MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Zack_the_husky

Re: MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Anyway...Added Ctcmjh's character.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

ChewyChewy wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Yay new player!

I hope me and Chewy didn't scare BlueAnubis off...

Oh, and NaylorFan> I hope you're not going to cookie's, as that will put all the characters in the same place... Which scares me...
Why does that scare you? :?
If there are too many players in one interaction, the RP gets slowed down to a crawl, because we all have different scedules and posting rates. For example, BlueAnubis posts around 12:00 for me almost once a day, which means I can only get one post per day. Think if HE was waiting on someone because they weren't able to post before he went off, because the person they were waiting on couldn't post because they weren't on and they'd been waiting for BlueAnubis. In that situation, BlueAnubis can post only once every two days. I know it's not really that structured, but that happens every time I see a large group of players in one scene: the rate and quality of posts goes down.

Now, the idea of all 6 characters being in one place doesn't seem so bad to me at the moment, except that we just started this RP, and I'm not comfortable enough with my character to try and deal with large, chaotic groups. That's why I'm trying to introduce him to characters slowly and one at a time, not because I don't want to RP with certain players, but because I'm not comfortable with sticking our characters in a large group right now.

Now that I've rambled on about that, I should get going for the next 5 hours, lol...

Oh, by the way: yay for Sunset!
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Oh dear. I knew I should have been visiting this thread regularly, I've missed so much! :(

Also Sunset sounds awesome, if I do say so myself. With her being a big sucker for novels and my character being a writer, I'm already imagining some fun hijinks that could come from our interactions.

Also I had been planning on going to Cookie's, but I can understand how that'd be a problem. How about my sudden urge for pie lead me and the others to, I don't know, some pie shop or something that Sunset's also at?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

naylorfan90 wrote:Oh dear. I knew I should have been visiting this thread regularly, I've missed so much! :(
You should check the OOC threads for new posts every time you check the RP for new posts.
Also Sunset sounds awesome, if I do say so myself. With her being a big sucker for novels and my character being a writer, I'm already imagining some fun hijinks that could come from our interactions.
And Hate using magic to make it all complete.
Also I had been planning on going to Cookie's, but I can understand how that'd be a problem. How about my sudden urge for pie lead me and the others to, I don't know, some pie shop or something that Sunset's also at?
I liked my idea that the horn lead them to somewhere where there was free pie for them due to some rare occurrence.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Oh dear. I knew I should have been visiting this thread regularly, I've missed so much! :(
You should check the OOC threads for new posts every time you check the RP for new posts.
And Hate using magic to make it all complete.
I liked my idea that the horn lead them to somewhere where there was free pie for them due to some rare occurrence.
I like that idea too. I'll implement it with my next post.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:((Sunset wouldn't really be the most social pony, but neither is she the least social. She would at least be acquaintances with everyone, probably not know Hate, and maybe being friends with some of them. ))
Wait... I thought she made potions... Wouldn't that mean she'd be getting ingredients from the Everfree Forest? 'Cause that would mean that she either went out and foraged herself, in which case Hate would have quickly introduced himself, or she bought them from someone who did it for her, which might even be Hate, as he actually lives out there...

You sure she wouldn't know him? (I'm still waiting on Clyde.)
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

So, I have a question. Would you call their faces, "faces" or is there a more equine-like word for it?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I don't think so, but they do have "muzzles"...
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:((Sunset wouldn't really be the most social pony, but neither is she the least social. She would at least be acquaintances with everyone, probably not know Hate, and maybe being friends with some of them. ))
Wait... I thought she made potions... Wouldn't that mean she'd be getting ingredients from the Everfree Forest? 'Cause that would mean that she either went out and foraged herself, in which case Hate would have quickly introduced himself, or she bought them from someone who did it for her, which might even be Hate, as he actually lives out there...

You sure she wouldn't know him? (I'm still waiting on Clyde.)
Actually, that makes a lot of sense.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Short response while waiting for Clyde, and BAM! First titledrop!

Also, I just noticed that we use the same color... is it too late for you to try Orange (#FF8000)?

Edit: Oh wait, it's normally Red... Ok, that works for everyone I think...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

What happened to BlueAnubis? He drop out while I wasn't paying attention?
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Why do you guys keep speaking OOC in an IC thread?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Because the IC thread has unlimited pie.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

No posts for a whole day? This makes me a sad raccoon...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

What happened, people?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

naylorfan90 wrote:What happened, peopleponies?
Well, I think my group is waiting on Blue Anubis. He was on today, but he didn't post, and I have no idea why... I guess he dropped out and isn't telling us? Anyway, I guess we should just keep going for now, since he hasn't posted or said anything to us...

As for you guys, it's Zach's turn. Go take your turn Zach! Though I should ask, do you know what's going on yet with Penwright?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

And then it stops again... Why is it stopping? CTC? :<
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ctcmjh has finals, he said.

Don't worry, this isn't the result of anyone JOINING, it's the result of people doing the opposite.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Dang it, I'm just not adding anything to this rp. :/ Maybe I should drop out of it..
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

naylorfan90 wrote:Dang it, I'm just not adding anything to this rp. :/ Maybe I should drop out of it..
Dropping out of it will make it even LESS likely to fly. I'm not adding anything either but I'm not dropping out of it.

What we need to do is brainstorm how we CAN add something.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

ChewyChewy wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:Dang it, I'm just not adding anything to this rp. :/ Maybe I should drop out of it..
Dropping out of it will make it even LESS likely to fly. I'm not adding anything either but I'm not dropping out of it.

What we need to do is brainstorm how we CAN add something.
>.>
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

...You're not enjoying it at all? You're not interested in playing your character any more? You don't see any future progression for your character other than fading into the background?

Feeling like you're "not adding anything" isn't a reason to leave an RP, only to think more about how you can add things. I was reading the D&D 3.5 Dungeon Master's Guide 2 last night, and it went in depth about players who don't show alot of interest or don't contribute much more than a played character, yet keep showing up. The book made the point that such players add something to the game without the need for the GM to think about how to keep them interested. You're not hurting anyone by being a passive contributor to an RP: the only thing a player ever really needs to contribute is a character and someone to play them regularly. Just because you're not the center of attention or the one driving the action doesn't mean you're a bad player, it just means you're only contributing the minimum amount.

That being said, I don't want you to drop out. I think you guys should have your pie eating contest for a few posts and then maybe think of an arc in which you would be interested in playing your characters. Perhaps the abandoned manor I was mentioning earlier? (Penwright IS a horror-writer, and being easily frightened means he'll 1) have the progression caused by facing his fears and 2) be entertaining when scary things happen. Right there, I've made Penwright a contextually interesting character.)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I have come to a decision. Despite his intelligence, Pen shall be...the Caboose of the group. [If you know what I mean by this, I love you.]

Also to Rockstar: it's not that I wasn't enjoying it. I was just worried I was lessening how much others were enjoying it.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

naylorfan90 wrote:I have come to a decision. Despite his intelligence, Pen shall be...the Caboose of the group. [If you know what I mean by this, I love you.]

Also to Rockstar: it's not that I wasn't enjoying it. I was just worried I was lessening how much others were enjoying it.
I...know what a caboose IS (though I wish I didn't), but I don't know what you mean by it....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

ChewyChewy wrote:
naylorfan90 wrote:I have come to a decision. Despite his intelligence, Pen shall be...the Caboose of the group. [If you know what I mean by this, I love you.]

I...know what a caboose IS (though I wish I didn't), but I don't know what you mean by it....
*shrugs* Well, this isn't really the place to go into length about it, but in the internet machinima RedvsBlue there's a character. His name is Caboose. He is very special.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Why? Couldn't think of how to make his character interesting as is? I thought you were going for a Stephen King thing: quirky horror writer with lots of fears...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Why? Couldn't think of how to make his character interesting as is? I thought you were going for a Stephen King thing: quirky horror writer with lots of fears...
I can do that and still be the comic relief. >.> I'm really getting tired of getting questioned...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

naylorfan90 wrote:I'm really getting tired of getting questioned...
Sorry, I just don't want you to short-sell your character. The initial concept was good, and so far you've roleplayed him well. I just don't see the need for you to make drastic alterations that you'll have to deal with later...

I'll stop though.
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

If you ask me, I think Caboose is probably the smartest character (at least on the Blue team), he's just more child-like than any of the other characters. He is far more innocent minded in the ways the world works than most people, so that innocence somes off as a lack of intelligence.
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Alright...Blue, Chewy, RR, until CTC finishes his exams, why don't you guys just keep on posting?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Well, I was waiting for anyone else, but yeah, I was thinking of posting anyway, so...
Zack_the_husky

Post by Zack_the_husky »

Alright, Game, Naylorfan, why don't we skip Cwitt, for now?
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

I posted, so it's all okay now! :D
BlueAnubis
Location: 1 Sea of Tranquility, the Moon (or somewhere in Ohio)

Post by BlueAnubis »

In regards to my latest post

Cincinneighti
Cin-ci-NEIGH-tea

That is all.
Jack and Ruby: Richmond Acres
Sahsa: Radiant Garden
Look at my Typhlosion, it's cute!

Fluttershy wrote:You're... going to LOVE ME!!!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

C'mon guys! Get it together! They're having more fun than us!!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH! BEWARE THE PIE OF FUUUUUUUUUN! :P
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

*Pokes Cookie's house, wondering if anything will happen there before he leaves on Thursday...*
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Seeing as nothing is happening at all, I guess I won't worry about being gone from here...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

*waves* By, Rockstar. Have fun wherever you're going, we'll miss you.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

naylorfan90 wrote:*waves* By, Rockstar. Have fun wherever you're going, we'll miss you.
Don't worry, I'm just in Texas. I'll be back in a few days and will have some ability in the mean time.