MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

exranio

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by exranio »

Locke remebered the gem's he was carrying on him. Where exactly isn't important. He took out one of the beautiful blue sapphires. poweful magic, eh? He tapped pen's shoulder as they followed the library Pegasus. "Hey. You made a big deal out of this earlier. What kind of strong magic is in this thing? I'm thinking they could help. If I could use these babies for enchantments we can make a pretty sweet advantage." He said at whisper not at all because of the library.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Glad that they were managing to have a civil conversation for once, Penwrite turned to Locke and assumed Super Lecture Whisper Mode. "It depends on the color of the gem. Green gems can make their holder go without need of food or drink for weeks, if the magic holds out. Yellow gems let the holder harness sunlight for magic energy for some time. And blue gems..." Here Penwrite lowered his voice even further, leaning in toward Locke. "Blue gems from the crystal trees of the crystal mountains allow the holder to go into the thoughts and dreams of others. So yeah, Locke, you're right. They could be useful."

~Meanwhile~

Galaxy continued following behind Hate, curious as to where he was leading her.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Looking into thoughts eh.... I've got an idea. Who knows how to make lenses around here? I think we've got our edge against Mr.old and magical." Locke said with a mischievous grin, confident that his plan easily got across.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stared at Locke for a minute, in utter silence, before sweeping the pegasus into a bone-crushing hug. "Oh my gosh that's genius! Fantastic! Brilliant! Totally not going to let the thief wear the thought-reading glasses!"
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Ow!" Locke yelped. He pushed Pen off him and took back to the air, out of hug distance. "Of course not, I get the spy glass, you get the glasses. I have leverage here dude, these are my gems.Either I don't need you. I can ask any pony in this town for a lens maker, so just be happy I'm letting you in on it. There should be enough to make the spy glass and the glasses and then just pay for it with the gems left over."

(thanks for using a nondescript number earlier and saying "several" gems)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate lead her down an alley after they came across one, his horn glowing as he walked down it. On the other end was a wooden building front with a pair of very nice double doors, completely blocking the alleyway...
Penwrite wrote:Galaxy continued following behind Hate, curious as to where he was leading her.
Hate briefly raised his head, letting his horn glow again as they neared the doors, causing them to open onto the large, dimly lit foyer of Shade Manor. He stepped inside, stepping to the side of the door and gesturing with a forehoof for Galaxy to follow...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy followed. She normally wasn't much for older styles, or older anything for that matter, but Shade Manor was... impressive.

~meanwhile~

Penwrite growled, but eventually backed down. "If I catch you misusing those even once...."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy followed. She normally wasn't much for older styles, or older anything for that matter, but Shade Manor was... impressive.
Hate shut the door behind her, turning back to her, his eyes now massive and glowing a little in the dim light, having dilated to unnatural levels, "That spell, in case you're interested, is how I escaped the guards after the assassination attempt where I shot Celestia with an enchanted arrow. It was unfortunate that the captain had to leap into its path: I never did find out what happened to his ashes..." He turned to lead her away from the foyer, down a side hall.

Shade Manor was indeed made with a style that combined spaciousness, timeless aesthetics, and classic elements, built by ponies who had a somewhat practical sense of fashion so that it did not easily loose its charm over the years. The dark hues of blue and black, with occasional red, white, yellow, and cyan accents, blended together like a clear late-night sky...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"We might as well do it now then. Shin and his sis can handle some reading on their own, not like their eyes will explode. The way I used to work I was always told it's better to split the work then to have everyone do the same thing. Because that's just stupid. You go tell, them that we got something to do, I'll go get the coat I dropped." Locke said ready to fly off.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

As Shin followed to the books, he figured he;s ask a question. "I'll probably just check out a few books and research the medical stuff on my own time. Do I need to sign up and get a card to do that?"
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

[I'm sorry, I've had a really long, really tough day, and I'm really tired right now. Does anyone mind if I just post after I get a good night's sleep? Please?]
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( I doubt we have a choice... Keep it to the OOC thread though. ))
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( I doubt we have a choice... Keep it to the OOC thread though. ))
[Fine then, I'll freaking post now.]

Galaxy complimented Hate on the elegance of Shade Manor.

~elsewhere~

Penwrite told Shin and the others what he and Locke were going to go do, and then went off to rejoin Locke.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke wiggled himself back into his coat, some what lost in a day dream as he waited for Pen.
"Alright you lead the way, dude. With this we'll have enough of an edge to think way ahead of him."
And anyone else.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy complimented Hate on the elegance of Shade Manor.
Hate nodded and lead on...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite lead the way out of the library, pondering all the possible ramifications of what they were about to do with the thought-reading gems they had. It could be trouble He'd have to keep an even closer eye on Locke than before.

"Now then," he said as they turned a corner in the street. "I never thought I'd get to say this in a dramatic fashion, but... TO THE OPTOMETRIST!"

~elsewhere~

As they walked, Galaxy looked around the ancient mansion, pondering what sorts of ancient magics had kept it in such pristine condition. Then she frowned as she thought about how her beloved Penwrite had been so horribly disfigured last night. He was probably still having trouble adjusting to it.

~elsewhere~

Penwrite smashed face-first into the door to the optometrist's place when his no-longer-there magic failed to open it. "Ow."

~elsewhere again~

"So, tell me Shade, what do you have planned, if anything?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"I will explain my plans to you soon enough, first, however, I believe it would be wise to get to know you better..." Hate said, turning to lead her into a comfortable sitting room. As they entered, the black obsidian fireplace lit itself, casting a warm light on the dark colors of the room. Hate sat in a large chair near the fire, and gestured for Galaxy to sit in the identical chair across from him, "So, Galaxy, tell me about yourself..."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star sighed as he wandered around Grand Casilia, where in this place could he buy a new lense to replace the borken one on his telescope? He shook his head, then remembering Princess Celestia's recomendation that he make a few friends "Stars are nice, but I bet they are alot better if you have ponies to share them with" he replayed the scene in his head a couple of times, he had made a night visit to a high balcony in the castle, since it had one of the best views and she happend to be awake at that hour, passed by and gave him a lecture about the importance of friends "Friends... It would be nice wouldn't it? I could even have a star gazing party" he said aloud to himself "It would be great..." he smiled softly
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy nodded in understanding. Wanting to know who he was dealing with made sense. "Okay then. My name is Galaxy. I grew up in Canterlot, where I attended Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. There were only... two unicorns above me in grades, though one got mentoring from Celestia herself, so she hardly counts. I love pumpkin spice cake, hate apple pie, and my favorite color is grey. My natural magical reserves are... well, putting it bluntly, embarrassingly low, but I've pioneered the field of using gems to enhance magic. Just look at my eyes." She bat her eyelashes and smiled. "I have two brothers, a sister, and an uncle in the royal guard. I'm the youngest. Anything else you want to know?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate conjured a wine glass with a deep red liquid in it, sipping it as he listened. "And how did your family come to 'prepare' you for my return?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy stared at Hate for a moment, silent, before reaching into her mouth with a hoof and removing her normal, flat pony teeth. Beneath were meat-eating teeth. Her gem eyes shone red as she removed the glamour spell on herself, revealing ugly black stitches at every joint, and that her mane and tail were practically non-existent.

"Rip a leg off. Any leg."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate leaned forward, raising a brow: so that's what the spell he'd felt had been concealing...
He took one of her forehooves in his, inspecting the stitched joints. "Rip one of your limbs off you say?" he asked, glancing up and down her heavily magically augmented body...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Yes, that's right, just rip it off. Or cut it off, or freeze it off. Just don't burn it off, and I'll put it back on lickety-split. Great for parties, which... I imagine we won't be having many of."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate shrugged, "If you like.". He glanced over her forelegs, and with a flash of his horn, two tentacles came out, grabbing her and one of her forelegs and popping it off. Hate brought it over to examine the joint it had separated at, analyzing its magics. "And this works without pain?" he asked in a scholarly manner...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:As Shin followed to the books, he figured he;s ask a question. "I'll probably just check out a few books and research the medical stuff on my own time. Do I need to sign up and get a card to do that?"
"No, I'll just need to get your name and address, but we'll go over that at the front desk." Autumn said as he made a turn. "The medical books should somewhere around here. I'll go see if I can find any of those 'mon-gah' books you were talking about... But, before I start looking, what's a rough way to describe a book you would generally find when looking through 'mon-gah'"
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Leafolawl wrote:"No, I'll just need to get your name and address, but we'll go over that at the front desk." Autumn said as he made a turn. "The medical books should somewhere around here. I'll go see if I can find any of those 'mon-gah' books you were talking about... But, before I start looking, what's a rough way to describe a book you would generally find when looking through 'mon-gah'"
"Oh, well I think sometimes here they're called... what was it... Graphic Novels? but the ones I'm looking for are from neighppon. They're usually about the sise of a small chapter book, but they have picture with their words."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"I did the same thing." Locke chuckled remembering his arrival to this town. He flew over Pen write and opened the door on his own.

Whoever designed this this place really loved blue. The walls were dark blue, the floor was light blue, the counteres where all a blue similar to a lake in the sun. The left side of the place had it's walls covered in in glasses of all styles for mares and stallions, the right displayed telescopes, microscopes and even kaleidoscopes. Anything that used a lens really. Next to the counter there was a door clearly 'marked eye examination', and at the counter itself stood a red unicorn with fiery orange who contrasted against everything.

"I like this place, I blend in."

(I can give descriptions too.)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star looked around and saw a blue building that looked like a shop, peering into the window... were those? Yes they were! He smiled a bit, looking over to the door to see someone standing there and someone just inside "H-Hey there" he nodded to them, getting just a bit closer to them "Are the lenses in here good?" he asked turning, his head to the side "The lense on my telescope broke, so..."
Pet Friendly:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy grit her teeth as the limb was pulled off. No blood spilled, only a very faint trace of powder, almost like dust. "No, no pain. Only the strange sensation that there should be pain, and that can be worse." Her horn sparked, and suddenly the limb flew out of Hate's grip and reattached to the rest of her. "I really don't like doing that when I can avoid it."

~elsewhere~

Penwrite rubbed at where his face had hit the door, grumbling in annoyance, and then looked over at the newcomer. "Oh, uh, hello there. Yeah, I guess the lenses here are good. I don't know for sure, I've never used the place...."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star chuckled a bit "Trial and error I suppose, Oh~ My name is StarShower by the way, nice to meet you" he bowed his head respectfully, smiling a bit "Er, "Star" for short. I came here from Canterlot, though I am not one of those refined rich ponies" he stuck out his tounge in slight distatse, it wasn't all of them but he had a particular one in mind
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy grit her teeth as the limb was pulled off. No blood spilled, only a very faint trace of powder, almost like dust. "No, no pain. Only the strange sensation that there should be pain, and that can be worse." Her horn sparked, and suddenly the limb flew out of Hate's grip and reattached to the rest of her. "I really don't like doing that when I can avoid it."
"Fine then," Hate said, climbing back into his chair as his tentacles dissipated, "We shall avoid such situations. You should also feel free to stay in whichever form you feel more comfortable with in my presence." He picked up the wine glass again and drank more of the sticky red liquid, "So, tell me Miss Galaxy, you have the teeth of a predator. How have you hidden this trait for so long? Have other ponies not discovered your cravings for flesh? Or have you found a way to suppress them? Perhaps you are not purely of the carnivore blood?" He kept the air of a quiet and noble scholar as he interviewed the mare, absently profiling her for her abilities and background...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"I swear, sometimes it's like I don't even exist," Moon said quietly to herself as she flew around the library trying to find the history section to find something on the shade family. She barely even knew why they needed to research and she seemed to be the only one focused on doing so.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Oh, I know what you mean." Navy said, appearing from from seemingly nowhere. She was now leaning against a bookshelf directly next to Moondancer. She held a book in the fetlock of one hoof, gently stroking it with the other, in the classic portrayal of a schemer petting their pet as things played out in front of them. "Looking for some information on the enemy while the others read comics and wander medical sections filled with book's they'd need several years of medical knowledge to understand?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moon was startled and nearly backed itno and knocked over a bookcase. It only wobbled slightly.
"why are you..." she began to ask before she decided she didn't want to know why she was petting her book. "nevermind. Yes, That's what's happening."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Pen dude! We got business to take care of. Get in here!" Locke shouted as he turned to the clerk.

"Afternoon, whatchya need? We have lenses for every occasion and occupation of you're persuasion."

"Actually I need something custom." Locke said has he dumped his collection of gems on the the table as discreetly as possible. The lens pony's eye's lit in surprise."I need to thanks from you." He whispered "I need a spy glass and and pair of glasses made with these gems."

"Uh...huh..."

"Keep it hush. Whatever's left over. You get all of it."

"Uhhh huh."

"...You okay?"

"Uhh huh...." He shook his head trying to look away from the dazzling gems. "We can do that... lickity uh split. My brother's fast, shouldn't take no more than 4 hours for him."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star stepped inside and looked over the lenses and eye glasses, his ears twitching at the conversation at the counter, he couldn't resist and so he walked over, looking over the materials on the counter "I can do both better and in an hour..." he stated, he had fixed and modified so many telescopes, and he didn't want to get started on eyeglasses "I mean, you seem like you are in a rush for something..."
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Moon was startled and nearly backed itno and knocked over a bookcase. It only wobbled slightly.
"why are you..." she began to ask before she decided she didn't want to know why she was petting her book. "nevermind. Yes, That's what's happening."
Navy let a small smile cross her lips. "Well, it's good that somepony is being helpful..." Gently, she set the medical volume down on the floor, taking a step forward and standing a bit high on her hooves, her face now relatively close to Moondancers, "You do seem like a girl who can get things done..." She leaned in closer, moving her face to the side of Moondancer's and half-whispering toward her ear, "That's quite a unique quality in a mare... women like us really should stick together..." She smirked for a moment, then backed away, still smirking, "Perhaps we should meet alone sometime... you know, to get to know each other..." She chuckled, then turned to grab something from her saddlebag, "In the mean time, however..." she pulled out a small notepad, tossing it to the other mare, "I looked through the library already and found a bunch of books with references to Hateful Shade. I didn't get through all of them though. You should start there if you want some information on Hate..." The notepad was opened to a list, which had a few entries checked off...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Moon blushed a bit. "uhh... thanks. I'll get right on it," she said as she nervously looked at the notepad before flying off to find the first unchecked entry on the list.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy blinked, then chuckled, shrugging, "Ah well, it was worth a shot..." She went and picked up her book, stroking it lovingly for a moment before going off to talk to Shin and her lackey...
Leafolawl

Post by Leafolawl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Oh, well I think sometimes here they're called... what was it... Graphic Novels? but the ones I'm looking for are from neighppon. They're usually about the sise of a small chapter book, but they have picture with their words."
"Oh, yeah I think I've seen a few of those around here actually..." Autumn said as he crossed his forelegs in thought "Yeah actually, I used to look at them to pass the time when I first started working here." He stated, his face brightening as he remembered them. "I could go get you a few of them or I could show you to the area they're at in a bit, your choice." He offered with a smile.
Love me right now! Done.
SoujiTheFox wrote:(9:36:35 PM) Steve: THE CHRIST AM I NAMED STEVE FOR
Why do I still find this funny?