SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

zephyrtobiaswolf

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by zephyrtobiaswolf »

Rios closed his eyes and swallowed hard, fighting to remain in control of himself. There were cubs around after all, he couldn’t just go freaking out. Taking a few deep breaths the wolf-dog finally opened his eyes again, gripping the “apple” tight even as he smiled at Castor.

“Sorry Cas, guess I must still be wobbly from the wreck. Are we far from town?”

Even as he spoke Rios’ mind began to work furiously, trying to develop ideas as to how he had gotten here, and more importantly how he could get out. He kept turning the apple in his paws as he thought, trying to tell if there was anything different about it besides its color.
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Michelangelo (Mikey) Truesdale - SP
Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:The closet was currently closed. The face of the oak door stared with metaphorical disdain at the dog. Despite its physical age the door was probably sturdy enough to withstand a few hits from a battering ram. Though most people would just turn the brass handle it had to see what's inside.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel's head quickly turns towards them, ears perked. In an instant he was standing in front of them, smirking a weasel's smirk.
"Wow.Hey! Small world.You two. From the west exit." He looked pleased with himself for remembering the two.
"What can I do ya for?"
Rios wrote: "Nope. Not too far. Just gotta go through this tunnel here." With his hands preoccupied, the caracal nodded in the direction of an entrance to a cave that was in front of them. Dirt was under their feet now, the sounds of the waves of the ocean could be faintly heard in the distance.
"You want to try one?" Pollux asked. He looked up at the wolf, probably saw him looking at the apple intently.
"Mom probably wouldn't mind if we had one less."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:Arriving at the town square the cat and dog saw three things.
- A large fountain adorning the middle of the square. It was three levels high with water gushing from the top and steadily flowing down to the lower levels. It was made of some sort of stone and blue crystal like objects seemed to be embedded around the rim of each level. Though the fountain was large it still left enough room around the square for carts to pass by.
- A old looking caravan which resembled the likeness of those that were probably on the Oregon Trail. It looked sturdy and that was probably a good thing considering a bear was occupying it. It looked like it was a general wares shop.
- A stand that had a sign atop it in the shop of a mail envelope. Two small pigeon-like birds could be seen perched on the sign, quietly talking amongst themselves.
Flynn walked towards the caravan. "Excuse me," he said to the bear.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel's head quickly turns towards them, ears perked. In an instant he was standing in front of them, smirking a weasel's smirk.
"Wow.Hey! Small world.You two. From the west exit." He looked pleased with himself for remembering the two.
"What can I do ya for?"
Scratch blinked at him, remembering him, "Oh yeah, I remember you: yeah, we checked in with Rom like you said. Nice guy. Kinda reminds me of someone, actually... probably the outfit..." she held up the flyer for him to see, "Anyway, I saw you needed something investigated, and that's what I do, so here I am..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian had an unknown chill go down his spine before putting his hand on the door handle, his conscience starting to kick in, what was he doing, raiding a room for its contents... but then again... it was empty... and he couldn't shake the feeling of something being there. With one last thought he turned the handle and tried to open the door
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps wrote:The bear lazily turned his head in the direction of the cat and dog, putting on a friendly smile.
"Ah, yes, customers, good. What can I do for you today?" The bear's voice sounded low and gruff, carrying a strong Russian accent with it.
Ian wrote:The handle turned with relative ease and the door swung open without a sound.
Diceroll wrote: Perception: 16 + 0 = 16
Despite the brightness of the lamp the closet space was still pretty dark. It was a small space. Big enough for someone to walk into, but not big enough to walk around in.
From what Ian could see...
It was about 6x4 area of space
A few cotton shirts where hung on a hanger
On an upper shelf was an awfully familiar metal helmet and next to it was a brown manila folder.
But what probably stood out the most was a large chest on the floor of the room. It took up about 1/3rd of the space and looked very much like a large treasure chest.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel's small ears twitched once and he nodded vigorously.
"Yep yep.Looked at the billboard did ya.Glad ya did.Hope'n this job il be done before the boss gets back." He then dropped his voice lower, almost to a hush.
"Kinda hope to keep this on the down low, hush hush. Ya hear?" He looked up expectantly at the two.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian gazed at the helmet, it was exactly like the helmet he sold not to long ago, he thought about taking it and selling it... but the bear he sold it to was skeptical about the first, this would only bring further questions if he took it as well. His eyes then focused on the folder, wondering what exactly could be inside it, with a second thought he grabbed the folder and began to look over its contents
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps wrote:The bear lazily turned his head in the direction of the cat and dog, putting on a friendly smile.
"Ah, yes, customers, good. What can I do for you today?" The bear's voice sounded low and gruff, carrying a strong Russian accent with it.
"We were looking for a couple of time pieces, Do you have any?" Flynn asked
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel's small ears twitched once and he nodded vigorously.
"Yep yep.Looked at the billboard did ya.Glad ya did.Hope'n this job il be done before the boss gets back." He then dropped his voice lower, almost to a hush.
"Kinda hope to keep this on the down low, hush hush. Ya hear?" He looked up expectantly at the two.
Scratch nodded, "Alright then, I wasn't gonna tell Rom anyway, unless I found a body or somethin'..." She walked under the gate and looked around, "So let's make this quick then, where are the noises comin' from?" She twitched her ears and listened for them...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
zephyrtobiaswolf

The wolf-dog’s head snapped up as he heard Pollux’s question, his thoughts being brought back to the larger issue of finding someone who might be able to help him get home. The caracal made an interesting suggestion though, and it was true that if he had to stay here much longer he would eventually have to partake of the local fare. With that in mind Rios used his nail to cut a small slice off the apple, popping it into his muzzle and chewing slowly.

“May I ask what your mother’s name is?”
Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less. -Marie Curie

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps wrote:"Hmm. Time pieces... Glowing rock bracelets? The bear turned lazily and began rummaging through the assortment of things stored in his caravan.
"You two." The bear continues the conversation as he rummages.
"You two are not from around here yes? Have not seen you before."
Ian wrote:For Ian to reach the folder he had the walk fully into the closet and reach up on the tips of his toes. After obtaining the folder and making the helmet wobble slightly he was able to browse its contents.
It appeared to carry some documents and profiles pertaining to some people.
The first was a caracal by the name Corin Tyndar. From a glance he looked to be head of the town guard.
The next was a profile of someone named Romulus Abaven, a ferret.
There were some letters and others papers in the back but before Ian could read anymore he was suddenly surrounded in darkness. The door had closed silently behind him and there was an unmistakeable *click* that followed.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:"What Rom?Yeah don't tell him either, hush hush." The weasel looked around him.
"Kay so.Got a vibe.Somethin fishy.By some big rocks a bit down the road outside ah town.Actually really close to where-" The weasel paused, as if his speedy voice hit a snag.
"Anyways." he started up again as if nothing happened. "Not sure.Heard some noises.Not loud just like something's... moving. Had some complaints too.People headin into town.Thought they saw a shadow or somethin.Ended up bein nothin.Boss says not to waste time on it.
Rios wrote:Castor turns around to answer the wolf's question."Umm. It's Mom?"
"No you dummy. He means her actual name. Its Leda by the way." The trio were now at the mouth of a cave.
"Hey, Rios, can you err, give me a hand?" Pollux, adjusted the pile of apples he was carrying.
"I need to switch the flashlight on."

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:"What Rom?Yeah don't tell him either, hush hush." The weasel looked around him.
"Kay so.Got a vibe.Somethin fishy.By some big rocks a bit down the road outside ah town.Actually really close to where-" The weasel paused, as if his speedy voice hit a snag.
"Anyways." he started up again as if nothing happened. "Not sure.Heard some noises.Not loud just like something's... moving. Had some complaints too.People headin into town.Thought they saw a shadow or somethin.Ended up bein nothin.Boss says not to waste time on it".
Scratch nodded, then leaned in and lowered her voice a little more, "On that note, that's actually the other reason I came here: someone hired me to investigate what happened over there. When I'm done, I'd like to ask you a couple questions about it..." she straightened a little, raising her voice to normal level again, "So... Anything else you should tell me 'fore we go take a look? Don't suppose you can walk us over there..."
zephyrtobiaswolf

“That’s interesting.”

The wolf-dog spoke softly, his mind momentarily diverted from his thoughts about the apple as it made connections to things he had read long before, but Rios chose to keep his thoughts to himself. Instead he simply nodded to Pollux, holding out his paws to take the load off the boy.

“I don’t mind carrying them for you. Besides, it’s the least I can do for leading me to town.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian jumped "H-Hey! I-Its dark in here! Trip are you there!? P-Please let me out if you are!" he called reaching and grabbing the doorknob, giving it an experimental twist
Pet Friendly:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps wrote:"Hmm. Time pieces... Glowing rock bracelets? The bear turned lazily and began rummaging through the assortment of things stored in his caravan.
"You two." The bear continues the conversation as he rummages.
"You two are not from around here yes? Have not seen you before."
Scraps didn't want to admit he was new and possibly open the two up to being swindled. He knew he couldn't pass for someone who knew the city that well but he didn't have to admit it was his first day in town. "Well sort of. We've been here for a little while now. This is just our first time visiting this part of town."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps wrote:The bear seems to grumble something to himself as he continues to search. He then reappears a moment later with a few rock bracelet time pieces in his hand. He lays them out on the counter on the window.
There were three. Both all looked relatively the same, though one, instead of glowing blue to tell its time, radiates a darkish red.
"Which one you like?" The bear asks, looking between the too. His gaze however, stays on Scraps for awhile, looking critically at him up a down.
"Hmm." The bear mumbles.
Ian wrote:To his distress, the door was in fact, locked, there did seem to be a keyhole in the knob though. But he missed the critical instrument to unlock. Further to his disappoint, Trip didn't seem to be responding to his plea. Either not hearing him, or not able to help him at moment, or is not in any position to help him.
The closet continued to stay dark for the time being.
It was otherwise silent.
He was still holding the folder.
- A few cotton shirts hung on a hanger
- A large chest sat in the corner of the closet.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel shook his head.
"Gotta stay at my post.Pays the bills. All that good stuff." Lyle scratched his chin.
"Advice?Hmm." He paused for a moment, then looked at Scratch.
"Don't die.Good luck." He grabs the raccoon's paw, gives it a swift shake before zooming back to his post.
Rios wrote:"Thanks." The caracal says, handing him quite a few. He then fumbles for a moment, trying to get a handle on the flashlight.
"So Rios, you said earlier you were in a wreck, what did you mean? And where are you from?" Castor asks as his brother tries to get the flashlight.
"Ahah!" Pollux exclaims as a beam of light flickers to life. For a few moments, it happened to shine on what looked to be remnants of a campfire, then Pollux pointed to light in front of them.
"This way." He beckons, now leading them further into the cave.

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The weasel shook his head.
"Gotta stay at my post.Pays the bills. All that good stuff." Lyle scratched his chin.
"Advice?Hmm." He paused for a moment, then looked at Scratch.
"Don't die.Good luck." He grabs the raccoon's paw, gives it a swift shake before zooming back to his post.
Scratch blinked down at the hand as it shook hers, and shrugged it off as he left, a hint of smirk on her face, "Heh, weird guy.... Reminds me of Doc...." She thought about that weirdo. She then thought about why she didn't think about Doc anymore. She held back vomit as she was forced to recall the "rocket ship" he had built as part of his "prairie dog space program". That was just sickening. What a weirdo. And to think, she'd almost-"...Second thought, I hope he isn't like Doc..." She shook her head and walked over to the area he'd asked her to investigate, quietly peering around, twitching her ears as she listened...
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps wrote:The bear seems to grumble something to himself as he continues to search. He then reappears a moment later with a few rock bracelet time pieces in his hand. He lays them out on the counter on the window.
There were three. Both all looked relatively the same, though one, instead of glowing blue to tell its time, radiates a darkish red.
"Which one you like?" The bear asks, looking between the too. His gaze however, stays on Scraps for awhile, looking critically at him up a down.
"Hmm." The bear mumbles.
Scraps made a point of maintaining eye contact while the bear gave him a once-over. He considered his option for a moment before deciding on one of the blue ones. He pointed at one of them, "I'll take that one."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn pushed Scraps' paw down when he pointed at the bracelet. "Hold on a minute pal, We've gotta ask a few questions first. How much do each of these cost? Is the red one any different from the others beyond color?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian set the folder back down, giving the door a couple more bangs before giving up to try and find another way out, looking over what he had at his disposal, the first thing that caught his attention were the hanging shirts, he inspected them closer to see what kind of hangers they were on, hoping they were wire
Pet Friendly:
zephyrtobiaswolf

Rios made sure to balance the apples in his arms before moving forward, trying to focus on what little light the flashlight produced.

”I was on a ship before I woke up on your beach. I believe we may have crashed into something, and somehow that crash brought me here. I’m surprised no one else has washed ashore.”

The wolf-dog’s ears drooped as he spoke, his tail hanging low. Sure his target had been on that boat, but there had also been lots of good people and pets on the cruise as well. If he as the only survivor… Rios shook his head at the thought, putting on a smile for the cubs.

“Lead the way.”

Tara Truesdale - SP
Rios "Doc" Williams - TR
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:The bear shrugged. "Red one is harder to find. Crystals here, mostly blue. Probably from different part of Ridge. Cost more. Red one is ten silver. Blue one is five." He looked at Scraps again, scratching his chin .
"You don't happen to know black fox do you?" The bear asks suddenly.
Ian wrote:The hangers were in fact made of wire. But upon closer inspection it was clear the diameter of the wire itself wouldn't be able to fit into any keyhole.
The room began to get alittle brighter as Ian's eyes adjusted to the darkness.
- A few cotten shirts hung on a hanger
- a large chest sat in the corner of the closet.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The tunnel outside the gates of Cotipaxi was quite smaller than the expanse of town, stretching only around twenty meters in each direction. The gate itself covered only a few meters while the rest was made of rock. The area Lyle was referring to was further down the path near large rock formation. Along the road there was also a few other large boulders scattered here and there.
(Picture will be posted soon)
Rios wrote:"Wow! That sounds pretty cool. Well... not cool. But exciting." Castor responded.
"You sound like one those characters from the books Mom reads us sometimes." He adds.
Pollux, who was walking beside Rios looked up at him.
"So... How do you plan on getting back from... Wherever you're from."

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:The bear shrugged. "Red one is harder to find. Crystals here, mostly blue. Probably from different part of Ridge. Cost more. Red one is ten silver. Blue one is five." He looked at Scraps again, scratching his chin .
"I know a lot of animals. What's it to you?", scraps asked defensively. He didn't trust anyone prying into his personal life, especially not here where he was probably a wanted criminal.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian shook his head, he couldn't allow himself to be stuck here... his only hope was that the shirts had pockets, or there was something useful in the chest... He thought to himself for a moment before attempting to open up the chest
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:
Roarin wrote:
"I know a lot of animals. What's it to you?", scraps asked defensively. He didn't trust anyone prying into his personal life, especially not here where he was probably a wanted criminal.
Flynn noticed Scraps' reaction. well that's certainly not going to raise suspicions, he thought to himself. "You'll have to excuse my friend's manners, he's a little jumpy being in an unfamiliar town. Though I'm a bit curious why you'd ask, too."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:The tunnel outside the gates of Cotipaxi was quite smaller than the expanse of town, stretching only around twenty meters in each direction. The gate itself covered only a few meters while the rest was made of rock. The area Lyle was referring to was further down the path near large rock formation. Along the road there was also a few other large boulders scattered here and there.
(Picture will be posted soon)
Scratch kept by the boulders on the side of the road. She had this weird feeling that if she were to try and ambush an intrepid investigator who hadn't been allowed to keep her guns and hunting-knife on hand, the boulders would make a good hiding place, so she kept an eye on them. As they neared the rock formation, she tried to keep her noise level down, even putting the boulders in between her and her destination: if there was a hidden operation, she didn't want to be heard approaching...

It's funny how spending half your life investigating crimes and hunting monsters could make you paranoid like that...

(( Are the guards still watching them? They're in sight of the gate, so... ))