MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Penwrite

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy reached over and stroked his chest with a hoof, "Thanks for sleeping over... It makes me feel... safer... that you're here..." She smirked slightly, rolling over a little more to wrap her foreleg around him in a little hug, "Also, I hope you're comfortable in my bed: I know you've got a bit of a 'thing' for me, so I figured this would be..." she nuzzled his ear a bit, "pleasant... for you..." She pulled off, rolling back onto her back with a giggle, "I'll try not to snore or anything, you go ahead and have your dreams about the librarians in your last few books, who have mysteriously all been attractive mares with similar names to me..." she giggled again, "I won't tell..." she grinned and shut her eyes, containing her giggling...
Penwrite had fainted in happiness right about when Navy nuzzled his ear, so the best answer the unconscious stallion could give her was a giggling little mumble.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Sure thing. Now I'm actually pretty tired. wing loss and blood transfusion really took it out of me, I guess. You're welcome to stay here with me and Moon for the night if you want. I'm not sure if the nurses would be okay with it though."
Sunset laughed a little at that, a mix of nervousness and experience in her laughter, "Nah, they won't mind. I go to the hospital so often I'm pretty much part of the scenery." She joked, almost serious, "I'm just super happy you're not hurt any worse." She said, hugging Shin gently so as not to disturb his injured wing, "So if you don't mind me staying with you two, I'd love to take up that offer. I live all the way on the other side of town, and I'd prefer to avoid that walk."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Shin hugged her back. "The other bed is empty right now if you want to use it," Shin said. "I don't think Pen will be back tonight."
"Or you could share this bed," Moon said jokingly before the pencil Shin was writing with flew past her head, taking a couple blue hairs with it and then hitting the wall.
"I may be tired, sis, but my aim is still pretty good," he said with a smile.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin hugged her back. "The other bed is empty right now if you want to use it," Shin said. "I don't think Pen will be back tonight."
"Or you could share this bed," Moon said jokingly before the pencil Shin was writing with flew past her head, taking a couple blue hairs with it and then hitting the wall.
"I may be tired, sis, but my aim is still pretty good," he said with a smile.
Sunset giggled at the sibling's antics, "I've gotten used to these beds in the hospital." She said, trotting over to the empty bed, yawning, "Wow, I'm still tired from that mass teleportation spell. I need to remember to practice it."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Yeah, I guess we all had a pretty big day... except for Moon. It's as if she didn't even exist all day."
"shoosh. You left before we finished unpacking our stuff, so I had to do it all by myself." Moon said, sitting back in the empty chair.
"I'm just glad you're alive. anyway, goodnight, Shin. goodnight, Sunset."
"goodnight."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset yawned as she laid down on the bed, "G'night Shinny, Nighty Night Moon!" She said as she quickly fell asleep, mumbling recipes for potions.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin and Moon soon followed.
oh and the lights got turned off at some point.
(OOC: My characters are now done with the day.)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon slowly walked out of town. I shouldn't be doing this, maybe this the one gamble I mess up. Daemon thought, but he continued walking. He finally saw the manor in the distance. Daemon gulped and moved forward. I guess it's time to meet Hateful Shade. He thought.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite had fainted in happiness right about when Navy nuzzled his ear, so the best answer the unconscious stallion could give her was a giggling little mumble.
Navy smiled at that, and, without another word, rolled over to face her back to him and set out to drift off... She still couldn't stop thinking about the night though, the gears of her mind still turning on what had happened, what was going to happen, and what she'd need to do to get her hooves on that book.... It was a while before sleep finally took her away from her thoughts...

======== Shade Manor ========
Hate sighed, staring at the spot on the floor which had been burned away: the carpet had been completely replaced since then, and no trace was left of that night, save perhaps for the memories in the walls and his mind...

It had been nearly six years before he'd seen the Manor after that, and many things had happened in that time. Even then, he remembered the few days he'd spent at the manor before leaving for the front lines... The names and places still appearing, bloodstains in his mind... The battles of Equisteria, Everfree, the mountains... He was almost 21 at the time of Nightmare night... After the war with Celestia and the time he'd spent in Everfree, he estimated his age to be about 22 now, though he'd lost track. Even still, a decent age to inherit lordship over Grand Castilia, though the authority would have to be regained over time... He'd have to do some of the numbers on it...

He sighed, rising from his chair and heading out of the lounge. He wandered a little through the long, empty hallways. It felt odd to be alone here, where he remembered the constant presence of servants, family, and guests... Perhaps some day soon he would fill it again... He walked down flights of stairs and through more hallways, reaching the kitchen. He found a kettle and some dried herbs and began to pump water... it came out brown... He sighed, furiously causing the pump to blast water into the sink until it came out clear: the pump hadn't been used in centuries, and of course, the pipe had corroded into its own water, but hopefully the water would be decent after being boiled... He tossed some leftover wood into the stove, which looked like it had been upgraded a few hundred years before, and started boiling some tea. He sat down and watched the kettle and oven work, examining the physics on which it operated. He found them to be brilliant: the way it drew air from beneath the flames, kept the heat focussed on an area made of an unfamiliar metal, perhaps a much more refined iron than he was used to, and funneled the smoke into a well insulated chimney. In his time, there would be smoke in the kitchen while cooking would be done over an open flame. The open fireplace had apparently become more of a novelty in the centuries after his petrification...

Soon he walked from the kitchen, heading back to the library, carrying a Teapot and cup with his tentacles. He was eager to do an inventory of the books: perhaps he'd find some interesting updates on the world and country from the new ones...

From the window in the library he could clearly see the coming of Celestia's wretched sun on the horizon...

--------------------------------
And with that, for everyone but Hate and Daemon, this marks...
======== END OF DAY 1 ========
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

*pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter*
======== Day 2: Midday ========
*pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter...*
Navy turned over with a little groan. Outside, instead of rays of sunshine, a light rain fell through the cloud cover, tapping softly against the streets, buildings, and lawns of Grand Castilia...

The pegasi had done a good job with this weeks scheduled storm, setting up a light rain in the middle of the day, cooling the afternoon from the summer sun. Now, instead of the fireball above, there were only swirling gray clouds, scattered about at various altitudes, with the occasional gap. A light breeze occasionally passed through the calm and pleasant rain, sometimes picking up an errant leaf, and rustling the wet leaves of the trees. Overall, it was still a nice day...

Navy nuzzled absently into Penwrite in her sleep, hiding her eyes in his mane with a hoof over him. She was still asleep, but this might have woken him up...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Mr. Lavender? Mr. Lavender, wake up. You the doctor said you can leave now." Nurse Locket's gentle voice was the complete opposite of her violent shoving.

Locke woke up flailing his legs. "What! What is!? I'm not going to jail again!" He jumped upwards, breathing hard enough to see his chest inflate and deflate with air. "Oh, right hospital." He fluttered a few blinks before turning to his nurse and grinning. "Sorry, nightmares. So what is it pretty eyes?" It's always nice to start the day by messing with people.

The pink nurse mare blushed, though a blush is hard to notice on a pink face. "It's just that you can leave now. Oh and there's this. The nurse gently placed Locke's knife on the counter. The face she made as she looked at it was very uneasy. And she had every reason to be uneasy. It's a deadly knife that's clearly meant to be used as a weapon. Plus it was in the wing of a patient from the same day. "I'm not sure if we should really be giving you this back, but the other pegasus you came in with said it's yours and wanted you to have it. Just, why would you keep something like... this?" She placed a lot of extra emphasis on "this".

"Self protection, in theater you can get a lot of ponies that don't like you." Locke hopped off the hospital bed and shook himself like a dog. He grabbed the knife with his left wing and tucked it into the usual spot. "Well, thanks for the bed and all. I've got ponies to do business with. See ya. Locke began his strut out the door pausing for a moment, to realize they took the shackles off his hooves. I sort of liked those. I'll just come back and steal them later, asking is boring.

"Wait! Do you really think my eyes are pretty? Maybe we could meet again?"

"Me and Blue will be back. Trust me! If we're going to be fighting Mr. Ancient killer dude, we'll be coming back enough times to know every pony in this hospital. With a wink, Locke left in a rush. He flew through town with out any care for other pony's safety. The Library was this way... I think... It's a big place I'll recognize it.. Locke's poor memory successfully led him back to the library. Being the inconsiderate criminal he is, Locke landed quietly on the roof, and followed the the way to Navy's bed room from yesterday.

(This all took some time of course, so lets say Locke was woken up just a bit earlier. If there's any complaints address me or whatever.)
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

During the course of the night, Sunset must have started to sleep walk. Sleepwalking Sunset must have decided that her bed wasn't desirable, and sometime after 1am she crawled up next to Moon Dancer and snuggled up to sleep. Still she lied there, snoozing away the morning.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite was most definitely woken up by Navy's presence, snuggling in softly against him. He draped a foreleg over her side and looked down at the mare, smiling to himself. He felt a strong feeling of... protectiveness toward Navy. He had ever since they had met. She was crazy, for sure, even creepy when it came to books, but... he wouldn't have it any other way. So for a while he lay there with Navy, listening to the rain fall. Thoughts of his old girlfriend being in Grand Castilia had completely fled his mind...

Galaxy woke up early, as always. She rolled out of Penwrite's bed, ran a brush through her mane, and then went downstairs to the kitchen. There she made herself a breakfast of oatmeal, two apples, a glass of orange juice, and a glass of milk, before grabbing her purple and gold suitcase and heading down into the basement of Penwrite's house. She didn't bother with turning on the lights. She didn't need them. Even ignoring the gem eyes that allowed her to see in the dark, she had memorized her old lover's house like the back of her hoof.

"This day will be just perfect..." She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and tossed the suitcase to the middle of the basement floor. It landed flat, and then with the whir of gears and servos began to unfold. "The kind of day Castilia's never seen before..."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy was even more tired than him, having not slept before, so she didn't wake up still...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Shin got up and stretched a little as he did every morning. He stretched each of his legs, then to stretch his wings he flew a little.
that doesn't work with one wing. as his right hooves lifted off the floor, throwing him off balance, he said "Oh, right," before falling to the floor with a thud and letting out a slight cry of pain as he landed on his bandages.

The sound of this startled Moondancer so much that she flailed her forelegs and fell out of the chair she was sleeping in... and right onto Sunset who had moved in the night.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke arrived to Navy's door, pausing in front for a moment.To knock or not to knock. She'd be impressed if a knocked, but then that would so not be me! I can sacrifice a little pride I suppose. Blue, I'm out the hospital. If you don't let me in I'll break into the basement." He said as he knocked his hoof against her door. Giant nail to wood being a rather loud sound.

(A hoof is basically a giant toe nail)
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy stirred a little in her sleep at the sudden presence of Pen's hoof on her side, and then again at the distant sound of someone banging on a door, which SHE would recognize as being the library's back door... But, being tired, she still didn't wake up...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite groaned at the sound of the knocking and Locke's distant but distinct voice. The writer didn't want to leave the bed quite yet, as comfortable and peaceful as he was snuggled in with Navy. However, he wanted Locke to see them like this even less. Plus, it would just be rude to make the thief wait out in the rain for as long as it took for him to decide to climb in through a window or something. That would make things even more awkward.

And so, with a titanic amount of effort, Penwrite extricated himself from Navy's bed and quickly but quietly made his way downstairs. He took a few steps to the front door before realizing the knocking was coming from the back door. "What..." Penwrite went to the back door and opened it. "Get in out of the rain before you catch a cold, you fool."
exranio

Post by exranio »

Hornless!? Locke's widened in shock for a moment before giving way to a simple look of confusion. He walked in looking around, mostly wondering where Navy is. Hornless... in Blue's Apartment.... unexpected He shook himself like a dog as the confused thoughts ran through his head. "Uhhhh, is it normal for you to be here? Where's Blue? I've gotta to talk to her 'bout that guy from last night.... then I'll probably have to talk to you. Your name is Penwrite isn't it?" I guess it's convenient that he's here already, saves me the time of looking around. Still, this dude probably isn't going to be that useful with out a dang horn.
Last edited by exranio on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy groaned a little, finally waking up from the two ponies talking at the top of her roof-access stairs, just outside her bedroom door.

(( Apparently that's where they are. ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite rolled his eyes and, once Locke was actually inside the building, closed the door. He then led the other stallion down to Navy's bedroom and knocked on the door and went in, not actually knowing that she woke up.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Shin got up and stretched a little as he did every morning. He stretched each of his legs, then to stretch his wings he flew a little.
that doesn't work with one wing. as his right hooves lifted off the floor, throwing him off balance, he said "Oh, right," before falling to the floor with a thud and letting out a slight cry of pain as he landed on his bandages.

The sound of this startled Moondancer so much that she flailed her forelegs and fell out of the chair she was sleeping in... and right onto Sunset who had moved in the night.
The sound and flailing woke SUnset up, midfall, "Wha-?" She attempted to ask before Moondancer fell on top of her. She looked to the downed Shin, then to the downed Moondancer, then back to Shin, then back to Moondancer, then back to Shin, "You two okay?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite rolled his eyes and, once Locke was actually inside the building, closed the door.
"Fine, whatever. Questions don't need awnsers or anything." Locke followed Pen's lead into the bedroom. Looking around the whole place again, he was still creaped out by all the books. The most creepy probably had to be the giant book bed that Navy lied on, it made his heart cringe. Locke didn't walk too far into the room, just a few steps past the doorway, with enough room for Pen to walk past him. "Hey Blue, you feeling better and all that? I'm still up for helping you take down Hate! And my partnership offer still stands too. Like, partners in hate killing or whatever."
Last edited by exranio on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ctcmjh wrote:The sound and flailing woke SUnset up, midfall, "Wha-?" She attempted to ask before Moondancer fell on top of her. She looked to the downed Shin, then to the downed Moondancer, then back to Shin, then back to Moondancer, then back to Shin, "You two okay?"
both ponies got to their hooves.
"I'm fine, just forgot about my..." before he could finish, he fell to his right. "wing. I guess I'll need something to make up for the weight differential. I'm a little off balance."
he stood up again, this time adjusting to stay standing.

"I'm fine too. are you okay, Sunset?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:Locke followed Pen's lead into the bedroom. Looking around the whole place again, he was still creaped out by all the books. The most creepy probably had to be the giant book bed that Navy lied on, it made his heart cringe. Locke didn't walk too far into the room, just a few steps past the doorway, with enough room for Pen to walk past him. "Hey Blue, you feeling better and all that? I'm still up for helping you take down Hate! And my partnership offer still stands too. Like, partners in hate killing or whatever."
Navy sat up with a little groan, then blinked at the two stallions standing in her room. She stared for a second, then giggled, "I have two stallions in my bedroom... How risque!" She chuckled as she rolled out of the bed and onto her hooves, then shook herself off with a sigh. "Yeah, I'm feeling a little better after a good rest... I'd really like to get a bit deeper into that journal though: if I could get a better idea of how he thinks, I might have a better idea of what he's planning..." she sighed, pushing open the curtains with her nose to look outside, "It's pretty late in the day though..." she glanced at her stomach, "I could use a bit of breakfast first..." She turned around to look at the two stallions, "How's breakfast sound to you two?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

FOOD! "Breakfast sounds awesome!" Locke said, shaking his head up and down like crazy. "You have no idea how crappy that hospital food is."
... Locke paused for moment realisng Navy mentioned something other than breakfast "Wait... what journal again?"
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:both ponies got to their hooves.
"I'm fine, just forgot about my..." before he could finish, he fell to his right. "wing. I guess I'll need something to make up for the weight differential. I'm a little off balance."
he stood up again, this time adjusting to stay standing.

"I'm fine too. are you okay, Sunset?"
Sunset stood as well and shook her mane a little, yawning, "Yeah, I'm fine. A little tired though." She said, finishing her yawn, "So, did you two have plans for today?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked at Locke, then glanced back to Penwrite, then back at Locke, "You don't remember? That book that you found, the one I thought was just a book about Hate? It was a book BY Hate, about himself!" She quickly went into the next room, pushing past them through the doorway to go pick up the plain-looking book and show him the cover, where the word "HATE" was printed in simple, block letters. "See? It's his journal, with details from his life in it. I managed to slip my saddlebags back on after we used it to defeat that Deadlord..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite, meanwhile, had begun exploring the building for the kitchen, so that he might start on making... food.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...THE KITCHEN WAS RIGHT BEHIND HIM, BECAUSE THEY WERE IN A TWO-ROOM APARTMENT WHERE THE KITCHEN WAS PART OF THE LIVING ROOM.
Locke had eaten most of the food the day before, and Navy didn't seem to be much for actually cooking, and thus didn't have alot of ingredients... Maybe she was implying that they go to a restaurant, because she liked those...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite would like to point out that he has never been exactly "good" with directions or finding his way around at any point of the RP.

"Hey guys, let's go out and eat. I know a really good Chinese res-" He walked face-first into a door.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy looked over at Penwrite and blinked, "Um... That's not a Chinese restaurant, that's my closet." she said simply before looking back to Locke.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"I don't care where it comes from as long as there's food and as long as it's good!" Locke completely ignored Pen and the book at the mention of a Chinese restaurant. There is food on the mind, and food is the only thing more important than money and Treasure. "As long as I don't have to pay!" He declared with his hoof pointing to the sky!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

ctcmjh wrote:Sunset stood as well and shook her mane a little, yawning, "Yeah, I'm fine. A little tired though." She said, finishing her yawn, "So, did you two have plans for today?"
"I don't have any plans, but I'm actually kind of hungry. I'll just see if the hospital can give me a prosthetic wing to balance me out and I'll be good to go."
"I actually need to leave our address with the staff. I told Daemon I'd be here, he'll need a way to contact me."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stumbled back, shook the stars from his eyes from the collision, and looked over at Navy and Locke. It seemed the moment the thief had gotten there, Navy's attention was all on him. None to spare for poor, maimed Penwrite, the pony who had saved her life, had comforted her when nobody else could, had given up his magic for her safety. Of course. The thief was, after all, so exciting...

"So...Navy, Locke, I guess I'll see you two later. Have fun at lunch, or whatever. I'll just get home and make sure it's still in one piece..." Penwrite turned, failed to notice the front door wasn't open, and smacked face-first into it.

=====Elsewhere=====

A burst of gold dragonfire, and the last of Galaxy's most needed equipment appeared in what was once the basement to Penwrite's home. Now Galaxy stalked among machines and glowing computer displays, grinning like a madmare. What had been her metal suitcase was beginning to look quite different...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked, glancing over at Penwrite, "In one piece? Penwrite, why don't you come with us? You look like you could use a relaxing sit-down meal..." She glanced back and fourth between the two stallions in her apartment, "I'll tell you what, why don't we just go to that Italian place soup-and-salad café I like and I'll buy for everypony! How's that sound?"

She set the book down, used to ponies simply blowing off her interest in books at this point, though she was a bit annoyed that this particular pony had professed his love for her less than 12 hours before... She wasn't entirely sure how in the 30 seconds since she'd woken up Penwrite had suddenly gone from being giddy at sharing a bed with her to wanting to go home and mope, but she didn't want him to feel unwelcome. After all, she was sure he'd be helpful at planning against Hateful Shade, being a very literate unicorn himself...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stayed silent, unsure...before sighing and going back over to Navy's side. "Yeah, sure, that sounds great. We should stick together after... after last night." He just couldn't give her up...

Meanwhile, it remained raining outside.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Well lets get a move on already! Ever since you mentioned food I've been starving!" Locke's belly moad a lod grumbling roar after. Shut up I'm working on it!. "C'mon lets go!" Locke turned right around and flew out towards the roof, only to remember the others don't fly. He walk back in wet and grumbling. "I guess we're taking the normal way out."
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

(Sorry for disappearing)

Daemon walked towards the mansion, fear beginning to spread. He reached the door, and knocked on the door. Please don't kill me. He thought.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I don't have any plans, but I'm actually kind of hungry. I'll just see if the hospital can give me a prosthetic wing to balance me out and I'll be good to go."
"I actually need to leave our address with the staff. I told Daemon I'd be here, he'll need a way to contact me."
Sunset nodded, "Okay, after we get that all sorted out, we should go out to eat, my treat! I know the best little chinese food place. I go there all the time." She said.