MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Navy's list of books was as follows
Navy wrote:x- Equestria: The Darker Years
x- Equestrian Warfare through the Ages
- A History of the Griffon Empire
- Poets of the North
x- The Chronicle of the Griffon War (old tomes section)

======== Not far off... ========
Penwrite wrote:Penwrite hurriedly slung the leg over his shoulders, supporting most of Navy's weight as they stepped farther into the library. "He doesn't know Galaxy, so she'll be safe out there, right?"

~~~~~~

She ran toward the library, yelling Penwrite's name over and over again. "Help!"
It was no use: Navy and Penwrite had already gotten into the stairwell that led up to Navy's room, and she happened to grunt and stagger at the time, so Penwrite probably didn't even notice that Galaxy wanted his attention.

Outside, the cloud of ash condensed into a singe cloud, which began to stalk about the outside of the building...

Navy huffed as her and Penwrite started up the stairs, getting weaker by the second, "You... Might have to... Carry me..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Don't mind if I do." Locke flipped onto the couch, taking up the whole space as he layed on his back. "Pretty sweet place you got here." Must... resist... urge... to ... pilfer. The strain to resist his instincts showed on his irritated face, sweat almost dripping from his forhead. "So, how long did you say it would take to get these done again?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"They'll be about an hour, Star replied. "give or take a few minutes. I'll get started right away, feel free to talk to me while I work." and so he started making the requested items out of the requested materials.

(OOC: don't know how we'll handle this. wait a while in silence while the others post to pad out an hour in game? just hold a conversation about things?)

obsolete :3
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite groaned. "Not like... I'm in... the best of shape here myself...." Grunting, he bent down and worked his way under Navy, standing up so that she rested on his back. "Nngh... grrr... isn't there anypony else in this darn library," he shouted, loud as he could.

~~~~~~

Galaxy decided to take her chances and made a dash for the front door. "Banzai!!!"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, just interested in... learning the history of a new land? Yeah, that's a reason," she answered. "Do you know if any of these books mention any kind of magical artifact that could steal the magic from an extremely powerful, evil unicorn? hypothetically?"
"I'm not that good with, ah, 'artifacts.' You'd ha-" Autumn started, only to quiet and turn when he heard a yell.
Penwrite wrote:Penwrite groaned. "Not like... I'm in... the best of shape here myself...." Grunting, he bent down and worked his way under Navy, standing up so that she rested on his back. "Nngh... grrr... isn't there anypony else in this darn library?!" he shouted, loud as he could.
"Uh, that... That sounds rather urgent..." The pegasus said as he finally produced the keys from his vest. "Be sure to return these to me before you leave the library, Okay?" He said as he set the keys on a nearby table and flies off in a hurry, giving the mare no time to respond without chasing him.

((O.O.C: I messed with the quote containing Pen's post a little.))
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moon caught the keys. She stood there for a second, first looking at the keys, then in the direction Autumn just flew. "Like hay I'm going to miss out on whatever's going on." She left the keys on a nearby table before flying off after Autumn.
------
Shin was lost in reading all the manga available, but the sound of Pen yelling caught his attention.
"I better go see what that's about " He said as flew towards the sound.
but he just fell flat on his face. "Oh, yeah," he mumbled as he stood up and ran towards the sound instead.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite groaned. "Not like... I'm in... the best of shape here myself...." Grunting, he bent down and worked his way under Navy, standing up so that she rested on his back. "Nngh... grrr... isn't there anypony else in this darn library," he shouted, loud as he could.
From Penwrite's back, Navy shoved a hoof out in front of his face, dangling a pair of keys in front of him. "There's a green potion... beneath my sink... It's in a corked glass bottle... Just bring that down..." She started to slide from his back as her eyes lost focus, "Hurry... I think I'm gonna pass out soon..."

==== Right outside ====
Galaxy decided to take her chances and made a dash for the front door. "Banzai!!!"
Hate ignored Galaxy as she ran past his smoke cloud, leaving her to enter the library unimpeded, and instead run straight into Shin as he ran towards the same place.

They both went flying.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Hate ignored Galaxy as she ran past his smoke cloud, leaving her to enter the library unimpeded, and instead run straight into Shin as he ran towards the same place.

They both went flying.
Shin was surprised as he ran into the gem-eyed mare. after he was sent flying, he sat on the ground a moment as his eyes spun around. He shook his head to get them aligned again before saying, "Oh, Hi Galaxy. I was just on my way to see why I heard Pen yelling."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy helped Shin back to his hooves and sighed. "Yelling. Yeah, he does that a lot." She eyed the doorway she had come through, and then looked back at the other pony. "Well? I didn't hear Penwrite yelling, lead the way!"

~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Penwrite grabbed the key from Navy and ran for her sink, hoping against hope that he would make it in time. "Green bottle green bottle green bottle!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Meanwhile, Penwrite grabbed the key from Navy and ran for her sink, hoping against hope that he would make it in time. "Green bottle green bottle green bottle!"
The keyhole of the door sparked a little as Penwrite opened it, but didn't seem to fuss. Sure enough, under the kitchen sink, were a few unlabeled glass bottles with various potions in them of various colors. Two of them were identical and green, lined up next to three red ones. It was pretty obvious that Navy had meant for him to get her one of the green ones...

Back on the stairs, Navy was slowly crawling upwards, eyes closed as she moved herself closer to the landing between the second and third floor. Behind her, a few stray drops of something green and sticky were coagulating in a trail from where she had come in...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy helped Shin back to his hooves and sighed. "Yelling. Yeah, he does that a lot." She eyed the doorway she had come through, and then looked back at the other pony. "Well? I didn't hear Penwrite yelling, lead the way!"
"Well, I'm not exactly sure where it came from. It was a bit muffled," Shin said as he looked around.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite looked back and forth between the two identical bottles, before taking the mathematician's answer and grabbing both.

"I'm coming, Navy!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

By the time Penwrite saw her again, Navy had dragged herself to the third-floor landing, where she'd propped herself up against the wall. She was looking worse than ever, with her eyelids loose and her coat color darkening, especially around her mouth where she'd been drooling that green stuff. It was like some black ooze was trying to come up through her skin. Her mane and tail had, conversely, lightened a bit, having been drained of color and form, now hanging loose and limp as if doused with water, and seemed to be deteriorating in general, where pieces looked like they were falling apart...

She looked wearily up at Penwrite, "I... I had two... Uh.. ok... gimme one... And... I'll just..." she woozily held out a forehoof for him to put a bottle in...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite paused the smallest moment to look her over, his gaze hardening. Then he uncorked one of the bottles and put it in her hoof. "I'm going to be so, so mad if you die, so... so don't die!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy took the bottle from Penwrite, hooking it by the beck in her fetlock. She gave him a sideways glance, half smirking, accidentally letting a little more green fluid dribble down her face, "Me? Die? Not when I've got a handsome stallion like you to live for." without even giving him a chance to respond, she leaned her head back and hastily downed the entire bottle, letting a little bit of it splatter out of her mouth and onto the landing and her fur, where it steamed a little.

Next to the green stuff she'd been coughing up, it was a bit lighter and healthier looking...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stood by, anxiously awaiting a change for the better. "That's right, come on, live for me. I need a happy ending for the book I'm gonna write once this is all over. Eh? Imagine it. The maimed unicorn and the... earth pony, defeat the ancient evil and live happily ever after together. So come on, live. Live!"

~~~~~~

"Penwrite! Penwrite, where are you?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy slumped back against the wall, taking a deep breath as she let the empty glass bottle roll out of her fetlock, "Mmmm... Make 'em have a bunch of foals too... Like... Ten of 'em... 'cause they can't keep their hooves off each other..." she nodded her head up and down slowly, eyes closed, "Also... Books... Lots and lots of books... Yeah..." she opened her eyes again, looking a bit healthier now, "Yeah... Uh... We both need a shower...." she held up a hoof which had been caked in mud and that green stuff, just like Penwrite's back...
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star thinks for a minute "It should take about half an hour, maybe forty-five minutes tops, unless you have any specific design in mind, that will take just a tad longer otherwise I plan on making them a simple pince-nez design: simple, managable, fashionable, and quite functional" he gives a slight grin "That sound good?"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite blushed a little as Navy kept talking. "Kids. Yeah uh, I think I'll save that for the sequel book. I'll make it into a whole series. Just stay alive so we can have more adventures, okay? You, me, and that lovable rogue Locke. He'll be our patsy, eh? Come on, you've always wanted a patsy!"

~~~~~~

Galaxy groaned and sat down where she stood, shoulders slumped in defeat. She looked over at Shin. "What have you been up to?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy rolled herself into a sitting position, putting a hoof on Penwrite's chest, "You're rambling, dear. And we're both covered in mud." She stood, shakilly, and held out a foreleg for him to help her up the stairs. "Let's go get cleaned up..." she had a mischievous glint in her eye, "...Then we can take a nap."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy groaned and sat down where she stood, shoulders slumped in defeat. She looked over at Shin. "What have you been up to?"
"Oh, umm..." Shin didn't want to say he had lost track of time reading manga. "Research."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite took the offered fore leg and began to help Navy up the stairs. "We've nearly died three times in as many days. I think I can ramble as much as I want." His face lit up in a blush. "Uh, sure... I don't know where your shower is."

~~~~~~

Galaxy raised an eyebrow. "Research. Right. What sort of research?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked, "Um... in my quarters?" She started climbing the stairs, towards the fourth floor, "C'mon, it's pretty much where you'd expect it to be..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy raised an eyebrow. "Research. Right. What sort of research?"
"Uhh, I'm new to Equestria so I was reading some history, specifically some history behind Grand Castilia and," He said nervously before hanging his head. "I was reading manga. Which is technically research for my job," he added, perking up t the last part.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite nodded and started for the bedroom, being sure to go easy for Navy. Inside the bathroom he turned the water on, opening a cabinet and grabbing every soap and shampoo he saw. His coat felt stiff and itchy from the mud and robot oil in it. "So... you come here often? Heh."

~~~~~~

Galaxy perked up at this, turning from worried to thoughtful. "Manga, you say? So you must be a manga writer or artist then. That's pretty cool... but you should really be doing that research." She grinned as a plan hatched in her mind. If they had made it into the library then Penwrite was safe, so she could focus more on her mission.

"Here, how about I help you with that research. Then maybe later we could talk manga, if you like." She made sure to bat her eyelashes at Shin and smile extra-nice.

[Sorry for the absence. Grad school delivered a wild haymaker of an essay to write.]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( It happens ))
Penwrite wrote:"So... you come here often? Heh."
Navy rolled her eyes, "Well it IS my bathroom. Just grab the brush and get in, we'll see if we need alot of shampoo later..." she stuck a hoof under the water to check the temperature, then stepped in and stood under the water, giving a sigh and closing her eyes as the mud and green stuff was rinsed from where it hadn't had a chance to dry. She didn't have much oil on her though, as she hadn't done alot of close combat.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy perked up at this, turning from worried to thoughtful. "Manga, you say? So you must be a manga writer or artist then. That's pretty cool... but you should really be doing that research." She grinned as a plan hatched in her mind. If they had made it into the library then Penwrite was safe, so she could focus more on her mission.

"Here, how about I help you with that research. Then maybe later we could talk manga, if you like." She made sure to bat her eyelashes at Shin and smile extra-nice.
"I'm actually a writer and artist. And yeah, a little help with research would be great. You've gotta be careful researching this kind of thing or you'll get some misleading 'facts'," he said. don't ask be how a pony can do air quotes, just go with it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite joined Navy in the shower, scooting as far away from her as he could and still remain under the water. "Oookay... this is nice... I can't recall the last time I got to shower. It's been so hectic...."

~~~~~~

Galaxy perked her ears as she caught the faint sound of a shower turning on somewhere. That must be Penwrite or Navy, she decided. "Well then, let's get started. Lead the way to whatever it is you're supposed to be researching!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy slipped a brush she'd hung on the wall onto her hoof and put her fetlock around Penwrite's neck to lead him under the water more. She leaned in to start brushing the muck out of his back fur. The smirk on her face said she enjoyed it...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite ignored that smirk as best as he could, as well as the feel of her so close to him and the brush on his body-

"Navy, what are you?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy kept brushing, not really getting it, "The sexy librarian. Every story needs one. Remember?" She rested her head against his neck, giving a weak nuzzle...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stepped away, even though every muscle in his body screamed not to leave Navy. He narrowed his eyes as he stared at her. "Those same librarians always have secrets to give up. I'll ask again. What are you?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy stopped, a little surprised as she stared back at him, the water awkwardly running down her sides, "What.... What are you talking about? Pen, we lived in Canterlot together, you know me by now..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"You're right, we have lived together since forever. Grew up together, went to university together, survived the changeling invasion of Canterlot together. I came to Castilia after my world travels because I knew you'd moved here. I do know you, which is why I'm asking instead of running for the nearest police station. But questions have been digging at the back of my mind since this whole mess started. I've never known you to team up with thieves and criminals before Locke came along. You were good at that origami in college, but you were never as amazing as you were today at my house."

[lol lots of talking]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy was good enough at avoiding this stuff, but she was starting to sweat now, "Well, adrenaline can do alot to you, and it's not like I didn't faint and start coughing up spent-mana everywhere after it was done. And... Uh... Locke isn't that bad of a pony... Just because he's good at stealing things doesn't mean he wants to hurt anypony... And... Like I said, I like books, and I really wanted one from Anguish Shade's library... because they're old and unique..." she blinked, unable to really say much more about it, but tried to change the subject all together, "Come on Pen, it's been a long day... Aren't you tired of all this stuff for now?" She put her hoof back around his neck, nuzzling at it as she tried to gently pull him back into the water...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Alarm bells rang in Penwrite's head. "Who ever said anything about Anguish Shade!?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked: she'd let that one slip. Why did she have to like the smart ones?
She sighed, "Alright, so I was looking for something specific in that library. Anguish Shade was a descendant of the Shade house, a few hundred years ago. One of the last, actually... He did alot of experiments with transformations and alchemy, and some of the things he was working on aren't even possible with what we know today... So..." she glanced off, "I figured, if I could find any of his journals in that library, it would be a huge discovery, and as the librarian of his old town, it wouldn't be hard to say it was hidden around here..." She sighed and looked back to Penwrite, "Look, I really didn't want anypony else getting involved in this... I figured the house would be abandoned, and I had no idea anypony as dangerous as Hateful Shade could still be around..." she shrugged it off, "Penwrite, none of this is important right now. We need to take care of ourselves if we're gonna fight someone like Hate. Now c'mon, let's get washed up and rested, alright? You're still covered in oil..." she glanced down at the brush in her hoof and held it up for him, giving him a smile, "Besides, this could be enjoyable..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite sighed. Much as he hated to admit it, everything Navy had just said made sense. Enough sense, at least, for him to drop the subject. For the moment anyway. "Fine... just keep it PG."

[Next post will be longer, promise.]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy smiled, gently pulling him back under the water, where she began to gently brush the oil and grime out of his coat... Obviously, being brushed felt good, especially with Navy's impressive level of skill with it. Penwrite probably also noticed that being brushed by the mare's hoof was much more "personal" than if the brush had been controlled by telekinesis...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moon somehow managed to lose track of Autumn. She never was the best at the whole "tracking" aspect of being part of a ninja family.

eventually, she landed when she saw Shin and that weird gem-eyed pony.

"Hey, where the hay have you been? I've been researching this monster by myself all day," She yelled as she smacked Shin in the back of the head.

"Heh, sorry. I got caught up reading manga. I'm ready to help now."

"I'm already convinced this guy is pure evil. We need to find some way to incapacitate his magic," she explained.

"Well, I'd like to see for myself. Maybe I'll see something you didn't. and Glalaxy wants to help, too."

"Well first thing's first... did Autumn come by here? I was following him but he got away from me."
(OOC: now Galaxy can cut in is she wants.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets