MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: MLP:FIM RP: Grand Castilia OOC

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the thing is, Raccoon saw this RP as having both running simultaneously with a GM for each story arc, meaning that while he was running the haunted mansion, someone else would be running a slice of life arc.but people are too used to having one GM run everything that that didn't quite work.
but the idea makes sense to me. why have two RPs with one type of story each when you can have one with two types of story?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hey guys. Crashed my car a few days ago and it's thrown off everything, that's why I haven't been around. Let's see... What's it I need to do here....
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the thing is, Raccoon saw this RP as having both running simultaneously with a GM for each story arc, meaning that while he was running the haunted mansion, someone else would be running a slice of life arc.but people are too used to having one GM run everything that that didn't quite work.
but the idea makes sense to me. why have two RPs with one type of story each when you can have one with two types of story?
I kinda just figured that if they didn't WANT to be in an action/adventure arc they'd just ignore it, and I'm not sure that's why they left. I kinda feel like The Game, Chewy, Zach, and Anubis left the forums all together, and this just happened to be an RP they stopped paying attention to. I don't remember any of them mentioning anything about this stuff... (though, in Brookshire, when we launched anything that wasn't lovey-dovey picnics, there was a group that complained...)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
exranio

Post by exranio »

And that is exactly why I am not in any of those RP's. I'd just personally like to keep the pony monsterhunting thing up. I mean we have a perfect team for a group that sits around town and generally kills bad things. A crazy Librarian with some undergound secrets who can be source of info. A ninja wannabee apperently (I didn't read the whole thing), A thief who wants to be a dragon, Penwrite is the relatively normal-ish guy, and Sunset is the lady with an collection (the censorship thing on here is broken) of potions and magic info.

See, perfect slayers.
Of course I have been watching nothing but Buffy for the past 2 weeks.
Last edited by exranio on Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I like Exranio's idea, but we should separate the big adventures with funnier, slice of life stuff. You know, cool-down periods.

Also, sorry for not posting for a few days. I was at a sci-fi convention and we only paid for internet access for my brother's computer. I'll post soon.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Exranio> lol, I see...
...Wait until you see what I'm planning on doing with my characters after this arc...

Anyway, I said several times that the whole "Haunted Mansion Arc" was optional, and that anyone could do whatever they wanted, so if they really decided that they needed to leave, then I'm not gonna say we lost them over it. Besides, there aren't enough players for 2 neighborhoods. I tend to think that if people leave the RP for reasons like that, they weren't loyal members anyway, so I'm not too interested in trying to lure them back...

The original plan (I'm not sure how clear this was when me and Zach were talking about it) was to run things like the show: it's usually "slice-of-life" and happy-go-lucky, and occasionally some ponies go on crazy adventures.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So...I just beat the monster thingy whatever. Does anyone have problems with how it went down?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm good with it. Poor Pen...
so what was the point of using the horn? did the thing need to be stabbed with something magical and the knife couldn't be magicified?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

The point of using the horn like that was 1, drama. Secondly, let's assume that the complex diagrams and what-have-you that Pen didn't have the time or tools to create would act to focus the magic into the spell. Since they weren't an option, Pen had to make do with an object already filled with focused magic, his horn.

Wow, I'm really putting this much thought into this...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I figured that was probably the reason.
If Raccoon's fine with the way you defeated him, I'll respond.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I don't get it, but WHATEVER! I like the Evil Dead reference anyway...

I was gonna have the monster explode into dust and blind everyone though. Can the monster explode into dust? :D

Edit: wait.... Are you permanently removing your character's horn? Those grow back, right? I mean, like hooves?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I don't get it, but WHATEVER! I like the Evil Dead reference anyway...

I was gonna have the monster explode into dust and blind everyone though. Can the monster explode into dust? :D

Edit: wait.... Are you permanently removing your character's horn? Those grow back, right? I mean, like hooves?
*puts on Medic outfit* I HAVE NO IDEA!!!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I'll have someone say it will eventually... Having it gone for good is a bit too dark... especially since technically he'd be alot worse off than an Earth pony... >!>;;;

Anyway, yeah can you have it explode into dust and fill the room with it like smoke? That'd be cool...
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well typically the removal of a horn equals death. But I think it would be pretty cool if he went on being an earth pony after sacrificing his horn, but that's just me.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well, we could always have a future adventure be a search for a way to grow Pen's horn back. Have the characters develop as true companions and such.

Also, Pen's fainted, so he'll miss the explode into dust bit. Could someone else write that part?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

There. I did something about something. Let's go with it.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Okay before I can continue, is that my knife in Shin or some one elses knife. He said "that Pen had used" but I don't remember Pen using a Knife and I don't know were mine is.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

exranio wrote:Okay before I can continue, is that my knife in Shin or some one elses knife. He said "that Pen had used" but I don't remember Pen using a Knife and I don't know were mine is.
Pen had a knife from the kitchen, it's how he cut off his horn just now.
though if you have a knife that has been misplaced, that may work better.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Let's roll with it being mine then.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:Oh, you guys killed it. Cool, I was getting really of him. All his screaming and rage and stuff. He could have had a much cooler schtick.
He was getting really of him?
exranio

Post by exranio »

I missed a word. I'll handle it. Don't get your bindings in a bunch missy.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:I missed a word. I'll handle it. Don't get your bindings in a bunch missy.
Humph! *poutyface* I'm a sexy librarian, remember? Literacy is my job!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
exranio wrote:I missed a word. I'll handle it. Don't get your bindings in a bunch missy.
Humph! *poutyface* I'm a sexy librarian, remember? Literacy is my job!
Sexy to whom? *hit in head by book*
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, after tumbling that post around in my head for a bit, I posted it. There's the explanation for a Dreadlord just showing up out of nowhere.

Edit: by the way, feel free to wake up whenever you want back in...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Yeah...I kinda thought the adventure in the mansion would end with the Dreadlord's defeat...it'd get assumed one of y'all carried me back to town so that I could wake up in a hospital or something. I mean, defeating that monster was the logical climax of that particular adventure...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

I drew Navy now,
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9109/navyblues.png
I used a picture of Rarity looking sexy with wet-hair as a base, so the pose isn't mine...
exranio

Post by exranio »

We call this the descending action or whatever. It's like the rising action but after the climax and ebfore the resolution, unless it is the resolution...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Well, this would be a good time to a) ask questions about what the heck happened or b) ESCAPE. Either one will work for now...

...Or you could attack someone who was at one point trying to assassinate Princess Celestia...
....you know with your hooves against his magic...
.....There's at least a small chance of him NOT killing you if you do that...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I like Rockstar's idea. We should really be getting out of there.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I agree.
and for the record, Shin throwing the knife just now wasn't an attack, just a diversionary tactic. as stated, he knew Hate would catch it.
unless somehow he doesn't, in which case, whoops.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

So question. If I took my knife out of your wing would it just fall off?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

no, but Shin may bleed out. that would leave one more unconscious pony to worry about.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Just checking.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

if you want to, go ahead. The wing already had its tendon cut and is beyond saving (I assume that medical magic isn't that advanced considering Rainbow only broke hers and needed to not use it for a while)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

So a unicorn lost a horn and a Pegasus lost a wing.... best RP on this forum by far!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

exranio wrote:So a unicorn lost a horn and a Pegasus lost a wing.... best RP on this forum by far!
An Earth Pony also lost alot of blood... But that's the benefits of an Earth Pony, their powers aren't tied to any specific body parts...
Glad you're enjoying yourselves!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well, our characters could learn to rely on each other to make up for personal weaknesses.

Also, if y'all really want Pen awake and doing stuff...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ahh! Now two characters have passed out! What should Navy do? Se can only carry one! D:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

ctcmjh wrote:Sunset gasped at the events unfolding. She wanted to do something to help, but she had no inkling as to what she could do. She stood there, looking from pony to pony, trying to figure out what to do. As Pen fell unconscious, she gasped, and as Locke fell unconscious, she gasped once more.

Her hold on her invisibility potion was fading, and she was quickly becoming visible once more. She rushed over to Pen as he lay unconscious, "Penny!" She nearly screamed, frightened, disregarding the clear and present danger.
You are close to the point, but Penwrite is already on Navy's back.

Also, this:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:his eyes narrowed on Sunset, "I know you're standing there invisible, Sunset."
You have any comment?
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok, so... That's probably the last thing I'm going to post without waiting for everyone else. Thanks for coming back to help the group CTC, lol.

Feel free to be singed or maybe a little hurt by the teleportation by the way: as I said, she's not practiced at it so, like Twilight in the early episodes, she can't just do it.

Also feel free to go against anything I'm saying or doing... Navy's just acting as she acts, being the most knowledgeable of the history of Hate. (if anyone wants some background for their characters, I could go into detail for them, but the short version is that he worked for Nightmare Moon and supposedly ate ponies, and is obviously a dangerous individual to fight.)
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Will we meet Hate again, you think?