SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by The Moon Howler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Alright!" Scratch said with a nod and a smile, "I'll just toss 'em on the bed then..." She walked back in, tossed them all gently on the bed, then walked back out to help him with more...
This time when Scratch came back, Harrison was half-way through his pile "Fast one, aye?" He asked with a smile, while continuing to collect the leaves "I'm not done yet, but you can wait here if you want."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"I can help too!" Scratch said, and started to pick up leaves herself, quickly making her own bushel of clean leaves to bed in. "Anything else you wanna talk about?" she asked, trying to make conversation as they worked...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch nodded, picking up a few rocks as she looked around the cave, noting that it did indeed go back a long way, and seemed like it might be easy to travel though, as far as she could see in the firelight. (What else did she see?)

She kept picking up rocks as she finished her fire setup, rolling them into the pit to situate around the edge of the main fire. When she'd managed to loosely surround the fire with rocks, she took a large, relatively flat one, and carefully positioned it right on top of the burning logs, causing the fire to go down a bit and making the cave a bit darker: the fire would last a long time now without alot of wood usage... She went and grabbed some old leaves that had gotten into the cave and tossed those in too, making a little bit of smoke to scare out the bugs that might come after them in the night. Satisfied, she nodded at her little campfire, then, leaving some extra wood next to the pit to toss in if needed, she went to help Harrison finish the bed...

(( Roarin> 1) Describe the cave fully now that it's been fully illuminated 2) Tell us if we find anything interesting 3) Get on Skype ))

The fire fully illuminated the section of the cave. The black fog chased away by the new warm light. The walls lining inside of the cave were smooth and gray. Scratch marks showed signs it was used for writing, though none were readable or looked like they were written recently. The only thing that was distinctive was a equilateral triangle. Unlike many of the things scrawled in the wall this was the only thing that looked carefully etched, so as to ingrain it in the memory of the cave, forever. A pool of water collected into a pool further down the mouth of the cave, probably formed by the water dripping down from the stalactites hanging from the roof (and where that water came from? who knows.). Besides that, nothing else could currently be found.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:I think so. Scrapps patted himself down quickly to see if there were any injuries. Couple scrapes but it doesn't look like anthing too serious. I think this is what those two on the beach were waiting for, we might want to make ourselves scarce.
"Now, hold on. There may be people hurt in here. We should help."
Plus, if we help their comrades they may not shoot us and they'll owe us a favor.
Flynn walked to look in the cockpits of the plane to try and help the pilots.

When Flynn went to look in the cockpit, it was absent of people, animals, or anything living. The plane exterior was dusty, the paint worn by sand. It looked like it hadnt been operational for ages. Probably sat in that tree for decades. Whatever the two strangers were waiting for, it wasn't this. But he'd need a light to examine it closer.

"What the hell was that?"
"I told you!"
"Fine... go check it out... Hey, look, that thing might be useful tonight.". The gruff voice almost seemed terribly, terribly happy.
WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian picked up a nearbye piece of wood, striking a match and lighting the end of the wood, makin a small torch, continuing towards the direction the sound came from
The darkness receded alittle, giving him a brighter orb of vision. Still nothing could be seen or heard. The direction of the sound became harder and harder to determine, growing more into a memory than a definite. But on he walked. Walking...walking...walking...(i assure you, this all has a purpose)
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Upon hearing the voices, Flynn didn't know what to do. "Well, now we run," he said to scraps before running from the crash.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian stopped for a moment "D-Did the sound really come from this way or... was it that way... Was there really a sound.... he spoke quietly to himself, choosing to continue onward "N-No I'm sure I heard something... I'm positive..."
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"I can help too!" Scratch said, and started to pick up leaves herself, quickly making her own bushel of clean leaves to bed in. "Anything else you wanna talk about?" she asked, trying to make conversation as they worked...
"Aye, that I do." Harrison nodded "Ye never actually told me did you found anything interesting while investigatin' with yer daddy." He was nearly done with collecting a much larger pile of leaves now.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps ran after Flynn he tried to keep track of where they were going but he was for the most part running aimlessly.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:"Aye, that I do." Harrison nodded "Ye never actually told me did you found anything interesting while investigatin' with yer daddy." He was nearly done with collecting a much larger pile of leaves now.
"Well," Scratch began, building her own bundle, "I'm... Not sure how much you'd actually believe but, we've done alot of stuff together: uncovered ancient ruins, thwarted political plots, exposed corporate pollution, investigated alien abductions, helped said aliens get home when we realized it was just one big misunderstanding, had a shootout with NAZI Zombies... Oh, this one time we saw this really tall monster dude, and he was chasing us and these other people... Not really sure how we got away from that one... I think someone rammed a bus full of explosives into him though..." She shrugged, chuckling as she realized how nutty some of her adventures sounded, "Aaanyway, yeah, we travel around the country having cool adventures... Oh! We wrote some books about it too! You know that book series, "Midnight Roads"? That's us..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Upon hearing the voices, Flynn didn't know what to do. "Well, now we run," he said to scraps before running from the crash.
Trees and dark figures (probably more trees) whizzed past him as he ran from the crash site. The distant stomping of feet behind him became distant. The trees started to thin and he found sand back under his pads. And *splash!* cold water hit his foot as a shallow wave hit the shore. (he is now near the shore)
Seth wrote:Scraps ran after Flynn he tried to keep track of where they were going but he was for the most part running aimlessly.
Running running running Scraps hurried through the forest, away from the crash. He could hear voices behind him as he ran.

"There a big plane on the ground."
"Not important. Use your ears, didn't you hear footsteps?" The male voice didn't seem fazed at all by the plane crash
"No... now i think your hearing things..."
"Just shut up and come on!"

Scraps could hear them. Their distance not getting any closer, but not getting any further.
WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian stopped for a moment "D-Did the sound really come from this way or... was it that way... Was there really a sound.... he spoke quietly to himself, choosing to continue onward "N-No I'm sure I heard something... I'm positive..."
Nothing but the waves could be heard for awhile. Then suddenly, Ian's ears detected a subtle stomping of feet against the sand. It was coming from closer to the shore (Flynn).

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn jumped a little when the water hit his pads and he stopped running.
"I hope we lost them." he said to himself.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Well," Scratch began, building her own bundle, "I'm... Not sure how much you'd actually believe but, we've done alot of stuff together: uncovered ancient ruins, thwarted political plots, exposed corporate pollution, investigated alien abductions, helped said aliens get home when we realized it was just one big misunderstanding, had a shootout with NAZI Zombies... Oh, this one time we saw this really tall monster dude, and he was chasing us and these other people... Not really sure how we got away from that one... I think someone rammed a bus full of explosives into him though..." She shrugged, chuckling as she realized how nutty some of her adventures sounded, "Aaanyway, yeah, we travel around the country having cool adventures... Oh! We wrote some books about it too! You know that book series, "Midnight Roads"? That's us..."
"Ruins are my specialty. I don't mess in corporative or political games." Harrison commented "And for the aliens I do believe ya. After all, I've recovered a sarcophagus that I am pretty sure wasn't human and the tablet with him got some strange carving about which part of the team kept on insisting was a map of the true Cities of gold." The half-wolf shook his head "But I in no way can believe the part about Nazi zombies. Spirits - yes, but not zombies. I did however encountered a golem."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch gave a little whine, "But... But... they were totally NAZI Zombies! We had to hold them off with tommy guns! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with rifles! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with handguns! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with baseball bats!" Her eyes, alreadhy wide with terror, widened even more, "...And then we ran out of bullets..." She trailed off, staring wide-eyed off into the distance, having looked into the heart of darkness where no man dares to tread, the place of ill where none can truly return from...

Scratch blinked, "Oh, but we got out ok!" She smiled and started heading back into the cave...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian's ears perked up at the footsteps, as he got closer, voices, and one he recognized "F-Flynn!" he called and hesitated for a minute, waiting for him to call back, incase it was his ears playing tricks
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch gave a little whine, "But... But... they were totally NAZI Zombies! We had to hold them off with tommy guns! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with rifles! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with handguns! ...And then we ran out of bullets, so we had to hold them off with baseball bats!" Her eyes, alreadhy wide with terror, widened even more, "...And then we ran out of bullets..." She trailed off, staring wide-eyed off into the distance, having looked into the heart of darkness where no man dares to tread, the place of ill where none can truly return from...

Scratch blinked, "Oh, but we got out ok!" She smiled and started heading back into the cave...
"I... see." Harrison titled his head as he gathered the last leaves for his pile and picked it up, following "And where exactly did ya found Nazi zombies in America?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch walked inside and tossed her leaves into the bed, "Crashed U-boat we found buried up in northern Nunavut, it got unburied in a glacial shift." she shrugged, "Anyway, I think the bed's done for now..." She walked over to the wall, standing near the triangle, "It looks like someone's been scratching things into these walls, but I don't think anyone's been here in a while... Maybe we're not on an uncharted island after all?"
The Moon Howler

Harrison put his leaves on the bed as well and followed Scratch to the carvings "Well, I'll still have some work on the bed. Wouldn't wanna lie in a simple pile, now would ya?" he asked "Now about those carvings..." He stared at them for a few seconds "Definitely old, and this cave may have been temporarily inhabited, judging by how clean it actually is, but the triangle over here... it seems to be the only preserved part of them all.. as if renewed over and over. By plain sight I can see three layers of markings, so that means there were 3 groups of temporal settlers.." He said confidently. He knew what he was explaining. After all, that was his job.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, thinking about what he was saying, "I guess that would make sense..." She thought a bit more, "All the writing though implies to me that we're on the mainland of somewhere with some intelligent civilization: who else would be writing on cave walls?" She nodded, "We may not need live out of this cave for too long!" she grinned, leaning over to pat Harrison on the back in happiness...
The Moon Howler

"Not sure whether we're on mainland or an island, but he marking are definitely from intelligent beings, using different languages. Yet the light from the fire is not good for reading such." Harrison smiled as Scratch patted his back "I suggest we look at them in the morning. The sunlight is always the better choice." He looked at the base of the bed and the piles of leaves on it "And now to fix that bed. Wouldn't want us to sleep on mere piles, where I could make them a bit more comfortable, right?" He went to the bed and began placing the leaves in layers. After a few minutes, the bed had nice cover of several layers of leaves. "There it is - a green mattress." The half-wolf grinned at his work "Wanna try it, Scratch?"

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

While he did that, Scratch examined the writing on the wall, running a claw over some of the writings, and then briefly through the grooves of the triangle. She glanced back at him, "Try it?" she walked over with a shrug, "Well... I guess it's kinda late... Not too tired though... I feel like I could keep going for another half-hour: raccoons are nocturnal, but I'm used to waking up at dawn..." she turned around and flopped lightly on the bed, stretching out a bit before patting the spot next to her with a grin, "Care to join me?"

(( Roarin> By the way, if there's anything plot-important about things that we're looking at, like the direction/shape of the triangle, or the kind of thing we can make out scrawled on the wall, make sure you've described that. ))
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Roarin wrote:
Seth wrote:Scraps ran after Flynn he tried to keep track of where they were going but he was for the most part running aimlessly.
Running running running Scraps hurried through the forest, away from the crash. He could hear voices behind him as he ran.

"There a big plane on the ground."
"Not important. Use your ears, didn't you hear footsteps?" The male voice didn't seem fazed at all by the plane crash
"No... now i think your hearing things..."
"Just shut up and come on!"

Scraps could hear them. Their distance not getting any closer, but not getting any further.
Scraps kept running hoping that he could lose whoever was following him in the trees. He looked around for something that could serve as a hiding place.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:While he did that, Scratch examined the writing on the wall, running a claw over some of the writings, and then briefly through the grooves of the triangle. She glanced back at him, "Try it?" she walked over with a shrug, "Well... I guess it's kinda late... Not too tired though... I feel like I could keep going for another half-hour: raccoons are nocturnal, but I'm used to waking up at dawn..." she turned around and flopped lightly on the bed, stretching out a bit before patting the spot next to her with a grin, "Care to join me?"
Harrison blushed at her offer "I... um... I... is it ... I mean... If it's okay with ya, you know..." he began to stutter. He blushed even more, ashamed from his stuttering.

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Seth wrote: Scraps kept running hoping that he could lose whoever was following him in the trees. He looked around for something that could serve as a hiding place.
In the faded blackness in front of him Scraps could see the outline of a dark tunnel. Maybe he could lose them in there.

"Hey, you. Stop!".

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian's ears perked up at the footsteps, as he got closer, voices, and one he recognized "F-Flynn!" he called and hesitated for a minute, waiting for him to call back, incase it was his ears playing tricks
Flynn's ears twitched as he heard this. "Ian?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian ran over to his friend and hugged him "[ccolor=darkblue]Sorry I got lost, I am glad I found you! D-Did you hear that loud crash!?[/color] he asked as he let go of Flynn "I came by this way looking for it..." he looked towards the direction he was heading and hit a sudden realisation "S-SAMAKI!!! I forgot Samaki!" he paced
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn was slightly uncomfortable in the hug, and was relieved when he was released. "Hear it? I was right next to it. It looked like an old-timey plane crashed... Who's Samaki?" Then he turned around back towards the woods. "Ah, carp. I thought Scraps was right behind me."
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison blushed at her offer "I... um... I... is it ... I mean... If it's okay with ya, you know..." he began to stutter. He blushed even more, ashamed from his stuttering.
Scratch narrowed her eyes, giving a sly grin, "Nervous? Harrison?" she asked in a mildly seductive tone. She pulled herself up into a reclining pose, resting on one arm as she brushed her headfur back with the other, looking at him with a sideways smirk, "Why does it make you nervous to lie down next to me Harrison, do you ind me... attractive?" Outwardly, she gave a very seductive appearance, but inside, she was giggling like a nutter...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

"You know exactly where the crash was, if so we will check in the morning, But right now I have to get back to Samaki, I mad a promise I would stay close by until we were able to get home, if you want to come with me I will make you the same promise, but I don't intend to break the one I already made"Ian sharpened his resolve and turned back towards the direction he came from "Samaki! he called and began to jog
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

No way am I risking my tail to go back and help Scraps, Flynn thought in his usual self-serving manner.
"I'll come with you, I'm sure Scraps is fine. It's not like there's anyone chasing him with a gun or anything."
and at that, he followed Ian.
(OOC: just noticed I said Ian in the last post when I meant Scraps. fixed.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:"You know exactly where the crash was, if so we will check in the morning, But right now I have to get back to Samaki, I mad a promise I would stay close by until we were able to get home, if you want to come with me I will make you the same promise, but I don't intend to break the one I already made"Ian sharpened his resolve and turned back towards the direction he came from "Samaki! he called and began to jog
There was no way of telling he was going back the same way he came. His footsteps were long gone, washed away by the tide. And no reply met his call.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian shook his head, he refused to just give up "Samaki!" he called once more and began to run "SAMAKI!" he barked hoping he would hear "SAMAKIIIII!" at this point his voice was a howl I promised you Samaki, and I won't turn back now! We will get home Samaki! And I'm gonna be there! Every step of the way! he thought to himself "SAMAKI!"
Pet Friendly:
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison blushed at her offer "I... um... I... is it ... I mean... If it's okay with ya, you know..." he began to stutter. He blushed even more, ashamed from his stuttering.
Scratch narrowed her eyes, giving a sly grin, "Nervous? Harrison?" she asked in a mildly seductive tone. She pulled herself up into a reclining pose, resting on one arm as she brushed her headfur back with the other, looking at him with a sideways smirk, "Why does it make you nervous to lie down next to me Harrison, do you ind me... attractive?" Outwardly, she gave a very seductive appearance, but inside, she was giggling like a nutter...
"I... uh... It's really not what you're thinkin'!" Harrison began explaining, blushing even more, scratching the back of his neck "It's just that... I never actually... you know... slept with... a female... or anyone at all..." he finally admitted.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch sighed, relaxing a bit, "Oh.... Well that's ok... it's... Nice. You just sorta lie down next to me and... Well..." she shrugged, "Sleep...?" she chuckled a bit, then flopped back, pouting a bit, "Although, I was kinda flattered that a big, strong, male wolf found little ol' me attractive... hee hee..."
The Moon Howler

"Well, I.. you know..." Harrison began to stutter once again then facepawed in order to stop talking and regain his ability to speak full sentences "Well, technically you're the first non-human female I spend so much time as it is..." He finally got enough courage to lay on the bed (on his back) next to Scratch "I hope ya don't mind me laying next to you."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch grinned, but toned down the seductive tone for him, "Nope! That's ok!" She rolled over to put her paw on his chest and her chin on his shoulder, giving him a little hug, "I hope YOU don't mind me SNUGLING you a bit!" She nuzzled his shoulder with a grin and a giggle...
The Moon Howler

Harrison's blush reddened even more "I certainly don't... uh... mind... ya know... snuggling with ye." he put a paw on her back and began to stoke it gently.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch purred a little, nuzzling a little more, "Mmm... That's right... Don't be shy about it..." She nuzzled against him a little more, then yawned against his chest, "Awwah! Well, it's late, and I'm comfy... I guess I could use a bit of sleep now... You?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Ian shook his head, he refused to just give up "Samaki!" he called once more and began to run "SAMAKI!" he barked hoping he would hear "SAMAKIIIII!" at this point his voice was a howl I promised you Samaki, and I won't turn back now! We will get home Samaki! And I'm gonna be there! Every step of the way! he thought to himself "SAMAKI!"
Flynn was still following Ian, but wasn't sure if he could keep up with his running.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch purred a little, nuzzling a little more, "Mmm... That's right... Don't be shy about it..." She nuzzled against him a little more, then yawned against his chest, "Awwah! Well, it's late, and I'm comfy... I guess I could use a bit of sleep now... You?"
"Yes" Harrison said, getting used to the idea of sharing the bed with someone else "I can definitely can use some sleep." The half wolf said as he began to relax even more and yawned loud, letting out a little whimper along.
"Mind if I..." The half-wolf gently moved her head to lay on his muscle, while he repositioned sideways, looking at Scratch. "Night, Scratch!" The wolf closed his eyes.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:"Yes" Harrison said, getting used to the idea of sharing the bed with someone else "I can definitely can use some sleep." The half wolf said as he began to relax even more and yawned loud, letting out a little whimper along.
"Mind if I..." The half-wolf gently moved her head to lay on his muscle, while he repositioned sideways, looking at Scratch. "Night, Scratch!" The wolf closed his eyes.
Scratch repositioned herself, putting her leg up on his belly now too as she got comfortable against him. She nuzzled and spoke softly, eyes already closed, "Night Harrison..." She smiled and started to doze off...

Nearby, the fire crackled a little, warming, smoking, and dimly lighting the cave. Silently, Scratch said a small prayer to the spirits around them, and to the spirits in the fire to watch over them through the night...

(( Hey Roarin> Feel free to do whatever, like wake us or something... ))
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Although Ian's persistence was admirable, exhaustion was taking a toll on his and Flynn's body. The beach seemed to stretch forever. The bottom line was he needed to find a place to crash or else they'd be in trouble.

But luck was on his side when he spotted his makeshift tent out of the corner of his eye.

(Need to get everyone asleep 1st. plannin some stuff)

Ref Ref!