SRP - STEELHAVEN

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Legotron123

Re: SRP - STEELHAVEN

Post by Legotron123 »

As I said before, now you check out your rooms, get used to them a little, and drop your stuff off there before we continue the tour. Lewis said in a slightly irritated tone. He hated having to repeat himself.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright, Blitz, go put your stuff up! Dr. Rain instructed. Blitz froze stiff, slowly closed his eyes, turned around, and knocked his own head into the wall.
You didn't pack. *sigh* oh well. Normally ships have extra sleeping assortments and you can just walk around naked when you don't want to be in uniform! Dr. Rain beamed. Blitz slammed his head into the wall again.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado slipped into his room and chose the bed against the far wall. He dropped what little he had brought onto the bed and began unpacking, sliding a few lab coats into a drawer and sliding it shut. The last item he took out was a picture of him and a German Shepherd as pups, smiling towards the camera despite being caked in mud. Colorado looks at the picture, his eyes filling with sadness. "I'm sorry..." He whispers before setting the picture down on the bedside table. He wiped a hand down his muzzle, walking back out the door and waiting for the others to get settled. "Well that was easy. Good thing I didn't have to pack much!" He grins again and leans up against the wall, taking in the layout of the area.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh followed Colorado into the room. The room was spacious enough, and brightly lit too.
Well, the walls may be a little dusty, but there's nothing a good cleaning can't fix she thought.
She took the bed closest to the door and gently set her pack down upon it. She didn't bring much, mostly clothing, some expensive tools and weaponry. As she unpacked, she noticed Colorado pull out a photo and look at it. His face seemed pained; was that a sense of loss she saw? Ashleigh found herself feeling sympathetic for the lieutenant, she knew the feeling loss too well. Should she ask him about the photo? Nah, that would seem intrusive. Maybe some other time. She made a mental note of the situation and returned to emptying her pack. Ash gave Colorado a fleeting glance as he left the room, then stood up and followed.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Alright, Blitz, here are my things. Pick a t-shirt for recreation and set up my bed. Dr. Rain said. He tossed his bag that seemingly appeared out of nowhere to Blitz. Blitz went to their room and found the interior was like a bedroom. 2 beds and a couple desks for work, each with touch screen desks with interstellar online capabilities. Dr. Rain had gotten Blitz his own computer. Blitz's bed was still empty, though, and he had no clothes. He opened Dr. Rain's bag and found his mad scientist labcoats and t-shirts and shorts. Blitz chose a black t-shirt and some brown shorts.
One t-shirt. No shorts. Those are mine. Dr. Rain said. Blitz groaned and put them back.
Thank you for the computer, Dr. Rain... Blitz said. Dr. Rain nodded and left the room.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

After listening wordlessly to the captain's speech and following the lieutenant, Dan was eager to see his new quarters. as soon as he was told the number, he slipped past everyone and entered it. It was quite the spacious room, compared to their habitation container on the edge of the dock. He chose the bed nearest the window, and put his bags beside it before jumping onto it. it was much softer than he anticipated, as he sank into the softness.

"Hmm.. Pretty nice.." Earnest said as he entered the room, looking around.

Dan lifts his head up and leans onto his side. "This place is great, dad! lots of space.. Look! We even have wardrobes!" He says, noticing the sliding panel doors in the wall opposite the beds.

Earnest smiles and looks around again. "Well, we best get used to it. It'll be our home for a long time.."

"Really!? Awesome!" Dan says, jumping off the bed.

"Just remember what we're here to do.." Earnest says, putting his bags on the other bed. "Come on, I bet the lieutenant is ready to show us our workspace.."

"Alright! Maintenance bay, here we come!" Dan said as he followed his dad out the room, punching the air.

They exit back into the hallway and wait.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Lots of positivity here, Lieutenant Walker, Corp muttered quietly to Lewis. "Reckon that'll last?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado sat there, leaning against the wall, the images of the accident flowing through his mind. It was almost like a flipbook. He sat there dreading the end of it though, knowing exactly how it would pan out and how it would end. When the final shot showed up he winced, his smile faltering, his ears twitching back in a hint of sadness. He tried not to show it, but it hurt. He knew it'd return that night. He remembered what his friends wish was, to explore space. He thought back to the photo and knew it'd have to be tonight. If his friend couldn't physically explore space, at least his memory could. Colorado made a mental note to ask where the air lock was.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Barry was quietly watching as the tour went on, and once told to settle in he went into room 285. Seeing Colorado and Ashleigh he decided to great them Oh, hello, you must be my new roommates. I am Barry Stephens, one of the newer security members.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh raised her head as Barry approached her and Colorado. "Salutations, junior lieutenant Stephens!" she said with a small smile. "We were just talking about you a little while ago, hope you don't mind. Perhaps you could tell us a little more about yourself! But I suppose that could wait, it's certainly been a stressful day for all of us. Why don't you go settle down for a while?" she asked politely, as she gestured towards the bed in the centre of the room.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Oh, for... One moment, Lieutenant." Guessing as to what was going on inside the room, Corp chose to break it up a little. He opened the door and decided not to bark at them. "I hate to interrupt, people, but the Lieutenant has better things to do than wait here all eternity. Bonding is appreciated but he does have to show you the rest of the ship so if you could reassemble?" He kept his hands behind his back as he spoke and opened and closed them into fists.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Ahh yes Chief! We were just conversing with your new...recruit? Anyways! I think he's right, we can't keep them waiting all day!" Colorado says, slowly walking over to the door and sliding it open for everyone else
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Of course Corp, My apologies. Barry said, he wanted to try and excuse his behavior but since he had not yet had a chance to talk with Corp, He decided against it. "Oh, before I forget, Corp. Shall I meet you at the security office after the tour?" He asked, knowing he needed to still check with him on his assignment.
RP Characters:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Of course, Lieutenant Stephens." Corp replied, still opening and squeezing his hands behind his back. "And it's Chief, not Corp. Easy mistake to make... the once."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz and Dr. Rain now stood in the hallway again, waiting for everyone.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Lewis nodded as the groups came out of their rooms. Speaking of which, some of you will spend a lot of time bonding in our next stop. He said with a little smile in the corner of his mouth.

---another short walk later---

Here we are. The medbay! The sliding door opened to reveal a room full of every medics wish list. Healing nanobots, full body medical scanners, and machines that could create entire limbs from scratch.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado stood where he was, speechless, his mouth open like the beginning of a gasp. Silently he closes his mouth and walks inside slowly, incredibly overwhelmed at the area. "I...I haven't seen these machines outside of the medical school I went to. Oooh!" He shouts turning his attention to a large machine labeled 'ProteosX' "This one creates limbs from the surrounding air particles. Converting them into the necessary structures! I have to try it! I don't assume anyone here will let me cut a limb off so, I'll just have to try it on myself." He looked up at the group "You all can leave unless one of you wants to be my...er, test subject." He says with a slight chuckle
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I've been thinking about cutting off the lower half of my test subject's bodies. It'll help with fast speeds and such when their piloting.
Oh, okay... sounds interesting... Blitz replied, trying not to show his dislike of the idea.
Subject number 3, I am not going to cut your legs off. I don't have the approval of the board to do that.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Barry Chuckled at Colorado's suggestion. "Hmm, should I sleep with one eye open tonight?"
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado mustered up the most deranged, unhinged smile he could and stared at Barry "I don't know, Lieutenant Stephens, you have *sharp inhale* wonderful limbs..." He chuckles to himself before spinning on his heels "Oh and Doctor Rain, due to the fact that my medical bay is not rooted to the ground, I have the majority of the licenses needed to remove limbs. Mainly due to the fact that they can be attached later if whatever the reason for removal is still there, like poison. However, if you'd like a demonstration, feel free to hop up on the table behind me." He procures a scalpel from one of the drawers and brandishes it in front of the doctor.
Jacey

Post by Jacey »

Maybe we should move on, before someone regrets loosing any limbs or removing said limb. Said Bary as he kept his back away from Colorado.
RP Characters:
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Oh please, I'd never remove something from an unwilling person uless it was necessary. I can assure you I am completely certified to use all of this. Now, onwards to wherever else we are going! I'm taking this with me..." He adds with a sheepish chuckle, rummaging in a drawer and finding a high power pen laser
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Deske wrote:"Oh please, I'd never remove something from an unwilling person uless it was necessary. I can assure you I am completely certified to use all of this. Now, onwards to wherever else we are going! I'm taking this with me..." He adds with a sheepish chuckle, rummaging in a drawer and finding a high power pen laser
Doctor Rain had jumped on the table and rolled up his pant leg, ready to be amputated.
Oh, but we were just about to start having fun!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Generally," Corp grumbled after watching them 'play' for a moment, "the Captains' permission is needed for non emergency amputations." He looked up. "It prevents 'whims' that can result in financial compensation although it is appreciated that you know how to use this stuff. Fleet knows I've had to be thankful for it on times."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado looked over at the security chief then back to Doctor Rain, "I don't think Dr. Rain here would mind too much..." He trails off realizing it is lost "Alright Doctor, hop down, we will have to do it another time. Maybe at the end of the tour." He says with a sigh
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp gave a little sigh. "Might I have a short word with you, Doctor?" He gestured towards the Doctor's private office and stepped towards it, forcing a little skip into his step to try and show the Doctor wasn't in trouble.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Ashleigh scoffed. But she did so quietly so that nobody would hear her. She had always had a slight distaste for medics and medicine. Sure, it could perform 'miracles', and with technology as advanced as this, treatments and surgeries had near 100% success rates. Unfortunately, however hard she tried, she would find herself unable to respect the medical field, and she only had her father to blame for it. There is honour in the arts of healing, but no glory at all. She thought. Ash turned her back against the ongoing squabble in the med bay and twiddled her thumbs, anxious to move on.
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Dan and Earnest stood beside the door, staying quiet whilst the chatter went on.

I've had to go to the medical office on the dock before, but it had nothing like what's in here.. I sure hope I or dad don't have to come here often.. Except to repair things of course.. Well, maybe not the medical equipment, just the lights or something.. Dan thought as he leaned back and forth in boredom. He almost falls over at one point, but Earnest catches him before he does so.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado gave the Chief a confused look "Uh, sure. He waved open the door to his office and stepped inside "What can I, uh, do for you?"
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp stepped inside and allowed the door to close before he removed his helmet. "It's not so much that," he advised, "as some advice I might need to pass on." He leaned against the table. "Those things out there? They're just toys and the skill to operate them is here in this room. The last Doctor we had... Well, he used them a lot. Until he was so sick of them you wouldn't believe it. A bit of advice for you. Use them when you need to only, eh?" He stepped around the room. "I like Doctors. Owe them my life several times over so you should know this. I've been in this sick bay once. Food poisoning. Whilst I recovered, Insignia kidnapped Doctor Solvis." He held up a small instrument. "You've heard of them, I trust?" He waited for the answer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado stared across at the security chief "I'm sorry. I understand what you mean, but, not everyone is so similar. Maybe I'll get tired of them one day, but that shouldn't come for a while. And yes, I know who Insignia is."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp smiled slightly. "Good. Look, I'm not trying to scare you but I'm trying to get across the serious side to all this. One of the canteen staff 'jumped ship' immediately after the Doctor was taken." Corp grimaced. "They put me out of action to get the Doctor. Them out there? Make friends with them if you like or don't - but not so many hugs as I had to report a hugger for harassment after someone complained - you can put your trust in them as well if you like. But one thing I ask for my personal well-being. If you go off-ship, can you take a locator with you? In case of emergencies?" He gave a half decent attempt at a reassuring smile and pushed his helmet back on.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado smiled and nodded, "I've seen some pretty scary stuff being a medic. There's nothing quite like being attacked by someone you just put back together. Now I'm not fighter, but I can hold my own if I need to. Plus my work area has many impromptu weapons. I appreciate your concern, but don't keep me on the top of your mind. There's still many more people more important than me. But thanks. And no more hugs, got it." His simple smile turning into a slight chuckle
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Blitz walked over to Dan and Earnest.
So how are you guys liking the tour so far? Blitz asked.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Well, here's a small sign of trust." He pulled down the collar of his jacket slightly to reveal one of his surgical scars for a few seconds before covering it up again. "We better get back to the others." With that, Corp headed out.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Assuming you're done, let's go to our next stop. Depending on how much you know about golems products, what we have might surprise you. Noah said, giving a smile that showed he was excited about what they would find.

---yet another short walk later---

As they walked into one of the hangers, they saw a few dozen golem seven mechs being loaded onto the ship. These mechs, which weren't supposed to be released for a few weeks, came in various colors and each had torsos the size of minivans. Now dr rain, what was that you said about the military not updating our mechs?

Deske

Post by Deske »

Colorado follows the security chief out of the- His office, 'My own office, that's so cool!' He thinks, almost shouting it out loud, 'A place to do research or something, or sleep... Or something' He chuckles to himself
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Legotron123 wrote:Assuming you're done, let's go to our next stop. Depending on how much you know about golems products, what we have might surprise you. Noah said, giving a smile that showed he was excited about what they would find.

---yet another short walk later---

As they walked into one of the hangers, they saw a few dozen golem seven mechs being loaded onto the ship. These mechs, which weren't supposed to be released for a few weeks, came in various colors and each had torsos the size of minivans. Now dr rain, what was that you said about the military not updating our mechs?
So THATS what was in those boxes earlier! And the golem sevens were only for pre orders, so your captain must've paid a pretty high price! I see the golem 4's are gone now since the last time I was down here... Trailing off, Dr. Rain goes to his office door.
BLITZ! BRING THE SIGN! Dr. Rain instructed. Blitz obediently brought a small neon sign and hung it up on the door. It flashed "Head of Golen department: Chief Petty Officer Doctor Rain".
He silently entered the room and closed the door behind him, leaving the group.
Well okay then... Blitz returned.
I didn't tell the doctor we were shipping these with our experimental golems. He would've looked for flaws and fixed them before we could have a chance to board. Blitz explained. Anyways, I'll give him the tour later since he's made it to his office. He won't be leaving any time soon.
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

"Finally, something on this ship that's worth seeing!" Ashleigh thought aloud. After spending half of her youth in battle academy, she had grown used to living alongside these giant metallic constructs. She took her time investigating the weapon parts attached on the golems, making sure they were fully functional. Though the mech itself, she wasn't interested in.
After a while, the cat stepped back, then switched her attention to the rest of the group, eager to see her crewmate's reactions to Dr. Rain's sudden departure.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp remained at the back, watching one of his subordinates check through the locker of his current suspect. He'd have to move to question her soon and he wanted evidence of guilt or innocence.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie