PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ChewyChewy

Re: PF: Radiant Gardens OOC

Post by ChewyChewy »

So are we going to do the time-skip soon?

I think I'm going to have Vanilla apologize to Dr. Blanque (and possibly Monty) in the week before the time-skip, kind of start over on the right foot for the next arc.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I think that now is a good of a time as any.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:I think that now is a good of a time as any.
Sounds good to me! :D
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Sun May 23, 2010 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

bixlow

Post by bixlow »

ChewyChewy wrote:So are we going to do the time-skip soon?

I think I'm going to have Vanilla apologize to Dr. Blanque (and possibly Monty) in the week before the time-skip, kind of start over on the right foot for the next arc.
Just remember that Mr. Blanque wanted to see both Honey and Vanilla, even if Vanilla needs honey there, it would be good for Honey to have her own meeting with him.
Also for anyone who wants an appointment with Mr. Blanque over the time skip, IM me a summery of what your character would talk about and I will respond with Mr. Blanques' diagnosis.
... biscuit?...really?
Monty: S-7/P- 4/E-6/C-7/I-4/A-5/L-9/
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Just thought of something--since the cats in Housepets! have a book series called "Pridelands," what if there were a book series for dogs that related to the Balto movies?
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

That would be pretty cool. Hmm. What about 'Iditarod' for a title. You know, after the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:That would be pretty cool. Hmm. What about 'Iditarod' for a title. You know, after the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.
I imagine, though, that with anthro dogs, dogsledding might prove difficult....

Though it wouldn't hurt to have references to the Yukon and the Klondike, and prospecting, and Eskimos (or Inuit) and such.... A snowy environment could certainly have endless possibilities....
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

And just like Pridelands is similar to Lion King, but has a huge fantasy setting, Iditarod (Or whatever the title will be) would be similar to Balto, but have a huge fantasy setting.

If this turns into a RG arc, then it should be after the club arc. So both the new club and the book get equal attention.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:And just like Pridelands is similar to Lion King, but has a huge fantasy setting, Iditarod (Or whatever the title will be) would be similar to Balto, but have a huge fantasy setting.

If this turns into a RG arc, then it should be after the club arc. So both the new club and the book get equal attention.
Sure! :D

I don't know that there was much actual fantasy in Pridelands, was there? (All I remember is tribal warfare and such, no actual magic or supernatural, unless I'm forgetting something...? :oops: )

But either way, yes, fantasy in the Iditarod (or whatever it is) series would certainly be welcome. There could be snow monsters and such. Heck, maybe there could even be some Norse influence, like with the Frost Giants.... (I'm kind of a fan of Norse mythology....)

Of course there would also have to be heroes and villains--each can be of the dog or wolf variety.... And there could be polar bears and such....
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

EDIT: Now that I look back at the comics, there wasn't much magic in Pridelands, was there?

My ideas:
Main character is a wolf/dog hybrid named Apollo, but thinks he's full dog. He is a sled dog on a sled team. He finds out that he's actually part wolf early on in the book. Later finds out that he is the son of the late leader of a wolf pack. He falls in love with the daughter of the current alpha of that pack. He must make a long journey to deliver something important. Insert bears, a funny yet wise mentor, quirky side-kicks, evil villain, magic, conspiracies, more bears, true love conquering all, a bunch of fight scenes, and a few plot twists. Then at least 3 sequels.
Well, that's what I have.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:EDIT: Now that I look back at the comics, there wasn't much magic in Pridelands, was there?

My ideas:
Main character is a wolf/dog hybrid named Apollo, but thinks he's full dog. He is a sled dog on a sled team. He finds out that he's actually part wolf early on in the book. Later finds out that he is the son of the late leader of a wolf pack. He falls in love with the daughter of the current alpha of that pack. He must make a long journey to deliver something important. Insert bears, a funny yet wise mentor, quirky side-kicks, evil villain, magic, conspiracies, more bears, true love conquering all, a bunch of fight scenes, and a few plot twists. Then at least 3 sequels.
Well, that's what I have.
Obviously there could be plague involved (like in the actual Balto story)--and perhaps there could be something in the way of Greek mythological influence as well (which I also like), specifically the Oedipus cycle (I don't mean the adult type stuff like incest, but avoidance of prophecy and warfare within the family, and hubris, and such).
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Sun May 23, 2010 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Hmm...

I'm ready whenever for the time-skip thing. Also, this book/fantasy thing sounds like a good idea to me, but yeah, have it after the 'Club Arc' as it were.

I'm going to wake Beta up now. You can do the time skip after he's up.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

That'll also give us time to work on the concept so that it has a ring of truth by the time we bring it into the RPG.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm going to post the "One Week Later" post. Unless someone has an objection.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

HOLD IT.

Beta has no idea what has happened since he went to sleep. Should someone inform him?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I think he'll be fine. It's still the same day, and he could have found out during the course of the skip.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

*Ignoring double post*
44R0NM10, we were going to timeskip right now.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Okay, do it now. Timing seems perfect.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

oh in that case, post your time skip, I'll do a lil' editing!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Okay, give me a second. :mrgreen:
Zander

Post by Zander »

i leave one day, 2 pages of posts and a time skip. and i come back the next day and nobody is posting when im online :/
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I think I'm going to have to wait on Honey and Vanilla coming to the club. So far, other than Max (who they don't know that well), most of the people there are people they don't like, and no one is there that they DO like....
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

I think you guys are posting too fast again. For someone like me, who is technically banned from the internet but isn't having that rule enforced and rather busy, it's hard to get on as much as I used too. I think I posted right, but I don't know what just happened...
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Time skipping: Yur doin' it wong!

A time skip needs to be unanimously approved by ALL the players before it happens. Everyone needs to be ready and good to go before it happens...or someone's story could get left in the dust with loose ends.

And yes, you're posting too fast, AGAIN. Do I have to pester Argent to add a rule that says, "No more than 3 posts a day" or something? This is getting ridiculous.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

We're not posting THAT fast...Are we? Besides, 3 posts per day? Seriously?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

For once I'm falling victim to the "posting too fast" rule....

I can't bring in Honey and Vanilla yet because at this point they have almost no one to talk to, and it would end up exploding into another melodrama like we've had too many of before.... I don't want that to happen again, I want this to be enjoyable....
PF chars

--Phoenix

The Game

Post by The Game »

Dang, i forgot that thing...i think I only have about 4 today though, Anyway, that'll be my last post.
UNTIL TOMORROW! * disappears into a cape*
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I'll admit to being part of this posting too fast problem...and unfortuneatly I have got a question. If we are asked a question, then where does that leave us? I'd rather not make it less fun on the 'victums' but I wouldn't want to have the asker wait too long for an answer. Since there is no rules, as of yet, I would like to know how to do this.

Should I wait until tomorow to post an answer? Or should I post right now in order to not leave the asker out of the loop?

...and then Game said that... :roll: ...so yeah...I'll wait for tomorow...Game was the asker...

Also...I made 9 today...wow, I went overboard...

I think the above can be a yes or no answer. It's basically saying can we not do anything even inside a situation...
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Zack_the_husky wrote:We're not posting THAT fast...Are we?
Zander wrote:i leave one day, 2 pages of posts and a time skip.
Maybe.

And you do realize that many, many, many of the posts are literal trains of two players going back and forth with a conversation, maybe two or three lines a post. It's pretty time consuming to read through all of that, especially when you have, say, two sets of conversations going on. Besides, the number of posts you are allowed to post per day is absolute moot if you can fit it all into one, big, quality post. In RV, most of us only post once a day because that's all we need, due to the huge walls of text that we sling at each other.

Most specialty RP forums have a 5 line minimum rule, FYI.
44R0NM10 wrote:I'll admit to being part of this posting too fast problem...and unfortunately I have got a question. If we are asked a question, then where does that leave us? I'd rather not make it less fun on the 'victims' but I wouldn't want to have the asker wait too long for an answer. Since there is no rules, as of yet, I would like to know how to do this.

Should I wait until tomorrow to post an answer? Or should I post right now in order to not leave the asker out of the loop?

...and then Game said that... :roll: ...so yeah...I'll wait for tomorrow...Game was the asker...
Uh...if you're asked a question, then answer it? Then wait for a response.

What we do in RV is we have our character take an action, then wait for every pet in the vicinity to react to said action before posting a new action. It isn't uncommon for a character to be holding down a group conversation, responding to three or more comments or questions in a single post, and then taking physical actions (i.e. he/she did this, jumped here, built that etc.).

'Course, not EVERYBODY is going to be on at all times. Waiting is just some simple consideration...not leaving people out of the loop is just as simple as not going through a posting frenzy.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Thanks for the answer Buck...I think. Eigher way, I understand what you're saying about the conversation thing. I, somewhat, understand the way RV works. I don't know how to work out how you would do that. What you appear to be saying is: post in the middle of loads of others and then wait for them all to reply and then reply for your character/presonna...then you rinse and repeat, correct?

I realise saying no offence still makes it offensive but, that sounds quite very confusing...and I doubt I have the mental power to adapt to that quickly and effieciently. While the way you work sounds highly efficient, I simply don't know if it'll take the simplicity I feel at the moment out of it...one of my fav quotes from any video game is:

"Simplicity is the best weapon" - Runescape

The above is too much infomation...so simply read the last paragraph if you don't care to how I came to that conclusion!

My last views...that is too amazing...I've looked at P. 74 and only the first couple of posts and it feels too good...I can't help but see how much better it'll be... It feels like P.E.E.L. (do you people in the US have that? Basically, it is to look at a piece of text and then read between the lines. You can see the meaning behind it and even understand highly difficult text, and I think I can use it rather well). Somehow, I feel as if I wasn't supporting you...and perhaps even arguing with you, but now I'm thinking otherwise.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I definitely understand about making long, good-quality posts. Heck, I prefer longer posts to shorter posts anyway because with shorter posts it's almost like, "Why bother?"

And maybe for a conversation the players in question could PM each other back and forth and then make a single long post of the PM conversation...?
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

(Yeah, I didn't want to say anything because I though I had been posting too much here for today...but I've gotta say this.)

I agree with you, Chewy. It feels like a great idea, even if it requires a small amount more work.
I'm quite sure I've caused most of (if not all) of the quick posting trouble today. In other words, it's my fault altogeather. I accept this, and I hope to help try to do something to fix my mistake. I feel rather ashamed of myself to have not noticed that it was getting out of hand sooner.

Trust your common sense, and if eavryone (not almost eavryone but eavryone) likes Chewy's idea we should use it right? This isn't my right nor should it be, yet I still feel a need to post about this.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Wait, whoops I actually had 6 posts today.

So from now on the post limit is 3-4 a person right?? Speak now or forever hold you peace....
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

The Game wrote:Wait, whoops I actually had 6 posts today.

So from now on the post limit is 3-4 a person right?? Speak now or forever hold you peace....
Only if we do what I suggested above, so as to make the most of the posts we have allotted to us.

Otherwise, three to four may not be anywhere near enough to have fun....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Do we REALLY need a post limit?
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

It's not a hard and fast rule that I was creating (I can't do that anymore anyway) I was just saying that we've had to tell RG to slow down so many times that we may as well make it a rule.

I thought we had agreed earlier that the post limit was going to be 5, or something, but it seems that this wasn't stuck to. Whatever might happen, it's just best if you all slow down a bit. Putting a post limit rule, as has been said, could be limiting. I will also admit that RV's way isn't the perfect way...as a result of one post a day, we move fairly slowly. (We've been going for over a year now.) In addition, I can understand that not everyone can adapt to that new style. It's a hard balance of keeping the RP going, but at the same time, being considerate of others.

For now, just keep in mind how much you're posting...if you're in a conversation, that means you've generated however many posts you've made, x2, due to the other person responding.

At Zack: Don't make me say, "yes." Do you not remember that Jack dropped the RP because he asked you all to slow down, but didn't?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I'm doing nothing about the rampant posting, nor do I know what to do. Therefore, I think I should step down as neighborhood watch.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Hey, just cause you can't solve a couple of problems doesn't mean you should step down.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I know, but I always feel so guilty when that happens.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

ctcmjh wrote:I'm doing nothing about the rampant posting, nor do I know what to do. Therefore, I think I should step down as neighborhood watch.
Neighborhood watch is mainly supposed to alert us when we're not around, so that WE can deal with it, and to contribute ideas and feedback on rules and such. You can leave the GM'ing to the main staff! No worries. Just do your best to keep things organized.

It's not like I learned to help run this thing overnight...and nobody else can either. Now, if you need some help with this, I can guide you a bit; just PM me. (Shoulda asked you to do that in the first place >_<) I think we'd prefer if you didn't step down. You've got a good head!