MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"I'm not actually looking to read, I just want to see what type of manga is popular in Equestria, maybe see if any of my own works have made it here." Shin replied as he looked around at the titles of a few of the medical books around him. a few looked promising for what he needed.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

"Hmm..." Navy spoke up from between the two ponies, "Looking for something by yourself?" She sighed, holding up her medical tome and stroking it, "The manga is this way..." she started off in that direction.

======== Meanwhile ========
Navy's list looked something like this: (( Will probably toss in more later. Feel free to look for things not on the list. ))
x- Equestria: The Darker Years
x- Equestrian Warfare through the Ages
- A History of the Griffon Empire
- Poets of the North
x- The Chronicle of the Griffon War (old tomes section)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Hmm..." Navy spoke up from between the two ponies, "Looking for something by yourself?" She sighed, holding up her medical tome and stroking it, "The manga is this way..." she started off in that direction.
Shin jumped a bit when Navy spoke. "Oh, uhh... thanks." he said as he followed after Navy.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy's list looked something like this: (( Will probably toss in more later. Feel free to look for things not on the list. ))
x- Equestria: The Darker Years
x- Equestrian Warfare through the Ages
- A History of the Griffon Empire
- Poets of the North
x- The Chronicle of the Griffon War (old tomes section)
"neither of these seem all that useful... but I don't even know what they need, So I'll try this poets thing. Maybe find something that explains what he meant when he said the north comes from him.". She went to get her chosen book.

once she found it, she flew over to a nearby table and opened up the table of contents.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

"Eh, you know what, you just... follow her and I'll just uh... go and... see if I can't find any books that are out of place..." Autumn said, progressively heading the opposite direction of where Navy was heading and taking off before she could say anything. She'd always seemed creepy to him with how she stroked the books the way she did.

Autumn soon found himself hiding in the poetry section, as he wasn't much for that form of work.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Hmm..." Navy spoke up from between the two ponies, "Looking for something by yourself?" She sighed, holding up her medical tome and stroking it, "The manga is this way..." she started off in that direction.
Shin jumped a bit when Navy spoke. "Oh, uhh... thanks." he said as he followed after Navy.
Navy led Shin through the shelves to one leaned up against the wall near the entrance in the "Adolescent Fiction" section. She turned to sniff at Shin briefly, thoughtfully considering his scent before turning to a shelf filled with various mangas, which she proceeded to sniff herself... "I learned this trick with Penwrite: books smell like their author, if you know how to sniff them..." She reared up, placing a hoof on the shelf for support, and began pulling down ones which were written by Shin, setting them gently on the floor. After pulling down 4 books from one section of the shelf, she turned and stood to face him again, "These are the ones we have which you've contributed to, as far as I can tell. Your sister is in the historical fiction section, but I believe she'll be in the classical-era history section by the time you're done here." She turned and started walking away, stopping to glance over her shoulder, "Bug Autumn if you need anything else. He could use alot more diligence when it comes to actually knowing what's in here, but he's not entirely incompetent if you just ask for things by subject. I'm going to go find Penwrite and Locke. Meet up with me in a few hours: I'll have something to talk with you about then..." She glanced down at the medical tome, and gave it a little nuzzle of affection before stowing it in her saddle bag and starting to walk off...

======== Historical Fiction Section ========
"neither of these seem all that useful... but I don't even know what they need, So I'll try this poets thing. Maybe find something that explains what he meant when he said the north comes from him.". She went to get her chosen book.

once she found it, she flew over to a nearby table and opened up the table of contents.
The book seemed to be a long compendium of snippets from selected authors who had come from the Northern mountains of Equestria since its colonization. There was a brief bit about something called the "Crystal Empire", which was believed to be an overdramatization of a city which had fallen to the harsh climate, and a few writings from there. After this though, there weren't many entries in the first section of the book. It then moved on to the second section of the book: the post-Lunar Rebellion era, which apparently had seen a dramatic enough change for the writers to separate it from the other eras. Early on in it, there was a journal entry from a soldier in the Shade Regiment: one of the soldiers under Hateful Shade's command during the Pony-Griffon war who had become a writer later in life.
Lilac Breeze wrote:Dearest Celestia, I pray for solace.

I know now that I will probably never see the faces of my beloved wife and foals again, it is far more likely that I am doomed to die in these accursed mountains. I don't know which is worse, the cold, the hunger, or the griffons... They come at random, swooping down upon us like mad dragonflies devouring the smaller insects, gutting one of ours, tearing them away to an unspeakable feast.

In this heart of darkness, I have one point of light to look to: the Lord Hateful Shade. Our commander is neither pony nor beast: he is a force of justice which terrifies the griffons above all else. If there is a single pony who can save our land from their evil, it is the champion of our goddess Luna. In battle, we flee scared, huddling together in pitiful phalanxes, while he dances about covered in flames, warding them away: our great protector. For all the comrades I've lost, we've taken only a hoof-full of griffons with them, and all but a few have been His doing.

I no longer pray for myself, I know that I am a lost cause, I only pray that Hateful Shade will reach the griffon lands and stop them before it is too late for my loved ones at home...
Apparantly the soldier had survived the war, as after this there was a warm little children's story he'd written involving a mouse who's father had to go away for a long time, and how he was comforted by the fact that, no matter where his father was, he would always love the little mouse...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy smacked her lips and used her tongue to make sure the teeth were in place, before grinning at Hate. "I don't, though it's best to be subtle about this sort of thing. I have this friend in Ponyville who makes the most delicious cupcakes... oh, and tofu."

Penwrite followed Star into the building and listened as he and Locke talked. They seemed better for this sort of thing.

[Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I haven't posted! I got use to everyone else posting really slowly! D: ]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Penwrite wrote:Galaxy grit her teeth as the limb was pulled off. No blood spilled, only a very faint trace of powder, almost like dust. "No, no pain. Only the strange sensation that there should be pain, and that can be worse." Her horn sparked, and suddenly the limb flew out of Hate's grip and reattached to the rest of her. "I really don't like doing that when I can avoid it."
"Fine then," Hate said, climbing back into his chair as his tentacles dissipated, "We shall avoid such situations. You should also feel free to stay in whichever form you feel more comfortable with in my presence." He picked up the wine glass again and drank more of the sticky red liquid, "So, tell me Miss Galaxy, you have the teeth of a predator. How have you hidden this trait for so long? Have other ponies not discovered your cravings for flesh? Or have you found a way to suppress them? Perhaps you are not purely of the carnivore blood?" He kept the air of a quiet and noble scholar as he interviewed the mare, absently profiling her for her abilities and background...
Penwrite wrote:Galaxy smacked her lips and used her tongue to make sure the teeth were in place, before grinning at Hate. "I don't, though it's best to be subtle about this sort of thing. I have this friend in Ponyville who makes the most delicious cupcakes... oh, and tofu."
Hate nodded slowly, though he made a note to find out what "tofu" was later. "I have not heard of 'Ponyville', nor do I partake heavily in pastries, but I will take your word for it." He leaned back, taking another sip, "So tell me, how did you become aware of my presence in Grand Castilia? I've avoided announcing my presence to the population so far, and I assume that the princesses, though they know of my return, have stayed silent about the matter..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy led Shin through the shelves to one leaned up against the wall near the entrance in the "Adolescent Fiction" section. She turned to sniff at Shin briefly, thoughtfully considering his scent before turning to a shelf filled with various mangas, which she proceeded to sniff herself... "I learned this trick with Penwrite: books smell like their author, if you know how to sniff them..." She reared up, placing a hoof on the shelf for support, and began pulling down ones which were written by Shin, setting them gently on the floor. After pulling down 4 books from one section of the shelf, she turned and stood to face him again, "These are the ones we have which you've contributed to, as far as I can tell. Your sister is in the historical fiction section, but I believe she'll be in the classical-era history section by the time you're done here." She turned and started walking away, stopping to glance over her shoulder, "Bug Autumn if you need anything else. He could use alot more diligence when it comes to actually knowing what's in here, but he's not entirely incompetent if you just ask for things by subject. I'm going to go find Penwrite and Locke. Meet up with me in a few hours: I'll have something to talk with you about then..." She glanced down at the medical tome, and gave it a little nuzzle of affection before stowing it in her saddle bag and starting to walk off...
"alright. thanks for the help." he said as he began to look at the manga. Sure enough there were a few bigger name ones on which he served as an assistant. But also, almost all of the ones he had created himself. Wow, I didn't know so many of these were distributed outside of neighppon... I'm glad those two aren't here. I was really desperate for money when I made them. I'll have to ask navy which of these get checked out the most.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== Historical Fiction Section ========
The book seemed to be a long compendium of snippets from selected authors who had come from the Northern mountains of Equestria since its colonization. There was a brief bit about something called the "Crystal Empire", which was believed to be an overdramatization of a city which had fallen to the harsh climate, and a few writings from there. After this though, there weren't many entries in the first section of the book. It then moved on to the second section of the book: the post-Lunar Rebellion era, which apparently had seen a dramatic enough change for the writers to separate it from the other eras. Early on in it, there was a journal entry from a soldier in the Shade Regiment: one of the soldiers under Hateful Shade's command during the Pony-Griffon war who had become a writer later in life.
Lilac Breeze wrote:Dearest Celestia, I pray for solace.

I know now that I will probably never see the faces of my beloved wife and foals again, it is far more likely that I am doomed to die in these accursed mountains. I don't know which is worse, the cold, the hunger, or the griffons... They come at random, swooping down upon us like mad dragonflies devouring the smaller insects, gutting one of ours, tearing them away to an unspeakable feast.

In this heart of darkness, I have one point of light to look to: the Lord Hateful Shade. Our commander is neither pony nor beast: he is a force of justice which terrifies the griffons above all else. If there is a single pony who can save our land from their evil, it is the champion of our goddess Luna. In battle, we flee scared, huddling together in pitiful phalanxes, while he dances about covered in flames, warding them away: our great protector. For all the comrades I've lost, we've taken only a hoof-full of griffons with them, and all but a few have been His doing.

I no longer pray for myself, I know that I am a lost cause, I only pray that Hateful Shade will reach the griffon lands and stop them before it is too late for my loved ones at home...
Apparantly the soldier had survived the war, as after this there was a warm little children's story he'd written involving a mouse who's father had to go away for a long time, and how he was comforted by the fact that, no matter where his father was, he would always love the little mouse...
"So this guy's powerful. Would have to be to still be alive. Really not much to go on here, guess I'll try the next one on the list. Seems the Griffons probably had a few things to say about him." she said to herself as she flew to find "A History of the Griffon Empire"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"A History of the Griffon Empire" was a large tome in the history section of the library, nestled somewhere in the "classical era" books. Like the previous one, it was broken up into a few eras, the second-to-last being about its rapid expansion, and the last being about the Griffon kingdoms after its downfall. The end of the expansionist period lied in the Pony-Griffon war. (which Moondancer now knew Hate had fought in)

The chapter droned on about the war, how the griffon empire had attempted to subjugate Equestria, and how they had come very close to forcing the Monarchs into a surrender. Then the entry shifted tone, marking the point where several military leaders drove back the invasion and took the war back to Griffon soil. Around this point, however, the entry took on a darker note, describing Hateful Shade's entry into the foray from the mountains, his ruthless drive across the kingdom, and his battle with the griffon king. None of it was pretty, and then, on one page, a somewhat abstract, chaotic piece of artwork had been printed.

It was a gruesome image of a massive black unicorn with flaming red eyes, grabbing screaming griffon children with tentacles which shot from his horn and shoveled them into his gaping mouth. The caption to the sickening artwork read "A griffon artist who survived the sacking of his village drew many paintings of Hateful Shade afterwards, unable to come to terms with the horrors committed in front of him."

The griffon war had ended when Hateful Shade had somehow destroyed the god-king of the griffons, causing centuries of darkness and chaos to descend upon the empire...

======== Near the Library Entrance ========
Navy walked past the front desk, noting the absence of her "assistant". She sighed as she glanced over at the doors that had been knocked off of their hinged the previous day, and pulled on her raincoat before trudging back out into the dreary outdoors...

She sniffed the air... Penwrite and Locke had run off a while before, and she could track them down if she worked at it... She closed her eyes and focussed on the feelings of the world around her. She felt the rain fall on the dirt, hitting the ground and seeping into it where the plants happily took it up. She also found where the two stallions had run off to fairly quickly, and began following her senses towards the lens shop...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

A very, very fain blush colored Galaxy's cheeks after this question. She sat there a moment debating on the best way to explain this, weighing all her options. "Well, basically... blind coincidence. I had a tracking spell cast on my ex-boyfriend when he left me. When I felt him getting seriously injured through it I rushed straight here and, lo and behold, here you are. Does the name 'Penwrite' ring any bells?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate's eyes narrowed in mild annoyance, "Yes, I do believe that that was the unicorn who cut his horn off last night to protect the librarian. She has him thoroughly under her control, but perhaps I may be able to loosen her grip..." he glanced at her, "You say you had a tracking spell on him... I take it you care for this stallion then?"

In the back of his head, a familiar voice was now whispering things to him, very insightful things about Galaxy... He hid his smirk like a good chess-player...
Yes, I do believe it is time for me to hand her over to you, she will do just fine...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"A History of the Griffon Empire" was a large tome in the history section of the library, nestled somewhere in the "classical era" books. Like the previous one, it was broken up into a few eras, the second-to-last being about its rapid expansion, and the last being about the Griffon kingdoms after its downfall. The end of the expansionist period lied in the Pony-Griffon war. (which Moondancer now knew Hate had fought in)

The chapter droned on about the war, how the griffon empire had attempted to subjugate Equestria, and how they had come very close to forcing the Monarchs into a surrender. Then the entry shifted tone, marking the point where several military leaders drove back the invasion and took the war back to Griffon soil. Around this point, however, the entry took on a darker note, describing Hateful Shade's entry into the foray from the mountains, his ruthless drive across the kingdom, and his battle with the griffon king. None of it was pretty, and then, on one page, a somewhat abstract, chaotic piece of artwork had been printed.

It was a gruesome image of a massive black unicorn with flaming red eyes, grabbing screaming griffon children with tentacles which shot from his horn and shoveled them into his gaping mouth. The caption to the sickening artwork read "A griffon artist who survived the sacking of his village drew many paintings of Hateful Shade afterwards, unable to come to terms with the horrors committed in front of him."

The griffon war had ended when Hateful Shade had somehow destroyed the god-king of the griffons, causing centuries of darkness and chaos to descend upon the empire...
Moon stared wide-eyed at the horrible image in front of her. "Holy crap, he's a monster..." she whispered to herself as she looked at the image. "I... I need to find more about his tactics. If Shin's going to have a chance at taking him down, He'll need to know how he fights."
She referred back to Navy's list, and chose to move on to "Equestrian Warfare Through the Ages" to see what tactics were in use during this time.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I love that you're actively going for the most negative stuff here, it makes it so much more fun... ))
"Equestrian Warfare Through the Ages" actually had an entire chapter analyzing Hateful Shade's war tactics, which were apparently quite aggressive...
Hateful Shade is known as the commander who brought modern warfare to Equestria, instituting a brutality which shocked the nation into the pacifism it now holds dear. He pioneered new methods of warfare, quickly out-maneuvering the phalanx with his extensive knowlege of tactics, mechanics, and magic, all developed during the war with the griffons. His tactics were fast and aggressive, rushing through weaknesses in front-lines, sacking villages for resources, and cutting off supply lines to cripple the much larger forces. The casualties he inflicted were some of the most extreme in those wars, frequently leading battles which were better described as massacres in his crusade against Celestia. Several times, he outright assassinated enemy commanders, causing massive disruptions within the ruling nobility of the time period.
The chapter went on to detail his general tactics, which were based on calculated aggression and extremely risky actions which, if executed quickly enough, would take out entire provinces by hitting the right pressure points. Hate could also rely on the fact that he was an extremely powerful unicorn, and would have to be outsmarted in that regard before any force could deal with him...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate's eyes narrowed in mild annoyance, "Yes, I do believe that that was the unicorn who cut his horn off last night to protect the librarian. She has him thoroughly under her control, but perhaps I may be able to loosen her grip..." he glanced at her, "You say you had a tracking spell on him... I take it you care for this stallion then?"

In the back of his head, a familiar voice was now whispering things to him, very insightful things about Galaxy... He hid his smirk like a good chess-player...
Yes, I do believe it is time for me to hand her over to you, she will do just fine...
Without warning Galaxy's eyes lit up, a dazzling smile gracing her face as she stood on her hind legs and clutched her fore hooves together. All thought of where she actually was and what she was doing flew right out the window. "Oh, I love him more than anything else in the world! Penny is absolutely perfect for me, even if he doesn't realize it yet! He was simply playing hard to get with me by moving here those years ago, I'm sure of it!"

If these ramblings weren't enough to show her family's preparations had knocked Galaxy a little off her rocker, the magic illusion of a beach at sunset behind her sealed the deal.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate smiled and nodded, waving her down with a hoof, "Yes, yes, I understand. I've felt that way more than once before. Now..." he rose to his hooves, "If you'll excuse me, I have matters to attend to. I have someone else who I'd like you to meet though, I'll send him in in a moment... Is there anything you need before I go?" He took a step towards the door, turning to glance back at her...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy shook her head, still smiling. "Nothing, thanks."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate nodded, turning to walk out the room, closing the door behind him with a quiet click. Galaxy was left in the room alone now.

The fire seemed to flicker a little louder, and the shadows became a bit more defined, and if she looked closely, she might realize that not all of them were from things that were actually in the room...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( I love that you're actively going for the most negative stuff here, it makes it so much more fun... ))
"Equestrian Warfare Through the Ages" actually had an entire chapter analyzing Hateful Shade's war tactics, which were apparently quite aggressive...
Hateful Shade is known as the commander who brought modern warfare to Equestria, instituting a brutality which shocked the nation into the pacifism it now holds dear. He pioneered new methods of warfare, quickly out-maneuvering the phalanx with his extensive knowlege of tactics, mechanics, and magic, all developed during the war with the griffons. His tactics were fast and aggressive, rushing through weaknesses in front-lines, sacking villages for resources, and cutting off supply lines to cripple the much larger forces. The casualties he inflicted were some of the most extreme in those wars, frequently leading battles which were better described as massacres in his crusade against Celestia. Several times, he outright assassinated enemy commanders, causing massive disruptions within the ruling nobility of the time period.
The chapter went on to detail his general tactics, which were based on calculated aggression and extremely risky actions which, if executed quickly enough, would take out entire provinces by hitting the right pressure points. Hate could also rely on the fact that he was an extremely powerful unicorn, and would have to be outsmarted in that regard before any force could deal with him...
"So most of his tactics relied heavily on taking the enemy by surprise. If we take the fight to him, maybe he won't be prepared... but we need to handle his magic somehow. I'm sure he's taken precaution against any magic from Equestria that could cancel out his magic. Maybe something neighponnese, or from some other area. We can look into that later."
She referred back to the list that only had two more books listed. "The Chronicle of the Griffon War" seemed like the next logical step.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Hmm" Locke glanced at the unfamiliar pony from the corner of his eye. "Oh really?" He defencively put his hoof over the collection of gems "How do I know I can trust you, or even if you can to it faster." he took one gem to his eye now looking at the pony. "These are like, ultra super important."
I hope this works. Thought reading test go!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star gave a smile "I used to study in the observatory in Canterlot, I would use the telescopes and due to wear and tear, and "multitasking accidents" they were constantly in need of repairs, so I learned to fix 'em up quick, and I would drop my glasses all the time, so I did the same" he chuckled a bit "The names Star Shower and if its fixing or using telescopes, I'm your unicom" he bowed in respect "And now here I am, not even a day later in Grand Castilia, on Princess Celestia's "recomendation" but she is right, I want to help this guy out, and I really wouldn't mind being able to talk to somepony, about all the things I see in the stars..." he thought to himself
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RockstarRaccoon wrote:[Navy] found where the two stallions had run off to fairly quickly, and began following her senses towards the lens shop...
Navy Blues made her way down the wet cobblestones of Grand Castilia, her senses guiding her way. Unicorns had the power of spells, Pegasi had the power of anti-gravity, and Earth ponies had a connection with the natural world around them, which was dead to the other races. Navy, being well learned on such matters, was fully aware of how to tune in to what her senses were telling her, and right now they were telling her to head to Star's lens shop, where she'd bought some of her telescopes. Star had an appreciation for things which were in her books, and that was enough for her to appreciate him.

Navy made her way to the street with the shop, walking over and looking in through the window, seeing her two favorite stallions chattering inside. She slipped in through the doors, moving up beside Penwrite, giving him an affectionate little nuzzle on the neck, "Hey! What are you two up to?" She smiled and looked around at them....

======== The Old Tomes Section ========
The books in the old-tomes section of the library, as Moondancer found, were not organized in any traditional order. It seemed as if whoever had the job of arranging them had decided to just put them in whatever spot was easiest when replacing them, and that years of this had put them in very odd places. Each bookshelf was protected by glass doors, and a sign near the entrance read "cases locked to prevent wear, see librarian for assistance.", indicating that she wouldn't be able to tackle this bit alone. It also implied that whatever was in these books was important enough knowledge that it had been preserved through the ages with magically sealed cases. It was quite probable that some of the books here had been created in Hateful Shade's original time period, and possibly long before that...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

To Galaxy's credit, as proof that she was more than just a pretty face, she noticed the odd shadows the moment she came out of her Penwrite-induced dreams. "Hm, now that's odd..."

Meanwhile, at the the glasses shop, Penwrite had a hoof to his chin as he carefully considered this new pony. Star seemed like a nice-enough fellow... but then, he didn't want to take away a paying job from the business, right in front of the shop owner, right after getting a time table for the work... but then again, this place wasn't exactly renowned for masterful work...

"Gah! My head is going to explode!"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:To Galaxy's credit, as proof that she was more than just a pretty face, she noticed the odd shadows the moment she came out of her Penwrite-induced dreams. "Hm, now that's odd..."
Behind Galaxy, a form was rising out of the floor and taking solid shape. A large, four-legged body with two wings and the horned head of a unicorn stallion came into being, a long mane of tentacles forming around it. The head leaned forward, its tentacled mane wrapping around the back of the chair as it moved up to Galaxy's ear to communicate in it's dark, rhaspy voice, "Hello there, Galaxy..."

======== Grand Castilia ========
Meanwhile, at the the glasses shop, Penwrite had a hoof to his chin as he carefully considered this new pony. Star seemed like a nice-enough fellow... but then, he didn't want to take away a paying job from the business, right in front of the shop owner, right after getting a time table for the work... but then again, this place wasn't exactly renowned for masterful work...

"Gah! My head is going to explode!"
Navy blinked, taking a moment's step back, "Huh?" She held up a hoof, nudging Penwrite in the shoulder, "What's up now?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star came to a bit of a realisation "Oh I am so sorry, I didn't mean to steal and belittle your buisness, especially not in front of you, he just seemed in such a rush, and it looks and sounded like it is really important, I just wanted to help, but I ended up doing something stupid in the process" he nodded to the clerk apologeticly "I-I'll pay double for the parts I need today, and the lense for my telescope, if you are accepting my offer to fix them for you, um, what was your name?" he nodded, digging through a small bag full of bits "Smooth Star, smooth, these people are trying to make a living for themselves, and you try to take away their buisness? What kind of pony does that make you seem to be?"
Pet Friendly:
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== Near the Library Entrance ========
Navy walked past the front desk, noting the absence of her "assistant". She sighed as she glanced over at the doors that had been knocked off of their hinged the previous day, and pulled on her raincoat before trudging back out into the dreary outdoors...
After having given a few minutes, Autumn finally pulled himself out from hiding. His main reasoning being that no matter how creepy Navy could be with her books, she was still his employer, and insulting her could be bad for his career. The other reason was that he figured the floor by the doors would need mopped again, what with all the rain water pouring in.

It was a silent task, but that's bound to be what most tasks are when you work in a library.

((OOC: And back at the front desk.))
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Uuuh kay. No problem. I guess." The clerk said preparing his cahs register for either the sale of services or the sale of supplies.

"Name's Locke uhh, Lavender." He said as he lowered the gem from his eye and extended his hoof for a buisnesslike hoof shake. Theres no way this guy could pull a fast one on me, he has too much of a conscience. Still he came from the princess I heard of before. Probably should keep an eye on him "You sure you can make lenses out of these right?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star nods and shakes Locke's hoof "Shouldn't be too much of a problem at all" he looks the gems over once more "Heck I should have 'em done in no more than half an hour, an hour at most, you jest tell me what kind of glasses you want, and I will get them done" he gave another smile, before scribbling out a list of materials he would need using a bit of magic from his horn, handing it over to the clerk
Pet Friendly:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:======== The Old Tomes Section ========
The books in the old-tomes section of the library, as Moondancer found, were not organized in any traditional order. It seemed as if whoever had the job of arranging them had decided to just put them in whatever spot was easiest when replacing them, and that years of this had put them in very odd places. Each bookshelf was protected by glass doors, and a sign near the entrance read "cases locked to prevent wear, see librarian for assistance.", indicating that she wouldn't be able to tackle this bit alone. It also implied that whatever was in these books was important enough knowledge that it had been preserved through the ages with magically sealed cases. It was quite probable that some of the books here had been created in Hateful Shade's original time period, and possibly long before that...
"ah, crap." she said quietly when she saw that the book cases were locked. "Guess I'll need to ask for help."
She flew towards the front desk.
She was looking for Navy, but her assistant was there. "Hey. You wouldn't happen to have the keys to the Old Tomes section, would you?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Well of course he did! Those locks were just there to keep the books safely covered, after all...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy squeaked at the sudden voice in her ear, leaping from the chair she sat in and twirling around to face the new speaker. Her eyes widened and she gaped at the strange, shadowy stallion. "Wait, wh-who are you? I thought only, only Hateful Shade lived here...."

Penwrite squeaked at the sudden nudge to the shoulder, leaping forward and twirling around to face the sudden poker. "Navy! Uh, when did you get here? Everything okay back at the library?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked, "I've... been here for a few moments... I guess they're ok back at the library, I showed Shinobi to the comic books he was looking for, and I gave his sister a list of books I'd made before..." she glanced around, "So... What are you two doing in an eyeglass shop?"

======== Shade Manor ========
In front of Galaxy, the Nethraziem's body finished materializing, a swaying mass of long tentacles appearing where it's tail would have been.
Now fully reformed, it looked like this. (( in case anypony forgot ))

It held up a hoof to Galaxy, speaking in a deep rhasp, "Do not fear me, mortal being. I am a close friend and ally to Hateful Shade. You may call me... Kakοpîes." Lightning seemed to strike somewhere nearby when he spoke his name, the fire flaring up to illuminate him with a flash as his shadow writhed like a million souls in torment on the wall behind him...

He gave an annoyed glance at the fire, "Really? Must this happen every time my name is spoken? It's really not good for publicity..." he muttered. The fire died down...

(( His name is pronounced "Ka-Co-Peas", and spelled as "Kακοποίηση" ))
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Alright, then get whatever it is you need, and follow me back to the Library." Locke scooped the gems back up and put them wherever the heck it was that he kept that many gems. "I gotta check on Pen." Locke turned back around to the the front of the store "Yo Pen, change of plans th- oh hey Blue's here!" He flapped on over an excited smirk on his face "Hey Blue, what did you and that mare talk about? We ran into dark and scary again while you were gone."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy smiled at Locke with a little wave, "Oh, well, you know, Sunset's an old friend of mine, and we were just... Wait... 'Dark and Scary'?" she asked, a note of worry creeping into her voice...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy blinked, "I've... been here for a few moments... I guess they're ok back at the library, I showed Shinobi to the comic books he was looking for, and I gave his sister a list of books I'd made before..." she glanced around, "So... What are you two doing in an eyeglass shop?"

In front of Galaxy, the Nethraziem's body finished materializing, a swaying mass of long tentacles appearing where it's tail would have been.
Now fully reformed, it looked like this. (( in case anypony forgot ))

It held up a hoof to Galaxy, speaking in a deep rhasp, "Do not fear me, mortal being. I am a close friend and ally to Hateful Shade. You may call me... Kakοpîes." Lightning seemed to strike somewhere nearby when he spoke his name, the fire flaring up to illuminate him with a flash as his shadow writhed like a million souls in torment on the wall behind him...

He gave an annoyed glance at the fire, "Really? Must this happen every time my name is spoken? It's really not good for publicity..." he muttered. The fire died down...

(( His name is pronounced "Ka-Co-Peas", and spelled as "Kακοποίηση" ))
Penwrite grimaced as Locke intruded into the conversation, barely resisting the urge to punch the pegasus. "Yeah... he means Hateful Shade. We ran into him down at the smith's place. Was getting his old armor repaired, or something. As for why we're here, Locke and I are getting some mind-reading glasses made. And we made a new friend." He turned to motion Star over. "Navy, this is Star... I think. MaybeStar, this is Navy, the town librarian. Don't ever hurt or insult books around her."

Galaxy couldn't help but giggle at the unwanted reaction to Kakopies said his name. "Well, what are you, uh, doing here?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite grimaced as Locke intruded into the conversation, barely resisting the urge to punch the pegasus. "Yeah... he means Hateful Shade. We ran into him down at the smith's place. Was getting his old armor repaired, or something. As for why we're here, Locke and I are getting some mind-reading glasses made. And we made a new friend." He turned to motion Star over. "Navy, this is Star... I think. MaybeStar, this is Navy, the town librarian. Don't ever hurt or insult books around her."
Navy looked over at Star, her jaw dropping a little as her ears flattened, looking a bit hurt, "You... You don't like books?" She stared at him for a moment, as if her feelings had truly been wounded, but shook it off and tossed it aside, "Whatever, you said you saw Hateful getting his armor repaired? Why was-" she stopped, looking around, "Uh... 'mind reading' glasses?"

Galaxy couldn't help but giggle at the unwanted reaction to Kakopies said his name. "Well, what are you, uh, doing here?"
Kακοποίηση straightened, going back to a more regal pose, his eyes lighting with a bit of demonic power. "As stated, I am a close confidant of the Lord Hateful Shade. I am told that you are Galaxy of house Glory: I remember fighting along side the members of your house several centuries ago. Now tell me, why is it that you are here?"

(( I have been corrected: "Kακοποίηση" is pronounced "kah-koh-PEE-ee-see". I was wondering what happened to all those letters after the pi... ))
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy looked over at Star, her jaw dropping a little as her ears flattened, looking a bit hurt, "You... You don't like books?" She stared at him for a moment, as if her feelings had truly been wounded, but shook it off and tossed it aside, "Whatever, you said you saw Hateful getting his armor repaired? Why was-" she stopped, looking around, "Uh... 'mind reading' glasses?"
(and now I take control of a character I know very little about. whee ^_^)
Star was a bit distracted, looking at the selection around the shop. He snapped out of it a little when he heard his name. "Oh, hi. I don't dislike books. I..." then he noticed what was said right before he started talking, and he echoed the same question. "'mind reading' glasses?" he asked as he scratched his mane with his hoof.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy glanced over at Star, crossing out the mental note to write a fic about him a an evil villain who is shown how to love books through risque torture methods, and making a new one that he was proper shipping material... With astronomy books...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy gulped and nodded, growing serious once more. "I first came to this city because I thought the love of my life was in danger, but now that I know what's really going on... I want to help Lord Hateful Shade in any way that I can."

Elswhere, Penwrite didn't know if he was going to be able to answer with a straight face, but he was going to try. "We need the mind-reading glasses and telescope to help fight crime and the forces of evil. Super Pony Rangers, gooooooooo...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy gulped and nodded, growing serious once more. "I first came to this city because I thought the love of my life was in danger, but now that I know what's really going on... I want to help Lord Hateful Shade in any way that I can."
The demon smirked, "Oh, I think there's a bit more going on than you think you know..." He strode closer to the fire, grabbing the glass with one of his tentacles as he walked by, bringing it to his lips and drinking the red liquid himself with a sigh of contentment. "What do you know of the librarian?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke gave Penwrite a swift hoof to the head. "Nice work telling everyone idiot ranger." he said with deep grumble in his throat. "Why did you think I was whispering before?" He sighed, "But yeah, these are going to give us the upperhand against ..." He looked at star for a moment. He probably won't work for us anymore if I keep that a secret now. Darn it idiot! "Hate, y'know counter whatever he's thinking."