Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan IC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Kalvin

Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan IC

Post by Kalvin »

The sun raised on the town of Kessler, glinting off of the giant crystal in the center of town while sparkling gently. People began to awaken in their own homes, a few people walking around town to do small chores, fetching water, feeding animals, and a few people talking to their neighbors. A few birds sing and the soft rushing of the nearby river both gently waking up the sun as it peeks over the horizon on the day that the Crystal Caravan prepares to leave.

Rakala woke up earliest of his own family, going out to feed the livestock as is his morning chore, but this morning this was his only chore. After setting them up with feed he enters his home and goes into his room, packing up his travelling goods and pulling his armor together and pulling his shirt on over it and attaching his two axes to his belt. Tying his headband and looking around his room, seeing several items from his childhood bringing happy memories to mind.

Smiling slightly he steps out of the door to see his family standing there. Words are said of good byes, his younger sisters crying that he’s leaving, his older brother wishing him luck and his older sister giving him a striped apple, his favorite food. As he looks around his father comes from the side of the house bringing Jian, the papaopamus, with him as a gift to the caravan. He hugs his mother who gives him a gift of a journal to keep while on the road. He steps away and says a goodbye to everyone and a wave as he leaves.

Many of the fathers in the village have come to help set up the caravan loading supplies. As Rakala leads Jian up to the front he sighs as he realizes he won’t be coming back for a long time. The caravan is normally gone for up to 10 months, only having 2 back at home. He begins to help loading up the caravan with supplies for the journey, water, food, bed rolls, and other miscellaneous objects to help with the journey.

(I may not have spoken for this post, but I thought this most appropriate to set up the scene which is the primary point of this post. I feel silly having to talk to myself so I kept it in a cinematic format from a distance, while not hearing the speech. If somebody walks up to Rakala and talks to him he will respond, don’t feel stingy just because of this first post.)

(Edit: ctcmjh had the great idea of posting a characters weapon appearance, so in response here is Rakala's battle axes. http://images.elfwood.com/art/t/e/tennis/dwarfaxe.jpg )
Last edited by Kalvin on Mon May 24, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly
Balbaroy: S-8 P-3 E-6 C-10 I-2 A-7 L-5
Lucky: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-5 I-6 A-5 L-10
Kessler Caravan
Rakala: S-8 P-5 E-6 C-3 I-5 A-7 L-5
Oasis Towers
Cap: S-3 P-10 E-3 C-2 I-10 A-4 L-10
Dylan
Box Fox

Re: Crystal Chronicles: The Kessler Caravan IC

Post by Dylan »

Elian was fast asleep when the sun rays penetrated the holes in his helmet, waking him him up. He stretched as he got himself out of bed and looking outside to see the sunrise. "This is the day..." Saying to himself as his excitement started to build. "This is the day!" He ran towards the center of his room and grabbed a bag of his belongings which contained a few scroll and books that contained his spare clothes. Hoisting it on his back while he headed toward the front door when a voice started calling him. "Elian are your leaving already?" He froze for a bit spinning around to see his older sister crossing her arms. "I don't want to be late for when the caravan leaves you know..." saying with a while he thought about making a run for it, just for the sake of running. "You haven't eaten yet..." her arms still crossed. They both stared at each other while Elian scratched his head, "Got to run!" He dashes out the door so that he could put some distance between him and Rimea.
Make Pasta not war.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Ellysia woke up to the morning light. She stretched as she got out of bed. She gathered her belongings, and got dressed in her dress. She grabbed her messenger bag, and began to place some items and important keepsakes in it. She grabbed some small portraits of her family, her sketchbook and some pens, a sewing kit, first aid kit, some potions, and her ocarina. The ocarina was attached to a necklace, and she wore it around her neck. She placed the rest of the stuff into her bag. She started playing her ocarina. After playing for a bit, Kayle walked in, "Hey Elly, we gotta get going soon." He said as he walked to the living room, where their parents were waiting. "I'm coming!" Ellysia called as she followed her brother to their parents. Their smiled at them, "I can't believe you both are leaving home so soon. I just wish you both the best of luck. Kayle, protect your sister, she's the only one you have." He told Kayle. Their mother handed Ellysia a basket, "Here, it's some bread for your trip." Their mother looked at them, "Go on now, you've both been waiting a while for this day." She said as Kayle, Ellysia and their father walked out the door, "I sharpened your halberd and polished up your staff." He told them, "And Kayle, bring this box with you. It has some fur clothes for you two, just in case it gets cold." Their father said, handing them their weapons and the box. Kayle placed his and Ellysia's packs into the box as well. Kayle's halberd was strapped to his back, and Ellysia held her staff. They saw Elian running, not that far ahead. Kayle waved to him, "Hey, Elian!"

(Ellysia's Staff)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Mel Dook!"
A slender Selkie was at Kessler's river, leaning against a towering tree, trying to enjoy one of his last moments of solitude...
"Mel Dook!"
Though it was difficult as his name was repeatedly being called.
"Mel Dook!" He felt a tug on his clothing. He forced a smirk and opened his eyes.
"Hello sister. What brings you here? The Crystal Caravan leaves today; I would have thought that everyone swarmed over to the center of the village to send off the caravan."
"You should be there too, brother, and you know it!" Mel Dook reached down and rubbed his kid sister's hair. "I know, sister. But it will be a year before I can be at peace, here, under the tree again." He shifted his weight off the tree, and bent down to pick up his bow. He quickly fastened it to his back, and all the while, a quiver of arrows swung from his left hip.
"Besides," she said as she tugged on the lower part of Mel Dook's shirt, "You forgot something." She held up a small sword.
"I left that on purpose. I won't be needing it. The others can fight far better than I in hand to hand, and it would be folly to weigh myself down..."
"Mother and Father gave it to you as a parting gift. Brother, you must take it!"
Mel Dook sighed and accepted the sword from his sister. As his throwing knives were already strapped to his right side, He would have to strap the sheath to his back, under the bow, while riding in the caravan.
"Now com'on! All the others are loading the caravan! Mother and Father too!" She grabbed Mel Dook's hand and pulled him along the trail. As they ran, Mel Dook smiled and savored this as well. It would be a long time 'till he saw his sister again.
Mel Dook walked up to the rest of the caravan, nodding hello to Rakala, Ellysia, Kayle, and an ever so slightly out of breath Elian. Mel Dook's father, among others, were loading the caravan with supplies.
"Ah, Mel Dook! I see your sister found you. Now, remember...keep track of the supplies. When journeying, running out of food or water, or axles or wheels for the caravan in the miasma is not an option. You're the merchant here; be sure to keep track of it all."
"Yes, father."
"Be sure to do an inventory at least once every three days, once a week at minimum."
"Yes, father."
"And you have your sword? Be properly equipped, and be sure that everyone has enough weapon power to-"
"Father, I get it!" Mel Dook interrupted, slightly annoyed. His father smiled.
"Just make sure you have everything you need before leaving a town or city, that's all. Now come. There's still more to be loaded..."
"Of course."

Mel Dook assisted the others loading the caravan, waiting for the other caravaners to show up.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

As the sunlight shone into the window, Steiner woke up, full of excitement as today is the day. The day that he leaves Kessler in search of the purifying agent for the crystals.

After putting on his equipment, he rushes out of his room filled with excitement and confidence.

"Good morning granpa, pa, ma. Today's the day I leave. I'll see you all when I get back." he said with a grin on his face.
"Remember to keep your lance sharp, Billy."
"Granpa, for the last time, I'm not Billy and yes, I'll keep them sharp."
"Huh...what's that Billy? You keep your weapon sharp by maintaining it everyday."
"..... uh..thanks for the tip grandpa. Anyways, I gonna go. Goodbye granpa, pa, ma."
"Take care of yourself while you're in the caravan." said Steiner's mom as she watched her son rushing out of the house like that.
"I will ma."replied Steiner as he grabbed his breakfast, a loaf of bread, and supplies that was packed the night earlier, exiting his house and greeted by the morning sun.

"Hey! How's it going fellas?"
With that greeting he placed his supplies onto the caravan.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

The early morning sun shone through the window, lighting up the small room that belonged to Aiden. He stirred on the bed, the bright light waking him up. He yawned and sat up before getting out of bed. He quickly dressed and headed out, intent on making it to the caravan as quickly as possible, in order to help get things loaded, but was confronted by his family, who insisted that he have a large breakfast. Many goodbyes later, he collected his weapons and headed for the caravan.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
Cthonion

Post by Cthonion »

Symphoros shouldered a heavy pack, full of ink, a couple empty books, and his book on magickal notes. He stepped out of his room, looking out from the top floor of the three story library, the books upon books holed up while ladders ascended up to the roofs of the corresponding floors they were on. He walked down the walkway and spied his parents carefully reconstructing a dusty fragile tome, rewriting and re-illustrating everything into a newer book. They had been absorbed in this for weeks, and doubted they were going to pull themselves away from it now. They probably didn't even know what day it was, and Symphoros understood the love of books and maintaining these tomes, having grew up around them and their maintenance all of his life. He repositioned his pack, smiled at them and headed through the next door, ambling down the spiral staircase, and out the front door, stopping to look at the crystal in the center of the village, he stared at the ground as he walked to the caravan, thinking of his duties to the village and his family while he dreaded being away from his beloved books for so long.
"You should join the military :3 That way instead of bombing military bases you can log them"
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

(Cthonion, I'm going to assume you make it to the caravan.)

Rakala stands in the driving seat upright and looks around. "Okay, looks like everyone is here. I hope we all get along so let's get going." He steps down and looks around leading Jian down the road. "Let's not ride on the caravan, save Jian... er the papaopamus the effort of carrying us as well as our supplies, we'll be able to travel longer each day." Though Rakala is a Lilty he has no trouble keeping up with the taller members of the group.
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

In the Town a Unitar: Sethar, a Fine Looking boy, was watering when he forgot that Kessler's Caravan has aready left. "Mom, I gotta get to Kessler's Caravan! "Okay, but don't forget the Gifts I gave you." His Mother saids to him. "I won't." He grabbed the Gifts and ran to catch up to the Caravan.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno woke up late and rushed to get dressed then quickly grabbed his side pouch his parents had packed for him and his Sword "Crap I'm sooo late I hope Elyissa doesn't get mad, She hates when I'm late!" he said after he chugged a bottle of milk and ran out the door "Bye Mom!" he called and continued to run. After a few minutes of running he caught up with the group "Sorry I'm late" he said and nervously scratched the back of his head
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

He ran so fast, he nearly hit the back of the Caravan. "Here.." He fell to the Ground.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

After the two late members showed up, the caravan travelled on for awhile without much talking. Finally hoping to break the ice Rakala clears his throat and looks around. "So what is everybody going to do when we get back to Kessler?"
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"I haven't really thought about it...." Reno said "Do you think the miasma will ever go away?" he asked
Pet Friendly:
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

"One day maybe." Kayle said nonchalantly as he walked with the group. He smiled as he watched the clouds go by, "And when we come back home, I'll probably just visit my folks and go fishing." Kayle said. Ellysia walked a little behind Kayle but she was trying not to 'follow' him. She looked at Rakala, "I'll just be glad to see my family after all that time." She said cheerfully. She was still nervous, being the only girl in the caravan, but she knew everyone there so it was a little less unnerving.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno twisted the ring on his finger "Where are we going first?" he asked and looked on the map "According to this we're headed towards Kenpoko, the town of the wind... Are we going to stop there or are we going to get our first drop of Myrh?" he asked folding the map and putting it back in the cart
Pet Friendly:
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

"Either way, it's at the very least a week or two of travel. And as for myself, I'm looking forward to not being trapped in a such a claustrophobic bubble." He looked at the edge of the chalice's field...the semi clear gas of death swirling and fighting the power of the crystal as it was pushed aside. "Perhaps, perhaps one day the miasma will clear. After all, my parents told me there was a time when miasma never existed...it just appeared. Things that just appear have just as much chance to just disappear."
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

"The Miasma might disappear or it might not. After all, The Miasma is just one big mystery." Sethar got up from the ground.

EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

Kalvin wrote:After the two late members showed up, the caravan travelled on for awhile without much talking. Finally hoping to break the ice Rakala clears his throat and looks around. "So what is everybody going to do when we get back to Kessler?"
"Well I know what I wanna do and that is to make myself a nice collection of every creature that we may come across as hostile." Steiner said while grinning. "I personally think that this Miasma will never disappear. Either way, I'll make the most of it seeing that it's always around us."

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

There are people who think the miasma is a good thing..." Reno said not knowing he was about to step outside the barrier "Those peopl are wrong!" he growled slightly and stepped outside "Gah!" he gagged and jumped back into the barrier
Pet Friendly:
Kalvin

Post by Kalvin »

Rakala jumped up as he noticed Reno step out of the barrier of the chalice. "Hey! Are you okay?" He looks back to the caravan and motions for the papaopamus to stop. He shouts to anybody who will "Somebody get him some water! We don't what him passing out!" He is panicking a little, but there are stories of people who only took one breath of miasma and still died.

(For this, let's increase the chalice's size for the sake of not being crowded all the time. Let's say... 30 feet in all directions?)
Pet Friendly
Kessler Caravan
Oasis Towers
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Sethar immediately took out water from his Inventory, and gave it to Reno.

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Kalvin wrote:Rakala jumped up as he noticed Reno step out of the barrier of the chalice. "Hey! Are you okay?" He looks back to the caravan and motions for the papaopamus to stop. He shouts to anybody who will "Somebody get him some water! We don't what him passing out!" He is panicking a little, but there are stories of people who only took one breath of miasma and still died.

(For this, let's increase the chalice's size for the sake of not being crowded all the time. Let's say... 30 feet in all directions?)
(Agreed)
"Calm down! We don't need anyone panicking over a little thing. Miasma rarely asphyxiates with a single breath...only the sick and the elderly have to worry about such a thing...myself, I have heard stories of caravaners that can withstand over five minutes of straight miasma exposure. Perhaps we'll be able to do the same, with the proper time and training. Though I do have my doubts about how healthy it would be to do such a thing.

...Here, Reno, lean on me for the time being. Miasma exposure certainly drains your energy...
"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Th-thanks...." Reno nodded and did such "I need to pay more attention to what I'm doing" he shook his head "I can't go hurtin' myself this early on, now can I?" he smiled "I'm not going to do that again though thats for sure!" he laughed
Pet Friendly: