Pet Friendly: Haven

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly: Haven

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Relaxing her stance, as the shepherd hops around on one paw. noting that he is wearing a collar.
So, did you come all the way out there just to pick on this tree, or did you have some other reason to be in are territory?
"What is it to you?" the dog's eyes narrowed. "And what are you mean 'your' territory? It doesn't belong to anyone. It's a forest.

Swiftpaw fluffed up her tail behind her. She could do this, she had watched and listened carefully to Grif when he recruited new members for the pack before.
I am Swiftpaw of the Griffon pack.
Sweeping her arm in a wide arc, trying to be as showy as possible.
This is the territory that the pack has lain claim to live and hunt in. It is my responsibility to watch-over what is happening within it to keep the pack safe from any possible dangers.
Swiftpaw was beginning to struggle, this was not coming as easy for her to do as it seems it does for Grif. He could talk a bear into giving up his honey.
Would you like to come and visit with the pack? I'm sure my pack leader can explain who we are, and what we are doing alot better then i can. Who knows, you might even like to join up with us. Become a pack member with me and the others, what do you say?

Swiftpaw watched the dog still favoring the foot he kicked the tree with, as he keep putting all his weight back onto his other foot, whenever he tries to stand on it, while they are talking.
Can you travel? or do you need me to help you make the journey to see the pack?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

After a while of running, Connor stops.

"Wait, why did I run so far away just for pine needles?" He asked himself, scratching his head. "Sometimes, connor, you can be a little too enthusiastic.."

He then gathered a large bundle of pine needles, as big as his arms could carry, and used a leaf stem to tie them up. Holding them in his tail, he ran back towards the group, following his own trail of paw-prints. Just like the wolf did..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A confused look crossed North's face as Swiftpaw made her speech. Wait what? A pack? And who is this Griffon guy? Of all the things North never figured wild animals would stick together and help each other. Well... He read about wolf packs once. Did coyotes have packs too. And what's the sudden niceness? If someone intruded on his front lawn he wouldn't hesititste to bark his head off (assuming he didn't know the person/animal). There had to be some kind of angle to this. Maybe an ambush was waiting for him.
"And why would you want someone like me anyways?". He asked suspiciously. "You guys just take in any strays you find? Or am I just gonna end up being tonight's dinner.". He snarled the last sentence.

It was odd though, he thought normally by now the coyote would have attacked. Not... Stopped and chatted. Maybe he was wrong. His body subconsciously relaxed.
Keeshah wrote:Can you travel? or do you need me to help you make the journey to see the pack?
North took a few steps back. "Look, I just met you. I don't even know if I can trust you". He stomach grumbled. Course the help would be nice... But he didn't say that out loud
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:And why would you want someone like me anyways?". He asked suspiciously. "You guys just take in any strays you find? Or am I just gonna end up being tonight's dinner.". He snarled the last sentence.

North took a few steps back. "Look, I just met you. I don't even know if I can trust you". He stomach grumbled. Course the help would be nice... But he didn't say that out loud

Swiftpaw leaned back against the kicked tree. Ahhh her instincts was right, this dog is a stray! not just a dog that wandered away from the camp site and got lost in the woods.
Still she was going to have to work on saying the right thing to get him to join the pack.

You would be surprised at the number of strays that we take in. My pack is made mostly up of stray and runaway pets who have banded together to help each other.
Swiftpaw looked the GSD up and down approvingly, bringing her hand up to rub her chin while doing so.
Who wouldn't want you in there pack? you seem to be young, strong and intelligent. while not too bad to look at as well. Swiftpaw winks.

Awwww don't need to worry, were not allowed to eat other predators. I don't know exactly why, but very bad things can happen if you do.
Swiftpaw moves up to the shepherds side to help take the weight off his injured foot.
I am Swiftpaw, by the way. The packs camping just over this way, it's not too far away.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:She gave them to Felix as she said "This is why carnivores shouldn't forage. Most of them have no idea what they're doing."
"I resent that," the cat said, taking the sunflowers. "I eat a lot of foraged foods." He did, he even had a little 'garden' that he got a lot of his food from. Otherwise there'd be a lot of rabbit furs lining his den.

Felix took out a mixing bowl and started to grind up the pine needles. Then he took the seeds from the sunflowers and began to grind them up in the mix. It resulted in an ugly brown goo of a material. Next water came in and it became a thicker, larger goo. As there was no starch, they would just live without it. He put the bowl close to the fire so that it would warm up and cook. Finally, it was done. Now a brown mush with a bit of a skin on it.

"Alright, we'll do without the starch, it just won't be as effective," the Lynx said, going over to the wolf.
Daxter wrote:"Why can't I make a home here, it's not like I'm gonna eat ya," turning his head away towards the fire, his black and white coat shining like a large gem in the sunlight "I don't do that anymore, just want to be a wolf who can make friends with other animals, not just his own species," laughing, "All they ever like to do is fight, eat and hunt, boring bunch."
"I don't care if you make a home here," Felix said, "It isn't my business where you live, just that you cause me no harm... And at the moment, I should warn you that this stuff will taste awful, stinks and you may want to puke afterward." He held the bowl up to the wolf for him to drink it.

OOC: Blegh, up no sleep, bad post but it works.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hmm... the thought of strays helping each other out did seem appealing. Not that he had any experience with it himself. North thought of himself as an independent dog, capable of taking caring of himself. Course... that was all while he was under the roof of his owner's house and not out in the wild like he was now...
Keeshah wrote:Swiftpaw looked the GSD up and down approvingly, bringing her hand up to rub her chin while doing so.
Who wouldn't want you in there pack? you seem to be young, strong and intelligent. while not too bad to look at as well. Swiftpaw winks.
North made a noise that sounded sort of like a "Hmph!" Unable to tell if her flattery was earnest or if it was just a way of cajoling him to go along with her. He showed no other exterior reaction to the remark other than the twitch of an ear.
Keeshah wrote:Awwww don't need to worry, were not allowed to eat other predators.
"I wasn't worried I was just being...cautious." The shepherd retorted. Trying to make it clear he wasn't "worried", even if he was (alittle).
Keeshah wrote:Swiftpaw moves up to the shepherds side to help take the weight off his injured foot.
I am Swiftpaw, by the way. The packs camping just over this way, it's not too far away.
"North..." The German shepherd murmured. "And just so we're clear, I can take care of myself." He added, out of pride. Even though he reluctantly let the coyote aid him in walking.

Ref Ref!
Daxter

Post by Daxter »

Reluctantly accepting the bowl, he looked down at the thick liquid held in their bowl, the smell powerful enough to knock a bear out if smelt for long enough. He gasped for some air and swiped his paw over the bowl as if he could somehow magically wave the vapours of the foul oudor away. Unsuccesful of course.

He gave a nervous smile at the lynx, trying hard to hold back the fear of...well whatever was in that bowl and without any sensible thought, he lifted the bowl up and gulped it down as best as he could. The liquid was warm down the back of his throat and seemed to continue its rampage towards his gut, his stomach churning and bubbling like an angry volcano.

He gave a sickly smile now to the lyn before dashing past him for the nearest bush, possibly to puke his guts out or something that disgusting or foul for the eyes. Gagging painfully, he groaned as he hurried behind a bush to let the sick out, sounding like some animal was being horribly tortured.
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

"Alright, come on, I'll get you a bucket" Felix said, going and helping the wolf back to the fire. "You'll be sick til' perhaps morning, worst case two mornings from now. There'll be a bit more puking yet. During that time and a little bit afterward you'll just have to be careful cause you won't be thinking clear."

Once the wolf was down safely, Felix went to make a basic bucket. To Pavelle, "do you wanna come along? You can use that knife of yours to make a little bark-bucket" he said, "as long as we can find the right kind of tree."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote:"I wasn't worried I was just being...cautious." The shepherd retorted. Trying to make it clear he wasn't "worried", even if he was (alittle).
being cautious is a very good thing to be, it will keep you out of a lot of trouble.

"North..." The German shepherd murmured. "And just so we're clear, I can take care of myself." He added, out of pride. Even though he reluctantly let the coyote aid him in walking.

Swiftpaw put her arm around his back, and helped him along the trail, leading deeper into the woods.
I'm sure you could. but even the best needs help, now and then..
Swiftpaw remarks, remembering when Ralf appeared to pull her out of the water, before that dang huge catfish dragged out into even deeper water this morning. She was also happy he was around to drag it back to the encampment.

speaking of which, the pair were now walking into the lion's den as it were. amid the shocked stares of of the inhabitants. Swiftpaw leads the shepherd to one scruffy looking dog.
The cunning little coyote stands up formally, and bows to the scruffy looking dog..
Greetings Lord Griffon. I have found a stray wandering in the woods, he informs me that his name is North.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The German shepherd returned the stares with a cold gaze of his own. His fur was bristling from all the unwanted attention. His instincts screamed for him to get out, but his mind told him to stay calm. He bared his teeth menacingly, trying to paint himself as a dog no one should mess with (course that was difficult to do when your supported by a small coyote...)
Keeshah wrote: The cunning little coyote stands up formally, and bows to the scruffy looking dog..
Greetings Lord Griffon. I have found a stray wandering in the woods, he informs me that his name is North.
'Lord' Griffin? Sounds like some animal monarchy... What did this dog do to earn that title? He looked at the coyote as she bowed. That coyote seems to respect him.... North didn't follow Swiftpaw's gesture, but just gave a short nod.

Ref Ref!
caelei

Post by caelei »

"do you wanna come along? You can use that knife of yours to make a little bark-bucket" he said, "as long as we can find the right kind of tree."
Pavelle was glad for a distraction from the agony the wolf seemed to be in. Even though he was a predator --and even of raccoons!-- she didn't like seeing him like this. And since there was nothing she could do to make him better except wait... and since Felix had said that he might not be thinking clearly, which meant his judgement of who and who not to eat could be shattered, well... it'd be better if she left him in peace.

She turned to Felix, saying, "Uh, sure. Sounds good. Lead the way," and then to the wolf, "Don't worry; we'll... be back in a little while. Hang in there." She hated to think it, but this whole wolf thing was actually having a positive influence on her. Now that she had something to do, she had less time to think, and that was good. She didn't like the idea that she was benefiting from another's misfortune, but... well, it was true, kinda. Honestly this situation shouldn't bother her too much. She could remember --it hadn't been that long ago, really!-- when she could steal and lie and break rules and hurt feelings without any whiplash from her conscience. Now... now she was different. Everything was different. She tightened her fingers around the handle of the knife and looked to Felix.

Meanwhile...
The cunning little coyote stands up formally, and bows to the scruffy looking dog..
Griffon looked up from the rock that he had been carefully, carefully inspecting, inch by inch. The old 'use shiny rock as bait' thing generally only worked on rather stupid animals, but still. Each rock had to be carefully selected, each rope trap carefully laid.
But never mind that. Grif's ears swiveled automatically towards the new pair, giving them his full attention, coyote Swiftpaw and... a possible recruit, a dog, GSD it looked like. A breed known for being rather intelligent, watchful, and alert, though of course some exceptions were expected. And this one... Griffon took in the dog's physical traits in the blink of an eye.

Strong, in good shape, good for fighting, good for hunting, perhaps a weak swimmer. That could be amended with a few lessons in the river. Compass collar. Indicating... practicality and loyalty, but loyalty to whom? His owners-- Strike that. Former owners? A loyalty to humans would not be conducive to the mission. If he truly was a stray... Had he forgotten to take off his collar? So, a hidden agenda, or forgetfulness? Unless he planned on using it for cover, to survive in a world dominated by the human species without drawing their attention, and that would indicate foresight, creativity, and cunning. Clean, well taken care of. Personal hygiene, self-value, self-pride. Hurt ankle. Weak. Easily injured. Quick temper, or ungraceful. Acceptance of Swiftpaw's help. A measure of humility. Knowing defeat. Teamwork. Curiosity. Gullibility, perhaps. Baring his teeth at the others, even when outnumbered. Challenge. Bravery, or stupidity. Fight or flight. And the nod. Giving due respect, back to pride. Submission issues. But still giving credit to one who deserves it, even if grudgingly. So reliable. Trustworthy? Perhaps.

Griffon laughed, a rough sound deep in his throat, hearty, and clapped Swiftpaw on the shoulder with a grin that looked a little strained. "Oh, Swiftpaw," he said, perhaps wearily, "Please. None of that 'Lord Griffon' business. Really wish I knew who kept telling you to call me that." He shook his head, and turned his smile, softer now, to the new arrival. "You'll have to excuse Swiftpaw's manners. I'm Griffon, but I'd prefer it if everybody here," he gave a significant glance to the coyote beside him, "would call me Grif. It's just more comfortable that way. You don't understand how that 'Lord' stuff alienates me." He grimaced, then turned his eyes --one of which was clouded and marked with a scar, the other as blue and clear as day-- back to the GSD. "But I'm forgetting myself as well!" He stuck out a paw to be shaken. "Hello and welcome. Your name is North? If I heard correctly, that is. What's happened to your ankle? I hope Swiftpaw here didn't do anything to hurt you, did she...?" The question was asked in a joking manner, but with a more serious undertone. Showing that such a thing wouldn't be tolerated.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

This dog was in charge of the pack? North scanned the dog up and down with a perplexed look. He still couldn't get it. He'll admit that that necklace of teeth was alittle unsettling and the dirty bandana gave him a rugged look but...he still didn't get it.
He looked at the paw that Grif had stuck out and after a few seconds begrudgingly shook it, returning Grif smile with an emotionless expression. "Kicked a tree.". He said bluntly. He lowered his eyes just a fraction. "Working out some problems...". He added. He glanced at the coyote. "Swiftpaw helped me out...". North grumbled.
Last edited by Roarin on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Jessica wasn't sure she liked the thought of being left alone with the wolf (well, Connor was there too, but a squirrel and two rabbits couldn't easily defend against a wolf.) but she stayed behind. She wandered towards the wolf. "Just in case you get any funny ideas, My brother and I wash ourselves with juice from these berries. Just thought you should know."
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

caelei wrote: Pavelle was glad for a distraction from the agony the wolf seemed to be in. Even though he was a predator --and even of raccoons!-- she didn't like seeing him like this. And since there was nothing she could do to make him better except wait... and since Felix had said that he might not be thinking clearly, which meant his judgement of who and who not to eat could be shattered, well... it'd be better if she left him in peace.

She turned to Felix, saying, "Uh, sure. Sounds good. Lead the way," and then to the wolf, "Don't worry; we'll... be back in a little while. Hang in there." She hated to think it, but this whole wolf thing was actually having a positive influence on her. Now that she had something to do, she had less time to think, and that was good. She didn't like the idea that she was benefiting from another's misfortune, but... well, it was true, kinda. Honestly this situation shouldn't bother her too much. She could remember --it hadn't been that long ago, really!-- when she could steal and lie and break rules and hurt feelings without any whiplash from her conscience. Now... now she was different. Everything was different. She tightened her fingers around the handle of the knife and looked to Felix.
"Alright, we need a birch tree" Felix said, looking for the characteristic bark, "their bark is really flexible so it can be bent to suit our needs." He stopped at a random tree and cut off a small piece of bark. "This one, you can see isn't very flexible." He bent it and it snapped. "That won't make a bucket."

He forged ahead and searched until, eventually, he came upon a birch tree. "Now, you should only peel off as much bark as you need. Its the skin of the tree and taking too much will kill the tree," he said, taking his knife and starting to cut. "We need a 'T' shaped cut to make our bucket. If we do it right, it'll fold into a cube." his knife ran around the tree and made the required slice. Afterward, he wrestled the bark off to get a 'T' with an extra thick top on it. "Alright, there's another over there, you can try on it."

The lynx walked over to the next nearest tree. Another birch tree. A little bit younger than his, but perfect for their needs. A test run at cutting off some bark. Then they'd have to cut it up and put some holes in it. It'd make a leaky bucket. It would be fixable, perhaps with sap or something else to make the bark stick together tight enough to keep anything from leaking out. In this case though, they didn't need to go that far. This bucket would be used to store a wolf's guts as he was forced to spill his breakfast, lunch, dinner and poison. Though... Perhaps they'd need to bring him fresh water to drink and something to eat when he was done... Water would mean making one bucket water proof... He'd cross that river when he got to it.
Daxter

Post by Daxter »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Jessica wasn't sure she liked the thought of being left alone with the wolf (well, Connor was there too, but a squirrel and two rabbits couldn't easily defend against a wolf.) but she stayed behind. She wandered towards the wolf. "Just in case you get any funny ideas, My brother and I wash ourselves with juice from these berries. Just thought you should know."
Chuckling at the little rabbit, he shook his head and replied with a wolfish grin,

"Not a fan of rabbits sorry," he gagged again by his bush, whatever the hell was it that bowl sure was getting rid of the poison, and perhaps all of his stomach with it too.

The feeling of being sick gone, he stared back at the brave rabbit and continued as if nothing had happened, trying to seem as friendly as a wolf can be,

"Name's Dax by the way little one."
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:"Oh, Swiftpaw," he said, perhaps wearily, "Please. None of that 'Lord Griffon' business. Really wish I knew who kept telling you to call me that."
Momma-san says we should, That it is the polite and respectful thing to do.
Swiftpaw replies, while trying to avoid making direct eye contact with the leader, less she be rude or mistakenly challenging him.
caelei wrote:"Hello and welcome. Your name is North? If I heard correctly, that is. What's happened to your ankle? I hope Swiftpaw here didn't do anything to hurt you, did she...?"

Oh no.. (she gasps out) well not directly.. he kicked the tree i was in.
She chatters out, squirming uncomfortably under Griffon's glare. tucking her tail up between her legs as long as he holds her in the glare, then relaxing, letting her tail swing free again as Griffon finally turns his attention back to the new dog.
Roarin wrote:"Kicked a tree.". He said bluntly. He lowered his eyes just a fraction. "Working out some problems...". He added. He glanced at the coyote. "Swiftpaw helped me out...". North grumbled.

I brought him here, when he didn't seem to have anyplace else to go..
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

(OoC: Here's the catching up bit, Connor gave the needles felix used to make the stuff, and connor just stood next to the rabbits as everything else happend, making a disgusted face as Dax barfed.. heh!)

Connor was happy to help the wolf, although it looked like it was going to be a long road to recovery.. He stayed by the rabbits as the lynx and the pet walked off to make a bucket.

He wasn't happy with the indirect threat the larger rabbit made to the wolf, but she seemed to just be on guard was all..
Daxter wrote:"Name's Dax by the way little one."
Connor smiled. "Well, Dax, I'm happy your kind of ok at least! I'm Connor! Or you can call me 'Conker', whatever floats your boat, lad!" Replied Connor, cutting off whatever the rabbit was going to say.
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"And I'm Jessica. My brother is Jack. You'll forgive me if I maintain a healthy apprehension when dealing with predators such as yourself."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daxter

Post by Daxter »

Laughing before he gave a sickly smirk, he nodded as he listened to their words until he joked,

"It's ok, but my family would have loved to have you for dinner Jessica and Jack," chuckling into his paw, then winced as he felt his stomach tighten again.

Turning his head slowly to the squirrel, he grinned happily and replied,

"Pleasure Conker," shuffling in his position, "I'm amazed that none of you all ran from me in fear of being eaten or something."
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

caelei

Post by caelei »

"Now, you should only peel off as much bark as you need. Its the skin of the tree and taking too much will kill the tree," he said, taking his knife and starting to cut. "We need a 'T' shaped cut to make our bucket. If we do it right, it'll fold into a cube." his knife ran around the tree and made the required slice. Afterward, he wrestled the bark off to get a 'T' with an extra thick top on it. "Alright, there's another over there, you can try on it."
Pavelle observed the manner in which he shaved the bark carefully from the tree. Honestly, it didn't look too hard. And she was smart, wasn't she? She could do this. She could do this, and then they would make the buckets and take them wherever they were needed, and then maybe Felix would come up with something else they could do, and on and on and on because doing things was good. When she was concentrating, like she should be right now...

She shook her head and focused on the young tree. The bark was smooth under her hands as she worked, and surprisingly flexible. The bark on the Thinking Tree back home hadn't been like this. It'd been rough and thick and rigid, likely to crumble or snap if you attempted something like this. She wondered vaguely if there was a metaphor lurking in there somewhere, how the bark on her Thinking Tree had been unyielding and pocked and unable to change, even to the detriment of its own health... but probably she was overthinking everything again and she should focus on her task.

She was cutting out a pretty good T, though the bottom of it looked a little crooked. She hoped that was okay. "Like this?" she asked, tugging at the bark to yank it off the tree, like Felix had. Except she was weak wobbly-armed little raccoon and he was this big (presumably) strong lynx, and the bark just would not come off. She would rip at it harder, just she was afraid it might tear, and then they'd have to either damage this tree some more or find another suitable one. She looked to Felix, kinda sheepish, the knife (back in its sheath) gripped between her teeth so she could get both hands on the tree, probably looking ridiculous as she strained against the surprising tenacity of the tree bark. "Um. Some help 'ere?"

Meanwhile...
He looked at the paw that Grif had stuck out and after a few seconds begrudgingly shook it, returning Grif smile with an emotionless expression. "Kicked a tree.". He said bluntly. He lowered his eyes just a fraction. Working out some problems...". He added. He glanced at the coyote. "Swiftpaw helped me out...". North grumbled.
Problems. Definitely former owners, a stray, but still unwilling, untrusting. Only to be expected, but still. Griffon was willing to bet that this dog would go back to his comfortable home life if he could. That was not an appealing characteristic. Then there was the lashing out at his surroundings. Dangerous. Unstable. Or perhaps undisciplined. And once again, accepting Swiftpaw's help. And remembering her name, there was a surprising amount that would not do that, just by nature. So this GSD North might, just might, accept more help. And if he did... he might be able to be taught to leave his temper out of the equation, and that would make him much more valuable indeed.

"Well, if your ankle is still bothering you, we could take care of that. We have a modicum of healers in the encampment. Mainly they're busy with a whole variety of bumps and bruises, but I'm sure one of them could be spared to help you. However," Griffon warned, and here he took a more stern tone, "Even a quick ankle wrap takes time and energy and, as you can imagine, supplies. In exchange for the wrap, you'd have to perform some small task. You could collect some firewood with the youngsters, or search for rocks in the woods or for new foraging areas. Nothing too big. In fact, if you wished you could accompany Swiftpaw here on whatever task she's up to next. Well..." he patted her on the shoulder again, "If she doesn't think you'd be a bother." He shrugged, holding both paws out in a supplicating gesture. "Really, it's up to you. I hope you understand why this is necessary. I have a camp to run. I am leader, and my people look up to me to do what's right for the whole. I would allow you to be healed free of charge, but you understand that I can't make any exceptions to camp law. The rule of the game here is that if you want something, whether it be shelter or the comfort of allies or a stable food source or just a simple healing, you have to do your work. It's a simple system, but one that we can all be happy with, and prosper from. So. If you would like a taste of camp life, we could send you to a healer. If not, I can have Swiftpaw or one of the others walk you back to where she originally found you, and we'll drop you off and wish you the best of luck on your own."

Giving the GSD a moment to deliberate, Griffon then flicked his ears towards coyote Swiftpaw, listening to what she had to say.
Momma-san says we should, That it is the polite and respectful thing to do.
Swiftpaw replies, while trying to avoid making direct eye contact with the leader, less she be rude or mistakenly challenging him.
"Ah, yes. Of course. I should've guessed it would've been Kikyo, the old bat. Well. The old dog, I should say," Grif replied. Despite his annoyance at the whole 'Lord' thing, he spoke in a rare tone of affection.
I brought him here, when he didn't seem to have anyplace else to go..
Grif let the affection and vague humor leak from his face, making certain that Swiftpaw knew he meant business. "Yes, well. North has to accept the conditions of camp "trade" just like everyone else; it's only fair and right. Which means I don't want you feeling sorry for him if he does decide to head his own way, alright?" He frowned, turning back to North GSD now. "So... what do you think? Willing to give it a try? I assure you, your exchange task will be simple, and not labor intensive. A short walk through the woods at most, and that would probably be good for your ankle, help accelerate the healing process, unless it's a bad sprain." He paused, then added thoughtfully, "And if you happened to find yourself liking the system we have here, you are always welcome to a more permanent home. Everyone who has been cast out is certainly welcome here."
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

As the Raccoon cut the tree, Felix watched from a safe spot where he wouldn't get cut. All the way up until the bark was stuck. "I'll get it," he said, grabbing the bark and pretty easily tugging it off the tree. "You'll get stronger after you've been in the forest a while. Pets don't tend to do much heavy lifting, but, out here you'll start and get more used to it." This was an area pets were bad at. They generally didn't have to lift much more than their fingers, so, almost universally pets weren't all that strong. Now, addmittedly, a raccoon by nature, isn't a very strong animal, but, wild ones were stronger than pet-ones, in theory.

He handed her the bark and then sat where he was and carefully cut out some small strips from the bark. "These will be used to tie it together." Then he folded it as if to make a cube from paper, except that the top face was missing. Next, his claws and the knife came to use in making holes at the corners so that finally the bucket could be sealed up nice and tightly together. "Now, these won't hold water in them, for that, we need a different shape. I have some back at my den to show you, we'll have to go there to get some food for our wolf friend. Anyway, go ahead and finish your bucket."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daxter wrote:Laughing before he gave a sickly smirk, he nodded as he listened to their words until he joked,

"It's ok, but my family would have loved to have you for dinner Jessica and Jack," chuckling into his paw, then winced as he felt his stomach tighten again.

Turning his head slowly to the squirrel, he grinned happily and replied,

"Pleasure Conker," shuffling in his position, "I'm amazed that none of you all ran from me in fear of being eaten or something."
"Well I'm smart enough to know you aren't in any condition to be chasing rabbits. And I got the warning across, you eat me and you're in this situation again, so I trust you'd be smart enough to not try it."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ah Hah! There it was. North knew it was coming (not really, but he'd like to think so). His eyes narrowed slightly and he bit back a snide remark. The GSD had to admit. It made sense. Every service had some kind of payment and truthfully, if the dog had offered it for free he probably would have declined. And he still would have said no, but one thing was keeping him from saying it. He had no idea how to survive in the wild. No idea how to hunt, find water, heck he didn't know what plants to eat. Maybe if he stuck around a bit he could pick up a few things. But he would not be someone's lackey. So he made his decison.

The shepherd nodded, keeping his eyes level with the other dog's.
"If you can fix me up, we can talk. I don't like debts hovering over my head anyways..."
He twitched his ears and shifted his gaze for a second. North knew nothing was free in life anyways. And if it was... It'd bite you in the tail sooner or later.

He glanced over at Swiftpaw. Kikyo? Maybe he'd find out later.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:In fact, if you wished you could accompany Swiftpaw here on whatever task she's up to next. Well..."[/color] he patted her on the shoulder again, "If she doesn't think you'd be a bother." He shrugged, holding both paws out in a supplicating gesture. "Really, it's up to you. I hope you understand why this is necessary.

Swiftpaw was confused, was she just given an order to let the new dog tail her, by her leader? But then Grif said she could refuse!?? Has Kikyo finally started rubbing off on him and this just was an polite gesture, so she could humbly except having the shepherd accompany her?
What would happen if she did refuse? would it be ok to do so, or would she be punished?
But the shepherd is so bad at moving through the forest, they wouldn't be able to sneak up on anything.. Altho, she could position him someplace, then circle around ahead. having him follow after a period of time. Using him as a driver, he could make all the noise he wanted, and hopefully would startle something into her ambush position.
Throughout all of this internal conflict, all she could do was nod attentively as Grif spoke..
caelei wrote:Grif let the affection and vague humor leak from his face, making certain that Swiftpaw knew he meant business. "Yes, well. North has to accept the conditions of camp "trade" just like everyone else; it's only fair and right. Which means I don't want you feeling sorry for him if he does decide to head his own way, alright?"

Swiftpaw gulped, splaying out her ears submissively. Her young age and inexperience at recruiting has been greatly hampering her with understanding Griffon's instructions and nuances. As most have been clear as mud to her, this one was perfectly crystal clear! Don't mess this up! or else!!
Not at all she says with a bow. I'm sure i would be just as scared and apprehensive if had to go intothe humans.. no can't say that.. A totally new kind of life and adventure for any i have known before.
Roarin wrote:The shepherd nodded, keeping his eyes level with the other dog's.
"If you can fix me up, we can talk. I don't like debts hovering over my head anyways..."
He twitched his ears and shifted his gaze for a second. North knew nothing was free in life anyways. And if it was... It'd bite you in the tail sooner or later.

Swiftpaw looked back and forth from North to Grif, As the two male dogs continue there stare down and appraisal of each other.. Her tail tense and twitching, at the ready to lead North off at Grif's command to find one of the medical trained members. When something catches her watchful eyes, beyond at the edge of the encampment.
The two dogs who were given the punishment task of digging the new latrine pit, and covering the old one. (a punishment she has had to do once before, what a lingering smell that just clings to your fur!) While she couldn't hear what there saying, she could gather they were upset at the punishment, an deduced that they blamed each other for receiving it. As a steady escalation was occurring. { One bumps the other with the handle of his shovel. the other responds by tossing a shovel of dirt on the first. Who in turn, tosses a shovel of dirt into the face of the second. they throw down there shovels. starting a pushing and shoving match. }
Please forgive the intrusion, but ..
{ before Swiftpaw can finish, it escalates into an all out dog fight, that can now be heard all across the camp!}
Swiftpaw just points now. That. That is NOT going to end well for them. not at all. she knows.
caelei

Post by caelei »

As the Raccoon cut the tree, Felix watched from a safe spot where he wouldn't get cut. All the way up until the bark was stuck. "I'll get it," he said, grabbing the bark and pretty easily tugging it off the tree. "You'll get stronger after you've been in the forest a while. Pets don't tend to do much heavy lifting, but, out here you'll start and get more used to it."
Pavelle smiled as Felix handed her the bark back, watching carefully as he cut his and punctured holes and folded and used the bark strips to tie it all tightly together. "If you think pets are weak, you should see my brother," she said fondly, fumbling to copy his directions, trying to successfully use the unfamiliar knife without accidentally chopping off a finger or wrecking her own bark T. "Well, my adopted brother. Magnus. Not my brother Felix. Mag, though. He's a Great Dane. He's the strongest pet I ever met. Probably the strongest I'll ever meet." And that's why it was okay to leave him behind. She bit her lip and looked down, hurrying to make her bucket, taking a deep breath. Don't look weak. Don't look like you're completely helpless, like you can't handle yourself. You're here to learn, Felix offered to teach you, so don't sit and mope. Moping won't get you anything.

She was just about finishing her own bucket when Felix said,
"Now, these won't hold water in them, for that, we need a different shape. I have some back at my den to show you, we'll have to go there to get some food for our wolf friend. Anyway, go ahead and finish your bucket."
Pavelle painstakingly tied the last couple of strips into place, threading them through the holes she'd jabbed into the bark and pulling everything tight. Trying to remember the knot Felix had used. After a moment, she thought she'd gotten it right. Pavelle wasn't one much for the physical side of things. But give her a puzzle or problem, or something she needed to figure out and she was game. That was the way she'd always been, as long as she could remember. "Okay. I think I've got this tied right," she said, offering it to Felix to inspect, in case she had happened to skip a step, or had screwed something up without knowing. "Let's try to get to your den and back out really quick. That wolf probably still needs our help. And... and after that, I should probably get back to that dirt circle. My brother..." She hesitated, then finally said, somewhat wryly, "Well, he won't be happy with me for wandering off."

Meanwhile...
The shepherd nodded, keeping his eyes level with the other dog's.
He twitched his ears and shifted his gaze for a second.
Grif returned the eye contact, patiently keeping his own gaze level (though not hostile) until the GSD shifted his eyes. He smiled, and said, clapping his paws together as emphasis, "Well! Glad to hear it. One of our healers will have you patched up in no time."
As a steady escalation was occurring. { One bumps the other with the handle of his shovel. the other responds by tossing a shovel of dirt on the first. Who in turn, tosses a shovel of dirt into the face of the second. they throw down there shovels. starting a pushing and shoving match. }
Please forgive the intrusion, but ..
{ before Swiftpaw can finish, it escalates into an all out dog fight, that can now be heard all across the camp!}
Swiftpaw just points now. That. That is NOT going to end well for them. not at all. she knows.
Grif glanced over at the tussling pair, eyes going cold and hard. Other members of the camp noticed the fight, and some were standing nervously nearby, halted completely by the distraction, their work interrupted. Grif lifted his upper lip to show rather uncommonly large canines, barking an order out, his voice distinct and ringing through the still, waiting camp. "Rachav, Gordon, Kelley." Three animals --a tall, willowy female Doberman; a smaller, long-haired male tabby cat missing one ear; and a HUGE male mutt just rippling with muscle-- stepped forward. Grif jerked his head towards the squabblers, saying in a low voice, "Detain them. And don't let yourselves get drawn into it. I don't want any unnecessary injuries." The three nodded, and with cool eyes began loping out towards the fight, carefully drawing nearer to the two dogs, watchful of their claws, teeth, and the shovels that could easily become weapons.

Grif watched for a moment, his gaze intense and icy with rage that these two idiot dogs would jeopardize the entire camp with their petty scrap, then turned and focused on the female coyote beside him. "Swiftpaw, take our guest to one of the healing tents. Perhaps Isma's? She aught to be able to treat him quickly enough." There was some colorful snarling in the background as the fighting dogs were wrestled and forced apart and pushed away from each other, further into the trees. Grif's ears were pointed in that direction, twitching with attention. Even so, he turned towards GSD North and said, gruff voice lowered back to polite conversation tones, "You'll have to excuse me. I've got a couple of... delinquents to deal with." Since it was obvious that the two fighting dogs were younger in age, probably hot-headed teenagers who haven't yet learned to control themselves. "If you'd go with Swiftpaw, I can meet back with you two in a couple minutes to discuss your return favor." And without a moment of hesitation, Grif turned on his heel and strode purposefully after the group of five into the woods.

The snarling abruptly cut off. There was the sound of low voices, and Grif's voice, louder and sharper than the others, saying, "Alright. Both of you know the rules. If you want to settle something with someone, you wait until after you've finished your work for the day, and you do it outside of camp, where you won't disturb anyone else. If you wish to continue your physical altercation right now, do so out here. Rachav will stay with you to observe, and she will relay me the results." There was a quiet answer, and then Grif's voice once again. "Once you've worked out your differences, report back to me directly. I'll have your new assignments and additional work prepared, and you'll need to finish digging the latrines. If you wish to have any injuries healed, you'll have to exchange favors with one of the healers; I won't be any part of that. If you can't settle this, Rachav will escort you from camp. If you choose to leave, don't come back. As a word of warning, I'd stay far away. We will not treat you like our own if we come across you in the future. Now, if we are finished here..." A moment of silence. "Then I'll have another discussion with you later. Meet me at dusk in the usual place, I'll be waiting to detail your punishment." His voice, directed at someone else, "Release them, and take their shovels back to camp. They won't be allowed to use them in the fight."

As Grif's voice died out, most of the rest of the camp members returned back to their activities, almost as if nothing had happened. A few spared a worried glance towards the treeline, perhaps thinking of one of the two quarreling dogs whom they have formed associations with, but eventually they all went back to work.

((Huge posts every time, jeez.))
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

North watched him leave, pondering why those dogs followed his orders so willingly. Maybe it out respect, maybe they owed him something. He shook his head. It didn't matter. All that mattered was that he get patched up, do whatever it was so they were even, and then leave. His instincts told him it'd probably be the best thing to do. There was something off about it all. Maybe it was the nervousness that coyote seemed to be having around the dog. Or maybe he was just paranoid. Whatever it is he hoped he wouldn't have anything to do with it. But first things first...

"So... Where is this this Isma?". He asked Swiftpaw, with a polite tone. North looked around the clearing, observing the surrouding animals at work. The thought of working alongside others entered is mind, but only briefly.

Ref Ref!
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

So, the raccoon seems to be shaky and slow. She's going to need work. Lots and lots and lots of work to get used to this... Can you go from being a pampered pet to being wild cold-turkey? Does that even work? It probably doesn't. It'd have to be something like jumping out of a plane without a parachute... Leaving society doesn't get you, its trying to survive in the new one that gets you. The humans had a saying about this, 'Idle hands do the devil's work.' Idle hands are harmful hands. If he was teaching her, perhaps giving her the bootcamp form of survival would keep her going...

"It looks good enough," he said, picking up the bowl she handed him. "We'll drop these with the wolf and head for my den. There's a stream nearby it that we can get water from on the way back... Aside from the stuff I have on hand now." He pulled on the straw for his camel back and took a sip, then held it out to the Raccoon to take a sip. "I need to refill this while we're down there anyway."

He began to head back the way they'd come, "so, you have another brother, why didn't he come with you?" Felix asked, "he could've helped a bit... A friend of mine from the zoo helped me get settled in, he bought a LOT of camping and survival stuff to give me a slight boost. That's how I got this backpack and a few other nice toys.... As it turns out, humans don't like dealing with wild animals much, but, zoo animals, its harder to tell a fully legal animal, and at that a large one, 'no'. Especially Cody. He'd make a full grown bull back down."

This of course, was true. Cody, like all the other zoo animals got payed. The laws around animal cruelty and labor required that they get some kind of monetary compensation. Besides, money makes for a great motivator. In the case of the zoo, the animals are provided food, bedding and basic essentials. They can use their money to buy toys, things for projects and other stuff the zoo can't afford to buy for everyone on a whim. It works really well. The animals get neat stuff and learn the value of a dollar, as well as how to save money, much like any resource. Besides, most of what they buy is bought from the zoo.

"Don't worry about him being mad" Felix went on, "we didn't cover our tracks and its his fault for leaving you. If anything, it'll teach him not to leave currently, relatively defenseless little raccoons alone in the woods. After all, a predator who likes raccoons could have come along. Not exactly the best thing in the world."
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:"Swiftpaw, take our guest to one of the healing tents. Perhaps Isma's? She aught to be able to treat him quickly enough." he turned towards GSD North and said, gruff voice lowered back to polite conversation tones, "You'll have to excuse me. I've got a couple of... delinquents to deal with." Since it was obvious that the two fighting dogs were younger in age, probably hot-headed teenagers who haven't yet learned to control themselves. "If you'd go with Swiftpaw, I can meet back with you two in a couple minutes to discuss your return favor." And without a moment of hesitation, Grif turned on his heel and strode purposefully after the group of five into the woods.

Swiftpaw had been watching the fight from afar, wondering if it was going to spread. if it did, she had several escape routes already planned out, some including taking the shepherd with her, others didn't but she wasn't going to get hurt in some useless fight. She was also intently watching how Griffon was going to handle "this" happening right when they were grooming a new member into the pack. When Grif started barking orders to her causing Swiftpaw to then snap up to attention. Yes Sire, at once

Swiftpaw turns to the shepherd, See..., were just one big normal family here. as she tries to put a good spin on the situation at paw.
Roarin wrote:"So... Where is this this Isma?". He asked Swiftpaw, with a polite tone. North looked around the clearing, observing the surrounding animals at work. The thought of working alongside others entered is mind, but only briefly.

She is... Swiftpaw starts, looking up and down the row of huts and lean-to's, finally spotting the healer's penitent with Isma's mark on it. She is over this way, follow me.
When Swiftpaw reaches the tent with the penitent of Isma flying on it.
Are you free Isma-san? Swiftpaw asks, as she peers into the tent. Please excuse the interruption, Griffon would like for you to treat North here. he has suffered an injured foot, when he kicked a tree.
Swiftpaw turns back to the shepherd
You are in luck, Isma-san can see you right away, Please have a seat in the tent. The young coyote says with a curt bow.

Swiftpaw then waits outside of the tent, as North is treated for his injuries. watching the goings on about the encampment.
Swiftpaw-san! what has happened, why are you here? A concerned voice suddenly speaks.
Swiftpaw visibly jumps, startled by the sudden appearance of the large Akita. She was still impressed at how such an large dog could move so quickly, gracefully, and most importantly silently, at her age.
Mamma-san! Swiftpaw excitedly exclaims, before composing herself. Greeting's Lady Kikyo Bowing gracefully to the big female akita. I beg your forgiveness for your worry. I am not sick nor injured, Mamma-san. I am just escorting a new prospect to the pack, who has injured his foot.
I am relieved to hear that, It would have saddened my heart to have had something happen to my favored pup.
Swiftpaw blushes softly, happily wagging her tail out behind her.
I am honored for your concern, thank you.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Pavelle hesitated a long moment, before uncertainly taking a sip of the water he offered, listening to Felix as he spoke.
He began to head back the way they'd come, "so, you have another brother, why didn't he come with you?" Felix asked, "he could've helped a bit... A friend of mine from the zoo helped me get settled in, he bought a LOT of camping and survival stuff to give me a slight boost. That's how I got this backpack and a few other nice toys.... As it turns out, humans don't like dealing with wild animals much, but, zoo animals, its harder to tell a fully legal animal, and at that a large one, 'no'. Especially Cody. He'd make a full grown bull back down."
She paused again as they made their way, looking down at her feet as she stepped around low bushes and over exposed roots. She was kicking herself now for mentioning Magnus. She couldn't believe she'd actually done that so easily, and now Felix was asking questions that she really didn't want to think about. Frowning deeply, forehead crinkled from the expression, Pavelle finally said, "Well. You don't know Magnus. He... he doesn't belong out here, not at all. He wouldn't have even a hope of fitting in, and I'd be constantly worried that he was in trouble, or hurt, or doing something to accidentally endanger himself." Plus, there was no point in taking him. He still had a place at home. Dad didn't tell him to leave. Magnus could be happy there. But she didn't voice the last, swallowing down the words, still looking away.
"Don't worry about him being mad" Felix went on, "we didn't cover our tracks and its his fault for leaving you. If anything, it'll teach him not to leave currently, relatively defenseless little raccoons alone in the woods. After all, a predator who likes raccoons could have come along. Not exactly the best thing in the world."
Pavelle just shook her head, smiling. "You just don't know my Felix," she said, "He's very... protective. And hot-headed. I thought he was going to explode when he first showed up in my neighborhood back home, and had to be surrounded by so many pets and humans, especially when I kept telling him that he needed to go away, go home. Back then I didn't ever plan on coming with him, on coming here. What I'm afraid of most is that this will teach him not to leave me alone. I won't have another moment of solitary peace in my life." She carefully stepped over a large rock mostly hidden by low foliage.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Keeshah wrote:Swiftpaw turns to the shepherd, See..., were just one big normal family here. as she tries to put a good spin on the situation at paw.

"Riiight...". He grimaced. North wasn't a stranger to fights. and in his experience fights had nothing to do with family. Living most of life in the local pound he's seen a few and have been involved in some on occasion (in self defense). But those fights were different. They were about sharing a space with six other dogs. They were about the stress of wondering if your ever gonna get to leave. They were about dealing with life, day to day.
But this squabble between the two dogs did, in fact remind him of two brothers fighting. Maybe the coyote was right. But he wouldn't say that out loud.
Keeshah wrote:Swiftpaw turns back to the shepherd
You are in luck, Isma-san can see you right away, Please have a seat in the tent. The young coyote says with a curt bow.
"Thanks...". The shepherd walked into the tent and took a seat. "Heard you could fix up my foot..."

His ears perked up when Swiftpaw started to talking to someone. North's ear twitched as he heard the name Kikyo.

Ref Ref!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Roarin wrote: "Thanks...". The shepherd walked into the tent and took a seat. "Heard you could fix up my foot..."

His ears perked up when Swiftpaw started to talking to someone. North's ear twitched as he heard the name Kikyo.

Swiftpaw continues to chat with Lady Kikyo.
Oh Mamma-san, Lord griffon told me he doesn't want to be called Lord anymore, just to call him Grif.
The black faced, grey muzzled female akita nodding her head softly. Altho she furrows her brows clearly showing that she doesn't agree with Griffon not wanting to be treated more formally and respectfully. as he deserves to be.
Then you must do as he says, You know that orders from are lord are absolute.
Swiftlypaw nods her head attentively.
Yes, Momma-san. I will do so.
Daxter

Post by Daxter »

Grinning, he nodded, understanding the message put through to him by the brave, furry rabbits whilst trying to ignore the itch at the back of his head which kept on repeating the same words,

Eat them, eat them, eat them....

Shaking his head to somehow get rid of the annoying itch, scratching his ear to try and not seem suspicious round the animals and lose their trust, which in a situation like this he needed.

Another groan was released from his mouth since his stomach had returned to its volcanic rumblings thanks to the medicine given to him. He panted slowly and replied,

"Don't worry little one, I won't eat you or your family here, I'm not those kind of wolves."
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Connor nodded to the wolf.

"Well that's good to know! I do hope you feel better soon.." Said the red squirrel, then turning and running up into his tree. "Funny how you found that bad berry bush, that it's so close to help, eh lad? I'm currently living here.. Less comfortable then my previous home, But home all the same!" He shouted from inside, rearanging leaves and grass around on the floor.

Connor then pops his head out of the entrance again, exactly like he did when he awoke just an hour or so ago.

"Anyway, I need to find more nuts.. Have you seen any perchance? I thought I had one in here earlier, maybe I ate it last night.." He mentions, looking around everywhere energeticly.

Connnor then runs back down the tree and to the rabbits.

"I think i'm going to go find Pav-somthing and her big cat friend, maybe they know where some good nut trees are.." He quickly speaks, no more than he had said the sentance he was off following the lynx's and Pavelle's pawsteps..
Character Reference
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

caelei wrote: Pavelle just shook her head, smiling. "You just don't know my Felix," she said, "He's very... protective. And hot-headed. I thought he was going to explode when he first showed up in my neighborhood back home, and had to be surrounded by so many pets and humans, especially when I kept telling him that he needed to go away, go home. Back then I didn't ever plan on coming with him, on coming here. What I'm afraid of most is that this will teach him not to leave me alone. I won't have another moment of solitary peace in my life." She carefully stepped over a large rock mostly hidden by low foliage.
"Maybe you just need to make sure he knows you're independent?" Felix said, "people are always protective of someone that they see as needing help. If you stand up on your own and show him you can get by, he'll probably be a little less protective." He looked up as they were approaching the fire and looked around to check on things. He looked for predators, other animals, anything that could be an issue, but saw nothing, until...

Something small and fuzzy hit his leg. He stopped and looked down to see that squirrel. In his distraction he'd kind of kicked the little guy. "Oops," the cat said, "I got distracted... What were you following our tracks for?"

OOC: I figured if you were following the tracks you might not see them :p
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daxter wrote:Grinning, he nodded, understanding the message put through to him by the brave, furry rabbits whilst trying to ignore the itch at the back of his head which kept on repeating the same words,

Eat them, eat them, eat them....

Shaking his head to somehow get rid of the annoying itch, scratching his ear to try and not seem suspicious round the animals and lose their trust, which in a situation like this he needed.

Another groan was released from his mouth since his stomach had returned to its volcanic rumblings thanks to the medicine given to him. He panted slowly and replied,

"Don't worry little one, I won't eat you or your family here, I'm not those kind of wolves."
"I'm not worried. While I'm sure you'll eventually succumb to your natural instinct to eat us, The self preservation instinct is even more powerful. You'd never eat us for the same reason you'll never eat these berries again... It hurts you."

"Hey sis. I'm gonna go with conner. What they're doing seems more interesting."

"No, stay with me. I still don't fully trust Felix and you already left didn't you?" she said, sounding more annoyed in the last bit.

Jack was already hopping after Conker. eventually, he caught up to the other group shortly after the squirrel, just in time to see him get kicked.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Connor was a little dazed from hitting into the lynx.
razgriz wrote:"Oops," the cat said, "I got distracted... What were you following our tracks for?"
"Ow.. Heh, Hey there.. I wanted to ask you a question, do you know where any good nut trees are? I need to restock.." The squirrel asked, rubbing his head where he ran into the cat.

Connor then turns around to see the smaller rabbit had followed him.

"Heh, which one are you? The big one or small one?" He asked the rabbit, still a little dazed.
Character Reference
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

~\Rook/~ wrote:"Heh, which one are you? The big one or small one?" He asked the rabbit, still a little dazed.
"I'm Jack.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
caelei

Post by caelei »

"Maybe you just need to make sure he knows you're independent?" Felix said, "people are always protective of someone that they see as needing help. If you stand up on your own and show him you can get by, he'll probably be a little less protective."
She blew out a sigh, shaking her head. "I think he knows I'm independent. I mean, it's not like I relied on him for most of my life or anything. I lived away from him, from our family. He barely even knows me, if you think about it. Anyways, him leaving me at all shows he thinks I can handle myself, at least nominally. He'll just be angry when he finds out that I ran off with you. And that I met a wolf." She smiled a bit at that, thinking back. She could hardly believe it, really. A wolf? That was crazy. She'd never thought that she'd ever meet one. Well, unless she went to the zoo or something, and her father would've never brought her there. Her mother, perhaps, but now that could never happen--

Before Pavelle's mind could follow that train of thought, Conker the squirrel showed up. And then, immediately behind him, one of the two rabbits Pavelle'd been busy distrusting earlier, who introduced himself as Jack. Jack rabbit. Hmm. "Oh, hey Conker. And... and hi, Jack," she said, rubbing at the side of her face, "Sorry I was so suspicious of you earlier. I'm kinda... well, I've been having a rough time, lately. I'm Pavelle, if you didn't hear. I'm uh. New around here." She touched her collar.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"It's alright. I barely noticed," he replied.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

A few minutes later North pulls the cover back from the tent and walks over to Swiftpaw and the Akita. He stops in front of them and looked at his repaired foot. "Not too shabby...". He comments.
Now tightlywrapped around his foot and ankle was blue bandage wrap. Expertly put on so as not to waste too much of the roll, while getting the job done and securely ensuring the ankle is supported and immobilized (so as to sipped up the healing process and avoid swelling).
He looked from the coyote to the Akita. "Err...Your medic in there asked me if I wanted an ice pack too but... Your boss would probably use that as a way to get me to work more...Something about, using resources.". North nodded to the Akita, giving her a polite (but small) smile. "You must be the dog Swiftpaw and Grif were talking about. Kikyo, right?"

Ref Ref!