MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

exranio wrote:Locke opened his eyes Is anything flying at me? No. Is there anything falling or crumbling? No. Am I on fire again? No. "Well no traps on the front door. Stay back here for a sec while I check the inside for trip lines." Locke went into hover mode. He flew into the manor's main hall staying a few inches of the ground,but never going to high. The manor seemed to have a blueish tint to it as would be expected of a place named shade manor. A cracked chandelier dangled loosely from the ceiling. The sonic explosion probably one served to worsen it's condition. To the right, doors. To the left, more doors. Ahead was a stair case the split to the right and to the left.

Locke examined the entire floor through searching for any sort of trip traps. Being a pegasus came in handy a lot in his line of work. Locke gestured for Navy to come in. The floor is clear. If there isn't any traps on the main hall there should only be protection in front of important areas. This is going to be all to easy."
Navy nervously got to her hooves, glancing around, hoping nopony was nearby to investigate the sound. She cautiously stepped forward and into the house, wincing at every hoofbeat, despite them being muffled by the rubber horseshoes she was wearing. Around her, the house creaked, having been perfectly preserved for so long, now having its foundations resettled by the concussive force of the door. She glanced around in the dark, looking over the mid-evil equestrian architecture that the house had been built upon, "Wow... I guess this is what time travel feels like..." she said casually.

Suddenly, the creaking shot up into what sounded like some sort of monster roaring and the wood around them splintered and came to life. The floor uprooted itself, flinging them forwards like a giant tongue. Behind them, the entry seemed to shatter and collapse into massive toothlike splinters, which shut upon them.

From outside, it looked as if the house had suddenly come alive and eaten them, it's windows glowing like a series of cold and monstrous eyes...

==== Inside ====
Navy and Locke were thrown through the dark foyer of the manor, rolling into the bottom of the stairs. Around them the whole building seemed to shake and rearrange itself, as if it knew that the door had been breached.

Navy jumped to her hooves, pulling a lantern out of her satchel and quickly lighting it, looking to get out of the house in case it fell in on them or something. "Oh Clop." Behind them, their only exit had become a solid wall.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

The Game wrote:Lizzie spit out her tea over her shoulder, looking back at Hem with her jaw nearly hitting the table. "That took longer then usual!? You drew that in 10 minutes flat!"
"10 minutes? One sec." Hem said as he took a sip of tea, then proceeded to spit it out over his shoulder in a like manner. "I suppose I did spend more time on it than usual. But I suppose it is my best work, so it should take longer than normal" He said with a smile.
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen froze in mid-step, watching with dropped jaw as the house came to life and, for lack of a better word, ATE the two ponies he had a moment ago been sneaking up on. For a few minutes after the house had settled back down the stunned unicorn just stood there, staring up into those eye-like windows, and then those teeth-like planks of wood where the door had been. Finally he turned to look at Crescendo beside him.

"Hey, I think we're dealing with a monster house."

[I loved that movie.]
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke lied on his back next to his partner with a huge smile on his face. "Whoa. That was new. This is going to be awesome." He flapped himself into a hover. "Now the question is whether the house is alive or if this is a magic enchantment. If it's magic I may be able to shut it down. If it's alive this is the coolest place ever." Maybe I could make it a new base of operations.Nah it would probably kill me in my sleep. " So Blue, where do we go now? We gotta find the library so you to make out with all the books, right?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy was completely frazzled, looking around for some way out. The entire wall had been shut itself to them: not even windows remained. She took a deep breath and tried to calm down: there had to be a way out of this one... She remembered the cellar: it had been broken into a long time ago, and she'd already tried to get into the main house through it: it was still the perfect back-door-escape to her plan. She ran back into the foyer, going behind the stairs to find the door. It had been barred with a large wooden plank... That was all? She decided to go with it. She lifted the bar and opened the door. There they were. The stairs to the cellar. Well... she thought, That.... That was really easy. she shrugged and closed the door behind her, leaving it unbarred, heading back to the foyer, "Ok... Looks like we've got an escape-route..." she said to Locke on her way in, "Now, the entrance to the library should be up on the second floor, in the back of the house..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Second floor eh? Fine then lead the way Earthbound one. I'm startinf to actually consider reading some of the stuff in here. I might find that catches my interest." Locke floated down behind Navy ready to follow her every step, even if his chains stil made a bit of a rattle even when they're wrapped around his legs.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

((Let's get Clyde back into things, shall we?))

Clyde ran up the path to Shade Manor with a concerned look on his face Neighem, you had better be alright, or I swear I'll squish you like a bug. He thought. A moment later, he caught sight of two ponies near the gate. "Penwrite! Crescendo! What's going on? Is anyone hurt?" He asked as he ran up to them.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

==== Inside the Manor ====
exranio wrote:"Second floor eh? Fine then lead the way Earthbound one. I'm startinf to actually consider reading some of the stuff in here. I might find that catches my interest." Locke floated down behind Navy ready to follow her every step, even if his chains stil made a bit of a rattle even when they're wrapped around his legs.
Navy made her way up the main steps of the foyer, the dark blue carpet still felt soft under her hooves, magically preserved over the past few centuries, like everything else in the manor. She stopped briefly on the landing to regard the painted sculpture which was set into the wall: a dark-grey stallion in midevil combat armor stood with a grey mare in a dark-green dress, flanked by several other ponies, each wearing equally stern expressions. Navy recognized them as the original Lord and Lady Shade, who had overseen the building's construction and began the line of nobles which had gone on to rule over Grand Castilia for the next few centuries. She moved on, up the second flight and onto the second story. Recalling her map, she went further back into the manor, heading towards the library...

(( By the way, you might want to proofread your posts a bit more... ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

BlueAnubis wrote:((Let's get Clyde back into things, shall we?))

Clyde ran up the path to Shade Manor with a concerned look on his face Neighem, you had better be alright, or I swear I'll squish you like a bug. He thought. A moment later, he caught sight of two ponies near the gate. "Penwrite! Crescendo! What's going on? Is anyone hurt?" He asked as he ran up to them.
Penwrite turned at the sound of his name and saw Clyde running up the hill to meet them. Instantly it felt like a massive load was lifted off the writer unicorn's back, so thankful was he to have the other stallion there. "Oh Clyde, great to see you again! Let's see, I got hit on the head by Navy, then she and some pegasus I don't know went from the library to here, while Crescendo and I're trying to stop them. I don't know what they're up to, but I've traveled around and written enough fiction to know that the stallion I saw can't be up to any good. Also, the house just ate them."
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo didn't know what was going on around him. He was too busy staring at the building with his mouth agape. There is no way that just happened. THAT WAS INSANE. What have I gotten myself into. We're going to die! These were only a few of the thoughts that screamed inside the pony's head. His thoughts started to calm down a bit after a moment, and he heard the sound of Pen talking, though he sounded muffled in the still fairly loud roar his mind was making. He turned back to Pen and the recently arrived Clyde. He wanted to say something productive, but all that came out was, "It. Ate. Them."

((Yada yada, life is hectic, yada yada, I need to post more, etc.))
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde breathed as sigh of releaf, "So no one was hurt, good. Then we- did you say the house ate-?" He was interuppted by Crescendo's outburst before he could finish his question. "I suppose you did. Are you alright to move? We have to help them." He said with determination.

exranio

Post by exranio »

"So Blue, remind me what kind of books we're looking for again. Ancient tomes? Magical scrolls? Secrets of mystic artifects?" Locke kept a close eye on the ceiling as he hovered behind Navy. He felt certain they were going to be crushed any second now. "I mean I'm not really that interested in the books. It's just I havn't seen anything worth my attention yet. You know aside from the enchanted house eating us. Hey, if the house ate us does that means the house eats meat? I'm jelous now."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Darn right we need to save them! Come on guys, let's do this!"

With a wild shout Pen charged headlong towards the massive house, heedless of the way the upper windows seemed to glower down at him. At that moment he channeled all of his being, all of his abilities, his very character into that one moment. This was it. This was the time to make his whole day worth it. This was the day to prove once and for all it wasn't a problem that he alwa-

CRASH. Pen ran into the front wall of the house, just to the left of the door. There was now quite a nicely sized Pen-shaped hole in that wall.

[Aha! I have justified all the times he's run into walls so far! XD]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:"So Blue, remind me what kind of books we're looking for again. Ancient tomes? Magical scrolls? Secrets of mystic artifects?" Locke kept a close eye on the ceiling as he hovered behind Navy. He felt certain they were going to be crushed any second now. "I mean I'm not really that interested in the books. It's just I havn't seen anything worth my attention yet. You know aside from the enchanted house eating us. Hey, if the house ate us does that means the house eats meat? I'm jelous now."
"You're a sick stallion, Locke." Navy stated, rather than validating that last statement with anything else, "This place has books that are over a thousand years old and don't exist anywhere else. On top of that, if you were paying attention to the statue in the main room, you'd have noticed the crescent-moon insignias the Shades were wearing: that was a symbol for the cult of Luna. Relics from them are especially rare..." she glanced back at Locke, realizing that he was probably uninterested, "They liked silver alot too." She briefly looked around in the hallway as they came to an intersection. "This way." she began to lead on, "The library should be just-"
Penwrite wrote:CRASH.
CRAAAAAAAAA....
Navy was interrupted as house began to groan around them, its outer layer shifting once again. "Clop it! Not again!" she yelped, hitting the deck as the house's outer walls adapted to blunt-force...

==== Shade Manor - Main Foyer ====
The house seemed to scream and groan at Penwrite after he somehow managed to crash in through a wall, and around him everything twisted and shuddered, shaking him off his hooves as the floor moved beneath him. Behind him, the wall splintered and hardened, closing him off while becoming thicker and stronger to prevent anything from breaking it the same way again.

(( lol, at this point I'm just waiting for Saturday's episode to eliminate the Shade backstory... I bet it won't even make the most remote sense after Luna appears..... ))
(( By the way, this is a "haunted house arc", so you guys should get inside so it can go into full swing. Remember that I keep throwing that whole "the cellar has already been broken into" thing out, so don't say "I don't know how I'll get in." ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Grand Castilia's new resident manga artist wandered out of his home after getting a bit of writer's block. "Clop, I need some inspiration." said the red pegasus from the east. He flew above the city to look around for a place he could either get inspiration or just a quiet place where he could be alone with his thoughts. in the distance he could see both the Everfree forest and an old mansion of some sort. "let's see, freaky forest with lots of chance for adventure but also chance of danger, or creepy looking building." he thought. he decided to head to the mansion, just to see if a change in environment was all he needed.

When he got to the mansion, he noticed a group of ponies in front. one of them ran towards the wall and then he heard a Crash, followed by the house groaning. "Well that's a bit odd." he thought as he flew down to see what was going on.

He landed next to the group of ponies in front of the mansion and looked at the place where he was sure that other pony had run, but there was nopony there. "Umm, what the Clop is going on here?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke covered his head and centered himself in the air. "What just happened? I think the house is angry!" the rumbling groaning sound faded away and everything went back to the silence of before. "Okay, I'm not sure if I like this place that much anymore. Let's get the books and some shiny stuff and get out! Seriously I'm to great to be killed by a stupid house of all things. A loud creaking noise screeched from above. "I meant smart house! She's a very smart bueatiful house and I'd be honer to die at her will!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:Locke covered his head and centered himself in the air. "What just happened? I think the house is angry!" the rumbling groaning sound faded away and everything went back to the silence of before. "Okay, I'm not sure if I like this place that much anymore. Let's get the books and some shiny stuff and get out! Seriously I'm to great to be killed by a stupid house of all things. A loud creaking noise screeched from above. "I meant smart house! She's a very smart bueatiful house and I'd be honer to die at her will!"
Navy pulled herself to her hooves with a groan, "No, I don't think it's alive Locke..." she started off at a much quicker pace towards the library, her silenced horseshoes making a soft pattering noise as she jogged down the hallway. "This looks like an old security mechanism, I think the house is just reacting to our presence by trying to seal off weaknesses... We need to hurry to the library before anything else happens..." she slowed at a thought, "Actually... I'm not sure what that second one was... unless it was the basement... but I think it was from outside..." she slowed and glanced back down the hallway, "We should be careful: someone might have followed us... We might have another guard on our hands...." she thought for a second, strategizing against the situation. She sped back up, "We should get moving... The library's through this door..." she stopped in front of a door and held her hoof out to open it, then hesitated... I hope this one isn't trapped or something... Well... it's the library, so... She turned the latch and pushed it open, recoiling.... Nothing happened. No traps. She glanced back at Locke, "Come on." with that, she went on through...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[Well, I was waiting on BlueAnubis or Cwitt to post before posting again, but I guess they're busy.]

Pen groaned, stumbling over his own hooves as he staggered about the main foyer of the mansion. Little grey pegasi with bubble cutie marks circled around his head, his derped eyes following them. "Oh my gosh...double pegasi around my head...what does it mean?"

A loud rumbling echoed around him, and Pen thought it sounded strangely like chuckling. Shaking his head to clear away the circling pegasi he looked around himself. He was all alone in a pony-eating house, separated from his friends and with no way to get back to them, and trying to find two ponies that more likely than not would hit him on the head with something heavy the moment they saw him. "Well, my night's looking good so far...oh well, might as well start looking.

With that said, Pen spun around and started down a random hallway.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

((Let's catch up then, shall we?))

Clyde looked at the pony-shaped hole Pen had created with his skull, "There is no way I'm fitting through that." He said as he stood neck and sholuders above the top of the hole. As if to answer him, the wall groaned and closed up, leaving no sign it had been damaged. "What the hay?" He cried. He backed up several steps before charging into the wall with his shoulder, creating a thick crack that sealed up instantly. "Cud! The wall is much thicker than when Penwrite whent through. We have to find annother way in. DON'T WORRY PEN, WE'LL FIND A WAY TO GET TO YOU!" He shouted, unsure of whether he could hear him or not. He turned to see a red pony that had joined them unnoticed, "Uh, hi. Seems there is a trapped house that has trapped somepony as well as a friend of ours, and now we need to find a way to get in to help them out." He said as he glanced to either side, Perhaps there's a back door or something? He thought.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

==== Shade Manor - Front Lawn ====
BlueAnubis wrote:he glanced to either side, Perhaps there's a back door or something? He thought.
The massive lawn, despite having been abandoned for many years, was not too badly unkempt, as the groundskeepers still tended to it after all this time, partially for the tourist groups which sometimes came through to look at the historical house. The statues were cracked, however, and the shrubberies had been reduced to old stone formations in the ground. The relatively large front-porch of the house extended for some way in both directions before leading off into ramps which went into the ground. The house's external wall seemed to be made of heavy wood with stone-brick support-columns. The windows of the first floor had boarded themselves up when the house adapted to Penwrite's entry, and were no longer accessible.

The sides of the house (where things like the cellar entrances were at) were out of view from this angle.

==== Shade Manor - Foyer ====
BlueAnubis wrote:"DON'T WORRY PEN, WE'LL FIND A WAY TO GET TO YOU!"
The walls were much thicker and more solid than they had been, and Penwrite could only have heard muffled noises had he been listening.
Penwrite wrote:A loud rumbling echoed around him, and Pen thought it sounded strangely like chuckling. Shaking his head to clear away the circling pegasi he looked around himself. He was all alone in a pony-eating house, separated from his friends and with no way to get back to them, and trying to find two ponies that more likely than not would hit him on the head with something heavy the moment they saw him. "Well, my night's looking good so far...oh well, might as well start looking.

With that said, Pen spun around and started down a random hallway.
Well then, Penwrite walked off down one of the large and ornate hallways near the front of the house, and found himself walking past what looked like many large doors. The hallway was lit by dim lanterns which gave off a dim glow, lighting themselves as he came into view of them, as if they'd waited nearly a thousand years just to light somepony's path once again. At the end, he reached a large sitting room which looked like it had been made for receiving guests. On the far wall was a large fireplace made of black brick, and on the mantle it held a large clock which was somehow still ticking softly. Along the wall beside and above it were three sets of swords, shields, lances, and armor: old displays of the family's history as midevil warriors. The other walls held large paintings of various scenes at night, one looking like it held an image of Princess Celestia kneeling next to a brook, looking immaculately regal. The ceiling was extra high and slightly ornate, containing a somewhat luminescent images of the night sky, though the star patterns looked like they had been improperly placed, being different from the night sky that Penwrite was used to. Meanwhile, the floor was a dark shade of blue, mimicking the peaceful-night theme that the room seemed to have...

There were several doors exiting the room, two of which seemed to go back to the rooms which had been hinted at by the ones in the hall. The windows of the room had been wooded over by the houses defenses, and no longer showed the outside.

As Penwrite entered, there was a small crackling noise and the fireplace began to glow, it's wood somehow coming to light, shining an eerie glow across the room as the rest of the lights sputtered into being.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke followed Navy into the library. "Books, nothing but books. It's just like I imagined except with less gold. So were going to case this place now or do you want something in particular. Because I think there might be something dragon related I need to take a look at." Locke glided along side the bookshelves "Hey look this one has a silver casing" he pulled the large book from the shelve causing a cloud of dust to burst from the shelf. He dropped it down on a near by table, eyeing it. "I can't read this old stuff. Hey blue and can you come over here and read this to me?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( OOPS! I didn't realize I needed to describe the library in that post! Let me get onto that... ))

The library was a massive 2 story room: seemingly a major-point of the manor. On the walls to the left and the right were massive bookshelves which went from floor to ceiling and curved around the front and back walls to accommodate a sliding ladder which gave access to them. On the back wall the bookcases were broken by three massive arched-windows, which overlooked the ravine which had been the back-yard, and the Black-Pine woods and Everfree forest beyond that. The center window was higher than the others, and cut into the third story, where another room balconied the ceiling of the library. The ceiling which connected to the arched-window there was painted with a strange rendition of the night sky: one which did not match the one outside. In the center of the library was what looked like some sort of lounging area, with a soft rug, cushions, pillows, raised seating, and tables with drawers. In the back, between the windows, were 2 display cases which held historical looking outfits: one the robes of a wizard, the other the armor of a noble warrior. The floor was a dark hard-wood, covered in dark-blue rugs which held imagery of the lunar phases.

As Navy and Locke stepped into the room, magical lights flickered into being along the walls, but the room seemed to be unnaturally lit, as if there were invisible light sources which kept shadows from forming...
exranio wrote:Locke followed Navy into the library. "Books, nothing but books. It's just like I imagined except with less gold. So were going to case this place now or do you want something in particular. Because I think there might be something dragon related I need to take a look at." Locke glided along side the bookshelves "Hey look this one has a silver casing" he pulled the large book from the shelf. He dropped it down on a near by table, eyeing it. "I can't read this old stuff. Hey blue and can you come over here and read this to me?
Navy was awed for a moment at the library: there were so many wonderful books... So many, many, books... books... Books books booooks..... BOOKS..... Books books, books books, books books books, BOOKS. Books... Books! Boooooks. BOOKS! Books books! Books. Books books books books...

She wanted to bathe in them...

To swim in them and partake in their very essence,
and to become one with them, embracing them as they washed over her...
She wanted to experience their form and contents wholly and intimately,
to make sweet, beautiful-

Oh wait, Locke was saying something to her. She trotted over and glanced at what he was looking at. "Hmm... Nice find: that's a first-print of one of Starswirl the Bearded's more important works... And considering this family's rank, I bet..." she walked a little closer and checked the title-page, revealing a penstroke signature, "Yep: autographed copy. Nice find! This'll probably make you a few thousand bits..." She glanced around again, "Anyway, that's a decent bit of change, but I'm going to look for something a bit more lucrative... Would you mind securing the doors? I'd rather not have somepony follow us in here..."

She began to walk slowly along the wall, looking over the different books... She stopped at one, "Huh... I thin this one's bound in some sort of... um... animal flesh..." she hesitantly pulled the leather-bound book out, taking it tentatively in her hooves: the very idea of such a binding was downright disturbing. "Wow... This thing's probably some deep occult stuff: no writing on the cover..." Nevertheless, she set it on the rug and carefully opened it to the title page. Immediately, the book began to let out little snarls as black tendrils began to form around its pages. She slammed it shut and quickly reshelved it, flustered. "OK! New development: some of these books might not be safe: we'd better stay sharp about that... heh heh..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen walked across the room, coming to a stop before the fireplace and sitting down. His eyes followed the dancing flames, growing wide and glazed over as something in the flames made him think they were the most beautiful flames ever. He knew there was something he was there to do, somepony he needed to find...but he couldn't...look away....

Slowly his eyes turned the same red and orange of the fire. A grin crept across his face.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

BlueAnubis wrote:((Let's catch up then, shall we?))

Clyde looked at the pony-shaped hole Pen had created with his skull, "There is no way I'm fitting through that." He said as he stood neck and sholuders above the top of the hole. As if to answer him, the wall groaned and closed up, leaving no sign it had been damaged. "What the hay?" He cried. He backed up several steps before charging into the wall with his shoulder, creating a thick crack that sealed up instantly. "Cud! The wall is much thicker than when Penwrite whent through. We have to find annother way in. DON'T WORRY PEN, WE'LL FIND A WAY TO GET TO YOU!" He shouted, unsure of whether he could hear him or not. He turned to see a red pony that had joined them unnoticed, "Uh, hi. Seems there is a trapped house that has trapped somepony as well as a friend of ours, and now we need to find a way to get in to help them out." He said as he glanced to either side, Perhaps there's a back door or something? He thought.
"oh, cool. I was just looking for a quiet place to write. looks like I found some inspiration instead." Shin said, grinning.
"well, I guess we should probably try to find a way in to help them, huh?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Slowly his eyes turned the same red and orange of the fire. A grin crept across his face.
The flames were pleased by this wonderful plot twist...
exranio

Post by exranio »

"How unsafe are we talking? Can any of these conquer the world? Not that I need to do that or anything." he coughed. "They are all just books right? Whats the worst they can do, give me a paper cut? I'm so terribly frightened. " Locke started tossing random books from the shelf into bags along with anything else shiny he might like. "Let's just take everything! Breaking into this place twice probaly isn't a good idea so lets get everything we can!." Locke knocked a red book onto the floor. It was a shade of red Locke loved very much. Upon examination this one was in letters he could read. "It says Hate. Hey blue i found a book on hatred. I think I'll keep this one."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:"How unsafe are we talking? Can any of these conquer the world? Not that I need to do that or anything." he coughed. "They are all just books right? Whats the worst they can do, give me a paper cut? I'm so terribly frightened. " Locke started tossing random books from the shelf into bags along with anything else shiny he might like. "Let's just take everything! Breaking into this place twice probaly isn't a good idea so lets get everything we can!." Locke knocked a red book onto the floor. It was a shade of red Locke loved very much. Upon examination this one was in letters he could read. "It says Hate. Hey blue i found a book on hatred. I think I'll keep this one."
"'Hate'?" Navy was a bit confused, "Locke, trust me, I'm the book expert here. Alot of these books really aren't too rare, that's probably just another book on Hatred Shade, he was one of the most notorious murderers in Equestrian history." she glanced over at Locke, "You might like him: it's rumored that he ate other ponies. Now go secure the doors while I try and find something from the Cult of Luna. Those usually go for a few million bits on the black market..." she started looking around more, "Oh, and while you're at it, try and open some of these locked cabinets. I don't think they'll have any dangerous enchantments keeping them locked like the one on the front door..."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Theres a big difference between wanting to eat meat and wanting to eat ponies. Eating ponies is just plain evil ..." Wait a sec I like evil Locke shoved the book into the bag with the others. Following Navy's orders he clocked off the doors with a pair of chairs. He flew up to the higher cabinets of the library. Locke took out his trusty lock pick that he cleverly named "the key to destiny" and went straight to work on the locks. One by one each lock popped open with ease. "Old Equestrian locksmiths must have sucked. Back home even the lock on a child's toybox is more complicated than this, but that's mostly because of the national thief problem." he said with proud smile "Oh sweet capitalism."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[Hey exranio, Rock, do you think we could wait a bit for the others to post something? I kinda need something to play off of here, and my plans mean I can't meet up with you two quite yet. Pweeeaaassse? *does sad Apple Bloom eyes*]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I'm just going to come out with this: I don't plan for ANYPONY to catch up to Locke and Navy. Actually, the haunt involves them. Aside from that, I guess we could wait a bit... I'm really waiting for all the involved characters to get inside so I can start the haunt... ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( I'm just going to come out with this: I don't plan for ANYPONY to catch up to Locke and Navy. Actually, the haunt involves them. Aside from that, I guess we could wait a bit... I'm really waiting for all the involved characters to get inside so I can start the haunt... ))
[That's all I'm waiting for too, for the other characters to get inside. Though I suppose if you two just go on talking about books you find and stuff, and not actually advance the story, then I suppose there's really no problem to keep posting...]
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde nodded to the new pony, "Alright, come on." He said as he made his way to the side of the house, Over here! It looks lke there is a cellar here. Please be unlocked. He pleaded as he grabbed the handle with his teeth and pulled. The unoiled hinges creaked loudly as the door slowly swung open and slammed onto the ground. *Ptoo* "Bleh, rusty. Okay, I'll go first, stay close behind me." He said as he made his way down the stairs. The cellar was empty, save for the cobwebs, and appeared safe. He took a few steps foreward without issue before speaking, "Alright, come on down."
The Game wrote:Lizzie spit out her tea over her shoulder, looking back at Hem with her jaw nearly hitting the table. "That took longer then usual!? You drew that in 10 minutes flat!"
"10 minutes? One sec." Hem said as he took a sip of tea, then proceeded to spit it out over his shoulder in a like manner. "I suppose I did spend more time on it than usual. But I suppose it is my best work, so it should take longer than normal" He said with a smile.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin turned to ask the third pony if he was going to be coming, but he seemed to have vanished. oh. well that's a bit odd, he thought.

He turned back to follow Clyde into the cellar.
(OOC: I know you said to ignore him, but I felt him disappearing fit the mood a bit better.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The old dirt and stone cellar, of course, has been ransacked long ago, and now had only a few bits of trash lying around from mischievous ponies who'd snuck in, either on a bet, or trying to get into the house by climbing the stairs. Of course, none of them had been able to break through, even with small explosives: The cellar door was, for some reason, incredibly sturdy...

==== Back in the library ====
exranio wrote:"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Theres a big difference between wanting to eat meat and wanting to eat ponies. Eating ponies is just plain evil ..." Wait a sec I like evil Locke shoved the book into the bag with the others. Following Navy's orders he clocked off the doors with a pair of chairs. He flew up to the higher cabinets of the library. Locke took out his trusty lock pick that he cleverly named "the key to destiny" and went straight to work on the locks. One by one each lock popped open with ease. "Old Equestrian locksmiths must have sucked. Back home even the lock on a child's toybox is more complicated than this, but that's mostly because of the national thief problem." he said with proud smile "Oh sweet capitalism."
"They were probably just supposed to keep them closed off from anypony who wasn't supposed to reason. The house had enough security that they didn't expect somepony to come in here and just pick all the locks..." Navy pushed a ladder over to one of the high cabinets, climbed it, and started looking over the books, grabbing a few in her teeth and tossing to the rug below, where they landed face-up, avoiding damage. Navy slid back down the ladder and began looking through the books, trying to find something of interest...

...Which she did! "Bam! That's what I'm looking for!" she opened up a silver-lined book which had white writing on its black pages, "Looks like the Shade family kept a whole book from the cult of Luna! Handwritten too: I bet the author has a bunch of notes that haven't been recorded..." She grinned, somewhat maniacally, and shoved it into her bag, "Ooooohhh.... I can't WAIT to see that one when we get back.... yeeahhhh..."

(( Sorry that took so long: I'm extremely sick right now and it's throwing everything off... ))
(( Penwrite should go now... ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

If either of the ponies in the library had been paying attention to anything other than themselves and those books, they would have noticed a strange orange glow coming in from below the door. The light was familiar, like the kind gotten from a fireplace or lamp.

As she examined the newly-found book, Navy suddenly shivered. A voice came to her head. "Navy...." as if somepony was whispering into her hear. Perhaps her partner in crime?
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde followed the stairway at the end of the cellar, which led to, what appeared to be, the kitchen. "I don't trust this place worth the mud in my shoes," He said, searching and scanning for anything obviously dangerous, "I know this isn't really the place for introductions, but I'm Clydegale, or Clyde, if you prefer." He said to the new pony, keeping his eyes ahead as he slowly walked towards the next doorway.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin followed Clyde up the stairs "I'm Shinobi Umakage. Shin for short. I just moved here from Hiroshuma."

(OOC:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Of course, none of them had been able to break through, even with small explosives: The cellar door was, for some reason, incredibly sturdy...
how'd you get out of the cellar?)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke leaned in ever so curios "Secrets about Luna? What sort of secrets are we talking about? Becuase if theres any chance they lead to treasure," Or possibly Drake's heart, "I have to look at it!" Locke then took a second to realise, he hardly knew who Luna is. T"his is a foreign country with a foreign history that he wasn't familiar with at all. All he knows is anything Lunar has to do with the moon. "Are they .... secrets about the moon. Is there something about the moon we should know?" What could some one possibly hide in or about the moon. Is it really some sort a poison emitter. Has it really been causing insanity like ponies used to beleive. Is it a weapon. Is there lost profitable Knowledge. "Okay, actualy my biggest question is. What was the cult of Luna?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:Locke leaned in ever so curios "Secrets about Luna? What sort of secrets are we talking about? Becuase if theres any chance they lead to treasure," Or possibly Drake's heart, "I have to look at it!" Locke then took a second to realise, he hardly knew who Luna is. T"his is a foreign country with a foreign history that he wasn't familiar with at all. All he knows is anything Lunar has to do with the moon. "Are they .... secrets about the moon. Is there something about the moon we should know?" What could some one possibly hide in or about the moon. Is it really some sort a poison emitter. Has it really been causing insanity like ponies used to beleive. Is it a weapon. Is there lost profitable Knowledge. "Okay, actualy my biggest question is. What was the cult of Luna?"
"Obscure historical group: worshiped princess Luna over Celestia, with quite a passion I might ad... Their existence caused quite a stir after Luna's banishment, and the Shades were pretty closely connected to her. In fact, one of the heirs to the line was apparently closely involved in the whole Nightmare Moon thing, and was exiled right after she was banished..." Navy would've gone on, but Locke never seemed to care, "As for secrets... I dunno, there might be treasure, but really, how could we NOT be interested in the secrets surrounding the Pony-Goddess of the night?" Navy continued to go through the pile, flipping through a book before sliding it aside and sighing, "Already got one of those..."
Penwrite wrote:As she examined the newly-found book, Navy suddenly shivered. A voice came to her head. "Navy...." as if somepony was whispering into her hear. Perhaps her partner in crime?
(( Having no idea what this is, I can't really reply to it... Sorry... ))
(( I'll start the Haunt as soon as everyone's back on the same page by the way. Sorry for accidentally breaking that up... ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[Obviously, you could have responded to it by turning to ask Locke if he had whispered in your ear, duh. Kinda obvious.]

[Also, I seriously doubt anyone's gonna be on the same page for this rp again.]