SRP: Snow Tunnels

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: SRP: Snow Tunnels

Post by Roarin »

Gil groaned in annoyance, waiting for the light to dissipate. At least he had a result.
After the last remnent of light left his muzzle he took a deep breath and concentrated, carefully drawing the symbol on the fork and finishing with a snap of his fingers. This time it had to work.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

xhunterko wrote: And this time, the fork lit up.

"And like they say, practice makes perfect," he said, "Try your knife again."
"Alright , here goes" Muiva said cheerfully , taking the knife out with her middle and index finger , and repeated what she just did on the fork , maybe if this works she could try that seemingly broken solar blade enchantment afterward .
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Huh. That sorta makes sense, Jack said in response to Gunthers answer to his question. Then he heard the word "fireball." Wait are you serious? Because if you're serious, then you will be my new favorite person I've met in this dimension. He turned to Anubis. Sorry dude. FIREBALLS!!! you can't beat that!
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Anubis put the map away before giving in. "all right ill try this one. but later if i can im getting a book......what do we have to do?" Anubis asked leaving his belongings and joining the others.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

xhunterko wrote:This time, his fork lit up.

"You see? You can do it!" He said with a smile.
"Cool!" Cryo exclaimed. He then tried to poke the light emitting from his fork.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

"Alright then... I guess that there's no harm in it. Hopefully she can help me find my way around here." Quinn told the raven. He began walking down the path, turned, and called back, "Thanks for the help!"
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And Flynn's coin lit up nicely, only for some reason, about 3 times as bright as the forks.
---
This time, Gil's fork did light up, and the rabbit applauded.

"I'd try that again so you don't accidentally shoot fire from your nose," Gunthar said to him.
---
And Muiva's knife lit up as well, as well as doing something curious. The symbol burned into her knife! Adding a new one in.

"Funny, unless the user is thinking of it, symbols don't normally augment themselves to objects like that," Gunthar said, "Well my dear, you now have a glow in the dark knife."
---
"Yes, fireballs," Gunthar said in response to Jack.
---
Gunthar handed Anubis a fork, and with his own, showed him the same symbol. Or at least, it looked like the same symbol. On the question mark (?), he added a circle in the center of the first curve.

"And then, snap your fingers, you'll like the surprise," he said.
---
And the light behaved like light from a light bulb would. Before dissipating after a short time.
---
"Now fireballs, and fire in general be a dangerous lot," Gunthar said, turning to face the door, "Your getting into mental magic now. You must focus and concentrate, and learn to do that quickly. You must also give the magic a focus. Now, first, I'll demonstrate." And with that, he put his hands out and in front of his chest, and clawed them, and crossed his thumbs as he did so. A moment later, a small fireball flew from his hands and at the doors window! Blowing up into small bits as it did so scattering in all directions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't mention it!" The raven said, flying back to his tree. Upon continuing down the path, a warm breeze continued to blow on his face, as if there were a heater at the end of the path. Then after a minute or two, the path opened up and a few steps ahead there was the decent sized lake and it's sandy shores. The lake seemed rather curious as well. It was also crystal clear. And in the center, was what appeared to be any number of things, objects, creatures, parts of creatures, a pair of boots? All piled and clustered in the center. And upon closer inspection, they were all of some sort of shiny metal? Now the question was, to inspect the lake just a bit, or ask for it's host?
Hotep the psychic

forgot... force of habit.
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

GM Post: Please mind the turn order. Thank you.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Flynn smiled when his coin lit up. heh, brighter light, and flipping it could light a larger area. good to know.

Then fire.

Flynn listened to the directions and watched the demonstration. Concentration on a focal point. should be simple enough, and easy to alter.

He held his right paw out and focused on it, thinking of fire coming out. He made sure no one was in the way as he did so. (1 stone towards one-handed fireball)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Fascinating." Gil murmured, smiling to himself as he admired his accomplishment.
Taking the rabbit's advice he tried to do it again, tracing the intricate symbol on the fork again before snapping his fingers.
"Is it possible to apply this to organic substances?" Gil asked.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote:A
And Muiva's knife lit up as well, as well as doing something curious. The symbol burned into her knife! Adding a new one in.

"Funny, unless the user is thinking of it, symbols don't normally augment themselves to objects like that," Gunthar said, "Well my dear, you now have a glow in the dark knife."
"Now fireballs, and fire in general be a dangerous lot," Gunthar said, turning to face the door, "Your getting into mental magic now. You must focus and concentrate, and learn to do that quickly. You must also give the magic a focus. Now, first, I'll demonstrate." And with that, he put his hands out and in front of his chest, and clawed them, and crossed his thumbs as he did so. A moment later, a small fireball flew from his hands and at the doors window! Blowing up into small bits as it did so scattering in all directions.
"A glow in the dark knife , awesome" Muiva giggled , tossing the knife up and down a few times before putting it away , just in time to see the "firework" , even though that *was* pretty impressive , the wolf decided she should back out of this one , at least for now.
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack said once Gunther confirmed his answer. He quickly calmed down and put his hands in the position the rabbit discriped. He concentrated on fire while also reminding him self don't say kamahamaha. Don't say kamahamaha. Don't say kamahamaha.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Hotep the psychic

Anubis took the fork and with ease traced the same symbol onto it. to Anubis it was like art and finished with a snap of his fingers as he concentrated on light. he set one paw behind his back and held the fork with the other.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Wow!" Cryo exclaimed as Gunther made a fireball. He put his hands in the same way Gunther did. Okay. Concentrate. Make a fireball. Cryo thought.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Quinn walked through the trees into an empty space with a lake in the center. He shrugged quietly and walked down to the lake, staying a few feet from the water. He called out silently, "Is anyone there?"
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: I've been asked to take over Polaris for a bit. And as such, his reactions will be posted within these. I should write down this mythology stuff somewhere sometime, but gah, busy.

ic:

Polaris stood stunned again at the magical effect happening in front of him. He blinked a few times in disbelief. He looked at the others attempting to make a fireball by mimicking what the rabbit had done and noting so far, nothing was happening.

"If I may ask, you said mental magic right? I take it there's a bit more then just going through the motions?" He asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And at that time, Anubis's fork lit up also. Only instead of acting like a light bulb, it created a bubble of light, almost like a shield of some kind. Like the kind that covered the door, only in the shape of a sphere.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And of course, nothing happened with Flynn's hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gil's fork, this time, actually lit up.

"If you can draw on it, or mentally draw on it, it'll work," Gunthar said in response to his question.

And nothing happened with Jack's hands either.

Nothing happened with Cyro's hands either.

A tall, very tall, very very tall, human lady in a white gown materialized out of mist in the center of the lake. She bowed to Quinn.

"Yes there is stranger, and welcome to Aarserth, and to the lake of Oln," she spoke with a voice as soft as spider's silk, she looked down to Quinn, her long, rather long hair flowing behind her, "I see you are not of this plane. I ever so love strangers. I will be happy to help you. Ask me whatever questions you have of this place, and I will answer. For none come to ask me questions any more these days."

"The wolfdog is right," Gunthar said, with a chuckle, "My apologies, here, watch my finger, and I'll draw the symbol in the air, you are to draw in your minds. And please aim for the door." And thus, Gunthar stood back. First, he drew an arc in the air of a half circle. Then on the right, he made a triangle, and another on the top of the arc in the center, then another on the right of the arc.

"Draw the symbol in your mind, then do the motion, the order in which the symbol is made does not matter for this simple spell," he added.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

coulda told us that the first time, Flynn thought as he once again attempted to make a fireball. He made the symbol in his mind, then did the motion (using both paws this time to make sure it worked before changing it up)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil stashed the fork in his inventory before holding out his right hand in front of him.
"So if you do this..." Gil drew the light symbol with his left hand onto the palm of his right, afterwards snapping his fingers

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Muiva watched closely as the others practicing that fireball magic , even though the wolf was personally not a fan of fire magic , it's still fun to watch regardless
Hotep the psychic

Anubis jerked in suprise before staring at the bubble of light with his head turned sideways. he gained a grand sense of curiosity to the bubble and was amazed at it as well he wondered how the heck it happened before poking the bubble as if he didnt know if it was real.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Concentrate." Cryo said as he sighed, then made the symbol in his mind and did the motion.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Dang it! Jack said when nothing happened. I was really excited. He followed Gunthers advice and drew the symbol in his mind before doing the motion.

Happiness Designer

"Alright, I guess." Quinn said excitedly. What if this lady really could answer any questions he had?
"Ah... First of all, do you know how I got here?"
~ Colors are good. ~
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And a fireball from Flynn's hands shot towards the door and burst into flame like he was showed!
-------
And just like that, Gil's hand lit up as well.
-------
And Anubis's bubble gave way, but didn't pop, but let his finger in through, as if it were a real bubble.
------
And likewise, a fireball flew out from Cyro's paws and shattered against the door like Flynn's.
------
The same thing happened with Jack as well, although it ricocheted for just a brief moment, then shattered.

"Watch your emotions, your spells react to them," Gunthar said to him.

"Now everyone, look at the fox here. I taught you all the same motion to produce an aura of light. Yet his went into a sphere. Or bubble if you will," Gunthar said, "I'm wondering. Can he figure out what is different? Since, I KNOW he paid attention."
-------
"Well let's see, a number of things really. A wizard snapping his fingers, a butterfly flapping it's wings in another plane, a giant sneezing," the lady said, "But more seriously. A rift moment in time. One split second, or half of it. No less then the blink of an eye. Was off somewhere, somehow. And the universe had to make up for it somehow. And here you are."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

that's more like it, Flynn thought to himself. Then he turned to see why the fox's magic was different
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Gil nodded in confirmation. Good, this was much more convenient than taking out a utensil every time he needed light. Shaking the light off his hand the dog glanced over at the fox to see what was up.

Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

wow that's kinda dangerous Muiva thought after witnessing the fireball bouncing all over the place , but decided not to say anything , since the attention seems to be on the fox now after all
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Ah, sweet! It worked! Jack said as he watched his fireball bounce around the room. He thought about what gunthar said. Wait, so some spells get stronger or weaker depending on what mood you're in? Is that why his light turned into a bubble?

Hotep the psychic

Anubis reached away from the bubble then heard gunthar. he knew he was right but what was the difference? he looked at the fork and then he made the connection. "The mark on the fork. its two marks not just the one you showed them. that's why its a bubble" Anubis said looking to gunthar believing he was right.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

That was cool! Cryo thought when the fireball exploded. He lookee over at Anubis to hear his explanation.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

"So a time rift is what brought me here...? Hmm." Quinn muttered. What if there was no way out? The whirring of the spider robots outside the forest bought Quinn back to attention. "So how can I deal with these robots? Is there some way to fight them?"
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

"Urgh, what happened?" A lone dog with a black hoodie was just coming around and slowly sitting up, groaning slightly on the cold, damp floor. Damp? His eyes snapped wide open, and he started to pat around the floor he was on. Felt like... rock?

"Huh, surprising. You'd thought you'd be dead after falling from such a great height. And I'm now in some sort of cave. Great," he muttered under his breath. He stood up and brushed himself off, before remembering the novel he had swiped from the dumpster today. Looking around in the dark environment, he can just barely make out the inorganic shape of the book about a couple of feet away from him. The mutt bent down, picked up the book, and was glad to see that it survived the fall too. The rust-coloured cover was adorned with cursive writing: "Nour al-Maut"

"All Mauts present and accounted for," Maut said. He then tried focusing his sight around the cave, but he could barely make out anything further than 5 feet. "Guess I'll have to walk around."

He started walking towards one direction, fully expecting to hit a wall or fall down a cliff or something.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"No, they just react different, like your fireball did," Gunthar said to Jack.

"Correct, that modifier is a circular modifier, a very basic one. It will change any magic symbol's results into a bubble, you can even mix and match them, eh heh," Gunthar explained, "So now you should know four spells. Actually five."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Actually there is, as seeing you have no weapons, I can only teach you some magic, if you'd like," the lady said to Quinn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And Maut bumped right into a spider robot leg! It jerked around and faced him! It let out it's common cry as if in surprise.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!

Then all nine of the robot spiders that were at the entrance packed up their legs and rolled away, as if frightened, causing a chunk chunk noise to be heard down the hall as they went.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

xhunterko wrote:"No, they just react different, like your fireball did," Gunthar said to Jack.

"Correct, that modifier is a circular modifier, a very basic one. It will change any magic symbol's results into a bubble, you can even mix and match them, eh heh," Gunthar explained, "So now you should know four spells. Actually five."
"Is there a limit to how often we can use these spells?" Flynn asked. "and will trying to use them more than that hurt us?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

xhunterko wrote: "Correct, that modifier is a circular modifier, a very basic one. It will change any magic symbol's results into a bubble, you can even mix and match them, eh heh," Gunthar explained, "So now you should know four spells. Actually five."
"excuse me sir, five ? There's the light spell , fireball , and possibly two variation of those two , which makes four , so what's the last one ?"
Hotep the psychic

Anubis soon got curious thinking of the few symbols the rabbit showed them. soon he wanted to try something and began drawing the light spells upside down question mark with a standard question mark on top surrounded in a circle with the fireball symbol on the top and bottom. he concentrated on the two spells combining
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Cryo did the math in his head. "Yeah, there's one more." he said.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Happiness Designer

"Wow, magic would be great. I could use some help to fend off those robots." Quinn told the woman.
~ Colors are good. ~
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

xhunterko wrote:And Maut bumped right into a spider robot leg! It jerked around and faced him! It let out it's common cry as if in surprise.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!!!

Then all nine of the robot spiders that were at the entrance packed up their legs and rolled away, as if frightened, causing a chunk chunk noise to be heard down the hall as they went.
Just as he had expected, Maut's leg bumped into something, and he promptly fell flat on his face. Cringing in pain, he sat up and faced the thing that he bumped into... huh? Was that... a robot leg or something? And it was whirring and buzzing like crazy too! Not to mention the loud clunking sounds that rang from the far end of the walkway.

Despite all these, the mutt just sighed once more, and brushed off his hoodie as he stood up again. Amidst the buzzing sound, he said, "Now a robot leg. What, you have a bone to pick with me?"

Even so, he took several steps backwards, away from the thing. His mind was acting brave, but his body was betraying him and executed the flight-or-fight response. In the end, he decided to follow Mother Nature and walked away even further in the more quieter direction, facing the mechanical oddity all the time. "I'll go my own way, and you just stay there, OK? No need to complicate things."

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)