Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Re: Non HPU:Chival Res OOC

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Just came by to say, my applause to you for managing such a cool little side project, thingy. 'Tis an inspiration for character relations and backstories.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

thank you ^^
69eist

Post by 69eist »

In two days, we will be implementing the dice system. Also, stay tuned for your first mission.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Serence Frostbite wrote:thank you ^^
Actually, Serence's backstory side project stuff was the reason I tried to do the same thing. It doesn't work as well for me, though.
But after reading the backstory for her character, I have an idea for a villain. I'll work out the details later.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Yay! More foxes!
My tree now has a café in it. Yay?
Hlaoroo wrote:In Soviet Russia, TreeInAHound!

RP Character(s)
Albert Grant, Sunset Plateau
Larkin Dewolfe, Chivalry Residences
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Attention Players

I have a few announcements.

1. Please welcome our second Co GM, Serence Frostbite. (Applauds)
She will be taking the same responsibilities me and Iron Panda share.

2. Here is the how the Chance system will function in the RP:

When you want to decide to do something, you need to message either one of us GMs to determine the success.
If the action is easy enough, there is no need for a dice roll.

All GMs will roll to determine your success. Once we roll, we will lay out the results in the choices 1 2 3.
You get to choose one of these to determine the outcome of your action.

3. The first arc has been laid out and the Iron Panda's first post has been re edited.

If there are any questions, just post or pm.
Last edited by 69eist on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

69eist wrote:Attention Players

I have a few announcements.

1. Please welcome our second Co GM, Serence Frostbite. (Applauds)
She will be taking the same responsibilities me and Iron Panda share.

2. Here is the how the Chance system will function in the RP:

When you want to decide to do something, you need to message either one of us GMs to determine the success.
All GMs will roll to determine your success. Once we have rolled, you get to pick the result of one of the GMs.
It's like whats behind door number 1, 2 or 3. For those who are familiar with DnD (Dungeons and Dragons),
the same rules apply to this RP.

3. The first arc has been laid out and the Iron Panda's first post has been re edited.

If there are any questions, just post or pm.
That chance system sounds kind of complicated, but I like it ^^
I did the same thing for a side project I'm working on
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

First post? I checked the one here and I checked the one for the RP. Neither seem overly different. Which post?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

So, it's less pen and paper rules, and more 80s game show rules...

well, that's... new.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Deske wrote:First post? I checked the one here and I checked the one for the RP. Neither seem overly different. Which post?
I asked Iron Panda to change the post a bit to add to the title. Every Arc from this point is supposed to contain an episode number and title.
My Personas

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Buster wrote:So, it's less pen and paper rules, and more 80s game show rules...

well, that's... new.
Yes it does come out like that.
But I am sure 69 wont have us rolling for each action and choosing like that. Right now we are mostly just giving this all a trial run to see what works, so we can always tweak things around to.

Also if anyone was wondering, CrimTech was just randomly made up based off my steam username. There isn't an ingame story for it yet.
But my characters hero name is the "Crimson Panda" so... there is that.
as well... I might be making a timeline and posting it here, I think I am getting confused on when everything happened with whos character. but I am not certain and I need to talk it out with some people
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:

well, that's... new.
But I am sure 69 wont have us rolling for each action and choosing like that. Right now we are mostly just giving this all a trial run to see what works, so we can always tweak things around to.
Hmm, given what's just happening between Yves and Strike... We are going to need to work out how we let others know of our rolls, specially if we don't want them to know of them, like now it's just a test... But when we start introducing villains how are we suppose to know if we fail or not with as fast as a reaction time people post in character...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

Civilization wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:

well, that's... new.
Hmm, given what's just happening between Yves and Strike... We are going to need to work out how we let others know of our rolls, specially if we don't want them to know of them, like now it's just a test... But when we start introducing villains how are we suppose to know if we fail or not with as fast as a reaction time people post in character...
Here's how it works in a combat scenario. Instead of picking one of the three results laid out before you, you pick which result belongs to you and which result belongs to the villain. The higher result wins compared to a minimum result required for non combat scenarios.
My Personas

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

allow me to make it more clear , before the roll , you choose one of the GMs to roll for you , then that GM will roll for you and the other one will roll for the villain , whoever come out higher wins
Deske

Post by Deske »

Mayor Bingo's manner of speaking makes him feel like a villain to me. Also "Calling us all in," I'm pretty sure he's a mafia Don. :P
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

sorry Deske , you've known too much , the mayor would like a word with you now 8-)
*drag Deske away* :twisted:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Looks like the mayor is getting a new PC deske... *brick'd*

future villain conformed :P

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Oh if you all only knew just how deep the conspiracy runs. You all will soon understand though. Very soon.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I've always been good at making these predictions, but sometimes they get me into trouble. *is dragged away and probably locked up*

Is this the part where we all start alluding through various references overused, what our powers are?
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:Oh if you all only knew just how deep the conspiracy runs. You all will soon understand though. Very soon.
Well, as long as it's not, Ooo, a bunch of low villains working for a big scary villain... Or even worse those, the people that were thought to be good (Like the mayor, maybe working for that CrimTech, which is also secretly evil but comes off as good) are evil and the villains that were being fought were really the good guys... That would make us all terrible heroes...
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Civilization wrote:
Iron Panda wrote:Oh if you all only knew just how deep the conspiracy runs. You all will soon understand though. Very soon.
Well, as long as it's not, Ooo, a bunch of low villains working for a big scary villain... Or even worse those, the people that were thought to be good (Like the mayor, maybe working for that CrimTech, which is also secretly evil but comes off as good) are evil and the villains that were being fought were really the good guys... That would make us all terrible heroes...
Then I'd feel like we were ripping of Winter Soldier. Still better then being cold called. Although, that would make for an interesting villain; The Cold Caller!

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Civilization wrote:
No, trust me crimtech is all good. The owner is good and Dorian is the co owner technically as well.
Besides, where do you heroes think your base of operations will be hosted and supported by?
RP Characters:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Crim(e)tech 8-)
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:
Civilization wrote:
No, trust me crimtech is all good. The owner is good and Dorian is the co owner technically as well.
Besides, where do you heroes think your base of operations will be hosted and supported by?
They could be trying to look good...
Serence Frostbite wrote:Crim(e)tech 8-)
Great, just... Just great...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so is Crimtech salaried hourly or contract? :P
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Hey, in case you're waiting for me, I already replied ^^
Deske

Post by Deske »

I thought it was short for Criminal Technology.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Buster wrote:so is Crimtech salaried hourly or contract? :P
contract? as in?
probably hourly
Deske wrote:
I thought it was short for Criminal Technology.
It stands for 'Crimson Technologies' and its a personal/slightly in joke between a friend of mine. He calls me Crim thanks to my steam name being "Crimson" so I took the name and added tech at the end because I needed a corporation for my heroes to work out of.

Of course it is a BIG company so there are going to be those that are stupid and evil enough to try and use the technology available to them to be bad and use it for bad things. But I reaaaallllyyy don't want to make posts about corporate espionage and politics. So Edward will be handling that stuff in the background and some of it will leak out into the RP from time to time.
RP Characters:
69eist

Post by 69eist »

You know, the Mayor does appeal to some contracts with some freelancers... Wanna start talking digits? :twisted:
My Personas

HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

69eist wrote:
You know, the Mayor does appeal to some contracts with some freelancers... Wanna start talking digits? :twisted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf7uJDhVZIE

I get the felling that this will feel very much like a Marvel based RP.

RP Character(s)
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Well hound, we DO have a hero that has a suit of armor that he is using to fly around in, has a company that he can get almost unlimited money from, has an artificial intelligence helping, and I also hinted at one of his villains being a robotic dragon (which, iron man had an alien shape shifting dragon enemy named fin fang foom or something like that.)
There are also various connections to my other rp characters and other rp's inside a few of my posts. kind of like marvels movies do.
RP Characters:
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Keep this up and I'll be calling you Marvel Panda. :3

RP Character(s)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

two of the others, in my oppinion, are looking a lot like daredevil and movie blackwiddow as well...
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Gee, I wonder who daredevil could be <3<
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Well, Chris's abilities aren't based around any Marvel heroes, but I definitely went for Spider-Man for the personality.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

There is probably a Marvel equivalent of Sirius, somewhere, but not a big one.
HoundInATree

Post by HoundInATree »

Larkin is, lets see... nope. :P

RP Character(s)
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

I don't know if Sky and Blithe fall into anything. Maybe Sky. But Blithe? Nah.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Sorry for not posting much. been kind of sick or dealing with work.
But a little later I will be making some posts, and also going to update where the villains are located. so keep your eyes out. because they might just be attacking soon (which with our pace means late October but oh well..)
RP Characters:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Iron Panda wrote:Thomas was out of his league with the other two villains in the bus, but he couldn't really say no to a team up and a heist of one of the biggest tech companies ever. Mostly he would just try to ruin big restaurant chains.
... I hate him already.