Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

D-Singer

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by D-Singer »

razgriz wrote:
Seth wrote:
Marcus tried to hide his laughter by turning away from the Husky, when he was able to compose himself he waved to the new dog.
Hey Soren, welcome to Edge city!
"I was headed that way," Soren said, "so, why not?"

He looked along towards the city, wondering what the weird part was. Everything seemed like a usual city. There were smells of decay from a distance off, not much noise but this could be a city that actually did sleep, and smoke drifting up from some industrial buildings. Something was perhaps, not what it seemed.

"It seems like a normal enough place," Soren said, though he sniffed the air more, "quieter than other places but its still early. What's weird?"
"Cool! Let's get moving." Cruiser thought about how to best explain what he'd said as he began leading the two down the sidewalk. He'd always had kind of a strange vibe about some places in and around Edge, and maybe once or twice saw something that was difficult to explain, but other than that it was mostly what he'd heard from others that made the place weird."Well, I've been here for four years. The city is kind of abandoned in some places, especially downtown. There's also a lot of urban legends about this place."

--
Leafolawl wrote:"Sure thing Zaya! I'd hate to see you not have something important to you. Besides, I don't always have to act as my parents Secondary alarm clock, although I do love seeing them freak out when I run in screaming 'Falling plane! Falling plane!' while screaming my head off." she finished saying with another laugh, and then took a drink of her tea.
"Eehe...I'm sure they'll forgive you for not helping to wake them up, thank you Skya."
The Moon Howler wrote:"Hey, maybe I can help, what do you think?" Plamen asked, looking at both Zaya and Skya.

"Please do! I'm going to be looking for another friend of mine on the way to come along as well, I'll appreciate anyone who helps."
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:
"Cool! Let's get moving." Cruiser thought about how to best explain what he'd said as he began leading the two down the sidewalk. He'd always had kind of a strange vibe about some places in and around Edge, and maybe once or twice saw something that was difficult to explain, but other than that it was mostly what he'd heard from others that made the place weird."Well, I've been here for four years. The city is kind of abandoned in some places, especially downtown. There's also a lot of urban legends about this place."
"Bah, urban legends are silly" Soren said, "they spread fast but are almost always fake."

As they approached the city, he continued to keep an eye out so as to learn as much about the city as he could. Sometime today he'd probably get a map or something for the just-in-case scenario. He'd never really lived around a city, so, it was hard to tell just how hard of a time he'd have navigating just yet.

"So, what is inthe city if its abandoned?" the husky eventually asked.
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:
Leafolawl wrote:"Sure thing Zaya! I'd hate to see you not have something important to you. Besides, I don't always have to act as my parents Secondary alarm clock, although I do love seeing them freak out when I run in screaming 'Falling plane! Falling plane!' while screaming my head off." she finished saying with another laugh, and then took a drink of her tea.
"Eehe...I'm sure they'll forgive you for not helping to wake them up, thank you Skya."
The Moon Howler wrote:"Hey, maybe I can help, what do you think?" Plamen asked, looking at both Zaya and Skya.

"Please do! I'm going to be looking for another friend of mine on the way to come along as well, I'll appreciate anyone who helps."
"Oh come on Zaya, you know my parents don't wake up to crashing planes. they wake up to leeches in the bathtub." Skya said, finally without a laugh at the end of her sentence. She went to take another drink, but noticed her cup was empty. "That went by faster that I thought, so tell me about yourself Mr. Plamen, what do you usually do when you're not playing your guitar? she asked, finally level headed... or at least it seemed that way.

She'd made it a habit to act really weird before she'd gotten herself a drink, because the drinks helped to keep her awake on her nights where she was out late or had to leave early, and it eventually became a habit to come to this specific cafe for a small drink at the least. And their drinks were good enough to want to fool someone into helping you get three cups a day! Or at least she thought they were. She'd thought Zaya shared a similar opinion to hers on the drinks severed. She stopped thinking really hard about things so she could listen to Plamen's interests.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
D-Singer wrote:
"Bah, urban legends are silly" Soren said, "they spread fast but are almost always fake."

As they approached the city, he continued to keep an eye out so as to learn as much about the city as he could. Sometime today he'd probably get a map or something for the just-in-case scenario. He'd never really lived around a city, so, it was hard to tell just how hard of a time he'd have navigating just yet.

Well Cruiser has been here alot longer than me I'll let him tell you. He's kind of the tour guide of the neighborhood.
Last edited by Seth on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:

Well Marcus has been here alot longer than me I'll let him tell you. He's kind of the tour guide of the neighborhood.
“I didn’t say all of its abandoned. Just a lot of buildings downtown, and this old school out in the suburbs...and apparently there’s this old saw mill out in the woods..” Cruiser appeared to be getting lost in thought. “But personally, I’ve only seen a few empty buildings up close, and I didn’t really go inside that much. Those places can be dangerous after not being touched for a few decades...”
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Selina stood up now and walked to the counter to place her order for her coffee and muffin. when she noticed the three pets there other than Matt and her.
D-Singer wrote:"I'll appreciate anyone who helps."
Selina swallowed the bite of muffin she had in her mouth and said "Sorry to butt in, but help with what?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

D-Singer wrote:"Please do! I'm going to be looking for another friend of mine on the way to come along as well, I'll appreciate anyone who helps."
Plamen's tail wagged when he heard that. "Thanks!" was what he simply replied to her.
Leafolawl wrote:Oh come on Zaya, you know my parents don't wake up to crashing planes. they wake up to leeches in the bathtub." Skya said, finally without a laugh at the end of her sentence. She went to take another drink, but noticed her cup was empty. "That went by faster that I thought, so tell me about yourself Mr. Plamen, what do you usually do when you're not playing your guitar? she asked, finally level headed... or at least it seemed that way.

She'd made it a habit to act really weird before she'd gotten herself a drink, because the drinks helped to keep her awake on her nights where she was out late or had to leave early, and it eventually became a habit to come to this specific cafe for a small drink at the least. And their drinks were good enough to want to fool someone into helping you get three cups a day! Or at least she thought they were. She'd thought Zaya shared a similar opinion to hers on the drinks severed. She stopped thinking really hard about things so she could listen to Plamen's interests.
Plamen shook his head, thinking for a second "Helping my parents with this and that, or trying to finish Hitch-hiker's guide to the Galaxy. That book awfully confuses me." he grinned "Or just lazying around and listening to music." he said, glancing at his cup "Oh...I'm done with my tea." he noted.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Skya’s response received a nervous looking smile from Zaya, who had almost forgotten to keep in mind the cat’s past claims of mischievous acts. It wasn’t the first time she heard something like that.

“Selina, good morning.” Zaya gave the same brief, but vague explanation she’d said earlier. That she was playing downtown with one of her friends the other day and lost something important to her, and that she wanted help from anyone willing come with her. After hearing Plamen state that he was finished with his tea, she sipped the last of her own and discarded the cup into a nearby bin. “If we’re ready, then let us begin walking. I’d like to make this quick.” The tall wolfhound picked up a tattered looking grey messenger bag from under her seat and slung it over shoulder.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:
Seth wrote:
razgriz wrote:

Well Marcus has been here alot longer than me I'll let him tell you. He's kind of the tour guide of the neighborhood.
“I didn’t say all of its abandoned. Just a lot of buildings downtown, and this old school out in the suburbs...and apparently there’s this old saw mill out in the woods..” Cruiser appeared to be getting lost in thought. “But personally, I’ve only seen a few empty buildings up close, and I didn’t really go inside that much. Those places can be dangerous after not being touched for a few decades...”

not to mention creepy as all get out.
Last edited by Seth on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

D-Singer wrote:Skya’s response received a nervous looking smile from Zaya, who had almost forgotten to keep in mind the cat’s past claims of mischievous acts. It wasn’t the first time she heard something like that.

“Selina, good morning.” Zaya gave the same brief, but vague explanation she’d said earlier. That she was playing downtown with one of her friends the other day and lost something important to her, and that she wanted help from anyone willing come with her. After hearing Plamen state that he was finished with his tea, she sipped the last of her own and discarded the cup into a nearby bin. “If we’re ready, then let us begin walking. I’d like to make this quick.” The tall wolfhound picked up a tattered looking grey messenger bag from under her seat and slung it over shoulder.
"I'd like to help, but I don't want to leave Matt here. Hey Matt, you wanna help Zaya find something she lost?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

"Oh, sure," Matthias said, getting up from the table. "Just gimme a second." He dashed over to the counter at the other end, tossed the cashier a couple bills, grabbed a blueberry muffin, and ran back over. By the time he reached Zaya and Selina, it was already half gone. "Ah-righ, M,"" Chew, swallow. "Alright, I'm ready."
The Moon Howler

Plamen stood up and picked his guitar from underneath him, fixing it on his back and discarding his empty cup in a bin. The German shepherd beamed a smile at the cat and the Retriever in front of him. "Hello, I'm Plamen, nice to meet you!"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I'm Selina. It's nice to meet you, too." She then finished off her coffee and muffin and was ready to go.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matthias took another bite of the muffin and stuck his free paw out for Plamen to shake. " 'Ai, P'am'n. P'eas ta - " Pause, swallow. "Pleased to meet ya."
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:

not to mention creepy as all get out.
"They don't sound that bad" Soren said as he followed the other two to the city, "after all, every place has its weird stuff." As they walked on, he looked around and began to wonder, "so, what do people do around here if most of this place is empty?"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Man, it’s not like it’s a ghost-city, there’s plenty to do here. There are a few playgrounds and some real nice shopping plazas here, there’s even a mall on the southern side of the city.” The three dogs crossed over a small overpass for cars that led off onto a freeway, and after that, the scenery almost immediately began to look more like your typical concrete jungle. Edge wasn’t exactly competition to a place like Los Angeles or New York, but it was still a lively place during the day, and if you didn’t know it well enough, you could still end up lost amidst the large buildings and towering office complexes. “In fact, there’s a playground right next to training center I go to. Let’s head there!”

--

“Okay then, let’s get going.” Zaya exited the café, making sure everybody was following along. “Umm, It’s a long walk from here to where I was downtown, it might be quicker if we took the bus partway.” She glanced at the four other pets, unsure if all of them had spare change for a ride into Edge. She really didn’t want to lead all four of them a fourth of the way across the city and into downtown.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Selina followed Zaya.
she sighed at the mention of the bus. "I guess I'll be paying for Matt, then. I'm glad I get a good allowance."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:“Man, it’s not like it’s a ghost-city, there’s plenty to do here. There are a few playgrounds and some real nice shopping plazas here, there’s even a mall on the southern side of the city.” The three dogs crossed over a small overpass for cars that led off onto a freeway, and after that, the scenery almost immediately began to look more like your typical concrete jungle. Edge wasn’t exactly competition to a place like Los Angeles or New York, but it was still a lively place during the day, and if you didn’t know it well enough, you could still end up lost amidst the large buildings and towering office complexes. “In fact, there’s a playground right next to training center I go to. Let’s head there!”

--

“Okay then, let’s get going.” Zaya exited the café, making sure everybody was following along. “Umm, It’s a long walk from here to where I was downtown, it might be quicker if we took the bus partway.” She glanced at the four other pets, unsure if all of them had spare change for a ride into Edge. She really didn’t want to lead all four of them a fourth of the way across the city and into downtown.
Sounds good to me!

and I thought today was gonna suck
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

Matthias glanced at Selina with a sheepish grin. "Ah-heh. Right, the bus sounds fine. I will pay you back some day. Well. Probably." He followed after Zaya and the others, jogging for a second to catch up to her in particular. "So, Zaya, if ya don't mind me asking, what exactly are we looking for? And where did you lose it? Retracing your steps usually helps."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Yeah, what are we looking for Zaya?" Asked Skya as she followed closely behind her. She knew Zaya as the kind of person who practically NEVER lost anything, and if she did, never said anything about it, so it had to be something REALLY important if she was letting strangers help her. On that thought she remembered that she'd yet to introduce herself to the others, and slapped her paw to her forehead.

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself." she said turning around and walking backwards to look at the three pets she didn't know. "I'm Sullivan, Skya Sullivan." She gave a light laugh at the James Bond joke, then gave a wink and turned back around to follow Zaya more closely. She really hoped that didn't seem flirty. She didn't even let Zaya know she liked dogs, and she REALLY didn't want to scare them away by coming on to strong.
Love me right now! Done.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:“Man, it’s not like it’s a ghost-city, there’s plenty to do here. There are a few playgrounds and some real nice shopping plazas here, there’s even a mall on the southern side of the city.” The three dogs crossed over a small overpass for cars that led off onto a freeway, and after that, the scenery almost immediately began to look more like your typical concrete jungle. Edge wasn’t exactly competition to a place like Los Angeles or New York, but it was still a lively place during the day, and if you didn’t know it well enough, you could still end up lost amidst the large buildings and towering office complexes. “In fact, there’s a playground right next to training center I go to. Let’s head there!”

--

Sounds good to me!

and I thought today was gonna suck
"Training center?" the husky asked, "training for what?"

As they walked on, he reached up to his collar to make sure he had his phone on him. As they went farther into the city, he became more and more convinced memory would not suffice for getting out. It was there, so, he had nothing to fear so long as its battery was charged...

Feeling secure that he had his way out if he needed it, Soren went back to looking at everything they passed. It didn't seem so quiet as they got along. A number of small stores were passed as well as a few big ones. One really caught his eye, an "Army-Navy" store, a place which sold all sorts of cool stuff. Most of the cool stuff, to him, was in camping and survival. Though, occasionally other cool things were in there, like jet ejector seats.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Oh, right.” Cruiser dug a paw into his collar and pulled out what looked like an ID card, and two dog-tags, one with a black and yellow outline. He casually held the card out to Soren so he could read it. The card had bold print over a profile picture of Cruiser reading PERSONAL PROTECTION/DEFENSE DOG, along with various other information including his owner, trainer, licensing stamp, and even a print of his nose for ID purposes. “I’m a level 2 service dog in active-training for security work. The center I attend is actually a department that works in tandem with the city’s police K9 academy.”

--

As they walked, Zaya gave further explanation. “I have an idea of where I lost it, but I was moving about so much at the time, it might be a challenge for me to get it back.” She came to a halt at the bus stop, they’re timing couldn’t have been better as the next buss was scheduled to arrive in just another few minutes. “Yesterday, I was playing with a friend of mine around one of the buildings downtown, and it was a lot of fun. We were playing tag and I was teaching him tricks he could do to help hone his agility. But at some point I must have dropped the iron cross I kept in my scarf. You know it, right Skya?”

She looked at the other three who didn’t know. “It’s a little metal trinket about this big.” She held her paws about five inches apart. “The edges on it are defined with little indentations on the ends, and it has a grey silvery color. I also tied a small length of necklace chain to the top of it...” Zaya looked down thoughtfully as she rubbed the back of one of her paws. “Please, I have to get it back...”
The Moon Howler

D-Singer wrote:She looked at the other three who didn’t know. “It’s a little metal trinket about this big.” She held her paws about five inches apart. “The edges on it are defined with little indentations on the ends, and it has a grey silvery color. I also tied a small length of necklace chain to the top of it...” Zaya looked down thoughtfully as she rubbed the back of one of her paws. “Please, I have to get it back...”
Plamen smiled "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find that cross." said reassuringly.

My RP Characters
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"You lost what?" she asked, surprised by the object that was lost. "How did you lose that? It has a necklace chain through it! A NECKLACE CHAIN! Not only that, but I thought you always checked to make sure you have it with you! I mean it looks so costly that I'm pretty sure I could never get one! Er, how much did it cost anyways? Just in case I can save up enough to buy one." She finished, embarrassed that she'd even ask about that when her friend was obviously upset about it not being with her.

She was seriously shocked to hear about the cross having gone missing though. It was one of the things she'd have never expected for Zaya to lose, right up there with her losing her way and being unable to find her way back too her house.

Then she had noticed that no-one had called her out on her flirting wink, and was silently relieved, but she was far more shocked that Zaya had lost her cross. Her inner religious being would not let her not search for it, actually, the fact that it was a cross made her determined to find it, and get it back to her friend.
Love me right now! Done.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:“Oh, right.” Cruiser dug a paw into his collar and pulled out what looked like an ID card, and two dog-tags, one with a black and yellow outline. He casually held the card out to Soren so he could read it. The card had bold print over a profile picture of Cruiser reading PERSONAL PROTECTION/DEFENSE DOG, along with various other information including his owner, trainer, licensing stamp, and even a print of his nose for ID purposes. “I’m a level 2 service dog in active-training for security work. The center I attend is actually a department that works in tandem with the city’s police K9 academy.”
"So, your gonna be a police dog?" Soren asked, this sort-of interested him. He DID want to be a service dog, just not quite that kind. He wanted to work in some form or another of search and rescue. Now if only there was a place that covered what he wanted to do. "That's cool."
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Well, not exactly.” Cruiser placed his dog-tags and ID back in his collar. “For now I’m licensed to do security and protection work. I’m even up to be a rental guard dog sometimes for different places around here. But I’m still in training cause’ someday, after I become a level 3 attack dog, I can leave with my owner for training in the military! Then I can be like one of those dogs that helps hunt down terrorists and rescues people! Now how cool would that be??” The young Dutch shepherd was getting excited just thinking about his future plans.

--

Zaya looked at the blue-grey Madura with a very worried, guilt-ridden expression. “...It was a gift...I don’t know how I managed to lose it. I’ve never even dropped it before.” The tall dog was now subconsciously feeling the spot on her scarf she’d normally have it hidden under.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

D-Singer wrote:“Well, not exactly.” Cruiser placed his dog-tags and ID back in his collar. “For now I’m licensed to do security and protection work. I’m even up to be a rental guard dog sometimes for different places around here. But I’m still in training cause’ someday, after I become a level 3 attack dog, I can leave with my owner for training in the military! Then I can be like one of those dogs that helps hunt down terrorists and rescues people! Now how cool would that be??” The young Dutch shepherd was getting excited just thinking about his future plans.

--

Zaya looked at the blue-grey Madura with a very worried, guilt-ridden expression. “...It was a gift...I don’t know how I managed to lose it. I’ve never even dropped it before.” The tall dog was now subconsciously feeling the spot on her scarf she’d normally have it hidden under.
Really? you're trying to join the military? That's Impressive, I'd never have the guts to do that.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

D-Singer wrote:Zaya looked at the blue-grey Madura with a very worried, guilt-ridden expression. “...It was a gift...I don’t know how I managed to lose it. I’ve never even dropped it before.” The tall dog was now subconsciously feeling the spot on her scarf she’d normally have it hidden under.
"Well, I really hope we can find it. It seems like it means a lot to you."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
simple things
Location: Up the gutter, onto the tree, up to the roof, and onto neverland. <3

Post by simple things »

I had three seconds… Not too fast, I don’t want to make too much noise.

Should I have known…would I have known? Was it so clear that every moment in my life, had led to this very moment. Or was it my untrustworthy unrelenting father watching over me?

And where was my say in this. How would I have known that something so big, so powerful could choose me…

"Harley, were here now." the woman with golden hair said, smiling and looking over to the enraptured cat beside her.

The young cat, that’s always been the way he is, the way he had always been. I never went anywhere I suppose, and all my time with my friends showed me that I actually can have a pretty good time…

I was never a forceful cat, I always said please and thank you, and always watched my steps. I never did anything wrong either… well, there was that one time I set out a lawn mower into Mrs Gardenias lawn, man she was not happy. I don’t feel the pain anymore though.

Look at me now…why am I here, why am I doing this, what is this…why me…

"Harley?"

These abilities are mine and mine alone. This is my power, my fun, my gift, my responsibility…

My curse…

"Harley!"

Harley put down her pencil and closed her writing pad. "Right, thanks mom" The feline said, looking up and gasping lightly. She shook her head and reached around the back of the car, pulling out her case for glasses and took out the relatively new pair of spectacles.

She placed the glasses on the bridge of her small nose, and pushed up, feeling much relief as her vision came into a clear view. Harley smiled and looked up to her mom.

"Hey, mom, can i get a milkshake or something?" Harley asked in a polite tone, smiling and listening carefully.

"Sure, no prob sweetie, i need to fix a few things up at the house anyway, how about i come back in a few minutes then?" The the slim woman replied, tilting her head and smirking.

"That's great mom, i'll wait here then" Harley said, smiling and exiting the small car they traveled in. She waved as she watched her mother drive down the road and around the corner.

Harley began to make her way up the path way, and looked around. "Well, this place certainly is gloomy..." Harley said, smirking and scanning the stores that she was passing by. "Ah, here we are, a café" the girl said, smiling and passing the group of pets that stood in the way with an "excuse me" she went inside the store. Once inside she scanned the menu and smiled.

"Hello sir, i'll have a caramel milkshake with marshmallows please" the cat said, smiling and reaching into the kit that was slung over her neck. She pulled out her wallet, and payed the man the price. "It'll be a bit." The man said, smirking and proceeding to serve some other customers. Harley smiled and shook her head, "that's fine" she said, before a rushing man bumped into the cat rather hard, and forced her glasses to go flying underneath a far table on the far side of the cafe.

"Oh no, no where are my glasses" Harley said, going down to her knees and swiftly searching with her paws.
around the area.

"Sorry!" the man said, before leaving the cafe in a hurry.

"It's fine sir, happens all the time actually..." Harley mumbled, continuing to feel around for her glasses.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

Seth wrote:
D-Singer wrote:“Well, not exactly.” Cruiser placed his dog-tags and ID back in his collar. “For now I’m licensed to do security and protection work. I’m even up to be a rental guard dog sometimes for different places around here. But I’m still in training cause’ someday, after I become a level 3 attack dog, I can leave with my owner for training in the military! Then I can be like one of those dogs that helps hunt down terrorists and rescues people! Now how cool would that be??” The young Dutch shepherd was getting excited just thinking about his future plans.
Really? you're trying to join the military? That's Impressive, I'd never have the guts to do that.
"I wanna go out to be a rescue dog of some sort... eventually" Soren said, "but, so far every place has turned me down for schooling or anything for it."

He thought back to the various places he'd gone to try to be a rescue dog. Just about all of them had turned him down because of some age requirement. Too old, too young, and stuff like that. Somewhere, there'd have to be a place in the middle or something.

"My dad taught me everything he knew about the stuff, he was an Army Medic with the airborne" Soren continued, "he's taken me through first aid, rescue harnesses and all sorts of stuff like that. We even once took a bunch of stuff from a survival kit and made a flare out of it."
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
D-Singer wrote:Zaya looked at the blue-grey Madura with a very worried, guilt-ridden expression. “...It was a gift...I don’t know how I managed to lose it. I’ve never even dropped it before.” The tall dog was now subconsciously feeling the spot on her scarf she’d normally have it hidden under.
"Well, I really hope we can find it. It seems like it means a lot to you."
Matthias rested one paw on Zaya's shoulder, looking at the distraught dog with concern. "Don't worry, Zaya," he said with a faint smile. "It's a little thing, sure, but we'll do our best to help you find it. We just need to find the area you lost it in and fan out from there... "
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"We have to find her friend first, they could have picked it up and are holding onto it for her." Skya said. "Besides, I'd like not to split up to far, we need to be able to keep in contact with eachother. After all, people get lost when they look fo something in an area they don't know without some way of keeping track of where they are and where they've been. Finished the grey-blue cat, hoping to keep the new pets out of harms way.

She felt like something was wrong today, and it wasn't anything to do with the new pets. No, it was something to do with the area around them, like something was watching them, but she knew she regularly felt like that and shook that feeling off. After doing so she looked up at the tall dog and gave her own look of appology, as if she felt it was her own fault that the cross was missing in the first place. "We'll find it Zaya, you can hold me to that in the worst of casses." she finished, raising one paw to her head level and putting the other on her chest, as if promising that it would be found.
Love me right now! Done.
The Moon Howler

Plamen thought for a second "We could do them both at the same time." he mumbled "One group will go to find her friend and the other will look for the cross in here"

((OOC:Don't forget that Plamen is still with Zaya, Skya and the others))

My RP Characters
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

razgriz wrote:
Seth wrote:
"I wanna go out to be a rescue dog of some sort... eventually" Soren said, "but, so far every place has turned me down for schooling or anything for it."

He thought back to the various places he'd gone to try to be a rescue dog. Just about all of them had turned him down because of some age requirement. Too old, too young, and stuff like that. Somewhere, there'd have to be a place in the middle or something.

"My dad taught me everything he knew about the stuff, he was an Army Medic with the airborne" Soren continued, "he's taken me through first aid, rescue harnesses and all sorts of stuff like that. We even once took a bunch of stuff from a survival kit and made a flare out of it."
Marcus grinned at the other two You guys are gonna give me a complex. I'm afraid I don't have any big aspirations.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Zaya nodded at the others and their assurances of helping her. “Alright...” She wasn’t sure if it was just her own nervousness, but Zaya suddenly felt even more uneasy for some reason. Almost like the suspicion she was being spied on. Fortunately, she saw the buss heading down the street towards them. “My friend CB is a security dog, he’s sometimes at the training center a few blocks outside downtown. He might be there, or at the very least at the playground across the street from it.” She reached into her scarf and pulled out a small amount of coins and counted out one dollar for the ride. “This buss will take us to a stop not too far from there. We can split up then.”

--

Cruiser gave Soren an interested look. He was still a pretty young dog; if he was looking to get into official training for search and rescue, then it probably wasn't his age that caused him to get turned down. Maybe it was something else like a medical condition or obedience problems. At any rate, maybe he could help the husky. “That’s interesting. Hey, want to come with me to the training center later? I know they teach dogs to do search and rescue work there. Maybe you’ll have better luck this time!”

Cruiser looked at Marcus with a relaxed expression. “Eh, not everyone does, don't worry about it. I mean, we’re dogs, having aspirations is like something special for us. We’re content with almost everything. We’ll At least I know I am...most of the time...”Before his thoughts got into something more philosophical, Cruiser started thinking about how fun it’d be to get a job as a military tracking dog. “But man...helping soldiers in uncharted, dangerous environments hunt down enemies and locate POWs, that’s like the ultimate test of courage and steel nerves. Exciting stuff...Plus they’ll give you medals just for not getting killed in the process!”
Last edited by D-Singer on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
razgriz

Post by razgriz »

D-Singer wrote:Cruiser gave Marcus an interested look. He was still a pretty young dog; if he was looking to get into official training for search and rescue, then it probably wasn't his age that caused him to get turned down. Maybe it was something else like a medical condition or obedience problems. At any rate, maybe he could help the husky. “That’s interesting. Hey, want to come with me to the training center later? I know they teach dogs to do search and rescue work there. Maybe you’ll have better luck this time!”

Cruiser looked at Marcus with a relaxed expression. “Eh, not everyone does, don't worry about it. I mean, we’re dogs, having aspirations is like something special for us. We’re content with almost everything. We’ll At least I know I am...most of the time...”Before his thoughts got into something more philosophical, Cruiser started thinking about how fun it’d be to get a job as a military tracking dog. “But man...helping soldiers in uncharted, dangerous environments hunt down enemies and locate POWs, that’s like the ultimate test of courage and steel nerves. Exciting stuff...Plus they’ll give you medals just for not getting killed in the process!”
"That, I doubt" Soren said, "at least, not anything today. Every other place involved more papers and junk than it did actual testing."

At the thought of helping soldiers, the husky flashed back to at least a dozen of his experiences with his dad and the military, and a few hundred dozen stories. Tanks flying through small ponds, fresh Lieutenants having their orders backfire, small pranks, weird things in battle an in general lots of craziness. At last, a rather comical story came to mind.

"My dad still does stuff in the military, a while ago he took me to some big guard event," Soren began, "I think it was supposed to be a demonstration for families or something to show that our guys know what they're doing. They put us out there with food, tables and all sorts of fancy stuff while all the military people setup like they otherwise would. While they were setting up, this West Point Cadet starts throwing a fit, telling everyone to hurry up." He started to chuckle, "well, my dad and everyone with his fire team was moving one of their M-2's and they were headed in the LT's directions. When he threw that fit, they started running towards where the gun went. They passed the Lieutenant getting there and stormed through this giant mud puddle. The poor guy got it all over his uniform. I think the fireteam planned it."
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

D-Singer wrote:Zaya nodded at the others and their assurances of helping her. “Alright...” She wasn’t sure if it was just her own nervousness, but Zaya suddenly felt even more uneasy for some reason. Almost like the suspicion she was being spied on. Fortunately, she saw the buss heading down the street towards them. “My friend CB is a security dog, he’s sometimes at the training center a few blocks outside downtown. He might be there, or at the very least at the playground across the street from it.” She reached into her scarf and pulled out a small amount of coins and counted out one dollar for the ride. “This buss will take us to a stop not too far from there. We can split up then.”
"If we're splitting up, I'll take the searching group, since I know what the cross looks like, but have naught the foggiest idea what this "CB" character looks like. Skya said trying to keep good ideas and high hopes flying about as she pulled out her own wallet. "Also, Anyone short on cash will ride on my tab, since my addiction for drinks from that Cafe have been silenced. I get a rather large allowance since I do some pretty odd chores around the house." She finished as she fished out a five from her wallet.

She didn't want jokes about what she did for her mom and dad to be made by anyone, and so she kept it fairly low key while making it clear she did something extra for her parents. She could already see the faces she'd get, and hear the taunts to be made if word got out about her being a guard cat. Sure the concept itself was strange, but it wasn't unheard of... At least not for her anyways. She stole a look at both Matt and Plamen and gave a light blush, trying to make it seem like she was blushing about having money.
Love me right now! Done.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Nah. Matt's already got a tab with me. what's another dollar between friends?"

Selina pulled out her wallet and took out two dollars, handing one to Matt.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
theblackcateyes

Post by theblackcateyes »

simple things wrote:"It's fine sir, happens all the time actually..." Harley mumbled, continuing to feel around for her glasses.
-I think these glasses belongs to you honey-Said giving the glasses to the temporary blind girl for under the tabble.

She then stood up and waited for she finished putting it on.
That sunny day, Angel was dressed with something of her own dreams: A dress, a simple red dress that finished in her knees, but was something special on it... her body was covered with several metal chains lines, making her feel tired...but she didn't care she was happy.

-Are you okay?- Asked worry moving the big lock on her hair, between her ears.

All the people on the little place was looking her since she came in..but whatever, she oly was making her happier.
Last edited by theblackcateyes on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Say my name... and every color iluminates...
The Moon Howler

Leafolawl wrote:
D-Singer wrote:Zaya nodded at the others and their assurances of helping her. “Alright...” She wasn’t sure if it was just her own nervousness, but Zaya suddenly felt even more uneasy for some reason. Almost like the suspicion she was being spied on. Fortunately, she saw the buss heading down the street towards them. “My friend CB is a security dog, he’s sometimes at the training center a few blocks outside downtown. He might be there, or at the very least at the playground across the street from it.” She reached into her scarf and pulled out a small amount of coins and counted out one dollar for the ride. “This buss will take us to a stop not too far from there. We can split up then.”
"If we're splitting up, I'll take the searching group, since I know what the cross looks like, but have naught the foggiest idea what this "CB" character looks like. Skya said trying to keep good ideas and high hopes flying about as she pulled out her own wallet. "Also, Anyone short on cash will ride on my tab, since my addiction for drinks from that Cafe have been silenced. I get a rather large allowance since I do some pretty odd chores around the house." She finished as she fished out a five from her wallet.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Nah. Matt's already got a tab with me. what's another dollar between friends?"
Selina pulled out her wallet and took out two dollars, handing one to Matt.
Plamen pulled out his own wallet and took out a dollar "I can pay for myself, don't you worry." he said "I think I'll join Skya on this."

My RP Characters