SRP: Snow Tunnels

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

hypernovatic

Re: SRP: Snow Tunnels

Post by hypernovatic »

"Does anyone know where Sparkton is exactly?" Cryo asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

If he was back home, Jack would have responded to what Echo said with a "that's nice," and walked away. After what he'd seen today though, he found himself a bit desensitized to weirdness. He figured that since sparkton was supposed to be the equivalent of a multiversal airport, Echo was just from a universe where the existence of gods was a well known and proven fact. While he fantasized about what society would be like in that universe, his ears picked up what the blacksmith said about a library. Oh my gosh Anubis, We NEED to go there. A library in a place like this would have all sorts of information we could never find anywhere else! Dear Primus we might be able to find out what's really inside Area 51! We gotta go now! He almost ran out the door before realizing something and turning back. Two things. One, which way is south? Two, Anubis, once we figure out how much these gems are worth, remind me to get a trench coat.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Seeing that neither Muiva nor the others that were still there made a move, Maut himself started to look around the plaza, trying to pick out anywhere that would qualify as a cafe. After a while, he saw a rather small establishment at a jutting corner, with some tables and chairs outside. It's hard to identify, since the place looked more like ye olde tavern of story book grade, solemn and understated with darkened and weathered wood exterior. Heck, even the tables and chairs themselves were actually made from modified old barrels.

At least it's a place to get some grub though. So he walked towards the place first, hoping to scout the place first. He opened the front door with the old brass handle, and peered inside, wondering why the tavern was rather empty. At least it was warm and comforting inside. He soon spotted someone at the bar, and from his position, he hollered at the person.

"Hello? Are you open yet, and is this a cafe or restaurant or tavern?"

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

hypernovatic wrote:"Does anyone know where Sparkton is exactly?" Cryo asked.
"Not a clue, But I've learned that it's hard to find out that kind of thing if no one knows about where you started from," Flynn said. "My advice: Just roll with it."
------------
Legotron123 wrote:Two things. One, which way is south? Two, Anubis, once we figure out how much these gems are worth, remind me to get a trench coat.
The panther pointed towards the south and said "That way."
---------------
kurowolfe wrote:At least it's a place to get some grub though. So he walked towards the place first, hoping to scout the place first. He opened the front door with the old brass handle, and peered inside, wondering why the tavern was rather empty. At least it was warm and comforting inside. He soon spotted someone at the bar, and from his position, he hollered at the person.

The person at the bar looked up at the door. "Everything's always open in Sparkton," He said before floating over to the door to open it. "Though not a lot of folks feel comfortable being served food by a ghost. Welcome to 'The Spirit's Spirits' Tavern."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:At least it's a place to get some grub though. So he walked towards the place first, hoping to scout the place first. He opened the front door with the old brass handle, and peered inside, wondering why the tavern was rather empty. At least it was warm and comforting inside. He soon spotted someone at the bar, and from his position, he hollered at the person.

The person at the bar looked up at the door. "Everything's always open in Sparkton," He said before floating over to the door to open it. "Though not a lot of folks feel comfortable being served food by a ghost. Welcome to 'The Spirit's Spirits' Tavern."
Maut did a double-take when he saw the ghost heading towards him, and tried to backtrack at first. Then it hit him.

He'll be dead soon, and he himself might end up as ghost too!

With that epiphany, the mutt relaxed his stance and flashed a smile, feeling a kind of kinship, however misplaced that might be. "That's quite an unfortunate name for the tavern. Or is it intentional? Anyway, lemme call my companions first."

With that, he walked back out, not too fast though, and walked back at the group. "Hey guys, there's a tavern there, with a ghost bartender. Let's go there and rest up and exchange stories or anything of that sort."

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

"hmm ok lets go, maybe we can find some other things while we are there" Anubis said agreeing with jack
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Sparkton?" Gil murmured. The husky stood up, readjusting the goggles on his head and brushing off the dust from his fur the best he could. He sifted through his knowledge of cities and couldn't recall one of the name.
He sighed. So he was still in Purgatory.
kurowolfe wrote:With that, he walked back out, not too fast though, and walked back at the group. "Hey guys, there's a tavern there, with a ghost bartender. Let's go there and rest up and exchange stories or anything of that sort."
Upon hearing Maut Gil nodded, and began to make his way towards the tavern.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:With that, he walked back out, not too fast though, and walked back at the group. "Hey guys, there's a tavern there, with a ghost bartender. Let's go there and rest up and exchange stories or anything of that sort."
"Ghost, eh?" Flynn said. "Sounds interesting," he made his way to the tavern.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"Alright !" Muiva exclaimed joyfully , bolting straight into the tavern
"Hi there , we're new in town , so can I ask you something ? What kind of drinks can we get here and can we pay for them with these ?" she asked , sitting down at the table , tossing a gem up and down in her paw , while looking at the bartender like he's just another person , not a ghost . There was not even a smallest hint of surprise or confuse in her eyes , as if she's seen this so many times before
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Thanksfortheinformationbye! Jack yelled before dashing out the door in a way that, were this a cartoon, would have left a little smoke outline of him for a few seconds. He was ecstatic about all the things he could learn there. What the ranger keys from the morphin madness contest looked like, what happened to the plane that went missing around Asia, how he could make dimensional portals when he got back home, etc. What he wanted to find out first though, was find out how much those gems were worth in local currency.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Anubis suprised, ran after jack quickey.
ImageImageImage
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Surprised that everyone who's still there went to the tavern, he trailed behind them, and was the last to enter the door. He took a seat next to Muiva, and placed his paws on the table, the novel he was carrying all along just under them. He had wanted to get to know the other three, but being in a large group like this made him all nervous again, being so used to avoiding interaction with others.

"So, err... nice place huh?" Maut tried to say, but he stumbled upon his own words and bit his tongue by accident, wincing in pain and covering his muzzle with his paws.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"yeah , doesn't seem half bad , anyway you ok ?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil found a spot in the corner of the bar, sitting himself in one of the stool. Silently, he signaled the barman, least that's how he thinks they do it in the movies...

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

serence ice fox wrote:"yeah , doesn't seem half bad , anyway you ok ?"
*cough* "Yeah, I'm okay," Maut answered, still cringing a bit until the pain abated. Only then did he let go of him muzzle.

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

"So , don't suppose you wanna , you know , get to know each other more , while waiting for the drinks ?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Okay," Maut said. "Well, my name is Maut and I'm from downtown London. I was taking a stroll when I got sucked into this world. That's pretty much there is to know about me."

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote:"Okay," Maut said. "Well, my name is Maut and I'm from downtown London. I was taking a stroll when I got sucked into this world. That's pretty much there is to know about me."
"Oh is that all?" Muiva raised her right eyebrow , while giving Maut a teasing smirk
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo walked up to Muiva and Maut. "Could I sit with you two?" he asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

As Jack ran down the streets dodging the occasional Terradore he eventually found himself in a big clearing in front of the library. He skidded to a halt when he saw the building and looked at it in awe. What ever he expected it to look like, it was nowhere near as impressive as the real thing.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:"Alright !" Muiva exclaimed joyfully , bolting straight into the tavern
"Hi there , we're new in town , so can I ask you something ? What kind of drinks can we get here and can we pay for them with these ?" she asked , sitting down at the table , tossing a gem up and down in her paw , while looking at the bartender like he's just another person , not a ghost . There was not even a smallest hint of surprise or confuse in her eyes , as if she's seen this so many times before
"Yeah, we take gems. And I'll be right back with a drink menu," the ghost said.

Flynn decided to sit at the bar a couple stools from Gil
Roarin wrote:Gil found a spot in the corner of the bar, sitting himself in one of the stool. Silently, he signaled the barman, least that's how he thinks they do it in the movies...
The ghost moved over to Gil and Flynn. "What can I get you, sirs?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yes, err would you happen to have anything of the... orangey variety." He would have said orange soda outright but that would have been too good to be true.
The dog gave a sideways glance at Flynn, but kept silent.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

serence ice fox wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:"Okay," Maut said. "Well, my name is Maut and I'm from downtown London. I was taking a stroll when I got sucked into this world. That's pretty much there is to know about me."
"Oh is that all?" Muiva raised her right eyebrow , while giving Maut a teasing smirk
"Yes, that is all." The mutt said this with a frown. "Although... as you can see, I'm a little bit sickly, not really in the best of health." Maut really didn't want to say anything about him running away from the vet, or the fact that he had terminal bone cancer. They don't have to know that.
hypernovatic wrote:Cryo walked up to Muiva and Maut. "Could I sit with you two?" he asked.
"Yes please!" Maut said a little bit too enthusiastically. In fact, where were the other two? A quick glance around showed that they were sitting at the stools rather than with them. Some pets are like that, he guessed. "We were just introducing ourselves."

Ace11

Post by Ace11 »

Echo watched jack and his companion leave before returning his attention to the katana on display in interest.Shaking his head he soon left the shop looking for a tavern at which he could rest or simply find a cold drink.He soon found what appeared to be a decent place.He entered and took a seat at one of the tables paying no mind to the bartenders form.
Not one single person on this earth is perfect,learning to accept that however is a struggle few can understand
Hotep the psychic

Anubis caught up with Jack. He looked at the university library with little awe before dragging Jack inside the library
ImageImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote: "Yes, that is all." The mutt said this with a frown. "Although... as you can see, I'm a little bit sickly, not really in the best of health." Maut really didn't want to say anything about him running away from the vet, or the fact that he had terminal bone cancer. They don't have to know that.
"yes I can see that , just like I can see how someone isn't much of the talking type" Muiva chuckled
kurowolfe wrote:
hypernovatic wrote:Cryo walked up to Muiva and Maut. "Could I sit with you two?" he asked.
"Yes please!" Maut said a little bit too enthusiastically. In fact, where were the other two? A quick glance around showed that they were sitting at the stools rather than with them. Some pets are like that, he guessed. "We were just introducing ourselves."
"oh yes , indeed"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:"Yes, err would you happen to have anything of the... orangey variety." He would have said orange soda outright but that would have been too good to be true.
The dog gave a sideways glance at Flynn, but kept silent.
"Coming right up." He said and then turned to Flynn. "And for you?"
"I once had this blue drink in a place called Terra Ridge, you think you can figure out what that was?"
"Yeah, I know it. I'll get that as soon as I give these drink menus to the others."

he then floated over and put two menus at the table with Muiva and Maut. "And do you two want drink menus?" he asked to Echo and Cryo, holding up 2 more.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Thanks." The dog replies, watching the strange ghost. What was he, omniscient?
serence ice fox wrote:"yes I can see that , just like I can see how someone isn't much of the talking type" Muiva chuckled
Gil wasn't sure if the comment was targeted at him, but his ears flattened for a moment nonetheless.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Thank you," Maut too said, not catching on the large wolf's cynical comment. A quick peruse of the menu and he picked out a weird order. "Can I have a glass of warm milk tea please?"

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Sure." Cryo told the ghost. He turned towards Maut and Muiva. "Well, my name is Cryo. I was walking around my house when I wound up in those caves. I also have these scars on my paws." he told the other two, taking off his gloves to show them his scars.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

kurowolfe wrote:"Thank you," Maut too said, not catching on the large wolf's cynical comment. A quick peruse of the menu and he picked out a weird order. "Can I have a glass of warm milk tea please?"
"warm milk tea ?!" Muiva giggled mockingly "oh come on Maut , seriously ? Have fun a little wouldcha mate ?" she said then turned to the bartender "Anyway , I would like something to get drunk on , ya have anything like that here ? Doesn't have to be strong , just a little bit , enough to get me tipsy wouldbe good too"
hypernovatic wrote:"Sure." Cryo told the ghost. He turned towards Maut and Muiva. "Well, my name is Cryo. I was walking around my house when I wound up in those caves. I also have these scars on my paws." he told the other two, taking off his gloves to show them his scars.
"huh.....that looks like it hurt hon , how did you get those ?"
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

serence ice fox wrote:"warm milk tea ?!" Muiva giggled mockingly "oh come on Maut , seriously ? Have fun a little wouldcha mate ?" she said then turned to the bartender "Anyway , I would like something to get drunk on , ya have anything like that here ? Doesn't have to be strong , just a little bit , enough to get me tipsy wouldbe good too"
Maut struggled and shuffled in his seat, certainly not used to being pointed at like that. With a blush that only he could feel in his cheeks, he said, "W-what's wrong with that?! I like milk tea, it's what I used to drink every day, before I--"

The mutt stopped himself from going any further. That was close; he almost spilled the beans. He let out a sigh; maybe Muiva's right after all. He'd be gone soon, it would be a waste to not enjoy the time he had left.

"Sir--" He asked the bartender "Add one larger of your strongest orange sodas to my order please."
hypernovatic wrote:"Sure." Cryo told the ghost. He turned towards Maut and Muiva. "Well, my name is Cryo. I was walking around my house when I wound up in those caves. I also have these scars on my paws." he told the other two, taking off his gloves to show them his scars.
"I see, that must've been rough Cryo." Maut tugged at the one end of the hoodie's tattered ropes, not really sure om what to say. He was not really good with words to console someone, being used to just rough it out and walk through any adversities that came his way. Maybe Cryo's not used to it. No one should ever be...

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:"Thank you," Maut too said, not catching on the large wolf's cynical comment. A quick peruse of the menu and he picked out a weird order. "Can I have a glass of warm milk tea please?"
"coming right up," the ghost answered.
serence ice fox wrote:"warm milk tea ?!" Muiva giggled mockingly "oh come on Maut , seriously ? Have fun a little wouldcha mate ?" she said then turned to the bartender "Anyway , I would like something to get drunk on , ya have anything like that here ? Doesn't have to be strong , just a little bit , enough to get me tipsy wouldbe good too"
kurowolfe wrote:"Sir--" He asked the bartender "Add one larger of your strongest orange sodas to my order please."
he gave Cryo a menu and went behind the bar to fill the orders he'd gotten so far.

"Ya may not want to get too drunk," Flynn chimed in from the bar, turning towards the group. "Never know when we'll end up back fighting robots.
the ghost gave Flynn and Gil their drinks, then floated over to the others with their drinks.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"When I was a kitten I was attacked by another cat and I got these scars from that." Cryo told Maut and Muiva. "I'll have an orange soda." he told the ghost.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil thanked the ghost before taking a sip of whatever it was . His ears pricked up, delighted and surprised by what it was. Orange, fizzy. He downed the drink in a few more gulps before raising his cup, already calling for another.
The dog felt his mood improving for the first time today.

Ref Ref!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Ya may not want to get too drunk," Flynn chimed in from the bar, turning towards the group. "Never know when we'll end up back fighting robots."
"Heh, don't you worry about me, I can handle it." Maut puffed out his chest in defiance to the cat's warning, but when he realized what he was doing, he immediately shrunk back down almost into a ball on his seat. "Sorry, didn't mean to be so cocky about it."

He heard Cryo's short explanation on the scars and nodded meekly, his cheeks truly crimson now. He tentatively took the large larger, almost dropping it on the floor in the process seeing it was so heavy, and took a sip.

And what a sip it was! The mutt immediately felt better and sat back straight up again. "This is some good stuff right here." Still, he placed the larger back down and instead picked up his milk tea, drinking it down a gulp at a time.

"Anyways, I was wondering, why are we sent here into this dimension anyway? There must be something that links us all together to be grouped here."

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Bad luck..." Gil grumbled, absent-mindedly playing with his cup.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

kurowolfe wrote:"Anyways, I was wondering, why are we sent here into this dimension anyway? There must be something that links us all together to be grouped here."
Roarin wrote:"Bad luck..." Gil grumbled, absent-mindedly playing with his cup.
"Last time it happened to me it was because some deities decided to use pets from my cruise ship in some sort of game," Flynn said before sipping his drink again. "Maybe they're playing again, and liked me as their game piece. Any of you have ties to some sort of god or something?"

the ghost returned with Cryo's orange soda.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Maut took another gulp off his milk tea, and pondered whether his condition would qualify as one. But he decided in the end that it's not.

"Nope, no connection to any gods. But boy, I sure hope that's not the case though."

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil scratched the side of his chin thoughtfully.
"Aecros Hydris..." The dog mumbled out loud. He raised his cup, signaling the ghost that he wanted a refill.

Gil turned to the group, feeling more sociable after his cup of soda.
"Admittedly..." He paused, glancing at Flynn for a moment. "This isn't the first time I have encountered these sorts of events either..."

Ref Ref!