17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Eh, this cat's harmless. I've already let him catch me once before." Tack brushes off Bowsprits fears.

As the fox approaches the group Tackle bears his teeth. "The devil indeed." he says to Pinch. "You'd better be watching your back, fox. I'll be repaying your hospitality in kind, of that you can be sure!"

Unlike the fox, Tack cannot hold in his laughter at Pinch on top of the captain's hat. That rat has pluck, he thinks. He will have to see if he can recruit him - that is, if Bowsprit hasn't managed to turn him yet.

After the captain stomps off, he decides to rib the cat. "Aye, that's right, I remember that. You weren't "feline" good by the end of it, were you? Hehe, swingin' back and forth like a giant plumb-line and hollerin' like a gull, that was a sight to see." he giggles.
Cedric is unappreciative of the reference to his species. "You watch your tongue, rat, or I'll take you up a league and drop you on your head into the water. We seagulls are a noble race and-" He is cut off by Tack howling with laughter.
"Are you kidding? Gulls, noble? You squabble over the smallest morsel of food like the sharks over the galley scraps! You couldn't lift me anyway!"
Cedric narrows his angry glare on the rat. "Don't! Tempt me to try. You'd be surprised at what I can do. Did it never occur to you to wonder why I was knighted?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin raised an eyebrow. That was a good question.
"How were you knighted, Sir Cedric?" If anything Jin loved hearing a good story. He ignored the rat's ribbing.... for now anyways.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric is a stickler for semantics. "How was I knighted? In the same way as anybody else, of course. I knelt down and the King bestowed his blessing and touched his ceremonial sword to my head and shoulders."
Tackle has to suppres another giggle. "Well, cat, you did ask 'how' he was knighted."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"For the love ah..." Jin groaned. A part of him now wondering why he hadn't eaten them both sooner.
"Here.". Jin lifted Tackle up and placed him on top of his head.
"Stay put. I'll need two paws in case ah want tah strangle this bird.". Then with a sigh he asked again.
"Okay, sar Cedric. What 'noble deed' got yah knighted by the King?".

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric is already standing on the railing so he can't back away from the cat any further but he raises his wings in preparation for flight in case the cat tries to follow through with his threat. He has had time to rehearse his story for just such an occasion but he's a little flustered by the cat advancing toward him, paws outstretched. "Well, I-I-I saved his life, of course. I intercepted a carrier pigeon - at great personal risk, I might add - who had the locations of where the rebels were going to ambush him along the road and I delivered the information to the King personally, thereby allowing him to avoid said ambush. He was most grateful and bestowed upon me the title which I now bear with pride and dignity."

~#~#~

"I wonder if I can control you by pulling your ears or if that's just in the stories." Tack muses as he is placed on the cat's head.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Hotep the psychic wrote:soon after the captain left blacks shook his head and left to the ocelot standing by the main mast.
Patrick witnessed the scene where the captain yelled at Blacks and the other car, though with his limited knowledge he couldn't understand anything.

Once Blacks came to him, he raised a hand, greeting the fox

"Blacks!" he said "Capatin omozoma. Tleika?"*

-----------

* he still has difficulties pronouncing "Captain". translation: "The captain became angry. Why?"
Last edited by The Moon Howler on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit arrives panting as Pinch slips into the fold of the sail. "Are you crazy, rat? This human isn't a popinjay like some of the officers, don't let his pretty clothes and skinny sword fool you, I've seen him fight. I wouldn't put it past him to wrestle a lion and win."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin smirked, lowering his hands.
"Sure sure. An does sar knight have an proof of his knightlyhood?"
Hlaoroo wrote:"I wonder if I can control you by pulling your ears or if that's just in the stories." Tack muses as he is placed on the cat's head.
"Highly doubt it.". Jin said, chuckling.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Well, it's rather heavy for one to carry around with oneself. It's in my nest back in England. I didn't have it with me when I was blown off course by that nasty storm. Why the sudden interest in my past? It's not polite to pry into one's private affairs, you know."

~#~#~

Tack can't resist giving an experimental tug on the cat's left ear, just to see what would happen. He reasons that it should be OK, after all, it's only the cats that have to watch out for curiosity, right?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Hey, yar the one that started it.". Jin grinned.
Suddenly Jin felt a tug on his left ear and his body jerked quickly in that direction.
"Ay! What was that for? I'd like tah keep my ears on my head thank ya very much."

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cedric harrumphs and turns back to his fish.

Tack giggles. "So you do turn when I pull. I wonder what happens if I pull both?" He takes a hold of the cat's other ear.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Blacks looked at the ocelot, and thought for a moment to gather his thoughts "quimon matico tocon Espanol, temach moc" blacks said to the ocelot.
Translation-he wants you to know spanish, im gonna teach you.
------

pinch waved the large hat feather at bowsprit softly hitting her, "ah come off, all for fun, decides all that and I got a soft feather" pinch said laying there
Last edited by Hotep the psychic on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bowsprit sighs. "And if he'd been facing the rail you'd be fish food now."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote:Cedric harrumphs and turns back to his fish.

Tack giggles. "So you do turn when I pull. I wonder what happens if I pull both?" He takes a hold of the cat's other ear.
Jin gives an exasperated sigh as he feels his other ear being grabbed. He crossed his arms across his chest.
"Yeh know. Ah could just eat yah right now if I wanted to. In five seconds, gone, jus like that."

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Hotep the psychic wrote:Blacks looked at the ocelot, and thought for a moment to gather his thoughts "quimon matico tocon Espanol, temach moc" blacks said to the ocelot.
Translation-he wants you to know spanish, im gonna teach you.
Patrick nodded. "Cah!"* he said. "Pehua immanon."**

----------

translation:
* - "Agreed."
** - "Begin then."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

A slow smile spreads over Tack's face as he has a sudden idea.
"Ah," he answers the cat, "But you're not going to eat me, are you? I know you're not. Know how I know that?" he pauses for a moment to give the cat a chance to respond and then continues without relaxing his grip on the cat's ears.
"I'll tell you how I know. Firstly, perched on your noggin as I am, I'm in a powerful position. You try anything and I can do some serious damage from up here. Not a threat, just saying. Secondly, if you'd really wanted to eat me you'd have done it long before now - you've certainly had enough opportunities. Thirdly, I think we can work together for our mutual benefit, don't you agree? You have something I want, I have something you want. Why don't we make a deal?"
He looks meaningfully at Cedric who huffs "I know when I'm not wanted." and flaps across to the capstan at the other end of the ship to finish his fish and to preen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Midmorning the news goes out, the ship is sailing back to the islands to forage for fresh food and water, maybe trade with the natives if any can be found. The human crew and more acrobatic animals are sent aloft to set the sails for a leisurely half-day under way.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

After finishing most of his duties, tiki decided to see what jin was up to. When he reached jin , he noticed that he was talking to himself. Tiki for some reason didn't smell or hear the rat. "Who you talkin to jin?"
Hotep the psychic

After some teaching blacks left to aid in the sails then came back to continue teaching the ocelot Spanish,
----
pinch was now in the galley again he found lots of food to gorge himself but was focused in finding a chicken leg or Italian bread. he scurried around a corner to find the cook and went back hiding from him, he then turned the corner hiding behind the many utensils and jars.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Before Jin had a chance to respond to Tackle, he heard Tiki's voice behind him.
Quickly swiveling around he puts on a grin.
"Hey thar Tiki.". The cat gave a small wave. " Ah was talkin tah tha seagull. Flew off a second ago.". Which was true.

Ref Ref!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

"That's interesting. What you getting ready to do now?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I hope he's getting ready to help unfurl the mainsail." grumbles a passing human sailor on his way up the rigging.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Christopher was already ready to jump into action to help unfurl the sail. sailing was always his favorite ppart of being in the ship. he got to be helpful and climb stuff.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As the ship explodes into a hive of activity in preparation for the imminent sailing Cedric finished his fish and then flaps from the capstan to the stern railing as several sailors appear with the bars to raise the anchor.

Tackle stays still and quiet without relaxing his grip on the cat's ears when the otter addresses the cat, waiting to see if he'll be noticed.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Argent wrote:"I hope he's getting ready to help unfurl the mainsail." grumbles a passing human sailor on his way up the rigging.
Jin shrugs.
"Guess that means I'm gettin ready tah help unfurl tha mainsail.". He signals for Riki to join him and gets to work. Besides, he wanted to speak with the otter afterwards.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Tackle has to cling to Jin's ears for dear life as the cat scales the rigging and starts hauling ropes.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

The Moon Howler

Hotep the psychic wrote:After some teaching blacks left to aid in the sails then came back to continue teaching the ocelot Spanish.
Patrick was learning quick, mouthing silently every word, every sound then repeating them happily a few times like a small cub. Ti him learning the new language was fun, mostly because most of the words sounded funny to him.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Gulley was nervously but luckily scurrying about the mess hall still when the call went out to set sail. There was a number of scraps on the tables today! Probably cause of the business. He had a small pile stashed away in a rafter corner, and was begginning to wonder if he could make off with it all! Or if it would all last! Still though, he was never one to let slip a good opportunity like this go! He darted up the wall again to count his treasures. Biscuit half, biscuit half, bread crumb, sausage crumb (which, he ate right away along with a piece of orange) and more odd and ends bread pieces. About seven in total! He nodded and figured that be it for the day! He stashed most of it in his satchel, then bundled what he could in his arms, and darted down a hole in the rafter!
Hotep the psychic

Pinch was now looking at the cook from behind the jar he was hiding. He then moved closer to a large bread loaf his eyes wide at the sudden beuty of it from hunger.
-----
blacks and patrick now were below deck still teaching and learning, blacks was suprised already how much he taught and how fast the ocelot learned, he was already doing sentences and phrases with him. "Geez this is going so fast i might as well teach him english tommorow" blacks thought continuing his work.

Both then heard the calls for the people to unfurl sails and both looked over, patrick still fascinated by the languege he was learning was re saying everything in his head, the strange words made him smile as to how the sounded and to how they were used, soon his focus went back to blacks to continue learning.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After helping the crew unfurl the sail Jin took a break, leaning against the railing of the ship, letting the wind cool his fur.
"What did you have in mind?". The cat asked, not forgetting what the rat said to him earlier. He felt aroundOhio head to check to see if the rat was actually still on it.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Watch those claws!" Tack exclaims, ducking the swipe and tweaking Jin's ear. "What I had in mind was this: Thanks to that gull you're privy to the movements of the Topsiders. Plus, being a cat you can get closer to the goings on amongst the crew of the ship and the human who calls himself Captain than my rat spies. I want the information which you accquire provided to me on a regular basis. Additionally you can confer protection from the fox and other predators on board. In return, I can give you information on the activities of the Bilgerats. Additionally, if you need some crewman watched inconspicuously or something swiped, I have rats who can provide those services. I have more sway in the Bilgerat court than you might realise. So what do you think?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin flinched slightly when the rat moved his ears. The Great Cat might have given him a silver tongue, but his ears were pretty sensitive, especially after the tip of his right one was torn off.
"Hmm... Ah dun know...". Jin crossed his arms, leaning back against the railing. He was used to being the one making the deals, not the other way around. Being on the other side of the table felt weird.
But before he had time to answer a familiar dog walked over to them.
"Are you talking to your self again Jin?". Rhyme asked in her soft voice.
"Hey Rhyme, no its just...". He paused. Then pointed in between his ears.
"I'm talk'in tah this little fella here.".
The dog frowned when she spotted the mouse, looking more concerned than disappointed.
"Your are not going to eat him, are you?".
"What do you think?".
The dog relaxed at the answer, letting out a small smile.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"And just what is that supposed to mean?" queries Tack?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Rather then going back right away, Gulley couldn't help but notice the smell of fresh baked bread. He scuttled away to the galley to get a look. And right away he noticed Pinch.

Oh brother, he's gonna get in trouble.
He thought from a rafter crack in a corner. He whispered a whistle in his direction.
Hotep the psychic

Pinch looked at the cook one time to see him turn away. At that moment he ran to the loaf took a larger crumb and hid again happily smelling the rosemary inside the crumb. Soon he had it in his bag and looked back at the cook, he watched him then soon heard whistling, he looked over to see gulley, "i bet he wants bread to. I should get a larger piece just in case."i pinch thought looking at the cook come back. He then switched hiding places watching the cook and the loaf of bread.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Nothin...". The cat responds with a sigh. "Ya should thank her though. Only a reason yer still alive.".
"It looks like he really has you by the ears.". The dog comments, letting out a small laugh. Jin just rolls his eyes, it didn't help any that Rhyme was making fun of him. And after a moment of thought.
"Fine.". The cat grumbled.
"But that don't mean I'm gonna stop catchin rats.". He glanced at Rhyme as he said this.
"Ya said ah only had to protect you". Speaking to Tackle.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"What, that's it? No questions, no negotiation of the terms?" replies, Tack, a little surprised by and suspicious of the cat's sudden complacency.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin shrugs.
"Yeh. Ah mean it seems fair." the cat scratches the side of his chin idley. "An I'm not one tah pass up on ah a good deal.". He gave a quick glance at Rhyme who nodded curtly.

Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Alright then. It's a deal. Do you have anything for me now?" Tack queries.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Jin shook his head.
"Hey, ya've been with me since ah got up this mornin. Ah got nothin right now."

Ref Ref!