MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Navy nodded, "That's... probably a good idea..." she glanced at the crystals, "Those are from the Crystal Mountains, I presume?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

All at once Galaxy's unease at being around the shadowy being disappeared. She growled, her gem eyes lighting up with an inner fire as her horn crackled with magic. "THAT TACTLESS HARLOT STOLE MY SWEET PENNY FROM ME! I SHALL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!"

///

"Yes, that right, Na-" A tremor suddenly shot through Penwrite's body, leaving him shaking where he stood. "I just had... the most horrible feeling ever... Locke, let's get back to the library please."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Demon stepped forward, pushing Galaxy into a sitting position, "I know full well of the librarian's power to tempt those around her into her service, mare. I need to know what kinds of abilities we should expect from her..." he locked eyes with her, pushing his face against hers, "I know where your true loyalties lie, do not attempt to deceive a child of Discord. If you wish to have your 'Penny' again, you will tell me everything..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Fine but this guy has to get his stuff first. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him now and everything." He mumbled. "We're still going to need more tools." he groaned, rubbing his hoof on his forehead.I wish I didn't have to leave all my stuff behind when I broke free.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:"Yes, that right, Na-" A tremor suddenly shot through Penwrite's body, leaving him shaking where he stood. "I just had... the most horrible feeling ever... Locke, let's get back to the library please."
Navy stared at Penwite for a moment, a very serious look on her face, as if the tremor had been very surprising to her. She glanced back at the large tome in her saddlebag, suddenly becoming worried as it spoke to her. She looked back at Penwrite, worry now showing in her eyes, "Uh.... Yeah... While they're doing that, mind if we... talk alone?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

exranio wrote:"Fine but this guy has to get his stuff first. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him now and everything." He mumbled. "We're still going to need more tools." he groaned, rubbing his hoof on his forehead.I wish I didn't have to leave all my stuff behind when I broke free.
" we may need more tools than I thought a first," Star said. "I don't have much experience working with magically enhanced glasses, there may be more specialized tools."
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixing a formatting-code typo
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:The Demon stepped forward, pushing Galaxy into a sitting position, "I know full well of the librarian's power to tempt those around her into her service, mare. I need to know what kinds of abilities we should expect from her..." he locked eyes with her, pushing his face against hers, "I know where your true loyalties lie, do not attempt to deceive a child of Discord. If you wish to have your 'Penny' again, you will tell me everything..."
The fire left Galaxy's eyes. She cowered beneath the shadow monster like a child. "I, I don't know what to expect from her! I barely spent any time around her before coming here, and she didn't do anything overly magical or strange. Our master Hate has probably spent more meaningful time around her than I have! I-I only noticed that she has a very, very strange obsession with books!"

~~~~~~

"Yeah, sure, I guess we can...." Penwrite led Navy out of the shop, walking down a few yards from the shop before turning to look at her expectantly.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:The fire left Galaxy's eyes. She cowered beneath the shadow monster like a child. "I, I don't know what to expect from her! I barely spent any time around her before coming here, and she didn't do anything overly magical or strange. Our master Hate has probably spent more meaningful time around her than I have! I-I only noticed that she has a very, very strange obsession with books!"
"Yes," the dreadlord said with a note of annoyance, towering over the little pony, "she is quite adept at looking things up in completely unfamiliar books, something which puzzles us greatly, and which makes her supremely dangerous with all writing she gains, considering her analytical prowess. You have known her for quite some time though, you must know of some other tool else at her disposal..."

(( Note: Navy went to Canterlot University, probably along side Galaxy and Penwrite, just to toss something out there ))

======== Grand Castilia ========
"Yeah, sure, I guess we can...." Penwrite led Navy out of the shop, walking down a few yards from the shop before turning to look at her expectantly.
Navy didn't even seem to notice that she hadn't put her hood back up, and now she stood out in the rain with Penwrite, letting it run down her mane (which always looked kinda damp anyways, so it didn't matter too much, but still). She pulled Penwrite into a little alleyway between two shops where they wouldn't be seen and looked up at him, tears starting to form in her eyes, "Penwrite..." she said, holding up a hoof to his face, "Why... didn't you tell me?" she looked up at the stub of his horn-stump, running her hoof around its base a little...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy clenched her eyes shut, thinking, thinking harder than she had ever thought before. She forced herself to call up those distant memories of college. "She... she thinks she can talk to books! She's allergic to broccoli! She has a phobia of spiders! She secretly comes from a rich rock-farming family and doesn't want anyone to know it! She can't sing and dance at the same time! She, she uh, she has access to crystals from the crystal mountains through Penwrite! That's all I know, I swear!"

~~~~~~

Penwrite hardly felt anything as Navy touched his ruined horn. Just a numbness, like ice. "I hadn't realized you didn't know. I'm sorry." To the former unicorn's surprise, he meant it.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy clenched her eyes shut, thinking, thinking harder than she had ever thought before. She forced herself to call up those distant memories of college. "She... she thinks she can talk to books! She's allergic to broccoli! She has a phobia of spiders! She secretly comes from a rich rock-farming family and doesn't want anyone to know it! She can't sing and dance at the same time! She, she uh, she has access to crystals from the crystal mountains through Penwrite! That's all I know, I swear!"
The dreadlord backed up a bit so that his little informant would be less intimidated, "Talking to books? Interesting..." he took a contemplative sip from the red liquid in the wine glass, "You said she had access to the magically imbued crystals which come from the north, tell us more of this..."

==== Grand Castilia ====
Penwrite hardly felt anything as Navy touched his ruined horn. Just a numbness, like ice. "I hadn't realized you didn't know. I'm sorry." To the former unicorn's surprise, he meant it.
Navy sighed, "I... I don't always remember everything I've read, I don't know what's going to be important... Horn-loss seemed a bit obscure...", she moved a bit closer to him pushing her hoof back into his mane, her voice lower now, "The doctors couldn't do anything for you?"
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"ah, crap." she said quietly when she saw that the book cases were locked. "Guess I'll need to ask for help."
She flew towards the front desk.
She was looking for Navy, but her assistant was there. "Hey. You wouldn't happen to have the keys to the Old Tomes section, would you?"
"Huh?" Autumn sounded as he looked up from his task. "Oh! uh, Old Tomes, yes, I uh..." He said, trying to keep his mouth working. "L-let me just ah, uh..." He stammered before zipping off real quick, returning without the mop a short moment later. "Let's get going, yeah?" He suggested, starting to lead the way before the pegasus mare could even give an answer.

Yeah, now you look like you belong here, genius. He thought to himself, embarrassed by his lack of composure.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"Huh?" Autumn sounded as he looked up from his task. "Oh! uh, Old Tomes, yes, I uh..." He said, trying to keep his mouth working. "L-let me just ah, uh..." He stammered before zipping off real quick, returning without the mop a short moment later. "Let's get going, yeah?" He suggested, starting to lead the way before the pegasus mare could even give an answer.

Yeah, now you look like you belong here, genius. He thought to himself, embarrassed by his lack of composure.
"Thanks," she said with a smile. Stallions are cute when they get flustered she thought.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Penwrite wrote:Galaxy clenched her eyes shut, thinking, thinking harder than she had ever thought before. She forced herself to call up those distant memories of college. "She... she thinks she can talk to books! She's allergic to broccoli! She has a phobia of spiders! She secretly comes from a rich rock-farming family and doesn't want anyone to know it! She can't sing and dance at the same time! She, she uh, she has access to crystals from the crystal mountains through Penwrite! That's all I know, I swear!"
The dreadlord backed up a bit so that his little informant would be less intimidated, "Talking to books? Interesting..." he took a contemplative sip from the red liquid in the wine glass, "You said she had access to the magically imbued crystals which come from the north, tell us more of this..."

==== Grand Castilia ====
Navy sighed, "I... I don't always remember everything I've read, I don't know what's going to be important... Horn-loss seemed a bit obscure...", she moved a bit closer to him pushing her hoof back into his mane, her voice lower now, "The doctors couldn't do anything for you?"

"Uh... well, I don't know the exact effects of the crystals she has is, but I know she has plenty of them to spare, because she freely gave some away to another pony. A pegasus. I don't remember his name." She grimaced and bowed down. "I don't know anything else worthwhile, I swear!"

~~~~~~

Penwrite shook his head. "No surgery exists to replace a horn. Don't worry about it though. I'm trying not to." His frown deepened. "I'll have to stop over at my house later to pick some stuff up. I don't want to go around with no protection on me."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:"Uh... well, I don't know the exact effects of the crystals she has is, but I know she has plenty of them to spare, because she freely gave some away to another pony. A pegasus. I don't remember his name." She grimaced and bowed down. "I don't know anything else worthwhile, I swear!"
The dreadlord narrowed his eyes, "I know you are not being truthful with me, but no matter: you will serve my intentions either way..." The dreadlord raised his horn, and the room seemed to fall away, leaving them floating in a void. "Galaxy of house Glory, what I am about to show you is the Truth as it is known through your own eyes." The world started to rush by around her, quickly pulling her into a vivid projection of some sort...

==== Grand Castilia ====
Penwrite shook his head. "No surgery exists to replace a horn. Don't worry about it though. I'm trying not to." His frown deepened. "I'll have to stop over at my house later to pick some stuff up. I don't want to go around with no protection on me."
Navy pulled Penwrite into a hug, stroking his mane, "Penwriiite... Don't say those things to me..." she seemed to be crying a little as she cuddled into him...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke groaned as he lost track of what was going on. "Fine, whatever, just try to get it fast. We're burning time"

The clerk pulled out a weird looking tool the looked as if a screw driver had been combined with a whisk and then given blades. "I think this thingamahoozer should work out for ya. My brother made it. He named it the thingamahoozer. 100 bits to buy, 20 for rental. If you don't bring it back we find you.". He said with a smile.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy stood her ground, refusing to let her feat get the best of her as she watched the complex magics at work. This was what she was born for, what she was trained for. "Bring it on."

~~~~~~

Finally breaking his composure a little, his bitter feelings at Navy for her closeness to Locke forgotten, Penwrite held the mare close. He nuzzled her mane gently, comfortingly. "I'm sorry...."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

exranio wrote:The clerk pulled out a weird looking tool the looked as if a screw driver had been combined with a whisk and then given blades. "I think this thingamahoozer should work out for ya. My brother made it. He named it the thingamahoozer. 100 bits to buy, 20 for rental. If you don't bring it back we find you.". He said with a smile.
"first of all, will this be good for cutting magically enhanced gems? and second... how do I use it?"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy stood her ground, refusing to let her feat get the best of her as she watched the complex magics at work. This was what she was born for, what she was trained for. "Bring it on."
The Dreadlord's voice echoed around her, "As you have realized, Hatred and I are currently the most powerful forces in Equestria right now, aside from the goddesses who are currently far away in Canterlot. If you were to side with us, then together, we can bring you closer to your heart's desire..." Around her, the familiar setting of her home in Canterlot shifted in.

"More riches than you could ever desire would be well within your grasp..."
Around her, new objects of decoration had appeared: gems, jewels, and trinkets of incredible value shone throughout the halls, causing her home to shine brighter than it had ever shone before.

"But such material things are easy to come by for a pony of your talents, something that all of Equestria could learn to appreciate you for..."
Behind the vast riches, the covers of magazines, newspapers, and posters were framed behind glass, showing Galaxy, the greatest inventor Equestria had ever known, in various scenes which demonstrated her most admirable traits. Some were of her heroics in the defense of her fellow ponies, others showed her unveiling and demonstrating her new machines, and a few simply of her, posed to show the gleaming allure of her body...

"But... There is something you wish for with even greater desire..."
The front door opened, and Penwrite walked in, striding resolutely towards her, "Galaxy..." he said, coming to stand in front of the mare, staring into her eyes, "I was blind, foolish, but now I understand: you are the only mare I could ever truly be happy with. I love you..." he pushed his lips forward, making contact with hers...

Finally breaking his composure a little, his bitter feelings at Navy for her closeness to Locke forgotten, Penwrite held the mare close. He nuzzled her mane gently, comfortingly. "I'm sorry...."
Navy nuzzled into Penwrite's mane, caressing his head as she made a few little choking noises... She stood there for a few moments like this, trying to come to terms with the burden of new knowledge...

Finally, she let go of him, sliding off with her head still brushing against his. She spoke softly, wiping her eyes on the fur of her foreleg, "We... We should go to your house..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy let the illusion persist a moment longer, before closing her eyes and wrenching herself away from it. "Don't. Don't you dare do that again. I love Penwrite. I want him all for myself. You promise him to me, and that's all you need to do. How... how can I serve?"

~~~~~~

Penwrite nodded and pulled away, readjusting his raincoat's hood to better hide his horn's stub. "Yes, yes we should. Um, I'll go on ahead, you follow along once they finish in there. Or, go back to the library and let them get to work on those lenses. Whichever you think best."

Still feeling a little numb from the recent rush of emotion, Penwrite slid past Navy and started down the street to his house, mentally making a list of all the items he had collected over his years of travelling, researching material for his books. It was not a petty amount, and there was bound to be something useful. He hoped...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy let the illusion persist a moment longer, before closing her eyes and wrenching herself away from it. "Don't. Don't you dare do that again. I love Penwrite. I want him all for myself. You promise him to me, and that's all you need to do. How... how can I serve?"
The illusion stayed. Whatever the demon was doing, she didn't have control of it. It wasn't just in her head, it was all around her: where she was WAS the projection. "All I am showing you is the Truth as it is known through your own eyes. I do not control what is already within your heart. What I can show you, is what is at stake, should you fail us: the reason your love has drifted so far out of your grasp..." Around her, things changed. Her physical being dissipated and she found herself floating above Penwrite's bed, the sheets all torn off. On it, Navy was running her clawlike hooves over his flesh, like a spider preparing to devour its prey. Her long, snakelike tongue ran over him as she tasted her meal, her long fangs shimmering with desire to feed. As she reached his neck, her teeth sank in, and she began to consume his blood, his eyes glazing over as he lost himself to the beast's venom. "This is not hyperbole, nor is it a deception. This is the monster I see within the Librarian, and the more she is able to manipulate him, the more lost he shall become..."

Penwrite nodded and pulled away, readjusting his raincoat's hood to better hide his horn's stub. "Yes, yes we should. Um, I'll go on ahead, you follow along once they finish in there. Or, go back to the library and let them get to work on those lenses. Whichever you think best."

Still feeling a little numb from the recent rush of emotion, Penwrite slid past Navy and started down the street to his house, mentally making a list of all the items he had collected over his years of travelling, researching material for his books. It was not a petty amount, and there was bound to be something useful. He hoped...
Navy followed close behind, and it wasn't long before they got to Penwrite's house... Or what had been his house, seeing as Galaxy had made some obvious changes to it...

Navy looked up at the house with a tired sort of disgust, "That creepy two-bit stable-mare..."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"I'm sure it will, yeah just push this button right on the top here, and it does it's buisness for you.." He put it on the counter. "Rent or buy?"

Locke, yawned, hoping that he could get his stuff made already.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy growled and stomped her hooves against the floor. "Then stop wasting time with these illusions and let me get to work!"

~~~~~~

"W-what...."

Penwrite walked warily through his front door, eyes scanning to take in the changes. Brass and copper-colored metal had overtaken much of the walls and floors, the tell-tale whir and creaking of heavy machinery downstairs letting him know Galaxy had left her pet projects to play for quite a while....

"She always did like her gadgetry," he said, walking into his living room and poking at a metal pillar of blinking lights. "Even when she and I were just kids she was more interested in mechanics and computers than dolls and playing outside. Weird to see where she's taken it...."

From somewhere in the house came the sound of skittering legs and a tiny motor.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy glanced off into the house, "Yeah, this reminds me of the kind of stuff that she'd get into back at the University..." she glanced over at Penwrite, "You didn't have all the same classes with her: to be honest, I found her intimidating on some level..." she glanced around at the stuff, trying to recognize the underlying components, "It's not usual for a unicorn to get so into something that isn't straight magic, and she's about as intelligent as she is crazy..." She thought about it for a moment, "Then again, sometimes I'm told I fit the description of crazy librarian, so I act extra-crazy just to screw with ponies who's minds can't keep up with it. I wonder what level of the game she's playing on..."

(( Yes. I am now bringing topics from HPMoR into this one. Yudkowsky is awesome and must be combined with ponies. ))

======== Shade Manor ========
Penwrite wrote:Galaxy growled and stomped her hooves against the floor. "Then stop wasting time with these illusions and let me get to work!"
"Heed my warning, mortal pony." the dreadlord's voice echoed, "The monster you are fighting is not the enemy you believe it to be. Underestimate it, and you will be consumed like all those who came before you...." And with that, Galaxy seemed to fall abruptly, landing back in the sitting room, numb for a moment as it rushed back in. She felt herself propped up in a chair by what must have been anther pony.

Hate held forward a glass containing red fluid, "Ah, you are well oriented, I take it? Cacopíese's visions can be quite disorienting. I would assume his latest to be as grave and dramatic as they tend to be..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite bit his lip to keep from making a comment about the crazy librarian thing. He left the living room and went for the stairs to go to his room, just managing to put a hoof down on the first step when something appeared at the top of the stairs. Penwrite's eyes bugged out when he looked up at it. It looked vaguely like an earth pony, if an earth pony were made of copper, had gears at each of its joints, smoke or steam poured from its ears, and two poor-quality crystals for eyes. Also, it's jaws looked like a freaking bear trap.

"Uh... Navy... I think Gal's been busy with her toys...."

~~~~~~

Galaxy took the offered drink with a nod of thanks and gulped it down in one swig. "That was one hay of a head trip. I'd rather not do it again, please. Ever."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate shrugged, "He can be gentler, 'shocking' is simply a trait of his kind." He took her glass and set it aside, sitting back down in his own chair and picking up the glass that the dreadlord had sipped from. "In any case, whatever he showed you must have been preparation enough. Now we should discuss your next course of action against the librarian..."

======== Penwrite's house ========
Penwrite wrote:It looked vaguely like an earth pony, if an earth pony were made of copper, had gears at each of its joints, smoke or steam poured from its ears, and two poor-quality crystals for eyes. Also, it's jaws looked like a freaking bear trap.

"Uh... Navy... I think Gal's been busy with her toys...."
Navy walked in and looked up, stopping and opening her eyes a little more to stare up at the robot, "Um... wow... that's... unexpected..." She noticed that Penwrite was a bit more freaked out, so she brushed past him to get a closer look. "This looks like some sort of advanced lab-experiment..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Agreed," said Galaxy, leaning back in her seat and steepling her fore hooves in front of her. "And that next move is... burn down the library?"

~~~~~~

"Navy, I wouldn't get too close if I were-"

The mechanical being's milky-white eyes flashed to a deep, burning crimson as they fell on Navy. That shark-like mouth opened, releasing a wheezing shriek as the robotic pony launched itself at the librarian. Penwrite cursed and leapt in front of Navy, turned, and slammed both hind hooves into the robot's face with a surprisingly satisfying crunch of metal.

The robot dropped to the floor, its face caved in. Penwrite spit at it. "Shoddy."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy flinched a bit at first, as if preparing to counter, but dropped it when the robot fell. She raised a brow, looking down at the robot, "Well... that was a bit violent..." she glanced back up at Penwrite, having connected some new dots abut Galaxy's latest mental state, "We shouldn't spend too much time here..." She reached into her bag and pulled out a piece of paper and what looked like black chalk, placing it on the floor and starting to draw. She glanced up at Penwrite briefly, "Um... I paid alot of attention in all the classes about runes and mystical constructs..." she shrugged and drew out a figure, then folded the paper back so she could wrap it around her foreleg like a shield... She glanced up again, "Um... Origami too..." she paused, then elaborated, "Being an Earth Pony at a Unicorn university is hard." She stood and started up the stairs...

"Agreed," said Galaxy, leaning back in her seat and steepling her fore hooves in front of her. "And that next move is... burn down the library?"
Hate shook his head, "The library is protected by several layers of wards, especially against any danger to the books, including fire." he took a sip, holding up a hoof to accent, "I should know, I designed the original building myself." He stared at his glass as he swished the liquid a bit, "No, she will have protected herself with much more care than this. I could not enter the library earlier due to some new defensive mechanism beyond my expertise, nor have I been able to scry what she is doing inside, or even track her personal movements." he looked back up at Galaxy, "That is your current usage to me: you will likely be able to enter the library, and the others do not know of our alliance. Therefore, you should be able to find her intentions before she makes her next move..."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star mulled it over a bit, "I'll buy it, its... fair, but I request that it doesn't count towards my double pay... because 200 would be a bit much I'm afraid... I can only afford so much, and then there is the fact that what funds I have need to last me until I can make a trip, one I am not quite comfortable hoofing on my own..." he nodded
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy flinched a bit at first, as if preparing to counter, but dropped it when the robot fell. She raised a brow, looking down at the robot, "Well... that was a bit violent..." she glanced back up at Penwrite, having connected some new dots abut Galaxy's latest mental state, "We shouldn't spend too much time here..." She reached into her bag and pulled out a piece of paper and what looked like black chalk, placing it on the floor and starting to draw. She glanced up at Penwrite briefly, "Um... I paid alot of attention in all the classes about runes and mystical constructs..." she shrugged and drew out a figure, then folded the paper back so she could wrap it around her foreleg like a shield... She glanced up again, "Um... Origami too..." she paused, then elaborated, "Being an Earth Pony at a Unicorn university is hard." She stood and started up the stairs...

Hate shook his head, "The library is protected by several layers of wards, especially against any danger to the books, including fire." he took a sip, holding up a hoof to accent, "I should know, I designed the original building myself." He stared at his glass as he swished the liquid a bit, "No, she will have protected herself with much more care than this. I could not enter the library earlier due to some new defensive mechanism beyond my expertise, nor have I been able to scry what she is doing inside, or even track her personal movements." he looked back up at Galaxy, "That is your current usage to me: you will likely be able to enter the library, and the others do not know of our alliance. Therefore, you should be able to find her intentions before she makes her next move..."
Penwrite eyed the makeshift shield, before moving to go up the stairs side by side with Navy. "Think you could teach me to do that sometime? Seems a nifty trick." They reached the top of the stairs, where the hallway went left and right for several feet before ending at doors. Penwrite turned left. "Come on, I have something in my room that should be nice to have on hoof."

Downstairs, more mechanical hooves could be heard....

~~~~~~

"Oh, well that sounds easy enough." Galaxy smiled and nodded. "Yeah. Penwrite's still friends with me at least, and compared to Navy I should seem perfectly sane to all the various ponies they seem to have recruited yes... oh. Wait. Whoops." Galaxy suddenly remembered something very, very bad. She leaped from her seat, hurrying to the door. "Oh no oh no oh no! I'm sorry, but I've really gotta go! I, uh, left something on at the house I'm staying at and it'll be REALLY detrimental to us if I don't go turn it off right now!"

She paused to look back at him. "You can trust me, I'll spy for you. Give me Penwrite and I'll go to Tartarus for you."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate raised a brow at her, but stood and led her back towards the front door, "Right then. Simply find out what the librarian's next course of action is and report back to me..."

======== Penwrite's House ========
"Think you could teach me to do that sometime? Seems a nifty trick." They reached the top of the stairs, where the hallway went left and right for several feet before ending at doors. Penwrite turned left. "Come on, I have something in my room that should be nice to have on hoof."
"Um... It involves 6th-dimensional math... and time curving... and telekinesis... and... well... a bunch of other stuff I'm pretty sure you never learned..." Navy shook it off before she ended up listing the other 10 masters-level pre-reqs she'd used to craft that spell, "Whatever, it's the strongest shield I can make on the fly, so it should be able to handle jumping attack-robots..." She followed him, "We could also, you know, just wreck 'em all..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy gave a quick bow to Shade, and then ran out the door. She had to hurry!

~~~~~~

Thankfully, it seemed Galaxy's machines had not yet done anything to Penwrite's room. The maimed unicorn trotted over to his bed, kneeling down and pulling a large, wood chest out from under it. "I wasn't always a simple writer of fiction. Between university and now I traveled the world, from Saddle Arabia to Damarescus. It was while in Gildedale, copying down many of their oral tales for preservation, that I came upon this."

He opened the chest. Resting inside it sat a long, thin blade, subtly curved, a foot and a half long and heavier at the end than at the base. It seemed to have once been designed to slide onto a unicorn horn, but at some point it had been altered to more easily strap to the hoof like a hoof-axe. Though what was truly remarkable about the blade was that it was crystal.

"I seriously regret not taking those fencing lessons they offered at university." Penwrite sighed and picked the blade up. "Still, there's some residual magic in here from whatever lucky unicorn got to use it last, so in a pinch... hmm...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy looked at it and nodded, "Right..." she glanced back out the door behind her, "So, what's the plan? We can split up... if you want to grab more than one thing..."

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy gave a quick bow to Shade, and then ran out the door. She had to hurry!
Hate swung his horn as Galaxy ran out, and she found herself walking out into the town itself, the door swinging shut behind her to leave only an arch which welcomed newcomers into town off the main road...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite thought for a moment, considering everything they could take. "Well... there is one other thing. Downstairs, in my personal library." He turned for the door, passing by Navy on the way. "Come on, follow m-"

The door burst apart, half a dozen of the steampunk ponies pushing their way into the room.

"...crud."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy rushed against the door, slamming her shield into the robots to push them back. The shield made a weird noise as it bumped them backwards and she held what was left of the door with her free forehoof, "Penwrite! Turn around!" she commanded, gritting her teeth...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite wanted to fight back, to protect his house. More than that however, Penwrite didn't want to make Navy angry, as she was scarier than a hundred steampunk ponies when angry. Therefore, he turned around.

Meanwhile, Galaxy made it to Penwrite's house, kicking the front door open and calling out Penwrite's name.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy watched penwrite look away, gritting her teeth as her fury rose. With him no longer watching though, she could unleash her full force on the pitiful tin-cans that Galaxy had left for her...

She let out a hiss of loathing under her breath, "Filthy stable-mare automatons...". From behind Penwrite, there was a blinding flash of green-tinted light, followed by the clatter of metal. Then silence.

Navy stepped back from the door, and a crackling of fire was heard, but ceased. "Alright... You can turn around now... That's all of the ones on this floor..." Navy finally panted. "I think" she added.

It looked like the color had drained a bit from her coat, and her glossy mane seemed a bit limper than usual, but around her, the robots had been spontaneously disasembled...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite spun around, took in the smoldering robot remains, and then looked at Navy. He saw no residual magic clinging to her, not even the origami shield she had created. "What are you?"

Before any kind of answer could be given, there was a sudden boom and crunch somewhere down below in the house. The floor heaved beneath their hooves, sending Penwrite stumbling, then swelled out, and then burst. A screaming Galaxy flew up through the newly-opened hole in the floor, smashed against the ceiling like a pinball, and fell to the floor. The next moment she was back on her hooves, staggering to and fro with her crystal eyes askew in their sockets.

"Oh, hey Penny, hey Navy. Nice to see all five of you. I was just trying to shut down the machine making my steampunk ponies down in the basement, when it decided it liked being alive and smacked me with a hand the size of a chicken coop... how many floors did I fly up?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite spun around, took in the smoldering robot remains, and then looked at Navy. He saw no residual magic clinging to her, not even the origami shield she had created. "What are you?"
Navy blinked at Penwrite, "Wha... what do you-"
Before any kind of answer could be given, there was a sudden boom and crunch somewhere down below in the house. The floor heaved beneath their hooves, sending Penwrite stumbling, then swelled out, and then burst. A screaming Galaxy flew up through the newly-opened hole in the floor, smashed against the ceiling like a pinball, and fell to the floor. The next moment she was back on her hooves, staggering to and fro with her crystal eyes askew in their sockets.

"Oh, hey Penny, hey Navy. Nice to see all five of you. I was just trying to shut down the machine making my steampunk ponies down in the basement, when it decided it liked being alive and smacked me with a hand the size of a chicken coop... how many floors did I fly up?"
Navy's eye twitched a little as she stared at Galaxy. "Two, you psychotic two-bit stable-mare. Now, why did you make a robot-making machine in the basement?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"To protect my sweet little Penny from the zombies," said Galaxy with complete seriousness.

Penwrite, meanwhile, edged toward the door. He had a feeling downstairs with the robot-making robot would be safer than up there between these two mares.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Zombies. Right." Navy said dryly, turning to walk out, "Well, we'll just leave you to it then... C'mon Pen..."