MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Penwrite

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Penwrite »

[In the immortal words of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "RUN AWAY!"]
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

The town was quiet as a gray pony entered the area. His green eyes shown vibrantly as he surveyed his surroundings.
He then sighed. A new town, a new beginning. His face transformed into a smirk.
I wonder who is awake right now anyway.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sunset shook herself awake as Navy called them to run away, "Y-yeah! Let's do that!" She agreed as she stood up shakily and cantered towards Navy and the others. She noticed Shin's stumbling and smiled, "Come on Shinny! We can't give up now! When we're back in town we can nap for days, just no napping now!" She panted, the spell and the running taking a lot out of her.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Shin paused for a second as he noticed Sunset leaving Locke behind. "But... you should..." he started to say before sighing. He turned around and lifted Locke's unconscious form onto his back and slowly advanced towards the exit.
(OOC: lol, pony with blood loss carrying another.)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Navy pressed on down the path, slowing only briefly to glance behind her and make sure the others were following as she passed through the gate and reached the edge of the woods that were between the manor and the town...

Behind them, Hate walked out onto the balcony to stare at them with his cold red eyes, their glow still visible from where she was. She heard distant crackling noises as the house began to repair itself from the night's invasion...

Navy moved on down the path, away from the Shade estate and into the outskirts of town. Their arrival was shrouded by the darkness, and the streets were empty as all the ponies in the town were asleep. She led the group toward the library...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy pressed on down the path, slowing only briefly to glance behind her and make sure the others were following as she passed through the gate and reached the edge of the woods that were between the manor and the town...

Behind them, Hate walked out onto the balcony to stare at them with his cold red eyes, their glow still visible from where she was. She heard distant crackling noises as the house began to repair itself from the night's invasion...

Navy moved on down the path, away from the Shade estate and into the outskirts of town. Their arrival was shrouded by the darkness, and the streets were empty as all the ponies in the town were asleep. She led the group toward the library...
Daemon saw the blue pony leading the others. He walked forward towards them.
(He's in town now, so he can see them.)

"Excuse me miss, what has happened to everyone?"

It looks like they just entered a war.
Once I was EmoPeanut, now I'm Daemon. I support Sabrina&Max. Got a problem with that?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stirred on Navy's back and let out a groan, just to show he was still alive.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Damon rasied an eyebrow.

"Should I ask?"
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke mumbled as he started to fade back into the land of the living. He didn't recognize the back of the pony he was on until he noticed his knife still stick in the wing, competent pony! "I think I can get of now." Locke climbed off the pegasus' back and walked towards Navy, then he noticed the new guy in front of them. "Who the heck is this guy?
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

exranio wrote:Locke mumbled as he started to fade back into the land of the living. He didn't recognize the back of the pony he was on until he noticed his knife still stick in the wing, competent pony! "I think I can get of now." Locke climbed off the pegasus' back and walked towards Navy, then he noticed the new guy in front of them. "Who the heck is this guy?
Daemon stared at Locke and smirked.

"I'm Dameon, a gambler from the North, and I know who you are Locke, Who wouldn't?"

Daemon's teeth shined eerily.

"Anyways, I just entered town, but I couldn't find anyone."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Hey" Locke leaned toward's Deamon and whispered "Who I am is on a private need to know basis. Got it. I've got enough issues." He leaned away, suddenly with a smile on his face "Oh right I remember you now. Long time no see man!" He lied. I swear I do not need everysingle dang pony I come across knowing what I do.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Suddenly, as will happen once every blue moon, Penwrite spoke in his sleep.

"Hospital...HOSPITAL...HOSPITAL, you morons!"

Penwrite was not very polite while asleep.
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

exranio wrote:"Hey" Locke leaned toward's Deamon and whispered "Who I am is on a private need to know basis. Got it. I've got enough issues." He leaned away, suddenly with a smile on his face "Oh right I remember you now. Long time no see man!" He lied. I swear I do not need everysingle dang pony I come across knowing what I do.
Daemon smiled, then stared at Penwrite.

"I wouldn't look now, but this one seems to be loosing a lot of blood."

Daemon then stiffened, as if hit.

What the heck? He smells....not evil, but wrong somehow. What happened to these guys?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Yeah," Shin said, glad that Locke was now off of his back, "The hospital may be a good idea. My eyesight is fading, and I'm going to pass out now."
and just like that, Shin took Locke's place as the second unconscious pony, being sure to land on his right side so as not to drive the knife deeper into his left.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Yeah," Shin said, glad that Locke was now off of his back, "The hospital may be a good idea. My eyesight is fading, and I'm going to pass out now."
and just like that, Shin took Locke's place as the second unconscious pony, being sure to land on his right side so as not to drive the knife deeper into his left.

Daemon stared at the scene and sighed.

"Look, because I'm a nice pony, I'll help carry these guys, gotcha?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

And so, our intrepid heroes (plus one jerk, one pony of questionable sanity, and one new guy] made it to the hospital safe and sound...well, without any more trouble, at least. Now we catch up with them as Celestia raises the sun, bringing a new day and new possibilities. What shall happen next? Who shall become friends? Who shall become enemies? Why am I, the disembodied narrator, asking YOU!? Stay tuned!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penwrite blinked his eyes open and found himself staring up at the unmistakable ceiling of a hospital. No other place could have such a boring kind of white. "Ow...what ha-NNNNGH!" The unicorn had tried sitting up, the end result being his abused body screaming in protest. He clenched his eyes shut and fell back in the stiff bed, not noticing if there were any other ponies in the room with him.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but of course, there was another pony in the room. Shin was on the other side of a curtain, having just had a blood transfusion. Luckily the hospital had plenty type neigh blood in storage.
The tendons in his wing were completely severed by the knife, so the doctors removed it. Even if the doctors had reattached the tendon, he wouldn't have been able to fly again. No sense leaving a pointless, limp appendage. Where it was, there was now a stump wrapped in bandages.

Shin didn't really care. He didn't need wings to write and draw his manga. He had gotten a quill and parchment from the doctors to begin writing a script in his bed.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Daemon sat outside the waiting room, his face showing no emotion.

Why am I here? I mean I helped drag them here, but why am I staying? Daemon tried to rationalize his thought process, but the thought of that smell he had smelled on Penwrite still bothered him.

What was that smell, and more importantly, what happened to those guys? Huh ...sometimes you are to curious for your own good Daemon. Daemon chastised himself.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy looked back, eyes wide and teeth gritted in a level of shock.
Everything was falling apart.
Everything.

All she wanted was a book.
She hadn't meant for any of these ponies to follow her.
She didn't know that Hate would really return to protect the house.
She hadn't meant for anypony to get hurt.
Now everything was just... Falling apart...

She'd been headed for the library to try and patch Shin and Penwrite up herself instead of taking them straight to a hospital, but it was becoming more and more apparent that she was in WAY over her head. The endless piles of of medical books that she'd read began blasting through her head...
She looked at Penwrite on her back, wincing. She didn't want to explain what had happened to his horn, but she was pretty sure that he'd start suffering permanent damage if he wasn't given some professional treatment soon...
She looked back at the new pony, who had a knife in his wing. If it wasn't removed and treated fast, it wouldn't heal right, and he would be permanently crippled...
She looked back at Locke: whatever spell Hate had used on him, he'd passed out. For all she knew, his head was about to explode, or all his blood would drain out, or maybe something even worse... She wasn't a unicorn, so she couldn't tell...
She looked ahead: they were still closer to the hospital than the library...

"Fine..." she said, sulking her head as she turned to head off for the hospital, pretty sure that as soon as the authorities found out she'd get an instant one-way ticket to the next country over...

======== Shade Manor ========
Hate watched the ponies leave his lawn, running back into town. He considered, briefly, sprouting a pair of wings and flying after them, but declined the idea: he had no reason. After they'd disappeared from view, he turned and walked back into his old home. His horn lit up as he walked through the door, feeling out the various enchantments of the house with old familiarity, commanding and revitalizing its ancient functions. All around him the old wards sprung to life with new vigor, and the aging walls and supports hardened to pristine condition. When the sun came up, the entire manor, from the shingles on the roof, paint on the outer walls, to even the wooden fence, would shine as if they'd been rebuilt from scratch in one night.

Hate walked along the revived halls, already going back into the stride of being in the home he'd grown up in. He rounded the corners, just as he'd done when he'd slept here the last time, about a year ago, just after Nightmare Night. He stopped in front of his old bedroom door, noting the missing sign on the door which marked it as belonging to "Hateful". He put his hoof on the handle, opened it, and strode it.
His face immediately fell.
"Oh...." he said, as realization suddenly returned to him: this wasn't his bedroom anymore. It hadn't been for about a thousand years. His eyes darted back and fourth at the sheets sloppily covering the scattered, unfamiliar furniture, probably the property of the last member of his line to live in this house. It had clearly been left behind when the family had moved out of the house for good, whenever that had been, and the sheets were added simply as an afterthought in case anypony had decided to return...

He backed slowly out of the room, his face now stuck in a blank state of shock. His room hadn't been his for a thousand years. His room, that, for him, he'd slept in merely a year ago, had been somepony elses for so long that only the shape of the walls was even reminiscent of what it had been for him. The furniture, the carpet, the wallpaper, even the ceiling painting, was all somepony else's, set in a strange style that hadn't been invented in his time.
Hate bolted.
He raced down halls, left in their original style to preserve their ancient heritage or something, past portraits and busts of ponies, some of which he'd never seen before.
Tears poured down his face as he rushed from hallway to hallway, just to make sure the one portrait he cared about at this second was still there. He didn't even bother to fully stop as he got to it, allowing his face to hit the glass covering with a light thud. He stared up at the painting of two black furred ponies, one of them with red hair, the other with brown, both sitting regally in thrones and wearing simple regalia. "M... Mother... Father..." he managed to sputter, staring up at them with wide eyes, "I... I... time spent away from you... I... I don't know what to... I-"
Then it finally hit him: Dead. They were all long dead. Everypony ever. They were dead. Completely and utterly dead. Not even dust would remain of them now...

His mouth opened as his legs gave out, leaving him to just sort of flop limply onto his side. His open jaw just sort of quivered there with his eyes as he made odd little gasping noises, his mind completely blown away by the sudden onset of reality.

Finally, he remembered how to scream, and promptly began to do so...
It just echoed to nopony through the empty house.

======== Grand Castilia, Bleeding-Heart Shade Hospital ========
"He's my cousin!" Navy lied, putting on her deceptive routine harder than she'd ever done it before. "Yeah, he's here visiting during his time off from the theater troupe!" she nodded, "And obviously he didn't bring any sort of identification because, well, he wasn't expecting any trouble..." she somehow managed to be somewhat persuasive to the doctor who was bandaging her head as she explained to him that Penwrite's magic had done something to Locke and caused him to pass out, and that she was worried he might be sick from it.

She'd mentioned to the others that she'd broken quite a few laws in the process of getting into Shade Manor, and that she'd probably get in trouble for doing so, but she hadn't mentioned how much trouble, or the fact that Locke was a fugitive from another country. The second they were done here, she was going to run back to the library to send a letter to Canterlot, warning them of Hateful Shade's return, and in the process, confessing of her crimes. She was terrified of what the crown might do to her for breaking into such an important national historical site, and especially the circumstances she'd managed to do so under, but she was even more terrified of what havoc Hateful Shade might wreak: he'd tried to kill Celestia several times, and if he managed to get the jump on her...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ever so slowly, so as not to aggravate his aching body any more, Penwrite turned his head left and then right, taking in what little there was of his room. It was bare and just like any other hospital room he had ever been in, save for the curtain cutting off a section of the room. He guessed that there was another pony past it. "Hey, is...is anyone back there? Anyone?"
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

Penwrite wrote:Ever so slowly, so as not to aggravate his aching body any more, Penwrite turned his head left and then right, taking in what little there was of his room. It was bare and just like any other hospital room he had ever been in, save for the curtain cutting off a section of the room. He guessed that there was another pony past it. "Hey, is...is anyone back there? Anyone?"
Daemon walked up to Penwrite. He looked from side to side. No nurses here.

"Okay Penwrite, you're going to tell me what the heck happened here."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"You may want to introduce yourself first," Shin said from the other side of the curtain. "He was still unconscious when you showed up... and could you open this curtain? I don't want to be separated from the conversation."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"You may want to introduce yourself first," Shin said from the other side of the curtain. "He was still unconscious when you showed up... and could you open this curtain? I don't want to be separated from the conversation."

Daemon sighed, and moved the curtain, then straightened.

"My name is Daemon, so can someone tell me who are you ponies and what happened?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite stared at the new pony for a moment, then another, and then another, before frowning and looking away. "I just spent the last day or something in constant peril and fearing for my life. The last thing I clearly remember is cutting off my horn to banish an evil demon monster, an act I was sure was going to kill me, just to save my friends. So I don't wanna talk to you, I wanna talk to one of them. Shin, what do you know?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, apparently that mansion used to belong to some ancient cannibal cultist pony. That thing we were fighting was a magical security measure. After you passed out, that cultist came back. Apparently he's a thousand years old or something, I was kind of distracted by a knife in my wing. Locke passed out, I'm not sure why. Sunset teleported us away and we got the hay out of there as fast as we could. All of this is great material for a manga." The one-winged pegasus then returned to writing.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Well, apparently that mansion used to belong to some ancient cannibal cultist pony. That thing we were fighting was a magical security measure. After you passed out, that cultist came back. Apparently he's a thousand years old or something, I was kind of distracted by a knife in my wing. Locke passed out, I'm not sure why. Sunset teleported us away and we got the hay out of there as fast as we could. All of this is great material for a manga." The one-winged pegasus then returned to writing.

Daemon sighed.

"Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, and now a demon? Is Equestria a battle for god-like supremacy or what?" Daemon muttered to himself.

"Is this cultist still alive?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite listened to them as they spoke, their words slowly growing hazier. In fact, everything he saw seemed to be growing hazier. Maybe he should-

"Zzzzzzzzz..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Daemon wrote:"Is this cultist still alive?"
"Probably. as I said, we got the hay out of there. We were all weakened from the fight with that monster, we couldn't beat him. He seemed to only be defending his old home, though, so we should be safe. I think Navy called him 'Hurtful Shadow' or something like that."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Locke had a room all to himself. He lied in his bed with only one IV fluid being pumped into him. He folded forehoves and grimaced mumbling something about treasure. A nurse pony with a very pretty necklace fluffed his pillow. "Everything okay in here? The doctor said that your heart had some sort of failure. A day of rest and fluid should handle it though."

"Yeah, sure everything's fine. Just bring me back some crackers or something, and if you see a darkish blue mare around ask if she can come in. ... actually can you come a bit closer for a sec?" The nurse leaned in closer "You have very beautiful eyes."

"Oh, Umm thanks. I'll go get those crackers" The mare blushed and scurried away in a heartbeat. Locke chuckled as he tucked his new heart shaped necklace under his wing
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( You little "screw". ))
"Oh, here's your cousin! She was right outside!" The nurse popped her head back in with a grin, just late enough to not see that he'd somehow acquired her necklace.
Navy followed her in, hiding her worry with a smile that Locke could probably see through. "Thank you Locket! I'll just have a few words with him alone..."
Locket, the nurse, smiled and nodded as she walked off, her hooves making soft clopping noises against the hospital floor.
Navy looked at Locke, her smile beginning to fade, "So... How much longer until they let you leave...?"

(( I'm going to just drop this bit here: Hateful Shade was a pretty evil figure in history, being a minion of Nightmare Moon, and the fact that he's local means that they've probably heard of him somewhere before. I was thinking maybe they had an effigy that they burned or something on Nightmare Night... ))
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Daemon wrote:"Is this cultist still alive?"
"Probably. as I said, we got the hay out of there. We were all weakened from the fight with that monster, we couldn't beat him. He seemed to only be defending his old home, though, so we should be safe. I think Navy called him 'Hurtful Shadow' or something like that."
Daemon sighed.

" Hateful Shade. I thought he was an old mares tale."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"wait... Now that I'm not dying, I think I've heard that name somewhere before tonight." Shin rubbed the sides of his head with his hooves as he tried to remember.
Then it hit him.
"I remember. It was a manga I read about Equestrian history while I was living in Neighppon(Japony). I thought it was historical fiction, but If that was really him, I have no doubt he did everything it said he did."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Just the day. I figure I could probably get up at night and steal stuff..... that or hit on the nurses." He smirked. He streteched hsi legs and looked comfy an possible. "You know I'm still pretty peeved about last night. All that work and not a single bit of valuable treasure. Plus I have no idea what they did with my knife. One the other hand, had fun." He smirked "We killed some crazy demon thing, can't say i've done that before and you know what. Can't say I wouldn't like doing it again either." Locke reached under into his wing and pulled out Locket's necklace. A silver heart with a purposeful hole in the left side. He reached around Navy's neck and put it on himself. "Consider that a token of partner ship. You can get me one later.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy looked down, "Huh? Locke, where did you get-" she suddenly recognized the necklace and lurched back from his grip, "Locke, did you steal this from Locket?" she hissed, "What is wrong with you?!" She started trying to get the necklace off...
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"wait... Now that I'm not dying, I think I've heard that name somewhere before tonight." Shin rubbed the sides of his head with his hooves as he tried to remember.
Then it hit him.
"I remember. It was a manga I read about Equestrian history while I was living in Neighppon(Japony). I thought it was historical fiction, but If that was really him, I have no doubt he did everything it said he did."

Daemon sighed. "Okay then, we have an insane cultist running around. Anyways, I have to go now, so adios."

Daemon stretched and walked out of the room.
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Stole a necklace from a nurse. You suduced a guy, knocked him out , and then enlisted the help of a theif to break inside a historical building in order to steal books. I know I'm going to get hit for this, but whose done worse in the last two days?" Locke imediatly flinched and covered his face with his forelegs to protect himself from the hit that was going to come eventually. "Does it help if I tell that it looks really pretty on you? Because it does."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy didn't make any more to strike him. Instead she just sat down on the floor next to the bed and started crying. She let let her head fall forward onto the bed and covered it with her hooves, sobbing uncontrollably now...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Hmm, Maybe only I take take being reminded of crime as a compliment... He leaned over the bed and looked at the sobbing mare for a moment. "Uhh, that was all a compliment you know. I, mean, you were pretty awesome last night is all I'm saying and all I've done is a petty jewelry snatch. If that was your first time then, well... you're amazing." Complimenting others.... hard... to do legetimatly. "You don't have to cry.... I can give her the neclace back. Tell her that it just fell off."
Daemon

Post by Daemon »

As Daemon walked out of the room, his thoughts were circling.

Hateful Shade, Locke the thief, and a haunted mansion. Of all the towns I decided to live in, of course I choose this one. Daemon mused darkly. He could just leave the hospital, but he didn't know his way around the town.

And there might be a chance of some profit. I'm sure Locke doesn't want anyone to know who he is.... Daemon smirked as a plan manifested in his mind.

Perhaps tonight wasn't so bad after all.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy threw the necklace down on the bed, having already taken it off. She looked up at Locke, still crying, "Locke, Princess Celestia is going to kill me!" She sniffled, wiping her eyes with her arm, "I broke into a national historical site and unleashed one of the most brutal murderers in the history of Equestria... Locke, he's probably planning a military campaign right now, or worse, an assassination on the princess, and it's all MY fault!" She buried her head in the bed again, going back to her sobbing...

======== Shade Manor ========
Hate opened his eyes: he'd been lying on the floor without moving for quite some time now, and it suddenly occured to him that he'd rathar just keep moving than let himself slowly waste away and die on the ground right here. He pulled himself to his hooves: one pace at a time, 'tis been said... He steadied himself before glancing up at the faded painting of his parents, giving it a nod before turning to walk back towards the staircase...