17th Century Fox

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Civilization

Re: 17th Century Fox

Post by Civilization »

Aurora made her way around the dock area yet again, and was quite surprised to see the fox from the group she had ran into before. She cautiously approached him, not that she cared, but he could have been preoccupied with something else. With the two people talking to each other she paid them no mind, "Odd seeing you around here." She said with a smile as she got near enough to the fox to talk.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The canine follows the wolf into the tavern cautiously, the sound of merry drinking and talking flooding her ears as the doors open. Rhyme tried to catch a glance of an foxy figures in the crowd but couldn't find any.
"Where exactly did dis fwend of yours zay she would meet you?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

"oh I'm thinking this is gonna be a fun surprise for her" Rocea chuckled , walking casually into the tavern .
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

The Scottish terrier nestled himself underneath the seat of a wooden bench, trying to find respite in the shade despite the discomfort of laying down on the hard wooden planks. In his right paw was a bottle of rum, lightly grasped around the neck while his thumb was being used as a makeshift cork. From time to time he'd bring the bottle to his mouth, throw back his head and down and swig or two, before returning it to his side. He was down to about a third. Though the ship (really, just a boat) was small, with just Alec and Mauritz currently occupying the vessel, there was ample enough room to stretch out. And it wasn't like he was particularly big, anyway.

His erstwhile companion, wearing a black, wide-brimmed sun hat, however, stood looking out into the horizon, one hand pressed to the mast. "We're closing in on land."

"Aye, you told me that an 'oor ago." Whether it had actually been an hour, he didn't really know - save for the suffocatingly slow movement of the sun in the sky and the leisurely draining of his bottle, he had no way to tell the time. That said, they had not been that far off the coast when they'd "borrowed" the ship, so being close to shore was not all that surprising of an event.

"No, I mean there's a harbor here... and a port.

Finally deciding to get up, Alasdair shifted his body, pulling his feet underneath him and rolling over from his back onto his knees. Lifting himself up into a kneeling position, he peeked his head over the side of the ship, his eyes and ears looking out over the edge while his snout was more or less level with it. Sure enough, a small port was looming closer and closer in the distance. Squinting his eyes, he tried to determine what was on the nearest dock, as their little sloop floated slowly towards the small town of Castillo Pato in the calm breeze.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Meanwhile at the job stand where flint, james and pets were going over canidates for the crew for the Impudence the once large crowd thinned some, next to the desk blacks fought another mans pet in a test of his own skill the swords metal clashing as the two fought " ben care for a turn in testing the pets?" Blacks asks standing down with who he faced and shaking paws with him before reporting what he thought on the pet that faced him. "how manys that now Flint?" james asked
------------------
As palgrave went on the spy went back to following palgrave for a moment before seeing one of his dogs up the street motioning him away. the spy then moved to run bumping into palgrave as he passed by,two letters fell out of him to the ground in front of the captain before the spy was off and gone
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Aurora watched the others do whatever this was, probably a recruitment thing, which she found kind of surprising after their conversation on the beach, from were Blacks had been sitting before he started to 'test' the potentials. No where else was being more obvious with their helped wanted advertisement, maybe she could get in and see if there was any more jobs. She certainly seemed to have sneaked right up on them without getting their attention.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Cap'n jumped onto the dock, shaking himself of the water of the ocean. Matey landed next to him on the wooden planks, holding his bandanna in his beak. Cap'n thanked him and wrapped the garment around his neck, fluffing it down to hide the scar.

"Go get rum from the nearest tavern, he says. You'll have to swim back to the ship, he says. Stupid Johnathan not having a backbone, taking orders from that bullhead, I swear."

Cap'n continued to grumble swears and disdain under his breath as he walked towards the town. Matey landed on his head and began looking around for a tavern.

""Ey, Cap'n?"

"Yes, Matey?"

"When we get to the tavern, can I take a couple of doubloons from the barmaids purse when she ain't looking?"

Cap'n chuckled at his antics, but Matey was confused.

"What's so funny?"

Cap'n just laughed louder and finally spotted a tavern. He walked in and leaned against the wall.
Last edited by Mickey on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
ImageImageImageImage (There's actually 6 eggs, but I ran out of links)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Serence Frostbite wrote:"oh I'm thinking this is gonna be a fun surprise for her" Rocea chuckled , walking casually into the tavern .
"Zuprise?" Rhyme asked as she looked around. Though technically she knew they were looking for a fox, the wolf never described what her friend looked like...

Around them the patrons continued to drink jovially though it appeared as though one or two of them began looking Rocea's way. Maybe a vague recollection of when a wolf like her last passed through here?

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Cap'n noticed a couple of animals walking in, a wolf and a dog. He didn't figure that they worked here, he felt like he needed help. With Matey on his head, Cap'n walked over to them.

"Excuse me, ma'ams. Do you happen to know where I can find the bartender? I need to make a deal."

Matey laughed and glide onto the dog's head, hiding in her white fur.
My characters!
I got too many colors to remember. I'll put them here to see. Aren't they nice? Yep! Absolutely!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"The more you are saying, the more er... How you say? ... The more nervous I am getting." Pepito whines.
"Gimmee some water!" Tackle moans.

~#~#~
Palgrave checks his purse again as the man bumps into him and is again relieved to find it safe and sound. He notices the runner had dropped some letters as he checks his purse but the man is long gone so Palgrave decides to ignore the letters. He figures he won't see the person again and besides, the letters aren't his business. It's no skin off his nose if the unapologetic runner gets into trouble anyway. Shrugging the incident off, Palgrave continues up the hill.

~#~#~
The black dog just blinks at Blacks and leans on the stand.
"Nay. I'm not turnin' me back to you. Not after you robbed me master." he answers, his voice flat and slightly rough from years at sea. "I've seen far better swordscreatures than you but yer all we've got to test with at the moment so keep at it. At least I can see how they swing a sword. Test 'er next since she's so chatty." Ben nods in Aurora's direction, revealing that he'd seen her all along.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Hotep the psychic

blacks paused turnin at ben at the comment at his skill in swordplay. "so ye beleive im not doin my best eh? care to prove if ye can do better? decides that day of me robbin your master be long gone, i actually forgot that" blacks said as he looked at ben directly. however on james part he put two and two together, "so thats why the captain wanted us together.....i knew something was up." james said bfore turning to flint, "what do you think so far flint? speaking of the past i apologize again for my dogs actions the day we first joined the crew" james said as he went through the papers
-------------
the letters stayed on the ground after the spy and palgrave left. the spy meeting within minutes with another shady character alone "times up early this time. and the british are wanting the list now." the character said, the spy growled angerly before handing the man the paper. the shady character looked at it for a minute "and you'r certain these are all here? lets see james, palgrave, hosteros, ponderosa, and ficaro eh? good" the man said as he put the paper away before turning his back on the spy. "make sure you get the ships also. theres ships ready to intercept them when they leave this place." the man said before leaving without a trace. the spy growled angerly before leaving himself and going towards the harbor once again
ImageImageImage
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

While Cap'n continued to look around for a bartender while he patiently waited for an answer from the wolf and the husky, Matey took to messing with the guests within the tavern. He never took anything, not yet anyway, but he simply flew around, landing on peoples heads.

Matey had flown back to Cap'n, laughing at some of the still confused people. He looked around, his beak suddenly dropping.

"That's a beauty...."

Matey was referring to the coin slightly hanging out of a mans pocket. It had a red diamond-shaped jewel in the middle and everything about it was catching Matey's green eyes. He looked down at Cap'n.

He didn't make me promise not to steal.

Matey flew towards the man and landed behind him. He slowly reached his beak up and carefully began removing the coin from his pocket. He smiled when he successfully removed the coin and quickly stuffed it into his satchel. He began to fly away when he felt something stomp down on his tail feathers. He made a strangled noise and turned his head to look up at the man whom he had stolen from.

"Heheh. 'Ello. CAP'N HELP!"

"Matey?"

Cap'n saw the man pick up his bird friend by the neck and the otter pulled out his cutlass. He marched up to him and cleared his throat. The man looked around for the source.

"Down 'ere.

The man looked down and suddenly had a cutlass pointed at him.

"Let the bird go or you'll be facing some dire consequences."

Laughter erupted from the man and he just smiled down at the otter.

"What could ya possibly do?"

"You'll find out if ya don't drop 'im!"
My characters!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Alasdair's gaze coastward was abruptly halted when a coil of rope was thrown at him. One strand managed to get caught on his head while the rest fell limply on his shoulder or off to his side. The terrier made a disgruntled turn towards the only possible source of the disruption - his human compatriot and only shipmate. He gave the man a stern glare, but his companion would have none of it.

"Oh, don't look at me that way - we must make ready for port."

Alasdair gave only a indignant grunt before quickly downing the rest of the bottle he still clutched in his right paw. Looking with one eye down the neck of the bottle to make sure he had drained the last drop of it, he haphazardly tossed it over his shoulder, letting it land with a clink on the wooden boards before rolling its way underneath one of the benches. With reticence, the dog slowly got up onto his hindpaws and began to help make ready their sloop to enter the port of Castillo Pato.

Soon enough, the ship had reached the docks and the two made themselves busy tying the ship down. As Alasdair finished one of his knots, he noticed Mauritz hovering over him. "Remember," Mauritz said, in a whispered tone, so as not to be overheard, though there was no one in their vicinity. Using both hands, he pointed his thumbs towards his own chest. "Miguel." Rotating his hands, he extended his index fingers towards Alasdair. "Rodrigo." Nonchalantly, and much less quietly, 'Rodrigo' responded, "I dun't know why you got yer britches in a bunch, but aye, Señor Miguel," letting the second to last word drip with sarcasm, before changing the subject. "I s'pose we awht to go and find th' harbermaster..."
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

The otter will feel a cold barrel pressing into the back of his skull accompanied by a clicking sound and the human will find a pistol levelled at his head, grasped in the steady and deceptively strong paw of a shapely fox. This is Isabella, queen of the pets of Castillo Pato, and resident pet of the tavern owner.
'I trust, gentlemen, that we are not going to have any trouble and that all property shall be reunited with its owners?" she says, her voice light and almost musical.

~#~#~
"No need." a stern voice cuts across Mauritz and Alasdair's thoughts. Looking up, the pair will see an imposing uniformed figure holding a ledger book in one hand, the other hand resting on a sheathed rapier. "It's a shilling to tie your boat up at the dock. Names, please."

~#~#~
Ben snorts. "Did I say that? I can easily do better. But I'm not turning my back on you. ou may have forgotten but I have not. Now test that ferret."
Flint ignores the apology. "Not enough. Do him with the ferret next." he answers simply.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:The otter will feel a cold barrel pressing into the back of his skull accompanied by a clicking sound and the human will find a pistol levelled at his head, grasped in the steady and deceptively strong paw of a shapely fox. This is Isabella, queen of the pets of Castillo Pato, and resident pet of the tavern owner.
'I trust, gentlemen, that we are not going to have any trouble and that all property shall be reunited with its owners?" she says, her voice light and almost musical.
Neither party moved. They listened to everything she said and Cap'n dropped his cutlass, raising his paws in defeat. The man dropped Matey and the bird scrambled behind Cap'n.

"Return what ya took, Matey."

Matey pulled the coin from his bag and the man kneeled to accept it. Once everything was back where it belonged, still neither moved from their positions at gunpoint.

"Everything's back where it belongs. Could ya let up now?"
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

James nods as he began testing the ferret. Blacks growled in anger of bens words, he didnt like him now. However when blacks drew his sword his anger was clearly showing. He tested the ferret thwn in the final moment stuck the sword into the ground and walked off without a word. "Blacks!..Blast that fox....."james called out. He knew blacks needed some rime but it wasnt a time for him to do so. "ugh, of all things blacks why do this now?" james questioned as he then tested another man. Blacks moved along the road about the same direction palgrave went.

James looked at flint, then towards where blacks went off. "il go get him back, stubborn filth will disaer if i dont." james said passing his tall stack of testers papers to flint. "perhaps you and your dog can actually do some work woth us like were supposed to in the meantime?unlike your untrusting skins did sitting about watching us like common criminals" James fired before walking off to find blacks. The pile of papers he had showing a large amount of steady work, each paper filled out with a man or pets name and what he observed of them.
ImageImageImage
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

"No need." a stern voice cuts across Mauritz and Alasdair's thoughts. Looking up, the pair will see an imposing uniformed figure holding a ledger book in one hand, the other hand resting on a sheathed rapier. "It's a shilling to tie your boat up at the dock. Names, please."

"Speak o' th' devil," muttered Alasdair under his breath, before turning around to face the harbormaster. Hopefully he hadn't heard too much of that. Still the words piqued his curiosity - an Englishman, asking for shillings? If this was an English outpost, that would save them a lot of trouble, though he'd never heard of an English settlement around here. Still, as he made an aside glance towards Mauritz, the man stood silent and only gave a slight nod towards the uniformed figure, which meant he intended to keep up this charade until he was absolutely certain he wasn't going to hang from a Spanish noose. Which meant introductions were up to him, since this sham depended on the fact that he was supposedly the only one who spoke English.

Giving a slight bow, Alasdair extended his arms outward towards his companion. "Good day to ye, sir. This is me master," - the word bristled inside of him, though he made no outward sign of it - "Señor Miguel Fransisco Gaspares." He tried to give the name some of its Spanish flair with his Scotch accent... but mostly failed. Still, the prompt got Mauritz to take off his cap and make a polite bow of his own.

"Buenos dias, mi amigo. [Good day, my friend.]"

"And I be..." Alasdair briefly paused, realizing that since he was giving the introductions this time, he didn't necessarily have to go by Rodrigo, a name he didn't particularly like. Quickly thinking of a suitable substitute that wouldn't necessarily blow their cover, he continued. "Rory Casper, his dog n' interpreter. A pleasure." He thought he saw Mauritz give him an odd look, but paid no attention to it.

Introductions done, he expected to Mauritz to hand over the cash - shilling needed no translation - but after a few moments with no exchange, he looked at Mauritz before the problem dawned on him. They hadn't had dealings with the English in some time, and Mauritz was only carrying Spanish pieces of eight and a few Dutch guilders, which meant paying in shillings was... problematic.

"Apologies, I'm afraid we dun't 'ave any English coin. Will Spanish reals work?"
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP chars:
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Aurora stood there casually as the others continued on with what they were doing until the dog pointed her out. Then she stood at the ready, only to have the others still continue to go on, until the dog pointed her out again. Which kind of surprised her that someone would do that repeatedly in such a way that wasn't to get her in trouble. She pulled out her sword when she was 'tested' doing everything she knew how to to defend herself only without lashing out. When Blacks finished and walked off she calmly put her sword back into the scabbard on her belt. She continued to wait where she was, just to continue to get a look around at the place and see if there was anything else around.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:The otter will feel a cold barrel pressing into the back of his skull accompanied by a clicking sound and the human will find a pistol levelled at his head, grasped in the steady and deceptively strong paw of a shapely fox. This is Isabella, queen of the pets of Castillo Pato, and resident pet of the tavern owner.
"hey I know that voice" Rocea said , skipping toward the fox
"here we go , stay quiet if you value your lives mates" ventus whispered to the rats
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wow... Zhat really is something..." The shepherd dog mumbled as she followed after Rocea, the back of her paw reflexively touching the handle of the sword on her belt.

Ref Ref!
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Matey shook with fear and Cap'n didn't move an inch. Slowly, Cap'n kneeled and picked up his cutlass.

"I'm just puttin' back where it belongs.

He carefully put it back in it's holster. He slowly turned around to face the fox, Matey still cowering behind him. His paws were still in the air and his face was calm.

"Sorry fer any trouble may 'ave caused."
My characters!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Gooood." Isabella drawls as she returns her pistols to their holsters. "I'd hate to make a mess of my tavern. It's so hard to find pets willing to clean the blood from the floor. Now, why don't you go buy me a drink to make up for the trouble you caused, otter?" she suggests, her tone dangerous yet almost flirtatious.
Serence Frostbite wrote:"hey I know that voice" Rocea said , skipping toward the fox
To terrified to speak, the rats just nod as quick as a flash the pistols are cocked and pointed straight at the black wolf's nose.
"And I know that voice! What, pray tell, are you doing back here? I thought you were driven off after the chaos you created and the damage you did! You've one chance to explain yourself and I'd better like what I hear!"

~#~#~
Ben and Flint glance at each other and roll their eyes before taking over from Blacks and James as the pair disappear. This will definitely be reported to the captain.
"Name, rank and references, please." Ben says to a human while Ben sizes the ferret up.
"Not bad. But not great. Let's see what you can do against a master swordsbeast." Without any warning, Ben whips a short rapier from his belt and lunges at Aurora.

~#~#~
The harbourmaster nods. "Very good." he answers in Spanish. "You passed the test. Only one place awaits English spies in Castillo Pato and that's the gallows. And they take very good care of the spies indeed. In fact there's an execution scheduled for midday tomorrow if you wish to attend. Should be quite the spectacle!" The harbourmaster laughs cruelly.
"So, that's four reals." he demands, holding out a hand, knowing the conversion rates. "Though by rights I should charge you five for that information I just provided."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:"Gooood." Isabella drawls as she returns her pistols to their holsters. "I'd hate to make a mess of my tavern. It's so hard to find pets willing to clean the blood from the floor. Now, why don't you go buy me a drink to make up for the trouble you caused, otter?" she suggests, her tone dangerous yet almost flirtatious.
"You ain't gotta buy nothing, Cap'n."

Matey flies up and lands on Cap'n's head, pecking him a bit. Cap'n couldn't help but smile. Matey flew up and landed on the Isabella's shoulder.

"Hey, ma'am. Cap'n ain't done nothing, it was I who stole. Cap'n was just tryin' to protect me. I'll buy ya that drink, if ya still want it."

Cap'n smiles and puts his paws on his cocked hips. He looked like a dad in that position.

"Mature little birdie."
My characters!
Hotep the psychic

Blacks kept walking along the road as he was followed by James "BLACKS YOU STUPID DOG! YOUR GONNA ONLY BE CAUSING MORE TROUBLE!" james yelled clearly he was angry, and its sudden outburst. Blacks froze growliing when james finnally caught up with him and stepped on something that made a loud crinkle. he looked down seeing letters and picked them up before shaking his head and stuffing them into his pocket with little regard to whos they were. the two knew that what they did now was going to be reported but blacks also showed he didnt want to return. After some talking james ended carrying blacks by his neck and walking him back to the stand.

and as it seemed just as they left they returned to ben and flint. Blacks was tossed over nexto to ben as james sat down still angered and went back to his duties. his grumbles could be head about something of a dumb dog and stubborn selffishness. Blacks stood arms crossed and lying down watching ben fight aroura, "I apologize for that flint, Now where are we on our duties." James asked as he waved another man forward. the man James was to see was scrawny and held many different gold pouches, but he also seemed shaky like a nervous thief.
ImageImageImage
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ben and Flint glance at each other and roll their eyes before taking over from Blacks and James as the pair disappear. This will definitely be reported to the captain.
"Name, rank and references, please." Ben says to Aurora's owner while Ben sizes the ferret up.
"Not bad. But not great. Let's see what you can do against a master swordsbeast." Without any warning, Ben whips a short rapier from his belt and lunges at Aurora.
Aurora continued to stand there as the others had their own problems to face. Though she didn't expect to be tested twice, or so fast, it almost caught her unprepared. She was able to get her sword back out to block the first few blows. But there was a little fumbling around and her strikes were wide and missed.

The aggressive style of fighting and the messiness of her fighting in compared to his ticked her off a bit. She got more and more messy with her fighting, lashing out more. Which probably lead to Ben being able to disarm her after hitting him with the side of her sword. She shook her paw after she was disarmed and looked at Ben, preparing to dive for her sword again if there was going to be a round three.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: To terrified to speak, the rats just nod as quick as a flash the pistols are cocked and pointed straight at the black wolf's nose.
"And I know that voice! What, pray tell, are you doing back here? I thought you were driven off after the chaos you created and the damage you did! You've one chance to explain yourself and I'd better like what I hear!"
"well !" Rocea exclaimed "I thought I would come back , visit my old friend, can I not? that ain't no crime, is it?" Rocea winked , poking the gun with her claw "Where did you get this? New toy or is my mind playing trick on me?"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

In a single, smooth movement, Isabella sheats one pistol and grabs the gull around his throat, yanking him off her shoulder.
"In MY tavern he'll do as I say, got that? she hisses dangerously before flinging the bird away and drawing her pistol again. In all that time neither her other pistol nor her eyes left Rocea's head.
"Oh, they're as real as you and me, Rocea! They bite hard too." The fox lets this threat hang ominously in the air for a few moments before lowering the pistols and tucking them back into holsters in a belt worn across her body.
"Visiting is not a crime... So long as you intend to pay off old debts." she admits. "But knowing you you just want more rum." The vixen appears to lean casually on the bar however her muscles are tense, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice.
"Which you're not going to get."

~#~#~
Ben nods at Aurora and sheaths his sword before returning hers, pommel first.
"Not bad. Sloppy. But few creatures can manage to hit me like you did. Well done. I know potential when I see it. Have you skills other than swordsmanship? Where's your owner?"

"Behind, thanks to you and your fox." Flint growls. "Now get back to work. And don't think you're getting your rum ration tonight."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Hlaoroo wrote:Ben nods at Aurora and sheaths his sword before returning hers, pommel first.
"Not bad. Sloppy. But few creatures can manage to hit me like you did. Well done. I know potential when I see it. Have you skills other than swordsmanship? Where's your owner?"

"Behind, thanks to you and your fox." Flint growls. "Now get back to work. And don't think you're getting your rum ration tonight."
Aurora takes her sword back and sheaths it. "Probably, nothing to grand, anything for work. And my owner, busy being productive as I am... As always." She muttered the last part to herself. "Guess I'll get him then." She added, figuring that is what she would have to do after the fox got told to get back to work.
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote:In a single, smooth movement, Isabella sheats one pistol and grabs the gull around his throat, yanking him off her shoulder.
"In MY tavern he'll do as I say, got that? she hisses dangerously before flinging the bird away and drawing her pistol again. In all that time neither her other pistol nor her eyes left Rocea's head.
Matey gagged as he was suddenly grabbed around the neck. He pawed at her gripped with his wings, but he knew it was useless. He listened to each word, nodding as well as he could. Cap'n ran forward and slid to catch him when he was thrown. Cap'n held his bird friend close to his being as he felt rage bubble in his gut. He growled, low and quiet, and he gave an icy glare at Isabella. Matey flew up in front of his eyes and gave him a glare of his own.

"I would prefer flying ya limp body back to the ship, Cap'n. Just buy her the drink, pay for the rum, and let's get out of here."

"But she hurt you! I have ta-"

"You don't have ta do anything. Just buy the sssssss drink!"

Cap'n's eyes bugged slightly at hearing Matey's language, but he soon scoffed and walked over to Isabella. He pulled out his bag of coins and grumbled, "What'll it be, ma'am?"
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:In a single, smooth movement, Isabella sheats one pistol and grabs the gull around his throat, yanking him off her shoulder.
"Oh, they're as real as you and me, Rocea! They bite hard too." The fox lets this threat hang ominously in the air for a few moments before lowering the pistols and tucking them back into holsters in a belt worn across her body.
"Visiting is not a crime... So long as you intend to pay off old debts." she admits. "But knowing you you just want more rum." The vixen appears to lean casually on the bar however her muscles are tense, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice.
"Which you're not going to get."
"Still straight to the point as always." Rocea sighed "Making small talk is fun, you should try it sometimes. Anyway, I got something for ya, can we talk in the back ?"
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

The harbourmaster nods. "Very good." he answers in Spanish. "You passed the test. Only one place awaits English spies in Castillo Pato and that's the gallows. And they take very good care of the spies indeed. In fact there's an execution scheduled for midday tomorrow if you wish to attend. Should be quite the spectacle!" The harbourmaster laughs cruelly.
"So, that's four reals." he demands, holding out a hand, knowing the conversion rates. "Though by rights I should charge you five for that information I just provided."

-
Desperately trying to hide his unease, Mauritz fumbles briefly with his coin purse before managing to produce the requested 4 reals, dropping them into the harbormaster's awaiting palm. ["There you go, señor. I'll keep the event in mind. Now if that'll be all... we'll be off into town.]" Nodding to his canine companion, the two began walking towards the village proper, barring any intervention from the harbormaster.

Once reasonably certain that the harbormaster (or anyone else) is away from earshot, the two begin mumbling a conversation to each other. Given their recent bit of "information", they keep their mutterings to Spanish, gruff as Alasdair was with the language. ["I told you we needed to be Miguel and Rodrigo."] Alasdair gave Mauritz a hard look, for taking it as if he needed to be told. ["Aye, dun't let it git to yer 'ed. But th' thought of th' English bein' 'ere... it smelled like a rottin' fish. And turn'd oot to be one. Th' English settlements are all up n'or in Virginny n' Plymouth, far as I r'mber. Mayhaps a few i'les in the Caribbee, but nuth'n on the main."] Now it was Mauritz's turn to return the glare to his 'faithful' dog, for turning away from their predetermined script. ["Mmhmm. But why 'Rory?' Who knows what you could have gotten us into?!"] Alec gave a defiant harrumph. ["'cause I'm still a Scot, curse ye. It's close enuff."]

Mauritz gave him a look of disapproval and indignation, but dropped the matter. They'd managed to get past their noose-happy welcoming committee and trying to fight the terrier's stubbornness was... likely to be of little help, at the moment. Instead, his focus turned to where the pair was for the time being, and what they needed to do to get back on friendlier shores. ["He said this place was 'Castillo Pato,' no? Happen to know where it is?"] Alec shrugged. ["Ne'er 'eard of it."] ["Neither have I. We still have the sloop, but that won't get us far. We need some way to get back... perhaps to Sint Maarten? I'll need to think of a plan..."] Knowing full well how often Mauritz's 'plans' went (indeed, one of his 'plans' was the reason they were even stuck here in the first place), Alec let a small sigh of exasperation go, before making a quiet prayer under his breath, so that even Mauritz couldn't hear. "Lord 'ave mercy..."
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Thank you and welcome to Castillo Pato!" smiles the harbourmaster, pocketing the money and writing their names in his book before moving on to the next boat.

~#~#~
Isabella stares coolly at the wolf for a few moments before turning to the bar.
"My usual. And a water. The otter is paying." she tells the barman. A few moments later she has her drinks and leads the wolf to a vacant room up a set of stairs as the barman demands twelve maravedies from Cap'n. A maravedi is the smallest unit of currency, equal to a thirty-fourth of a real.
"This is the strongest thing you're getting here." says Isabella, passing Rocea the water. "So what, pray tell, have you brought me? This better be good!" she demands, taking a drink of her ale but only drinking a small amount, desiring a clear head for her dealigns with the wolf.

~#~#~
"Do that. See you soon." Ben says before turning to interview another pet.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Hlaoroo wrote: Isabella stares coolly at the wolf for a few moments before turning to the bar.
"My usual. And a water. The otter is paying." she tells the barman. A few moments later she has her drinks and leads the wolf to a vacant room up a set of stairs as the barman demands twelve maravedies from Cap'n. A maravedi is the smallest unit of currency, equal to a thirty-fourth of a real.
Cap'n waits until Isabella leaves complete before he starts spitting swears and disdain under his breath about her. He sets the needed money on the counter before stomping back to Matey. The seagull landed on his head and pecked him loving before flying around the tavern once more. He landed on people's head and sat there for a moment before they either pet him or swiped at him.
My characters!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

As the pair left the outer docks and headed for the heart of the village, Alec couldn't help but notice a growing commotion. A small cavalcade of humans and animals were gathered around a small outpost on the path from the harbor into town. It was not something he'd normally pay much overly mind to, but for a moment he thought he heard the distinct clatter of steel clashing against steel. He didn't care much for crowds, but a brawl? A little fire stirred in his blood.

["What d'ye think all th' hubbub is fer?"]

["I'm not quite certain. Do you think it'll help us out?"]

["Nay, but..."] A mischievous smile broke out from under his silvery whiskers. ["I think I'll 'ave a gander anyway."]

With this, the terrier made a brisk pace towards the assembly, forcing Mauritz to confusedly bumble along after him.
RP chars:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote: "This is the strongest thing you're getting here." says Isabella, passing Rocea the water. "So what, pray tell, have you brought me? This better be good!" she demands, taking a drink of her ale but only drinking a small amount, desiring a clear head for her dealigns with the wolf.
With a smile , Rocea took the rats out of her satchel, and put them next to the cup of water before tossing a heavy pouch at Isabella
"An apology, and hope that will cover it"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Isabella catches the pouch in one paw and peeks inside it, keeping an eye on the wolf. She's pleased by what she sees.
"Aye. Your debt is paid. And you brought lunch and a snack too." smiles the fox, grabbing Ventus by his tail and dangling him over her open maw.

~#~#~
Seeing Alec come forward so eagerly, Ben catches his eye, his paw on the pommel of his rapier.
"You looking for work, Yappy?" he queries, using a slight against the stereotypical terrier.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Matey lands on Cap'n heads and leans over to look him in the eye.

"Uh, Cap'n. I know ya hate her and all, but we gotta ask that fox miss about the rum."

Cap'n growls and bangs his head against a wall. He sighs and turns, leaning against it instead.

"Grrreat."
My characters!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Hlaoroo wrote:Isabella catches the pouch in one paw and peeks inside it, keeping an eye on the wolf. She's pleased by what she sees.
"Aye. Your debt is paid. And you brought lunch and a snack too." smiles the fox, grabbing Ventus by his tail and dangling him over her open maw.
being caught by surprise , Ventus couldn't do anything but scream for his life , luckily for the rat , Rocea quickly snatched him out of the fox's paw.
"you don't eat a man's parrot , you don't eat wolf's rat mate." she said with a wink.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Yappy. The slight against the Scottie succeeded in getting underneath his skin, but rather than lash out towards the black Lab, Alec takes it in stride. After all, if Ben wanted to have a brief verbal spar, who was he to turn down a duel of words? And besides, the sword at his side had drawn his interest, even if he'd never openly admit it.

"Mebbe. Depends on th' job. If yer lookin' fer sum'n to join yer knittin' club wit' that li'l needle o' yers," derisively referring to the rapier the Labrador was pawing with at his side, "I've got nay interest in makin' frilly frocks. But if'n ye offerin' fer sum'tin more serious..." he balled his right paw and punched into the pad of his left. "Ye got me ear."
Last edited by CosmicCoyote on Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RP chars:
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Ben grins. He likes this little dog. A creature that can dish out as good as he gets is a creature Ben can respect.
"I'm representin' a merchant ship doublin' as a privateer. That serious enough for you? We need deck-hands and fighters. An' I ain't talkin fightin' rats 'though that helps earn your keep. You in?"

~#~#~
"A wolf's rat???" Isabella raises an incredulous eyebrow. "You've gone soft, doggy! You were the best ratter in town once - when the rum wasn't fogging your mind. What changed?"

~#~#~
"Hey, now. What'd tha' wall dooo 'o you?" slurs a deep, accented voice from behind Cap'n, The voice belongs to a somewhat tipsy ships' cat with his left eye covered with a black patch and half his left ear missing.
"Come 'avva drink 'n me! Hey, sweeeetie, ge'this scurvy seeeaaadog a rum!" The cat slips the serving girl, an attractive female tabby, a coin and wolf whistles as she glides across the filthy floor towards the bar. He laughs uproariously as the tabby looks up at the ceiling, clearly rolling her eyes while her back is turned.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters