MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by Zack_the_husky »

"Meh, who knows where it came from? Come on, let's get going."
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie walked by the wall, shaking her head. "For the love of...Guys, there's these two things on your head. They're called eyes." She pointed a hoof at the wall."You use them to keep things like walking into really big and obvious walls from happening." She sighed. She needed friends who weren't so accident-prone.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen hung his head as he stood back up. "Y-yeah, you're right..." His lanky mane hid his eyes as he began following behind Lizzie, making sure not to run into anything else.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

After they had walked for a few minutes, they soon found themselves at the pie place. Light grinned. "Time for our pie competition."
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde sipped his tea as Hate spoke, Hate is a bit odd. He speaks as if he were a performer in a William Shakesteed play. He chuckled to himself before speaking, "Wow, Canterlot, eh? That's impressive to have attended school there. I hear admittance is fairly exclusive."
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hate nodded, getting back into comfort at the other pony not sticking on the prank he'd pulled on Princess Celestia a thousand years ago, "Oh yes, I had access to all the great libraries, observatories, laboratories... It was amazing! And yes, the university is very exclusive: I got in because I beat Sel-" he paused, No, not 'Selena Luna'..., "One of the teachers in a traditional contest of horns. She was going easy on me, but she was still really impressed when I won, so she brought me back to the school with her to study and research magic." He smiled, "I learned everything I know there, and I think some of my papers are still being circulated in libraries." He stopped, suddenly thinking, Wait... Are they? I mean, that was quite a long time ago, and Celestia might've had them destroyed after what happened with Selena... Maybe I should check that later... He looked back up, "Anyway, yeah, it was a good school..."

(( LOL, "Shakesteed", I just noticed that. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Hate nodded, getting back into comfort at the other pony not sticking on the prank he'd pulled on Princess Celestia a thousand years ago, "Oh yes, I had access to all the great libraries, observatories, laboratories... It was amazing! And yes, the university is very exclusive: I got in because I beat Sel-" he paused, No, not 'Selena Luna'..., "One of the teachers in a traditional contest of horns. She was going easy on me, but she was still really impressed when I won, so she brought me back to the school with her to study and research magic." He smiled, "I learned everything I know there, and I think some of my papers are still being circulated in libraries." He stopped, suddenly thinking, Wait... Are they? I mean, that was quite a long time ago, and Celestia might've had them destroyed after what happened with Selena... Maybe I should check that later... He looked back up, "Anyway, yeah, it was a good school..."

(( LOL, "Shakesteed", I just noticed that. ))
"Really? You have papers circulated in libraries?" said Cookie, suddenly very interested. "May I ask on what subjects?"
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Erm..." Hate drew a bit of a blank for a second: he wanted to use terms like "sorcery", "Alchemy", "Daemonology", and "Transfiguration", but those didn't seem like terms which were still around, and he didn't know the modern equivalencies. "Chaotic... Stuff... You know, uh, unfocussed magical energy... Uh... Transformation spells..." actually, this was a bit weird for him to think about: he'd been a pioneer in the fields of transfiguration and daemonology... Actually... he wondered what they'd find if they managed to look him up, cringing at the thought of the early sketches a research-assistant had done of "The Nightmare" showing up in the Grand Castilia local paper... He shook his head, cutting things off there, "You know what, nevermind, it wasn't really that groundbreaking or anything, just ongoing lab research, it probably got replaced by somepony else's work a couple years later, and same with them. I doubt you'd find anything really interesting if you looked it up..."

(( If anyone wants to know where a character might suddenly come across his papers, there's actually a compilation of them entitled "The dark deeds of Hateful Shade" with a forward by Princess Celestia about him being "evil" but the information being important. It would be in the archives of the library, as it's around 750 years old. Hate has no idea it exists. ))
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo got up and followed, being sure to pay attention to where he was going this time. Finally they arrived.I'm so hungry, I bet I could eat a cart load of pies right now he thought. "Well, what are we waiting for!" Crescendo said as he ran ahead into the pie place.

((OOC: Are we going to give this place a name? 'Cause if we do, I vote for The Pie Place))
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde smiled, "Quite impressive. I never would have thought a scholar from Canterlot would be living in our portion of Everfree. If I had thought they lived in Everfree at all, I would have assumed they would live closer to Ponyville or Cincineighti, not so far from Canterlot as Castilia. But to each his own I suppose." He shrugged as he poured himself another cup of tea.

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen followed the others inside, looking left and right at place. His mouth watered at the sight and smell of the dozens of pie flavors out on display. "Mmm, I haven't been to Piezza hut in forever. I'm going to eat until I explode! Twice maybe!"

[There. The place now has a name. :P ]
The Game

Post by The Game »

"I vote Light gets to clean that up," Lizzie said. "Alright you guys! Let's get some pies! And some tissues for your tears after I win," she added as an after thought.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde smiled, "Quite impressive. I never would have thought a scholar from Canterlot would be living in our portion of Everfree. If I had thought they lived in Everfree at all, I would have assumed they would live closer to Ponyville or Cincineighti, not so far from Canterlot as Castilia. But to each his own I suppose." He shrugged as he poured himself another cup of tea.
"Oh, Well," Hate started to explain, "My studies ended quite some time ago, and I'm from this area originally, and I was never into the bustle and formality of the capitol city. A familiar part of the Everfree seemed like a nice idea to me, especially with an old living-space out there. A little fixing up, and I'm quite comfortable in my new home." he smiled, "As I said, a perfect place to experiment with magic without the guardians of Equestria having to look in my direction every time something goes awry..." He looked down at his own tea for a second before picking it up and sipping it himself, "As I said before, a bit dangerous, and quite lonely, but I get by on the occasional visit to town." He glanced over at Sunset, "And the ponies who come into the forest..."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Oh, Well," Hate started to explain, "My studies ended quite some time ago, and I'm from this area originally, and I was never into the bustle and formality of the capitol city. A familiar part of the Everfree seemed like a nice idea to me, especially with an old living-space out there. A little fixing up, and I'm quite comfortable in my new home." he smiled, "As I said, a perfect place to experiment with magic without the guardians of Equestria having to look in my direction every time something goes awry..." He looked down at his own tea for a second before picking it up and sipping it himself, "As I said before, a bit dangerous, and quite lonely, but I get by on the occasional visit to town." He glanced over at Sunset, "And the ponies who come into the forest..."
"Well, I certainly hope you're enjoying our town!" said Cookie cheerfully. "How are you enjoying your vittles?"
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

(( 1) That's a weird word to use. 2) Why is everyone so interested in Hate? Is he that interesting? ))

Hate nodded, "Yes, it's changed quite a bit since my youth, but it's still quite familiar... And yes, the tea and pie is very nice. Actually... Are these apples from Sweet-Apple-Acres in Ponyville? They do have that flavor to them..."
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:(( 1) That's a weird word to use. 2) Why is everyone so interested in Hate? Is he that interesting? ))

Hate nodded, "Yes, it's changed quite a bit since my youth, but it's still quite familiar... And yes, the tea and pie is very nice. Actually... Are these apples from Sweet-Apple-Acres in Ponyville? They do have that flavor to them..."
( 1) I didn't know what other word to use, and it didn't seem out of place. 2) They don't know him.)

"Thanks! And you, sir, have a keen palate--they are indeed imported from Sweet-Apple-Acres."

Cookie started washing the dishes, but made it clear she was still present and listening.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Light chuckled. "Please, there's no way I'm going to lose you, Liz."
The Game

Post by The Game »

"We'll see about that, Light-headed," Lizzie replied. She rang the bell on the counter of the shop urgently. "Yo Ms. Tooth! We're having a pie eating contest and we need some delectable pies, pronto!" She grinned at the young mare, and owner of the shop.

"If Joyous wasn't your brother..." Ms. Tooth, better known as Sweet, chuckled, as she stacked pie on top of pie on the counter. "Okay, here's twenty-one pies. That should be enough, right?""

"Perfect! If we need more, we'll just ask. Thanks a bunch, Sweet! I'll make sure Joyous hears about this." She winked, then spread the pies out. "C'mon boys; let's see which one of you can hold your pie."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Pen picked up a pie with his hooves. "I can, see?" Seconds passed by with nothing but silence. As he realized nopony was going to laugh he sighed. "Right, I get it, stick to horror. Let's just eat."

The next moment and his face was buried in blueberry.
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Light grinned. "PIE TIME!" Then, he immediately started nomming on a cherry pie.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie started with an apple pie, trying not to eat too fast for fear of not having room for more. "I vove vie!" she said, though her mouth was full. Halfway done...
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde smiled, "It's delicious, Cookie. It makes to trip to Ponyville worth it. That, and I get to see my friend Macintosh during the visit." He chuckled remembering the trip he made the week before to pick up Cookie's order. "I like talking with Mac, he's one of the few ponies I don't have to talk to sitting down to see at eye level. Though I still have half a hoof on him." He laughed, he would always tease him by calling him 'Mac' instead of 'Big Macintosh' since Clyde was slightly taller than him. "You know, now that I've had a moment to think about it, today has been quite eventful for me, compared to usual, that is. First the weather goes awry, then I meet three new ponies in the span of half an hour. Well... more like two and a half. Have either of you ever met Lizzie Lu?" He asked Cookie and Sunset, "She appeared and disappeared so fast, I thought I had been struck by lightning in pony form."

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde smiled, "It's delicious, Cookie. It makes to trip to Ponyville worth it. That, and I get to see my friend Macintosh during the visit." He chuckled remembering the trip he made the week before to pick up Cookie's order. "I like talking with Mac, he's one of the few ponies I don't have to talk to sitting down to see at eye level. Though I still have half a hoof on him." He laughed, he would always tease him by calling him 'Mac' instead of 'Big Macintosh' since Clyde was slightly taller than him. "You know, now that I've had a moment to think about it, today has been quite eventful for me, compared to usual, that is. First the weather goes awry, then I meet three new ponies in the span of half an hour. Well... more like two and a half. Have either of you ever met Lizzie Lu?" He asked Cookie and Sunset, "She appeared and disappeared so fast, I thought I had been struck by lightning in pony form."
"Thank you, Clyde," said Cookie, beaming. To his question she answered, "The name does sound familiar...."
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate munched his pie, looking back and fourth between the ponies and absorbing their words...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwright pulled away from the cleaned-out pie pan, crumbs falling from his face. He took a few seconds to catch his breath back, before pulling a gooseberry pie over and starting on that.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Lizzie finally gulped down her last bite and took in a huge breath. I think I'm going to hate myself after this contest. She took another pie, yum blueberry!, and began to eat again. She made sure to keep an eye on the boys, just to make sure she wouldn't be outdone.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Crescendo took a pie and started eating. It was apple. He wasn't eating as fast as the others, but he wasn't worried about the contest. He was just glad to have some food in him at last.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde chuckled, "Perhaps you met her once, but missed the entire encounter because you blinked." He said with a smile, "But, I digress. So, how have you been doing, Cookie? It has been a while since we last spoke."

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde chuckled, "Perhaps you met her once, but missed the entire encounter because you blinked." He said with a smile, "But, I digress. So, how have you been doing, Cookie? It has been a while since we last spoke."
"Oh, you know me--same old same old," said Cookie, smiling. "Just the way I like it. Although I did almost run out of walnuts last month--that was an adventure. You know how popular those are."

She stamped her hoof.

"Forgot--I heard the most fascinating story from a traveler who passed by here around that same time. It's kind of long, though."
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Did it involve me? 'Cause I've been called 'fascinating' before, among many other things..." Hate popped in between bites of pie.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Did it involve me? 'Cause I've been called 'fascinating' before, among many other things..." Hate popped in between bites of pie.
Cookie laughed good-naturedly. "I'm SURE I'd remember if it were about you, so no, I'm guessing not. I'll tell you when you have time, though--as I said, it's long, and it won't do to start if I can't expect to finish."
PF chars

--Phoenix

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwright pulled away from the half-eaten pie in front of him to catch his breathe. As he did he looked over at his fellow pie eaters to see how they were doing, and to give a small smile. The moment passed and he resumed eating, deciding he would go for a lemon pie next.
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde laughed, "Well, I know all of my duties have been fulfulled for the day, so I have plenty of time and nowhere to be, so by all means." He nodded.

ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

BlueAnubis wrote:Clyde laughed, "Well, I know all of my duties have been fulfulled for the day, so I have plenty of time and nowhere to be, so by all means." He nodded.
"What about everyone else? I don't want to leave anyone out," said Cookie sincerely.
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate pushed his empty pie-plate away and crossed his forehooves on the table, looking up at Cookie and making himself comfortable on his haunches, "I don't have anywhere to be either, let's hear it!"

(( Consider having Cookie just note Sunset's un-written approval or something, because CTC is kinda out at the moment... ))
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Well, if you're sure," said Cookie. "As I said, there was a traveler passing by last month, around the same time I ran out of walnuts. His name was Johann, he said, and he was a rare breed--a mix of a unicorn AND a pegasus. I didn't think much of it at the time, though, because he didn't use magic or fly. It turned out there was a reason, and that comes into the story...."

Cookie went on nearly a quarter of an hour about the story, but it was as fresh as though she had heard it yesterday.

(OOC: Feel free to make up part of what she said--I'll allow that much bunnying.)
PF chars

--Phoenix

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate nodded in a bit of thought, "Oh yeah, I perfected that sort of thing a long time ago... Unicorn wings can be quite useful when you need to get around and there's no easy path..." He was a bit contemplative at the story, despite its relatively light nature...
BlueAnubis

Post by BlueAnubis »

Clyde stood and stretched his wings, "Interesting, the only unicorn I ever saw with wings was Princess Luna. And that was an amazing sight.""Maybe you just saw this guy with wings, Clyde."

Clyde stopped for a moment and sighed. He folded his wings and turned his head to see his brother, Neighem, standing on his back. "I'm pretty sure I can tell a mare from a stallion, Hem. Unlike yourself."

"Hey, that only happened three times. And two of them were the same colt at different times, so that doesn't count. He zipped out the door and back within the blink of an eye, returning with a canvas. Hi Cookie I painted this for you It's a picture of your house I thought it would look good in your kitchen and then I got bored and I thought it would look good hanging on our dining room wall so then I painted it on our dining room wall... again.

Clyde smiled and sighed, "So what color is our house today?"

"Magenta." Hem said as he leaned the painting on the counter, then he was standing before Hate and Sunset "Hi I'm Neighem but everyone calls me Hem I've seen you both before but you haven't met me."

"Hem, you're doing it again."

"Oh, right." He took a breath, "Maybe the pony Cookie was talking about was a long lost brother to the Princesses. Or perhaps he was not even a pony at all!" He stood in a dramatic pose.

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Hate blinked at "Neighem", "No. Don't be silly, she just told us he said he was a unicorn who'd screwed up his magic. That's what happens when you try transformation spells without someone else around, you end up changing something and losing your magic: I've done it before." he tapped a hoof on the table at the new pony, "Also, the princesses are the only two Alicorns in or out of Equestria as far as I know. Anyone else is probably just using magic, like me." he waved his horn a bit. "Sounds like this guy just needed to get himself a good teacher, like the one I had back in Canterlot."

(( That's an awesome name, lol, "Neigh-hem", like Mayhem... Also though, Princess Luna? Not Celestia? I mean, one makes pretty regular appearances, while the other one doesn't seem to even appear after episode 2... ))
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

"Welcome to my humble abode, Hem, and thank you so much for the painting!" said Cookie. "It's beautiful!"

To Hem's suggestion she said, "Oh, don't think he didn't TRY to convince me of that! But the more he talked, the more his story didn't quite fit. He told SOME truths, yes, and those were the fascinating parts, but you have to get up VERY early to fool Cookie Cutter!" She winked conspiratorially.

"Well, anyway, reason enough why I'm glad I'm not a unicorn myself. No offense meant. I wouldn't want to have magic that could go wrong. Besides, I don't need it for what I do, and it's SO much more satisfying to make things with your own four hooves. Anyway, where was I at? Oh yes. Would you believe this fellow actually tried to persuade ME to JOIN him on his journey? Ha ha! I told him thanks just the same, but I wasn't interested. It was a full 20 minutes before he finally gave up, but he didn't leave right then. He actually mentioned something about the missing walnuts...."

Cookie continued her story and managed to keep it interesting.
PF chars

--Phoenix