Dwarf Fortress Succession Game/Role play.

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Jimmy Jazz

Dwarf Fortress Succession Game/Role play.

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

What follows is a succession-style Let's Play of the game Dwarf Fortress. In this, we chronicle the rise and fall of a epic Dwarven fortress. Each ruler will be given a single year of gametime in which to manage the fortress, then they gave the reigns over to the next player in line.

FAQ:

Can i join even if i suck? heck yes!

====

what is Dwarf fortress?

In a nutshell, Dwarf Fortress is best described as a 2-D base building game in the theme of Dungeon Keeper. The concept is simple, the graphics are simple; but the depth of the game is fairly awesome. (Even more amazing when you realize it is all the product of a single man gaming company.)

The dwarves you "control" are somewhat autonomous. They have likes, dislikes, and needs. While you can assign them specific duties and set basic orders, they have minds of their own and will act according to how they feel. You can give them a job, but that doesn't always mean they'll do it right away. Injuries to all animals and dwarves are tracked, down to internal organs and body parts. Dwarves have moods that are affected by the things around them. They can decide to throw a party for their friends, or they might stress out under strain and suddenly kill each other with little to no warning. Female dwarves occasionally get pregnant and, if they are exposed to trauma (say a goblin siege); they very well might miscarry. Sad thoughts caused by things of that nature can lead dwarves to tantrums or even suicide.

You begin with 7 dwarves and scarce few supplies at the face of a mountain. Your only objective is to survive the elements while building yourself as cool a fortress as you possibly can before you inevitably die. Simple enough, yes?

The game is displayed in a pseudo-ASCII style, which uses letters for objects in the game world, similar to Nethack. I hear you groaning, but you'll quickly catch the hang of things.

===

where can i get Dwarf Fortress?

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

===

Is there any way i can get some help?...

http://dwarf.lendemaindeveille.com/index.php/Main_Page

===

if you want to join just say so and I'll add you to this list:
Jimmy Jazz

REMEMBER THE MOTTO OF DWARF FORTRESS: losing is fun!

what what? Jolly good time.