Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

ctcmjh

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"I...." Vanilla sighed. "Look, I personally would like to make this a regular thing. I mean, not THIS, but...walking in the park, and talking--about better subject matter."

She looked at her toes.

"But I'm not interested in dating."
Max nodded, "That's alright. I wasn't actually serious about the dating thing. I'm not really in the dating scene at the moment anyways." Max replied, looking off to some tree in the distance, "But making these walks a regular things does sound like a good idea."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"I...." Vanilla sighed. "Look, I personally would like to make this a regular thing. I mean, not THIS, but...walking in the park, and talking--about better subject matter."

She looked at her toes.

"But I'm not interested in dating."
Max nodded, "That's alright. I wasn't actually serious about the dating thing. I'm not really in the dating scene at the moment anyways." Max replied, "But making these walks a regular things does sound like a good idea."
Vanilla wasn't sure if she trusted Max. She wanted to--or did she NOT want to? Anyway, what was done was done.

"Well...good then. And yes, I concur."

She was afraid to ask the next question, for fear he might get the wrong impression.

"So...'at the moment'...does that mean--what does that mean?"

She REALLY hoped he wouldn't mistake her meaning.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla wasn't sure if she trusted Max. She wanted to--or did she NOT want to? Anyway, what was done was done.

She was afraid to ask the next question, for fear he might get the wrong impression.

Max nodded at her question. His mind was still in the realm of their conversation, so his mind stayed there for a moment. He was about to answer something pertaining to that, but stopped himself, "I just mean that I'm not really interesting in getting into a relationship right now. 'At the moment' Just meant that I used to be on the dating scene, with Winter."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla wasn't sure if she trusted Max. She wanted to--or did she NOT want to? Anyway, what was done was done.

Max nodded at her question. His mind was still in the realm of their conversation, so his mind stayed there for a moment. He was about to answer something pertaining to that, but stopped himself, "I just mean that I'm not really interesting in getting into a relationship right now. 'At the moment' Just meant that I used to be on the dating scene, with Winter."
"Well...good," said Vanilla. She kind of knew that he had dated Winter. Part of her hoped that he had given up the idea of getting involved romantically again. Another part felt guilty for thinking such a thing. She wondered how she would feel if he were interested in someone else who was not her. She realized she wouldn't like that, but not for the reason anyone might think. But again...how selfish was that?

"I'm...sorry things didn't work out for you. I really am." Vanilla did mean it. She knew.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Well...good," said Vanilla. She kind of knew that he had dated Winter. Part of her hoped that he had given up the idea of getting involved romantically again. Another part felt guilty for thinking such a thing. She wondered how she would feel if he were interested in someone else who was not her. She realized she wouldn't like that, but not for the reason anyone might think. But again...how selfish was that?

"I'm...sorry things didn't work out for you. I really am." Vanilla did mean it. She knew.
"Thanks." Max said with a smile, "We were just too different, really. If I ever went out with someone else, I'd want to go out with someone -..." Max stopped himself, realizing what he was about to say, 'I can relate to.' and remembered what they had just talked about. He didn't know how to save this one, so he gave up a little, "I don't know. I don't really know what kind of dog, really." His voice echoed of a made-up answer.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Well...good," said Vanilla. She kind of knew that he had dated Winter. Part of her hoped that he had given up the idea of getting involved romantically again. Another part felt guilty for thinking such a thing. She wondered how she would feel if he were interested in someone else who was not her. She realized she wouldn't like that, but not for the reason anyone might think. But again...how selfish was that?

"Thanks." Max said with a smile, "We were just too different, really. If I ever went out with someone else, I'd want to go out with someone -..." Max stopped himself, realizing what he was about to say, 'I can relate to.' and remembered what they had just talked about. He didn't know how to save this one, so he gave up a little, "I don't know. I don't really know what kind of dog, really." His voice echoed of a made-up answer.
Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

"...You're welcome."

She nodded at his words. But then she caught him when he stopped himself. "Someone...what?"

This made her wary again.

"...I wouldn't want to go out with anyone else myself."

She clapped a paw to her face.

"...with ANYONE, myself. No 'else'."

Oh, NO!!! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

"...You're welcome."

She nodded at his words. But then she caught him when he stopped himself. "Someone...you can relate to."

Max caught her Freudian slip, and looked somewhere off to the left, "No, I know what you meant." He said with a understanding nod, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shuffled her weight from one foot to another.

"...You're welcome."

She nodded at his words. But then she caught him when he stopped himself. "Someone...you can relate to."

Max caught her Freudian slip, and looked somewhere off to the left, "No, I know what you meant." He said with a understanding nod, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible.
Vanilla groaned. "I didn't mean YOU."

She shuddered. "I don't want to talk about it."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned. "I didn't mean YOU."

"I know that." He replied, "Then we don't have to talk about it."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned. "I didn't mean YOU."

"I know that." He replied, "Then we don't have to talk about it."
Vanilla groaned.

"Why do you have to be so nice all the time? And why doesn't that make me happy?"

She sighed.

"Why can't I believe this will last, without you having to move in with me and Honey to make that happen?"

She hung her head.

"I mean...I do appreciate your saying that. I should have just said so. Why can't I be nicer too?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Seth wrote:Conrad stood where Awesome had started and closed his eyes
Ready when you guys are.
Shiro nodded to what Conrad had said, even though the other dog couldn't see him anymore, and moved quietly into a good position. Closing his eyes he drew in a deep breath and focused on his his senses of sound and touch. Feeling he was ready, he nodded to himself and got ready to give his first signal.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke readjusted his apron, some how it had managed to get a little too tight. "Argh, Today is so sloooow" he sighed, Ms. Takanowa had gone shopping and her raccoon, Ian , was dog knows where, so he was left to watch the pet shop. "I hope Ms.Takanowa gets back, or at least someone comes in..."

(Sorry cant do colors phone wont let me)
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Rendak

Post by Rendak »

44R0NM10 wrote:"Would you believe the same reason I kissed you?" Sly began, somewhat mocking Aethon, but making sure it wasn't obvious. Giving just a second to lose his eyes and think, he slowly said: "I guess...I guess I kissed Liz because I care for her...a lot, I mean..."
Aethon stared at Sly for a second, wondering f he was telling the truth, then deciding he was. He looked to Rendak's house and the to Liz, then looked "And how long have you cared for her..?"Sly in the eyes again.
Husky's are the best dang dog in the existence of ever, fluffy and exciting, lovable and loving, cuddly and warm!

Don't be afraid to hit me up for my skype!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Awesome jobbed to 1 side, being slightly careful where he stood, though his footprints would obviously be heard. Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath and goes for a plan. He wasn't sure how much he could use the environment without cheating, so he stood far away from a tree. He felt a wind in his face, and smelt both Conrod and Shiro's scent so smiled. He barked loudly, giving off his signal. Round 2 had officially began.

(They're still in the park Quartz. I guess the pets just haven't noticed you since they're so busy in the game, or they're at the other side of the park. Last I checked, the park is a fairly big one after all.)

-----------------------

Sly looked towards Liz, and bit his lips. He could lie to Aethon, but didn't know if then fox could read his thoughts. At the same time, he ran the risk of saying something wrong in front of Liz and causing her to think badly of him. Sighing, he looked back towards Aethon, with a glare in his eyes, as if saying "threatening me won't give you a better answer". Slowly, he began to say: "I-I don't know... probably as long as I've known Rendak for...maybe more, maybe less, it's been a long time."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned.

"Why do you have to be so nice all the time? And why doesn't that make me happy?"

She sighed.

"Why can't I believe this will last, without you having to move in with me and Honey to make that happen?"

She hung her head.

"I mean...I do appreciate your saying that. I should have just said so. Why can't I be nicer too?"
"To me, it sounds like you're purposely not letting yourself be happy about this, or believe it." Max offered a thought.

--
44R0NM10 wrote:Sly looked towards Liz, and bit his lips. He could lie to Aethon, but didn't know if then fox could read his thoughts. At the same time, he ran the risk of saying something wrong in front of Liz and causing her to think badly of him. Sighing, he looked back towards Aethon, with a glare in his eyes, as if saying "threatening me won't give you a better answer". Slowly, he began to say: "I-I don't know... probably as long as I've known Rendak for...maybe more, maybe less, it's been a long time."
Liz stayed where she was, and watched the Sly and Aethon's exchange. She listened to what Sly was saying, but hardly paid attention. She was, more than anything, worried about him. She didn't want Aethon to do anything drastic, or hurt Sly.

Morrigan had found her way to the two cats and the fox, and was perched high above them in a tree, spying on them.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla groaned.

She sighed.

She hung her head.

"To me, it sounds like you're purposely not letting yourself be happy about this, or believe it." Max offered a thought.
"WHY, though? Why can't I let myself be happy, and believe it? Is my fear that deep-seated and irrational? Can I change?"

Vanilla doubted Max would be able to answer that question, but part of her hoped he could.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"WHY, though? Why can't I let myself be happy, and believe it? Is my fear that deep-seated and irrational? Can I change?"

Vanilla doubted Max would be able to answer that question, but part of her hoped he could.
"I think so." Max answered her, "I mean, the way you're talking about it, it seems like you want to change." He said.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"WHY, though? Why can't I let myself be happy, and believe it? Is my fear that deep-seated and irrational? Can I change?"

"I think so." Max answered her, "I mean, the way you're talking about it, it seems like you want to change." He said.
Vanilla bit her lip. Hard.

"I DO want to change, but...I'm afraid of getting hurt again...."

She pulled her hood over her face.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla bit her lip. Hard.

"Do you trust me, Vanilla?" Max said, through serious nerves.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla bit her lip. Hard.

"Do you trust me, Vanilla?" Max said, through serious nerves.
Vanilla bit her teeth down, and clamped her lips over her teeth.

"I...."

She whined.

"I...I don't KNOW."

She wished she could crawl into a hole.

"I WANT to.... You've given me no reason not to...."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla bit her teeth down, and clamped her lips over her teeth.

"I...."

She whined.

"I...I don't KNOW."

Max could see the hesitation and stress in her voice. He wanted to let up, but he knew he couldn't, "Vanilla, you either trust me or you don't."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla bit her teeth down, and clamped her lips over her teeth.

"I...."

She whined.

"I...I don't KNOW."

Max could see the hesitation and stress in her voice. He wanted to let up, but he knew he couldn't, "Vanilla, you either trust me or you don't."
Vanilla whined. She began to feel like she was being abused--again.

But no--that couldn't be. She'd said it herself--he had given her no reason to think that.

But still...why was he putting her in this situation? It wasn't fair.

She turned away from him. "Kibble...." she said in a quivering voice.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla whined. She began to feel like she was being abused--again.

But no--that couldn't be. She'd said it herself--he had given her no reason to think that.

"I don't want to hurt you, Vanilla." He said, "I'm sorry for putting you in a corner like this, but I'm not going to hurt you."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla whined. She began to feel like she was being abused--again.

"I don't want to hurt you, Vanilla." He said, "I'm sorry for putting you in a corner like this, but I'm not going to hurt you."
Vanilla sighed.

"I believe you...."

Her ears perked up. She realized that she meant that. She DID believe him.

Did that mean that she TRUSTED him too?

She was still afraid....

...but was it worth possibly losing an ideal friend because of her own irrational emotions?

Was it worth that?

Really?

No. She would not let that happen. Not this time. She was still afraid, but she would not let it conquer her. Not this time.

"I...I DO trust you, Max. I DO."

Her legs felt like Jell-O after saying this.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed.

"I believe you...."

She was still afraid....

...but was it worth possibly losing an ideal friend because of her own irrational emotions?

Was it worth that?

Really?

No. She would not let that happen. Not this time. She was still afraid, but she would not let it conquer her. Not this time.

Max couldn't help but turn the corners of his mouth up in a very small smile, "So do you trust that I won't hurt you?" He asked.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed.

"I believe you...."

She was still afraid....

Was it worth that?

Really?

Max couldn't help but turn the corners of his mouth up in a very small smile, "So do you trust that I won't hurt you?" He asked.
Vanilla ground her teeth.

"...Yes. I do trust that you won't hurt me."

Vanilla began to tremble all over, as if considering the possibility that he might try to hurt her right then and there. She fought desperately to get that idea out of her mind.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla ground her teeth.

Vanilla began to tremble all over, as if considering the possibility that he might try to hurt her right then and there. She fought desperately to get that idea out of her mind.
Max didn't know what to say, his normal endless stream of words was gone. He didn't know what else to do, besides take a chance again. Max extended his arm, and gently placed his paw on her arm.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla ground her teeth.

Max didn't know what to say, his normal endless stream of words was gone. He didn't know what else to do, besides take a chance again. Max extended his arm, and gently placed his paw on her arm.
Vanilla's ears and fur shot up when Max put his paw on her arm.

She kept her deadpan countenance, but ever so slowly reached out her other arm, gently removed Max's paw, and said, "Don't do that. ...Please."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla's ears and fur shot up when Max put his paw on her arm.

She kept her deadpan countenance, but ever so slowly reached out her other arm, gently removed Max's paw, and said, "Don't do that. ...Please."
Max withdrew his paw and set it by his side, "I won't." He said, with a nod. In his head, he kicked himself mentally. Stupid, why did he do that? He didn't ruin all that talk and confidence, did he?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla's ears and fur shot up when Max put his paw on her arm.

Max withdrew his paw and set it by his side, "I won't." He said, with a nod. In his head, he kicked himself mentally. Stupid, why did he do that? He didn't ruin all that talk and confidence, did he?
Vanilla cocked her head.

Something about his demeanor hinted at a certain level of insecurity. She recognized it as she was intimate with that feeling.

Why had she not seen it in him before? Was it because she was so concerned about herself? Was she that self-centered?

"...I just don't like that kind of intimate touch, is all. It reeks too much of...you know."

She didn't want to say it out loud. She didn't want to talk about that subject--it was already risky, her being friends with a boy.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla cocked her head.

Something about his demeanor hinted at a certain level of insecurity. She recognized it as she was intimate with that feeling.

Why had she not seen it in him before? Was it because she was so concerned about herself? Was she that self-centered?

"...I just don't like that kind of intimate touch, is all. It reeks too much of...you know."

She didn't want to say it out loud. She didn't want to talk about that subject--it was already risky, her being friends with a boy.
Max nodded, "I understand, no need to say more." Max said, holding up a paw. He recognized her expression as someone who was thinking about something very hard. He couldn't help but feel like he had pushed her away.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:Max nodded, "I understand, no need to say more." Max said, holding up a paw. He recognized her expression as someone who was thinking about something very hard. He couldn't help but feel like he had pushed her away.
Vanilla sighed. Was this going to be a co-dependent relationship?

"Max...DON'T do this. Please. It was a BIG step for me to say that I trusted you. It's going to take a LOT more to undo that than you touching me."
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed. Was this going to be a co-dependent relationship?

"Max...DON'T do this. Please. It was a BIG step for me to say that I trusted you. It's going to take a LOT more to undo that than you touching me."
Max nodded, understanding. He felt much more secure, but kept some guilt, "I do understand, Vanilla. And I do know how big of a step that was for you to say that." He said, hoping to ease her.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla sighed. Was this going to be a co-dependent relationship?

Max nodded, understanding. He felt much more secure, but kept some guilt, "I do understand, Vanilla. And I do know how big of a step that was for you to say that." He said, hoping to ease her.
"Good," said Vanilla. "You have NO idea...."

She started to slouch over.

"I feel like I just threw off a HUGE burden--but I haven't gotten my sea legs yet."

She paused.

"So...how are you?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Good," said Vanilla. "You have NO idea...."

"I feel like I just threw off a HUGE burden--but I haven't gotten my sea legs yet."

She paused.

"So...how are you?"
Max nodded, "I feel kind of the same way. But I'm feeling alright."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:"Good," said Vanilla. "You have NO idea...."

She paused.

"So...how are you?"
Max nodded, "I feel kind of the same way. But I'm feeling alright."
Vanilla cocked her head again in confusion.

"What burden did you throw off?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla cocked her head again in confusion.

Max shrugged, "I have absolutely no idea. I just have that feeling, for some reason."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla cocked her head again in confusion.

Max shrugged, "I have absolutely no idea. I just have that feeling, for some reason."
Vanilla shrugged.

"What do you say we get off the subject and get back to the walk?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

ChewyChewy wrote:Vanilla shrugged.

"What do you say we get off the subject and get back to the walk?"
Max nodded, "That sounds like a good idea." Max said, standing up and brushing the dirt and stuff off of his fur.
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

44R0NM10 wrote:Awesome jobbed to 1 side, being slightly careful where he stood, though his footprints would obviously be heard. Closing his eyes, he takes a deep breath and goes for a plan. He wasn't sure how much he could use the environment without cheating, so he stood far away from a tree. He felt a wind in his face, and smelt both Conrod and Shiro's scent so smiled. He barked loudly, giving off his signal. Round 2 had officially began.

Shiro echoed Awesome's bark as closely as he could and began counting of the seconds before he could move. He knew just from the way Conrad had spoken that this round was going to play in a completely different way. All he could do for now though, was wait out his three seconds, and keep his ears open.