SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:The cat purred, it almost sounded like a laugh. "Please Mitch, we could make you do anything, we wanted." The cat's tail brushed the back of Scraps neck. "But I guess a promise is a promise. I told you I'd give you some answers didn't I... So you want to know what your helping us do?" The feline stopped and turned to face Scraps, staring at him with her purple eyes. "Your helping us win." They had reached another door and cat motioned for Scraps to open it and walk inside.
Scraps paused for a moment debating whether or not he should trust this cat. He had no idea what was behind the door but he had a hunch whatever it was could be his only way out of wherever he had ended up. He opened the door and walked inside.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:The shepherd beamed. "Awesome!" He shuffled around his wallet and took out a twenty, showing it to the cat. "I feel lucky today." As the shepherd waited he tapped his feet to the music."
Ian wrote:The fox chuckled, putting his paws in his pant pockets. "That...is not important right now" The fox walked over to the elevator buttons and pushed a button for the top floor. "But what is important is that you are in an interesting situation." He held a genuine grimace on his muzzle. "I'm sorry it had to happen to you and your friends."
Scraps wrote:What Scraps stepped onto, was six feet of air, landing in a sitting position on a large conveyer belt. Two glass walls were on either side of him. The room was full of them. Conveyer belts moving what looked to be car parts down the line through various holes in the wall (which probably went towards different rooms. The cat expertly landed behind him and sat herself down too, crossing her legs. She looked around. "Hmm... belts are running slow today so, you probably have time for two more questions..."
Scratch wrote:Coyote started laughing. "Hah! wait wait..." He stopped talking when another bout of laughter began. "You think... ahahah! You think your on an island?" The coyote slapped his knee and tried to calm himself down, which was proving to be difficult.
Jones wrote:The music slowly faded away. The natives became more and more transparent until they were gone. Nothing was left of them, no trace they were ever there. The merriment and laughter was gone. The pyramids were covered in vines and moss as if not maintained for centuries. Nothing sounded except for the raspy voice, now sounding more like it was coming from behind him. "But now their gone... Lost in the past... A forgotten memory of what used to exist.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:What Scraps stepped onto, was six feet of air, landing in a sitting position on a large conveyer belt. Two glass walls were on either side of him. The room was full of them. Conveyer belts moving what looked to be car parts down the line through various holes in the wall (which probably went towards different rooms. The cat expertly landed behind him and sat herself down too, crossing her legs. She looked around. "Hmm... belts are running slow today so, you probably have time for two more questions..."
Scraps looked around dumbfounded. What is this place? Are we on a *censored* conveyor belt right now?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:Coyote started laughing. "Hah! wait wait..." He stopped talking when another bout of laughter began. "You think... ahahah! You think your on an island?" The coyote slapped his knee and tried to calm himself down, which was proving to be difficult.
Scratch blinked, then just shrugged, giving him a weird look, "Well... Ya know what I mean... Everything's technically an "island", so when ya fall off a boat and end up somewhere, it's pretty much standard to say you're on SOME island, even if that island happens to be Africa..." She sighed and shook her head, remembering a few of the Coyote legends, mainly that this archetype could be a bit nutty, "Hey, Coyote, focus: we're talking about a "wager" you made, right? That I'd be successful in some task? Let's get on with it." She rolled her eyes, tapping a finger on the desk, eyes glancing over to the cup...
Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:a mug with a text "Ravens Suck" written on the side of the cup, encircling a picture of a raven with a big red X on it (it had a coffee stain on the rim).
She looked at it, reading the little note on it: "Ravens Suck". She seemed to recall Raven and Coyote being goofy friends, which made the cup interesting... It was probably meant in a half-joking manner...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"Sorry what had to happen... Why won't you answer my questions..." Ian began tapping his foot "Look sir, I am sorry I am all huffy with you, but I made a promise I intend to keep, and the less I know, the harder it is for me to keep it... So please, at least tell me SOMETHING...." he sighed
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

Roarin wrote:
Jones wrote:The music slowly faded away. The natives became more and more transparent until they were gone. Nothing was left of them, no trace they were ever there. The merriment and laughter was gone. The pyramids were covered in vines and moss as if not maintained for centuries. Nothing sounded except for the raspy voice, now sounding more like it was coming from behind him. "But now their gone... Lost in the past... A forgotten memory of what used to exist.
Harrison knew he shouldn't just stay in place, but logic told him that he would be somewhat safe as long s he was making the being behind him to continue his story. He slowly stepped forward with a few questions in mind "What happened to them?" he asked "Were they killed? Or have they fell victims to a disease?" He began to bring out theories "Or even just time wasn't on their side, perhaps?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:The shepherd beamed. "Awesome!" He shuffled around his wallet and took out a twenty, showing it to the cat. "I feel lucky today." As the shepherd waited he tapped his feet to the music."
"Well, let's hope that sixth sense is working." Flynn began to shuffle the three cards around on the table, slowly at first, but by the end of the shuffling his hands were moving back and forth pretty quickly.
When he stopped, he said "Now, which one of these cards has a problem with Alice?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:"Hmm... Lets see..." The shepherd held out his twenty as he tried to figure out which one was the queen. The face of confusion on the dog's face clearly showed that he wasn't able to follow Flynn's fast hands "I think its this one..." Setting the bill next to the card on the left.
Ian wrote:"The best promises are the hardest ones to keep." The fox said simply. "You know... He's not even suppose to be here." But before Ian could think of that the elevator abruptly stopped and the lights dimmed and started to flicker. "Hmph..." The black fox scoffed in contempt. "This puts me back a bit." He looked at Ian. "We're near the top floor now. There's a maintenance door that's about twenty feet up." Pointing towards the ceiling door of the elevator. The fox shrugged and walked over to a corner. "Could probably reach it by climbing the elevator cable.. Not that either of us could do it.." He kicked the elevator door. "Just have to wait for someone to get us out then..."
Scraps wrote:The cat facepawed. "Oh boy... Not the sharpest tool in the shed are we?" The feline sighed. "This." Waving her hand at the entire room. "Is a transfer area. Where parts (mostly for cars) go to their specified places and are sorted out so they can be used. And yes... we are on a ******* conveyer belt..." The cat said flatly. Scraps could see the conveyer belt curtain getting closer and closer. "You really need to choose better questions." Suddenly the belt stops abruptly. The feline looks around in slight confusion. "Well... I guess we might be here for a little bit..."
Scratch wrote:After a few minutes Coyote finally quieted down. "Ahahah... sorry." He wiped a tear from his eye. "You like the cup?" He asked, noticing the raccoon looking at it. "Got it in a bet. Ya see. It's not the reward that mattered, but the satisfaction of watching the guy wait in line as he bought." He slapped the desk. "Total humiliation. Its all in fun, of course." Coyote took his feet off the desk. "Anyways, back to the important stuff." He pointed at the raccoon. "You Ms. Scratch. Just gotta win for me. Simple as that." He smiled smugly as if he was expecting his answer to satisfy Scratch's question.
Jones wrote:"Time hasss always had that peculiar ability to rot a culture until there's nothing left but its lifeless corpse." The whisper definitely came from behind him again and was not in his head. "But please Harrissson. You of all playersss should know what happened to the Aztecsss. Am i correct? Mr. Archeologist."

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:"Hmm... Lets see..." The shepherd held out his twenty as he tried to figure out which one was the queen. The face of confusion on the dog's face clearly showed that he wasn't able to follow Flynn's fast hands "I think its this one..." Setting the bill next to the card on the left.
"Let's see if you're right." First, Flynn lifted the card in the middle to show the shepherd.
(OOC: Flynn's only gonna cheat if he needs to, so you'll have to say if the card he chose was right. but only tell me whether or not the one Flynn just picked up was the queen.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:After a few minutes Coyote finally quieted down. "Ahahah... sorry." He wiped a tear from his eye. "You like the cup?" He asked, noticing the raccoon looking at it. "Got it in a bet. Ya see. It's not the reward that mattered, but the satisfaction of watching the guy wait in line as he bought." He slapped the desk. "Total humiliation. Its all in fun, of course." Coyote took his feet off the desk. "Anyways, back to the important stuff." He pointed at the raccoon. "You Ms. Scratch. Just gotta win for me. Simple as that." He smiled smugly as if he was expecting his answer to satisfy Scratch's question.
Scratch sighed, pulling the back off her chair to stick it back into the chair behind her, leaning back so that SHE could prop her feet on the table. "Doesn't sound like it. If you're not even gonna quit gigglin' tell me what I'm s'posed to do, you'd best get whatever you bet together and get ready to hand it over to Raven, or maybe the african-child, Br'er, or whoever's stealin' yer thunder nowadays 'cause ya can't carry a conversation with someone long enough to give 'em the deal." She took a swig of something from a large, dark-brown bottle, rubbing her mouth off on the sleeve of her own leather jacket, which she was now wearing. She glanced around a little at the dull room, "This place is kinda boring, needs more tumble-weeds." She picked up a tumble-weed and rolled it out of the dingy steel-roofed bar they were talking in into the arid plains around them...

(( Feel free to have him turn that right back, OR give me a new set of imagery, just thought it'd be funny... ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought for a moment, and took off his bandana and wrapped it around his hand "I can make it... I practiced acrobatics with my owner, so this shouldn't be too much of a problem... I will come back to get you, and to make sure of that..." he handed his keepsake crystal to the fox "Tell me your name, so I know who I am getting help for" he asked
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Jones wrote:"Time hasss always had that peculiar ability to rot a culture until there's nothing left but its lifeless corpse." The whisper definitely came from behind him again and was not in his head. "But please Harrissson. You of all playersss should know what happened to the Aztecsss. Am i correct? Mr. Archeologist."
Harrison was about to jump out of his fur. The creature knew exactly who he was... let's not talk about the strange manner the being spoke with "You know who I am and what I do..." He shook his head "The Spanish Conquest ruined the empire of the Aztecs, but it was the diseases they brought with them that brought the end of a great portion of the people." the half-wolf quickly answered "And why do you refer to me and Scratch as 'players'?" He slowly turned around to face the creature "Who are you?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:The shepherd sighed in relief. "Phew. Not the queen. Was scared for a sec there. Man..." In the background people cheered as the band started a round of songs by The Eagles. The German's foot now tapped to its own beat, more out of nervousness than to the song. A loud *pop* could be heard nearby. Probably from one of the carnival games.
Ian wrote:The fox looked at Ian for a moment in thought. Then he laughed. "Just tell them The Jackal needs help. They'll understand."
Scratch wrote:Coyote scowls. "Geez...I bet Quetz doesn't have to deal with this..." He produces a dart in his hand a throws it Their surroundings now change to a carnival that looked to be by the ocean. They were sitting at one of the tables near a hot dog stand. A loud *pop!* confirmed that Coyote hit one of the balloons in a carnival game stand. "Please... you know how long I've had to deal with saloons and tumbleweeds? He grabs the bottle from Scratch and drinks from it himself. "Raven and others are small fry compared to me. You know what their problem was?" He gave the bottle back to the raccoon and drank from his own (which he conveniently found under the table). "Their problem was that, they couldn't let go of the past. But I know, its all about the future baby! The next generation." He raised his bottle in victory. "Here here!" He cheers, and oddly enough, others around him cheered with him. Coyote grinned. "Anyways, I'm straying off topic again. Okay look, lemme ask you this. Where was the last place you were, before you landed on the 'island'
Jones wrote:"You ssshould know who I am Harrissson." The voice gave a slow sandy chuckle. "I am the bringer of gold, the deity of knowledge and judgement. My people ssspilled blood for me." There standing in front of the shepherd was a giant twenty foot serpent. Its scales were bright green and its eyes a deep yellow. The slitted eyes seemed to stare into the dog's soul. But the part that stood out the most was the pair of large feathered wings the snake had, its feathers a multitude of colors. It had a sickly grin on its face. "Who am I?"

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:The cat facepawed. "Oh boy... Not the sharpest tool in the shed are we?" The feline sighed. "This." Waving her hand at the entire room. "Is a transfer area. Where parts (mostly for cars) go to their specified places and are sorted out so they can be used. And yes... we are on a ******* conveyer belt..." The cat said flatly.Scraps could see the conveyer belt curtain getting closer and closer. "You really need to choose better questions." Suddenly the belt stops abruptly. The feline looks around in slight confusion. "Well... I guess we might be here for a little bit..."
[
Suits me just fine I have plenty of questions and if you want any kind of help from me I'm going to need some answers. I don't care who you or your boss are, if you're not telling me what I'm helping you "win" you'll have to find your muscle some other place.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scraps wrote: The cat growled. "Look, can you get it through your thick head!" The feline seemed furious for some reason, fur standing on end. "You don't have a choice in this! None of the players do. Losing is not an option!" She crossed her arms and look a deep breath. "Especially for you..." She grumbled.

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote: The cat growled. "Look, can you get it through your thick head!" The feline seemed furious for some reason, fur standing on end. "You don't have a choice in this! None of the players do. Losing is not an option!" She crossed her arms and look a deep breath. "Especially for you..." She grumbled.
Scraps was taken aback by the cat's sudden show of emotion but he was still more confused than anything else. So if I'm a player then what's the game? You know for someone who promised answers you're not the most helpful cat I've ever met.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Scraps wrote:The cat shrugged. "Hey, I'd be more helpful if you asked batter questions." She sighed and laid down on her back, her hands in her apron pockets. "Look, the game is just... The Game. It's...hard to explain... There's different players all trying to win. And winning is a good thing. Losing is...not so good."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian gave a thumbs up before pulling himself up to the top of the elevator "I'll be back as soon as possible, and then I can figure out whats going on here!" he called, shutting the hatch and taking off his collar to put on his other hand "Alright up we go... twenty feet..." he said to himself and grabbed the cable, begining his ascent
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian gave a thumbs up before pulling himself up to the top of the elevator "I'll be back as soon as possible, and then I can figure out whats going on here!" he called, shutting the hatch and taking off his collar to put on his other hand "Alright up we go... twenty feet..." he said to himself and grabbed the cable, begining his ascent
The fox waved as the hatch was shut. "Good luck."
Even though the vertical tunnel was pretty dark Ian could see a small platform and a door, dimly lighted by a flickering lightbulb. It wasn't that far of a jump, but it wasn't that close either. Another elevator whooshed past the one that stopped blowing a gust of air in Ian's face.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian tightened his grip as an elevater zoomed past him, the wind scaring him a bit "T-That was close...." he said to himself, before returning to the task at hand. It was a bit far but if he got a bit of motion before he jumped he could just make it. He began to lean back and forth, getting what little swing he could and finally made his leap
Pet Friendly:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:The cat shrugged. "Hey, I'd be more helpful if you asked batter questions." She sighed and laid down on her back, her hands in her apron pockets. "Look, the game is just... The Game. It's...hard to explain... There's different players all trying to win. And winning is a good thing. Losing is...not so good."
So how do players get picked for the game? I'm not really sure how I even got here let alone how I ended up in some game I apparently have to play.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:Ian stumbled but managed to get footing on the small platform. The door was in front of him and it didn't look like he needed a key.
Scraps wrote:"Where were you before you washed up onto shore?" The cat asked. Her voice seemed tired.

Ref Ref!
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Jones wrote:"You ssshould know who I am Harrissson." The voice gave a slow sandy chuckle. "I am the bringer of gold, the deity of knowledge and judgement. My people ssspilled blood for me." There standing in front of the shepherd was a giant twenty foot serpent. Its scales were bright green and its eyes a deep yellow. The slitted eyes seemed to stare into the dog's soul. But the part that stood out the most was the pair of large feathered wings the snake had, its feathers a multitude of colors. It had a sickly grin on its face. "Who am I?"
Harrison stood in front of the giant deity unable to move, his eyes wide open, he was sure he skipped a heartbeat. All he could say was "By the Fates... Quetzalcoatl..." His adventurous instinct quickly got him out of his stupor "You mentioned us to be 'players'. Players in what exactly?"

My RP Characters
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian let out a sigh of relief "Thank goodness..." he said as he slid open the door, slipping though "Ok now to find help... Oh and of course put my collar on..."" he shook his head and put his collar and bandana on, wondering why only at that time did he feel naked
Pet Friendly:
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:"Where were you before you washed up onto shore?" The cat asked. Her voice seemed tired.
I was on the deck of a ship and then everything just kind of... scraps struggled for words to describe what had happened, Everything just sort of went away. I know that doesn't make any sense but one second I was on the deck of a cruise ship and the next I woke up on the beach. I know that there were at least two other pets that ended up here but I have no idea where they are now.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:Coyote scowls. "Geez...I bet Quetz doesn't have to deal with this..." He produces a dart in his hand a throws it Their surroundings now change to a carnival that looked to be by the ocean. They were sitting at one of the tables near a hot dog stand. A loud *pop!* confirmed that Coyote hit one of the balloons in a carnival game stand. "Please... you know how long I've had to deal with saloons and tumbleweeds? He grabs the bottle from Scratch and drinks from it himself. "Raven and others are small fry compared to me. You know what their problem was?" He gave the bottle back to the raccoon and drank from his own (which he conveniently found under the table). "Their problem was that, they couldn't let go of the past. But I know, its all about the future baby! The next generation." He raised his bottle in victory. "Here here!" He cheers, and oddly enough, others around him cheered with him. Coyote grinned. "Anyways, I'm straying off topic again. Okay look, lemme ask you this. Where was the last place you were, before you landed on the 'island'
Scratch looked around, nodding at the change in decor, "Ya mean gettin' drunk off my fluffy butt on a boat? I kinda figured I got washed overboard and ended up on some nearby beach, unless you're tellin' me something else happened..." She glanced around, "Future eh?" She got up and walked over to a lever, and as she pulled it, the floating-carnival airship lifted off the ground, floating over the ocean as they left the beach behind. Scratch plopped said fluffy butt back down in her classy leather arm chair, and went back to drinking from the same bottle, "Listen, just tell me this so we can get on with the conversation: what do you need me to do, and how are you gonna help me do it?" She smirked and took another swig. Despite her insistence that Coyote just up and TELL her what the heck he wanted, she actually didn't mind any of the silliness, though she was well aware that she couldn't stay in the vision forever and really wanted to get the information she needed before she left. (The other option was to just ignore him and do whatever she was gonna do in the first place...)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:"Oh good. Almost thought you didn't make the jump.". Said a familiar voice in a very familiar British accent. The black fox was standing in front of him, looking at his golden watch. "Hmm... A bit slower than I thought but that's fine. Not like it was life or death or anything like that.". The black fox produced a charming grin before turning around and walking down a hallway with walls mostly composed of bright brown bricks (kinda what they used for the pyramids). "Come on old chum. We need to weigh out our options here.". As he disappeared around a turn. If Ian looked behind him he would have noticed that the door behind him disappeared and was replaced with a very solid wall.
Scraps wrote:"Cruise ship.". The cat remarked. She sat up.and stretched. "That was the chosen location for character selection. The GM is a wackjob... Of all the places... Must have been something in his tea the day he picked that place...". She shook her head. "Aaanyways, those two pets probably got chosen by some others.".
Jones wrote:The snake nodded as Harrison said his name. "It'ssss nice to know not everyone has forgotten about us ancientsss. Even better to know my pick has some brains.". Looking at Jones. "You my friend, are one of ssseven who have been drafted into The Game.". The snake chuckled. "Sssseven. What an astounding number. Jussst rolls right off the tounge.".
Scratch wrote:The coyote snapped his fingers and they were grounded again, sitting back on a park bech next to the hotdog stand, the carnival continued . "Your dang right you were on that ship. And so were six other pets. All chosen to play The Game for their respective sponsors. Look I keep tellin you. All you gotta do, is win.". He pointed to the scene around him. "This place is particularly important... For now anyways.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"N-Nice trick..." Ian looked back once more before running to catch up "Can I have my crystal back... its kinda important to me..." he asked, keeping pace with the fox, even more questions popping into his head
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:The coyote snapped his fingers and they were grounded again, sitting back on a park bech next to the hotdog stand, the carnival continued . "Your dang right you were on that ship. And so were six other pets. All chosen to play The Game for their respective sponsors. Look I keep tellin you. All you gotta do, is win.". He pointed to the scene around him. "This place is particularly important... For now anyways.
Scratch nodded, "Ok then. So I'm assuming Harrison is one of them, so I've got five more 'pets' to find." she narrowed her eyes with a smirk, "I'm guessing you're bending the rules pretty far to get someone like me in..." She took another swig, then rubbed her mouth on her sleeve again, "Mph... So, what exactly is this 'Game' that we're 'playing'? Not much I can do to win if I don't know what I'm doin'..."
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Scraps wrote:"Cruise ship.". The cat remarked. She sat up.and stretched. "That was the chosen location for character selection. The GM is a wackjob... Of all the places... Must have been something in his tea the day he picked that place...". She shook her head. "Aaanyways, those two pets probably got chosen by some others.".
Alright so why did he choose us out of the whole cruise ship full of pets and how did he get us to wherever we are now?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Jones wrote:The snake nodded as Harrison said his name. "It'ssss nice to know not everyone has forgotten about us ancientsss. Even better to know my pick has some brains.". Looking at Jones. "You my friend, are one of ssseven who have been drafted into The Game.". The snake chuckled. "Sssseven. What an astounding number. Jussst rolls right off the tounge.".
"So we weren't alone that night..." Harrison mumbled to himself, then looked at the entity in front of him "So, we are players. What exactly is this little Game of yours?" The canine asked slightly irritated "And why were we chosen?"

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:The black fox tossed it to the malamute without looking and opened a door. They entered a simple office. One side of the office wall was painted black while the other was white. A desk with a computer and some other doodads were set in the middle of the room. The fox straightened his jacket before sitting down in a chair behind the desk, pointing to a seat for Ian to sit in that was on the opposite side. He typed on the keyboard and looked at the screen (which was facing away from Ian). "Now that we are in my office, you may ask your questions." Hieroglyphs were inscribed on all on walls, filling up all the space. A large golden scale (like the one used to weigh stuff with the two plate things on each side of it) was tucked in a corner of the room.
Scraps wrote:"Everyone is chosen for a reason. Each one has their own special attribute or skills."
Scratch wrote: What ME? Bend the rules?". The coyote looked offended. "I would never...". He let out a long laugh a few seconds later. "But sorry to disappoint you but I'm stumped. Just like you.". He shrugged and pointed up at the sky. "Higher ups decides what the objective is. The GM to be exact. Hey, it wasn't my idea to put you on the 'island'...you can blame him for that..". He scratched the back of his head. "Course... If you want to blame someone for choosing you to go there...". He held is hands up in surrender. "I apologize full hearted. No joke.". Coyote said, grinning
Jones wrote:The snake flicked his tail. "The game isss... The Game.". The snake shrugged (however a snake does that...). "You all were a chosen because your... Different than the rest of the occupants of that dreadful ship."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian caught his crystal, fumbling forr a second before getting a grip. As they entered the office he looked around for a minute and finally began asking questions "How do you know my name?" he asked "And just where are we?"
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:"What ME? Bend the rules?". The coyote looked offended. "I would never...". He let out a long laugh a few seconds later. "But sorry to disappoint you but I'm stumped. Just like you.". He shrugged and pointed up at the sky. "Higher ups decides what the objective is. The GM to be exact. Hey, it wasn't my idea to put you on the 'island'...you can blame him for that..". He scratched the back of his head. "Course... If you want to blame someone for choosing you to go there...". He held is hands up in surrender. "I apologize full hearted. No joke.". Coyote said, grinning
Scratch shrugged, "Hey, adventure's my thing. I was gettin' bored on the ship anyway. As long as everyone gets to come out in one piece, I don't mind." She leaned back, stretching her arms out on the bench, sitting next to him. "So, sounds like you guys are playin' some cosmic game, and you've decided to drag the seven of us into it." She shrugged, taking another swig, "So, what are the rules between us, and who else is in on this?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:The shepherd sighed in relief. "Phew. Not the queen. Was scared for a sec there. Man..." In the background people cheered as the band started a round of songs by The Eagles. The German's foot now tapped to its own beat, more out of nervousness than to the song. A loud *pop* could be heard nearby. Probably from one of the carnival games.
Flynn let the card in his hand drop under the table. "Whoops. I'm such a butterfingers sometimes," He laughed as he bent under the table to pick up the card, while he slipped his other paw into his collar and pulled out the extra card he had drawn earlier. as he came back above the table, he placed the dropped card back on the table while hiding the new card under his paw.
"Now, It's not too late to change your bet if you want." Flynn said with a friendly smile.
(OOC: now you need to say if the sucker gets suspicious or not.)
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Roarin wrote:
Jones wrote:The snake flicked his tail. "The game isss... The Game.". The snake shrugged (however a snake does that...). "You all were a chosen because your... Different than the rest of the occupants of that dreadful ship."
"What do you mean by different?" Harrison asked, afraid of what the fate of the ship might have been "And what, by the Fates, are the rules of this 'Game' of yours?" the half-wolf raised an eyebrow "I know there must be some sort of catch, some sort of point. If you want me to participate, you better start talking!" The canine spoke, completely ignoring the power the being in front of him possessed

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:. The fox chuckled as he continued to type away at his computer. "I know your name because it's my assigned job to know. Its my job to make sure the rules are balanced. And the scales aren't tipped in anyone's favor.". The fox looked at Ian. "Now, as for where you are. You are in a mental construct created by your mind that has been slightly modified by yours truly.".
Flynn wrote:"Eh, no biggee.". The shepherd said with a shrug. His face suggested he had no idea about the switch. "And I think I'll stick with my choice. Got a good feeling about it.". He looked around and his ears twitched slightly as he waited for Flynn.
Scratch wrote:Coyote leaned forward and lowered his voice. "Well... Truth be told... This particular game has been goin kinda weirdly. We usually don't do repeats and...". He looked around and spotted something of interest. "Ah!". Coyote's ears perked up. "To answer who is else is playing.". He pointed to something behind Scratch.
Jones wrote:"WANT you to participate? Want?!". The snake's head shot forward until it was level with Harrison, only a foot away. "Lisssten here, dog.". It's tounge flickered but it's gaze was unblinking, staring the shepherd down. "You are in no position to be making demandsss! And even more, you think you have a choice?!". The snake scoffed. "Mortals... Look here, you know what I sssaw from you that no one else on that excuse of a ship had? It wasss...potential.". Saying the last word in an unusually upbeat tone.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

""Mental construct,,, as in a dream? If so how could someone change it other than me?" Ian asked and crossed his arms "And your job?! Am I being watched over or something? Rules? Aren't tipped in whose favor?!?"
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:Coyote leaned forward and lowered his voice. "Well... Truth be told... This particular game has been goin kinda weirdly. We usually don't do repeats and...". He looked around and spotted something of interest. "Ah!". Coyote's ears perked up. "To answer who is else is playing.". He pointed to something behind Scratch.
Scratched took another swig as he talked, laid back next to him on the bench. She craned her head a little to see where he was pointing and look, "Hmm?" She just saw a crowd, but she realized that one of them had to be real. She closed her eyes for a second, clearing her mind to see through the illusion, marking everything that had a real-world counterpart for herself before reopening them and looking into the crowd...

(( Heh... Just pointing doesn't give me much else to do but make Scratch push the whole "vision control" thing more... ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn wrote:"Eh, no biggee.". The shepherd said with a shrug. His face suggested he had no idea about the switch. "And I think I'll stick with my choice. Got a good feeling about it.". He looked around and his ears twitched slightly as he waited for Flynn.
"Well, good luck to you, pal," Flynn said as he slid the paw with the extra card over top of the card that the dog had wagered on. He maneuvered it so the extra card slid under the card on the table while his paw went over it, then he picked it up to reveal the extra card, which was not the Queen of hearts.
"ouch. Sorry. Can't win 'em all, am I right?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets