
Pet Friendly:
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Anyway, it seems Wolven's won the vote.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Has everyone from the role play voted?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Well, seeing as I was one of the ones who was going for the position, if I were to vote, it's not really the same. publicly, if I were to vote for my opponent, it's shows I don't really caring if I win or not, when not voting in general shows that. If I were to vote for myself, it could either be seen as selfish, or that I think the opponent isn't proper for the position.

My opponent clearly has more a reason than I do to be the GM, so it would clearly not be in the interest of the town if I were to vote for myself.

Also, I believe, of the nine (ten if CTC is staying, because his recent post here could be taken as a post stating he's leaving or staying.) I'm the only one who hasn't voted(or one of the only two if CTC is staying).
Love me right now! Done.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Leafolawl wrote:Well, seeing as I was one of the ones who was going for the position, if I were to vote, it's not really the same.
Me and Brent voted in the mod election. (to be fair, actually, I think he might've been the deciding vote for me...) You should vote too.
That's how groups work: you're part of the group, you get a say in the decision.

People need to understand that effective leadership structures don't work by one person saying "I'm the boss" and then everyone just goes along with it, it's done through coordination and consensus, through discussions and decisions made by the group as a whole. The leader is part of the group, even though they're a member who's been given some authority by the rest. You're a member of the group who has a stake in the outcome of these things, and you need to take responsibility for it by voting with everyone else. The worst thing you can do as a leader is separate yourself from the others so that you don't even vote with them: the best commanders dined and fought with their soldiers. (actually, Che Guevara taught them how to read, but that's a story for another time...)

Also, being a GM is just more work with no payout: there's nothing selfish about wanting the position.

-- edit --
Oh yeah, and CTC isn't dropping this one, so he's still here.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

OMG! Your characters are CHEATING on each other?! THAT'S AWESOME!
This is just like the time that Sid cheated on Sam with like, 3 other girls while on tour... And then... he was like, "But Sam baby, it gets lonely out there, and you know I'll always come back to you!"
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

My character is cheating on Rendak's with CT's. Since I've kinda left, I don't think this plot development can continue. That being said, Rendak's character could easily hold a grudge with CT's.

Also, Sly will more than likely be more like: "Sorry Puppy...the love just died..."
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

So then, we've settled the whole new GM thing? Because if this place is gonna get moving again we kinda have some other things to decide.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

seems like it's sorted. Feel free to start a whole new day, or plan out an idea for another plot.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I guess Wolven Paw is the GM by a small margin then. He needs to get in touch with me over PM sometime soon. Otherwise, go ahead and get your new day together.

Have fun.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hmmm, Perhaps we should finish the day first, and we'll work from there.
Pet Friendly:
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Excuse me for the double post but... Someone needs to start, I made the recent post and would like to see RG up and running again...
Thank you
Pet Friendly:
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

My fast is over, so I'm back!

What did I miss?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Everything. They blew up the whole planet, and now they live on an artificial replica of RG, floating through space.
That, and another day is beginning.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

I kinda would like to at least finish the day we are on first, but no one is posting
Pet Friendly:
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

That is because more or less all of us that are still here are in a group which involved Awesome, one of R0N's characters and just carrying on as if he no longer exists seems a little awkward...at least for me it does, guess I can't really speak for the others on that note. And while it's true we don't absolutely need to jump to a new day, I think at the very least doing a small time skip would be in order, so we can have the remaining members of the group elsewhere and just vaguely reference that Awesome needed to leave in the interim. That seems to me a better option then one of us just attempting to make an exit post for him...though again, that is just my view of it...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

He could be struck by a car.

Just sayin'.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Shiro you have a very valid point there...
So I guess as Rockstar suggests, time skip to the next day....

And really Diss, a car, meany :P

Anyways, Players, if you would be so kind, get your characters home and in bed, so we can end this day
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

By which, you mean, finish up what you're doing and then make your way home for the night... Not telepor into bed in a single post, 'cause that's just silly...
WolvenPaw15 wrote:So I guess as Rockstar suggests, time skip to the next day....
I did not suggest this. I told you how to do it. It was your idea.

Shiro> I suggest your group time-skip about 30 minutes to get out to a point where Awesome is no longer with them.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

HELLO RADIANT GARDENS!
After talking to a couple of people about your situation, here is what I've gathered:
- You have a clump of pets who are locked together in confusion and need to separate them.
- You don't know what to do.

Thsi is what I'm telling you you SHOULD DO:
- Suddenly timeskip to about an hour later, when the group has broken up and your characters are doing something else.

Any objections, or should WolvenPaw just go and do that right now?
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ok I am goind to make the time skip effective now, going to the next day
Pet Friendly: