Main OOC Update - GMs and Mods have your say!

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Main OOC Update - GMs and Mods have your say!

Post by Hlaoroo »

As I'm sure you've all seen by now, I've been authorised by the mods to create a new main OOC to replace the current out of date one. The plan I've come up with can be found here.
This is your chance to have your say away from the rest of the forums.
If there's anything you want in the OOC that I haven't covered or if there's anything you think I need to change or take out of the plan then please let me know here. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

MrNeonShot

Re: UPDATE TIME! NEW MAIN OOC! GMs and Mods have your say!

Post by MrNeonShot »

I suggest not titling the ooc "pet friendly". Because everyone, not just the pet friendly players post there.

I also want to list Apollo City as "Pet Friendly?: Apollo City".
Because the world takes place in the future of Housepets, but it also inputs concepts from Rick's story "ARGO". If thats too difficult, just say "Apollo City."
Last edited by MrNeonShot on Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: UPDATE TIME! NEW MAIN OOC! GMs and Mods have your say!

Post by Hlaoroo »

That's a great suggestion about the title. I'll certainly take it on board. Anybody have any suggestions as to what the thread should be called. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Roleplaying Forums Main OOC".

We can certainly list AC like that for you, Neon.

You can feel free to ask your players to brainstorm a description for you. I'd like it in the next one to two weeks if possible though.

As to SP, that's what made it so confusing to join - that it didn't have a description. I need more than "anything can happen" but it doesn't have to be much. Just say something along the lines of it being an average-sized town set next to a woods that just happens to have a colony of red pandas living in it. You could mention things like the various districts on the map but as GM you could also create a new map if you think it more appropriate to the RP. If you could work out a description to put in the initial OOC pot as well as an updated player list that would be good too. I'll give you the permissions to edit it.

This thread was intended for discussing the layout of the OOC as well as any information or rules that you think should or shouldn't be on there or things like the thread title or titles for subsections. Please post your questions and information about descriptions, activity ratings etc into the threads created for those in future. Cheers. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Re: Main OOC Update - GMs and Mods have your say!

Post by MrNeonShot »

*facepalms* Sorry, I didn't notice the other board until after I posted. I can remove the description questions so it doesn't confuse anyone.

Another rule I think should be added is "Do not post anything that can be considered inappropriate or unsettling."
I personally don't want to read someone in my roleplay, or any roleplay that I'm apart of, post "Smileydog pried open his jaws and walked inside his mouth."
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

No worries, Neon. Thanks. ;)

I think that rule is covered in the forum rules which mention that content posted must be family friendly and safe for children. As GM, if you do see posts in your RPs that violate that you do have the right to contact the player who posted it and ask for it to be changed as well as to report the post and/or the player if the post is particularly bad or the player is uncooperative. If you see posts in other RPs that you think violate the rules then again you're free to report it and/or contact a mod about it and we would encourage you to do so so that the issue can be dealt with.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I did bring that up about Edge city, where that actually happened, but they say there weren't any rules broken :/

Stating it specifically means they can't loophole.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Edge City was always intended to be a horror style RP so it was always going to be pushing things, I think. I haven't read through that RP so I can't really comment on any specific instances but I do recall you raising one or two points in the main ooc. I'll raise it with the other mods though and see what they think.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Edge City was always intended to be a horror style RP so it was always going to be pushing things, I think. I haven't read through that RP so I can't really comment on any specific instances but I do recall you raising one or two points in the main ooc. I'll raise it with the other mods though and see what they think.

Edge City is NOT a pet-friendly neighborhood.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Both its OOC and IC threads are labelled as Pet Friendly - Edge City. Pet Friendly means that the RP happens in the same world as Housepets! and has nothing to do with the theme of the RP or the type of pets involved.
Nevertheless, PF or not, EC must still comply with forum ratings and rules and the mods currently feel that it does. Were it not compliant it would have been shut down.
My point still stands about horror by definition being unsettling though.

This thread, however, is not the place for debating specific events that happen in RPs or the RPs themselves though. Feel free to create a new thread for that if you wish, or to take it up with the mods if you have any concerns. The point of this thread is to discuss what should and shouldn't be included in the new main OOC as well as the layout of said post.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

While we have been discussing the problems in private message, I said what we needed for the main ooc, then pointed out why. I haven't broken any rules, and I have stayed on topic.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I know, Neon. I wasn't pointing any fingers or accusing anyone of breaking rules and I'm sorry if I came across that way - it was unintentional. It was just a gentle reminder that we're here to discuss the new main OOC and not Edge City specifically unless the discussion refers to details to be included in the OOC.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Ok. I can see starting a new OOC so you can keep the info updated..

but why do we suddenly need a GM Liaison?
An new forums for GM's that will never be used? Seems to be a waste of time and effort, It's feeling like were taking an D&D roleplay, and forcing AD&D3.5 rules on everyone. where you need a special rules and regulations book for each race (pet) :(

An lastly, how do i opt. out of these Mass GM notifications?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Um... I think the pages of the Main OOC are really hard to read.
I'm not trying to make your job difficult, I'm just saying.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Yeah you may want to add a line between bullets and paragraphs, just for readability
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I also want to express some frustration in HAVING to read and keep track of the GM threads. I roleplay mainly for fun. This feels like an administrative structure thing being tacked on to a free system based on trust. While I don't have a job (yet) that can get in the way of this, I can see keeping track of all this becoming a problem.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks, Neon and Brent. I'll edit that formatting as soon as I get time.

As to these rules about the GMs, there's really nothing new there. That's all stuff that you as GMs knew already - it's just the first time it's all been written down. The only new stuff, as you've pointed out, is that pertaining to the GM subforum.

Now I can't see who's visited that forum unless you comment on something so there's no way I can enforce that. The ideas of that was just to remind you to check there periodically for any announcements. As long as you're aware of any important news that might come up, that's all I want.

As to the extra admin thing, well, it is extra admin but I'll be the one keeping tabs on it so you don't have to. There will still be a lot of trust in the system. I'm trusting you guys to run your RPs properly and I'm trusting you to let me know if anything major changes.

I'm not asking for a day to day analysis of activity. All I'm asking is to be informed if you suddenly have three extra players join which fills up all your slots, or to be informed of any changes to your slot availability or activity rating at the end of every third month which is really not a big ask. You've all been keeping track of your players and the speed of your RPs speed and poking it when it's too slow or slowing it when it's too fast anyway so really it's no more extra work for you.

If you'd rather, I can send out a PM every third month to remind you to bring me up to speed, or I can trust you to inform me and just remind those who don't. I'm easy either way.

As to the mass PMs, sorry Keeshah, but you can't opt out because they get sent to the group rather than to individuals. I promise I won't spam you. Now that people are beginning to reply to those threads and let me know the status of their RPs I can start to follow up on individuals rather than messaging all of you. I promise not to spam you all either. The only mass PMs you'll get in future are the one ever third month (if you guys want to do it that way) and one on the odd occasion if the mods have any news or information that you need to know. Again, if you'd rather, news like that can be posted in the GM subforum and I can trust that you'll see it yourselves.

One other thing: Those of you who have old RPs that already have descriptions in the old main occ, I still need to hear from you. If you want to keep your old description then that's fine but please let me know so I can make it happen.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters