Pet Friendly: Edge City

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

WolvenPaw15

Re: Pet Friendly: Edge City

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno shook his head "There is something wrong with this city... You aren't the only one in being followed... and trust me... where we are goin... its out of the frying pan and into the fire... if we can make it through... we're safe... It may not look it, but my arm is broken, and I shouldn't be able to WALK right now due to an electrical surge through my body... so just as much as you need us, we need you... For right now we will take it slow... I know what lies in these woods... most residents of Edge do, that's why most avoid it... the best thing we can do is STICK TOGETHER and STAY ON THE PATH... If you see a tall man in a suit close your eyes and keep them shut, got it?" he looked to Cruiser "Apology accepted... We gotta work together to survive..."
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex raised an eyebrow, "So you are being chased too..." he mumbled, "I guess the powers that be are far more... Anxious, to take victims than I had thought. Yes, come with us, we will consult my master on how to proceed." Iudex purred, turning to walk again, "But I may not be able to help you as much as you think." the cat added, "The use of magic has been, er, unpredictable lately."
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Close my eyes?” Cruiser looked confused. What was that gonna do, aside from making it impossible to determine where the thing was? What a weird thing to suggest. Or maybe, he was onto something. He didn’t really feel like prying at the moment, he could talk later.

“*siiiigh* All I need is some space to calm down. There’s no way I can sleep in my house anymore.”

Cruiser slung his pack back over one shoulder. “There’s somebody I need to find. Do you remember me telling you about that girl I knew?” He asked Iudex specifically.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno nodded a bit "Zaya right? We were good friends, but we sorta drifted apart after...circumstances... We never fought, but... I didn't say goodbye before I left for a year, and didn't say hey when I came back" he sighed softly "She was the one who warned me about the forest actually"

Panda grunted as he awoke in an alleyway, the ground was cold and hard, and it was beginning to get dark, he stood slowly, his back stiff and his body aching, luckily his guitar case was close by, and all his belongings where there... he remembered faintly about seeing... something... he didn't remember what it was but it was something... odd... he quickly slung his case across his back, adjusting it to begin the long trek home, every now and then he could have sworn he saw something out of the corner of his eyes
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I do believe you mentioned her in passing, yes." Iudex responded, "Why do you need to find her?" there was a whispering in the cat's ear
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“What? You know her already?” Cruiser said with some degree of skepticism, but immediately shook it off. It really wouldn’t be that surprising. Zaya seemed to know everybody for some reason, deviated little catloving wolfdogs included apparently...

“I...She can help us!” He said with confidence, though really no solid evidence to support his claim. Cruiser knew Zaya was a stray, who against all odds, somehow managed to hack it living on the streets for all this time, and for some reason never got caught or went missing entirely. Not like all those other pets.

He knew that she was aware of those missing animals. She would talk about them, but like always, she was vague with the details.

Also, Zaya wasn’t like any other stray dog he’d known. She was too nice...she was always helping and had an unnatural sense of apathy. It was only icing on the cake she had a knack for giving good advice when needed too...and was pretty…and could sing...and smelled nice..

Cruiser snapped himself out of it.

All things considered, there’d have to be something she could do to help him. Tell him where to go, where to hide, what to do. If it really boiled down to it, Cruiser contemplated just going stray entirely if it could mean a way out of this nightmare. It could at least give him the time needed to get things back under control and find his dad, if anything.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"I doubt anyone can help us very much at this point." Iudex sighed, "But please come with us, my home has some degree of passive-protective warding, and nobody is safe while alone." he stared at Cruiser with a cold, piercing look that had a feeling more of slight curiosity than distaste or apathy
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Meanwhile..

A bus rolls around the corner and halts at the bus-stop, letting off a ragged-looking cat. He stepped off the bus, holding a pair of orange headphones in his paws and a downhearted expression on his face..

"Hey, I'm sorry uh.. Ah, just hope you get 'ome safely.." Said the driver solemnly. He then closed the doors and drove off, leaving the cat alone.

He sighed and looked at the cracked headphones. This city.. Why did we move here? It's becoming a ghost town and now.. Trigger.. He thought to himself, shaking his head. Well Izarc, time to go home..

And so the cat made his way down the street, trying to figure out where he was..
Profile Picture by Hukley
Character Reference
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

from one side of town a loud engine could be heard switching gears at a fast pace until down shifting easily to slowly go into the neighborhood. The dark green and black can-am purred as it glided slowly by houses and then stop by one of the newly bought multistoried house. the figure took off the helmet to show his fox like feature and let his collar dangle for a bit. he took in a large breath of air and let it out before shutting off his bike took his keys and stood on the sidewalk. "talk about needing some paint and a makeover" vixent said grabbing his belongings and walking into his house to take a look at the interior. upon getting inside he looked at the Amnesia like décor style that used his familys belongings. he smiled at the site of one of his pictures on a nearby table before he continued with his own doings. he grabbed his keys later and left for a walk around town to get to know the town.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno gave a slight grin, turning back to the path and starting to walk onward, pushing his bike the best he could, a soft grunt as he put pressure on his arm, it hurt, but he pushed himself through it, walking along the path into the woods
Pet Friendly:
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Did I mention she’s been a stray the entire time I’ve lived here? She has to know something. All this time, and all those pets going missing yet she’s just fine, probably.”

Cruiser slipped his arm through the empty loop on his backpack and fully shouldered it, and helping Reno push the bike.

“It’s getting late.” The shepherd said, noting the setting sun.

“It just had to be through the freaking woods…” He thought to himself, finding it the perfect incentive to push the bike faster, practically easing the entire load off Iudex and Reno. Wanting to get to the supposedly safe home as soon as possible.

“Don’t mind me! Just helpin’ ya out here! Just up this path right?”

He grunted, holding the bike up as he pushed it along the path. All that stamina training of his was really coming in handy about now. Still, Cruiser looked obviously nervous. He was so focused on getting there, he didn’t even bother to question why he was pushing Reno’s bike rather than just riding the stupid thing to Iudex’s house.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"As far as my knowledge goes, the motorbike is broken somehow." Iudex droned, "And my home is a ways up the path, correct. It's the mansion, you won't be able miss it." he continued, nervously holding onto the remains of his leather collar, he felt deeply uneasy

The large house came into view in a clearing paved with cobblestones at the end of the long path, "Here we are..." The sky was oily black, few stars shining
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno shook his head "We aren't riding the bike because my arm is busted and my body is stiff, even with Iudex's extra weight added I wouldn't be able to navigate turns very well, that and it is low on gas, something I hope Iudex's dad can help with" he commented, looking to the door as the approached "I'll lock up my bike, Iudex please go see if anyone is home, Cruiser... come with me, I want to have a chat with you now that we are in safer quarters" he looked to the two before leading Cruiser and the bike towards the side of the porch

Panda looked around the streets near the store, he knew it was getting dark, but the streets were a bit too silent, especially for Downtown Edge "Where IS everyone... Not even a stray cat in sight..."
Pet Friendly:
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“I never asked about the bike?” The shepherd responded as he continued pushing.

Man, did it get dark fast.

Cruiser felt practically paranoid after the sun had fully set. Walking through the woods at dust, all he could think about was that video. Him casually talking with his friends and trainer, all while the tall man in the suit silently watched in the background, partially hidden against the tree-line. Which they were now walking through.

The fear served as a wonderful source of adrenaline. Cruiser was definitely not missing out on any training with all the running he did in addition to pushing Reno’s bike along, practically by himself.

Their arrival was a huge relief, and it could be seen in the dog’s eyes.
WolvenPaw15 wrote:"I'll lock up my bike, Iudex please go see if anyone is home, Cruiser... come with me, I want to have a chat with you now that we are in safer quarters" he looked to the two before leading Cruiser and the bike towards the side of the porch
“Uhh…sure..”

Cruiser nodded, and pulled the wolfdog’s motorbike up next to the porch.

*Huff* Alright, what do ya want?”
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighed and looked straight into Cruiser's eyes, wanting to give and have full attention "I know you apologized earlier... but... I want to clear the air between us, here and now before we go any further..." he crossed his arms a bit " We're both gentlemen dogs here, so we should be able to respect one another am I right?"

Panda kept seeing things from the corner of his eyes as he continued onward, his body tensing, paws gripping to the strap of the guitar case, only relaxing when he heard the soft hum, and saw the faint glow of a red neon sign
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex quietly approached the door to the mansion and pulled the bell cord, sounding a deep noise inside of the building, quickly summoning Lucius Markov. The human opened the door, not yet seeing Iudex, "Hello, Master." the cat said, startling the man, who dropped to his knees and hugged Iudex close, "Where have you been?" The man mumbled tearfully
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Cruiser tilted his head. “Sure we can.”

“If this is about you and the romance thing with...Iudex. Honestly, I really do not care anymore.”

He swung his arms a bit out in front of him.
“Maybe I shouldn’t have freaked out like I did earlier. You’re right, and I already apologized for it. I’m not going to play that passive aggressive interesting banana around you two if that’s what you’re worried about.. I still think it’s weird as ****, that’s not gonna change. But out of courtesy I’ll keep it strictly to myself."

“...Also...I uh...do sort of owe your friend there. For helping me once, and again today..”
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighed a bit and gave a soft smile "It doesn't help that we're both guys either" he gave a soft chuckle, teasing a tad "I want to be friends if we survive all this madness... Something is happening in Edge... it was weird as it was... but this... no one is prepared for this..." he sighed and padded back over towards Iudex and Lucius
Pet Friendly:
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Iudex was now standing stoically just inside the door, behind his owner, "Welcome, Reno, Cruiser. As I understand it, you are here to meet with me. Please come inside." The human said in a more smooth voice, stepping back to invite the two pets into grand foyer, lit with high chandeliers
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Yeeeeaaah, NOPE~” Cruiser happily agreed with a big, fake smile, and followed after Reno. “Let’s just get through this first...”

“Nobody could be. At least not much.”
Cruiser said patting the shoulder of his vest, walking inside.

Back here again so soon.
Cruiser whipped out his promised bearing, returning the kind greeting with a slight smile and casual expression.
"Good evening."

"Yeah, I just might be in over my head..."
Hotep the psychic

vixent now noted down the store he was next to and looked around. "for a town this place Is pretty empty" vix said checking the time before continuing to walk around he turned another corner and saw someone else. cautious he kept walking towards the new person.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno bowed politely "Nice to see you again Mr.Lucius" he looks to Lucius "I'm worried about Iudex, he's been acting strange all day..." he looks over to Iudex "I-I don't think he can use magic anymore..."

Panda slipped into the store, sighing a bit in relief as he is surrounded by guitars, a soft smile as he sat down at the counter, pulling out his guitar and strumming it softly, getting it into tune
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

vixent as he continued walking soon heard music. well notes anyways and soon entered a music store. he looked around at the many instrument around him. he let out a soft whistle. "that's a lot of guitars" vixent said
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius gave a saddened look, "Ah, yes. I have been notified about that already, Reno. We can talk about it later, if Iudex does not object." the human sighed, turning on his hear towards a hallway, "We will go to my office to discuss this all further. Cruiser, please fill me in on the basic situation on our way, please." Then he started to walk, Iudex following at a respectful distance
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighed a bit, following closely to Iudex, padding slowly and giving the mansion a look around "I need something done about my arm and my near paralysis as well... my magic can't hold up much longer I don't think" he sighed a bit

Panda gave a smile and looked up "And each of them is one of a kind. Can you play any?" he asked, beginning to sturm and play a few strings on the guitar
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

"uh yeah." vix said picking out an electric and plugging it together with a nearby amp. he strummed a few keys before tuning it. he smiled at the sound "reminds me of when I played songs with my dad" vixent said
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Hyper walked around Downtown Edge and saw a music store. He walked inside and saw a fox and a husky. "Hi." he said, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“This all started yesterday morning...”

Cruiser retold everything. The old building, the first encounter with the slenderman, the pocket void he was trapped in and escaped, and each sighting that followed, from the arcade, to the training center, to the recent attack in his own house.

He brought up the disturbing number of pets that had been disappearing over the last months, and the lack of any sane or official explanation.

And finally, the facts reveled to him by a total stranger, that he had in fact been stalked by this creature for quite some time. Months actually, as indicated by the video archive he kept of his own training at the center and at home...
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

..As Izarc wandered, he began to think he was getting more and more lost..

If only I hadn't said to just pull over.. I wouldn't be lost right now! Izarc, you are a stupid cat.. He thought, cursing himself.

Suddenly, as the cat turned a corner, he found himself staring a red neon sign..

Huh.. Nice light.. was all that crossed his mind..

He walked up to it, then looked around. Right next to him, inside a store, were three pets. Two were playing what looked like guitars..

How strange.. He thought.

He carefully slipped inside, trying not to alert them..
Character Reference
Hotep the psychic

vix looked behind him to the entrance. "oh hi. that's to you too who came in. oh im sorry im new here. my names Valence night hand but you can call me vixent if you want" vix said softly playing guns and roses
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Hi Vixent. I'm Hyper Pine." Hyper replied. He then noticed the new pet beside him. "Oh, hi." he greeted, smiling.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Lucius nodded to Reno to confirm that he would be healed as he led the group into his office, decorated with ornate tapestries and silver filigree. The man sat down behind an antique desk and Iudex sat in a smaller chair next to him. "Oh dear... I knew this being was around, but his actions have been way beyond my foresight." Lucius groaned, "Are you seeking refuge? And show me this footage." his tone was serious

Iudex felt an uncomfortable prickling under his skin
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

hypernovatic wrote:"Hi Vixent. I'm Hyper Pine." Hyper replied. He then noticed the new pet beside him. "Oh, hi." he greeted, smiling.
Izarc jumped back a little, surprised he was found out so quickly. "H-H-Hello.." He said quietly, unsure of the three around him.
Character Reference
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno sighs a bit, sitting down next to Iudex, leaning my head into his shoulder , taking a moments rest, wanting this long day to wind down "Iudex... We'll get through this right?" he looked up to the cat, his tail gently thumping against the couch "We have to right?"

Panda began to get into it, jamming away at his guitar "They see you as small and helpless, they see you as just a child, surprised when they find out that a warrior will soon run wild" he sang, going along with the two guitars playing
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

vix looked at the more silent pet he was going to say something then let it pass as he changed songs from guns and roses to blink 182 all the small things.
ImageImageImage
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

"Can I play on one of the guitars?" Hyper asked.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Aching headache. Sore body.
The world slowly fades into view as Trigger opens his eyes. Where was he?
"Good question." He muttered to himself.
Don't really know how I got here.
The husky picks himself, dusting himself off as he looks around. From the looks of it, he was in some kind of back alley. An empty cardboard box and a few other pieces of trash were discarded here and there throughout the narrow pathway.
And he hadn't the faintest idea how he got here. Shaking his head he headed out into the street, taking out his phone from his collar as he did so.
New names and numbers that I don't know
He pressed the "unlock screen" button, only to be met with an empty battery sign.
"Just great..." The dog muttered. "Now how the **** am I gonna check the market."
This has gotta be the good life
Slipping the phone back in his pocket, he glanced up and down the street, looking for some recognizable landmarks. Finding none, he sighed, deciding he might at well start walking somewhere...
"Wait... where are my headphones?"
Good life.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Panda chuckled a bit "You break it you buy it, otherwise you can play as much as you want, try not to scratch them up, these guitars are very expensive" he set his own guitar down, his guitar was certainly one of a kind, it had stickers upon stickers, but the main art was a multicolored Japanese symbol
Pet Friendly:
~\Rook/~

Post by ~\Rook/~ »

Izarc felt way over his head, he couldn't breath and the music was going right through his head. "I-I need a-air.." He murmured, then quickly slipped out the door and walked to the side out of eye-shot from the shop's occupants.

Gah.. Why even put yourself through this? ..Socializing? it's not really needed.. You always have Kat to talk to.. But.. He looks at the cracked, orange headphones in his paw. Sometimes it's good.. You find 'friends'..

The cat leans onto the wall and slides down into a seated position and stares at the headphones, holding them out in front of himself.

"Where is you, Trigger?" He quietly asks, hoping somehow he's get the answer..
Character Reference
Hotep the psychic

Vixent slowly faded to a stop while playing the guitar before putting it away. "so whats your name?" vix asked
ImageImageImage