Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Esper
20th Level Paladin

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by Esper »

HarlequinRed wrote:
As the vets tended to Reno and Iudex had his guard let down the figure appeared behind the oblivious cat. His presence seemed to dampen any kind of magical feedback Iudex would receive and leave him feeling cold. Before he could do anything though the figure raised his hand and left it an inch away from the back of the cat's neck.
NOT MY FAULT I'M SORRY FORGIVE ME
He then pushed his hand against the back of the cat's neck, sending a slight shock throughout his entire body. He could feel the energy and link with magic slowly dissipating as if it was getting sapped away.
Iudex growled angrily, swinging the umbrella behind him, "What did I say?" he whispered, "Must I call in a my father?" his voice a hiss

From the shadows, the Man With Pristine Bandages on is head peered on at the events befor him, the action of this other figure were and insult before, but now he was stealing his prey. This could not stand! The Bandage man had made his mind up, this would either end now, or soon. With an I audible bang, bandage man stood behind the shadowy figure, "MINE!" he screamed into the Shadow's head
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

As Iudex swung his umbrella around the figure was already gone as if he was never there. It had done what it had come to do and little did the cat know his magical powers would begin to go away at a very dramatic pace. It would start as an absent feeling and soon enough he'd barely be able to conjure even the simplest of spells.

The figure was gone with the wind but he watched from a distance as a black X mark appeared on the back of Iudex's neck before slowly dissappearing.
Call me Red or Harley, either is fine.

Characters:
(BsM)
Mason Castor: S-4 P-4 E-7 C-8 I-6 A-8 L-5
(EC)
Parker Vester: S-9 P-7 E-8 C-5 I-4 A-6 L-3
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

HarlequinRed wrote:As Iudex swung his umbrella around the figure was already gone as if he was never there. It had done what it had come to do and little did the cat know his magical powers would begin to go away at a very dramatic pace. It would start as an absent feeling and soon enough he'd barely be able to conjure even the simplest of spells.

The figure was gone with the wind but he watched from a distance as a black X mark appeared on the back of Iudex's neck before slowly dissappearing.
Iudex stood with a frown, he knew this would happen someday, "Goodbye..." he thought ruefully, turning silently, walking silently away into the city, leaving Reno alone. Rejected... Alone... Thoughts rattled in his head unbidden, Homeless... Lifeless... Iudex shook his head, Just like before! Nothing special! Just another stray cat! His inner voice grew louder and louder until he shouted untill his throat was too raw to shout anymore and he took shelter in an alley. It was true though; Iudex would have to leave his home, if his owner didn't kick him out, he wouldnt be able to stand being useless in the eyes of his master

The Bandaged man was very upset, this could not stand! The proxy knew his place was to keep people safe from The Operator. How could he possibly protect Iudex if the cat was powerless to defend himself on his own? Rage began to fill his head. Determined, Bandaged man began to follow The Shadow
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Trigger hummed along to a song beating in his headphones as he walked, playing an imaginary guitar as he went along. They were heading back in the direction of the circus, but he didn't care. As long as they weren't IN it he was fine. The neon sign was just a few buildings down now. He continued along his way, occasionally looking back to check on Izarc, until he heard something through the music that made him stop. The husky took off his headphones and looked around. "Hello?" He asked to no one in particular, even though he had no clue if the noise that he heard was near his vicinity. He looked back at the cat. "Did you hear something?"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Raeon wordlessly took his seat on the driver’s side and started up the SUV, glancing pack at his several passengers before driving them out of the alley and onward to an as of yet unknown location. That beaten GSD was certainly chipper considering that he had a number of small open wounds and probably other hindering injuries as well.

He caught only a glimpse of the bandages on Scratch. Hopefully Zaya had been proficient with taking care of her, but he intended to make certain both of them were in no danger he could prevent. As they drove, anyone familiar with the layout of the city would have noticed that they were not heading towards either of Edge City’s animal hospitals. The northwest region of the city was, however, the area where the humane society was located. Perhaps they were heading there...

By coincidence, the northwest outskirts were also the location of the fairgrounds, where that traveling carnival was currently being hosted.

Zaya had not seen the doctor in quite a while. Which wasn’t uncommon for most of her friends, but Raeon was easily one of her more...’unique’ companions. She knew full well of what the man had done and the toll it had taken on his spirit and psyche. He was a special case, and at times she worried for him...

Depressing history aside, seeing him was always a little bit unnerving to say the least. His morbid emotions and eerie mannerisms would easily lead one to believe he was of sinister intent. But this was far from the case, and Zaya knew it for a fact. Still, she would save any conversation matter for later, preferably after he’d examined Scratch.

The wolfhound turned around and leaned over the shoulder of her seat, looking specifically at the injured Plamen. “Um...Plamen...” Zaya made a gesture with her paws up near her mouth, as if she was being tentative to speak. However she was obviously asking for something, if one looked closely enough. Her held her fingers crossed over one another as she wordlessly eyed her little iron cross in Plamen’s paw.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno muttered something in his unconsiousness, something unintellegable. However on the inside where whispers of doubt, telling him to give up, that this was it, but somewhere amongst the whispers he heard a voice clear as day, a female voice "Reno! Come on its not over yet! Get up... Iudex needs you... Don't give up... Come on! Wake up!" Reno's body gave a few twitches, his lips moving, forming silent words "Jenna I-I can't stay here with you?... N-No...No I can't... Iudex needs me... I have friends who look forward to seeing me... I promised I would show Mr. Caspian around... I've got things to do...I'm not ready to go yet...I...I gotta wake up!" at this point Reno's eyes oppened, he was in the back of a ambulance.. he sat up, the silent spell his instinct had called for taking effect, he shouldn't even be able to move right now "Iudex? Where's Iudex?!"

(If someone wouldn't mind playing as one of the paramedics)
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

The Abyssinian woke with a startle in his bed. Sweat trailing down his forehead. Rek has slowly fallen into the habit of getting nightmares on a nightly basis and he struggled to cope with it. His nightmares consisted of a mysterious figure, beckoning towards him as if commanding him and it disturbed him greatly. He refused to tell his parents or sister because he assumed he'd get over it. Rek looked over at the clock on the wall to see he still had some daylight left.

Before he could even get up another Abysinnian walked through the door. "Woah, you okay?" his sister Sonata asked him curiously.

"Yeah, fine," said Requiem as he got to his feet. "Where'd you go?" he then asked since it looked like she had gone out.

She shrugged nonchalantly. "Out." she answered simply.

Requiem glared at her before shrugging and getting out of bed. "Plans?" he then asked her in return as he pulled on a black hoodie. Once it was on though he stopped and sniffed it. "When was the last time you borrowed this?" he asked her.

Nat looked at it closely. "Dunno, a few weeks ago I guess, not sure." she replied before she went over and picked up her guitar. "And mom wants us to get groceries while she's at work." she explained.

The brother growled a bit since he didn't like the smell all that much. "Alright let's get going." he said before the twin cats left the house.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:The wolfhound turned around and leaned over the shoulder of her seat, looking specifically at the injured Plamen. “Um...Plamen...” Zaya made a gesture with her paws up near her mouth, as if she was being tentative to speak. However she was obviously asking for something, if one looked closely enough. Her held her fingers crossed over one another as she wordlessly eyed her little iron cross in Plamen’s paw.
Plamen turned his head at her when she spoke his name. He saw her gesture and nodded, slowly stretching the paw he was holding the cross with to her, slowly opening his palm, until the open palm with the cross was right underneath her nose.
"Yes, here it is, Zaya!" he said with a smile "Thanks..."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker sighed and clenched his brow as he tried to think. "Well fine but does he know where any of you live?" he then asked the two. "I just want him to know how to contact any of us." he explained.
"I see him around the neighborhood a little bit, I'll flag him down and talk to him next time I see him. sound good?"
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

THe Akita nodded. "Great, let's get going then, I'm starving." he said as his stomach growled.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

The Moon Howler wrote:
D-Singer wrote:The wolfhound turned around and leaned over the shoulder of her seat, looking specifically at the injured Plamen. “Um...Plamen...” Zaya made a gesture with her paws up near her mouth, as if she was being tentative to speak. However she was obviously asking for something, if one looked closely enough. Her held her fingers crossed over one another as she wordlessly eyed her little iron cross in Plamen’s paw.
Plamen turned his head at her when she spoke his name. He saw her gesture and nodded, slowly stretching the paw he was holding the cross with to her, slowly opening his palm, until the open palm with the cross was right underneath her nose.
"Yes, here it is, Zaya!" he said with a smile "Thanks..."
Scratch huddled herself into a corner and watched what was going on around her. She wasn't sure how to feel about the doctor, but he didn't seem malicious, and Zaya obviously had a reason to trust him. She sighed and twiddled her hands together a bit as she watched the others talk, keeping an eye on Zaya's so called "doctor" friend as she kept herself still with the car rolling about...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:Trigger hummed along to a song beating in his headphones as he walked, playing an imaginary guitar as he went along. They were heading back in the direction of the circus, but he didn't care. As long as they weren't IN it he was fine. The neon sign was just a few buildings down now. He continued along his way, occasionally looking back to check on Izarc, until he heard something through the music that made him stop. The husky took off his headphones and looked around. "Hello?" He asked to no one in particular, even though he had no clue if the noise that he heard was near his vicinity. He looked back at the cat. "Did you hear something?"
Izarc Looked at his friend quizzically, picking his head out of his usual book.

"What? I hear nothing.." He said, looking around.

The cat sighs, and looks back to Trigger. "You must hearing of things.. Maybe fault with earset?" He asked, pointing to the husky's headphones.
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:THe Akita nodded. "Great, let's get going then, I'm starving." he said as his stomach growled.
"Well here we are, after you." Marcus held the door open for the other two pets, "That booth by the window is my usual spot."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker nodded before taking his seat in the booth. He was trying to figure out what was going on in the city and out of paranoi he began to blame the men in suits who had spoken to his dad long before.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Reno muttered something in his unconsiousness, something unintellegable. However on the inside where whispers of doubt, telling him to give up, that this was it, but somewhere amongst the whispers he heard a voice clear as day, a female voice "Reno! Come on its not over yet! Get up... Iudex needs you... Don't give up... Come on! Wake up!" Reno's body gave a few twitches, his lips moving, forming silent words "Jenna I-I can't stay here with you?... N-No...No I can't... Iudex needs me... I have friends who look forward to seeing me... I promised I would show Mr. Caspian around... I've got things to do...I'm not ready to go yet...I...I gotta wake up!" at this point Reno's eyes oppened, he was in the back of a ambulance.. he sat up, the silent spell his instinct had called for taking effect, he shouldn't even be able to move right now "Iudex? Where's Iudex?!"

(If someone wouldn't mind playing as one of the paramedics)
((Looks like nobody else will, so I'll be a medic))
The female medic looked surprised as Reno sat upright and shouted, "Hush dear, you must lay down." she said calmly, pushing Reno on his back gently, "You just suffered severe trauma to the head." the woman added, patting the dogs chest. A second, male, medic sat on the opposite side of the Reno, "There was the cat who called us up sitting next to you, but he ran off before we could ask if he was okay, was that him? Iudex, I mean." the male said, subconsciously tucking a small tab of Pristine Gauze back into his pocket
~~~

Iudex sat curled up near the entrance to the alley, silent as the empty feeling grew stronger and stronger, overtaking the cat. The scrying tag on his collar began to fracture, making loud cracking noises as each new jagged line drew itself across the mirror's surface, positively affirming Iudex's idea, he was losing his only strength. The voice in his head cackled in wicked joy at seeing the cat revert back into a less than average, runt of the litter. Iudex couldn't express even the slightest emotion, completely numb, for in his mind he was a tool, a tool who was no longer able to be used anymore.

With a blank face, the cat stood up and padded out onto the sidewalk and took a left down the street with a staggering stride without much of purpose, he contemplated returning to his home, but scratched the idea, it would take him more than a day to get there on foot without a spell and he wasn't too keen on meeting up with his likely to be former master. Iudex barely registered bumping into Trigger until fell onto his butt and stayed there.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Sup Cruiser?”

Cruiser stared in disbelief for a moment. “Good god man, what are trying to pull!?”

It was Jag...that Doberman that tacked him during capture the flag then used him as a diversion for his teammates. He’d somehow snuck up right on top of him while he was inspecting his locker...this whole dilemma with that tall guy must really be getting to him.

Cruiser didn’t really consider Jag to be a friend of his. He was deemed an accomplished protection K9 by the center, and really only continued attending because his owner was an instructor and often times used him as a teaching aid for bite-work or schutzhund. Beyond that, he did work for whatever security firm he was rented out to within the city as a way of creating his own income. Because of his success and reputation, a number of the center’s dogs looked up to him, even despite his somewhat arrogant and intense personality.

“Jeez, just cause’ I owned you doesn’t mean you havta’ be so ***** about it...So you wanna hang out? A bunch of us a headed to the fairgrounds for that carnival they’re having.”

“No, I don’t wanna hang out. I’ve got stuff to do...” He responded while latching the padlock back onto his locker.

“Oh really? So, what’s this?” The Doberman attempted to snatch the strange, rope-wrapped box out of Cruiser’s arm.

“Hey!” He jerked the box out of the slightly bigger dog’s reach. “Dunno...none of your business...”
“Oh come ooon.” He practically whined. “You got a secret admirer or something?”

“Hehehe...I freaking hope.” He muttered with sharp sarcasm.

“Hey, speaking of which...how’s your friend been doing. You still hang with her, right?”

Cruiser had began making his way out of the building. Jag of course followed and kept at pestering the younger attack dog.

“Who Zaya? I haven’t seen her in weeks.” He lied.

Truth be told, it was for a good reason. I wasn’t mentioned before, but this Doberman had serious hots for that pretty stray Borzoi, and he’d made it painfully obvious on multiple occasions to Cruiser. Who coincidentally was the only dog in the center who knew her. It would be safe to assume that was the reason Jag went out of his way to try and befriend Cruiser sometimes, though not to any helpful extent. Jag was really no more than a condescending jerk sometimes, and that was reason enough for Cruiser to keep a reasonable distance.

“Aww man. I know I keep asking but you have gotta help set me up with her...”

“Yeah yeah, I’ll keep that in mind the next time she’s around.”

Both dogs exited through the staff entrance on the north side of the training center, where a small group of dogs were waiting outside. Cruiser simply kept walking.

“So wait! You sure you’re not coming?”

“Later Jag!”

Cruiser waved them off without even turning around. He just wanted to go home, see his dad, and figure out what the **** he was going to do about this slender business while keeping discreet.

Jag just glowered at Cruiser as he walked off, then turned and marched straight through the small crowd of dogs. They all began roaming towards the carnival...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Yeah..." Trigger nodded to Izarc and twitched his ear. "Your probably right..This thing is pretty old." The dog shrugged and turned back around when...
Esper wrote: Iudex barely registered bumping into Trigger until fell onto his butt and stayed there
The husky lost his balance briefly, but recovered it quickly by taking a step backwards. He looked down to see who had bumped into him and was surprised to find it was... "Iudex?" The husky looked back at Izarc. "Izarc, this is Iudex, Iudex, Izarc." Pointing his finger from one to the other as he quickly introduced them before returning his attention to the one in front of him. Trigger scratched the back of his head and started with the casual introductory remark.
"Hey, how's it go-" But stopped when he noticed something was off. Mostly because he realized that Iudex was making no attempt to get back up, and also the cat seemed to be lacking the confident and calm demeanor he usually.
"Err... you okay there bud?". He walked over and crouched next to the cat.

Ref Ref!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Roarin wrote:"Yeah..." Trigger nodded to Izarc and twitched his ear. "Your probably right..This thing is pretty old." The dog shrugged and turned back around when...
Esper wrote: Iudex barely registered bumping into Trigger until fell onto his butt and stayed there
The husky lost his balance briefly, but recovered it quickly by taking a step backwards. He looked down to see who had bumped into him and was surprised to find it was... "Iudex?" The husky looked back at Izarc. "Izarc, this is Iudex, Iudex, Izarc." Pointing his finger from one to the other as he quickly introduced them before returning his attention to the one in front of him. Trigger scratched the back of his head and started with the casual introductory remark.
"Hey, how's it go-" But stopped when he noticed something was off. Mostly because he realized that Iudex was making no attempt to get back up, and also the cat seemed to be lacking the confident and calm demeanor he usually.
Iudex stared into space for a brief moment before realizing that anything had been said, looking up with a look of total broken blankness, "I do not know..." he spoke quietly and without tone. The cat still sat, sagging a little, "I do not know..." he mumbled again, his head bobbling as if he could not support it. Iudex lazily reached up to his collar and pulled the tag off, taking a good bit of leather off with it, examining it like an object he had never seen before. Inside of the cat's head were three voices grappling to win out over the other. One, the voice displaying calm and reason shouted for Iudex to wake up and deal with the situation at hand: The second voice screamed in hysterics: And the third voice laughed at Iudex and the other voiced, shouting out insults and urging the cat to go off and find a nice box to live in. Iudex could not handle these voices, so he pushed them all back, leaving him with a default, a blank state, the mind of a newborn kitten, "I do not know anything... Nothing at all... Nothing... Nothing..." He fell into a pattern of muttering his last words once he was done speaking, analyzing it for any possible meaning and application, "I think I forgot... Forgot... Forgot..."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Soren walked inside and to the indicated booth. He wasn't hungry, but, it'd be nice to briefly take a rest so that they could plan out where to explore, what to do there and then how to fortify their homes.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

The cafe was busy; and loud enough that noone was likely to overhear their conversation. Marcus sat next to soren in the booth, Parker start from the begining, I need to know what you were so freaked out about. As the dogs sat down a waitress walked up and handed them 3 menus, "I'll be back in a couple minutes for your orders."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

Parker sighed, having explained himself before already. "Alright so yesterday I go out for a jog and I meet Cruiser on the street since he's heading home. He tells me to head home fast since there's been like pet abductions at night or something." shrugged Parker as he recounted what had happened. "We chat for a while and he invites me to his house for the night and I say yes since there's really no one at my place and Cruiser seemed nice anyways," continued the Akita. "I head to his place, play some video game then he plays some sort of video of him in a dark place and he's attacked by some tall guy or something. After that he says its a prank and I just shrug it off." said Parker before he sighed and got to the part he dreaded. "THen when I go to sleep I'm woken up with this other dog staring at me and as we struggle he just......." he paused as he clutched his stomach. "You already know the rest." was all he could say.

XXXXXXX

The Twin Cats kept on walking until they began to pass the carnival. Both of them then passed right by Iudex and Trigger with Rek wearing a hoodie that looked extremely similar to the hoodie the shadow wore.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Esper wrote:
Roarin wrote:"Yeah..." Trigger nodded to Izarc and twitched his ear. "Your probably right..This thing is pretty old." The dog shrugged and turned back around when...
Iudex stared into space for a brief moment before realizing that anything had been said, looking up with a look of total broken blankness, "I do not know..." he spoke quietly and without tone. The cat still sat, sagging a little, "I do not know..." he mumbled again, his head bobbling as if he could not support it. Iudex lazily reached up to his collar and pulled the tag off, taking a good bit of leather off with it, examining it like an object he had never seen before. Inside of the cat's head were three voices grappling to win out over the other. One, the voice displaying calm and reason shouted for Iudex to wake up and deal with the situation at hand: The second voice screamed in hysterics: And the third voice laughed at Iudex and the other voiced, shouting out insults and urging the cat to go off and find a nice box to live in. Iudex could not handle these voices, so he pushed them all back, leaving him with a default, a blank state, the mind of a newborn kitten, "I do not know anything... Nothing at all... Nothing... Nothing..." He fell into a pattern of muttering his last words once he was done speaking, analyzing it for any possible meaning and application, "I think I forgot... Forgot... Forgot..."
Izarc noticed Iudex before Trigger did, but not early enough to stop them bumping into each-other.

He stood there, silent, not really knowing what to say..

Hm, strange that Trigger knows this cat.. Iudex? Well, it's not russian.. Izarc thought, staring at the other cat. He then noticed the scrying tool as Iudex tore it off his collar. A.. Scrying tool? I've seen one of those before.. Back at.. Izarc took a step back, remembering the hell he once went through.. back in Russia..

Izarc caught himself, regained his composure and spoke; "H-hello, Iudex.. He stammered, still a little bit shaken. "Y-you forget somthing? Was important? He asked, trying to stay calm in his own mind. Izarc couldn't help staring at the scrying tool with anger..
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno shook his head and tried to sit up again, he was a strong dog he would fight if needed "Let me go! Iudex needs me! I will be fine let me go! I need to get to him! You let me go now! Stop the vehicle and let. me. go!" he glared at all of them before focusing his glare on the one that put the gauze in his pocket, showing his teeth a bit
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wait wait, forgot what? What are you talking about?" This was the same cat right? Trigger looked at Iudex with a confused expression. There was clearly something wrong. "C'mon man, what happened? And where's-" He paused and glanced at the two hooded figures that passed by. Suspicious... Course, anyone with a hoodie over their head and their hands in the pockets looks suspicious. Trigger returned his attention to Iudex. "Where's Reno?" He recontinued. "Aren't you guys hanging out together now?"

Ref Ref!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

HarlequinRed wrote:Parker sighed, having explained himself before already. "Alright so yesterday I go out for a jog and I meet Cruiser on the street since he's heading home. He tells me to head home fast since there's been like pet abductions at night or something." shrugged Parker as he recounted what had happened. "We chat for a while and he invites me to his house for the night and I say yes since there's really no one at my place and Cruiser seemed nice anyways," continued the Akita. "I head to his place, play some video game then he plays some sort of video of him in a dark place and he's attacked by some tall guy or something. After that he says its a prank and I just shrug it off." said Parker before he sighed and got to the part he dreaded. "THen when I go to sleep I'm woken up with this other dog staring at me and as we struggle he just......." he paused as he clutched his stomach. "You already know the rest." was all he could say.
How do you know it wasn't just a dream or something like that? Have you ever had nightmares like that before?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
HarlequinRed

Post by HarlequinRed »

The Akita shook his head. "No couldn't be, too real, too vivid and I swear it's like ....." he paused. "I can hear him sometimes." he finished before shivering in disgust. "I know this sounds crazy but I'm a police dog, well used to before I moved here. I've been through psych exams and all that I'm normal." he then added since he was tired of being accused he was crazy.

Characters:
(BsM)
(EC)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Marcus sat back and looked at the ceiling, "Well, it certainly sounds nuts. But then again so does getting chased by....whatever we found yesterday. What do you think Soren?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Reno shook his head and tried to sit up again, he was a strong dog he would fight if needed "Let me go! Iudex needs me! I will be fine let me go! I need to get to him! You let me go now! Stop the vehicle and let. me. go!" he glared at all of them before focusing his glare on the one that put the gauze in his pocket, showing his teeth a bit
The female medic shushed Reno again, "Quiet dear. Just lay down, we will release you soon." she said in a motherly tone, all comforting eyes and smiles, but her hand rested plainly over a tray of anesthesia needles, threatening what her voice would not. The male, on the other hand, had backed down and had his hands up defensively, "Sorry kid, can't do that for you."
~~~
Iudex stared up at Trigger and Izarc blankly, again taking a moment before actually speaking, "I do not know... Something went away and now this..." He ambled over his words quietly, shaking the black shards out of his mirror with the word 'This'. Again he looked down, trying to tune out the panic in his head, "Re... No? I forget that name..." A vague spark of sullen tone pervaded his words, "I forgot it all... All gone. Cannot remember it... Cannot remember the thing I used to do." Iudex mumbled, wobbling to his feet as lucidity came back into his voice, trickling back into the cat at an alarming speed, "So I cannot go home. I will be a nuisance and a burden to Master..." Iudex frowned as full blown sorrow filled his tone. The calmer voice had won out in the argument, enabling Iudex to think and speak much more clearly. The cat's memory was still vaguely shot.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno's ears twitched and he eyed the woman, giving a pleading tone 'Look lady I see you over there with the anesthesia...I know you don't want to do it, and I don't want you to do it... But please... I'm begging ya I will do anything... but you gotta let me go right now...Its the world to me that I get to him, and I need to go now...please... I love him... and he needs me... can't you understand that..." he gives another look to her pleading
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"What?!"  Trigger voiced raised.  "Forgot?..."  The husky crossed his arms and looked very troubled.  Forgot?  How could Iudex forget?  Well... He didn't know Reno for that long but.. It was just yesterday...  What could possibly make him forget?  Trigger tilted his head sideways and let out a concerned "Hmm..."  This was turning out to be an interesting day.  The dog looked around the street.  "C'mon Iudex, you'll never be a burden to your owner and you know it. I mean, who wouldn't want a magic, mortal kombat playing cat?  He grinned at Iudex, and punched him lightly in the shoulder, trying to lighten the mood. "What is that thing anyways?". Nodding towards the black shards.

Ref Ref!
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc sighed. Seems Iudex has not only forgotten, but is lost.
He seems.. Drained. Of what, Izarc dosen't know..

"It's a Скраинг инструмент, A Scrying tool.." Anwered Izarc blatantly, a small ounce of his anger strayed to his voice.

Izarc shook his head, removing the memories from his mind.

"Iudex, tell me.. What happen to you?" Izarc Asked calmly, stepping up to the cat next to Trigger.

Izarc's face was still a little stony and harsh, but he tried to put on a calm demeanor.
Character Reference
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Reno's ears twitched and he eyed the woman, giving a pleading tone 'Look lady I see you over there with the anesthesia...I know you don't want to do it, and I don't want you to do it... But please... I'm begging ya I will do anything... but you gotta let me go right now...Its the world to me that I get to him, and I need to go now...please... I love him... and he needs me... can't you understand that..." he gives another look to her pleading
The woman shook her head, "Sorry hon, we really can not do that. We are gonna let you go just after we get to the clinic." A southern accent slipped into her voice, showing off her aggravation with Reno, "I really don't mean be heartless, but you could be re- Oh, speak of the devil, here we are!" She said as she pulled Reno's stretcher from the vehicle and rolled him into a small examination room. Just before she left, The Woman gave Reno a conspiratorial wink in whispered, "Gotta run now if you wanna get back to your friend." as she slipped back into the hallway
~~~
Iudex shook his head sullenly, "That is what I lost..." he said, picking up a fragment of mirror, "And this is proof. If something is tethered to both you and the powers of the world, and one of those things are taken, the tethered object will be destroyed." the cat crushed the shard into dust in his paw, "Or, in a different system, the mirror was a token which was linked to me. Once IT was stolen from me, a large part of me went along with it, and the token reflects that damage." Iudex wished he could show his emotion on a stronger level, "That is why Iudex cannot go home-" the cat covered his mouth quickly to hide that gaf, it had taken him years to stop referring to himself like that, like a tool, "Er.. Iud- I, lack any use to him... Or anyone else." Iudex was upset now, only showing through in the form a few extra twitches of his whiskers, "And Iudex cannot live with those it burdens. It makes no sense to carry around a lead weight that does nothing but weigh its carrier down." Iudex said with a sigh of resignation, he couldn't keep up with replacing his name with "I", "So, in simplified terms, Iudex has had his purpose stolen."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"So... Why doesn't Iudex just get it back?" Saying it as if it was the most obvious answer in the world.
"I mean, I'm not sure how magic works (still getting used to the whole concept, and I still have my doubts)but... if your bone gets stolen, you... take it back, if your ball gets taken, you... get it back, isn't magic stuff the same?" He looked from Izarc and back to Iudex. "Right?" He tried making his words sound uplifting (just like his Dad when he makes a speech in a conference).
Esper wrote: "And Iudex cannot live with those it burdens. It makes no sense to carry around a lead weight that does nothing but weigh its carrier down."
"Sure it does." The husky smirked. "It's the only thing that keeps a boat from drifting away from shore." Smirking because he's never said something so cheesy in his life. But drastic situations call for drastic measures. "Cause...think about it, weren't you always the one that kept Reno grounded, reassured him, calmed him down." Trigger shrugged. "I mean...look, even if you don't believe in yourself, I'm sure he still does, even if you don't remember him, I'll bet you my favorite bone he still remembers you."
~\Rook/~ wrote:"It's a Скраинг инструмент, A Scrying tool.." Anwered Izarc blatantly, a small ounce of his anger strayed to his voice.

Trigger glanced at Izarc curiously. "You knew what that thing was?"

Ref Ref!
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

Skya just sat quietly as she thought about what to say. Ask Plamen what he was thinking going back to that place and risk involving the weird doctor guy? Ask scratch more about the strange people she was hearing about last night and risk involving both Plamen and the weird doctor guy? Thinking of that weird doctor guy, she'd ask him more about himself, but he was driving. She could talk to Zaya, but nothing on her mind was really a great conversational topic for that moment.

Instead of talking, she decided it best to just watch out the windows to try and keep an eye out for anything that looked dangerous and try to keep track of where they were in town. Sure, Zaya knew the town, but if they got separated again, she wanted to at least know her surroundings a little.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Roarin wrote:
~\Rook/~ wrote:"It's a Скраинг инструмент, A Scrying tool.." Anwered Izarc blatantly, a small ounce of his anger strayed to his voice.
Trigger glanced at Izarc curiously. "You knew what that thing was?"
Izarc looked to Trigger.

"Yes, Is that problem?" He answered calmly, giving Trigger a 'I'll tell you later' stare. Izarc then turns to Iudex..

"Anyway. Trigger is right, trying is better then of giving up.. if 'Master' really IS you master, he will give second chance.." He explained..

Izarc knew all too well what it feels like thinking you have no second chance.. This was all he could say really, Trying to encourage someone who feels like or have given up is like trying to tell a kitten not to play with yarn..
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno turned to the hallway before she disappeared and mouthed a "Thank you" before dashing out of the clinic, silently noting to come for a check up tomorrow, for both his sling and to see if all his body functions were in tact, but for now he had one thing on his mind, and he was running at full speed to get to it "Iudex! Where are you!"
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Reno turned to the hallway before she disappeared and mouthed a "Thank you" before dashing out of the clinic, silently noting to come for a check up tomorrow, for both his sling and to see if all his body functions were in tact, but for now he had one thing on his mind, and he was running at full speed to get to it "Iudex! Where are you!"
Just as Reno left through the doors if the clinic, he was frozen in place as a tall, slender man with sun glasses strolled into the dog's view and crouched in front of him. The man peered over his glasses at Reno to reveal his nature as Iudex's master, Lucius, "So I heard that you are looking for Iudex. Perhaps you can help me." He sighed and let Reno go, "I cannot find him. At all. I fear for the worst!" He spoke the last bit with much exaggeration, pretending to faint before catching himself midair
~~~
"It may not be possible to retrieve any form of power at this point." Iudex sighed, "To take what was stolen, iudex would have to face many obstacles that it could not possibly overcome, physically at least." The cat's voice wavered, "In order to perform any magic, on must first contain a spark. Without that spark, casting any spell is simply impossibly. Iudex's spark was stolen, you see. To get the spark back, or replace it, iudex would need to either steal the spark or have the spark given to it willfully." Iudex nodded as if to agree with himself, "So even if Iudex were to still prove useful to Reno, it still can not stay with its master as a burden." He said before turning to Izarc, "A black mirror to be exact, it is a v-" Iudex cut himself off as a sudden realization came to mind, but shook his head violently to get rid of it, "Neither if them would give up their spark to me..."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno shakes his head "I am worried too Lucius, w-we were at the carnival I went to get an umbrella and came back, he was gona so I ran towards an alley way... I-I felt him there... but I... I don't know I was electocuted by something... I shouldn't be able to move right now... But I have this... this strong feeling and... H-He needs me Lucius..." he looks up to him "Please... Please help me find him..."
Pet Friendly:
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:Marcus sat back and looked at the ceiling, "Well, it certainly sounds nuts. But then again so does getting chased by....whatever we found yesterday. What do you think Soren?
"Either he had too much orange soda, took a nasty hit on his head or we're going to need an exorcist," Soren said, "and... for our safety we should probably keep you at a slight distance so that if your inner guest says 'attack your friends', we get a few seconds of warning." He looked around, they were going to have a lot of work ahead. He was a rescue dog, NOT a military dog... Kind of... his dad's military-stuff had seeped through in sufficient quantities he'd probably pass military exams.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Marcus nodded and was about to respond when The waitress returned to the table "Alright what can I get you guys?

I'll just have some coffee m'am.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz