Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ChewyChewy

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla stood up and stared into his eyes.

"You say you want to get to know me better. You know that much. I'm asking, in what respect?"
"I want to be a friend to you, someone you can depend on and feel comfortable with."
"Like Honey?" said Vanilla.

She sighed.

"It's not so easy. I don't feel comfortable that quickly, which is why I don't understand why I'm opening up to you so soon."
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Like Honey?" said Vanilla.

She sighed.

"It's not so easy. I don't feel comfortable that quickly, which is why I don't understand why I'm opening up to you so soon."
"I didn't expect you to open up to me so soon either. I expected it to be a gradual, long term thing."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Like Honey?" said Vanilla.

She sighed.

"I didn't expect you to open up to me so soon either. I expected it to be a gradual, long term thing."
"That's just it," said Vanilla. "I did too, and that's why this is frightening."

She paced back and forth a few times.

"What do you make of this?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"That's just it," said Vanilla. "I did too, and that's why this is frightening."

Max crossed his arms in his head and nodded, thinking, "Well, maybe there's something about me that makes you feel more comfortable than you're used to feeling."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"That's just it," said Vanilla. "I did too, and that's why this is frightening."

Max crossed his arms in his head and nodded, thinking, "Well, maybe there's something about me that makes you feel more comfortable than you're used to feeling."
Vanilla folded her arms.

"I see--and what would you suppose that is?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla folded her arms.

"Maybe you could answer that question? I've answered the past few already."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla folded her arms.

"Maybe you could answer that question? I've answered the past few already."
Vanilla facepalmed herself.

"I wasn't exactly keeping score, Max."

She sighed.

"I don't know. This is a rare thing for me. I've only had one friend, other than Honey, around whom I've felt this comfortable, in the old neighborhood. And now that we've moved I don't see her anymore, we just talk on the telephone. This hasn't happened often enough in my experience that I'm able to look at common factors and thereby answer the question."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla facepalmed herself.

She sighed.

"I don't know. This is a rare thing for me. I've only had one friend, other than Honey, around whom I've felt this comfortable, in the old neighborhood. And now that we've moved I don't see her anymore, we just talk on the telephone. This hasn't happened often enough in my experience that I'm able to look at common factors and thereby answer the question."
"Well, maybe I'm easier to talk to than the others in the neighborhood." Max suggested, "And perhaps you and I are enough alike that we can relate to one another easier as well."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla facepalmed herself.

She sighed.

"Well, maybe I'm easier to talk to than the others in the neighborhood." Max suggested, "And perhaps you and I are enough alike that we can relate to one another easier as well."
"By one dog's standards, perhaps," said Vanilla. "And how do you figure we're alike?"

She put up a mental guard over her entire body as she awaited his reply to that.
PF chars

--Phoenix

44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

ctcmjh wrote: Liz's purring became more steady, and her crying slowed down to a halt when Sly kissed the top of her head, "Yeah..." She said, quietly, before looking up and kissing Sly lightly on the lips.

---

Morrigan, who was laying in a tree in the park, watching the pets who were playing around in the park. She shook her head, "I get the worst feeling that Liz is doing something absolutely stupid right about now." She said to herself.
Sly at first was shocked by Liz's actions. Within less then a second, he returned the kiss softly yet eagerly at the same time. His mind seemed to shut down for just a second, his feelings toward Liz being the only thing that matters.
Shirosune wrote:Shiro mirrored Conrad's signal as closely as he could and then focused on his sense of hearing as Awesome gave his own bark, counting three seconds out in his mind, the husky finally started moving as the time limit ran out, moving in what he hoped to be the opposite direction from Awesome. As he took a step to the right he cursed his choice to focus on listening as he heard a snap from right bellow him; if he'd been paying at least a little attention to what he was feeling, he'd have noticed the twig before it was too late. Weighing his options quickly, he chose to hop back and to the left as lightly as possible before continuing to move, hoping Awesome didn't hear the sound of his landing clearly. Still, it was almost time for Awesome to signal his location again, so he'd probably know soon enough if the he'd honed in on him or not.
Seth wrote:Conrad barked and waited the three seconds the rules required, he started to move back slowly listening for some kind of noise, it had been a while since he had needed to track something by sound and he was a little rusty.
Awesome's ears lifted, as best they could, as he heard Shiro breaking the twig below. He couldn't pinpoint the sound, but estimated with it came from. Changing his direction, he barked once more, giving his signal. Quickening his movement, he started walking quickly in the direction the bark and twig break came from, although at the same time continued focusing on his sense of smell, in the slight change the wind would help him out soon. If he opened his eyes, he could probably tell he walked past Conrad, not quite ignoring him, but simply not noticing him due to concentrating on the sound Seth made.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"By one dog's standards, perhaps," said Vanilla. "And how do you figure we're alike?"

She put up a mental guard over her entire body as she awaited his reply to that.
"We both have the same taste in movies, music, and books. We both would prefer to watch, instead of act. And, I'm not trying to sound arrogant, we're some of the smartest and wittiest in the neighborhood." Max said, "Not to mention we both have very outgoing sisters." He added the last part as a bit of a joke.

--
44R0NM10 wrote:Sly at first was shocked by Liz's actions. Within less then a second, he returned the kiss softly yet eagerly at the same time. His mind seemed to shut down for just a second, his feelings toward Liz being the only thing that matters.
Liz continued to kiss Sly softly and eagerly, the kiss lasting only a few seconds. She broke it off tenderly and sighed, resting her head on Sly's chest once more, "Don't tell Jackson, but you're a better kisser than him." She said, jokingly to attempt to diffuse the harsh air.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly laughed softly upon hearing Liz's joke, and feeling her against him. He stroked down her back softly once more, holding her tenderly yet somewhat protectively. "I'll be sure to keep that between you and me...though, you're no doubt the best kisser I've ever seen.."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly laughed softly upon hearing Liz's joke, and feeling her against him. He stroked down her back softly once more, holding her tenderly yet somewhat protectively. "I'll be sure to keep that between you and me...though, you're no doubt the best kisser I've ever seen.."
Liz giggled and blushed at that compliment, "Thanks." She said, smiling and her tail wagging.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"By one dog's standards, perhaps," said Vanilla. "And how do you figure we're alike?"

"We both have the same taste in movies, music, and books. We both would prefer to watch, instead of act. And, I'm not trying to sound arrogant, we're some of the smartest and wittiest in the neighborhood." Max said, "Not to mention we both have very outgoing sisters." He added the last part as a bit of a joke.
Vanilla tried to stifle her smile, but failed.

"Touche. I failed to parry that thrust."

She turned away. "Then why am I so uncomfortable? This is what I've always wanted. Why can't I just enjoy it?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

44R0NM10 wrote:Awesome's ears lifted, as best they could, as he heard Shiro breaking the twig below. He couldn't pinpoint the sound, but estimated with it came from. Changing his direction, he barked once more, giving his signal. Quickening his movement, he started walking quickly in the direction the bark and twig break came from, although at the same time continued focusing on his sense of smell, in the slight change the wind would help him out soon. If he opened his eyes, he could probably tell he walked past Conrad, not quite ignoring him, but simply not noticing him due to concentrating on the sound Seth made.
Shiro focused on staying as quiet as possible as he moved farther from where he had been, simply hoping that he'd be far enough away that when it came time for him to call out again, he would be doing so from right beside Awesome. Still, he only had a couple of seconds left before that, and things probably weren't that promising, but he'd give it his best, and if he ended up getting caught, well, then he'd just make sure to have a blast as the hunter.

As the ninth second since his original call ticked by, he decided that he might as well go ahead and get it over with and see exactly what his situation was. Taking a in a breath he stopped moving, gave a bark and began waiting.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla tried to stifle her smile, but failed.

She turned away. "Then why am I so uncomfortable? This is what I've always wanted. Why can't I just enjoy it?"
Max nodded, thinking for a moment. He let there be a small pause before speaking again, "Maybe you're scared of getting what you want?"
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Conrad backed away from the sound of Awesome's bark, he couldn't tell for sure but he thought he felt someone pass by him, he backed up slowly, fully expecting to back into someone any second now
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly slowly closed his eyes and sighed happily. He could've stayed there for a long, long time. Eventually though, he sadly loosened his grip on Liz. Smiling towards her, as he looked towards Liz's cute face, he said: "We'll think of a way to get everything over with painlessly, just gotta give it some time for now..."

-------------

Awesome heard the bark in front of him, and now ran forward, although pushing leaves away at the same time, giving away his position. He barked a second afterwards, knowing his position didn't matter anyway. As he ran forward though, he caught the scent of Seth behind him. Stopping, he brushed the leaves in a skid, before running back more quickly, in a similar line to how he began, though aiming towards Seth. He hoped the fact sound disappeared would throw both pets off, even though he now knew where Seth was, and had a decent estimate on Shiro's position for now.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Conrad heard the leaves shuffle, he wasn't quite sure but it seemed that someone had turned towards him.
He quickly took a couple steps to the right and started to move away from his previous position.
He would have to signal the other players soon, he stopped and barked.
#### I think he's got me.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Shiro stood near frozen in place, even though his three seconds had passed and he could move again, what in the world had just happened? He had been sure Awesome was about to tag him and then it sounded like he'd turned and head the other way. Shaking off his stupor from sudden turn of events, he began moving slowly way from where he had been, not wanting to make a sound but also not wanting to stay where he had been.

'This game is going to get very interesting if this keeps up.'
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome barked once more, this time instinctively seeming a lot more focused. Taking one more sniff, this time to make sure he had Conrad, he jumped, planning to land right next to Conrad and say tag loudly. In the chance Conrad dodges, Awesome would be able to swiftly get him from scent. He was just hoping he didn't miss the jump and end up landing on Conrad.

(your choice how Awesome goes. I basically gave you what he'd do in each circumstance :P )
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla tried to stifle her smile, but failed.

Max nodded, thinking for a moment. He let there be a small pause before speaking again, "Maybe you're scared of getting what you want?"
Vanilla's jaw dropped, then she closed her mouth.

"Now why should I be afraid of that? I can't FUNCTION when I don't get what I want!"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly slowly closed his eyes and sighed happily. He could've stayed there for a long, long time. Eventually though, he sadly loosened his grip on Liz. Smiling towards her, as he looked towards Liz's cute face, he said: "We'll think of a way to get everything over with painlessly, just gotta give it some time for now..."
Liz smiled back and nodded, "Yeah, you're right." She said, her tail swaying slowly.

--
ChewyChewy wrote: Vanilla's jaw dropped, then she closed her mouth.

"Now why should I be afraid of that? I can't FUNCTION when I don't get what I want!"
"I don't know why you're afraid of that. Maybe you're apprehensive about this being another incident, like when you first moved here."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote: Vanilla's jaw dropped, then she closed her mouth.

"I don't know why you're afraid of that. Maybe you're apprehensive about this being another incident, like when you first moved here."
"Well, can you blame me? You know what happened to me then, and now look where we are and what we're doing. How am I supposed to handle that?"

Vanilla took a deep breath, as the last verbal exhalation took a lot out of her.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Well, can you blame me? You know what happened to me then, and now look where we are and what we're doing. How am I supposed to handle that?"

Vanilla took a deep breath, as the last verbal exhalation took a lot out of her.
Max shook his head, "I don't blame you at all. I'm sure anyone would be feeling the same way if they were in your place."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Well, can you blame me? You know what happened to me then, and now look where we are and what we're doing. How am I supposed to handle that?"

Max shook his head, "I don't blame you at all. I'm sure anyone would be feeling the same way if they were in your place."
"I'm not," said Vanilla, starting to pace back and forth.

"I see others all the time and they get over it quickly, like it never happened at all. Why can't I do that?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Rendak

Post by Rendak »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly laughed softly upon hearing Liz's joke, and feeling her against him. He stroked down her back softly once more, holding her tenderly yet somewhat protectively. "I'll be sure to keep that between you and me...though, you're no doubt the best kisser I've ever seen.."
44R0NM10 wrote:Sly slowly closed his eyes and sighed happily. He could've stayed there for a long, long time. Eventually though, he sadly loosened his grip on Liz. Smiling towards her, as he looked towards Liz's cute face, he said: "We'll think of a way to get everything over with painlessly, just gotta give it some time for now..."
Aethon picked Sly up by his collar, jerking him into the air with little care if he hurt Sly or not, turning him and looking him in the eye, The fox's eyes narrowed slightly and had the most [REDACTED] look in them, his teeth bared slightly, confused by Sly being compeltely Angry at him to kissing Liz and becoming calm, not sure what to say to this, he simply said. "Well.....I'm not QUITE sure what's going on between you and kitty girl here, but Let's have a little chat shall we?"

MOD EDIT: Please do not swear.
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Rendak wrote:Aethon picked Sly up by his collar, jerking him into the air with little care if he hurt Sly or not, turning him and looking him in the eye, The fox's eyes narrowed slightly and had the most run a marathon look in them, his teeth bared slightly, confused by Sly being compeltely Angry at him to kissing Liz and becoming calm, not sure what to say to this, he simply said. "Well.....I'm not QUITE sure what's going on between you and kitty girl here, but Let's have a little chat shall we?"
"Aethon, don't hurt him!" Liz cried out when Aethon picked the cat up in the air.
ChewyChewy wrote: "I'm not," said Vanilla, starting to pace back and forth.

"I see others all the time and they get over it quickly, like it never happened at all. Why can't I do that?"
"I think you were given too many problems, and not enough opportunity to recover and feel comfortable. And that, for the longest time, you never really had anyone to really talk to."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Sly growled softly, as if by instinct, as he grabbed Aethon's paws if only to get rid of some of the tension that was going into his neck from gravity. He wasn't in much pain, but was far from comfortable as he was stuck looking into Aethon's eyes. "Come on Aethon, nggh, what're you trying to prove here?" Sly said, there being no fear in his voice. He looked back towards Liz, and gave her a comforting smile, as if to say this'll end up okay. He didn't know if it would or not, in all honesty, but he could easily take a punch if need-be.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:"I think you were given too many problems, and not enough opportunity to recover and feel comfortable. And that, for the longest time, you never really had anyone to really talk to."
Vanilla glared at Max.

She looked down at herself.

"Okay, no kibble--are you Krypto the Superdog? How can you see right through me?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla glared at Max.

"Okay, no kibble--are you Krypto the Superdog? How can you see right through me?"
"Close, but no cigar. I'm a licensed therapy dog, actually. My Mom's idea."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla glared at Max.

"Close, but no cigar. I'm a licensed therapy dog, actually. My Mom's idea."
Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

"A psychiatrist. Lovely."

She folded her arms. "Is that, then, the reason for your interest in me? As a case study?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

She folded her arms. "Is that, then, the reason for your interest in me? As a case study?"
"No, not at all. That was just a joke, mostly. I'm registered for physical therapy, not mental therapy." Max said, waving his paws defensively, "And I'm not interested in you as a case study, I'm interested in you because you're an interesting dog."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed, rolling her eyes.

"No, not at all. That was just a joke, mostly. I'm registered for physical therapy, not mental therapy." Max said, waving his paws defensively, "And I'm not interested in you as a case study, I'm interested in you because you're an interesting dog."
Vanilla hung her head, and pulled her hood over her head as she turned away from Max.

"Can we just...pretend I didn't just get a giant taste of my foot?" she said in a small voice.

After hearing him call her an interesting dog, she said, "In what respect?" Her voice was neutral and she did not turn to face him.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla hung her head, and pulled her hood over her head as she turned away from Max.

"Can we just...pretend I didn't just get a giant taste of my foot?" she said in a small voice.

After hearing him call her an interesting dog, she said, "In what respect?" Her voice was neutral and she did not turn to face him.
Max simply didn't respond to her request, hoping that would give her enough hint that he agreed, "Well," Max began, "You're very intelligent, for starters. And you use that intelligence to be witty and creative. You're very protective of your friends, and your sister, and you always give your honest opinion. Not to mention the things that I said earlier about us having the same taste in books, movies, music, etc."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla hung her head, and pulled her hood over her head as she turned away from Max.

Max simply didn't respond to her request, hoping that would give her enough hint that he agreed, "Well," Max began, "You're very intelligent, for starters. And you use that intelligence to be witty and creative. You're very protective of your friends, and your sister, and you always give your honest opinion. Not to mention the things that I said earlier about us having the same taste in books, movies, music, etc."
"Ffffffffffffffff...."

Vanilla pretended she was blowing fur out of her eyes--not that her fur was anywhere near that long--but she had meant to say "Flattery...."

Yet she couldn't bring herself to say it. This wasn't flattery. This was sincere. She could tell. What's more, she actually FELT complimented.

"I'm not putting that on my resume," said Vanilla finally.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Ffffffffffffffff...."

Vanilla pretended she was blowing fur out of her eyes--not that her fur was anywhere near that long--but she had meant to say "Flattery...."

Yet she couldn't bring herself to say it. This wasn't flattery. This was sincere. She could tell. What's more, she actually FELT complimented.

Max didn't know what she meant to say, but he could tell that she tried to say something and then either stopped herself or couldn't bring herself to say it, "If you won't put that down, then you should at least list me as a reference."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Ffffffffffffffff...."

Max didn't know what she meant to say, but he could tell that she tried to say something and then either stopped herself or couldn't bring herself to say it, "If you won't put that down, then you should at least list me as a reference."
Vanilla rolled her eyes.

"I'm not applying for a job at the moment."

She sighed.

"Look, cards on the table. Why do you hang out with me, and why are you telling me this?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla rolled her eyes.

"I'm not applying for a job at the moment."

She sighed.

"Look, cards on the table. Why do you hang out with me, and why are you telling me this?"
"Alright, cards on the table. I hang out with you because I enjoy myself hanging out with you, more than I do with anyone else." Max said, "And I'm telling you, because you've a right to know when someone considers you a good friend."
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

44R0NM10 wrote:Sly growled softly, as if by instinct, as he grabbed Aethon's paws if only to get rid of some of the tension that was going into his neck from gravity. He wasn't in much pain, but was far from comfortable as he was stuck looking into Aethon's eyes. "Come on Aethon, nggh, what're you trying to prove here?" Sly said, there being no fear in his voice. He looked back towards Liz, and gave her a comforting smile, as if to say this'll end up okay. He didn't know if it would or not, in all honesty, but he could easily take a punch if need-be.
Aethon threw Sly again the clubhouse wall, blatantly ignoring Liz' request, then walked over to Sly and picked him up again, looking him in the eyes "I'm not trying to prove anything you little fool!"
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!